PDA

View Full Version : WHOS GOING TO SHOW ME A GOOD TIME?!?!

Patsonhisway
02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
OK, I have been perusing the forum and noticed a severe lack of enthusiasm towards drinking, laughing and well, being ‘festive’.

Despite the thorough bag searches, roped off drinking areas and what I hear can be a “sanitised atmosphere” – Alex Needham (Guardian) I’m sure it will be worth trekking half way around the world so long as there are people out there up for having a good time and getting loose.

So who’s gonna keep up the festival traditions of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll and not whinge about underage drinking, mentioning illicit substance or make any other comment specifically designed to subdue the party?!?!

SFChrissy
02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
The whole freaking venue...

bug on your lip
02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
So who’s gonna keep up the festival traditions of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll and not whinge about underage drinking, mentioning illicit substance or make any other comment specifically designed to subdue the party?!?!

PassiveTheory

J~$$$
02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/rachdowgg/6635image_2384.gif

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 12:48 PM
This thread is disgusting - it's sexist, it's evil, it's just plain sinful. That's right, I said it.

tessalasset
02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
it's racist too.

TomAz
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
how is it sexist or racist?

I mean yeah it's an incredibly stupid post. but I don't see any sexism. or racism. please point it out to me and make me a better person. srsly

amyzzz
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
There's that "whinge" word again. Does that mean you're Australian?

Courtney
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
J~$$$ that image is going to give me nightmares.

Patsonhisway
02-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Well it looks like this thread has turned into the exact reason I posted it. Now that, my ignorant friends is irony.

Thanks SFChrissy for the positive comment.

And TomAz, I guess intellect does not come with age. Look up sarcasm before you ask any more stupid questions.

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Did it ever occur to you that this thread went that way because you predicted it?

You calling us ignorant = irony.

TomAz
02-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I shit more brain cells in a day than you have collected in your inbred noggin.

full on idle
02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
hey-oh.

Patsonhisway
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah look I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I’m new to the world of Internet forums. I didn’t realize how many people are out there; cock in one hand, keyboard in the other Just waiting for that power rush you get from criticising some other random from behind your little screen.

I had a taste of that power my self and could have easily become addicted. So, I must now relinquish my computer and head out to the real world where I may actually encounter the kind of people my original comment was aimed at.

Again sorry for wasting your time. I hope we can still enjoy Coachella.

full on idle
02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
With that, Pat was on his way.

TomAz
02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
need a tissue, Pat?

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Dammit! I was actually going to show him a good time.

TomAz
02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I think you already did. maybe he just doesn't last long?

CuervoPH
02-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I try to show people okay times at first. Then when I'm sure they can handle a good time, we progress to that, and maybe if they're one of the few, proud souls that can handle a great time, we get that far.

back4more
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah look I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I’m new to the world of Internet forums. I didn’t realize how many people are out there; cock in one hand, keyboard in the other Just waiting for that power rush you get from criticising some other random from behind your little screen.

I had a taste of that power my self and could have easily become addicted. So, I must now relinquish my computer and head out to the real world where I may actually encounter the kind of people my original comment was aimed at.

Again sorry for wasting your time. I hope we can still enjoy Coachella.

Ha, ha. Good one Pat. What a bunch of wankers ay? Most of them probably still live with their parents as well.

Don't worry about it, Coachella will be great. Most people are nice and chilled. Only a tiny minority of dickheads, but they seem to be quite vocal on this forum.

Yablonowitz
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
how is it sexist or racist?

I mean yeah it's an incredibly stupid post. but I don't see any sexism. or racism. please point it out to me and make me a better person. srsly

Did you really ask that in earnest?

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Ha, ha. Good one Pat. What a bunch of wankers ay? Most of them probably still live with their parents as well.

Don't worry about it, Coachella will be great. Most people are nice and chilled. Only a tiny minority of dickheads, but they seem to be quite vocal on this forum.

Is sarcasm - which Pat mysteriously chided Tom for misunderstanding at exactly the same time that Pat himself was running a clinic on not understanding sarcasm - illegal in Australia? Seriously, what are you whinging about? Have you never read any kind of unserious discourse - make that OBVIOUSLY unserious discourse - before in your life?

jackstraw94086
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Well it looks like this thread has turned into the exact reason I posted it. Now that, my ignorant friends is irony.

If this is exactly what you expected then that's not irony.

Yablonowitz
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
$10 fuckee fuckee. Show you good time.

Yablonowitz
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
If this is exactly what you expected then that's not irony.

He was being ironic. By being sincere. It's hard to explain.

ocpathfinder
02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/ocpathfinder/VICL-62143GOODTIMEYUKNOW.jpg

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Pat was right on about one thing though - I never post on here without my cock in my hand.

Mad_Matt
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Schoolofruckus?? Um.... Do you mean Jenniehoo's cock?

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
You've really got sand in your vagina over that one, don't you?

back4more
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Is sarcasm - which Pat mysteriously chided Tom for misunderstanding at exactly the same time that Pat himself was running a clinic on not understanding sarcasm - illegal in Australia? Seriously, what are you whinging about? Have you never read any kind of unserious discourse - make that OBVIOUSLY unserious discourse - before in your life?

Where do you see me whinging in that post?

I don't have anything against sarcasm. Quite the opposite. It can be very entertaining if used in a witty and light hearted way, as it generally has been by most of my fellow UK posters. If you can be funny and sarcastic then people will see it for what it is and have a laugh with you, but if you are desperately unfunny, like the above posters, then you just come across as being a mean spirited prick. Here endeth the lesson.

Yablonowitz
02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd like to point out for the record, madam speaker, that the first spurt of nationalism on this board came from the United Kingdom, not the United States.

vinylmartyr
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
This board has been over run with foreigners this year.

All That I Am
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
WHOS GOING TO SHOW ME A GOOD TIME?!?!

Yer Mudder!

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Where do you see me whinging in that post?

I don't have anything against sarcasm. Quite the opposite. It can be very entertaining if used in a witty and light hearted way, as it generally has been by most of my fellow UK posters. If you can be funny and sarcastic then people will see it for what it is and have a laugh with you, but if you are desperately unfunny, like the above posters, then you just come across as being a mean spirited prick. Here endeth the lesson.

Where do I see you whinging? All over the place, you pretentious, hypocritical little cliche. Try to stay with me: some cheesy bastard comes on here bitching about the man keeping him down, and a few of us make comments that have a clear, knowing tone of humor. I called it "sexist" and Tessa called it "racist"; lame though it may be, I have to pull the "here's your sign" card. Your boy flips out that his beyond-quaint pleas for "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" are not met with groupieish fawning, and peaces out. Then you come along, see that he's UK and we're American, automatically assume all of us to be in the wrong, and call us "wankers" and "dickheads". Meanwhile, like the dude who you so blindly defend, you are also an unbelievable moron who fails to recognize blatant joking the fuck around. I know that they have computers and humour in other parts of the world, because plenty of people on these boards who are not American-born exhibit proficiency in both. So let's leave the patriotism out of it and leave it at the fact that you, back4more, have shiite for brains. It's a damn shame that you don't find any of us funny, but just because our humour goes over your head doesn't make us mean-spirited pricks.

Now go get your fucking shinebox.

back4more
02-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Where do I see you whinging? All over the place, you pretentious, hypocritical little cliche. Try to stay with me: some cheesy bastard comes on here bitching about the man keeping him down, and a few of us make comments that have a clear, knowing tone of humor. I called it "sexist" and Tessa called it "racist"; lame though it may be, I have to pull the "here's your sign" card. Your boy flips out that his beyond-quaint pleas for "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" are not met with groupieish fawning, and peaces out. Then you come along, see that he's UK and we're American, automatically assume all of us to be in the wrong, and call us "wankers" and "dickheads". Meanwhile, like the dude who you so blindly defend, you are also an unbelievable moron who fails to recognize blatant joking the fuck around. I know that they have computers and humour in other parts of the world, because plenty of people on these boards who are not American-born exhibit proficiency in both. So let's leave the patriotism out of it and leave it at the fact that you, back4more, have shiite for brains. It's a damn shame that you don't find any of us funny, but just because our humour goes over your head doesn't make us mean-spirited pricks.

Now go get your fucking shinebox.

He was Australian actually. And for the record, I was not being patriotic or nationalistic or what ever. I am a man of the world. I visit America two or three times a year so I am well aware that there are plenty of humourous people there. I actually met quite a few at Coachella last year as well. Pity there's the odd obnoxious tosser like yourself to let the side down.

As for your "humour" going over my head, it's not exactly high brow stuff is it? I work as a magazine editor as well, so as for having shite for brains, I don't think so.

You sound like you've got a bit of pent-up frustration that you need to let out. Maybe if you didn't spend your whole life on your fucking computer you might actually get some loving. Then again, with that personality, probably not.

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 10:52 PM
As for your "humour" going over my head, it's not exactly high brow stuff is it?

Not exactly, but then again, it doesn't seem to need to be.

Maybe if you didn't spend your whole life on your fucking computer you might actually get some loving.

On a side note, these two things actually go hand in hand in my life, and not in the way that you would expect.

full on idle
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
hard roffles

schoolofruckus
02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
You really want to roffle? Read back4more's retorts to me while envisioning Groundskeeper Willie shaking his fist at you, a la the avatar.

kingdumb
02-07-2007, 11:02 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/rachdowgg/6635image_2384.gif

hahahaha its jello man

cityzun
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
it just looks so unnatural!

Yablonowitz
02-08-2007, 07:12 AM
You sound like you've got a bit of pent-up frustration that you need to let out.

You'll have to forgive my man. He's recently been dealt a huge blow to his ego and worldview in the Ultimate Animal Rivalry thread. He's a'ite...just give him some space. The brother needs to breathe. He's also a smoker, so you'll have to give him extra time. Smokers are testy bastards.

Oh yeah...he has really bad overall taste in music - likes that Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Slint garbage. It takes a toll on him (and us) mentally. Oh yeah, and he's also had to watch Peyton Manning win a Super Bowl and get an undeserved MVP award. Been a rough one for him. The poor shit for brains will come around at some point. He may even offer oral gratification come Coachella time. He's good at that, take my word for it. He knows the penis as much as he thinks he knows the movies.

schoolofruckus
02-08-2007, 07:48 AM
You bastard.

A. I've got the bear team right where I want them.
B. I quit smoking on New Year's Day and haven't so much as craved a cigarette since then.
C. You're telling me that Sigur Ros is more unsettling than Daft Punk?
D. I won $200 off of Peyton Manning; he can keep the Super Bowl trophy warm until Cutler blows him out of the water next year. By the way, who are you guys taking 1st overall?
E. I only knob Americans.

york707
02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Maybe if you didn't spend your whole life on your fucking computer you might actually get some loving.

Waiting for jack's reply...

TomAz
02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
lest we lose perspective here, keep in mind that Pat's original post was basically him looking for someone to give him drugs and sleep with him.

Yablonowitz
02-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Which seems tailored specifically for you, tom.

RienOneTexas
02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Pat started this thread, assumingly, to find people who enjoy rocking out, getting buzzed, and enjoy the act of coitus. I say... FUCK YEAH!!! I am all about having the time of my life and letting everything else go for a few days. I'm gettin' ROCKED, FUCKED, and FUCKED!!! Too many F bombs?!

TomAz
02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
the problem is, when you post something like that, you come across as a person who hasn't gotten laid in a while. a long while.

bug on your lip
02-08-2007, 09:22 AM
today should be the Interantional "Here endeth the lesson." Day

RienOneTexas
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
oh well... i think maybe we need to not worry so much about how deviant and threatening someone is, and more about rocking out and having a good time, which in my opinion, this was a "bang your head"ish attempt to call out everyone who is gonna party! I dont think it's all so bad. Especially in the US, where we have freedoms like speech and choice! At least for now... Let's not deflate our freedoms over such a free spirited festival. Peace, Love and Chicken Grease.............PEEECE!

caco0283
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
ah man so much to add, but i dont know where to begin...i miss you guys

kimery08
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
the problem is, when you post something like that, you come across as a person who hasn't gotten laid in a while. a long while.

so help a brotha out.

schoolofruckus
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM
oh well... i think maybe we need to not worry so much about how deviant and threatening someone is, and more about rocking out and having a good time, which in my opinion, this was a "bang your head"ish attempt to call out everyone who is gonna party! I dont think it's all so bad. Especially in the US, where we have freedoms like speech and choice! At least for now... Let's not deflate our freedoms over such a free spirited festival. Peace, Love and Chicken Grease.............PEEECE!

That's still not it, though. Honestly, let's throw out what the guy said entirely, because if you've been to these boards for more than five minutes at a time, you know that the subjects of the conversations are often irrelevant.

The original guy said something. A few of us responded sarcastically. That guy didn't get the joke, and left. Then this other guy jumped in and called us names, while pulling the "my fellow UK posters are funny, and you are not, so that means you're a stupid American, you stupid American" card. That's where I got pissed off.

In summation, nobody was saying anything bad about sex, drugs, rock, or roll. It was just a woefully misunderstood joke, and I think the human race has suffered immensely just for me having to clarify all of that.

J~$$$
02-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Im going to make sexy time with each and everyone of you.

kimery08
02-08-2007, 10:36 AM
we're gonna hold you to it.

TomAz
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Here endeth the lesson.

Yablonowitz
02-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Is this irony?