PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

ivankay
03-16-2008, 09:22 PM
my Sawyer nickname is SPACEBAR.

andnonewasthewiser
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
It's definitely a Sun flashforward and Jin flashback. The dragon/older hair style/cell phone/2 months married is too much to ignore.

As for Hurley, I'm thinking it was definitely before he went to the nut house. I base this solely on the fact that if he was in the asylum, they wouldn't let him out to visit a friend.

fikus222
03-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, once Hurley leaves the nut house he is going to be trying his best to get back to the Island.

chairmenmeow47
03-17-2008, 01:47 PM
whoa

just did the Sawyer Nickname thing and i did get chairman mao

that is awesome! i wish i would have gotten chairman mao :(

and yeah, i was the idiot who didn't know it was a FB and not a FF. stupid gimmicky lost!!! i watched it again and i'm glad i did. i also think he'll actually be dead.

i kinda wonder if they're going to kill off a bunch of people soon just to simplify the story lines.

bballarl
03-17-2008, 07:28 PM
My Sawyer nickname was The Best Person Ever.

sddoctor
03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
This episode did bring up a lot of questions though. I know that Desmonds episode was all about answers and thats what makes this show great for me.

Here are some good questions brought up from a lost blog...

[I]Crouching Dragon, Hidden Panda
Everybody Loves a panda!!! Especially when you really, really need one. Because that’s when a panda is most likely to be there for you, right? Right. Because as far as I’m concerned, the panda sure as shit wasn’t there the first time around.

What the hell am I talking about? I’m talking about the fact that Jin can walk straight up to a store clerk who happens to be standing in front of a giant panda and somehow NOT see it. He asks for a panda and the clerk whisks him off to an aisle of plush dolls to uncover the secret hidden ‘last’ panda. And after Jin loses it in a Mr. Bean-esque series of trips, drops, and fist-shaking mishaps… he returns to the store only to discover a second giant panda resting next to a dragon on the shelf behind the clerk –right where a dragon (and only a dragon) existed just a minute ago.

There is a black and white stuffed animal behind the clerk when jin is paying for the first panda. This is your mysterious hidden panda. Re-watch...it's over the clerk's right shoulder, left side of the screen, when the clerk says "everyone loves a panda"....you can clearly see it when jin is leaving the store, in the frame of the clerk after jin says "i understand" to the person on the phone.

BeHereNOW
03-17-2008, 10:04 PM
thinking that something its pretty obvious on Lost is retarded =p

tessalasset
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
good call

thestripe
03-18-2008, 03:56 AM
My Sawyer nickname is Skeeter. Oh, and I also think Jin is dead.

Young blood
03-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Long winded I know...not my theroy...

The craft of this particular episode deserves much praise. Designing an effective twist ending such as this one will always present a difficult challenge in any medium. Writers need to strike a delicate balance: preserve the surprise for the most opportune moment, but still remain honest with the viewer. The finest examples of these types of stories leave ambiguous clues along the way, elements that can be interpreted one way on the first viewing, and then take on a much different meaning on subsequent viewings.

Throughout Jin's storyline, this episode presented a series of clues to indicate that his scenes were flashbacks. The camera calls attention to Jin's outdated cellular phone, and the store clerk refers to the Year of the Dragon (2000 on Chinese calendars). The chronology was jumbled further, in such a way that the audience sees Jin rushing to the hospital before the scene in which Sun tries to notify him. Sunís flashes even included a brief glimpse of Nikki from Exposť, as a hint that a similar surprise ending might be in store.

The most revealing clue of all though should have Jinís behavior. Jin remarks that he has become a much different man on the island than he once was before it. The 2004 Jin is a thoughtful and devoted husband, while the 2000 Jin is a cold-hearted man driven by ambition. His flashbacks highlighted not his need to be with his wife, but his need to acquire a material object, the stuffed panda. Jin explains that the panda is not a sign of his affection for Sun, but "a symbol of Mr. Paik's eagerness to do business in the great country of China". Along his way towards completing this service to the Paik empire, Jin bribes, intimidates, threatens to kill a man, and he even flirts with a nurse afterward. Regardless of these differences, Daniel Dae Kim somehow succeeded in his portrayal of these two different personalities, while he still maintained the necessary illusion of playing the same character throughout.

Ultimately, the episode concluded with the surprising revelation that Jin did not escape the island safely with Sun. In general, there are two different varieties of Ďtwist endingsí to stories. A twist ending can be used either be used just for its own sake, or it can be used due to creative necessity, to highlight artistic themes that could not be addressed otherwise. The aforementioned episode of the fictional television show Exposť provides a classic example of the first type of story. Nikki's gratuitous death on that show punctuated the big reveal that the LaShade (Billy Dee Williams) was the criminal mastermind known as the Cobra. The other variety of twist is more similar to the conclusions of Lost episodes such as Walkabout or Through the Looking Glass, in which the ending reveals the very core of the episodeís themes. Was the purpose of this particular story merely to set the audience up for a big razzle-dazzle, "Gotcha!" payoff? Were the artistic goals of Ji Yeon no different from Zuckermanís Exposť (to be "like Baywatch only better")? Or, did this episode move beyond pure trickery to express something much more enduring?

For one thing, the ending to Ji Yeon was nowhere near as straightforward as it might have initially appeared. One element of this story is certain: Jin is somewhere far apart from Sun in her flash forward. Now, the heavily debated issue will become much like the question Matthew Abbadon once posed to Hurley: is Jin still alive? The episode leaves open two perfectly valid interpretations for these events: either Jin died or Jin remains stranded on the island. Sun still wears her wedding ring, and she desperately tried to stop the doctors from removing it. The pain of childbirth put her into a state of emotional distress, in which she began calling out for her lost husband, even though she knew his presence was impossible. At the end of the episode, Sun and Hurley take the baby to "visit him" at Jin's graveyard memorial. She speaks to the stone there as if it were Jin: ďI wish you couldíve been there. [Ö] I miss you so muchĒ. The memorial incorrectly lists the date of Jinís death as September 22, 2004, the same day of the 815 plane crash, which indicates that Jin is not buried in the cemetery. All of these facts are worth noting, but none of them offer any definitive proof one way or another.

This development creates a unique new situation for Jinís character in future episodes. One of the most common complaints against the introduction of flash-forwards has been that knowledge of future outcomes removes much of the showís dramatic tension. In Jinís case, though, the flash-forward now creates the exact opposite effect. Jin now exists on the show in an uncertain state between life and death. Somewhere in Korea, there is a tombstone with Jinís name on it. Watching Jin on the island again will feel similar to seeing a ghost. In many ways, the viewer now experiences the same predicament in which Desmond found himself during Season Three. We suspect that something horrible will happen to Jin, but we do not know exactly when or exactly how this situation will play out. To an even greater extent than Desmond, though, the audience is now completely powerless to prevent this future.

Like so many other unanswered questions on Lost, the show probably will not reveal the literal answer to this episode's central question for a significant period of time. We do not know whether Jinís body will be physically alive by the time of Sun's flash forward in 2005. Even so, the episode as a whole presents several other possible conceptions of Jin's life to consider. On the island, Jin promised Sun: ďIíll do everything it takes to protect you and the baby. [Ö] And you will never lose me.Ē Has Jin lived up to those promises? Even though Jin and Sun are hopelessly separated, in what sense can we say that Jin is still alive in the world? The answer to this question depends on the ultimate meaning of what constitutes Jinís life.

One possible way in which we can view Jinís life is not as his physical body, but as a collection of moments in time. The flashbacks in this episode remind us that there are many moments in Jinís life other than those shown onscreen. If the makers of Lost so chose, they could broadcast many more stories about the old Jin, alive and well in the past. If we regard the year 2000 as the present, then Jin is still alive in Korea, running errands for Mr. Paik while running his marriage into the ground. Even if Jin died in 2004, Jin still continues to live in these other moments throughout time. (For a more detailed discussion of this idea, check out the prior Luhks commentary on The Constant, entitled "The Heart and the Head".)

Television itself serves as an effective analogy for this nonlinear concept of time. Consider the image of Nikki shown during Sunís flash-forward scenes. The frame itself contains several shades of life and death. At that moment in the universe of Exposť, Nikkiís character is alive and about to be killed immediately after. In the universe of Lost, actress Nikki Fernandez is dead even though a moment from her life is being portrayed on Sunís television. In real life, actress Kiele Sanchez is alive, while a moment from her life is being relived on all of our TV screens. From a certain perspective, Nikki will always be Ďaliveí somewhere in that moment. Long after all of the characters and actors from Lost perish, each of them will continue to live in many moments in the past, and all of us will be able to revive some of those moments on our screens.

A different perspective on Jin's life comes from the genetic sense of his existence. We can think of Jin, or any person in the world, as a unique collection of DNA. When Jin and Sun conceived their child, they created a new life, one that contains half of Jinís genes and half of Sunís genes. Upon seeing her for the first time, Hurley comments that ďShe looks just like JinĒ. Genetically, Ji Yeon not only resembles Jin, but a large part of her is Jin. Every human life represents a miracle in some sense, and Ji Yeonís existence is a much more improbable occurrence than most. The Kwons crash-landed on the only place on earth in which they could conceive a child. Later, Sun became perhaps the first pregnant woman to escape and to deliver her child safely off the island. Only this remarkable chain of events could have produced a living embodiment of Sunís genes and Jinís genes. Whenever Sun looks at her daughter, she will see not only a reflection of herself, but also her lost husband. Jin will continue to live in the form of his daughter, and he will become a part of any of her descendents. (This idea applies to other characters on the island as well. The deceased Christian Shephard, for instance, remains physically alive on the island inside the bodies of his children Jack, Claire, and his grandson Aaron.) Every human body will eventually perish, but each one of us has the ability to live on forever through our children.

We can also conceive of Jinís life not as a collection of cells, but as an idea. Although Sun's husband is absent, the idea of Jin remains very much alive in her mind. She clings to her wedding ring, because it holds symbolic value for her, as a token of their unbreakable union. The rational part of Sun's mind knows that Jin is gone, but even her mind became confused and believed that Jin might be present beside her in labor. (This scene is not the first instance in which a character experienced this type of confusion. Recall also Jackís comments about his father in his own flash forward.) The idea of Jinís existence will continue to impact Ji Yeonís life as well as Sun's. Sun fulfills Jinís wishes for the child's preferred name, and she will continue to honor his intentions by raising her in the way both of them would have wanted. This idea holds great significance for other departed characters as well. For instance, Charlie died without any children of his own, but the idea of Charlie continues to live on inside the memories of the living. Uncle Hurley will one day pass on to Ji Yeon the memory of Jin and Charlie, because she would not exist without their bravery. These lost souls will continue to have life, as long as other people continue to remember them.

In perhaps the episodeís strongest scene, Bernard introduces yet another concept that suggests the possibility of life after death. (In an ironic twist, Bernard discusses Locke in this scene, while he himself seems to have transformed into the Locke we once knew from Season One. Bernard acts as the wise mentor, who offers perspective to help a character return to the right path.) Bernard guides Jin to make the right choices his marital crisis, by appealing to the religious concept of karma:

BERNARD: Itís all about karma, Jin. You know karma? You make bad choices, bad things happen to you. You make good choices, then good Ö [Jin catches a fish.] Wow! Look, now you see. Now thatís karma. We must be the good guys, huh?

This notion of karma has lurked in the background throughout the series. For instance, Sawyer's story in Outlaws suggested that past deeds would "come back around" in one form or another. In the episode Exodus, Sun even suggested that Fate was punishing the people on the island for past sins. Bernard in this scene finally mentions karma by name. He describes karma only in the laymanís sense of the word, which carries a different connotation than the term's original meaning.

Karma represents a central idea in a number of Eastern religions, most notably Hinduism. The word karma literally denotes the sum total of a personís actions. Unlike Bernardís explanation of karma, Hinduism does not preach precisely that good things will happen in a person's lifetime if they make good choices. Instead, karma plays the deciding force in a personís reincarnation. Each person's soul (atman) will continue to be reborn into different bodies, and karma determines the new states of being through which they will progress. Eventually, after a series of rebirths, a person can ascend to the state of final salvation (moksha). Perhaps we can apply this idea of reincarnation directly into the story of Lost. If we accept the Hindu idea of reincarnation, then any characters who die on Lost do not perish completely, but their souls move on to different bodies. Some viewers have suggested that, during the Season One episode Do No Harm, Booneís body died, but his soul was reincarnated into the body of Aaron. Even if Jin did indeed die on the island, religion offers hope that Jinís soul might continue to exist in some different form.

Perhaps the most memorable image of this episode will be the massive, majestic trees growing in the Korean graveyard. This visual reminded me of the 2006 feature film, The Fountain, from director Darren Aronofsky. Essentially, The Fountain is a love story between a husband and wife, told across three different time periods a thousand years apart. The stories contain many echoes of Eastern and Western religions, to explore the true nature of life and death. Aronofskyís film questions whether death itself can be viewed an act of creation:

ďRemember Moses Morales? The Mayan guide I told you about. Yeah. The last night I was with him, he told me about his father, who had died. Well Moses wouldn't believe it. No, no. Listen, listen. He said that if they dug his father's body up, it would be gone. They planted a seed over his grave. The seed became a tree. Moses said his father became a part of that tree. He grew into the wood, into the bloom. And when a sparrow ate the tree's fruit, his father flew with the birds. He said... death was his father's road to awe. That's what he called it. The road to awe.Ē (Izzi Creo, The Fountain)

This echo of The Fountain in Ji Yeon could be intentional or coincidental. Regardless, the thematic, structural, and even visual similarities between the two works are remarkable. The Fountain offers us yet another explanation for the possibility of life after death on Lost. This idea of immortality is not quite the same as the Hindu concept of reincarnation, but it falls somewhere in between a physical and a spiritual rebirth. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, but the building blocks of our existence will be recycled over and over in life and death. Right now on the island, the molecules which once composed the body of Mr. Eko are being broken down and eventually will become part of the jungle. Even though Jin is not literally buried underneath these trees, any person who dies eventually will become one with the earth and will one day be a part of new life.

Near the conclusion of the episode, Jin himself introduces perhaps an even more provocative viewpoint on the true nature of his life. Maybe it is wrong even to think of Jin as a single entity. During his climactic discussion with Sun, Jin refers to his existence not as the life of one man, but as two different men living in the same body at different times.

JIN: I know why you did it. I know the man I used to be. Before this island, I withheld my affections. And I know that, whatever you did, you did to that man. His actions caused this.

Every individual undergoes constant changes throughout life. No person is ever exactly the same person they were a moment ago. Memories change continuously. In the physical sense, the human body itself even replaces all of its cells every seven years. As the audience, we tend to perceive the Jin on the island as the Ďrealí Jin, and to forgive him for his past. Jinís flashback scenes in this episode call into question whether that perception is ultimately true. The Old Jin followed a dubious path for a full four years of his marriage. The New Jin has managed to become a model husband on the island, but for a period of only a few months. Is either one of these Jins any more real than the other? Do Jinís past actions even matter anymore, or should we only care about his eventual state in the present?

Jinís discussion of his life as two distinct men holds even greater significance for another character: Michael Dawson, who returned to Lost for the first time since the Season Two finale. For a few fateful days, Michael became a murderer and a traitor. Now he has spent weeks living a new life under an assumed name. The name Kevin Johnson serves not only as a plot necessity, but also as a symbol of his new life after the island. Desmond, who made the phrase "See you in another life" famous, actually regards the man in front of him as Kevin Johnson. Sayid might have taken his hand not only to conceal Michaelís secret, but perhaps also as a gesture of forgiveness and his acceptance of Kevin Johnsonís new life. (Sayid understands Michael's situation better than anyone. He himself once committed the same act: he betrayed his people, murdered an innocent Iraqi soldier, and wounded himself in order to free Nadia.) Perhaps the timing of Michael's murders marks the most significant difference between his story and the stories of all of Lostís other murderers, such as Sayid. By habit, we tend to judge characters based on their actions in 2004, the Ďpresentí. Most of the other main characters completed the darkest chapters of their lives before the island, but Michael/Kevin currently remains in that horrible stage of his own journey. The audience can forgive 2004 Jin for the actions of 2000 Jin. Will we eventually be able to forgive Kevin Johnson for the actions of Michael Dawson?

Since the very first episodes of Lost, many fans have conjectured that the entire series might become one overarching metaphor for the afterlife. Even after three and a half seasons of development, the notion that all the characters died still persists on some level. Episode 4.07 includes a sinister reminder that there are 324 dead bodies resting somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. Although the Island itself is something much different from Purgatory, the show continues to question the very nature of a person's life and death. Science, philosophy, and religion all offer different ways for us to approach this subject, but ultimately none of us has any idea what happens after death.

A work of art such as Lost might be the most honest way to describe this human predicament. At the end of the episode Ji Yeon, the audience has no way to know for certain whether Sun and her daughter will ever see Jin again. Maybe all of our lost loved ones have not perished completely from existence, but maybe they are merely waiting for us to join them, on an island somewhere in the universe.

Blinken
03-19-2008, 10:29 AM
That is a great read.

chairmenmeow47
03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
i agree, great read!!! though, i had to stop at the part about the fountain cause it's still on my dvr to be watched...

it's amazing how much i enjoy reading and discussing lost though. the only other TV show i was ever this excited about was the simpsons.

tessalasset
03-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I wish more people wrote about Lost that way.

wmgaretjax
03-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I wish more people wrote about Lost that way.

I'm going to write my thesis on it, in glowing terms while comparing the emotional prowess to that of Sixteen Candles.

Young blood
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm going to write my thesis on it, in glowing terms while comparing the emotional prowess to that of Sixteen Candles.

Does it claim to be more than what it is? I think you have your arrogant shaded scarf wrapped around your neck to tight.

wmgaretjax
03-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Does it claim to be more than what it is? I think you have your arrogant shaded scarf wrapped around your neck to tight.

Whoa whoa whoa. You totally misunderstood me. I love the show.

Young blood
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
You wanna fight?

wmgaretjax
03-19-2008, 02:14 PM
You wanna fight?

Thumb war? OK. But I warn you, I have irregularly large hands. Just so you know what you are getting into...

Young blood
03-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Its cool, my hand is metal.

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 08:24 AM
So tonights our last episode for like a month isn't it? One more thing making the end of April seem decades away.

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2008, 08:29 AM
So tonights our last episode for like a month isn't it? One more thing making the end of April seem decades away.

i know, *cries*

it's like lost knew i would be out of town next week, lol. i also start school in april again, which is of course on a thursday. i ALWAYS have class on lost night, never fails >:o

i hope we get some michael FF, FB. i wonder if he'll be an oceanic 6....

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 08:47 AM
My guess is he won't be, he's going under an assumed name at this point, and trying to sneak back to the island? Seems like he'd avoid that kind of press, although one would assume the same of Kate, so maybe they don't get a chance. But even more-so, if he was one of the six, that would mean Walt wasn't. It really doesn't seem likely that he'd leave without Walt.

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
My guess is he won't be, he's going under an assumed name at this point, and trying to sneak back to the island? Seems like he'd avoid that kind of press, although one would assume the same of Kate, so maybe they don't get a chance. But even more-so, if he was one of the six, that would mean Walt wasn't. It really doesn't seem likely that he'd leave without Walt.

good point. what if walt already left though? i mean, we saw him on the island, but we also saw charlie at the mental institution with hurley so who freaking knows. if walt's on the island, he'll probably try to go back there. but what if walt somehow made it back to the "real world"?

tonight's episode should be interesting, i can't wait!!!

Young blood
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Seriously? Last one til April. NOOOOooo! I hope tonights episode is great. Not to say ths season has had a bad episode. I love this show. There is so much depth if you want to look for it. I hope the writers come out with a DVD wth commentary discussing all the different references (books, movies, people, places, ect.) on the show after its over.

I also have theory on who is in the coffin...

BeHereNOW
03-20-2008, 09:07 AM
whats that theory Young?
too scared to tell? =p

Young blood
03-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Dont read....

Its Walt. Thats why Jack is so upset. It was his one last real chance to get back to the island other than finding Ben. It was also Walt in the old ladies house. She took on walt after Michael was forced by Ben to work for him. He was "set-up" in drug dealing. Thats why no one was at his funeral the old lady was pissed that he had done wrong. Walt was LOST he wanted to make things right with the old lady thats why he was still in her home in Spirit.

BeHereNOW
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
naah, you think?

i liked the other theory you posted better... who wrote that one btw? the long one, post #1264

tessalasset
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
No way dude. The way Kate said "Why would I go to the funeral??" with such a sneer on her face - there's no way she was talking about Walt. It had to have been Michael.

Cancersticks - I don't think Michael can be one of the Oceanic Six because it seems like the real world doesn't know he was on the plane. I think the "Oceanic Six" has more to do with public perception than anything.

Young blood
03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I thought we knew the six?

I think it was Michaels goal to get back to island at all costs even if it was to work for Ben kind of like Sayid. I also think that kate felt abandoned by Michael and Walt hence the sneer.

Blinken
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I don't think she would feel abandoned by Walt, only Micheal. It was not Walt that Libby and Ana Lucia, it was Micheal.

Young blood
03-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Kate has changed since being home. They all have. Why would she go to his funeral?

Why wouldn't she could also be the question I guess.

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2008, 09:58 AM
if walt were in the coffin, why would the newspaper clipping read that j lantham (or whatever people have deciphered the name to be) was survived by his son? it would be extremely unlikely that walt had a kid off the island.

i think walt may be the spirit in the old ladies house. which would support my theory that michael is one of the 6. i know most people believe the 6 are done, but i don't so that's why i keep talking about it, lol. i don't believe aaron counts and i also believe there may be other people who get off, but aren't counted as the "six". we know this because we've seen ben for example, so it's just as possible that others get off without the publicity too.

but what if michael has to be a spy for ben in order for walt to make it back to the real world? walt would live with his grandmother or great aunt or whoever that was, ultimately die, his trouble spirit is set free from the grandmother's house and then his spirit would visit locke on the island.

if walt makes it off the island, you can bet michael will do whatever it takes to find walt. just like if walt is actually on the island, michael will do whatever it takes to get back to the island. we don't really know where walt is, so it's hard to speculate on what michael will do since his actions are so largely fueld by his desire to care for walt.

so if walt does get off the island, i believe michael could be counted as an oceanic 6, or he could secretly get off with the help of ben. if he secretly gets off as a result of ben, i think this would increase the probablity that michael is in the coffin because the lack of people at his funeral would make more sense. he would have an assumed name (michael would have been on the manifest) and would have been working in secret, and therefore no one would care if he died. the spite from kate would make more sense too. there's no way in hell kate is going to get all bitchy about a freaking child dying when she's become a mother herself.

i'm not sold on the idea that michael is in the coffin, but those are my thoughts as to why walt is not...

Young blood
03-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I read a very important line to tonights show that changes everything. I think its the last line of tonights episode. I will not post it but t'will blow you away and change all theories.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM
AWESOME

Prediction: Juliet bites it

Jenniehoo
03-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I hope you're right and I hope you're wrong. I've come to like her a lot more as the show's progressed and they've made her a more full character. But the gall of a mid-series boob job upsets me on a very basic level - and for that...she must die.

Are we sure that Michael is masquerading and wasn't brainwashed? I'm sure that's brought up somewhere so I apologize - I'm going fast on my lunch break.

I have a sinking feeling that either Desmond or the newfound Michael is going to die (never knowing he was Michael).

Young blood
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
its still michael he just needed to hide his identity as to not swim with the fishys if anyone found out.

Jenniehoo
03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
INVOLUNTARILY BRAINWASHED. Remember the Clockwork Orange shit that the Others were pulling? I don't think he knows who he is...

...but you are very smart so I'll defer to you. Even though if I'm right I'll come on here and do the I told you so dance.

Young blood
03-20-2008, 11:34 AM
You should do it anyways and just claim it as your own opinion.

....If I was right,cuz If you are right Im claiming your opinion as my own.

Jenniehoo
03-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll edit every post to say: HE WASN'T BRAINWASHED HE NOOOOES THAT HE IS MICHAEL LMAO!

Young blood
03-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I told you to say that.

I claim everyones thoughts in this thread as my own!

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
CURSE YOU, YOUNG BLOOD, CURSE YOUUUUUUUUU!

i want to know the last line now, DAMNIT!!! I HAVE TO WAIT ALMOST 8 HOURS!!! >:o

i guess michael could be brainwashed, that would change everything too. *sigh* guess we'll see...

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
You're all wrong, it's actually the smoke monster wearing a Michael suit... Or a polar bear.

fikus222
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
The producers said that tonight's episode ends with a quasi-cliff hanger (big surprise there), which is why they were ok with the writer's strike affecting this season where it did.

No way that it was Walt in the coffin or the ghost at that lady's house.

The ghost scene was to introduce us to Miles...same as the polar bear/Anthropologist, oceanic hotline/Pilot, crying/Daniel and mission briefing/Naomi scenes.

Michael in the coffin does raise questions as to how he gets back to the states. If he was a known survivor than there should have been some media coverage of the 'viewing.'

BeHereNOW
03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
But the gall of a mid-series boob job upsets me on a very basic level - and for that...she must die.

beautiful......

duck lips can be stressing for sure....
how 'bout that kiss with jack at the end of that other episode when she was fighting charlotte?

kiss --> sick
catfight --> great

catfight > kiss =p

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-20-2008, 01:40 PM
But the gall of a mid-series boob job upsets me on a very basic level - and for that...she must die.

Did she really? Anyways, ever since this season began I've envisioned a situation where Ben takes her out. Now I'm starting to believe it even more. I don't think there's too much more to tell about her through flashbacks, and since Ben is becoming more and more prominent (and more and more forthcoming, unless Charles Widmore is a red herring), her character serves less and less of a purpose, beyond working as the third wheel between Jack and Kate. Her death won't really hold the series back the way killing Locke or Ben would, and it would be a decent shock, and a nice capper on the relationship between Ben and Juliet. I don't think they're going to kill Claire or Jin, because those would be too obvious and they'll probably want to keep us hanging as long as possible on the explanations behind those mysteries. I don't think they'll kill Miles without at least trying to explain his supernatural gifts or more of his motivation. And it would be just lame to kill Michael, but maybe they will.

fikus222
03-20-2008, 01:44 PM
The trick is to kill someone who we care about (a person who is not one of the main-main characters) or to kill someone whose death will provide further illumination/plot devices.

I just don't see Juliet's death in the near future.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
That sounds like Juliet to me. Not main-main, yet people care about her. Plus, the fact that her last flashback told us more about Ben than Juliet suggests to me that there isn't that much more to learn about her.

captncrzy
03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I read a very important line to tonights show that changes everything. I think its the last line of tonights episode. I will not post it but t'will blow you away and change all theories.

Where can i read this?

fikus222
03-20-2008, 01:52 PM
That sounds like Juliet to me. Not main-main, yet people care about her. Plus, the fact that her last flashback told us more about Ben than Juliet suggests to me that there isn't that much more to learn about her.

It would be a death initiated by Ben, but he has a proprietary hold over her right now. This leads me to believe that he will keep her around for awhile longer. She isn't with future Jack, so I bet she bites it at some point in the following seasons.

chairmenmeow47
03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
The trick is to kill someone who we care about (a person who is not one of the main-main characters) or to kill someone whose death will provide further illumination/plot devices.

I just don't see Juliet's death in the near future.

i don't either, but it's freaking lost so who knows. she does seem a bit useless though, so if she does get killed soon, i don't think it will be quite as dramatic as charlie's death. i'd definitely like to see duck lips go, though her character has gotten more interesting, she still annoys me.

also, i think it's funny that they wanted to kill jack in the first episode just to have the hero die. i'm glad they didn't, i like jack, but i kinda laugh when i see jack sometimes thinking about how they wanted to kill him off just for the shock value.

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah, the wanting to kill Jack thing kind of negates their insistencies that they've know all along where the show was going.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh come on, it's not like the whole arc of the show just downloaded itself into their heads. Obviously there was a time when they were figuring it out and devising it. The idea of killing Jack was just a byproduct of that process.

fikus222
03-20-2008, 04:56 PM
A little napalm will fix that pesky island in a jiffy.

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 06:02 PM
oh snap

thestripe
03-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Tonights episode sucked.

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I really liked it actually. Despite having always hated Michael.

bliss209
03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
oh please say it isnt so!!! your gonna make me go read the cast list to see who is gonna be on the episode tonight before it even starts!!
they better give me something!!

and that cant be walt in the coffin or the house.With Miles,didnt all of that take place before he came to the island?

and i wanna know why no one on the frieghter recognizes Michael...... especially with all of their combined knowledge about everyone on the plane!!?? I'm sure some of them have seen pictures of the people on the manifest?

uuggghhhh......10 mins till the "enahnced" repeate episode from last week before the new episode.

bliss209
03-20-2008, 07:05 PM
OMG!!! i dont even get my "enhanced" episode!!??? WTF

i give up..... whatever......it was Locke , in the barracks with the candlestick right?

Young blood
03-20-2008, 07:16 PM
1. Awesome eps.

2. It was a miles flash forward.

3. It has to be walt in the coffin. Why? cuz I want to be right.

4. Say WHAT! ending.

5. Widmore doesnt care about the people on the boat. He has found the island and wants them all too kill each other.

6. Libby?

7. DUDE IS GAY! HAYYYYYYYYyyyy!

fikus222
03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
How lame, they get a captive Lost audience prepared for the Jin episode and then they bust out with a sh!tty episode from some crap happy new series. Thought that we would stick around and watch it anyway, ha !!!

captncrzy
03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Good episode!

Can't be Walt in the coffin; it says that the dead is survived by a teenage son in the obit.

Young blood
03-20-2008, 08:18 PM
identity theft yo.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-20-2008, 09:07 PM

So was the line not in this episode or something?

Blinken
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Yeah, i was wondering the same thing

fikus222
03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
- First of all, according to the "wait one month preview" shown after tonight's episode Aaron is an Oceanic 6.

- Secondly. I think the Others shot Rousseau and Carl. I might be wrong, since they have never used silencers in the past. They may have used them this time so as to not give away their positions to the deadly Rousseau.

- Third, how soon after reaching New York did Michael crash his car ? Not that it really matters, it was just presented weird in the whole flashback sequences.

- Fourth, they alluded that Tom was gay, how novel.

- Fifth, is the Captain in the employ of Ben ? I ask because I don't think Ben would place all of his hopes for the island's salvation on an erratic Michael.

One month of waiting ahead of us and a new time, 10pm. Probably to allow for that new lame series.

Sexecutioner
03-20-2008, 09:43 PM
damnit, i want to know who shot them in the jungle. i dont think it was the others...why would the others shoot them? seemed like they werent tying to hit the girl though. i think its some of widmore's peeps.

and yea, i noticed they counted aaron as one of the six also.

this episode wasnt bad. it wasnt great either though. from the previews, it looks like the 2nd half of the season is gonna be pretty bad ass!

fikus222
03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
damnit, i want to know who shot them in the jungle. i dont think it was the others...why would the others shoot them? seemed like they werent tying to hit the girl though. i think its some of widmore's peeps.

When the house meeting was breaking up they made a point of showing Ben watching Carl's hand on Alex's midriff.

Ben is afraid of Carl getting Alex preggers and with the potential for Rousseau to take Alex away, Ben would want to get rid of the two of them asap.

So he sent them along a path to the Temple, one that his band of merry folk would be watching and mayhap he notified them with the radio that they just so happened to show us this evening and they were ambushed.

Of course they did make a point to have Ben exclaim that he was not a wanton killer, so we shall see.

Oh yeah, the Temple was marked on the map Ben gave them with a Dharma sigul. I would have thought the Temple was a bit older than Dharma, like 4 toed older.

ghettojournalist
03-20-2008, 10:35 PM
the thing that sticks in my head is that Michael couldn't kill himself. has anyone else commited suicide outright on the show? could this mean that Charlie could come back? and per some other board member's theory, Libby? and what is it with all these "dead" people, apparently not including Walt, walking around the island?

fikus222
03-20-2008, 10:40 PM
The Island prevented his suicide attempt.

One of the first crew members of the hatch shot himself.

Charlie's dead. He's fulfilling a Jacob Marley like role now.

ghettojournalist
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
i'm just so excited to see Libby again.

fikus222
03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
i'm just so excited to see Libby again.

We will get a whole lot more of Libby in forthcoming episodes. They will tell us about her sailing husband (further Widmore connections?), his untimely demise and the whys behind her stay in the loony bin.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-20-2008, 11:25 PM
PS: Did anyone else catch the Barton Fink reference? One of the few times I actually caught a reference on the show off the bat.

BeHereNOW
03-20-2008, 11:48 PM
damn!! the episode its not online yet wtf

Boourns
03-20-2008, 11:53 PM
No new episode until Coachella? Jesus.

BeHereNOW
03-20-2008, 11:58 PM
holly molly thats true.... i need to see todays episode right now.... i need my weekly dosis of Lost

Trick Loves The Kids
03-21-2008, 12:00 AM
fuck this show

seriously it's like i'm watching star trek and a soap opera combined at this point

captncrzy
03-21-2008, 07:10 AM
I was thinking about this this morning....

I'm wondering if some of them have the power to "bend" time and space and move through it when they're on the island. Like that (apparently) gay bad guy that shows up in New York..Michael asks him if he can come and go whenever he wants and his response is "some of us". Then a couple of weeks ago, that chick that was married to the guy that Juliet was porking...there were the whispers and then she was just there. Same with Walt. Remember that scene in season 2 when Michael was being held captive and that woman asked him "Is Walt special? Have you noticed him being able to do special things, like be in two places at the same time?" That would explain how Shannon and Sayid were able to see Walt even though he had been kidnapped. That would also explain why and how Ben has all those passports and guns and stuff in his private office. Maybe he can bend time and go to the mainland...

Just a thought.

Cancersticks1
03-21-2008, 07:20 AM
It's starting to seem to me like every aspect of this show is run like some kind of pyramid scheme or something. start with survivors and mysterious evil others, hatch with button, and monitering station, one of which is a fake, now several survivors are being recruited by the others, and supposedly ben has all this money? it's like a constant training program, wouldn't shock me if ben actually works for/with whidmore, maybe he doesn't even realize it yet.

would explain desmonds coming to the island.

Young blood
03-21-2008, 08:01 AM

Thats why its good not to read spoilers because they are usually wrong. I read that Tom told Michael that island wont let him die and the only place he can find death is on the island. So my bad ya'll. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I have finally come to just going along for the ride of the show. Ben has it all planned out he just needs to convince everyone to go along with his plan. He will not be beat, that was so cool about him, he fills the duality of evil and good at the same time. Ben will win in the end.

My favorite scene last night was the one in the alley with Michael and Tom because it made me think of the greatest fight scene ever....

wqKFadyJxwg

chairmenmeow47
03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
aaron counted as one of the six is retarded. i wonder if they still pass it off as kate's baby, but just call it oceanic 6 because it sounds good.

i freaking loved this episode!!!! we got so many answers!!! it was interesting to have ben ask for a list again. and why does the island only stop certain people from dying? or are nikki/palo, arnzt, shannon, boone, the federal agent, ect. "alive" in some form? there are some serious religious undertones with the whole list thing and i want to know more.

oh, and i got a looking glass station dharma sticker for my car :x

psychic friend
03-21-2008, 08:31 AM
i didnt think this episode was that great.

nuff said

Young blood
03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
aaron counted as one of the six is retarded. i wonder if they still pass it off as kate's baby, but just call it oceanic 6 because it sounds good.

i freaking loved this episode!!!! we got so many answers!!! it was interesting to have ben ask for a list again. and why does the island only stop certain people from dying? or are nikki/palo, arnzt, shannon, boone, the federal agent, ect. "alive" in some form? there are some serious religious undertones with the whole list thing and i want to know more.

oh, and i got a looking glass station dharma sticker for my car :x

where did you get the sticker?

chairmenmeow47
03-21-2008, 08:36 AM
where did you get the sticker?

ebay. just searched for "dharma decal". they had different stations too :)

Young blood
03-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Also what was the meaning of pointing out that Tom was gay?

ebay. just searched for "dharma decal". they had different stations too :)

Yeah I'm copying you and Tessa. My love for this show has hit a whole new level.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-21-2008, 09:32 AM

I imagine it's nothing more than another detail.

Young blood
03-21-2008, 09:38 AM
k. why did old dude in the hospital bed next to Michael look like Alvar Hanso?

captncrzy
03-21-2008, 09:58 AM

Maybe to "humanize" him and show that he's not a complete monster.

Cancersticks1
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I didn't take it to mean that none of them could die, I took it to mean they couldn't die until the island was done with them. dead = outlasted usefulness to island.

tessalasset
03-21-2008, 10:06 PM
they already pointed it out in the first episode of season 3. it was probably just for continuity / shits and giggles.

breakjaw
03-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Tom's only gay off the island.

fikus222
03-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Man alive, that episode was informative, except that we would have liked for some info that wasn't already apparent.

Now we know why Rousseau didn't want to get involved.

Jenniehoo
03-22-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm wondering if some of them have the power to "bend" time and space and move through it when they're on the island. Like that (apparently) gay bad guy that shows up in New York..Michael asks him if he can come and go whenever he wants and his response is "some of us". Then a couple of weeks ago, that chick that was married to the guy that Juliet was porking...there were the whispers and then she was just there. Same with Walt. Remember that scene in season 2 when Michael was being held captive and that woman asked him "Is Walt special? Have you noticed him being able to do special things, like be in two places at the same time?" That would explain how Shannon and Sayid were able to see Walt even though he had been kidnapped. That would also explain why and how Ben has all those passports and guns and stuff in his private office. Maybe he can bend time and go to the mainland...

I think this is well said and right on.

I think Jacob's cabin is somewhere on the mainland and it comes in and out - I don't think Jacob wants to - I think he's under the control of the island and to some extent Ben. Maybe an emotional connection for Ben.

Down Rodeo
03-22-2008, 11:56 AM
PS: Did anyone else catch the Barton Fink reference? One of the few times I actually caught a reference on the show off the bat.

I didn't notice. What was the reference?

fikus222
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that Tom didn't travel to NYC on anything more magical than a boat and plane.

There is a lot to the Island that is fantastical, but a vast majority of these occurrences have a rather simple explanation, just one that hasn't been shared w/ us.

Don't get me wrong there is some weird sh!t going on, for instance Jacob is definitely something I would like explained.

As for bending time, I'm not so sure...we don't even know if Walt is conscious of his appearances on the Island or if the Island is just using his likeness as something familiar/trustworthy to impart its message to the survivors.

tessalasset
03-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh and did anyone think the Walt appearance was funny? I think it was a different actor cause they showed his face for like 1/2 of a second before the curtains covered it up.

fikus222
03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh and did anyone think the Walt appearance was funny? I think it was a different actor cause they showed his face for like 1/2 of a second before the curtains covered it up.

Walt looked like a growth spurt had hit him when he appeared to the gunshot wounded Jon. The actor actually looked older in that scene than he did in the scene looking down on Michael at his Grandma's house.

ghettojournalist
03-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I think Jacob's cabin is somewhere on the mainland and it comes in and out - I don't think Jacob wants to - I think he's under the control of the island and to some extent Ben. Maybe an emotional connection for Ben.

i noticed this when Sky One mentioned it, but i think Jacob's cabin has only been shown at night. when they tried to find it during the day, they couldn't find it in the designated area.

fikus222
03-23-2008, 08:49 PM
i noticed this when Sky One mentioned it, but i think Jacob's cabin has only been shown at night. when they tried to find it during the day, they couldn't find it in the designated area.

The gray sandy material is reminiscent of voodoo-like practices. I seem to recall that it acts as a sort of shield/barrier that keeps things in, as well as out.

ghettojournalist
03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah, it's kind of like the salt lines, i believe.

JClemy
03-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Lost on the big screen at the campsite PF?

This show is awesome but confusing Brotha.

tessalasset
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Walt looked like a growth spurt had hit him when he appeared to the gunshot wounded Jon. The actor actually looked older in that scene than he did in the scene looking down on Michael at his Grandma's house.

exactly.

traviscanada
03-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I've never seen this show, any good?

fikus222
03-23-2008, 10:09 PM

Yes, a thousand times yes !!!

It is beautifully executed, enthralling, exciting, enlightened, exceptional and is by far one of the best shows on all of TV (cable included).

I recommend sitting down and watching an entire season in a row. At this time there are three seasons on DVD with a fourth season in the process.

BeHereNOW
03-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Lost on the big screen at the campsite PF?

HELL YEAH !

chairmenmeow47
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
I recommend sitting down and watching an entire season in a row. At this time there are three seasons on DVD with a fourth season in the process.

i agree with this. also, if you can rope someone else into getting hooked with you, that will help too. you'll be wanting to dive into mysteries with someone :)

JClemy
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Dude! I have season 1. I'll lend it to you. When school is over though. You'll be hooked.

andnonewasthewiser
03-25-2008, 10:16 AM
the thing that sticks in my head is that Michael couldn't kill himself. has anyone else commited suicide outright on the show? could this mean that Charlie could come back? and per some other board member's theory, Libby? and what is it with all these "dead" people, apparently not including Walt, walking around the island?

I totally forgot that Jack tried to kill himself in the last episode of the 3rd season, but was interupted at the last minute by the car crash. Could it have been the island at work!?

BeHereNOW
03-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I totally forgot that Jack tried to kill himself in the last episode of the 3rd season, but was interupted at the last minute by the car crash. Could it have been the island at work!?

island doing his magic right there

tessalasset
03-25-2008, 02:07 PM
oh thats awesome.

tessalasset
03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
i wonder if thats part of the reason it messed jack up so much. i wonder if all the people on the island were under a curse when the got off, where they couldn't kill themselves no matter what. and i wonder if the dude in the coffin was one of the oceanic survivors, and he killed himself, so then jack thought oh my god, the curse is broken, i can finally kill myself, and he tried to jump off.

tessalasset
03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
*reaching

JClemy
03-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Or maybe he just wanted to see what it would be like to jump. Like Peter in Family Guy when Death is incapacited

andnonewasthewiser
03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
i wonder if thats part of the reason it messed jack up so much. i wonder if all the people on the island were under a curse when the got off, where they couldn't kill themselves no matter what. and i wonder if the dude in the coffin was one of the oceanic survivors, and he killed himself, so then jack thought oh my god, the curse is broken, i can finally kill myself, and he tried to jump off.

To me it's just further confirmation that the person in the coffin isn't one of the Oceanic Six.

Young blood
03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Im going to be pissed if it is Michael.

fikus222
03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Jack wasn't going to jump, it just isn't in his nature to quit like that. He's just drunk enough and doped up enough to give it a gander from the edge.

I believe he's so messed up because there were some hard decisions made on the Island, decisions which got some survivors killed. Ben refers to some of these deaths when he is patching up Sayid at the veterinarian's office.

Jack is also upset because the Oceanic 5 and a half had to leave the Island in order to keep it safe from Widmore. This means he has left the people he is responsible for and this weighs on him heavily.

JClemy
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I think it definitely has something to do with Claire. They had to leave her obviously. did she willingly give up Aaron?

fikus222
03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I think it definitely has something to do with Claire. They had to leave her obviously. did she willingly give up Aaron?

I think that it probably is Claire too and maybe more.

Sexecutioner
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
I believe he's so messed up because there were some hard decisions made on the Island, decisions which got some survivors killed. Ben refers to some of these deaths when he is patching up Sayid at the veterinarian's office.

Jack is also upset because the Oceanic 5 and a half had to leave the Island in order to keep it safe from Widmore. This means he has left the people he is responsible for and this weighs on him heavily.

i agree, i have been thinking this also...

To me it's just further confirmation that the person in the coffin isn't one of the Oceanic Six.

what if that flash forward took place after the island was done with that person. like just because you were on the island doesnt mean you cant die, it just seems to mean you cant die before its your time, or before the island is done using you.

I think that it probably is Claire too and maybe more.

i thought they referred to the person as a "he", but i could be wrong.

fikus222
03-26-2008, 07:43 PM
i thought they referred to the person as a "he", but i could be wrong.

What I meant was that Claire dies on the Island. I also believe Michael is the one in the coffin.

JClemy
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I think they may have had to have abandoned claire. Because Jack would want to be with Aaron I think if she had died.

fikus222
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I think they may have had to have abandoned claire. Because Jack would want to be with Aaron I think if she had died.

What if they had to choose between Claire's life or the that of the baby's ?

Maybe this explains why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron and be constantly reminded of this choice.

JClemy
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Thats what I mean. I think they also had to say it was Kate's baby because they don't want the others(widmore? whoever spoke to hurley in the mental institue) to know they are still alive. Also that she survived and had a baby on the island

Sexecutioner
03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
What if they had to choose between Claire's life or the that of the baby's ?

Maybe this explains why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron and be constantly reminded of this choice.

i think this is a pretty good guess.

BeHereNOW
03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
i'm in for michael at the coffin...

whats good to watch until next ep? the office?

tessalasset
03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Jack wasn't going to jump, it just isn't in his nature to quit like that. He's just drunk enough and doped up enough to give it a gander from the edge.

but see that's the weird thing - he was totally fine when he initially got off the island. it didn't fuck him up until later on.

fikus222
03-26-2008, 10:37 PM
but see that's the weird thing - he was totally fine when he initially got off the island. it didn't fuck him up until later on.

The shock wore off.

Now Jack has been forced to reintegrate himself into society while living a lie, all while the rest of the survivors are still eeking out a living on the Island in constant peril of discovery.

andnonewasthewiser
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
what if that flash forward took place after the island was done with that person. like just because you were on the island doesnt mean you cant die, it just seems to mean you cant die before its your time, or before the island is done using you.

I guess that's possible. It just seems to me that the Island's main objective is to get the people who left BACK to the island in some capacity. The Island wouldn't be "finished" with them until they accomplished that goal.

But then again maybe the person already went back and then died and Jack was sad because now he can't ask the person how they got back!

Damn show and it's mysteries.....

Trick Loves The Kids
03-27-2008, 12:27 PM
is this show tonight new

ghettojournalist
03-27-2008, 12:58 PM
no new one until April 24.

NicoDread
03-27-2008, 02:39 PM
no new one until April 24.

don't remind me, :mad:

JClemy
03-27-2008, 02:48 PM
The first night in the Campground! I'm still saying it should play on the big screen!

NicoDread
03-27-2008, 03:31 PM
The first night in the Campground! I'm still saying it should play on the big screen!

I'll burn it to a dvd and get someone to sneak it in.

fikus222
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I guess that's possible. It just seems to me that the Island's main objective is to get the people who left BACK to the island in some capacity. The Island wouldn't be "finished" with them until they accomplished that goal.

But then again maybe the person already went back and then died and Jack was sad because now he can't ask the person how they got back!

Damn show and it's mysteries.....

The Island is not just interested in keeping people on and getting people back to the Island, its more interested in assisting/convincing people to complete various tasks that serve its interests, whatever those may be.

I believe Jacob has a hand in the interpretation of these interests. Trouble is, Ben sort of speaks for him and may have been corrupted and become consumed by his own ideas of what is good for the Island. This may have been why Jacob requested 'help' of some sort from Locke, which is of course why Ben shot him. Hurley on the other hand is a confusing addition to those who have run into Jacob.

What I'd like to know is why Hurley was so sorry for going off with Locke. Maybe it has something to do with Aaron with Kate and Claire's possible death and Jack's role in these events.

fikus222
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I miss LOST, somehow Radiohead fever just doesn't fulfill me in the same way as LOST is able to.

Sexecutioner
04-08-2008, 11:25 PM
I miss LOST, somehow Radiohead fever just doesn't fulfill me in the same way as LOST is able to.

yea, and you dont have to stay up all fuckin night to appreciate lost.

fikus222
04-08-2008, 11:43 PM
yea, and you dont have to stay up all fuckin night to appreciate lost.

When I was first introduced to Lost I watched the entire first season in 36 hours, all while standing watches underway on my Coast Guard Cutter in the Eastern pacific.

Luckily for me a shipmate had downloaded the first 5 episodes of Season 2 before we got underway, so I didn't have to worry about the season ending cliff hanger for long.

fikus222
04-16-2008, 11:28 AM
8 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the "Coming Soon" trailers at the Lost ABC site and they were INTENSE, we are in for some major happenings during these last episodes.

Link:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

chairmenmeow47
04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
8 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the "Coming Soon" trailers at the Lost ABC site and they were INTENSE, we are in for some major happenings during these last episodes.

Link:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

thanks for posting, i'll have to check that out tonight. i can't freaking wait for more lost!!! <3

BeHereNOW
04-17-2008, 07:02 PM
ho-ly shittt next week all new Lost!

Lost instead of lazerchella on thu night!

captncrzy
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Yay! I'll still be at home so I'll be able to watch!

tessalasset
04-17-2008, 10:08 PM
im gonna miss it :(

andnonewasthewiser
04-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Isn't there a TV available in the Campgrounds, in that little tent where everyone charges up their phones? I think us LOST fans are going to have to take that shit over Thursday night.

Blinken
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Isn't there a TV available in the Campgrounds, in that little tent where everyone charges up their phones? I think us LOST fans are going to have to take that shit over Thursday night.

hmmmm, i like this idea PF get on it!!! You love lost as much as the rest of us.

fikus222
04-24-2008, 01:01 AM
LOST TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sneak peaks are crazy !!!!!!!!!!

Blinken
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Woo Hoo lost, i will watch monday will recouping.

marooko
04-24-2008, 08:14 AM
cant wait for the new episodes.

chairmenmeow47
04-24-2008, 08:37 AM
yaaaaaaaay for a new episode tonight! i'll be watching while i pack :)

do we know yet which character this episode will focus on?

Young blood
04-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I hear three people die.

Im so happy its back on.

fikus222
04-24-2008, 11:47 AM
do we know yet which character this episode will focus on?

It is supposed to be Ben.

chairmenmeow47
04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
It is supposed to be Ben.

eeee, i just squealed at my desk! :)

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/internet-pics/disco_ben.jpg

i hope we get some interesting flashbacks. or maybe it'll be a flashforward to what happened to him after all this?

Young blood
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
I hope it answers some questions. I have a feeling that the next few episodes may just be stretching out to the finale. WHICH WILL BE THREE HOURS LONG!

chairmenmeow47
04-24-2008, 01:47 PM
I hope it answers some questions. I have a feeling that the next few episodes may just be stretching out to the finale. WHICH WILL BE THREE HOURS LONG!

HELLS FUCKING YEAH!

will it all air in one night?

Young blood
04-24-2008, 01:49 PM
It’s official: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Steve McPherson has signed off on Lost’s extraspecial 14th hour this season, which means Lost is getting a three-hour finale! The first hour airs May 15, the second and third hours will air May 29, beginning at 9 p.m. (ABC will still air the finales of Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy on May 22, as expected.)

Word is there are so many big reveals the producers wanted to deliver this season that they felt anything less than a full three-hour finale would have cheated the fans. In fact, I’m hearing that the writers’ draft for the second half of the finale was 80 pages long, which led all parties involved to realize these stories had to be told now. Anything else would have felt like a rip-off for the fans.

Sexecutioner
04-24-2008, 02:02 PM
FUCK YEA! so i was supposed to head to to indio tonight, but plans changed that were out of my control, so i was kind of bummed that we werent leaving till the morning, but now im fuckin stoked cuz i get to watch lost!

wooot!!

chairmenmeow47
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Itís official: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Steve McPherson has signed off on Lostís extraspecial 14th hour this season, which means Lost is getting a three-hour finale! The first hour airs May 15, the second and third hours will air May 29, beginning at 9 p.m. (ABC will still air the finales of Ugly Betty and Greyís Anatomy on May 22, as expected.)

Word is there are so many big reveals the producers wanted to deliver this season that they felt anything less than a full three-hour finale would have cheated the fans. In fact, Iím hearing that the writersí draft for the second half of the finale was 80 pages long, which led all parties involved to realize these stories had to be told now. Anything else would have felt like a rip-off for the fans.

FUCK YEAH! damn straight, lost!

fikus222
04-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Rawk ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sexecutioner
04-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Word is there are so many big reveals the producers wanted to deliver this season that they felt anything less than a full three-hour finale would have cheated the fans. In fact, Iím hearing that the writersí draft for the second half of the finale was 80 pages long, which led all parties involved to realize these stories had to be told now. Anything else would have felt like a rip-off for the fans.

im really glad the producers are finally caring about the fans, since it didnt seem like they did for a couple seasons there when they dragged everything out and didnt reveal a damn thing. i think a lot of people stopped watching during that era. glad i hung in there though...cuz now shit is getting crazy!

Young blood
04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Ben is the man.

That ending was the best one so far.

I. LOVE. LOST.

Young blood
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Cmon! BEN. smoke monster powahs!!!!

chairmenmeow47
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
OMG, i TOTALLY knew ben would let alex die, but i still kept hoping it wouldn't happen. that was hardcore.

and why the fuck where they not going to let claire and sawyer in, but then when miles rings the bell they answer?!?!? LOL, that was strange.

and the doorman at widmore's had scary black eyes.

<3 lost <3

fikus222
04-24-2008, 10:13 PM
So Ben rode the Polar Bear express to the Sahara.

He was shot and may have therefore traveled forward in time during his escape from the Island and also to find Sayid.

Lost is sure killing off a lot of people. Poor Alex, at least we know Ben genuinely cared for her. He was just unaware that Whidmore had changed the rules.

Kill Penelope ? Desmond is going to be running around frantic soon.

I'm glad they punked the Physicist and the Anthropologist.

Due to Whidmore saying that Ben stole the Island it looks like Whidmore was a financier of the Dharma initiative.

Sayid must not have been married long before his wife was murdered.

In the beginning of the episode they totally tried to get us to think that Jack was popping happy pills.

hypervera
04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
i want a smoke monster machine or whatever the fuck it is!!

Down Rodeo
04-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that episode was INTENSE. I've never been a bigger fan of Ben than right now - he was straight up badass tonight.

I laughed my ass off when Sawyer told Locke, "If you hurt one hair on his curly head..." He must really like Hurley.

atom heart
04-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I don't know about you guys, but that ep kept making me think of movies. When Ben appeared in the Sahara I thought of Planet of the Apes. When he walked into the hotel dressed to the nines in that black trench and got in the elevator I thought of the Matrix.
But, damn, I felt sorry for everyone! Poor Sayid! Poor Alex! Poor Rousseau, poor little boyfriend guy who never had a story, poor Claire almost getting blown to smithereens! And, though it makes me feel odd, poor Ben! He really is out for his own skin, but to get his bluff called that way!
Also, the mercenary was on the X Files a really long time ago. I remember him, he was creepy as a gawky young 'un that had the power to electrocute people. That's two cast members from the X Files now (Locke was an officer in one ep).

chairmenmeow47
04-25-2008, 09:07 AM
So Ben rode the Polar Bear express to the Sahara.

He was shot and may have therefore traveled forward in time during his escape from the Island and also to find Sayid.

Lost is sure killing off a lot of people. Poor Alex, at least we know Ben genuinely cared for her. He was just unaware that Whidmore had changed the rules.

Kill Penelope ? Desmond is going to be running around frantic soon.

I'm glad they punked the Physicist and the Anthropologist.

Due to Whidmore saying that Ben stole the Island it looks like Whidmore was a financier of the Dharma initiative.

Sayid must not have been married long before his wife was murdered.

In the beginning of the episode they totally tried to get us to think that Jack was popping happy pills.

yeah, i wonder how ben was able to travel. it seems like he didn't need a "craft" to get there, interesting...

even though whidmore changed the rules, i think he knew what he had to do deep down. he bluffed, but it didn't work and even if he had a deal, he had to know that was a possibility. really sucks, but ben has reasons for what he does i guess. poor alex, could you imagine how shitty it would be to have the last thing you hear be "i don't care about her"?! and i keep hoping danielle is still alive.

i would like to know more about why whidmore "had" the island, he's probably a dharma financier, but who knows what that entails at this point.

i also noticed that they were trying to make us think jack was popping happy pills.

ben was really good last night. he was a badass with those people in the desert. it's funny, the person above me said they thought of movies, well seeing ben kill those people made me get "killing an arab" by the cure stuck in my head, LOL. i can't wait for next week!

atom heart
04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
i also noticed that they were trying to make us think jack was popping happy pills.

I knew at once that he had appendicitis, but I guess I get that from having a premed friend. I kept thinking, check his tongue!

chairmenmeow47
04-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I knew at once that he had appendicitis, but I guess I get that from having a premed friend. I kept thinking, check his tongue!

ha ha ha, i knew it was appendicitis too! but i don't know how i knew. must be the shining =P

iv3rdawG
04-26-2008, 08:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/iv3rdawG/Lost-S4_DVD.jpg

Dec. 9.

andnonewasthewiser
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
That episode was intense!!!!

Young blood
05-01-2008, 07:01 AM
oh hi.

Jack ff tonight. I hope its worth it.

chairmenmeow47
05-01-2008, 08:30 AM
oh hi.

Jack ff tonight. I hope its worth it.

me too. i have a feeling tonight will be kinda filler. i watched last week's again last night. reminded me i need to find screenshots of the smoke monster!

Young blood
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
me too. i have a feeling tonight will be kinda filler. i watched last week's again last night. reminded me i need to find screenshots of the smoke monster!

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2008/04/episode-409-smoke-monster.html

this is my favorite lost blog.

Young blood
05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Here is what the hieroglyphics on the door translate to.

Top Line - "to summon", "time to summon" or "to summon time"

In this instance, there is one word that can help us determine the way the hieroglyphic is meant to be read and unfortunately it is the only crystal clear word here.

nas - "to summon" or "to call"

Nas or "to summon" is represented by the man with the outstretched arm (see diagram above) and the reason why it is so clear is the simple fact that the word is a determinative. A determinative is the way that the Egyptians associated meaning and pronunciations to their words.

So, "to summon" by itself would appear as n (the squiggle) on top, with a and s underneath, followed by the picture of the man holding his arm over something. This may mean that the hieroglyphics here are meant to be read from right to left, but it is impossible to say which is the right direction.

ra - "time"

The word "time" is an ideograph (hieroglyphic meant to express an idea), and is represented by a circle with a dot in the middle of it. Since the hieroglyphic is somewhat obscured, we can only guess that this is what was meant to be shown.

Second Line - "Protection", "Power" or "Strength"

The second line does not have anything that could determine direction and is a combination of ideographs and phonetics. There are an infinite amount of possibilities as to what this line means, so I'll give the phonetic and idea of each hieroglyphic and let you theorize away!

hen - "master" or "priest"

Hen as a noun would translate roughly into master, but could be easily be seen as priest. This could mean the chamber is for holy men only or could be referring to the one who is control of this island?

"man with weapon" - "power", "strength", or "protection"

The second line would seem to be anchored by this hieroglyphic, because the phrase "to summon protection" would make the most sense. After Ben left the door covered in soot, smokey was right behind him. Is the chambers purpose to summon smokey?

"container" or "stone container"

This hieroglyphic is the most confusing, could this mean that summoning smokey involves some kind of container?

anx - "life"

This symbol is not an hieroglyphic, but there is a hieroglyphic extremely similar to it. The anx hieroglyphic is a cross much like the one here, but has a looped top. Again this seems to be referring to the ritual that would summon smokey, maybe giving him life or a sacrifice of life is needed to summon him?

The Whole Enchilada - "To summon protection"

The simplest translation of these hieroglyphics is "to summon protection", but there are almost endless ways they can be translated. Here are a few to get those theories flowing:

"Time to summon strength"

"To summon time protection" or "To summon time power"

"Time summons the power of life"

thestripe
05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Tonight!

Get Pumped J

Young blood
05-01-2008, 09:16 AM
If I had reeboks on right now I would pump them up and supply the high fives.

tessalasset
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I finally just watched the ep on Tuesday night. Fantastic episode. Is it just me or is Sawyer getting fucking annoying and whiny lately? He seems to have no point other than to get in the way of the big picture.

Young blood
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
a couple of questions.

Is Ben and Widmore each others constants?

Is Sayid going to kill Penny?

interesting....

Ben time skips violently into the desert, obviously from some frozen tundra judging by the quickly dissipating frost on the air around him. He looks shocked and pained; in fact he's injured, and immediately he pukes up the same orange gak Ethan made Juliet drink before she unknowingly slept through her own time jump. This tells us two things: Ben knew in advance he was going to make the trip, and that someone was probably trying to kill him as he made his escape. The most likely place for Ben to acquire an Edgar Halliwax jacket is the same place most likely to displace someone in time – the Orchid station. What makes little sense though is why Ben's wearing a parka if the Orchid resides, like all the other stations, on a tropical island. This suggests that maybe the Orchid station itself exists in a region where you'd find polar bears and Portuguese guys playing chess. And although the fact that Ben's arm is hurt points to the eerily similar arm problems of Candle/Wickman/Halliwax, it is Ben's right arm that is injured – not his left.

I think Ben probably knew when but not where he was jumping to. He looks surprised to wake up in the desert, but knows what year it is. He tells the hotel desk clerk that he's been to Tunisia before, but 'not in a while', yet she gives him a strange look after seeing his name in the book. Check out how Ben's name was only one page deep in the register. 'Not in a while' Ben-time (island-time) probably translated to only a few days of real world time.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
GET BACK IN THE HOUSE

NicoDread
05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
haha - i couldn't stop laughing when 3 or 4 extras in a row just ran out "what's goin on here?" and got shot. while sawyer was out in the open and survived.

chairmenmeow47
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
haha - i couldn't stop laughing when 3 or 4 extras in a row just ran out "what's goin on here?" and got shot. while sawyer was out in the open and survived.

HA HA HA, no shit! it was like target practice!!! ESPECIALLY the guy in the red shirt that just like squatted down like he was going to catch a football!!! i definitely had to rewind that a few times to laugh :rotfl

Trick Loves The Kids
05-01-2008, 04:55 PM
OXbWVeZMcaE

chairmenmeow47
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
OXbWVeZMcaE

OMG RED SHIRT GUY NEVER STOPS BEING FUNNY!!!

Trick Loves The Kids
05-01-2008, 05:02 PM
GET BACK INSIDE!!!

Young blood
05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Come on now....I know if I heard gunshots I'd run towards the source.

chairmenmeow47
05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Come on now....I know if I heard gunshots I'd run towards the source.

me too. i'd also stop, squat down, and wait to catch it in my face like a football.

Young blood
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
hahahaha

Sexecutioner
05-01-2008, 05:23 PM
me too. i'd also stop, squat down, and wait to catch it in my face like a football.

you catch footballs in your face?

Sexecutioner
05-01-2008, 05:24 PM
and the previews from tonights episode shows that main mercenary dude, but didnt the smoke monster kill him and all his peeps?

fikus222
05-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Naw a few mercs got away...they are going to kill someone else off tomorrow as well. They try to get us to think that it is going to be Claire too.

Sexecutioner
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Naw a few mercs got away...they are going to kill someone else off tomorrow as well. They try to get us to think that it is going to be Claire too.

dude, thats bullshit. smoky just invaded that whole forest and took out everybody inside it. theres no way any of them should have survived.

Young blood
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
uhhh tonights eps. sucked.

chairmenmeow47
05-02-2008, 07:30 AM
my friends kept trying to say duck lips was in the shower and not kate, but i knew it was kate! i told everyone that aaron would be passed off as their kid!!! it makes even more sense with jack having blood relation.

i wonder what happens to all that though. and i thought it was interesting the smoke detector went off and then christian was sitting in the lobby. i was joking that the smoke monster had found him.

definitely not the best episode, but at least i got more credence to my theory that the baby would be passed off as jack and kate's :)

fikus222
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
This episode may take place before Jack descends into his love for happy pills and prolly illustrates why he does fall. Kind of difficult to tell because he is working for a private style hospital in this one and he is stealing pills from a public one in his suicidal days.

I love the whole 'A Christmas Carol' visitations.

It is silly that the smoke monster didn't kill more mercs than it actually did.

Jin and Sun's story line is starting to take shape. I still think that Jin survives on the island after Sun goes.

We are given a huge piece to the puzzle when Kate and Jack are arguing: "Sawyer chose to stay on the Island." This means that the rest of the survivors are biding their time on the Island for some reason.

Claire running off at the end of the episode felt a little like a heavy handed way to make an episodic cliff hanger.

chairmenmeow47
05-02-2008, 02:21 PM
This episode may take place before Jack descends into his love for happy pills and prolly illustrates why he does fall. Kind of difficult to tell because he is working for a private style hospital in this one and he is stealing pills from a public one in his suicidal days.

I love the whole 'A Christmas Carol' visitations.

It is silly that the smoke monster didn't kill more mercs than it actually did.

Jin and Sun's story line is starting to take shape. I still think that Jin survives on the island after Sun goes.

We are given a huge piece to the puzzle when Kate and Jack are arguing: "Sawyer chose to stay on the Island." This means that the rest of the survivors are biding their time on the Island for some reason.

Claire running off at the end of the episode felt a little like a heavy handed way to make an episodic cliff hanger.

i agree with all of this. i liked when jin called that bitch on speaking korean. i hate her. i hope her and duck lips impale themselves on the same dharma initiative rusty cock.

fikus222
05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I was just thinking about the flash-forward timeline and that doped up Jack is looking for the Island and this may be due to his upcoming visitation from his Father. So this past episode is prolly before the coffin and Jack's airport meeting with Kate.

His father's visitation may also be why Jack makes that weird comment to the lead doctor after he almost gets caught with his hand in the 'cookie jar' (something to the effect of "go upstairs and if my father is any less drunk than I...").

Poor Hurley, at least Charlie keeps him company.

chairmenmeow47
05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I was just thinking about the flash-forward timeline and that doped up Jack is looking for the Island and this may be due to his upcoming visitation from his Father. So this past episode is prolly before the coffin and Jack's airport meeting with Kate.

His father's visitation may also be why Jack makes that weird comment to the lead doctor after he almost gets caught with his hand in the 'cookie jar' (something to the effect of "go upstairs and if my father is any less drunk than I...").

Poor Hurley, at least Charlie keeps him company.

i also wonder if jack comes to a realization that aaron can't be raised by another and that leads to his madness. i wonder how he comes to the realization that him and claire are related?

fikus222
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
i also wonder if jack comes to a realization that aaron can't be raised by another and that leads to his madness. i wonder how he comes to the realization that him and claire are related?

Totally, I didn't catch the full extent of the meaning behind Jack saying "You aren't even related to Aaron" during his fight with Kate, until you mentioned it here.

chairmenmeow47
05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
longlivelocke (http://longlivelocke.blogspot.com/2008/05/s4ep10-something-nice-back-home.html)

here's an interesting blog on the last episode.

i'm mainly concerned with dates after reading this. in last week's episode, jack reads a paper with a date of "august 31st, 2007"; however all the flash forwards this season are "supposed to" (or so i thought) lead up to last year's finale which had a clipping of an obituary with a newspaper date of april 2007. so is this an error or not?!

also, does claire die or not?! interesting read if you get the chance :)

fikus222
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
longlivelocke (http://longlivelocke.blogspot.com/2008/05/s4ep10-something-nice-back-home.html)

here's an interesting blog on the last episode.

i'm mainly concerned with dates after reading this. in last week's episode, jack reads a paper with a date of "august 31st, 2007"; however all the flash forwards this season are "supposed to" (or so i thought) lead up to last year's finale which had a clipping of an obituary with a newspaper date of april 2007. so is this an error or not?!

also, does claire die or not?! interesting read if you get the chance :)

That date thing is weird, especially since they made a point of showing us that paper during the last episode. Claire may survive, prolly not, but that's just my Lost cynicism talking.

chairmenmeow47
05-06-2008, 09:29 AM
That date thing is weird, especially since they made a point of showing us that paper during the last episode. Claire may survive, prolly not, but that's just my Lost cynicism talking.

i like the theory in the blog that if claire dies, the whole "raised by another" point is moot. that's what kinda sways me to believing she may live. who knows though.

can't wait for thursday :)

bartelby
05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
i just caught up on the last two episodes...fuck did episode 9 rule or what?

the last one was so-so but i think we're just being set up for a great one on Thursday...

Lost is the greatest television show ever.

Sexecutioner
05-07-2008, 10:12 AM

agreed.

chairmenmeow47
05-07-2008, 10:14 AM
i just caught up on the last two episodes...fuck did episode 9 rule or what?

the last one was so-so but i think we're just being set up for a great one on Thursday...

episode 9, the shape of things to come? the ben flash forward? i agree, it was awesome.

and yeah, last thursday was a total set-up, but this week will be the shit. wikipedia says will see flashbacks to locke's childhood :)

ben and locke are both awesome in different ways. ben, locke and desmond episodes always keep me interested.

lost is one of the greatest television shows ever. the writing leaves even the best plot predictors stumped and still makes you care about most of the characters. it also listens to it's audience, but doesn't change things so drastically it's not the same show anymore.

more importantly, it has taken perfect advantage of it's place in time. without the internet, i doubt this show would be as successful as it is. the only way they can maintain this cliffhanger over the years the way it has is with the internet excitement. i just love how they freeze on a newspaper just long enough knowing that we'll all race to pause the dvr to read the headline. think of all the things we know about the show that we wouldn't catch if it weren't for dvr, dvds and the internet. truly a great show indeed.

<3 lost <3

Sexecutioner
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
more importantly, it has taken perfect advantage of it's place in time. without the internet, i doubt this show would be as successful as it is. the only way they can maintain this cliffhanger over the years the way it has is with the internet excitement. i just love how they freeze on a newspaper just long enough knowing that we'll all race to pause the dvr to read the headline. think of all the things we know about the show that we wouldn't catch if it weren't for dvr, dvds and the internet. truly a great show indeed.

<3 lost <3

yea, the amount of discussions, researching, and theorizing that goes on about this show on the net boggles my mind. i mean, people really go over the top and create these detailed theories about the show, its fuckin nuts. i dont really go to any of the lost sites, but some of the shit that young blood and the rest of you post from other sites really blows me away. like the fuckin dude translating the hieroglyphics that were on the wall. wtf??

and the fact the show's producers/writers know this and so go to great lengths to make all those little details accurate makes the show even better. they know they have to make it perfectly accurate or some internet dweeb will call them on it.

i think thats why lost is so great, because it makes people think...really hard.

bartelby
05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
ben and locke are both awesome in different ways. ben, locke and desmond episodes always keep me interested.

agreed....for me its: Desmond, Ben, Locke - in that order

Ben is so fucking cool though...when he first appeared on the show I hated him for being a Kevin Spacey look-a-like but now he's turned into one of the most interesting characters I've ever encountered on TV or in movies. Some days I just hate him but then things turn around and he's a bad-ass motherfucker, kicking ass and taking names and I LOVE him for that. When he pulled out that baton and fucked over those two guys in the flash forward I jumped out of my seat and cheered.

The show is seriously at the point where its going to take an ending of epic proportions for people to be satisfied. Nevertheless, I think I could look back at how much I've enjoyed the show over the past few years and still love it even if they did finish up with a brutally cheesy ending a la "it was all a dream!" or something like that. Regardless, that ain't gonna happen - I've got faith that its going to be an awe-inspiring ride to the finish.

Young blood
05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I wish ABC would cancel it.

That would be the greatest ending ever.

chairmenmeow47
05-07-2008, 12:17 PM
The show is seriously at the point where its going to take an ending of epic proportions for people to be satisfied. Nevertheless, I think I could look back at how much I've enjoyed the show over the past few years and still love it even if they did finish up with a brutally cheesy ending a la "it was all a dream!" or something like that. Regardless, that ain't gonna happen - I've got faith that its going to be an awe-inspiring ride to the finish.

yeah, i've been saying from day 1 that the finale will neer live up to the expectations or the hype. but i have enjoyed the ride so far, so it can't be all bad.

i think some people lose focus of the characters on the show, and i'd bet that those people will be the most disappointed by whatever ending comes out. the writers have talked about how the characters are just as "lost" and while some of their development is really annoying, it seems to pave the way to future episodes and having that development makes future episodes all the more interesting. so i have a feeling the characters will really come into play with how the story ends. if that makes sense at all, lol.

and young blood, bite your tounge!!! =P

Young blood
05-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Seriously though millions of Lost LOST fans would be the ultimate ending. I bet they were piss at the sopranos ending cuz thats they were hoping to go with.

fikus222
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
"Torch the Island"

-The Captain

Cancersticks1
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM
*Turns out they were all shrooming at the zoo* The End.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I lolled at the shrooming at the zoo thing. My favorite explanation for Lost so far is "a wizard did it."

Young blood
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
*Turns out they were all shrooming at the zoo* The End.

hahaha I wish.

Im so excited for Locke flashback.

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 01:06 PM
hahaha I wish.

me too. that's literally what got me outta bed this morning :x

fikus222
05-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I just watched 'Places of the Heart' its an old Sallie Fields, Danny Glover and John Malkovitch movie that also starred John Locke.

thestripe
05-08-2008, 01:18 PM
hahaha I wish.

PUMPED

Young blood
05-08-2008, 01:21 PM
WOOOOO!!!!

I love that fact that they pushed back the time slot because I get to watch 30 rock too. It condenses my tv watching down to one night.

Young blood
05-08-2008, 01:24 PM
me too. that's literally what got me outta bed this morning :x

.....I hope he made coffee......

*crickets chirping*

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 01:56 PM
.....I hope he made coffee......

*crickets chirping*

ha ha ha, i lol'd :)

bartelby
05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I can't believe I forgot to give props to Sayid episodes too...damn, I've still got Coachella brain going on...

Sayid is the shit

only 3 more hours kids!!!

bartelby
05-08-2008, 06:57 PM
FUCK

yet another teaser episode....i'm so fucking hooked on this show

bartelby
05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just saw the preview for next week

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT I CAN'T WAIT

Young blood
05-08-2008, 08:10 PM
This episode was pretty fucking awesome even being it a filler.

dont read if you havent seen it..........

I enjoyed the whole Locke background.(amazing) That he was always suppose to be the one, but wasn't quite ready, he needed to understand the science vs the morality of life and the laws of the island. Ben giving up that role in this episode was so incredible. It was awesome for him to see him sit back and say he was just following Hurley to the cabin and to share a candy bar with him later on.

The ff from last week lead me to believe that Ben will always be in control even it is off the island. He just needed to make Locke believe so.

AWESOME episode even if it was a filler. Next week will be a filler also. The finale is going to fucking blow your mind.

wmgaretjax
05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Was that Jack's dad?

edit: ya. it was. i'm fucking confused.

Barbara, the ninja
05-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah it was @_@

JClemy
05-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Ah thats crazy! I'm so excited for this show every week!

fikus222
05-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Hmmm, this episode was definitely filler.

So why doesn't Richard age?

Why is Abbadon trying to get paralyzed Locke to the Island ? Is he a double agent and actually working for the Island ?

The Captain turned out to be a good guy and a wuss.

Christian and Claire in the Cabin ? Claire looked weird too, like she was really happy to be with her Dad, but why and why isn't she worried about Aaron ?

There is no way Ben is taking a back seat, neither temporarily nor permanently. Which is why he made that comment to Locke about Locke getting Hurley to unbeknownst do Locke's bidding.

Why was Horace's nose bleeding ? Did it have to do with how he died ? I can't remember what the poison gas did to him, I think he died on an overturned bench though.

I just knew they weren't going to give us Jacob yet.

Blinken
05-08-2008, 10:53 PM
WTF that was crazy, i can't wait til the season finale. Clair was really creepy.

i812many
05-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Why was Horace's nose bleeding ?

Time travel perhaps?

thestripe
05-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Locke is Luke Skywalker. He is going to find out that Ben is his real father.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 06:27 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

bug on your lip
05-09-2008, 06:32 AM
What was the island doing on the motorway?

about 3 miles per hour

bartelby
05-09-2008, 06:36 AM

ha, brilliant

invisiblerobots
05-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Was that Jack's dad?

edit: ya. it was. i'm fucking confused.

He's also her dad too it should be noted.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 07:07 AM
duly.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
I enjoyed seeing the book of law and Aleister Crowley referenced in the circle of ash that binds Jacobs cabin.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Im also convinced now that the show has everything to do with Apollo.

*not apollo creede*

Young blood
05-09-2008, 07:33 AM
great theory from ew....

Locke is born early. At age 5, he takes a test that most likely would have taken him to the Island if he had passed. He didn't. That same year, Benjamin Linus is born. At age 16, Locke is invited to go to a science camp that again would have taken him to the Island. He refused. About that same time, Benjamin Linus and his father joined the Dharma Initiative. The implication, it seems, is that Ben has been walking the path that was originally meant for Locke. Ben was the contingency plan — the course correction — for Locke's altered destiny. But Ben is his own person, of course, and he has done things differently from what Locke would have done, and this, in turn, has created further changes in the original order of things — changes that I think a certain ticked-off, Island-deprived billionaire named Charles Widmore is trying to reverse. The scene at the rehab center between paralyzed adult Locke and his wheelchair pusher, the creepy Matthew Abbaddon — who accepted the description of ''orderly'' with knowing irony — was meant to suggest one way Widmore is scheming to restore the original order: by getting Locke on that Island and taking back the birthright that was supposed to be his.

(Unless I’m getting this reversed: What if Ben was the man of destiny, but for decades, various forces — including Alpert and Widmore-Abbaddon — have been vainly trying to change destiny by getting Locke to the Island to supplant the Łber-Other?)

Regardless, here's the twist — the twist that could turn Locke into a mass murderer of sorts. As we saw at the end of the episode, Locke's plan for saving the Island is moving the Island. Now, I have no idea how he intends to do that. But if I'm tracking correctly the weird science Lost has been laying down this season, I wonder if where we're headed is a catastrophic gambit in which Locke will move the Island not only in space but also in time, which I'm guessing will cause some kind of massive retroactive course correction — or, rather, already has enacted a course correction. In fact, I wonder if the secret to many of the metaphysical mysteries of Lost is that all of the show's drama is playing out against the backdrop of a timeline that's in flux — where old history is giving way to new history as the consequences of Locke's future Island-saving actions trickle down through time. And so that wreckage of Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean? That isn't a hoax — at least, not in the new timeline taking hold. That's real. And it will be John the Quantum Ripper's fault.

bug on your lip
05-09-2008, 07:46 AM
supplant the Łber-Other?

*giggle*

Barbara, the ninja
05-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Who was the old guy who tested little Locke? The guy with the creepy smile?

Young blood
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
c'mon now.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Richard_Alpert

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 08:26 AM
great theory from ew....

Locke is born early. At age 5, he takes a test that most likely would have taken him to the Island if he had passed. He didn't. That same year, Benjamin Linus is born. At age 16, Locke is invited to go to a science camp that again would have taken him to the Island. He refused. About that same time, Benjamin Linus and his father joined the Dharma Initiative. The implication, it seems, is that Ben has been walking the path that was originally meant for Locke. Ben was the contingency plan ó the course correction ó for Locke's altered destiny. But Ben is his own person, of course, and he has done things differently from what Locke would have done, and this, in turn, has created further changes in the original order of things ó changes that I think a certain ticked-off, Island-deprived billionaire named Charles Widmore is trying to reverse. The scene at the rehab center between paralyzed adult Locke and his wheelchair pusher, the creepy Matthew Abbaddon ó who accepted the description of ''orderly'' with knowing irony ó was meant to suggest one way Widmore is scheming to restore the original order: by getting Locke on that Island and taking back the birthright that was supposed to be his.

(Unless Iím getting this reversed: What if Ben was the man of destiny, but for decades, various forces ó including Alpert and Widmore-Abbaddon ó have been vainly trying to change destiny by getting Locke to the Island to supplant the Łber-Other?)

Regardless, here's the twist ó the twist that could turn Locke into a mass murderer of sorts. As we saw at the end of the episode, Locke's plan for saving the Island is moving the Island. Now, I have no idea how he intends to do that. But if I'm tracking correctly the weird science Lost has been laying down this season, I wonder if where we're headed is a catastrophic gambit in which Locke will move the Island not only in space but also in time, which I'm guessing will cause some kind of massive retroactive course correction ó or, rather, already has enacted a course correction. In fact, I wonder if the secret to many of the metaphysical mysteries of Lost is that all of the show's drama is playing out against the backdrop of a timeline that's in flux ó where old history is giving way to new history as the consequences of Locke's future Island-saving actions trickle down through time. And so that wreckage of Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean? That isn't a hoax ó at least, not in the new timeline taking hold. That's real. And it will be John the Quantum Ripper's fault.

i don't know how much i like the part about the plane on the bottom of the ocean not being a hoax, but i do like the theory that ben took locke's place.

other than that, this episode was CRAP! i said it, CRAP!

i have tried to have faith that the writers have always had a general idea of the plot, even if they didn't know exactly where everything fell when they wrote the pilot.

but to completely introduce new motives for locke's walkabout trip is a complete cop-out. wouldn't locke have some sort of vague memory of creepy eyeliner guy coming to his home offering him wondeful opportunities, only to then get mad and bolt out of the house?!

i don't know, maybe he does remember this new past, but i think it was a total cop-out the way it was presented. and my girlfriend and i actually laughed when the kid was like "don't tell me what i can't do". the whole thing just wasn't believable to me and didn't fit in with the rest of locke's story line.

also, do we have any confirmation on who locke's dad is? i think it's still up in the air, but i can't remember.

the introduction of horace was nicely creepy though. i also liked that christian spoke and that claire did something other than be completely boring. this episode also added weight to the theory that claire died in the house explosion and that's why she was so easily lead by christian.

seeing the doctor finally die was cool. right before someone brought up the morse code message, i was like "WTF HAPPENED WITH THE DOCTOR?!", so i'm glad they answered that for us; i guess dead bodies don't follow the proper bearing, lol.

and i had a feeling desmond and sayyid would seperate. i thought it would be the other way around. i wonder what will happen to the freight. and while keamy's character is annoying, i really like the actor. and watching the gun not work on michael was awesome. i kept hoping michael would come and save the day so that keadis (or whatever his name is) wouldn't fly the helicopter back to the island, but no luck on that :(

ok, so this episode wasn't completely crap, i just didn't like the whole locke scientist story line that never existed before tonight. kinda reaching if you ask me.

the next two nights should be the shit though. i can't WAIT to see how the losties first get introduced back to the world...

Barbara, the ninja
05-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Ah, my bad. Please don't hate me, but I started Lost just a month ago. I finished half the first season but was so tired of watching so many episodes I just read the episode summaries until I caught up with the current season. That's why I'm not good with faces... at all.

So... could you answer one more question for me? What happened to the timer thing? I don't know why they stopped talking about it. Is someone still there inputting the numbers or was it a fake?

NicoDread
05-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Ah, my bad. Please don't hate me, but I started Lost just a month ago. I finished half the first season but was so tired of watching so many episodes I just read the episode summaries until I caught up with the current season. That's why I'm not good with faces... at all.

So... could you answer one more question for me? What happened to the timer thing? I don't know why they stopped talking about it. Is someone still there inputting the numbers or was it a fake?

WAT

edit: i'll send you the DVDs if i have to, you need to watch all of the episodes!!

Young blood
05-09-2008, 08:34 AM
No hate but you should go back to at least the middle of season 2 and watch it. Its worth it.

The timer and the hatch is very important to the story. It was blown up.

http://www.lostpedia.com

is great place to get all the recaps.

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 08:34 AM

i have to say, if you really want to get into lost, you should probably watch every episode. there is so much information packed into every episode, it's hard to get all you need from episode guides. and yeah, there are SO many characters, it's hard to keep track even if you are watching!

but to answer your question, there was an explostion. i believe it was locke's decision to stop pushing the button and ultimately there was an explosion. desmond, echo (and i believe locke, but i can't remember) were the most affected by the explosion and this may have caused desmond's "visions".

this appeared to disrupt some of their communications on the island, as well as somehow affect the electromagnetism on the island. but i'm relaying all this from memory, so you might want to do some more reading.

on the 4815162342 forums, they generally have posts for each episode. you could do searches by the episode names for these posts and get a good recap based on people's reactions to the episodes.

live together, die alone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Together%2C_Die_Alone)

hope that helps :)

Young blood
05-09-2008, 08:37 AM
i don't know how much i like the part about the plane on the bottom of the ocean not being a hoax, but i do like the theory that ben took locke's place.

other than that, this episode was CRAP! i said it, CRAP!

i have tried to have faith that the writers have always had a general idea of the plot, even if they didn't know exactly where everything fell when they wrote the pilot.

but to completely introduce new motives for locke's walkabout trip is a complete cop-out. wouldn't locke have some sort of vague memory of creepy eyeliner guy coming to his home offering him wondeful opportunities, only to then get mad and bolt out of the house?!

i don't know, maybe he does remember this new past, but i think it was a total cop-out the way it was presented. and my girlfriend and i actually laughed when the kid was like "don't tell me what i can't do". the whole thing just wasn't believable to me and didn't fit in with the rest of locke's story line.

also, do we have any confirmation on who locke's dad is? i think it's still up in the air, but i can't remember.

the introduction of horace was nicely creepy though. i also liked that christian spoke and that claire did something other than be completely boring. this episode also added weight to the theory that claire died in the house explosion and that's why she was so easily lead by christian.

seeing the doctor finally die was cool. right before someone brought up the morse code message, i was like "WTF HAPPENED WITH THE DOCTOR?!", so i'm glad they answered that for us; i guess dead bodies don't follow the proper bearing, lol.

and i had a feeling desmond and sayyid would seperate. i thought it would be the other way around. i wonder what will happen to the freight. and while keamy's character is annoying, i really like the actor. and watching the gun not work on michael was awesome. i kept hoping michael would come and save the day so that keadis (or whatever his name is) wouldn't fly the helicopter back to the island, but no luck on that :(

ok, so this episode wasn't completely crap, i just didn't like the whole locke scientist story line that never existed before tonight. kinda reaching if you ask me.

the next two nights should be the shit though. i can't WAIT to see how the losties first get introduced back to the world...

The inner struggle of Locke was great he showed his struggles even at an early age between faith and science. It was about control.

Everyone knows Locke is the one. Widmore/Darma is trying to get him on his side for the science aspect. The island is making sure that he has faith in himself and the goals of the island.

Barbara, the ninja
05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Ah, yeah, that's where I read all of them. Meep. The episode summaries were still like 20 minutes to read! Crazy.

abc has all their episodes on their site. I'll go back and watch a lot of them. Hehe. Thanks for the offer, NicoDread.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
It was also cool to see keamy bust out the Dharma manuscript/manfesto from the safe of where ben was going on the island.

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 08:45 AM
It was also cool to see keamy bust out the Dharma manuscript/manfesto from the safe of where ben was going on the island.

i agree. makes you wonder what whidmore's role with dharma is. is this a dhamra approved invasion, or is whidmore taking dharma in a different direction than was intended? who is above whidmore, if anyone?

and wtf is up with the cabin appearing in different shapes and sizes?!

i wonder how they will "move" the island, is this done with electromagnetism or something else?

and i loved the opening song in this episode :)

and yeah, the inner struggle between faith and science is interesting, but i still don't think the storyline quite fits with everything else we saw of locke's past.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 08:50 AM
The buddy holly song/clue was great. Plus a great song anyways.

John Locke was born to Emily Annabeth Locke and Anthony Cooper on May 30, 1956 (although the song playing at the beginning of Cabin Fever, Buddy Holly's Everyday, was not released until 1957).

mistake?