PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Trick Loves The Kids
05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
THAT OTTER IS DOPE

Cancersticks1
05-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm skipping out on seeing M83 for free tonight because it conflicts with Lost. Seriously, that's like playing against Prince.

thestripe
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm skipping out on seeing M83 for free tonight because it conflicts with Lost. Seriously, that's like playing against Prince.

That's hardcore.

Tylerdurden31
05-29-2008, 10:54 AM

you should get a DVR. srsly

Cancersticks1
05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
you should get a DVR. srsly

Oh I could watch it later if I wanted. But I'd just be thinking about Lost during the show.

chairmenmeow47
05-29-2008, 11:15 AM

you fucking rule :thu

Cancersticks1
05-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Oddly enough, I think the only thing thats managed to make me miss a new episode of Lost in recent history was Coachella, i.e. playing against Prince.

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Rule #3 STFU or I will cut you LOST IS ON!

awesome.

fuck, tonight cant get here quick enough. being hungover at work sucks. the thought of lost is the only thing keeping me going...

Blinken
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Lost is really getting me through the day, there is nothing to do at work today. I almost read the spoilers last week but they were taken down, thank god.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
GET INSIDE THE HOUSE

Cancersticks1
05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
hmm, interesting... If you play the numerical letter value game with the words "DHARMA" and "INITIATIVE" their respective worths come to 6 and 1, 6 +1=7 or F+A=G. I totally get Alpert now.

chairmenmeow47
05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
F+A=G. I totally get Alpert now.

:rotfl

and "GET INSIDE THE HOUSE" never gets old, i laugh EVERY TIME.

Young blood
05-29-2008, 02:21 PM
GET INSIDE THE HOUSE

Plz make a shirt with a screenshot of the guy catchn a football bullet with the words

GET IN THE HOUSE!

and ill totally buy it.

5 hrs!

Cancersticks1
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM
http://images35.fotki.com/v1197/photos/2/258826/1994435/poster61213791-vi.jpg

Trick Loves The Kids
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
aww yeah let's get this motherfucker started.

ghettojournalist
05-29-2008, 04:28 PM
remember they are re-airing the first part with some additional footage before the 2-hour finale.

thestripe
05-29-2008, 07:07 PM
holyfuckingshit

I can't wait to talk about this in the morning.

Cancersticks1
05-29-2008, 07:08 PM
shit... best lost ever? best lost ever.

Tylerdurden31
05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
shit... best lost ever? best lost ever.

best lost ever.

you west coasters need to hurry up and finish watching already...oh wait...hasn't started yet. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD

Young blood
05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
W.T.F.!!!!!????

Also did you see the new arg commercial?

http://octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

Tylerdurden31
05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
W.T.F.!!!!!????

Also did you see the new arg commercial?

http://octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

yeah...recruiting is the same weekend as Comic-Con which, dah da dah, takes place in San Diego....

where's my box? ;)

Young blood
05-29-2008, 08:07 PM
IM LAZY! JUSTIN LAZY B. It will be there soon. Hopefully before next season of Lost.

COMIC CON!

Young blood
05-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Can we discuss this eps. and say fuck west coasters?

Young blood
05-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Im going to have to watch this episode over like 3 more times.

Tylerdurden31
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
alls i'm gonna say is...i wasn't that surprised. I still loved every minute of it

Young blood
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I was surprised at a few things ben and the wheel and Hurley's chess game. Ben and what hes says to locke after the whole keamy thing. The Sun scene pulled on my heart strings.

Best episode so far.

sddoctor
05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Can we discuss this eps. and say fuck west coasters?

Yes, because they should be watching the episode and not on the board.

So, the next two seasons will be the gang trying to get back? What does Ben have up his sleeve....he always does have something up his sleeve.

Where does Claire fit into all of this?

Hurley and the ghosts! Mr. Echo!

The ice chamber wheel!

What did Daniel know? Why does he know? Same goes for his two buddies from the freighter.

Desmond has to be my favorite character.

Tylerdurden31
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm actually worried that the show will jump the shark next season. The deal with the island is gonna be very tricky to handle correctly.

psychic friend
05-29-2008, 09:49 PM
OMG its penny. im not reading any previous posts because i dont want spoilers but OMG PENNY

psychic friend
crying

psychic friend
alls i'm gonna say is...i wasn't that surprised. I still loved every minute of it

shush

chairmenmeow47
05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!

i cried.

seriously. in front of her, and she could do nothing.

i'll have more to say tomorrow. awesome episode.

oh, and "you can go now" :rotfl

ghettojournalist
05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
when you enter your e-mail info, it says thanks and see you in San Diego.

fikus222
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Come on now, you can't trust LOST until they spell it out to you...there is NO confirmation that Jin is dead.

Mr. Echo ? Nice.

Ben and the wheel was cool, it was like he was weighing anchor on the island.

Jeremy Bentham is baldy ?!?!?!?! WTF. He said that things on the Island got worse once the 8 of them left, weird.

So Sun is going to be a problem next season.

Kate is starting to p!ss me off again.

When does next season air ?

Where is the Zodiac ?

Good episode overall.

Blinken
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I jumped up for Joy when Desmond found Penny, that was so good. Fuck Jin is dead(Maybe not?) I think i need to watch it again there was so much shit that happened.

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 10:18 PM
holy shit that was nuts! the boat exploding scene was intense! poor sun. :(

GOUGE AWAY!

ghettojournalist
05-29-2008, 10:22 PM
i think only next season will deal with the crew getting back to the island.
with an importance on how Bentham met the 6 and ended up in the coffin.

i hope Jin and Faraday are all right.

i can't wait to read what the rest of y'all have to say.

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 10:29 PM
yea, i really want to know what happens to everybody that was left behind, both on the boat and the island. im guessing boat people are dead, but ya never know.

and how are they going to get kate to bring aaron back after what claire said to her.

and wtf, walt is back in the mix! how awkward was that convo with hurley and walt?? and why does walt look like 10 years older than before?

ghettojournalist
05-29-2008, 10:40 PM
i'm so glad they brought Walt back. they built him up as being so important in the beginning and then let him go for a bit. it's nice to see him with Hurley again, but, yeah, Walt was kind of disappointed with everyone besides Bentham.

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 10:47 PM
and did anybody else feel really sorry for ben as he was turning that wheel, knowing he could never return to the island which he had dedicated almost his whole life to...poor guy, i was sad for him. although, at the end it seemed like maybe he would go back after all...

chairmenmeow47
05-29-2008, 10:58 PM
so why doesn't claire want aaron back, but ben seems to think it's a good idea?

what are sun's plans for whidmore?

why is walt still going by the name of walt?

how did locke get off the island?

where is the island?

will ben ever get back?

why aren't there any working orientation videos?

what happened to faraday and the crew on the raft?

what did myles mean by "trying to get back here" when he was talking to charlotte?

what did sawyer say to kate?

why eko?

who did sayid kill?

what happens to lapidus?

do desmond and penny live happily ever after?

why does everyone insist on calling him "jeremy beltham" or whatever?

and most importantly, does anyone else think walt looks like a jackson?! LOL

ghettojournalist
05-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Widmore spies, silly. Jeremy Bentham it is.

which Jackson would you say?

Claire is a flippin' idiot who doesn't know who to follow. did she ever get her memory back? she needs to remember that dream where Locke told her that she shirked her responsibility by giving Aaron up and messed things up for everyone else.

Boourns
05-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Poor Sun :( :(

So Lex Luthor went by the name of another philosopher and died...whoa. So I wonder why he had to leave the island. How much worse could have things gotten?

fikus222
05-30-2008, 01:48 AM
so why doesn't claire want aaron back, but ben seems to think it's a good idea?

what are sun's plans for whidmore?

why is walt still going by the name of walt?

how did locke get off the island?

where is the island?

will ben ever get back?

why aren't there any working orientation videos?

what happened to faraday and the crew on the raft?

what did myles mean by "trying to get back here" when he was talking to charlotte?

what did sawyer say to kate?

why eko?

who did sayid kill?

what happens to lapidus?

do desmond and penny live happily ever after?

why does everyone insist on calling him "jeremy beltham" or whatever?

and most importantly, does anyone else think walt looks like a jackson?! LOL

Here is my 2 cents:

Aaron might have to be sacrificed in some way or at the least undergo some extreme trials and tribulations. Mayhap he is the future Ben or Locke.

Sun is going to complicate things, as she will probably be on her own agenda rather than the Island's. She and Whidmore are going to find the Island together.

Walt is still under the radar living with his Gma and is therefore able to go by 'Walt' with relative impunity.

Locke probably got off the Island due to the Other's mainland connections.

I wonder if the Island will continue to be in the Pacific, probably, since it is the largest body of water in the world.

I bet Ben gets back to the Island.

I totally noticed that video thing too :)

Faraday better be using that Zodiac to pick up Jin and the rest of the boat's survivors. And then what, I dunno.

Charlotte was born or at least conceived on the Island. This is probably why she was introduced iding the polar bear's dharma tags.

Sawyer gave Kate that task to do, which is where she was when Jack was waiting on her and then got in that fight in front of Aaron when she got back. Maybe something to do with Sawyer's daughter or the girl's mother.

Eko definitely puts a new spin on things, maybe he will be in spirit form next season.

Sayid killed some Whidmore or Abbadon underling.

I'm sure Lapidus will be around next season.

Desmond is going to have to fend off Ben and Whidmore so that he and Penny can have a life together.

Jeremy Bentham is probably some alias similar to how Ben uses all of the diff passports and stuff.

During those '3' years off of the Island Walt sure did sprout.

thestripe
05-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Best lines

Ben: So?

Hurley: Checkmate Mr. Echo.

I love how Jack has hit rock bottom. I want to see the interaction between Jeremy Betham and Jack. There has to be more to the conversation between the two that makes Jack want to go back so badly.

How the hell did Ben get off the island? Can he really not go back? Did he have Locke killed?

Also, does "everybody" include Walt?

Why does Sun blame Jack for Jins death?

The flash backs to Locke as the new leader are going to be amazing.

How the hell does Sawyer get off the island? I'm assuming that he is off at one point because Kate mentions somebody coming over to the house (or maybe this could be Jeremy), and then tells Jack she promised Sawyer something (last episode). We saw the promise last night before he jumped.

Cancersticks1
05-30-2008, 06:48 AM
I loved how The Others actually got to act like Others again when they took out Keamy's men, complete with the creepy whispering in the woods bit. We haven't seen them in that role for a while now.

bug on your lip
05-30-2008, 07:00 AM
effin loved:

1) "you can go now"... then KABOOm.... creeped me out
2) GOUGE AWAY... i can't be the only one who scream along with it immediately
3) island disappearing and leaving a huge ripple... loved that

Young blood
05-30-2008, 07:43 AM
I agree with ever one on the whole walt/hurley scene it was sad.

Christian telling Michael that he can go is very similar to miles telling (possibly walt) "he can go now "when he visits his grandmas house.

Ben is such an evil bastard I love it. He is still using everyone including Locke and possibly killing him to get himself back to the island. If Locke is dead the others fucked him over.

I think they will be able to explain the whole island moving thing. The ghosts/spirits maybe a bit more difficult.

I want help with the explication of the hatches one hatch you the numbers is used and the same phenomenon happens when you fuck with the orchid station. So was the first station that exploded just there to hide the island and keep it on a time loop?

I will be so pissed if the pilot eps. basically the first eps. is the last eps. and the are in a constant time loop to protect the island. I dont think it will be but ill cut a writer if it's so.

"GOUGE AWAY... i can't be the only one who scream along with it immediately"

We must have been sining duet but in different places.....ccreepy.

Tylerdurden31
05-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Also, does "everybody" include Walt?

I hope so...i think it'll make for some good interaction

Why does Sun blame Jack for Jins death?

Jack kept saying "we can't go back" and "he's gone" and wouldn't let lepidus land to get Jin

thestripe
05-30-2008, 07:47 AM
but the thing was already blown up. Sun needs to find out about Ben shanking Keamy, cause Jack is always getting shit on.

Young blood
05-30-2008, 07:49 AM
oh and keamy dude was a little to loyal to widmore. My last words would have been sumthin like suck my dick, or im going to haunt you for ever, or i laughed when I killed your daughter something more bad ass

captncrzy
05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I"m dying to come in here and read this thread, but I went out last night so I had to TiVo the show. I know who's in the coffin because I was at a friend's house and she had it on so I saw the last scene, but that's all I know. UGH damn work. I'm dying to watch it.

Young blood
05-30-2008, 07:53 AM
but the thing was already blown up. Sun needs to find out about Ben shanking Keamy, cause Jack is always getting shit on.

Was there any mention of locke visiting sun?

Young blood
05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
fight scene keamy/sayid = awesome.

thestripe
05-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Was there any mention of locke visiting sun?

Not that I remember, but that would make sense. Maybe Locke told Sun that the explosion could have been avoided if Jack would have just listened to him.

fight scene keamy/sayid = awesome.

No shit. Keamy is a little too tough tho. Beat, stabbed, shot, then gets up and still goes after Ben and Locke, stabbed again, dies. Keamy is hardcore.

Young blood
05-30-2008, 08:11 AM
When ben landed in the desert in the previous eps. how far in to the future did he go?

Also was the freighter and keamy a parallel of the losties and the island? Such as if keamy dies the freighter goes along with everyone on it. If the losties die off the island the island ceases to exist. If the island ceases to exist then so does the world? Or something along those lines?

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 08:19 AM
while i don't think sun is happy with jack, she was on the helicopter too, she had to feel the explosion shudder the helicopter, even from where they were. deep down, she has to know why everyone did what they did to get off the boat.

i'd think she'd blame widmore over jack since it was widmore's boat that exploded. i'm sure she's got plans for him...

fikus, excellent answers! i've definitely got some theories myself. i just find it hard to believe walt would live with his grandma and still go by that name. his name would have been on the manifest of the plane, correct? the grandma would have mourned him after the plane crashed, correct? so if he's going to be hiding with his grandma, you'd think they'd at least change the name. it just seems odd to me.

i re-watched before bed and i like that hurley asks why they all call locke "bentham", doesn't make sense.

did anyone else laugh when lapidus said "i'd be happier if we were a few hundred pounds lighter" and the camera shot to hurley, LOL, poor guy...

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
When ben landed in the desert in the previous eps. how far in to the future did he go?

Also was the freighter and keamy a parallel of the losties and the island? Such as if keamy dies the freighter goes along with everyone on it. If the losties die off the island the island ceases to exist. If the island ceases to exist then so does the world? Or something along those lines?

he landed in october, 2005 i believe. so about 10 months into the future.

and would the island let the losties die off the island if it knew it would die without them though?

Young blood
05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
and would the island let the losties die off the island if it knew it would die without them though?

Thats where i think the ones that have done their service to island are allowed to die. Like Locke maybe. I don't know.

Just read this from the ew....
''Goodbye, John,'' says Ben. ''Sorry I made your life so miserable.'' That's pretty provocative wording for all of you who've speculated that Ben and his minions have been using the Dharma time machine to meddle with Locke life since the beginning.

Jesus! and is ben just using everyone to get to penny?

so many questions.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Thats where i think the ones that have done their service to island are allowed to die. Like Locke maybe. I don't know.

Just read this from the ew....
''Goodbye, John,'' says Ben. ''Sorry I made your life so miserable.'' That's pretty provocative wording for all of you who've speculated that Ben and his minions have been using the Dharma time machine to meddle with Locke life since the beginning.

wow, good find.

sddoctor
05-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I say Jin was able to get off the boat before it exploded.

Daniel and the Zodiac, and presumably Jin, all vanished with the island. Jack mentioned landing the heli on the smaller island, but it too had disappeared, so the surrounding waters had to have left with the island.

I say the reason Sun teams up with Widmore is to get Jin back, presumably after Jeremy Bentham (aka Locke) tells her Jin is still alive. She can't trust Ben, and Widmore is the only other person to know enough to find the island again.

Young blood
05-30-2008, 08:41 AM
dayyyummm somebodys pissed in real life.

TV Guide: Were you disappointed Michael and Walt didn't reconnect before your character died?
Perrineau: Listen, if I'm being really candid, there are all these questions about how they respond to black people on the show. Sayid gets to meet Nadia again, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but a little black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting? Instead, Walt just winds up being another fatherless child. It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting. [Responds Cuse: "We pride ourselves on having a very racially diverse cast. It's painful when any actor's storyline ends on the show. Harold is a fantastic actor whose presence added enormously to Lost."]

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 08:46 AM
if jin is alive, that would be pretty weak. the ship exploded and we watch it sink into the ocean (and it was an easy way to kill a bunch of extras). plus that performance from sun was stellar. i read something where she was aruging with people who thought jin was alive after her flash forward and she said something about how the script made it very clear that sun thought he was dead. the actor who plays jin also made those references to thinking he was going to be dead as well. and i'd be pissed if i were that actress, gave such a performane and jin was alive, LOL.

but then again i didn't think it would be locke in the coffin, so what do i know?! lol

if he was alive, your reasoning would make sense as to why sun would contact widmore. it could also just be that ben has burned his bridges with widmore after trying to kill penny or something, that locke does something to fall out of favour with the island or never falls in favour with widmore, and so locke goes to sun to get everyone off the island cause she's the only one with the connections that could make it happen. perhaps ben and sayid help "behind the scenes", and she's the face for widmore.

who knows, now we wait :(

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
dayyyummm somebodys pissed in real life.

TV Guide: Were you disappointed Michael and Walt didn't reconnect before your character died?
Perrineau: Listen, if I'm being really candid, there are all these questions about how they respond to black people on the show. Sayid gets to meet Nadia again, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but a little black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting? Instead, Walt just winds up being another fatherless child. It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting. [Responds Cuse: "We pride ourselves on having a very racially diverse cast. It's painful when any actor's storyline ends on the show. Harold is a fantastic actor whose presence added enormously to Lost."]

and what a fucking moron. eko wanted to be written off, no one was "responding to his blackness". michael was no longer needed, he served his purpose. we did get to see him be reunited with walt, it's called the fucking raft at the end of season 2!!!!

i really like that actor, but what a pissy thing to say.

sddoctor
05-30-2008, 08:58 AM
if jin is alive, that would be pretty weak. the ship exploded and we watch it sink into the ocean (and it was an easy way to kill a bunch of extras). plus that performance from sun was stellar. i read something where she was aruging with people who thought jin was alive after her flash forward and she said something about how the script made it very clear that sun thought he was dead. the actor who plays jin also made those references to thinking he was going to be dead as well. and i'd be pissed if i were that actress, gave such a performane and jin was alive, LOL.

but then again i didn't think it would be locke in the coffin, so what do i know?! lol

if he was alive, your reasoning would make sense as to why sun would contact widmore. it could also just be that ben has burned his bridges with widmore after trying to kill penny or something, that locke does something to fall out of favour with the island or never falls in favour with widmore, and so locke goes to sun to get everyone off the island cause she's the only one with the connections that could make it happen. perhaps ben and sayid help "behind the scenes", and she's the face for widmore.

who knows, now we wait :(

Yeah, I could see Sun being the face for the conspiracy, but why would she go back to the island and dredge up old memories of her lost love (if he is dead).

She may want to help her friends, but she has to worry about her child, and going back to the island would definitely be a no-go when dealing with children....But, Ben did say everyone has to go back. The child may be included in that as well. If they're gonna tug along a dead Locke, I'd almost certainly say Sun's child and Walt have to go back as well.

...But for some reason I can't see Sun working with Ben, but then again who could have thought Sayid would be Ben's deadly right-hand man.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I could see Sun being the face for the conspiracy, but why would she go back to the island and dredge up old memories of her lost love (if he is dead).

She may want to help her friends, but she has to worry about her child, and going back to the island would definitely be a no-go when dealing with children....But, Ben did say everyone has to go back. The child may be included in that as well. If they're gonna tug along a dead Locke, I'd almost certainly say Sun's child and Walt have to go back as well.

...But for some reason I can't see Sun working with Ben, but then again who could have thought Sayid would be Ben's deadly right-hand man.

yeah, like kate, she may not want to go back. i wonder what ben means by "everyone". does that mean all the oceanic 815 passengers? does desmond and lapidus have to go back too?

and watching sayid and keamy fight reminded me of the last level of a video game or something :rotfl

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Jesus, I cried SO hard when Jin died. Yunjin Kim did such a good job in that scene. I would have been mildly sad if we just saw the boat explode and maybe some mood music, but her reaction in the helicopter just killed me. I cried for a good like three minutes straight, and this was at 2 in the morning while being completely exhausted as well.

what is the "gouge away" part? I don't remember.

There's no way Locke in the casket could have been a surprise by the end of that episode. They built it up so much that by the time he showed up to the funeral home I thought there was no way they could have anyone else in there.

I love the makeup job they do to Ben off the island. They make him look almost metro. Or just the slick killer that he really is.

Yeah what the hell is going to happen to Daniel and everyone in the Zodiac? How many days can they last out on that thing? I really hope he'll be ok. I love his character.

Miles and Charlotte (esp Charlotte) seem kind of pointless in this show.

Christian being the messenger of death was fucking terrifying. I was having nightmares of him in the shower this morning.

So Claire really is dead then?

Sawyer definitely had to have told Kate about Clementine. Last night I was thinking he asked her to take care of her, but I just realized right now yeah, she has a mom. Sawyer had nothing to do with the kid. Maybe he told Kate about the money he had stashed away for her?

My pretty much one disappointment with the episode was the reason they decided to lie. I thought it was gonna be a huge blackmail type thing, but the reason is actually one we've known all along. They're just trying to keep Widmore's guys away and the island a secret. It's nothing we didn't know. And why did Jack need Locke to tell him that? It's something that any of them could have realized if they just thought about it. Common sense. Lame.

I hope Lapidus shows up next season too. When they were all in the helicopter, before it crashed, I was just thinking weird... how is it possible to stick to their story if Lapidus and Desmond are with them? Then I kept guessing how the writers were going to kill the two off. I thought it was an easy and cheap out for them to have Desmond die in the helicopter crash (he's been through too much to die that easily) and was surprised and glad when he came to. Then I started thinking twisted and thought they'd be stuck out on that lifeboat for so long that Lapidus would die of starvation and they'd eat him. God knows why I thought they'd eat him as opposed to just throwing him overboard and letting him sink. Gross. But I think that was a very good way to show how only the six of them could cruise up onto the shore in the boat. Penny can definitely keep the secret cause she knows how evil her dad is.

I can't believe Michael and Jin were both killed that easily. Also...why didn't Jin jump into the water? Would if have made any difference at all? Or would he have died anyways. I don't get why he just stayed on the landing pad jumping around. Fucking jump off and swim!

That was such an out of character thing for Ben to stab Keamy. He's never reacted like that. But I guess he's never experienced loss like that with Alex either. I love how they showed that when it comes down to it, Ben really just has no regard for human life.

Do you think Ben and Juliet are ever gonna interact again?

Gary I don't think Sawyer gets off the island. I think Kate is just fulfilling whatever promise she made to him. Although how would she even go about searching for Clementine when she got home? And why couldn't she tell Jack what she was doing in the kitchen when they got in the fight?

Does Kate hate Jack so much now just cause he stopped being a dad and got all fucked up? Or do you think he did something specifically to her?

Yeah I'm already getting annoyed with Sun. Like you said, fikus, she's definitely complicating things. There better be a good fucking reason for this, other than just trying to go back and search for Jin or something. I don't think Sun would be that selfish.

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 09:29 AM
damn a lot of shit was posted in here as i was typing that up. haha.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Jesus, I cried SO hard when Jin died. Yunjin Kim did such a good job in that scene. I would have been mildly sad if we just saw the boat explode and maybe some mood music, but her reaction in the helicopter just killed me. I cried for a good like three minutes straight, and this was at 2 in the morning while being completely exhausted as well.

omg i was crying so hard too. my friends all were like "oh, ivy!" and gave me some more wine and i was better. seeing penny and desmond made me feel better too, but man, her performance just broke my heart. they were reaching for each other and she could do NOTHING. :(

what is the "gouge away" part? I don't remember.

when jack was driving in his car, he was listening to the pixies.

There's no way Locke in the casket could have been a surprise by the end of that episode. They built it up so much that by the time he showed up to the funeral home I thought there was no way they could have anyone else in there.

I love the makeup job they do to Ben off the island. They make him look almost metro. Or just the slick killer that he really is.

i still didn't want to believe it was locke. it just seemed too obvious, but i forget that not everyone analyzes this show to death like us :)

and i agree about off-island ben, lol. has he won an emmy yet? he should for this season. i also agree with one of the previous posts about the look on his face. when i watched again before bed, i noticed it more. what a great performance, he never fails to deliver.

Yeah what the hell is going to happen to Daniel and everyone in the Zodiac? How many days can they last out on that thing? I really hope he'll be ok. I love his character.

Miles and Charlotte (esp Charlotte) seem kind of pointless in this show.

i agree, i love faraday. myles is actually interesting to me, but i agree that their story line hasn't quite tied in properly yet.

hristian being the messenger of death was fucking terrifying. I was having nightmares of him in the shower this morning.

SO agree. that was chilling.

So Claire really is dead then?

good question! she looked a little chunky in the face, i wonder if she's real-life pregnant or if it was just a weird camera angle.

Sawyer definitely had to have told Kate about Clementine. Last night I was thinking he asked her to take care of her, but I just realized right now yeah, she has a mom. Sawyer had nothing to do with the kid. Maybe he told Kate about the money he had stashed away for her?

good points. i just can't think of what else sawyer would ask kate to do, unless they introduce a new backstory like locke and dharma.

My pretty much one disappointment with the episode was the reason they decided to lie. I thought it was gonna be a huge blackmail type thing, but the reason is actually one we've known all along. They're just trying to keep Widmore's guys away and the island a secret. It's nothing we didn't know. And why did Jack need Locke to tell him that? It's something that any of them could have realized if they just thought about it. Common sense. Lame.

i agree. i thought it would be a big conspiracy too. i like that it ties in with jack. that he takes the responisbility in a way. and you could tell when he said it he had been thinking about what locke said since the fuel ran out and the ship exploded. what a burden to know you made the wrong choice trying to help people.

I hope Lapidus shows up next season too. When they were all in the helicopter, before it crashed, I was just thinking weird... how is it possible to stick to their story if Lapidus and Desmond are with them? Then I kept guessing how the writers were going to kill the two off. I thought it was an easy and cheap out for them to have Desmond die in the helicopter crash (he's been through too much to die that easily) and was surprised and glad when he came to. Then I started thinking twisted and thought they'd be stuck out on that lifeboat for so long that Lapidus would die of starvation and they'd eat him. God knows why I thought they'd eat him as opposed to just throwing him overboard and letting him sink. Gross. But I think that was a very good way to show how only the six of them could cruise up onto the shore in the boat. Penny can definitely keep the secret cause she knows how evil her dad is.

I can't believe Michael and Jin were both killed that easily. Also...why didn't Jin jump into the water? Would if have made any difference at all? Or would he have died anyways. I don't get why he just stayed on the landing pad jumping around. Fucking jump off and swim!

my friends kept thinking desmond would die, but i knew they couldn't kill michael, jin and desmond in that short a time. desmond is too well liked.

That was such an out of character thing for Ben to stab Keamy. He's never reacted like that. But I guess he's never experienced loss like that with Alex either. I love how they showed that when it comes down to it, Ben really just has no regard for human life.

it's funny you say out of character. when keamy and sayid were fighting, my friends said "what if it were keamy and ben" and i said that ben could never win in pure hand-to-hand combat with keamy, but that scene sure proved me wrong. i think that took more courage for ben than the purge or any other atrocity because of the hand-to-hand combat. he will do anything for his interests. i loved that too.

Do you think Ben and Juliet are ever gonna interact again?

Gary I don't think Sawyer gets off the island. I think Kate is just fulfilling whatever promise she made to him. Although how would she even go about searching for Clementine when she got home? And why couldn't she tell Jack what she was doing in the kitchen when they got in the fight?

Does Kate hate Jack so much now just cause he stopped being a dad and got all fucked up? Or do you think he did something specifically to her?

we definitely need more info on the jack and kate drama. there's just not enough there to speculate.

Yeah I'm already getting annoyed with Sun. Like you said, fikus, she's definitely complicating things. There better be a good fucking reason for this, other than just trying to go back and search for Jin or something. I don't think Sun would be that selfish.

i don't think sun would be that selfish, i actually love sun now. i used to find her about as boring as claire, but she's really stepped up this season. she deserves an emmy as well.

thestripe
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM
When Walt ask Hurley "Why is everyone telling lies about what happened?" Hurley tells him it's to protect the ones left behind. Then Walt asks him "Like my father?" and Hurley says yeah.

WTF? He dead.

I thought that there might be a chance that Michael & Jin might still be alive, but Youngbloods ew post kind of squashes that. I think I'm back to the whole purgatory theory. I dunno. LOst

But this has to be the best Lost episode I have seen. There was absolutely no bullshit in this one. But in the usually Lost fashion for every one question answered there are three more introduced. Gotta luv it.

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
When Walt ask Hurley "Why is everyone telling lies about what happened?" Hurley tells him it's to protect the ones left behind. Then Walt asks him "Like my father?" and Hurley says yeah.

WTF? He dead.

i think jorge garcia acted that scene very well though. you could sense his sadness and trepidation in confirming walt's question. he's gotta be thinking the only way he can keep walt quiet is if he pretends michael's still alive. either that or he plain just didnt have the heart to tell him.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
i think jorge garcia acted that scene very well though. you could sense his sadness and trepidation in confirming walt's question. he's gotta be thinking the only way he can keep walt quiet is if he pretends michael's still alive. either that or he plain just didnt have the heart to tell him.

i totally agree.

and did anyone else think the open coffin was going to be like the opening of the hatch in season 1 where we wouldn't see inside? they teased with that coffin open for a few minutes. when they started to pan back, everyone in the room i was watching stood up and leaned to the side to try to get a peak, LOL.

and i think it's strange how sad i was about jin's death. after the way they were in season 1, who would think we'd be this sad about the death? when sun told michael she was pregnant, it would have been funny if he said "who's the father?" =P

thestripe
05-30-2008, 09:56 AM

Nice. I wasn't even thinking of that. It's almost like I have trained myself to over think everything Lost.

invisiblerobots
05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Some curious notes from Lostpedia:

Jeremy Bentham (15 February 17486 June 1832) - was an English jurist, philosopher, and legal and social reformer. He was a political radical, and a leading theorist in Anglo-American philosophy of law. He is best known for his advocacy of utilitarianism, for the concept of animal rights, and his opposition to the idea of natural rights, with his oft-quoted statement that the idea of such rights is "nonsense upon stilts." He also influenced the development of welfarism. Bentham's position included arguments in favour of individual and economic freedom, the separation of church and state, freedom of expression, equal rights for women, the end of slavery, the abolition of physical punishment (including that of children), the right to divorce, free trade, usury, and the decriminalization of homosexuality. Bentham also designed a famous prison structure called the panopticon, which creates a sense of constant surveillance and paranoia amongst prisoners. Bentham is also noted for having his body artificially preserved in a glass case after his death. His preserved remains are still on public display at University College, London.

Young blood
05-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Rose is by far my favorite. I hope we see more of her and Bernard utilized towards the end.

Her talk with miles was fantastic.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Rose is by far my favorite. I hope we see more of her and Bernard utilized towards the end.

i was thinking that too. i hope we see more on island stuff with her.

and i remember reading about jeremy bentham when the obituary was originally posted. now the writers said it's "just a prop", but it appears the name thing was correct. i wonder if the name was a mistake, and they just used jeremy bentham since that's what people online thought it was, or if the name was right and the "survived by a teenage son" part was wrong. i just thought that was weird since they said it was "just a prop", but used one of the speculated guesses at the name from the obituary.

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 10:04 AM
His preserved remains are still on public display at University College, London.Whoa, what?

Young blood
05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Im still confused as to why that name though I guess im stupid and missing it.....is there a connection?

Blinken
05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
So they are gonna perserve Locke's remains in a glass box to bring back to the island. Otherwise remember they have to act fast before the body decomposes.

invisiblerobots
05-30-2008, 10:10 AM
http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~tdowning/JPG/bentham.JPG
Creepy. (http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~tdowning/jeremy.htm)

invisiblerobots
05-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Im still confused as to why that name though I guess im stupid and missing it.....is there a connection?

I should have copied the rest:

Jeremy Bentham was an advocate of utilitarianism, which is a philosophy that states that "the ends justify the means". This is quite represenative of John Locke.

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 10:21 AM
R5W2-dvSzKk

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_Hxnvg45zlCw/SEAf5LgwYxI/AAAAAAAACCU/wD6D8QeUptg/s1600/pict%2B2008-05-30%2B08-00-518.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Hxnvg45zlCw/SEAfkbgwYqI/AAAAAAAACBc/3d97ntJyqFs/s1600/pict%2B2008-05-30%2B08-01-398.jpg

Sexecutioner
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM

yea, its nothing WE didnt know, so it easy for us to use common sense like that, but most of them dont know everything that we know. we know everything about whidmore and how he sent those guys to kill everybody, but do the rest of those survivors know that? maybe lupitas, but i think a lot of them are still kind of in the dark when it comes to the big picture. so coming up with that lie is actually pretty smart.

garrett222
05-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok, question. The people in the raft...what happened to them? Did the island disappear for them as well?

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 10:29 AM
DWWMYFAycmQ

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh my god, I just watched a 30 second clip of the boat blowing up again and instantly started crying. Sun is SO FUCKING GOOD.

sddoctor
05-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok, question. The people in the raft...what happened to them? Did the island disappear for them as well?

Jack mentioned landing the heli on the smaller island, but that too had disappeared.

The freighter seemed to keep its distance from the island the entire time.

The Pearl station is off island too.

I would assume that a portion of the ocean radially around the island had also vanished. I assume Daniel and the raft people were in the radius of the island's power.

thestripe
05-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh my god, I just watched a 30 second clip of the boat blowing up again and instantly started crying. Sun is SO FUCKING GOOD.

No kidding. She is so convincing.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I should have copied the rest:

Jeremy Bentham was an advocate of utilitarianism, which is a philosophy that states that "the ends justify the means". This is quite represenative of John Locke.

ooOoOo, kinda like ben too.

and good call on the preservation of remains of bentham and that they'll have to preserve the remains of locke. SPOOKY!

Young blood
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
4 reals.

It will be cool to see the weekend and bernie's adventures utilized to get locke back to the island.

Tylerdurden31
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
4 reals.

It will be cool to see the weekend and bernie's adventures utilized to get locke back to the island.

it won't be the same without Jonathan Silverman and Andrew McCarthy

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
4 reals.

someone photoshop this STAT! :rotfl

Cancersticks1
05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Bentham also designed a famous prison structure called the panopticon, which creates a sense of constant surveillance and paranoia amongst prisoners.

doesn't sound like the arbitrarily chose that name to me.

wmgaretjax
05-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't think I'll be watching this show next season.

Tylerdurden31
05-30-2008, 01:11 PM

did it jump your shark?

Trick Loves The Kids
05-30-2008, 01:39 PM
SEE YOU IN ANOTHER LIFE BROTHA

Tylerdurden31
05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
has anyone ever talked about how Lapidus = The Lawnmower Man?

http://www.lostcommunity.co.uk/forums/images/images/cd_clive.jpg

http://gorkab.ifrance.com/CGM%20Project/Images/1992%20-%20The%20Lawnmower%20Man.jpg

psychic friend
05-30-2008, 01:51 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2083/2364378947_5686fe5269.jpg?v=0

bliss209
05-30-2008, 02:28 PM
DWWMYFAycmQ

that would have made absolutely no sense to have Desmond or Sawyer in the coffin. i'm sure they came up with those two as the "dummy" endings to throw people off. But i know I would have been PISSED if one of those two really ended up being the end scene for this episode!!

Boourns
05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Sun > everyone else

bliss209
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
LOVED how this episode started..... right where last season finale left off.

LOVED the action packed first 1/2!!! AWESOME!! For a moment I thought I was watching a Van Damme movie or something. haven't seen that much blood since the pilot episode when the plane crashed.

HATED losing Jin!!! WTF is that CRAP!! That was the worst and uncalled for! There was no reason for that and knowing he was only a few seconds away from catching the helicopter was bullshit! What a bunch of crap!!! I refuse to believe Jin is dead. (so there! :mad: )

My first thought when the boat exploded was knowing that Daniel was still in the water running people back and forth from the island to the boat and HE could pick up Jin, IF he is still out there. he might have moved with the island too. I cannot understand what is to be considered "part of the island" and what isn't. And just like someone else previously mentioned, the Hydro station is underwater and NOT connected to the island except by wires. So does that mean it goes where ever the island goes? You would think since it is a significant part of the island. Like its a complete set and couldn't function without any of the components (the different stations)

So what do you think they all talked about on Penny's boat when they got picked up? When I saw Sun confront Widmore, I couldn't tell if she's out to get Widmore for her own personal satisfaction, or if this is part of a grand scheme between ALL of the Oceanic 6 and Penny and Desmond. There had to have been a conversation between ALL of them about who they are all related to and have relations with (i.e. - Penny is Widmore's Daughter, they all know Widmore is behind all of this, Penny isn't down for her dad and would probably help out to make sure he is stopped, Sun's dad's company (now her company) is associated with Widmore industries, Sun wants someone to suffer for Jin's death, Hurley knows Ben is out to kill Widmore's daughter for killing his daughter, Lapidus knows about the Oceanic cover up and wants to find his missing friend, etc.etc) They should all know by now Widmore is evil and he must be stopped.

My unanswered questions:
What the hell did Sawyer whisper in Kate's ear??

Was Charlotte really born there and who are her parents? the Goodwins? (that would be awesome!!)

Why does Miles want to stay?

Did Ben also mean to include Walt when he said that everyone needs to come back?

Is Michael really dead? (he was visited by the mysterious death angel, Christian)

bliss209
05-30-2008, 03:30 PM

I LOVE her!! She is another prime example of what the island can do to someone so I could honestly see both Bernard and her coming up again in future episodes.

i thought she was gonna backhand miles for eating the peanuts!!! that was funny

oh yeah...... Did anyone enter there email address on the latest lost affiliated website Octagon Global Recruting? http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

Cancersticks1
05-30-2008, 03:42 PM
What was name of Ben's little girlfriend on the island when he was a kid? cause thats the first thing I thought when Charlotte mentioned being born there.

Cancersticks1
05-30-2008, 03:43 PM
has anyone ever talked about how Lapidus = The Lawnmower Man?

http://www.lostcommunity.co.uk/forums/images/images/cd_clive.jpg

http://gorkab.ifrance.com/CGM%20Project/Images/1992%20-%20The%20Lawnmower%20Man.jpg

Yeah, I made a comment to my friend about Job when he first showed up, something along the lines of, "oh fuck its the matrix."

tessalasset
05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
[B]

My unanswered questions:
What the hell did Sawyer whisper in Kate's ear??

Is Michael really dead? (he was visited by the mysterious death angel, Christian)

Both of these questions are actually answered a page or two back in this thread.

bliss209
05-30-2008, 07:10 PM
What was name of Ben's little girlfriend on the island when he was a kid? cause thats the first thing I thought when Charlotte mentioned being born there.

WOW! Didnt even think about that :) nice! Her name is Annie. For all we know it could have been her, and she or her family could have changed her name when she got off the island.

Both of these questions are actually answered a page or two back in this thread.

All I found was Saywer possibly telling Kate about Clementine, but i really dont think thats it. The money?? the kid?? the mom..... maybe. We do know its a favor he asked her because of the flashforward, but what? Did the either of them ever talk about Cassidy with eachother?

And yes thanks, someone just emailed me an article about Michael dying. Christian "released" him from the island when he said "you can go now". I didnt quite understand all of that, but now i do. I thought maybe....just maybe Michael pops up next season and haunts everybody or something wierd. ya never know when they start hanging out with Christian :)

Sonicifyouwantit
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM

you know you are gonna

LETS EDIT!: glad I waited to view this thread till after I watched my recorded episodes.

OK LETS REALLY GET DOWN AND DO THE EDIT!: dawned on me today that widmore is the same actor that played caleb on the o.c. is the accent fake or was his american accent faked?

tessalasset
05-31-2008, 12:39 AM
OK LETS REALLY GET DOWN AND DO THE EDIT!: dawned on me today that widmore is the same actor that played caleb on the o.c. is the accent fake or was his american accent faked?

i unfortunately recognized him the second he came on the show. that was back in the days when i watched the oc. dude...his death scene... when he has the heart attack and falls in the pool and Fix You is playing....i still get chills thinking about that scene. i cried so fucking hard. Just hearing Julie's screaming during such a pretty, heartfelt song killed me. i'm gonna post it here just for memory's sake.

EOBChYSiut0

i believe he is british. lemme check imdb.

my bad. he's actually from new zealand.

BobCaygeon
05-31-2008, 06:42 AM
dawned on me today that widmore is the same actor that played caleb on the o.c.

Interesting trivia if you don't listen to the podcasts: Alan Dale is (was?) on stage in London doing Spamalot, so the crew headed over there to film Ben's scenes with him. It was the first time they had ever filmed a Lost scene outside the US.

They didn't mention, however, that they also filmed a scene between him and Sun...

captncrzy
05-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Yay finally watched it last night.

Claire is totally dead; Michael is totally dead. I don't know about Jin. He could have survived.

I think Walt will have to go back to the island too. Sun may be a problem, but maybe they force her to go back or something...Sayid said he was taking Hurley to "someplace safe"...so I'm wondering what that means.

I think Locke got off the island the same way the Others did when they need to: they seem to be able to bend time and space to get to the mainland whenever they want (i.e. creeepy guyliner dude). Who killed him is another question.

I think Aaron is supposed to be the second coming of Locke too. Remember, Locke was a superbaby-no illnesses, born prematurely in the 50's and survived, etc. Aaron survives that craziness somehow without food/milk/any kind of injury.

Young blood
05-31-2008, 08:45 AM
That young walt/ghost on the island talking to Locke and older walt off the island is going to be hard to explain.

I hope the writers disnt get in over their heads with stpry lines in the next seasons and come up with some BS to make it all believable. BS in as a dream sequence or that they are all crazy.

RotationSlimWang
05-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Okay I saw a clip of this on Best Week Ever and in the last week I've been laughing my ass off trying to get Lost fans to explain with a straight face the absurd fucking storyline, and did they really just have the ocean swallow the island cause some guy pushed a wheel?

Young blood
05-31-2008, 08:54 AM
wormholes motherfucker.

captncrzy
05-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Walt is older because three years have passed.

RotationSlimWang
05-31-2008, 11:34 AM
wormholes motherfucker.

That made me laugh my ass off. Are you serious though? Is that what it is? Or, lemme guess, since this is Lost they didn't tell you what happened?

Blinken
05-31-2008, 12:01 PM
It is very absurd, but that is what i like about it.

tessalasset
05-31-2008, 12:51 PM
It's a fantasy show, Randy.

RotationSlimWang
05-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Okay, I'm just asking though: that WAS or was not a wormhole?

Blinken
05-31-2008, 01:58 PM
I would call it a wormhole, I can't think of another term for it.

RotationSlimWang
05-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Well... what indicates that it was a wormhole?

Sexecutioner
05-31-2008, 02:28 PM
kind of like a wormhole i guess. basically the island has crazy abilities to fuck with time and space, and so the island somehow moved, either in time, or space, or both, we dont know which, or how it is explained scientifically.

RotationSlimWang
05-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Do you know where it went?

fikus222
05-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Do you know where it went?

into next season.

ghettojournalist
05-31-2008, 10:12 PM
i was hearing that there is a theory that allows for teleportation from one point on Earth to the exact polar opposite on the planet.

the Walt thing is kind of easy to explain. the passing of time and puberty.

Young blood
06-01-2008, 07:13 AM
I understand how a person ages.

I dont understand how one is alive in new york and another younger walt is telling a shot up locke to get out of a mass grave at the same time.

woogie846
06-01-2008, 03:01 PM

I dont understand how one is alive in new york and another younger walt is telling a shot up locke to get out of a mass grave at the same time.

Wasn't the younger Walt just a hallucination caused by the island?

RotationSlimWang
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
This thread is hysterical.

Sexecutioner
06-02-2008, 10:08 AM
This thread is hysterical.

dude, stfu and go rent the first few seasons on dvd. its seriously the best show ever.

tessalasset
06-02-2008, 10:20 AM

Didn't Hurley meeting up with older Walt happen three years after ghost walt told Locke to get up? Even if that was actually Walt, and not a hallucination, that much growth in three years is totally normal.

chairmenmeow47
06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Didn't Hurley meeting up with older Walt happen three years after ghost walt told Locke to get up? Even if that was actually Walt, and not a hallucination, that much growth in three years is totally normal.

yeah, it was probably between 2 to 3 years.

i just love on the lost forums when the constant aired and everyone was like "time travel, ok, NOW the show is unbelievable. NOW i'm going to quit watching". as if polar bears, food drops, smoke monsters, dead zombie fathers, hatches, clockwork orange brainwashing rooms, four toed statues and electromagnetism wasn't enough.

Cancersticks1
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
yeah, it was probably between 2 to 3 years.

i just love on the lost forums when the constant aired and everyone was like "time travel, ok, NOW the show is unbelievable. NOW i'm going to quit watching". as if polar bears, food drops, smoke monsters, dead zombie fathers, hatches, clockwork orange brainwashing rooms, four toed statues and electromagnetism wasn't enough.

seriously, "electromagnetism" preposterous.

fikus222
06-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Speaking of four toed statues, didn't the producers say that there would be an explanation for the statue this past season ?

chairmenmeow47
06-02-2008, 11:47 AM
seriously, "electromagnetism" preposterous.

ha ha ha, touche. i meant more the way it's used.

oh, and someone got me the "lost soundtrack" for my birthday. it was made after season 2 based on the cover (shannon's on there). i'll let y'all know how it is!

Young blood
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM

I guess im just having a hard time dissecting the visions as a whole not just walt.

Blinken
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Speaking of four toed statues, didn't the producers say that there would be an explanation for the statue this past season ?

I think the writers strike made them push some stuff to next season.

Blinken
06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
dude, stfu and go rent the first few seasons on dvd. its seriously the best show ever.

I love Lost, but you are wrong about it being the best show ever. Plus that is a very subjective statement. If you ask me that title goes to "The Wire," but comparing those shows is like apples and oranges.

Sexecutioner
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
I love Lost, but you are wrong about it being the best show ever. Plus that is a very subjective statement. If you ask me that title goes to "The Wire," but comparing those shows is like apples and oranges.

its obviously subjective. but i dont see a fuckin wire thread with 63 pages biatch.

Blinken
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Very true, but The Wire is done for good, and not nearly as many people watched The Wire. Plus there is alot more to talk about with a show like Lost. A lot more mystery going on. Anyways didn't mean to change the topic.

This is going to be a long wait, i just want to know where the fuck the island went. Ben said it is very dangerous to move the island, and Locke apparently said it got alot worse. I wonder what the consequences of the move are. How are the people effected. Desmond got the power to see the future because of the same type of energy in a smaller localized dose. so the question is what would that energy do to everyone else on a much larger scale?? More time manipulation? I am also thinking about the ramifactions of everything shifting in Time and Space may not all be in the same location as before. The Black Rock may have been just cruising along when the island popped up underneth it, or it could have been just offshore and got jumbled during the landing if a few people from the boat found this wheel. The wheel was there before Dharma by the looks of it so maybe it was made the four toed people. I kind of rambled on longer than i planned but oh well. We have a lot of time to wait and come up with crazy ideas.

Cancersticks1
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Very true, but The Wire is done for good, and not nearly as many people watched The Wire. Plus there is alot more to talk about with a show like Lost. A lot more mystery going on. Anyways didn't mean to change the topic.

This is going to be a long wait, i just want to know where the fuck the island went. Ben said it is very dangerous to move the island, and Locke apparently said it got alot worse. I wonder what the consequences of the move are. How are the people effected. Desmond got the power to see the future because of the same type of energy in a smaller localized dose. so the question is what would that energy do to everyone else on a much larger scale?? More time manipulation? I am also thinking about the ramifactions of everything shifting in Time and Space may not all be in the same location as before. The Black Rock may have been just cruising along when the island popped up underneth it, or it could have been just offshore and got jumbled during the landing if a few people from the boat found this wheel. The wheel was there before Dharma by the looks of it so maybe it was made the four toed people. I kind of rambled on longer than i planned but oh well. We have a lot of time to wait and come up with crazy ideas.

also polar bears in the desert.

RotationSlimWang
06-02-2008, 05:56 PM
the four toed people.

BobCaygeon
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
My current favorite theory is that the last person to move the island was Widmore.

Blinken
06-02-2008, 07:42 PM
the four toed people.

Imagine the statue at Rhodes, they found just a foot from a statue that size and it only had fours toes. It was on the coast of the Island

tessalasset
06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
The Black Rock may have been just cruising along when the island popped up underneth it,
Wow I really really like this thought.

Tylerdurden31
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet

Buddha’s teachings, which are known as “Dharma”, are likened to a wheel that moves from country to country in accordance with changing conditions and people’s karmic inclinations. The external forms of presenting Buddhism may change as it meets with different cultures and societies, but its essential authenticity is ensured through the continuation of an unbroken lineage of realized practitioners. Buddha’s teachings are said to be like a precious wheel because, wherever they spread, the people in that area have the opportunity to control their minds by putting them into practice.

I just remembered the Wheel of Dharma as a Portobello mushroom dish from Zen Palate. Then I remembered it was something in Buddhism. Makes sense

Young blood
06-03-2008, 07:34 AM
good call on the dharma wheel I had forgotten about it.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/chiharusuki/wheelwords.jpg

Young blood
06-03-2008, 08:36 AM
duh.....there was a alot to process in the last eps., but this I didnt think of.

The passage behind the time Vault leads to an incredibly cold chamber playing host to a massive wheel. The wheel can hardly be turned by human strength alone and even if it can be moved, the person doing so is transported from the island and into another time altogether.

The wheel itself is a larger version of a donkey wheel. A donkey wheel, as most know, was used mainly in mills. Donkeys or horses would be tied to the wheel and forced to turn it to keep the mill going.

Now the frozen donkey wheel has too many risks. Donkeys and horses most certainly wouldn't be able to turn it. They would die from the cold temps. Another reason is that if a human was used to turn the wheel, though they are obviously strong enough, they would be banished from the island and who knows where they would end up.

My theory is that Dharma captured polar bears and trained them to turn the wheel. They put them in cages with mind games to test their intelligence. Then when the island needed to be moved, polar bears would be perfectly capable of turning the wheel and withstanding the freezing temperatures. There was no risk of anybody being transported in time, except the polar bears who were expendable. My guess is that when the island was moved previously, a polar bear turning the wheel was transported to Tunisia in the past. Later, it's bear bones are discovered, complete with a dharma collar around its neck

Sexecutioner
06-03-2008, 09:07 AM
wow, thats a good theory...

Courtney
06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
That's a good theory. Except I disagree that if people can withstand the cold temperatures, certainly there are many different types of animals who could. And how would they have gotten a polar bear down that small shaft?

Blinken
06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah I think the reason it was so hard to turn was that it was frozen. I think they just choose someone to sacrafice to the gods. I am still under the belief that this wheel pre-dates Dharma. So the people that lived on the island wouldn't know that you are just teleported. they would assume that you go meet with the gods.

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 10:19 AM
great theories :)

i wonder if dharma even knew about the wheel. i agree that it's probably very old technology. if it was, the hatch wouldn't have been in place when the wheel was built, so it would be easier to get polar bears to the wheel.

so it sounds like the polar bears were just kinda thrown in the pilot and now they are finding a reason for them in the show.

and i was laughing my ass off that the "frozen donkey wheel" was actually a frozen donkey wheel, lol.

Sexecutioner
06-03-2008, 10:29 AM
i wonder if dharma even knew about the wheel. i agree that it's probably very old technology.

thats a good question. maybe they didnt know, cuz its not like there was a nice path to get to it. ben had to blow a frickin hole in that chamber just to access it.

thelastgreatman
06-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah, these theories sound like they're right on the money.

Cancersticks1
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I still think the polar bear in the desert was left behind as opposed to transported there, the same as the helicopter. And I don't get the impression that they are trying to come up with an explanation for them now, mostly because of a picture in the comic book that Walt was reading early on, of a domed oasis surrounded by what looked like arctic wasteland. So I wonder if the island is ALWAYS an island or if it depends on where it ends up. It's possible that at one time it was landlocked, thus the polar bear wandering out of range when it moved and being left behind.

Cancersticks1
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Why do you follow this thread if you're not a fan of the show? Do you have that little to do?

thelastgreatman
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
It's hysterically funny.

Cancersticks1
06-03-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.losthatch.com/images%5Cscreen_captures%5CS1E14_Comic_Book.jpg

Sexecutioner
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
damn, people keep mentioning little details from the early episodes that i dont even remember, like walts comic book. im going to have to re-watch the first couple seasons while waiting for the next one to refresh my memory. plus, that will help with the withdrawals. and speaking of missing tv shows, when the fuck does entourage come back?

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
i remember the comic books, but i'd bet dollars to donuts that this wasn't the plan for the polar bears from the beginning.

i sincerely hope we either get a christian or walt flashback for the season 5 opener. they really need to do more with the walt story.

no one invited you!!! :yyablo

Cancersticks1
06-03-2008, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=chairmenmeow47;635946]i remember the comic books, but i'd bet dollars to donuts that this wasn't the plan for the polar bears from the beginning.

i sincerely hope we either get a christian or walt flashback for the season 5 opener. they really need to do more with the walt story.

That bottom left image sure seems like foreshadowing to me though. a summary of the comic its taken from can be read here (the overall arc of the comic doesn't seem so relevant, but who knows.)

http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/2004/10/lost_tv_show_on.html

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
That bottom left image sure seems like foreshadowing to me though. a summary of the comic its taken from can be read here (the overall arc of the comic doesn't seem so relevant, but who knows.)

http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/2004/10/lost_tv_show_on.html

good point, i didn't catch that! i guess i meant more that with the pilot i don't think they knew this is where the polar bears would go. they were freaking animatronic in the pilot. i know they've had maybe a general idea of the storyline since early on, but they didn't have all the details worked out. i don't really care though, i love the show :)

i'm still confused as to why everyone calls walt walt, but that locke is "bentham".

thelastgreatman
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
no one invited you!!! :yyablo

I invite myself. Also, it's pretty funny that the way to type out the beating a dead horse emoticon is "yablo." Never noticed that before.

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I invite myself. Also, it's pretty funny that the way to type out the beating a dead horse emoticon is "yablo." Never noticed that before.

ha ha ha, i know, i almost said something about that. it's been that way for awhile, but i haven't used it in a long time. thanks for giving me a reason to beat a dead horse yablo style, randy :thu

Cancersticks1
06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
good point, i didn't catch that! i guess i meant more that with the pilot i don't think they knew this is where the polar bears would go. they were freaking animatronic in the pilot. i know they've had maybe a general idea of the storyline since early on, but they didn't have all the details worked out. i don't really care though, i love the show :)

i'm still confused as to why everyone calls walt walt, but that locke is "bentham".

Yeah, I don't know. Granted, nobody had the foresight to tell he and michael to lie when they got off the island, but unless Walt has been completely cut off from the world, i.e. not going to school etc. It seems people would have been like, "oh so you didn't die in a plane crash?" Hopefully they address that next season.

thelastgreatman
06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd like to give you a reason to beat something else. Yablo style would work on it too--he has such soft hands.

RotationSlimWang
06-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Ha, fuck, I totally forgot that I'm no longer TLGM logging in from work.

So please, what other crazy horseshit would you folks like to explain? What the fuck is the deal with "the others?"

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Ha, fuck, I totally forgot that I'm no longer TLGM logging in from work.

So please, what other crazy horseshit would you folks like to explain? What the fuck is the deal with "the others?"

the others provide "sexual favours" for ben, who in return gives them orders from the master pimp "jacob". jacob is such a pimp though, we never see him. he let's his zombie bitch christian do all the actual pimping, while jacob just lives it up in a mysterious cabin in the woods.

they all like sexual role playing games, so there are different hatches that serve ben's desires. the medical hatch is for doctor role playing, while the orchid station is for gay buttsex amongst the flowers. sometimes they even play "robinson crusoe" and put on dingy clothes to pretend like they've been lost for years in a sort of "you be the native, i'll be the captive" type kinkfest. they even have a clockwork orange style brainwashing room for ben's REALLY naughty requests.

ben fell out of favour with his slave master jacob though and has been punished back to the boring rest of the world where he has no sex slave others. jacob's had his eye on locke's sweet bow-hunting skills for awhile, so now that locke's taken ben's place, this should be interesting. will locke want all knew hatches built for his own pleasure, or will he be happy with the status quo. i guess we'll just have to wait...

RotationSlimWang
06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
You realize how much more plausible that was than the rest of this thread?

Also--boner.

Cancersticks1
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
the others provide "sexual favours" for ben, who in return gives them orders from the master pimp "jacob". jacob is such a pimp though, we never see him. he let's his zombie bitch christian do all the actual pimping, while jacob just lives it up in a mysterious cabin in the woods.

they all like sexual role playing games, so there are different hatches that serve ben's desires. the medical hatch is for doctor role playing, while the orchid station is for gay buttsex amongst the flowers. sometimes they even play "robinson crusoe" and put on dingy clothes to pretend like they've been lost for years in a sort of "you be the native, i'll be the captive" type kinkfest. they even have a clockwork orange style brainwashing room for ben's REALLY naughty requests.

ben fell out of favour with his slave master jacob though and has been punished back to the boring rest of the world where he has no sex slave others. jacob's had his eye on locke's sweet bow-hunting skills for awhile, so now that locke's taken ben's place, this should be interesting. will locke want all knew hatches built for his own pleasure, or will he be happy with the status quo. i guess we'll just have to wait...

Polar bears = Furries?

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
You realize how much more plausible that was than the rest of this thread?

Also--boner.

i've never watch television for "plausibility" =P

and furries :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

this guy at my work one time found a newspaper clipping for a furries meeting at a local applebees i had in my cube for forever.

captncrzy
06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I'd like to give you a reason to beat something else. Yablo style would work on it too--he has such soft hands.

It's actually Yyablo. As if to say, why yablo, why?

tessalasset
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
that was some inside joke that i dont even remember now.

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 05:42 PM
thats a good question. maybe they didnt know, cuz its not like there was a nice path to get to it. ben had to blow a frickin hole in that chamber just to access it.

ok, so i'm re-watching while i do my stretches and halliwax says something about how they built the vault in front of a "pocket" of exotic material. so they know something is funky there i guess. i wonder how far back the wheel was though, didn't seem too far at all.

fikus222
06-04-2008, 01:42 AM
When in the frozen cave Ben moves the wheel 3 clicks forward. What I am thinking is that this moved the Island 3 years into the future. So it'll pop up in the same spot 3 years later...

Doesn't Ben show up in the desert 3 years in the future ?

Maybe the Island's location doesn't change, just time.

My problem with this theory is that Jeremy/Jon said that things got worse on the Island once the 8 left on the helo. So if the Island was instantly transported 3 years into the future, how could things get worse and how could Jeremy/Jon have already been in contact with everyone ?

Tylerdurden31
06-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Maybe the Island's location doesn't change, just time.

Dude....we saw it disappear. This could be one of the only things I could say with complete certainty in the show. The island moved.

fikus222
06-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Dude....we saw it disappear. This could be one of the only things I could say with complete certainty in the show. The island moved.

I feel I must call your attention to the ever so informative Dharma Initiative Orientation Videos: "The bunny may appear to have disappeared, but in actuality it has been moved forward in time..."

My theory is that the Island was shifted forward in time, therefore it appears to have disappeared to those left in the 'present.'

And Jeremy/Jon only appears to the 6 a month prior to his death, which would allow for the shift of 3 years to occur and things to get worse for those left on the Island (Cuz we all know how quickly events can turn sour on the Island). Which then leads to Jeremy/Jon's venture to find the 6 and bring them back, which fails and leads to his "suicide."

Tylerdurden31
06-04-2008, 04:29 AM
I feel I must call your attention to the ever so informative Dharma Initiative Orientation Videos: "The bunny may appear to have disappeared, but in actuality it has been moved forward in time..."

My theory is that the Island was shifted forward in time, therefore it appears to have disappeared to those left in the 'present.'

And Jeremy/Jon only appears to the 6 a month prior to his death, which would allow for the shift of 3 years to occur and things to get worse for those left on the Island (Cuz we all know how quickly events can turn sour on the Island). Which then leads to Jeremy/Jon's venture to find the 6 and bring them back, which fails and leads to his "suicide."

fuckin bunny. I guess just moving into the future doesn't make sense to me. Unless it's really like the DeLorean. But then that goes against the idea I like about the Island appearing underneath the Black Rock and in the middle of the Tunisian desert and such.

fikus222
06-04-2008, 04:42 AM
fuckin bunny. I guess just moving into the future doesn't make sense to me. Unless it's really like the DeLorean. But then that goes against the idea I like about the Island appearing underneath the Black Rock and in the middle of the Tunisian desert and such.

Yeah, me too. Every time some show/movie explores time traveling they do it differently. The only one that I ever liked was in the Butterfly Effect (hold the flaming until I explain why). What I mean is that I liked how they incorporated the alternate time line memories into the time traveler's mind as if they had happened to that individual originally.

RotationSlimWang
06-04-2008, 06:45 AM
How is moving in time not moving?

Tylerdurden31
06-04-2008, 08:23 AM
How is moving in time not moving?

moving in space and moving in time, different things to me. It's all relative.

Cancersticks1
06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
it could still pop up under the black rock in that scenario, theyre just gliding along in open water when "oh snap!" i still like the idea of the island having once been in the desert though.

Young blood
06-04-2008, 08:38 AM
it could still pop up under the black rock in that scenario, theyre just gliding along in open water when "oh snap!"

This theory is perfect. No other way a boat ends up in the fucking jungle.

I think as crazy as it sounds Widmore is a time travlin' boat captain. He was on the island and had to move it. (Black Rock)

Tylerdurden31
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
This theory is perfect. No other way a boat ends up in the fucking jungle.

I think as crazy as it sounds Widmore is a time travlin' boat captain. He was on the island and had to move it. (Black Rock)

AND HE WANTED HIS MOTHERFUCKING JOURNAL BACK SO HE HAD TO BUY IT AT AN AUCTION!!!!!

BOOYAKASHA!

chairmenmeow47
06-04-2008, 10:16 AM
ben does not show up in the desert three years in the future. it's only about 10 months i think, cause it's october 2005.

now that we've seen the finale, that whole ben flash forward makes sense. the finale confirmed that he didn't waste ANY time going to find whidmore to avenge alex.

the island could definitely move in time; however i don't think we have any indication of when that would be yet, so it's hard to speculate on "when/where" the island is. especially since we don't know "when/where" the island was in the first place.

and a whidmore flashback would be sweet. that would be cool if he were on the black rock and had to previously move the island.

Tylerdurden31
06-04-2008, 10:19 AM
and a whidmore flashback would be sweet. that would be cool if he were on the black rock and had to previously move the island.

maybe he was there way before ben ever showed up?

Young blood
06-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I think thats where Abandon and Alpert come in to play. Alpert will be from the time of the four toed statue and hes been time hopin and staying the same age. Wasnt the black rock a slave ship? Abandon could of been part of this scenario.

tessalasset
06-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Man you guys are reallly making me want a caleb - i mean widmore - flashback now.

RotationSlimWang
06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I think that the island suffers from backwards spinning electromagnetic vortexes. I have a crazy person who would like to explain it to you.

TomAz
06-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I wish there was a "mark thread as read" feature on this board.

RotationSlimWang
06-04-2008, 10:58 AM
That's pretty funny. Tom, let's you and me go catfishing sometime soon.

sonofhal
06-04-2008, 01:40 PM
So, i finally got around to watching it (it was on here sunday, but i was still in Barcelona)

I'm pretty sure (as some people have mentioned) that the island has just moved forward in time. They showed an interview with the writers on Sky TV here after the finale. When asked where the island had gone, they answered "or when?" Plus the bunny video was pretty pointless otherwise.

Alan Dale (Widmore) used to be in the Aussie soap Neighbours for bloody years. He played Kylie Minogues father in law. He died of a heart attack in that show, as he did in The OC and as he did in Ugly Betty. Expect a Widmore heart attack at some point in the future.

Also, now we have London scenes, i can actually visit a location from the show.

ghettojournalist
06-04-2008, 04:09 PM
i like the theory that Desmond and Penny end up, through some time-traveling, end up being "Adam and Eve".

RotationSlimWang
06-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Whoever invented that theory should have the absolute worst kind of electromagnetic vortex forcibly inserted up their ass.

Sexecutioner
06-04-2008, 04:44 PM
isnt the whole point of moving the island so widmore cant find it? well moving it in time doesnt help much with that cuz he knows it will pop up in the same location eventually, he will just have to keep checking that same place every so often to see if its back. moving its location in space would actually make it hard for him to find. but i guess the theory that it only moves in time also makes sense cuz otherwise that ships log, or journal that he bought at the auction probably wouldnt have helped him find it if it were in a completely different location.

ghettojournalist
06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
slow your roll, Wang. you do know that there was a couple found on the island, that were stated to be important to the understanding of the island, called Adam and Eve by Locke?

Sexecutioner
06-04-2008, 05:13 PM
slow your roll, Wang. you do know that there was a couple found on the island, that were stated to be important to the understanding of the island, called Adam and Eve by Locke?

shit, i dont even remember that. when was that?

Blinken
06-04-2008, 05:18 PM
When they moved into the cave in Season one they found the bones of two people. One the internet people called them Adam and Eve, because they were the oldest signs of life on the island we had been presented with at that time.

ghettojournalist
06-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Locke called them Adam and Eve.

fikus222
06-04-2008, 05:21 PM

Maybe in the sense that they are the possible originators of the Others.

tessalasset
06-04-2008, 05:22 PM
MAYBE THATS DESMOND AND PENNY

Blinken
06-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks i forgot that it was locke.

fikus222
06-04-2008, 05:26 PM
MAYBE THATS DESMOND AND PENNY

I dunno though, the Others are pretty agro, but Penny and Desmond have good reason to hate Whidmore. So if Whidmore was helping Dharma then maybe Penny and Desmond could/would have fostered a guerrilla group that would eventually wipe them out.

Seems a bit fanciful though.

tessalasset
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
MAYBE ITS HURLEY AND LIBBY

fikus222
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
MAYBE ITS HURLEY AND LIBBY

Yeah, we are supposed to get Libby's back story too. Damn the strike !!! (glad they got their rightful monies though)

ivankay
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
this is funny:

57e5xgQqk-s

Sexecutioner
06-04-2008, 08:39 PM
oh man, that had me laughing pretty fuckin hard...

best parts:

"are we gonna spend the whole year in the hatch?"

"michael starts working for the other, who are actually good guys?? what?? GOOD GUYS!"

thestripe
06-05-2008, 07:09 AM
What does Jacks tatoo say again? I don't remember.

Young blood
06-05-2008, 07:13 AM
May I take your order?

Young blood
06-05-2008, 07:13 AM
fresh mixed salad.

thestripe
06-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Would you like soy sauce?

thestripe
06-05-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm a hooker, got u good fucker.

RotationSlimWang
Sause?

No thanks. I'll take some rpool though if you got it.

Young blood
fuck the salt (beautiful pole) cowboy leg.

thestripe
06-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Sause?

No thanks. I'll take some rpool though if you got it.

What?

Young blood
06-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I dont think anyone knows.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Jack's_tattoo

this is funny:

57e5xgQqk-s

that was great.

Young blood
06-05-2008, 07:29 AM
"In real life 5 in the tattoo is a tribute to his "Party of Five" days"

hahahahahahaha

thestripe
06-05-2008, 07:43 AM
http://lostpedia.com/wiki/

This site is great.

Sexecutioner
06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I dont think anyone knows.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Jack's_tattoo

i didnt read that link, but doesnt it say what it means in that one episode where he is in thailand?

thestripe
06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
The Thai chick says she can read who people are. She says Jack is a leader and a great man, but is angry, scared and frightened. I just watched the episode but didn't catch the actual tat meanings. That's why I asked question.

chairmenmeow47
06-05-2008, 11:50 AM
god, i'd forgotten about the bai ling episode. that was atrocious.

i vote for no more horrible tattoos in season 5.

RotationSlimWang
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
What?

You heard me, you illiterate bastard.

ghettojournalist
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
i was hoping someone would post that Daily Show clip.
loved it.

hey stripe, it's funny that you listed five qualities that were attached to Jack and 5 was tattooed on him. maybe that's it. there was also a story he told early on where he allowed fear to take over for 5 seconds, then he went and did his thing in surgery.

Jenniehoo
06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
god, i'd forgotten about the bai ling episode. that was atrocious.

i vote for no more horrible tattoos in season 5.

Oh yeah. That was bad. There are some episodes where I'm like "eh" but this season had both the episode about Daniel and time travel and NOW THIS.

I just watched the finale. Finally. Holy moses. That was nuts. I've read through everyone's comments and here are my additional questions:

wtf is up with the dude and the eyeliner? Other than possibly Ben, he's the only one that we see that never ages. Pretty much 50 years (at least) and no aging. I get that they're time traveling, etc. But does that mean all of those other "Others" are possibly hundreds of years old because they've been following the leader before Ben (Horace?), then Ben, and now presumably Locke? If that's so, then why the hell isn't Jacob speaking to them?! They've been around long enough.

The Sun and Jin storyline bores me often, but it was easily the most emotional thing in this episode. I also cried when Sawyer jumped off the plane. It's just the last thing you'd expect from flat character Sawyer, but after you follow his arc or whatever it's perfect.

I think it's evident that the wheel was in place before Dharma and it's all tied together as a Buddhist concept - there are markings on the walls and on poles when Ben descends into the hole where the wheel is. They're pictograms or something - I think they're present to indicate that the power of this island has been known since primitive people lived there - if that's the case, then how are Adam and Eve really Adam and Eve at all? It suggests that people lived there and knew about the power way before their entrance or exit.

Hmmm...I had more, but I can't think of them. This show is incredible. I don't want to wait for next season.

woogie846
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
That youtube video was taken down, what was it?

Jenniehoo
06-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Shoes.

ivankay
06-05-2008, 09:53 PM
That youtube video was taken down, what was it?

It was a new corespondent on the Daily Show there to talk about the Democratic primaries and his thoughts on it. Viacom is doing their thing with youtube. i tried to watch the clip on Comedy Central's site (http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=171031&title=lost), but was having issues.

wait. here it is:

<embed FlashVars='videoId=171031' src='http://www.thedailyshow.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

tessalasset
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I just watched the finale again and cried like a baby again at Sun and this time when Penny reunited with Desmond. I cried even before the boat blew up, just in anticipation. Fuck I love this show. I think I'm gonna start watching it from the beginning with my friend Grant. See what I missed.

fikus222
06-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I just watched the finale again and cried like a baby again at Sun and this time when Penny reunited with Desmond. I cried even before the boat blew up, just in anticipation. Fuck I love this show. I think I'm gonna start watching it from the beginning with my friend Grant. See what I missed.

I totally recommend watching them all again. I did so for the 3rd time all the way through during the writer's strike. It is the best way to make some of the connections, plus you start to notice them re-using set locations. For instance Desmond's Abbey is also Charlie's confessional church and Daniel's college.

BobCaygeon
06-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Somebody on the Lostpedia boards is holding a one-per-day rewatch, timed so that you finish season 3 the day before the season 4 DVD is released.

http://forum.lostpedia.com/showthread.php?t=14020

tessalasset
06-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Fikus, I didn't realize that place was Desmond's Abbey. It's also Eko's church where he makes a confession. Not the church Yemi works. That whole complex actually has a few different churches in it. It's really pretty. There's a school there, too.

Courtney
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Desmond's Abbey is also Charlie's confessional church and Daniel's college.

Wait, is it really? I think Charlie's church and Daniel's college were both filmed at St Paul's Church in Honolulu, but from my recollection that didn't look much like Desmond's Abbey. If I re-watch that episode, I'll have to take a closer look.

BobCaygeon
06-17-2008, 05:01 AM
DarkUFO (a Lost blog) runs a fantasy league each year. You pick characters, and you get points whenever something happens with them like they're in a flashback (+10), they encounter a polar bear (+50), or they beat somebody up (-10).

I signed up for the heck of it.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2008/06/announcing-season-5-darkufo-lost.html

I wasn't into Lost this time last year, so I obviously didn't enter the season 4 league.

chairmenmeow47
06-17-2008, 08:58 AM
DarkUFO (a Lost blog) runs a fantasy league each year. You pick characters, and you get points whenever something happens with them like they're in a flashback (+10), they encounter a polar bear (+50), or they beat somebody up (-10).

I signed up for the heck of it.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2008/06/announcing-season-5-darkufo-lost.html

I wasn't into Lost this time last year, so I obviously didn't enter the season 4 league.

that seems kinda rad!!!! last season would have been a lot of fun since there was so much suspense with the flashfowards.

i think i want to re-watch from the beginning this summer when i magically have time to do so.

bartelby
06-17-2008, 09:37 AM
the wife and i have been watching season 4 again (she's catching up) and its amazing how much stuff i have picked up on watching these episodes for the 2nd time

and, cause i haven't posted on it yet, WOW was that an awesome finale...

tessalasset
06-17-2008, 04:51 PM
i think i want to re-watch from the beginning this summer when i magically have time to do so.
just started that last night. haha. it's gonna be a long fuckin haul.

BobCaygeon
06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
just started that last night. haha. it's gonna be a long fuckin haul.

We polished off all three seasons in about two months. The hard part was trying to keep everything straight as season four was in progress at the same time. (I was catching up to everyone else in the family.)

Young blood
06-19-2008, 08:07 AM
took them long enough...email.

Octagon Global Recruiting

Octagon Global Recruiting, on behalf of the Dharma Initiative, would like to thank you for registering your expression of interest in our latest volunteer recruitment drive.

We will be launching in San Diego on July 24th at Comic-Con International offering select registrants the opportunity to take an exciting aptitude test that will give applicants the chance to demonstrate their unique talents.

The Dharma Initiative hopes you will be able to join us to find out more about their ground-breaking new research project. We will contact you closer to the date with more information.

For those not able to join us in San Diego, Dharma's full recruitment program will be made available online to registered recruits after July 27th.

In the meantime, the Dharma Initiative urges you to spread the word. Invite your colleagues to join the team at www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com and take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Courtney
06-19-2008, 08:34 AM
While in New York City this past weekend, every time I heard a taxi driving around the corner with its fare meter spitting out a receipt, it made me think of the black smoke monster thing. I had not previously realized where they pulled the sound effects from.

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 08:43 AM
While in New York City this past weekend, every time I heard a taxi driving around the corner with its fare meter spitting out a receipt, it made me think of the black smoke monster thing. I had not previously realized where they pulled the sound effects from.

that's crazy. we don't have many cabs here, so i'd never know that, lol.

does this mean you had the interview? i think we need an update in the girls thread, *hint, hint* :)

Sushov23
06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
anyone know where I can watch this show for free online?

Courtney
06-19-2008, 11:06 AM
anyone know where I can watch this show for free online?

http://abc.go.com/player/

It's even legal!

Sushov23
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
thanks, I didn't know ABC had a free online stream of the show.

Courtney
06-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah, it's actually quite an extensive resource. They offer different sizes/resolutions depending on your connection speed, and even have some episodes where you can watch with a director commentary audio track. Although I have to admit that I haven't explored the latter at all.

Sushov23
06-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I was at a wedding this past weekend, and my cousins are hooked on LOST, and they asked me if I had ever seen an episode. I hadn't, and I watched the first 2 episodes and I was hooked. So I want to catch up little by little now.

Sushov23
06-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I was at a wedding this past weekend, and my cousins are hooked on LOST, and they asked me if I had ever seen an episode. I hadn't, and I watched the first 2 episodes and I was hooked. So I want to catch up little by little now.

chairmenmeow47
06-19-2008, 12:00 PM

welcome to the lost side!!!

and if the online thing doesn't work for you, you can always rent or borrow the dvds from someone. i've tried watching the shows online; however i don't think my computer is quite fast enough for that because it always seems like there's a slight delay between the audio and their lips moving.

Barbara, the ninja
06-23-2008, 11:56 PM
http://3.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/1/1/collegehumor.9d54b2517f26529bf695f961eef8a07c.jpg

Just thought this was really funny. It was a guy's essay final. I thought he did a great job.

leo01g
06-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I've actually seen shittier essays here at UCI no joke
that one was funny though

Boourns
06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
That's even worse than my 11th grade essay comparing the end of the American Revolution to the Battle of Endor.

Yes, I really did do this in the 11th grade.

Sushov23
06-24-2008, 01:13 AM
LOL. THAT is funny, does anyone have the one with all the funny test jokes?