PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Music Festival 2009

Pages : 1 2 [3]

miseducation
03-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Coachella is 80 million times better than Ultra. But still, there's no reason not to go to Ultra if you live in Miami. You can get a one day for 75 beans and see a day of music that's as good if not better than the best Sahara day.

Still, Coachella is so much more than the Sahara.

trancehiphop
03-23-2009, 11:35 PM
I dunno..I'm pretty hyped about this, especially since miami is the place to be during spring break for all the people on the east coast. WOW! I just need to get into the bacardi party on thurs afternoon! I CAN"T WAIT!

RAINBOWS
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
still looking for tickets.... =/ anyone?!?

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-24-2009, 07:02 AM
If your @ Miami and you aren't going to ULTRA....... you suck at life. At least shell out some money for Day 2. That day is amazing.

the Prodigy
Moby
Booka Shade
Cut Copy
Deadmau5
Simian Mobile Disco
Crystal Castles
MSTRKRFT
Boys Noize
the Bloody Beetroots
The Presets
Late of the Pier
L.A. Riots

goddamit....

sbessiso
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm not going. I just can't spend the money. I have Coachella in 3 weeks and thats top priority

Aphxtwinin
03-24-2009, 07:15 AM
If your @ Miami and you aren't going to ULTRA....... you suck at life. At least shell out some money for Day 2. That day is amazing.

the Prodigy
Moby
Booka Shade
Cut Copy
Deadmau5
Simian Mobile Disco
Crystal Castles
MSTRKRFT
Boys Noize
the Bloody Beetroots
The Presets
Late of the Pier
L.A. Riots

goddamit....
im in miami, i am going, i win at life! so who is taking the metro and what times? we can meet up at the stations, me and my xtc posse will be going from the UM station around 330 or 4 on friday and 330 on sat.

thelastmejia
03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
still looking for tickets.... =/ anyone?!?

Try craigslist and buying in front of the event,

miseducation
03-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Yo Aphex, my crew and I (The Last Mejia included) are heading out from my place at like 3:30 as well. My building is the one right in front of the Mover exit before the Bicentennial.

If you want to combine parties, I can dig it. The more the merrier.

gooftroop
03-24-2009, 12:32 PM
YEEEEESSSS!!!!

thelastmejia
03-24-2009, 03:53 PM
i don't live in miami but this is my 3rd umf ... i can't go tomorrow for wmc mixmag pool party cause of work :( ... u can't win 'em all ... the party begins on thursday for me & my friends!!!

:dumbo

Awesome, are you going to the bacardi live party? I won't be able to make it because ill be driving down, but you should if have tickets

thelastmejia
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
3 MORE DAYS. GOD I CANT WAIT.

Jackietron
03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
...& counting!

miseducation
03-25-2009, 11:03 AM
so... question. Can the peeps going to Friday see if the set times are posted for Saturday?

I so fucking wish they gave out the fucking times ahead of this damn show.

PassiveTheory
03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
If I had realized that this was during Spring Break I might have made an effort to go to day 2. Oh well, here's hoping EDC is half as good this year...

Aphxtwinin
03-25-2009, 11:14 AM
so... question. Can the peeps going to Friday see if the set times are posted for Saturday?

I so fucking wish they gave out the fucking times ahead of this damn show.

yea the little programs they give out has the times for both days...so ill be back here friday and post them up for u

miseducation
03-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Aphx, are you going to be using party favors both days? That's honestly the reason I bowed out of day 1. I prefer to save my energy and supplies for the one.

Aphxtwinin
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey Aphx, are you going to be using party favors both days? That's honestly the reason I bowed out of day 1. I prefer to save my energy and supplies for the one.

i believe we are only doing day two as well just because our source is bringing them down sat but otherwise we would have done both

gooftroop
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
i believe we are only doing day two as well just because our source is bringing them down sat but otherwise we would have done both

!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo friend just wanted to let you know I heard that Infected Mushroom is playing @ 3:30 on saturday, do you think you'll get there in time for that?

So close...

landa321
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
so, no set times in advance? that blows.

mistdevil
03-25-2009, 11:30 PM
TIGA JUST CANCELLED ALL HIS EVENTS IN WMC!!

Aphxtwinin
03-26-2009, 07:45 AM
well tomorrow is almost here..but i will be gaining access to the festival grounds tonight around 8 because of a friend who will be working it. ill try to see if i can get a program with set times, last year they had this big blow up schedule thing a la warped tour so maybe i can snap a shot of that so we can plan tomorrow, today.

thelastmejia
03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
well tomorrow is almost here..but i will be gaining access to the festival grounds tonight around 8 because of a friend who will be working it. ill try to see if i can get a program with set times, last year they had this big blow up schedule thing a la warped tour so maybe i can snap a shot of that so we can plan tomorrow, today.

Awesome, hope it goes well.

werwap
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I ALREADY BOUGHT MY TICKETS TO ULTRA AND MY FRIEND BAILED ON ME! I LIVE IN ATLANTA, GA. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT I GOT MONEY TO THROW IN FOR THE TRIP! 678-334-0493

Aphxtwinin
03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
alright so im back...no set times anywhere to be seen. i walked through the entire festival, everything looks like the same set up except the DnB stage is way off to the side near the water between bicentennial and AA Arena. They were playing some Prodigy over the system and it sounded very good, I think the sound systems might be different. the weather is gonna be perfect over the weekend, there is some storms coming in sunday so we will get an awesome breeze. if its anything like it was tonight it will be perfect.

feather
03-26-2009, 04:34 PM
HAVE FUN YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! Rave it up for me. I am there in spirit.

BUT I GET TO SEE THE PRODIGY THREE DAYS IN A ROW!! Phew don't feel so sad anymore.

miseducation
03-26-2009, 07:07 PM
alright so im back...no set times anywhere to be seen. i walked through the entire festival, everything looks like the same set up except the DnB stage is way off to the side near the water between bicentennial and AA Arena. They were playing some Prodigy over the system and it sounded very good, I think the sound systems might be different. the weather is gonna be perfect over the weekend, there is some storms coming in sunday so we will get an awesome breeze. if its anything like it was tonight it will be perfect.

Dope! So that's what I can see from my balcony. I was wondering what that stage was.

gooftroop
03-27-2009, 07:59 AM

And so it begins. Everybody who goes today enjoy your time and be safe...I'll be there to rage with you tomorrow!

BOOM!

HunterGather
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
BUT I GET TO SEE THE PRODIGY THREE DAYS IN A ROW!! Phew don't feel so sad anymore.

Wha?

gooftroop
03-27-2009, 02:20 PM
My friend who is going today sent me a picture of the schedule for the bayfront live stage:

12:00 - Krakk and Smakk
1:00 - Hercules and Love Affair
2:00 - The Presents
3:00 - Late of the Pier
4:00 - M.A.N.D.Y.
5:00 - LA Riots
5:30 - Cut Copy
6:15 - Boys Noize
7:15 - Bloody Beetroots
7:30 - Crystal Castles
8:30 - MSTRKRFT
9:30 - Heidi
9:45 - Deadmau5
11:00 - Simian motherfuckin Mobile Disco

Good call having Simian close out the night...kind of upset about the Bloody Beetroots short set but they're playing tonight as well so they probably get a full set for that one.

I will post more if I receive it, I'm thinking Prodigy will be easy to see because they'll probably play somewhere between 8-1030, PVD always closes. Simian it is for me!!

Edit: Prodigy plays 9-1030, see you there kids.......

Main Stage:
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=5e1f269dc4&view=att&th=12049fcccc21197d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

miseducation
03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Nice, dude! This one's going to be tough for me. I'm glad that I'm going to see Cut Copy when I'm less fucked up and not 9 o clock style-fucked up.

Simian closing is a little-bit fucked up but I'll make it happen. I like that I can catch exactly 45 minutes of the Prodigy before I go see Deadmau5.

And guys, I saw MSTRKRFT play a set yesterday with the new shit and it was pretty miss-able. I like them and all but I'd almost recommend something else.

If someone can checkout exactly when Booka Shade is playing I'll love them forever.

I like that I can rock Cut Copy->Booka->end of Crystal Castles->Somebody other than MSTRKRFT-> Prodigy->Deadmau5->Simian

gooftroop
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM
I am so glad Simian is closing, there is no one I would rather see do so. Yeah MSTRKRFT is def missable I've seen them several times. Your schedule is almost like mine except for I won't be leaving Prodigy early to catch Deadmau5, I'll just catch the end of his set. No way am I missing Smack my bitch up, Diesel Power, etc.

I feel you on seeing Cut Copy not so fucked up, I probably won't have even dropped by then. Will be good enough on it's own...can't fucking wait!!

rhcpdude13
03-27-2009, 06:11 PM
i wonder how many gay people or people on meth/cocaine will be attending this

suprefan
03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Hmmm

Bloc Party
Ultra Festival Cancellation
We've been forced to cancel our Ultra Music Festival performance.

Unfortunately, Kele has contracted viral pharyngitis and is unable to perform today at the Ultra Music Festival in beautiful Miami, FL.

We send our heartfelt apologies to all our fans and the Ultra Music Festival organizers.

We hope to return to Miami, FL, at our earliest opportunity

for those who went to Ultra Music Festival...
To all my fans and lovers who came out to see me at Ultra tonight and wondered why my set was soooo short i can only apologize, but it was out of my control, as the organizers wouldn't let me play my allocated set time. :(

ill be playing again tomorrow, hopefully more than 7 minutes, and i look forward to playing a full set.

it was a fun 7 minutes all the same. good to see so many make it out :D

-deadmau5.

HunterGather
03-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Sounds like one hot mess.

Apparently BT had some technical problems himself.

Mabdul Doobakus
03-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Alright, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it...The Prodigy's performance tonight pretty much sucked. They came out nearly half an hour late, played less than an hour, and when they did play the bass was SO loud that it drowned out everything else. It was just one long monotonous drubbing. Feel free to disagree, but I was glad when it was over. And my ears were so overwhelmed that I no longer felt like sticking around for Simian Mobile Disco.

On another note, I really enjoyed The Presets and Cut Copy, who started a little awkwardly but definitely picked up a lot of steam towards the end...too bad their guitarist decided to start mucking about during Lights and Music, which was their closer. Crystal Castles was alright...they also picked up steam towards the end. Hercules and Love Affair was dreadfully dull. I actually didn't realize he had started until the set was nearly over...it pretty much sounded like the music they were playing between sets. I would pass on Hercules unless Antony is there.

Aphxtwinin
03-29-2009, 02:38 AM
yea The Prodigy was eh....the sound was what made it shit...this experience made me seriously appreciate the level of quality that Coachella presents. Also a lot of Coachella promoting I saw a bunch of posters up on the official set time posters of Ultra, took a pic it was awesome. but yea 19 days till epic awesome, no more Ultras for me. single day ticket only if there is an awesome band
edit: 630am still up...at least we got good shit this year woot!

Fourthisto
03-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Put me in the "Prodigy came out flat" camp as well. They started out with what, 3-4 new songs? No one knew them, and the sound was muddy. They lost half the crowd with that, but Breathe and Firestarter helped them salvage those who stuck around. .... for a while.

The midnight "music curfew" sucks! A lot was cut short because of it.

But the Presets (I was the nutbag in the first row in the middle, jumping around like a damn idiot and screaming the lyrics), Armin, Cut Copy, STG, Inf Mush, Above & Beyond, Moby, Benassi, Swedish House Mafia, MSTRKRFT & the Whip were all pretty damn good.

Since the detractors are out, let me chime in and say I've seen MSTRKRFT twice before too and last night was a great night for them, much more impressive than last time I saw 'em. The crowd was really into it, the timeslot was perfect. Much better than their club shows.

so, no set times in advance? that blows.

Yes. Yes, it does. As far as organizational skills go, Ultra has to be the least qualified out of all the ones I've ever been to. So many things they do or have set up don't make any sense and are laughable compared to other fests.

But what matters is the music, and there wasn't a short supply of it both days! It was a great Coachella warm up experience. :cool:

miseducation
03-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Okay, so the whole day was a little bit of a mixed bag for me.

The Presets were great live. I loved when a hired dancer tried to go onstage and the Presets guy said "get this fucking girl off the stage" and sang that as every line in the song he was playing until she did.

Infected Mushroom are pathetically corny.

Cut Copy was really disappointing. They sounded super flat and the songs just didn't seem full of life like on the CD. Maybe I wouldn't have cared so much if the Presets hadn't played a few hours before and made me hear what live electronica COULD sound like.

Booka Shade fucking destroyed the main stage. They sounded incredible in the main sound system, the visuals were kickin and the sun was just coming down. The right band at the right time - good shit.

Crystal Castles were pretty eh. I was a little tired weary and wandering by then but I felt no reason to stay.

MSTRKRFT played better than they had for me two days ago, and I think it was definitely the best stage production I'd ever seen them give. Still, Fist of God doesn't play as well as The Looks live and my attention again wandered.

Prodigy was way too late and my friends and I just left to go see Deadmau5. Maybe this was something everybody knew that I didn't, but he's fucking sick live. The Mouse helmet, the sheer variety and quality of his singles was out of hand. He wins moment of the day yesterday for me his EPIC EPIC EPIC breakdown to "Not Exactly" - the lights and the smoke machines were kicking and he came from behind the booth in costume to lead the whole crowd in a giant bounce to the point of explosion. Best of the day.

Simian Mobile Disco on the other hand, was probably just the wrong band at the wrong time. At 11pm, after getting my face melted - their brand of dry, mechanical techno just didn't jive with me. In comparison the quality of Ultra's production (those guys at least do know how to set up some stages) Simian Mobile Disco's sparse poles of LEDs seemed downright minimal and not visually compelling.

So yes - I think Ultra did well, good booking, beautiful stages and great sound (for once!)

sbessiso
03-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Anyone see the black eyed peas?

HunterGather
03-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I saw a few clips on youtube.
They looked like they put on a good show

betao
03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
rumor is the prodigy were running late because of a missed flight. apparently they barely made it on time.

thelastmejia
03-29-2009, 06:16 PM
DeadMau5 was the jewel of the whole festival.

paulb
03-29-2009, 07:44 PM
thats too bad Prodigy sucked... good thing I didnt fly out to see it. Who else were the audience feelin?

Aphxtwinin
03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
thats too bad Prodigy sucked... good thing I didnt fly out to see it. Who else were the audience feelin?
Pendelum was great (from Fri)
Roni Size was great (from Fri)
Bloody Beetroots was great (Fri)
Infected Mushroom was great (should have been at night)
Moby tore it up for about 30min
Hybrid was good
Drum and Bass tent was great cuz it had DnB and there are never many people in their so you can chill under the shade during the day. Im sure Planet of the Drums would have been great, I sadly watched The Prodigy instead. The bass was also very weak in DnB not at all like years before.
edit:i also i feel like The Prodigy better fit headlining a main tent like the Sahara not the huge main stage. just my 2cents

landa321
03-29-2009, 10:01 PM
The Prodigy's flight was delayed and they literally landed and went straight from the airport to the stage. There was a chance they weren't going to make it at all.

I don't think a set being late makes it bad, though. If a set is good, it's good no matter how late it is.

gooftroop
03-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Ultra is always a mixed bag for me but this year was my fave ever probably. I just went Saturday and most everyone I saw kicked ass for one reason or another. The live stage was where all the best shows were by far, not in the least because it had the best sound as well as the best talent. Crystal Castles, Cut Copy, The Presets, Boys Noise, Deadmau5, Simian etc all tore it the fuck up. The main stage sound was about as good as the outdoor theater at Coachlla, meaning it was NOWHERE near loud enough which kept the shows from ever really getting to that certain point of awesomeness. I will post a more in depth review of my experience later.

To the person who saw Hercules and Love Affair was it a full band setup or just their DJ? Our group tried to make it but arrived just before the Presets who were fucking awesome.

HunterGather
03-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Black Eyed Peas :D
YTfqtgThUrM

NAq1UUlRtpM

Looks like it was fun

And I wasn't aware Timbaland was there.
Did he do like a DJ set or something?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29059574@N03/3395833385/

EDIT: answered my own question.
5c2crKfUt3w

thelastmejia
03-30-2009, 07:08 AM
WEiy7Wm4N5c

DeadMau5- Sometimes its Whatever

Mabdul Doobakus
03-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Ultra is always a mixed bag for me but this year was my fave ever probably. I just went Saturday and most everyone I saw kicked ass for one reason or another. The live stage was where all the best shows were by far, not in the least because it had the best sound as well as the best talent. Crystal Castles, Cut Copy, The Presets, Boys Noise, Deadmau5, Simian etc all tore it the fuck up. The main stage sound was about as good as the outdoor theater at Coachlla, meaning it was NOWHERE near loud enough which kept the shows from ever really getting to that certain point of awesomeness. I will post a more in depth review of my experience later.

To the person who saw Hercules and Love Affair was it a full band setup or just their DJ? Our group tried to make it but arrived just before the Presets who were fucking awesome.

Just the DJ. You didn't miss anything. The Presets were indeed awesome. I went from having a passing familiarity with them to being a big fan.

sbessiso
03-30-2009, 07:17 AM
NAq1UUlRtpM

I'm not gunna lie. I would've had a BLAST at this :p

trancehiphop
03-30-2009, 05:26 PM

X2! Me and my bro were front row on that stage every since the late of the pier. I had a fucking time of my life and only leads me to belief about how fucking amazing coachella will be! MSTRKRFT and bloodybeetroots stole the show in my eays. I am tired of hearing boys noize spin other peoples music. I've seen him 3 times now the last two thats pretty much all he did. The first time he played much of his own material and mixed it, THAT was epic! This new stuff he has, has been pretty lame in my eyes. I just can't get enough of that bloodybeetroots new single, the crowd usually always blows the roof off everytime that fucking record is played!

leo01g
03-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Ultra was extremely fun. I thought the Prodigy was perfectly fine just a little short the crowd around us was just going nuts!

HunterGather
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
What songs did they do?

rhcpdude13
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
im gay and do acid and live in miami. can i get in for free

thelastmejia
03-31-2009, 12:31 PM
im gay and do acid and live in miami. can i get in for free

No you suck

nicolelmt
03-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow I wish I had gone this year instead of last year, psshhh 11th year looks like it was way better than the big 10th year anniversary. I wonder what they'll pull out next year, anyone have any predictions?

HunterGather
03-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Daft Punk will be there on their next tour (if it is in 2010 or 2011).
Maybe Etienne De Crecy if he's still rocking the cube.

Wheres the beef?
04-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Daft Punk will be there on their next tour (if it is in 2010 or 2011).
Maybe Etienne De Crecy if he's still rocking the cube.

Do you think the DVD will be done by then?

Fourthisto
04-01-2009, 05:06 AM
As promised, here's a link (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourthisto/sets/72157616106710327/) to a whole mess of pictures from the festival. A few of my favorites:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3403348438_cf7f53e8ba.jpg?v=0

The Whip's Lil Fee

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/3403329884_f04dbef991.jpg?v=0

Shiny Toy Guns

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/3402530693_a1c75c6d8a.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3403342030_0dc26583f5.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3439/3403344798_bbd88931bb.jpg?v=0

David Guetta

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3538/3403367404_cd34d18dfc_o.jpg

The Presets

(love this one since you can see the keyboard in his glasses)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/3402560135_e4d356698d.jpg?v=0

(and then the city)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3452/3402564097_f37190b95a.jpg?v=0

(then the stage, and the crowd)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3421/3403373858_00762e5803_b.jpg

Moby, yelling of course. Because he's on stage.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3568/3402571587_c6fd58de88.jpg?v=0

Cut Copy

The dude from Cut Copy is teasing me!! I WAS IN THE POOL!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3573/3403381546_4ac70c5e4f.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3403388822_34c47d0e4e.jpg?v=0

And then Tim from the band decides that since this is their last show of the tour, he should BREAK SOMETHING EXPENSIVE. I love how the way Dan (the lead singer) is looking at him like "Uhhh... dude.... what the hell are you doing?!?!?!"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3402584223_c42e073aca.jpg?v=0

And then tackles him to save the day! :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/3403394088_407cc9de16.jpg?v=0

Armin Van Buuren

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3421/3403399790_99700363ee.jpg?v=0

MSTRKRFT

(someone's about to squeeze the apple!)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3625/3402598469_8e732b867b.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/3403409472_1c96c6d762.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3606/3403412850_380ba22c62.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/3403416328_74552461b0.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/3402609593_7d5095e6a5_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/3402611013_eeeba65667.jpg?v=0

The Prodigy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3403421540_6a11c661c9_o.jpg

Blown up so you can see how evil the Firestarter really is! :eek: :D

Fourthisto
04-01-2009, 05:11 AM
I took some OK quality videos too:

X4V7o44CMKg

95Vv_N4HBHo

xB1Ba1U0_VI

xi2YwfrvNYQ

DpRyNmnibUg

bVxbIuviBXU

gdMIzoAN5OI

Kk5Y48ARvNI

OM-vn1SLNGE

cnRipu5wsvE

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2009, 09:20 AM
DeadMau5 was the jewel of the whole festival.

you obviously don't know SHIT about music if you actually believe this. Swedish House Mafia was honestly the best shit on that line up and i guarantee the best set of the weekend and i wasn't even at Ultra this year.

bleep
04-01-2009, 09:31 AM
And then Tim from the band decides that since this is their last show of the tour, he should BREAK SOMETHING EXPENSIVE. I love how the way Dan (the lead singer) is looking at him like "Uhhh... dude.... what the hell are you doing?!?!?!"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3402584223_c42e073aca.jpg?v=0

And then tackles him to save the day! :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/3403394088_407cc9de16.jpg?v=0

nice story!

thelastmejia
04-01-2009, 10:36 AM
you obviously don't know SHIT about music if you actually believe this. Swedish House Mafia was honestly the best shit on that line up and i guarantee the best set of the weekend and i wasn't even at Ultra this year.

Whatever you say man, you really convinced me there

miseducation
04-01-2009, 10:53 AM

Instinctively, I think you're wrong, even though I've never heard any SHM. But hey I'm open to the possibility that yes, I did miss the best show at UMF.

Conversely, have you ever seen Deadmau5 live? I understand writing him off based on his single work (even though Ghosts N Stuff is the fucking shit) but I really recommend seeing him at as big a massive as you can. He can really pick apart some of the best parts of live electronic music (melt your face distortion, trance-like builds, thumping house beats) and gets the crowd to go fucking nuts for it. Combine it with interesting visuals and it really is a great fucking show.

Recommend something for me from SHM and I promise to actually give it a shot.

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Instinctively, I think you're wrong, even though I've never heard any SHM. But hey I'm open to the possibility that yes, I did miss the best show at UMF.

Conversely, have you ever seen Deadmau5 live? I understand writing him off based on his single work (even though Ghosts N Stuff is the fucking shit) but I really recommend seeing him at as big a massive as you can. He can really pick apart some of the best parts of live electronic music (melt your face distortion, trance-like builds, thumping house beats) and gets the crowd to go fucking nuts for it. Combine it with interesting visuals and it really is a great fucking show.

Recommend something for me from SHM and I promise to actually give it a shot.

i've been at multiple party's that Deadmau5 has spun but have not caught any of is sets. His production isn't the best, although i agree that Ghost N Stuff is a BANGIN! track, and i really have no intention of seeing him live unless he is on at a party when no one else i want to see is. Swedish House Mafia is a DJ Collective of Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso all spinning together switching off and doing all kinds of shit and is just one of the BEST house music acts you could possibly see.

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Whatever you say man, you really convinced me there

i wasn't trying to convince you of anything just telling you that your statement was retarded and you obviously know nothing about EDM.

thelastmejia
04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
i wasn't trying to convince you of anything just telling you that your statement was retarded and you obviously know nothing about EDM.

Well put, I don't know shit about music, and your wealth of knowledge comes from somewhere that may or may not exist but in the end no one really cares about if it does exist. Really I just don't give a fuck what you have to say period. you didn't see him there, you have no frame of reference that has anything to do with Ultra and you didn't even see Deadmau5 anywhere else.My retarded statement on the other hand was made after seeing a shit load of EDM acts that day and having the best fucking time possible during Deadmau5. Some people might call that experience. So go fuck yourself and your pretentious I know more about music than thou bullshit and get a fucking life instead of trying influence mine. Have a nice day.

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Well put, I don't know shit about music, and your wealth of knowledge comes from somewhere that may or may not exist but in the end no one really cares about if it does exist. Really I just don't give a fuck what you have to say period. you didn't see him there, you have no frame of reference that has anything to do with Ultra and you didn't even see Deadmau5 anywhere else.My retarded statement on the other hand was made after seeing a shit load of EDM acts that day and having the best fucking time possible during Deadmau5. Some people might call that experience. So go fuck yourself and your pretentious I know more about music than thou bullshit and get a fucking life instead of trying influence mine. Have a nice day.

if you were 100% sober for Deadmau5 i would take what you are saying serious, which you might have been, but since you were most likely rolling a long fart getting progressivly louder would have sounded amazing.

thelastmejia
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
if you were 100% sober for Deadmau5 i would take what you are saying serious, which you might have been, but since you were most likely rolling a long fart getting progressivly louder would have sounded amazing.

Man, you are lame

trancehiphop
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM

Please just jump in front of my vehicle when I am exiting off the freeway while on my way to coachella, where me as well as others will be having fun. So that way I can put a tally mark on my vehicle, since it would be resonsible for killing a retard that thinks he is the "know all" of music. Music is what you make out of it and how it makes YOU feel. It isn't debatable, it's something that is enjoyed by the masses, the few, and those far in between. It's just a shame that there are always assholes out there thinking they know more than someone else or their opinion matters, when in reality. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY OR THINK.

Distorted_Jungle
04-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Please just jump in front of my vehicle when I am exiting off the freeway while on my way to coachella, where me as well as others will be having fun. So that way I can put a tally mark on my vehicle, since it would be resonsible for killing a retard that thinks he is the "know all" of music. Music is what you make out of it and how it makes YOU feel. It isn't debatable, it's something that is enjoyed by the masses, the few, and those far in between. It's just a shame that there are always assholes out there thinking they know more than someone else or their opinion matters, when in reality. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY OR THINK.

You are on a public forum which is ment for people to voice opinions on topics and other people's opinions on those topics, so all i am doing is voicing my opinion that Deadmau5 is an over rated average DJ and producer who doesn't deserve the credit he gets. I am also voicing my opinion on his comment that Deadmau5 was the "jewel of Ultra", which in my opinion is a dumb statement when looking at the amount of dj's on it that are better than him in every way possible. If your are lucky you might hit me with your car though, good luck and god speed!

thelastmejia
04-02-2009, 04:44 AM
You are on a public forum which is ment for people to voice opinions on topics and other people's opinions on those topics, so all i am doing is voicing my opinion that Deadmau5 is an over rated average DJ and producer who doesn't deserve the credit he gets. I am also voicing my opinion on his comment that Deadmau5 was the "jewel of Ultra", which in my opinion is a dumb statement when looking at the amount of dj's on it that are better than him in every way possible. If your are lucky you might hit me with your car though, good luck and god speed!

Bottom line, you didn't go to Ultra, you've never been to Ultra, you weren't there at Ultra so your opinion carries no weight, all your doing is going on this board and trying to make me look stupid because your an inexperienced asshole trying to get his shit noticed because you think your opinions are worthwhile. Get a fucking life, how are you even going to say what was better at a festival when you didn't go. your precious SHM could have fucked up their set and played a piss poor performance, but you wouldn't know because you weren't there. Before you qualify something you must experience it. You didn't and your still running your mouth about shit you don't know about. have a nice life im not gonna bother anymore with someone just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.

Distorted_Jungle
04-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Bottom line, you didn't go to Ultra, you've never been to Ultra, you weren't there at Ultra so your opinion carries no weight, all your doing is going on this board and trying to make me look stupid because your an inexperienced asshole trying to get his shit noticed because you think your opinions are worthwhile. Get a fucking life, how are you even going to say what was better at a festival when you didn't go. your precious SHM could have fucked up their set and played a piss poor performance, but you wouldn't know because you weren't there. Before you qualify something you must experience it. You didn't and your still running your mouth about shit you don't know about. have a nice life im not gonna bother anymore with someone just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.

correction i have been to ultra in 2007 and 2008 so i have experience with the festival. My "precious" Swedish House Mafia didn't fuck up there set i have seen clips, and if you don't know who Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Axwell are you are just proving my point even more that you don't know shit because those are 3 of the worlds biggest and best House DJ's.

Mabdul Doobakus
04-02-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm having trouble deciding if you're trolling or just that obnoxious. I heard zero buzz about Swedish House Mafia this past week, so it couldn't have been that amazing. I didn't see either act, so I couldn't possibly say who was better. Of course, you also didn't see either act, but that hasn't stopped you from pontificating like a pretentious douchebag. I think there are 3 possibilities here:

1. You're trolling.
2. You or someone you know is a member of the Swedish House Mafia.
3. Deadmau5 ran over your cat.

Distorted_Jungle
04-02-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm having trouble deciding if you're trolling or just that obnoxious. I heard zero buzz about Swedish House Mafia this past week, so it couldn't have been that amazing. I didn't see either act, so I couldn't possibly say who was better. Of course, you also didn't see either act, but that hasn't stopped you from pontificating like a pretentious douchebag. I think there are 3 possibilities here:

1. You're trolling.
2. You or someone you know is a member of the Swedish House Mafia.
3. Deadmau5 ran over your cat.

I would go with option 3, it was a heartbreaking situation and i will never be able to forget it. Just to clarify though i am just saying that they were one of the better acts then him. Here is a list of people i have seen that would have been better.

Bassbin Twins
Freestylers
Andy C
Roni Size
Chase & Status
Fedde Le Grand
David Guetta
Steve Lawler
Benny Benassi

thelastmejia
04-02-2009, 08:14 AM
I would go with option 3, it was a heartbreaking situation and i will never be able to forget it. Just to clarify though i am just saying that they were one of the better acts then him. Here is a list of people i have seen that would have been better.

Bassbin Twins
Freestylers
Andy C
Roni Size
Chase & Status
Fedde Le Grand
David Guetta
Steve Lawler
Benny Benassi

I hate you soooo much. You're a god damn troll. ONCE AGAIN. YOU WERE NOT THERE YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOUR JUST IMAGINING YOUR FAVORITE PEOPLE ON STAGE AND SAYING THAT WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER. AND I SAW FEDDE LE GRAND FOR A BIT AND LEFT BECAUSE IT WASN"T THAT GOOD IT WAS SO BORING I WANDERED AROUND RATHER THAN LISTEN TO HIM.

Distorted_Jungle
04-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I hate you soooo much. You're a god damn troll. ONCE AGAIN. YOU WERE NOT THERE YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE YOUR JUST IMAGINING YOUR FAVORITE PEOPLE ON STAGE AND SAYING THAT WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER. AND I SAW FEDDE LE GRAND FOR A BIT AND LEFT BECAUSE IT WASN"T THAT GOOD IT WAS SO BORING I WANDERED AROUND RATHER THAN LISTEN TO HIM.

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_files_troll_2.jpg

i have seen all the people i mentioned so it's not all in my imagination. i am trying to figure out why my opinion is angering you so much, i mean you hate me because i think you are wrong thats pretty funny when you think about it. We have different taste in what we consider good music and i have fun insulting you beause i get a reaction and i voice my opinions like an asshole. Lighten up man it's just a message board.

Distorted_Jungle
04-02-2009, 08:52 AM
and i feel your pain you live in Tampa where there is a lack of anything quality in music, i have lived there i know, you have to drive an hour to orlando to see anything good. Benny Benassi and Adam Freeland spun at green iguana in Tampa, but those are some of the only quality shit to hit Tampa because they don't have a big electronic music crowd in that city.

HEADSTRUCK
04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
i've been at multiple party's that Deadmau5 has spun but have not caught any of is sets. His production isn't the best,

dont bother, I have seen him 2 times this year and wont ever waste my time again. Very boring and not moving at all.

HEADSTRUCK
04-02-2009, 11:07 AM

thats pretty much exactly what deadmau5 sounds like live......

with a long fart you normally get a explosion of poop but with deadmau5 you never get any explosion

HunterGather
04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
This thread has jumped the shark.

HEADSTRUCK
04-02-2009, 02:07 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3029/3011967298_b8ea4269d3_o.png

trancehiphop
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Weather or not you like Deadmau5 or not, he kicked ass at ultra, especially after having to follow such a face melting performance by mstrkrft. I was speechless since deadmau5 was able to make that night that much more special.

thelastmejia
04-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Weather or not you like Deadmau5 or not, he kicked ass at ultra, especially after having to follow such a face melting performance by mstrkrft. I was speechless since deadmau5 was able to make that night that much more special.

Agreed

HEADSTRUCK
04-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Weather or not you like Deadmau5 or not, he kicked ass at ultra,

not true cause if you dont like him he wouldnt have kicked ass. people say he was great at hard and he was so boring that people (besides just me) left and went to watch something else. Thats kinda like saying just cause PVD can match beats his set would be great.

Sexecutioner
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
not sure if this has been posted, but for all the people who went to WMC: http://www.newmixes.com/tag/wmc