PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

captncrzy
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Tonight was a great episode, so many more possibilities and questions.Anybody catch the subtle reference to Hanso? Black Rock?

No, I never catch those little subtleties.

I'm more confused now than ever.

I'm also starting to think the "Oceanic 6" means nada.

sddoctor
02-28-2008, 07:32 PM
well, the black rock thing wasn't subtle, but i did hit rewind when i thought i heard the hanso name.

wmgaretjax
02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
that was ridiculous. did they really need to introduce time travel to this extent.

smilingdownward
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
wasnt the best episode.
seems to me that they took too long to explain the time travel thing
i want them just to get on with the story already....

or maybe i dont like desmond.

alex97
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
wasnt the best episode.
seems to me that they took too long to explain the time travel thing
i want them just to get on with the story already....

or maybe i dont like desmond.

or maybe you don't like the show, cause it seems to me that you want it to be over soon :nono

by the way, the episode was just great!

fikus222
02-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I thought for sure they were going to tell us how Desmond ended up in the brig...at least now we know why the Physicist is a space cadet.

tessalasset
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I fucking love Daniel, and not just because he looks like Damien Rice. He is the best new character this year. That episode is just retarded. I don't even know where to begin. So many gasps tonight. It was really really well done.

Jenniehoo
02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
This episode answered more questions than any this season - or possibly for the entire series for me. Time travel has been a speculation for a long time, but I think that Daniel learned (obviously) how to split time. It's the Donnie Darko nonsense/Sliding Doors law of multiple planes of existence. I love this angle. Dharma knew the power of this island. Daniel figured it out and used it as a location for his hypotheses and utilized himself as a guinea pig. I feel like we're finally getting answers - but they're the best kind. The kind that deal with the general unknown outside laws of physics which make magic inside the means of a plot due to possibility. Like the movie Primer - only for the common person.

So time refracts on the island due to radiation. Desmond is the key to understanding this because he underwent the most severe radiation. I wonder if the man on the boat (on the stretcher in sick bay) was Ben's contact - because it all fell apart for Ben the same time that dude would have been restrained because he was "crazy" - either he or the partner he mentioned.

I feel that Ben is privvy to the knowledge only Daniel understands and now Desmond is learning. I believe Jacob is a metaphorical mirror that allows people to see through the looking glass or to the other side. I think the call of "Help Me" might have been Locke's voice from the other side. Ben's in on this for whatever reason - as is Mr. Widmore. Ben is a protector of the knowledge he was practically born into, Mr. Widmore is a collector and financial chairman of the phenomenon, and Daniel is the scientist that struggles to understand the metaphysical possibilities both conceptually and geographically. Penny doesn't understand her father's invested interest in the island or the possibilities - so her calls are ignored because her ties are purely emotional and interfere with the experiment. The survivors of Oceanic 815, Desmond, and even members of the Dharma initiative are guinea pigs - like Sawyer and Kate in the cages. The island is a cage, or a rat maze, etc. They're studying the effects of radiation on time refraction and time travel. It's possible Daniel thinks he figured this out and devoted his life to the discovery - but people were already ahead of him.

Breakjaw suggested at some point that there's a wormhole that splits the time. I think that it exists everywhere around the island outside of the coordinates that Michael and the helicopter took - can anyone confirm that they were the same nautical coordinates? One of the questions is whether this island location naturally was able to produce a wormhole on its own (like the energy of the island was such that it could stave off cancer) or if it was found to be a sufficient location to house such a thing created by man.

We know 5 of the Oceanic Six survivors still, by my count. Correct me if I'm wrong (Aaron counts, right?) - but I think that the person in the casket was a shared acquaintance through the betrayal of the Oceanic Six (who know a little but not the whole story even in the future), but is an outside character who takes part in deceiving them all. I don't think the person in the casket is one of the Oceanic six anymore. Ben is manipulating them in this other "future" plane because they're all acutely aware now that they're off the island, and some think that the refracted time can be mended - and anyone who's seen Back to the Future knows that messing with time can get messy. Some of the six have figured that out and that's how they know they need to return.

Some of this is "duh" and some of it is straight up retarded. I'm just so amped after watching that episode that I wanted to come on here and run my mouth. It helps to work all these thoughts out in print even though I'm not offering any real insight. Damn, what a good episode.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 06:49 AM
This is not my theory but I loves it. lOVE IT!

maybe spoilers................

Before Eggtown and the promos for The Constant, I would never have considered the word MEMORY as one of the most important clues in Lost, even though it's an aspect of Lost that is addressed in every single episode of the series. After watching what appeared to be Daniel having trouble remembering the last card that was face down on the table, I started to wonder how the experiment could possibly relate to the properties of the island, and how certain things, like memory, could be affected by something like time travel. After that, the mysteries of the island basically started to solve themselves.

MEMORY AND TIME TRAVEL

In every episode there's a flashback, and the flashbacks are composed of (for the most part) linear memories. These have been in Lost since the very beginning, and have provided massive amounts of insight into the characters. But is that all they're for? I don't think so. If you throw the element of time travel into the mix of the flashback formula, you start to realize... is the past set in stone? Not at all. Maybe these flashbacks we've been seeing are setting the stage for a return to these events, in another, different, yet similar flashback. Not a different future, but a different PAST, where the events unfold differently due to the influence of a time traveller.

As we saw in his very brief flashback, we get a sense that Faraday is a very intuitive person -- he understands immediately that seeing the plane on the bottom of the ocean means bad news. He also shows his intuitive qualities on the island with the rocket experiment as well as the card experiment. But what is he trying to figure out with these experiments? I think he's trying to figure out why reality as he knows it is changing all around him, and why he's starting to remember his own past differently.

Here's how I think it's working - Daniel is receiving memories that are new to him, but at the same time they are old, long term memories, and he's starting to understand that this is why he had a really bad feeling about it all. Faraday recognizes that these memories are new to him even though they feel old, and he's trying to figure out what's causing it before he starts to change into a very different person (our experiences define us, do they not?). What would cause something like this to happen? Something changing his past. Basically, his past is being altered by a time traveller, and because his past is being rewritten, reality on the island keeps shifting timelines VERY slightly (This is why he couldn't guess the last card).

(If you haven't seen the promo for the next episode, you probably won't want to continue reading this)

The preview for "The Constant" shows a short clip where Desmond goes back in time, confronts Faraday in the past (a physicist professor at the time), and from the looks of it, changes the path of Daniel's life from that point on. Considering he's yelling and throwing Dan into a chalkboard, it does not look like it would affect him in a good way, and probably causes some unwanted struggles in his life. Once Faraday remembers this encounter with Desmond, he's going to start to act very differently.

So if Desmond messes with Dan's life in the past, what happens to the Dan on the island? The memories and experiences that he had after Desmond messed with his life will start randomly showing up in his head, and reality will basically switch paths, or course correct. The Faraday on the island will change greatly, and as things continue to change in the past from this "branching point" where Desmond screwed with his life, more and more things on the island will start to change because of how that one event set off another snowballing chain of events.

COURSE CORRECTION

A confusing aspect of this is... well, how do we know that Faraday would still end up on the island as a rescuer if his life was so drastically changed? Wouldn't he never show up on the island? That's probably true. That is, unless John Locke is right, and that "every one of us has been brought here for a reason". The island is fate for every single person that we've seen on it. It's inescapable. It's where they were meant to end up so they could play their role in the correct way of "saving the world". Some of them have minor parts and some of them have major parts, but they all have a role in the play and certain things that they're supposed to do at certain times. So basically, the island course corrects itself whenever it REALLY needs to, in order to allow the play to continue, uninterrupted.

THE ISLAND, THE NUMBERS, AND DHARMA

The island is the anti-paradox of time travel. It corrects all the paradoxes in time travel so the past can be meddled with and 'course correction' becomes possible. It allows certain gifted individuals (like Desmond, Ms. Hawking, and even Brother Campbell who was the reason that Desmond met Penny) to go back and alter history in order to change the future, without the changes being made in the past affecting the person's own physical mass/composition as a human being, if they are indeed on the island in the future (that would be messy). Given the abilities of the island, the main Dharma goal was probably to change the past to ensure the future they desired, and they knew they could use the unique electromagnetic properties of the island to achieve this. I'm guessing Dharma really screwed up when they tried to alter a timeline and it resulted in the 'incident' -- reality as they knew it on the island starting changing so drastically that they had to go into damage control an! d prevent the past from changing too much. How do they do that? A reset button. The computer, the button, the numbers.

If it doesn't work correctly, they hit the reset button and go back to the "home" point on the timeline, the one that relates to the numbers. (The numbers could represent the location of the island in 4 dimensions, + the speed and direction of the island on a timeline) Well, ever since the failsafe, they can't reset. Whatever changes being made to history now, they're becoming permanent, and everything is going to change for good.

THE FUTURE OF FLASHBACKS

What I really like about this idea... it allows the traditional flashback formula to be used again but with so much more effect. Consider this... Desmond goes back, changes time for one person, and in someone else's flashback, we realize the aftermath of this course correction changed the course of their life as well. Basically, if this were to be true, everything we've ever known in the show could change from this point on, but since we've already seen how the past worked before the changes, we'll have the ability to see just how different the events play out the second time around

JACOB AND THE SMOKE MONSTER

Jacob's cabin = The Magic Box. It's capable of (or Jacob is capable of) creating a duplication of a person or animal that once existed, and the blueprints for the duplication come directly from memories of people living on the island. That's why Ben told Locke he brought his father there. That's why I think Hurley saw Mikhail in Jacob's cabin (Hurley was wanting to get revenge against the man who killed Charlie, and Jacob was trying to give him that opportunity. Hurley wouldn't even have to know that it was Mikhail who killed him -- Jacob knew, and tried to use it, unsuccessfully, to gain an audience with Hurley). I also think Jacob masked himself as Christian Shephard for a reason -- so Hurley will eventually tell Jack that he saw his father, ALIVE on the island, giving him yet another reason to want to go back.

As for Jacob, he's transcended time and space and acts as the brain of the island. He is the island's consciousness given a name. He's like a course correction program. The one who knows exactly how everything HAS to play out in order to "save the world". Without Jacob, or someone with the same capabilities he has, humanity is doomed. Since Jacob isn't restricted by time and space, he can probably jump in and out of time whenever he pleases, and is likely capable of seeing how the past needs to be fixed in order to change the future. This also makes it possible that Ms. Hawking/Brother Campbell was just Jacob in disguise, jumping through time and masking himself once again.

So, who protects Jacob? The smoke monster. As Danielle said, it is a security system. It read Eko's memories, then it reported to Jacob. It determined that Eko was the prime candidate to make it so Locke wouldn't push the button, so the monster came back, gave Eko a vision, and led them to the Pearl station. When it read Locke in Walkabout, it flashed a bright light because it determind that Locke was crucial for the endgame. Same with Juliet. The monster is sort of like Jacob's dog, kind of like the dog painting in Jacob's cabin...

BEN'S RELATIONSHIP WITH JACOB

Ben, being special like he is, is able to see and speak to Jacob, a being that is really only a constant visitor to our plane of existence. So why does Jacob need Ben? Because Ben is (for the most part), loyal to Jacob, and executes his will accordingly. If Jacob didn't have Ben and only had the smoke monster, Jacob wouldn't be able to manipulate events as well, and as we all know, Ben is a master of manipulation. Ben is a necessary evil until Locke finally starts to understand the scope of what needs to be done on the island. As for how Jacob uses Ben - Jacob must travel through time, gather the information he needs about the outcome he wants, and then inform Ben about what needs to happen to obtain the outcome. This way, Ben know's exactly what to say to keep people in check, and him and Jacob are always one step ahead of everyone. When Ben isn't physically capable of doing the manipulation, the smoke monster is used for intimidation, or Jacob just appears as another perso! n from their past.

chairmenmeow47
02-29-2008, 07:28 AM
This episode answered more questions than any this season - or possibly for the entire series for me. Time travel has been a speculation for a long time, but I think that Daniel learned (obviously) how to split time. It's the Donnie Darko nonsense/Sliding Doors law of multiple planes of existence. I love this angle. Dharma knew the power of this island. Daniel figured it out and used it as a location for his hypotheses and utilized himself as a guinea pig. I feel like we're finally getting answers - but they're the best kind. The kind that deal with the general unknown outside laws of physics which make magic inside the means of a plot due to possibility. Like the movie Primer - only for the common person.

So time refracts on the island due to radiation. Desmond is the key to understanding this because he underwent the most severe radiation. I wonder if the man on the boat (on the stretcher in sick bay) was Ben's contact - because it all fell apart for Ben the same time that dude would have been restrained because he was "crazy" - either he or the partner he mentioned.

I feel that Ben is privvy to the knowledge only Daniel understands and now Desmond is learning. I believe Jacob is a metaphorical mirror that allows people to see through the looking glass or to the other side. I think the call of "Help Me" might have been Locke's voice from the other side. Ben's in on this for whatever reason - as is Mr. Widmore. Ben is a protector of the knowledge he was practically born into, Mr. Widmore is a collector and financial chairman of the phenomenon, and Daniel is the scientist that struggles to understand the metaphysical possibilities both conceptually and geographically. Penny doesn't understand her father's invested interest in the island or the possibilities - so her calls are ignored because her ties are purely emotional and interfere with the experiment. The survivors of Oceanic 815, Desmond, and even members of the Dharma initiative are guinea pigs - like Sawyer and Kate in the cages. The island is a cage, or a rat maze, etc. They're studying the effects of radiation on time refraction and time travel. It's possible Daniel thinks he figured this out and devoted his life to the discovery - but people were already ahead of him.

Breakjaw suggested at some point that there's a wormhole that splits the time. I think that it exists everywhere around the island outside of the coordinates that Michael and the helicopter took - can anyone confirm that they were the same nautical coordinates? One of the questions is whether this island location naturally was able to produce a wormhole on its own (like the energy of the island was such that it could stave off cancer) or if it was found to be a sufficient location to house such a thing created by man.

We know 5 of the Oceanic Six survivors still, by my count. Correct me if I'm wrong (Aaron counts, right?) - but I think that the person in the casket was a shared acquaintance through the betrayal of the Oceanic Six (who know a little but not the whole story even in the future), but is an outside character who takes part in deceiving them all. I don't think the person in the casket is one of the Oceanic six anymore. Ben is manipulating them in this other "future" plane because they're all acutely aware now that they're off the island, and some think that the refracted time can be mended - and anyone who's seen Back to the Future knows that messing with time can get messy. Some of the six have figured that out and that's how they know they need to return.

Some of this is "duh" and some of it is straight up retarded. I'm just so amped after watching that episode that I wanted to come on here and run my mouth. It helps to work all these thoughts out in print even though I'm not offering any real insight. Damn, what a good episode.

i <3 this post (and i will probably <3 the one above me when i have time to finish it). it also seems strange to me that the coffin would contain someone we know. most everyone we know has had flashbacks that involve relationships with other people. it's hard to imagine that if one of our regulars died, that NO ONE would show up. ESPECIALLY if it's one of the oceanic six and they are as popular as kate appears to be. it just doesn't make sense and it's another reason i haven't been breaking my back to find out who's in the coffin this season.

it would also make sense for minkowski (the guy in the sick bay) to be ben's contact because he went out to check out the island. it sounded like he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing that. which would make sense. i'm sure whoever sent the freighter there knows the island is capable of something unknown and they probably don't want people trying to wander over. minkowski would probably be ok taking such a risk if he had to make contact with ben or one of ben's people. he probably also did this around the time the hatch blew, IMO. i hope we see some flashbacks of that guy and that he's not gone. i like that actor.

i don't think we've gotten a clear answer as to whether or not faraday "remembered" the meeting with desmond or whether penny knew desmond was going to call christmas eve. though desmond said he didn't think faraday remembered (and i'd be more inclined to believe that), i don't think we can rule out the possibility yet that faraday remembered (but may have forgotten if he's stuck in some sort of mental time warp himself). that would play into the memory theory someone mentioned above though...

the post above mentions the importance of memory and the flashbacks. i also think the flashbacks are important, because in the early seasons, flashbacks were seen more as something disruptive. like it was on their mind while they were walking. and then there's actual manifistations like when kate saw the horse in the jungle. the importance of memory may not also be relevant to time, but to actual matter and objects. jack's issues (memories?) with his father may have been strong enough to bring him to the island for example. or locke's memories of his "father" may have been strong enough to bring him to the island. just another thought to add to that. i think that would make sense because scientists that deal with space don't generally refer to it as space and time, it's generally thought of as one, space/time.

I FREAKING LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! i squeeled when i saw it was a desmond episode :)

BeHereNOW
02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
what was that written on daniel's notebook last night at the end?

Young blood
02-29-2008, 07:49 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/screen-capture-14.jpg

his anchor.

BeHereNOW
02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
i think this episode of last night was as good as last seasons final ep...
definitely daniel its a good actor and he maybe around for a while on the show

chairmenmeow47
02-29-2008, 07:55 AM
daniel its a good actor

definitely a great actor. he really stood out in "rescue dawn" :)

psychic friend
02-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Last nights episode is one of the only ones I enjoyed every single minute from start to finish.

For one thing. It had a START (as all the episodes do), the the fucking best part of this episode is IT HAD A FINISH. It didn't leave you hanging wondering if Desmond would be ok until the next week when they changed topics all together. Everytime a commercial came on I was on the edge of my seat.

I felt such satisfaction, contentment and relief at the end as opposed to anger, resentment and frustration.

YAY LOST.

BeHereNOW
02-29-2008, 08:13 AM
when desmond actually talked with penny and they both say they love each other and that they will look and found each other and the battery went down... damn! this would have to be one the happiest moments so far in Lost...

captncrzy
02-29-2008, 08:46 AM
i like Young Blood's theories. I'm not that intuitive and thoughtful into these types of things..I'm more of an entertainment "monkey"...just show me stuff and tell me how it ends. I love the ideas about the reset button and since the hatch blew, they can't reset things anymore.

chairmenmeow47
02-29-2008, 08:49 AM
i just finished that theory young blood posted. WOW, great find!

That's why Ben told Locke he brought his father there. That's why I think Hurley saw Mikhail in Jacob's cabin (Hurley was wanting to get revenge against the man who killed Charlie, and Jacob was trying to give him that opportunity.

THANK YOU THANK YOU! i have been saying that was mikhail all along and people don't believe me!!! i'm glad to see someone else thought the same thing :)

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I was tearing up in that scene that cuts back and forth real quick with desmond and penny on the phone. I love how that was edited.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 08:58 AM
I also thought one eyed willie was inside when Hurley encountered the cabin.

chairmenmeow47
02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I was tearing up in that scene that cuts back and forth real quick with desmond and penny on the phone. I love how that was edited.

i know!!! and the look on his face when he's outside penny's house and she finally picks up. he smiles like he knows it's going to be ok, I LOVED IT!!! they are my favourite couple, along with bernard and rose.

and good catch, fikus222 :)

Young blood
02-29-2008, 09:08 AM

That was one of the best scenes so far.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Ah shucks ma'am, just here to help...nah, but I was wondering why they zoomed in on Desmond's face when she told him that Charlie told her about the Island and boat, didn't Desmond already know Charlie spoke to her? When he was running to the door in the sea lab, didn't he see her face on the screen?

bballarl
02-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I think the island is part of the Bermuda Triangle.

bballarl
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
And I'm not joking. I think that the storm or whatever that Desmond/Sayid/whatshisname were caught in is similar to the storms that pilots were caught in when they disappeared (because evidently that is one of the aspects of the Bermuda Triangle). So maybe there are multiple triangles or something like that.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
My friend said that there was a lady in the others book club with the name earhart.

Oh and....

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Earhart

chairmenmeow47
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
And I'm not joking. I think that the storm or whatever that Desmond/Sayid/whatshisname were caught in is similar to the storms that pilots were caught in when they disappeared (because evidently that is one of the aspects of the Bermuda Triangle). So maybe there are multiple triangles or something like that.

i watched a special about the bermuda triangle once and i think you're right. the special was comparing them to black holes and then the hypothetical "white hole". which might make sense if they have to follow the specific bearing to not end up in another space/time.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
According to non supernatural explanations, the Bermuda triangle's sea bed releases pockets of built up gases and they are what cause the ships and planes disappearances.

BeHereNOW
02-29-2008, 10:25 AM
the Lost island is located in the pacific, no?

bermuda triangle is in the atlantic =\

fikus222
02-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh great, now you've brought facts into the picture...yes the Bermuda triangle connects Peurto Rico, Miami and Bermuda.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
There are 12 "Bermuda Triangles" or vile vortices around the globe. Fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vile_Vortices

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
it would have been funnier if you started the sentence with Fact. instead of ending it.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Im rolling team end of sentence fact. We drop facts on you then rub it in by telling you it was a fact. fact. <-----see what I did there? fact^2.

bballarl
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh great, now you've brought facts into the picture...yes the Bermuda triangle connects Peurto Rico, Miami and Bermuda.

I said that the island is probably part of another triangle.

Neutral Milk Hotel
02-29-2008, 01:07 PM
If I remember correctly, Faraday's experiment on Eloise resulted in her moving FORWARD in time. So, I imagine at some point Faraday unsticks himself in time, and flashes forward to his time on the island. When he does this, he encounters Desmond or somehow knows he's on the island, and in his past he writes what he does in his notebook as a warning to himself. Faraday's unstuckedness is also why he has a caretaker. Maybe the card test with Charlotte has something to do with this? I suspect we'll see Faraday start to act very funny in the near future (unless he has ALREADY been experiencing this and that's why he seems forgetful. As a physicist, and having encountered Desmond already in the past, he probably knew his flashes would result in the same kind of disorientation/amnesia that Desmond experienced. Since he knows this though he wouldn't freak out like Desmond and would try to keep his condition a secret, though he would still be trying to piece together things to figure out what he was doing/where he was)

Sexecutioner
02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
yea, the fact that he knows he might need a constant "in case anything goes wrong" means that he thinks he might start traveling back and forth in time himself.

god, i love this fuckin show.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 02:06 PM
If I remember correctly, Faraday's experiment on Eloise resulted in her moving FORWARD in time. So, I imagine at some point Faraday unsticks himself in time, and flashes forward to his time on the island. When he does this, he encounters Desmond or somehow knows he's on the island, and in his past he writes what he does in his notebook as a warning to himself. Faraday's unstuckedness is also why he has a caretaker. Maybe the card test with Charlotte has something to do with this? I suspect we'll see Faraday start to act very funny in the near future (unless he has ALREADY been experiencing this and that's why he seems forgetful)

Wouldn't it be because Desmond is fucking with his past? Until that moment when he was on the island and told Desmond to find him in 1996 he had no idea why he was sad because of a plane crash or was forgetful of things. He was in essence re-writing his past so old memory's were being replaced with new ones.

Or possibly by coming to the island he is experiencing the same side effects as Desmond from the radiation.....and that was why they guy on the boat said "DANIEL CANT EVEN HELP HIMSELF NOW!" The loops in time become closer and closer and more frequent in time. Thats could also be the reason for the numbers and reseting them every 108 min. the island was on a constant time loop dharma could conduct m-theroy/ string experiments ect. Then they could see the desired outcomes and reset it after each of the tests. I think Im confusing myself now. fucking tv show.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 04:11 PM
There are 12 "Bermuda Triangles" or vile vortices around the globe. Fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vile_Vortices

Pardon my difficulty, but since when is Wikipedia the end all fact base?

I've also sailed within the triangle and the fillings in my teeth only picked up a few radio stations, very disappointing.

Down Rodeo
02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Holy crap, I just watched yesterday's episode and I'd say it's easily one of the greatest Lost episodes I've seen yet. The show is taking an insanely awesome turn.

ivankay
02-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Ah shucks ma'am, just here to help...nah, but I was wondering why they zoomed in on Desmond's face when she told him that Charlie told her about the Island and boat, didn't Desmond already know Charlie spoke to her? When he was running to the door in the sea lab, didn't he see her face on the screen?

That Desmond on the phone with Penny was the one from 96 and has no idea who Charlie is.

Fucking love Lost.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
That Desmond on the phone with Penny was the one from 96 and has no idea who Charlie is.

Fucking love Lost.

hmmm...I think that maybe they zoomed in because that was when Desmond's split was healed.

ivankay
02-29-2008, 05:11 PM
hmmm...I think that maybe they zoomed in because that was when Desmond's split was healed.

ahhhhh.

Does anyone have a clear shot of the connected circles in Daniel's journal on the page before he gets to the note about Desmond being his constant? In pause i can see a connection between 2 circles that reads "Real Time" and then can't make out the notes on the lines that branch off into the other circles.

One of the lines does say "Space - Time".

Young blood
02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

my photobucket is being a hooker, or I am to drunk to upload it, but go down the page a little and you will see it.

bballarl
02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I really like Daniel Faraday.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 05:40 PM
gay.

p sike.

ilikes him2.

bballarl
02-29-2008, 05:41 PM
So based on those pictures, he had already written in his journal that Desmond should be his constant. Time travel is confusing.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 05:42 PM
When Im drunk I time travel.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 06:01 PM
My friend refers to his Black Outs as time travel too.

captncrzy
02-29-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm drunk right now.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I/m about to pick up a Dharma 6er right about now...

bartelby
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
i love you fucking people...this analysis is fantastic

and yes, i'm drunk right now

bballarl
02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
There is a thread for drunkeness and a thread for Lost. Let's not mix the two.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Mixers for everyone !!!

captncrzy
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
i love you fucking people...this analysis is fantastic

and yes, i'm drunk right now

Cheers.

captncrzy
02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
ahhhhh.

Does anyone have a clear shot of the connected circles in Daniel's journal on the page before he gets to the note about Desmond being his constant? In pause i can see a connection between 2 circles that reads "Real Time" and then can't make out the notes on the lines that branch off into the other circles.

One of the lines does say "Space - Time".

I STILL have a crush on you Ivankay. Cuz of your skillz.

fikus222
02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Are we 'allowed' to talk about the previews, like for next week's episode?

ivankay
02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

my photobucket is being a hooker, or I am to drunk to upload it, but go down the page a little and you will see it.

The other line says "Imaginary Time". Awesome. i think this is presenting the suggested theory that you can alter the past event, but not necessarily the future event (being on the Island, but memories being changed). All the circles will lead to the end of the "Real Time" line, but can have bumps in the Imaginary and Space/Time Lines and still get to the same point.

And "ah, shucks Captn'".

Young blood
02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
I think his drwaing matches up with the different hatches on the island 2. Yeah.

fasttrack
02-29-2008, 08:33 PM
i just watched last nights episode. it's the best one yet.

ivankay
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I think his drwaing matches up with the different hatches on the island 2. Yeah.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_pG1kU-zfuxM/R8eEwwnj8xI/AAAAAAAAAJc/2d5cQ9xjaxM/s1600/screen-capture-12.jpg

and

http://crapfilter.net/images/lost/doormap.jpg

better version with translations:

http://zegnou.free.fr/cleanwall-707484.jpg

captncrzy
03-01-2008, 06:01 AM
So...is the "disease" the time jumping?

andnonewasthewiser
03-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I just finished watching the new episode and it rocked my pinche face! I especially love that whole science aspect of explaining what's going on with the island. It makes it a little more believable for me. Explaining everything that's going on with "it was all a dream" would be lame.

fikus222
03-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Okay nobody said not to, so I'd like to draw attention to the fact that next week's episode preview has people in either in Tyvex suits or Contamination prevention suits, I was wondering when they would get back around to the infection's plot line. Also that B*$#h anthropologist is pistol whipping people, not cool.

fikus222
03-02-2008, 01:17 PM
So Hanso totally lied and said they recovered the Black Rock's log book from Pirates. I wonder if 'they' wrote Penny's Dad buying the book for any other reason than just to amuse us or if it will figure later in the plot.

ghettojournalist
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
he has a hand in the cover-up of the flight crash.

fikus222
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
he has a hand in the cover-up of the flight crash.

Hmmm...very interesting.

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Are we 'allowed' to talk about the previews, like for next week's episode?

yes, please do! anything that is shown to us on television is fair game :)

i'd say, the best bet is to please not discuss spoilers. this includes if you somehow see an episode before it's normal airtime or if you have information that was leaked online.

also, the ARG and lost experience stuff seems interesting (i didn't participate), so i'd say feel free to discuss that too, so long as you call out that it's a part of the experience and was not a part of the show.

*sigh* i wish it was thursday...

oh, and my mom agrees that scottish army desmond is hot, lol.

BeHereNOW
03-03-2008, 08:44 AM
army desmond = crazy
island desmod = mouse

chairmenmeow47
03-03-2008, 09:26 AM
army desmond = crazy

you know what they say, crazy in the head, CRAZY IN BED =P

bug on your lip
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
my cocks are wayyyyyyy crazy then

BeHereNOW
03-05-2008, 06:58 AM
we need more lost!

this may have been the less commented episode in this thread... and the best one so far... weird

Young blood
03-05-2008, 07:30 AM
I like the nod to bill and ted with army desmond time travelin in the phone booth.

bug on your lip
03-05-2008, 07:41 AM
we need more lost!

this may have been the less commented episode in this thread... and the best one so far... weird

it was one of the best !!

but there was so much thrown at us that it takes a while to digest methinks

chairmenmeow47
03-05-2008, 07:44 AM
ya know, young blood, in all the theories i've been reading this week, i haven't seen ANY mention of bill and ted, excellent work :)

i did read an interesting theory that one of the reasons they may have to say there were originally 8 survivors instead of 6 is that pennie saw charlie. so i wonder if something might happen where somehow people are aware of others who survived the crash.

also, any theories on why mr. widmore left the water running when he washed his hands? that was so strange...

BeHereNOW
03-05-2008, 07:53 AM
THAT was weird....

i was viewing 'through the looking glass' this past monday and I'm not sure but I think this season's penny its different actress from last seasons... =p

chairmenmeow47
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
THAT was weird....

i was viewing 'through the looking glass' this past monday and I'm not sure but I think this season's penny its different actress from last seasons... =p

i'm pretty sure it's the same penny. i remember noticing her on that soft core HBO show "tell me you love me". she was really freaking annoying on that show.

Young blood
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_%28novel%29

He time travels around wator.

bug on your lip
03-05-2008, 08:10 AM
same Penny

i think she gained a few pounds

chairmenmeow47
03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
someone posted this link on the http://www.4815162342.com forums:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/lost-questions-answered/080304-01

Lost: The Cast's Burning Questions Answered!
by Shawna Malcom
Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Josh Holloway apparently has had it up to "hair" with Sawyer's look.
"It's no shock to say that Season 4 ends with the Oceanic 6 getting off the island," Lost executive producer Damon Lindelof shares with TV Guide. "The real mystery is how, and what they have to sacrifice, and what happens to the people who didn't leave. You get all that this year." Sounds good, we'll take it. But what other intel are producers willing to spill? To find out, we turned to no, not viewers but to Lost cast members themselves for their own burning questions. Warning! The producers' answers could cause a major head rush, if not a full-on Desmond-style time jump.

Jorge Garcia (Hurley): "Is Ben in the coffin?"
Carlton Cuse: Come on, Jorge!
Damon Lindelof: Seriously! [To Cuse] He's just trying to make sure it's not him. It's process of elimination. The next question is, "Is it Michael?" [Laughs]
Cuse: Before the end of the year, you will know who's in the coffin.
Lindelof: And Jorge will definitely know before anyone else.

Yunjin Kim (Sun): "Is Aaron actually one of the Oceanic 6?"
Cuse: We're not officially saying yet. We want the audience to engage in an active debate about who the Oceanic 6 are.
Lindelof: Following [Sayid's] episode, we got several inquiries we weren't anticipating about, 'Is Ben a member of the Oceanic 6?' He could've assumed the identity of somebody on the plane [with] no surviving family members. Who the actual six are is very much in play through the end of the [March 13th] episode. We'll confirm or deny after that.

Josh Holloway (Sawyer): "Is it Jack's turn with Kate?"
Cuse: [Laughs] That doesn't sound very romantic, but I guess we get the underlying meaning. The Jack-Kate situation remains unresolved and probably will be for a while.
Lindelof: We will say we haven't seen the last of Sawyer and Kate this season. Not by a long shot.

Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond): "It's 2004 on the boat. What year is it in Penny's world? What year is it when the Oceanic 6 get home?"
Lindelof: What's fundamentally interesting about all the time-jumping is that we want it to make sense when people watch the show 10 years from now. We don't want it to seem dated. So it's not really about what year it is in the outside world, it's about how many years have elapsed between the time that we're watching on the island and the flash-forwards. That's one of the fun games the audience is playing: "Gee, Aaron looks like he's about 18 months old. What does that mean, and how old was he when they got off the island?"
Cuse: There are some growth issues when you go on or off the island. But I can't say more about that.
Lindelof: You've already said enough.

Evangeline Lilly (Kate): "Did Michael reach the mainland? Go home? Come back to rescue us?"
Cuse: The good news is that Evie will get all of her answers in [the March 20th] episode.
Lindelof: Well, most of them.
Cuse: Those questions form the basis for that episode. Evie should be somewhat happy.

Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet): "Why did Juliet become such a badass? Who trained her — the Others?"
Cuse: I think there was probably some martial arts in New Otherton.
Lindelof: She probably went out shooting with Friendly back in the day, which is why she can handle a firearm so well. But the real inspiration for Juliet being a badass was Elizabeth herself. When she read for the part, she had this huge cast on her arm and was talking about her days of kickboxing....
Cuse: And then she beat Damon up.

Holloway: "Sawyer needs a freakin' haircut! Since I'm living with Hurley, can he cut my hair?"
Lindelof: [Laughs] That episode's a casualty of the strike.
Cuse: But yeah, Josh can have a haircut.
Lindelof: Josh might've forgotten, but this is a recurring request from him. He's like, 'My hair's getting long, can't Kate cut it?' So we did an episode [in Season 2] where Kate cuts his hair. I love how Josh chooses who's going to be his barber at any given time!

Cusick: "Did Jack's flash-forward in the third-season finale take place after the events of Sayid's most-recent episode?"
Cuse and Lindelof: Yes.

Naveen Andrews (Sayid): "Damon spoke once about going back into Sayid's childhood. It didn't sound like bulls--t at the time. Has he abandoned that?"
Lindelof: I love how he phrases it — "It didn't sound like bulls--t at the time" — [implying], "But it certainly seems like bulls--t now." [Laughs] It's certainly something we still want to do. It wouldn't necessarily be an entire flashback based in his childhood, but there may be significant things that happened when Sayid was a kid that we need to reveal.

Check out full episodes and clips of Lost in our Online Video Guide.

For much, much more on Lost, watch for the March 3 issue of TV Guide, on sale this week. Try four risk-free issues of TV Guide now!

Send your comments on this feature to letters@tvguide.com.

bartelby
03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
you rule...thx ivy

fikus222
03-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I read that the writer's strike meant that only 8 episodes of the current season have been filmed. Since the strike, have they gotten back to filming the rest of the season and will it be ready for us in a timely manner?

chairmenmeow47
03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I read that the writer's strike meant that only 8 episodes of the current season have been filmed. Since the strike, have they gotten back to filming the rest of the season and will it be ready for us in a timely manner?

yep. they're taking a break after what's already been filmed and coming back with five new episodes starting april 24th, according to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(TV_series)

just don't click the source link to that cause i found a spoiler when i did :(

fikus222
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Coolio, that's great news. Thanks.

BeHereNOW
03-05-2008, 06:17 PM
someone posted this link on the http://www.4815162342.com forums:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/lost-questions-answered/080304-01

Holloway: "Sawyer needs a freakin' haircut! Since I'm living with Hurley, can he cut my hair?"
Lindelof: [Laughs] That episode's a casualty of the strike.
Cuse: But yeah, Josh can have a haircut.
Lindelof: Josh might've forgotten, but this is a recurring request from him. He's like, 'My hair's getting long, can't Kate cut it?' So we did an episode [in Season 2] where Kate cuts his hair. I love how Josh chooses who's going to be his barber at any given time!

(rockstar)

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 10:53 PM
that interview was a nice find ivy. also, you have 666 posts, you evil little lost freak!

breakjaw
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
I've been relatively lucky throughout my lifetime to have the metabolism to eat stuff I like and not gain a huge amount of weight.Recently I've been fairly alarmed at the drastic weight gain of both Jorge Garcia and Artie Lange,(from the Howard Stern Show).They are both guys I think are exceptionally gifted at what they do,and it's somewhat sad to see that they both just sort of said "Fuck it" to trying to control their weight to make their life better (and last longer).I'm not anti-fat people,and I hate when people hate on these people,for what obviously is a tragic kind of vicious self-loathing cycle they are trapped in...

bartelby
03-06-2008, 04:11 AM
wah?

breakjaw
03-06-2008, 07:09 AM
From the time I first saw him (playing the guy selling Larry David weed on Curb Your Enthusiasm) until now,I'll bet Jorge has gained over a hundred pounds.That's pretty drastic.

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2008, 07:42 AM
I've been relatively lucky throughout my lifetime to have the metabolism to eat stuff I like and not gain a huge amount of weight.Recently I've been fairly alarmed at the drastic weight gain of both Jorge Garcia and Artie Lange,(from the Howard Stern Show).They are both guys I think are exceptionally gifted at what they do,and it's somewhat sad to see that they both just sort of said "Fuck it" to trying to control their weight to make their life better (and last longer).I'm not anti-fat people,and I hate when people hate on these people,for what obviously is a tragic kind of vicious self-loathing cycle they are trapped in...

i have had two friends in this hospital already this year (one is still there, and we will be watching lost medical hatch style tonight) over their weight. not just their weight, but their diet and non-excercise habits. it is sad. i know it's harder for some people to lose weight. but at least take care of yourself! one friend had heart and breathing problems and the other just had a large piece of his intestine removed and also heart problems. so good point, take care of yourself, hurley!!! we <3 you!!!

Young blood
03-06-2008, 08:16 AM
I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that daniels drawings and blast door map matched up....

Its okay there are no spoilers.

http://impossiblefunky.blogspot.com/2008/02/faradays-journal.html

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2008, 08:43 AM
I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that daniels drawings and blast door map matched up....

Its okay there are no spoilers.

http://impossiblefunky.blogspot.com/2008/02/faradays-journal.html

nice find! i forgot all about the hatch door until recently. i remember the next day at work trying to decipher all that.

Cancersticks1
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I have a theory that Ben was Minkowski's constant. He could have been Ben's contact on the boat, possibly been aware of it and in contact with Minkowski in the past as well as the present. When the rest of his team strapped him down they kept him from further contact with Ben which caused his death. Thoughts?

Blinken
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Damn i just remembered that Lost is tonight and i can't watch it because of the Foo Fighters. Oh well.

Cancersticks1
03-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Also, I remember a while back someone had posted what the article Jack had concerning "who's in the coffin" supposedly said. If I remember correctly it was something to the effect of "Is survived by his son" could that have been "HER son?" meaning Claire of course. As for no one being there, Jack is the only family she had, whether they know that or not, and if only 6 people made it off the island; Sayid's obviously kind of busy and out of touch, Jack made it, Hurley's in the nuthouse again, Kate acted like she disliked said person, but that could have something to do with Aaron. As for the remaining 1 or 2, it stands to reason that Sun and Jin (or at least Sun) would have left, since Sun would die if she stayed on the island because of the pregnancy. She made a point of wanting to raise her baby in Korea, so it wouldn't surprise me that she couldn't make the funeral either.

edit:
Hmm.. On second thought, Jack says he's neither friend or family, when he was in fact both. so maybe not.

Cancersticks1
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Ok, a few more. I agree entirely with the post made a few pages back about memory/time travel, and how the timeline has shifted as a result of Desmonds time traveling, albeit only slightly altering the island and it's inhabitants. That could explain why the outside world believes them to be dead and have found 815 in the ocean. Perhaps Jack wasn't lying when he said 8, maybe once the got back to the outside world they entered into the alternate timeline in which there were no survivors. Also, I've found it weird how Jack keeps refering to his dad as though he was alive, it's possible that as a result of the shifts, his dad didn't die in australia, in fact his dad could be the person in the coffin. again granted, he said he wasn't family but that may or not have been meant to be taken literally. Just a thought.

bartelby
03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
ok, so this episode has been less than exciting but i'm still hooked....

Zygomatic
03-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Agreed, I just never found an interest in Juliet.

But what irks me is how we still don't know who the contact is on the ship?

Sexecutioner
03-06-2008, 06:08 PM
ok, so this episode has been less than exciting but i'm still hooked....

hey, dont talk about it till we've all seen it, holmes!

bartelby
03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
sorry bro - don't read the page until you've watched the show!

Young blood
03-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Did anyone see what I saw at the end of the episode where they show "on next weeks lost" someone jumping off a freighter with weights and chains on them.....WTF!?

JClemy
03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
ah I was worried about seeing spoilers. Watching it soon. Excitement.

BeHereNOW
03-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Did anyone see what I saw at the end of the episode where they show "on next weeks lost" someone jumping off a freighter with weights and chains on them.....WTF!?

i certainly saw that....
that 1 sec part of the previews was far more intersting than all this episode.... boring

Young blood
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
This episode was alright it did give us a lot. Next week wiill be awesome.

captncrzy
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Ah that episode kinda sucked. It must be a setup for next week.

BeHereNOW
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
it was ok, i guess...

i saw the repetition of last weeks at 8 and i was still thrilled.... =/

bug on your lip
03-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Agreed, I just never found an interest in Juliet.

But what irks me is how we still don't know who the contact is on the ship?

THAT ONE IS EASY

it's Michael

Young blood
03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
hahahahahaha......spoilers.

BeHereNOW
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
i was thinking more Sayids for the spy on the ship

bug on your lip
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
not much of a spoiler...
they fukkin paraded him around at fan conventions saying "HAY WE'RE BRINGING MICHAEL BACK THIS SEASON.. DURRRRRRRR"

Young blood
03-06-2008, 07:58 PM
you saw pictures you Liar.

bug on your lip
03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
nooo..
it's nothin more than a guess...

but i know it's gonna be him

fikus222
03-06-2008, 09:25 PM
It would make sense that Michael is the spy. If he's the one in the coffin, then future Kate still hates him, so he must not do all that much good for the survivors.

I was watching season one again and I noticed that the church courtyard where Charlie's brother convinces him to stay in Drive Shaft is the same courtyard that they use for Oxford when '96 Desmond meets Daniel.

ghettojournalist
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
the episode was kinda blah until the end. i love the look on Hurley and Sawyer's faces.

fikus222
03-06-2008, 09:43 PM
the episode was kinda blah until the end. i love the look on Hurley and Sawyer's faces.

"see you at dinner?"

alex97
03-07-2008, 04:54 AM
i agree on the michael theory, cause yeah, they said michael was coming back.. it could be him..

Cancersticks1
03-07-2008, 05:43 AM
THAT ONE IS EASY

it's Michael

Definitely, Ben implied Locke knew him and then the preview for next week said "someone we never thought we'd see again." It makes sense anyway as he would know how to navigate back to the island.

captncrzy
03-07-2008, 06:42 AM
More and more I'm thinking it's Michael in the coffin. It says something in the newspaper article that he has a teenage son, and I saw the words "new york"...wasn't Michael from new york?

BeHereNOW
03-07-2008, 06:49 AM
michael is a nobody on the real world, how could he be an undercover spy for ben?
nah, i think sayids....

Cancersticks1
03-07-2008, 06:52 AM
michael is a nobody on the real world, how could he be an undercover spy for ben?
nah, i think sayids....

Ben manipulates people, and Michael was the most easily manipulated of them all.

Cancersticks1
03-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Also, would Michael qualify as one of the Oceanic 6?

Young blood
03-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Did anyone catch the trailer for next weeks episode?

Addendum: Ben "See you guys at dinner" in a jovial way had me laughing my ass off.

Cancersticks1
03-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Did anyone catch the trailer for next weeks episode?

Yeah, I think that's where the bulk of the Michael theories are coming from.

Cancersticks1
03-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Ben is the best TV villian since The Claw.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/f6/180px-Inspector_Gadget14.jpg

Young blood
03-07-2008, 06:59 AM
I swear I saw clair jumping off the freighter with weights and chains all over her.

Zygomatic
03-07-2008, 07:03 AM
I want it to be Walt ( the contact).

chairmenmeow47
03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
yeah, i think it's pretty obvious michael is the contact on the boat. they've alluded to it pretty hardcore, his name is in the credits, we pretty much know he's back this season and it just makes sense.

i hate duck lips... err juliet. her episodes suck and i have zero interest in her. the "see you at dinner" thing was funny, but what had me laughing in hysterics was watching ben try to put the moves on juliet. seeing him all in love was just funny.

i still have a hard time believing any of the oceanic 6 are in the coffin. even if everyone they knew hated them, he would be a celebrity if he was one of the 6 and people with no jobs would still take the time to come to his funeral. personally, i think it is going to be outta left field when we find out.

oh, and in the preview for next week, it looked like there was a piece of paper like "no one disobeys the captain" or something to that effect. wtf was that about?!

Yablonowitz
03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
This thread is stupid because I don't watch that show.

thestripe
03-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Yabs,
What are you going to do when The Wire ends? I think you should get caught up on Lost.

menikmati
03-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm down to watching only Survivor, because fucking NBC took FNL off!

BeHereNOW
03-07-2008, 08:22 AM
lost>survivor>The Wire

chairmenmeow47
03-07-2008, 09:26 AM
lost>survivor>The Wire

THANK YOU!

also, i wonder when we'll get to see annie again; the girl ben was in love with as a kid. the whole juliet thing got me thinking about it.

psychic friend
03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
ya that episode was meh

as usual, looking forward till next week.

caco0283
03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
oh, and in the preview for next week, it looked like there was a piece of paper like "no one disobeys the captain" or something to that effect. wtf was that about?!

it said "dont trust the captain"

ghettojournalist
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
hasn't it been shown that Walt can open things without being there? he could be behind the open sick bay door.

Sexecutioner
03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
seeing ben frolicking around in the kitchen like a fairy WAS pretty funny. just the way he walks, he looks gayer than gaypalmsprings. its hard to believe hes in love with juliet. other than his fairy strut, he IS a pretty good villain.

michael was on the plane, so technically he could be one of the oceanic 6, right? but then so was walt, and walt would make it 7, wouldnt it?

i think maybe it was michael in the coffin, but he wasnt one of the oceanic 6, so therefore he wasnt a celebrity, and nobody came to his funeral. this would also explain being "Survived by his son".

Down Rodeo
03-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Remember when Desmond and Sayid were on the boat and the sick guy said something like, "You have a friend on the boat" when the door was opened? It would make sense that Michael is Ben's contact on the boat, because he might feel guilty about leaving the island and would want to help Desmond and Sayid. Therefore, he was probably the one that opened the door for them.

smilingdownward
03-08-2008, 08:05 AM
i hate duck lips... err juliet.
HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!! duck lips....

bballarl
03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I bet Otis Redding is the guy in the coffin.

Young blood
03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I bet Otis Redding is the guy in the coffin.

Layin in a coffin in east LA.....
Watin for god to take me away
Ooo, I'm just layin in a coffin in east LA
Wastin' time.

sorry.

Blinken
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
lost>survivor>The Wire

WRONG.

Wire>Lost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Survivor.

fikus222
03-08-2008, 07:10 PM
The Wire has second rate production values, Lost borders on movie quality and the story rocks, whereas the Wire's plot is just tired drug war stuff.

Blinken
03-09-2008, 03:07 AM
The Wire has second rate production values, Lost borders on movie quality and the story rocks, whereas the Wire's plot is just tired drug war stuff.

True production is better on Lost, and the writing is good. But to say the Wire is "just tired drug war stuff" is very ignorant, and tells me you really haven't watched the wire. You may have seen an episode or two but that doesn't mean shit. The Wire is about a whole city, and the institutions within the city. It is about how institutions keep the common man from succeeding in his duties. It may have started focusing solely on drugs, but there is so much more. It shows the broken politcal structure of Baltimore, the broken economy, the broken schools. To say it is only about drug wars when the show makes it a point to add a new layer ever season is wrong. I love Lost it is one of my favorite shows, but the Wire is the top for me. The reason i even posated this was because of the Survivor commment. A reality TV show is not better than something that is as well thought out as Lost or The Wire. Sorry for ranting.

This season has been really good so far though, i think the reason people where a bit bored with the last episode is that we have been accoustemed to flashforwards, and time-travel. It has spoiled us a bit i think. I know when i foundout it was only a flashforward i was slightly disapointed myself. But it was intereesting and we did learn alot.

Down Rodeo
03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, The Wire is equally as amazing as Lost.

fikus222
03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Okay, you got me Blinken, I have only seen a few episodes of the Wire. I'm sure there are cool intricacies to the Wire that I am unaware of and will probably continue to be unaware of.

Its just that I was in the Coast Guard and played an active role in narcotics interdiction. I lived the life and coordinated and executed over 40 tons of coke seizures in the Eastern pacific and I am perfectly aware of the futility and real reasons behind these operations.

Survivor sucks.

bballarl
03-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Wire > The Wire > Lost

chairmenmeow47
03-10-2008, 08:54 AM
take it to a wire thread!!! there is no point in trying to fight lost, lost will pounce you with a polar bear, shock you with it's electrical fences and choke you with it's smoke monster all while locke waits to skin your hide...

don't fuck with lost!

and i bet this week will be a total tease since next week is when michael comes back.

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
totally

fikus222
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Rawk on !!!

andnonewasthewiser
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I like that the Others went back to being freaky. Dang psychiatrist with the whispering.

chairmenmeow47
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I like that the Others went back to being freaky. Dang psychiatrist with the whispering.

oh yeah! i think if you play the whispers backwards, it says "paul is dead", lol.

seriously though, here are some whisper transcripts (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Whisper_transcripts).

i've only read a handful, but now that they're back i feel like i should read more. anyone have any for the last episode, "the other woman"? doesn't appear that lostpedia is updated yet.

fikus222
03-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Those whisper transcripts are very strange. I wonder what the whispers were referring to when they said Sawyer was approaching the "gate" when Sawyer was chasing his Pig tormentor.

BeHereNOW
03-10-2008, 05:52 PM
just the fact that Wire fans are here posting here makes Lost way better. fact =p

sbessiso
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
here's an ignorant question, im osrry, but have they ever explained what that monster from season one was? i think it ate the pilot (in the pilot episode), also, the polar bear? i've missed the last 2 seasons of Lost and seriously need to catch up, I was just one of those people that became frustrated with tons and tons of questions/mysteries popping up with almost no answers, god bless the dvd

Blinken
03-10-2008, 07:21 PM
here's an ignorant question, im osrry, but have they ever explained what that monster from season one was? i think it ate the pilot (in the pilot episode), also, the polar bear? i've missed the last 2 seasons of Lost and seriously need to catch up, I was just one of those people that became frustrated with tons and tons of questions/mysteries popping up with almost no answers, god bless the dvd

Smoke monster has to yet be explained, should be next season i hear. The polar bear is from the zoology research station on the island. The didn't explain the exact research being done.

ghettojournalist
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
the whispers sound like "Sarah, open the door."

fikus222
03-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Smoke monster has to yet be explained, should be next season i hear. The polar bear is from the zoology research station on the island. The didn't explain the exact research being done.

This season when Locke has the opportunity to ask Ben any question he wants, its the smoke monster that he asks about and it totally takes Ben aback...it was hilarious.

chairmenmeow47
03-11-2008, 08:24 AM
I was just one of those people that became frustrated with tons and tons of questions/mysteries popping up with almost no answers, god bless the dvd

i guess i don't understand this line of thinking. lost has always been a cliffhanger show to me. my dad used to talk about going to the movies every week to see the old cliffhangers, and i actually got him into the show by describing it as the ultimate cliffhanger. that's why i watch. i like the mystery. if we knew why everything was going on, it wouldn't be a very interesting show to watch. we'd just see kate whore around between sawyer and jack and eventually get pregnant and it would be boring.

but yeah, god bless the dvds and dvr!!! i <3 the rewind button :)

the whispers sound like "Sarah, open the door."

interesting theory :)

tessalasset
03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I agree Ivy. I love the pace of the show in the past. I'm actually worried that they're speeding it up so much. I like that it's taken us years to get this much info cause everything is just that much deeper. I love how many different elements they've introduced into the story. It's kind of like I never want it to end just because I love it so much.

BeHereNOW
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
i think its hard to engage on a show that everybody its telling you its the ultimate cliffhanger and that its already beyond 2 seasons in progress...

a friend of mine said that he doesn't like Lost because the scenarios are way too fake (not real) haha =$

I guess i'm just one of those people that loves to be frustrated with tons and tons of questions/mysteries and no answers week by week =p

Young blood
03-11-2008, 06:26 PM
how can you hear anything the whispers are saying?

My friends picked up on LOST at Season 3. Im still answering questions for them but its fun to bounce theories off different people.

I think tessa may-be a little stalkerish for this show.

BeHereNOW
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
we definitely need more lost... last ep was just ok, we need to go back to a desmond-like episiode which was awesome

ghettojournalist
03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
i just listen intently and seperate sounds. i got used to it listening to trent reznor stuff.

i heard the "open the door" part, but i didn't get Sarah until i heard the lost initiative webcast and they connected the sarah-jack-jack's father dots.

i also like their theory on libby...

tessalasset
03-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I think tessa may-be a little stalkerish for this show.

just because i got on the set and rode in a van with kate and took this picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/setkate.jpg

doesn't mean i'm a stalker. gosh.

fikus222
03-12-2008, 01:04 AM

Kate ? That looks a lot like Evangeline Lilly...

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2008, 08:22 AM

ha ha ha ha ha, i love tessa!!!

and what's the libby theory?

shakermaker113
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
holy crap. I just read the last page of this thread for the first time. I'm still on episode 12 of season 3. I must not come back here until I catch up.

where do they shoot? it looks a lot like a real island. also, was she opposed to you taking a good picture?

tessalasset
03-12-2008, 09:27 AM
i took it with my camera phone on silent, hanging down at my side, and i was just praying that it would come out. i didn't want her to know some random chick was taking pictures of her.

fikus, i thought it was evie too at first. i was sitting in the van waiting for her so we could drive to the set, and makeup peeps kept saying "we're waiting for evie. evie's almost ready. just a few more minutes. will someone please go get evie??" so i was prepared for evie to come out. but dude, the second she walked out of her trailer, in full kate garb with kate hair and no "makeup," dude, she was KATE. it was surreal. and her hair product smelled AMAZING. she's holding some book she was reading. i forget what it was but she was talking about how good it was.

shaker, they shoot on oahu. their main beach set, which is where i was that day, is on the north shore near hale'iwa.

ivy, what libby theory?

Young blood
03-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Please elaborate on the whole hair smelling thing. Cuz now you are scaring me. Or was it just that you could smell her hair product when she got in the van?

chairmenmeow47
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
i don't know, tessa, i saw this:

i also like their theory on libby...

and want to know though :)

tessalasset
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Please elaborate on the whole hair smelling thing. Cuz now you are scaring me. Or was it just that you could smell her hair product when she got in the van?

the latter. it was very potent. someone even commented about it in the van and she took out her bottle of hair gel to show us - it was some like Ocean Air or something. It is supposed to give hair that "ive been in the water but now it's been drying for a little bit" look. and i just remember it smelling so so good.

some other random memories of that day -

everyone was standing around the graves during ana lucia and libby's funeral, looking all sad, and in between takes, dominic took his cell phone out of his pocket to check text messages. i just remember being so weirded out by that.

in the van on the way back to the parking lot, daniel (jin) was cracking jokes the whole time and all the crew guys were laughing. he has an almost surfer dude speech. dominic opened the van door for me to get out and i said thanks but i was too nervous to introduce myself.

they had two other "aaron"s on set with their mothers. so basically if the baby emilie was holding started acting up, they'd just switch it out. she was really good with him between takes. playing with him and laughing and keeping him interested.

the beach they film on is public property, so you can pretty much just walk up to the beach camp set any time you want. it's kind of crazy.

Young blood
03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
UGHHHHhhhh I listened to the entire ABC podcast 22 min. Thanks ghettojerkface for not answering the question sooner and making me listen to the wrong podcast.

Did you get any other pics of the cast or location. I remember you had a ton of pics but I never looked through them :\ doh.

fikus222
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Tessa, that is most definitely an amazing and unique experience.

tessalasset
03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
yeah i have some shitty shitty ones from my camera phone when i was on the set. when i first got there, they had me sit with the director and watch it out of the monitors, but eventually they let me go up and watch them filming it with the rest of the crew. i didn't want to cause any commotion whatsoever so i didn't take any pics once i went up closer. i was nervous just about taking these and they dont even show anything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/set.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/set1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/setmonitorscharlie.jpg
the monitor on the left was a camera that was on a crane filming the whole camp slowly walking towards the graves. then the monitor on the right was a close up shot of each character. there's charlie's back on the screen there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/setmonitorssunandjin.jpg
sun and jin on the right monitor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/settrailers.jpg
a pic from inside the van while i was waiting for evie, looking out at their trailers in the parking lot. two or three actors each shared a trailer so i was trying to get a pic of the names on the trailer. it didn't come out but i wrote them down somewhere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/setgravesGOOD.jpg
i didnt take this pic, but that's where we were. all the actors were huddled around grave 4. at first i was sitting under that tent (which is on its side in the bush) and eventually i got to move up to grave 1 to watch them film. i didn't even realize it until i saw this photo that the church eko built is right behind where i was sitting (there was a back wall to the tent when i was sitting in it).

my only regret was not taking my time to see the set after they wrapped filming. i was so eager to get in a van with the actors that i didn't even walk around. i could see the beach camp in the distance down the beach a little bit, with fires burning and stuff, but i didn't even walk over there. i was just so nervous and didn't want to call attention to myself at all. in hindsight i would have said fuck it and walked around more and explored. oh well.

ghettojournalist
03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/03/lost-initiative-sky-one-podcast-of_09.html

i don't know the time they talk about it, but i like listening to these guys. the theory involves Libby being under the employ of Widmore and being another time-traveler, thus making sense that she was in with Hurley. i want to see her flashback!!!

BeHereNOW
03-12-2008, 05:08 PM
wow tessa that was great for sure

fikus222
03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I can honestly say that I do not think that the time traveling theme will be a prevalent plot device within future episodes. Therefore, I do not prescribe to this Libby theory.

Young blood
03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I think the Libby angle is so true...I thought it was more.

I dont think it is a spoiler issue but this is from lostpedia.

dont read it if you think it maybe shown in future eps.

After losing her husband Libby became extremely depressed and less social and when she spotted Desmond in the coffee shop, she decided to give a social life one more go. Libby wanted to get rid of the boat (perhaps "it caused too much pain") so she gave it to Desmond who informed her of his around the world race. A specific amount of time passed and she saw on the news or in a newspaper the story on the missing man who had disspeared while on a round-the-world race. Libby thought Desmond's dissapearance was her fault so on top of losing her husband to a sickness Libby cracked it and was institutionalised into Santa Rosa. Libby noticed Hurley and took a liking to him but because of her anti-social behaviour was too afraid to communicate with him so she formed a sort-of stalker "relationship" with him. Libby found Hurley intriging as his imaginary friend shared the same name as her husband, Dave. Matthew Abaddon may have either worked or regularly visited the Santa Rosa clinic (his encounter with Hurley at Santa Rosa in "The Beginning of the End" may not have been his first visit to the hospital) and noticed Libby and was interested in her for reasons other than her mental condition. Matthew guided Libby in the sane direction and Libby's insanity was left behind thanks to Matthew's tutoring. Matthew came to the conclusion that Libby was suitable in helping him reach a goal that he had in mind: To recruit Libby in to DHARMA. Libby took the offer as she thought she had nothing else to live for which lead Matthew to asking her for a favour. Matthew worked for both DHARMA and Oceanic Airlines (the two are connected) and wanted to make a plane crash in the "middle of the ocean" and wanted 20 specific people on that plane (our Losties). Abaddon knew that Libby had already had a connection to the island (Desmond's boat wreck) and was also aware of her liking towards Hurley who was one of the 20 people he had wanted on that plane. Abaddon asked Libby to follow Hurley and somehow act as his subtle guide to the plane. Libby followed orders, after all, Matthew had saved her life. Matthew supplied her with an alias as a clincial psychologist and gave her a few brief lessons to the basics so she would know enough to pass as one. Now that Libby considered herself a full-qualified clinical psychologist and having connections to DHARMA she had all the power in the world to get Hurley on that plane. Leonard Simms was also an "apprentice" of Matthew Abaddon and had exprienced the same training as Libby had recieved. Leonard, who had worked for DHARMA a long time also knew of the plan to get Hurley and others on to the plane and was "admitted" into the hospital to keep an eye on Hurley and plant the Numbers into his head. Leonard was the one who first pointed out Libby to Matthew and noted her potential in the project. Now that Hurley had the numbers in his head, Libby, Leonard and Matthew somehow manipulated Hurley's actions which lead him to play the lottery. Thanks to DHARMA, Libby bribed a certain lottery competition to turn the result in to the Numbers on the night that Hurley had picked up the lotto ticket. Libby contacted a variety of sources after Hurley won the lottery (David Reyes, Martha Toomey etc.) to get Hurley on the plane and followed him to make sure everything was in order. Matthew came up with the idea for Libby to pretend to be one of the passengers of the plane so that she could check up on if the plan is properly being set in to motion on the island. Matthew thought she was most suitable, because she was in Australia anyway which was the destination the plane was going to be taking off from. Matthew wanted Libby to take care of two another matters whilst in Australia because two of the planned passengers were going to be difficult, Eko Tunde and Claire Littleton. Matthew set out guidelines for Libby so that Eko and Claire would make it on the plane which involved Richard Malkin who was another "apprentice" of Matthew and was struggling with a plan to get these two people on the flight. Libby came up with the idea that Richard take another approach at Claire; rather than urging her to not give away the baby he tell her she must give it up. Richard's original plan was to make Claire meet potential adoptive parents who wanted Claire to have a "holiday" to LA as part of the package of adopting the baby but Richard was convinced that Claire would give up the baby to two random people at home in Sydney with nothing to do with the plan (these people were Arlene and Joseph Stewart). Libby tells Richard that he make up a story about two people in LA willing to adopt and to give Claire $12, 000 which would tempt Claire even more. Now that the Claire issue was out of the way, Libby needed to help Richard with Eko. Libby recommend that Richard's daughter, Charlotte Malkin be involved in this plane to which Richard hesitated but eventually gave in. Libby, Charlotte and an associate of Libby staged Charlotte's death and back-to-life episode so that Malkin had a reason to call Eko in. Malkin's wife made the call instead so Libby had to change her story again, making Malkin the sceptic in the situation. Libby also knew of Eko's backstory and of Yemi and incoorperated him into the plan. After Malkin successfully convinced Eko to leave, Libby gave Charlotte Yemi's name and told her she come up with a way to mention his name which Libby knew was a weakness of Eko's. Libby (who was also going to board the plane) noticed Charlotte and Eko arguing and went to make sure everything was alright, which she did. Libby and Matthew were both happy that every single passenger that was meant to be on the plane made it and Matthew assured Libby that she would survive the so-called "crash" and to retell the plan she was to set into motion when on the island. This was to make sure that all was in order and while on the island, make sure no one recognise her. When on the island, Libby's attraction to Hurley grew and grew which lead to their relationship. Libby expressed her concerns to DHARMA who she had connections with on the island about her growing relationship with Hurley and didn't know what to do. DHARMA who was very cold on this concept told Libby that there was nothing she could do but either prey that Hurley doesn't recognise Libby or to die to help the cause of DHARMA (who was trying to take back ownership of the island). After Hurley made the remark of going to remember who Libby was once he was drunk in "Two for the Road" Libby knew what must be done. She saw Michael shoot Ana-Lucia and thought that the opportune time to kill herself was to walk right in to the line of fire... which she did.

Young blood
03-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Thats awesome Tessa your pics make it look like you wanted to be a fly on the wall and not cause any trouble. Im sure it was for the best though. You got to see more than 98% of Lost viewers and thats cool as hell. Yeah basically im jealous. At least I can say I kinda know someone that was on the lost set during that one eps.

shakermaker113
03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
wow Tessa, that's pretty neat. thanks for sharing.

note to self: stop posting in a thread I don't want to read.

chairmenmeow47
03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Thats awesome Tessa your pics make it look like you wanted to be a fly on the wall and not cause any trouble. Im sure it was for the best though.

i agree, probably was for the best. i would have been just as scared as you to take pics, tessa!!! i'm sure they appreciated it :)

so tonight will probably be a sun episode which will probably be kinda lame. i bet we see michael for 5 seconds at the end though.

tessalasset
03-13-2008, 10:46 AM
and it was just complete luck and randomness that i got on there.

i got a job at an ebay store through craigslist a few years ago. after a year, we had a new hire (this guy who ended up being my best friend alex) who introduced me to the show. then we found out that our boss was actually really good friends with an executive producer/director on the show. i started watching lost in february 06 and by april 06 i was on the set. it was kind of surreal.

joeinthebox
03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
tessa, i would appreciate it if you would let people know that i was the one that hired you and that we are also close friends. thank you. bitch.

that's right. i stalk.

http://islostarepeat.com/

tessalasset
03-13-2008, 03:59 PM
i have no idea who you are.

Cancersticks1
03-13-2008, 06:33 PM
that whole episode was painfully obvious long before it started.

thelastmejia
03-13-2008, 06:57 PM
This episode SUCKED period.

Young blood
03-13-2008, 07:05 PM
It was a little blah, but the ending made the entire eps. It was great. Im a little sad over a tv show.

BeHereNOW
03-13-2008, 07:29 PM
damn! i forgot you just got 1 hr ahead and i missed the first half hour

captncrzy
03-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm getting fucking sick of them opening up new questions before old ones are resolved. Can't they throw us a goddamn bone?

JClemy
03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm watching it right now. This season is really good.

bballarl
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
This episode sucks thus far.

bliss209
03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
WHAT A FUCKIN BITCH!!! I would have killed Juliette if I was Sun!!!

JClemy
03-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I read that this was supposed to be an explosive episode. It kinda wasn't. This didn't give anything away really.

bballarl
03-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I am confused by the ending. But that is nothing new.

bliss209
03-13-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm getting fucking sick of them opening up new questions before old ones are resolved. Can't they throw us a goddamn bone?

answering quesions with other questions
With each question come an answer but even more questions come to mind too. I luv it :)

And Sun makes it but not Jin??? damm!! that sucked :(

ivankay
03-13-2008, 09:43 PM
i loved tonight's episode. Nice play on the time line and very emotional. Great ending. How things get to that point is going to be very cool.

Excellent story Tessa.

BeHereNOW
03-13-2008, 10:42 PM
anyone knows how to ditch the "only viewers from the USA can watch streaming videos" on the abc.com site???

i missed the fist half hour and i really dont want to download...

tessalasset
03-13-2008, 11:35 PM
oh my god, bawling my eyes out at the end of that episode. it obviously wasn't the best but jesus. i can't believe jin dies. he's OG.

i wish i hadnt read anything about michael coming back cause then that would have blown me the fuck away.

humanoid
03-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I honestly can't understand for the life of me why people still watch that show

captncrzy
03-14-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm curious about next week's episode-looks like it's going to be a Michael one.

thestripe
03-14-2008, 06:11 AM
If they brought Michael back just to kill him off I'm going to be pissed.

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 07:20 AM
I assumed before this episode ran that Jin wouldn't be one of the Oceanic 6, but I didn't expect him to die. Furthermore, it seems he died after he got off the island, unless that grave is empty? If so would he then still be one of the 6? And does everyone else assume Sun's father killed/had him killed?

Young blood
03-14-2008, 07:50 AM
This episode did bring up a lot of questions though. I know that Desmonds episode was all about answers and thats what makes this show great for me.

Here are some good questions brought up from a lost blog...

Crouching Dragon, Hidden Panda
Everybody Loves a panda!!! Especially when you really, really need one. Because that’s when a panda is most likely to be there for you, right? Right. Because as far as I’m concerned, the panda sure as shit wasn’t there the first time around.

What the hell am I talking about? I’m talking about the fact that Jin can walk straight up to a store clerk who happens to be standing in front of a giant panda and somehow NOT see it. He asks for a panda and the clerk whisks him off to an aisle of plush dolls to uncover the secret hidden ‘last’ panda. And after Jin loses it in a Mr. Bean-esque series of trips, drops, and fist-shaking mishaps… he returns to the store only to discover a second giant panda resting next to a dragon on the shelf behind the clerk –right where a dragon (and only a dragon) existed just a minute ago.

As so often happens on LOST, sought-after things are miraculously provided. From Sun’s pregnancy test to Charlie’s guitar, from Jack’s dynamite to Ben’s spinal surgeon… all things come to those who need them. The phenomenon goes by many names: suggestive manifestation, the magic box - this time I think it’s more along the lines of course correction. Jin was in desperate need of a damned panda and poof – there it was. Think I’m reading too much into this? Think I’m talking out of my ass? 9 out of 10 people do. But then again, those are the same people who still think the picture frame changes in Miles ghost-hunter flashback can be chalked up as ‘set error’.

I knew High School English would be good for something
Before the start of this season, we all had sinister images of the evil freighter crew dancing through our heads. Yet when we finally got on board, they were nothing like we expected. Instead we found a ghost town of very strange characters. Those not dead were either crazy, going crazy, or just plain indifferent with the exception, so far, of the captain (and maybe Doc Ray).

As I watched trance-like Regina toss herself over the railing, the chains strapped to her body starkly reminded me of something – something to do with high school. Ten minutes later I had it: The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. The freighter was the ship from the story, stuck dead and motionless upon an endless ocean. The island was the albatross, chained around the crew’s necks – they’d spent too much time there and now they were doomed. They can’t move, they can’t flee, and they can only suffer for their folly.

The most chilling part of this episode was not seeing that future Jin was dead. It wasn’t when Kevin Johnson emerged from the shadows and Michael’s face came into view (although that was awesome). No, the most chilling part of the episode was when doc Ray was leading them to the ‘quiet part of the ship’. Desmond responded with ‘but this ship is not moving’, and with a shrug the doctor replied: “Well if you say so…”

Yikes. We’ve always assumed the freighter was moored out in the real world. We know that the ship’s proximity to the island is responsible for the cabin fever, the suicides, and the increasingly bizarre upside-down reading habits of those on board. But what if the freighter is close enough to the island that it’s becoming affected, both time-wise and space-wise, by the same phenomenon that sent Desmond back to 1996? What if it IS moving, if not literally but figuratively? As idle as a painted ship, upon a painted ocean.

Course Correction, Jake Gyllenhaal, and my own Wild Conjecture
Okay, theory time. So I don’t believe Ben staged the plane crash, but then again, I don’t think Widmore did it either. And I’m pretty sure Oceanic Airlines can get no good press out of gruesome footage of a body-filled wreckage. So just who DID stage the crash of flight 815?

Answer: No one. The plane really did crash.

This is hard to grasp at first, but the more LOST plays out the more sense it seems to make. I think most of us agree the plane was brought to the island for its own purposes - whatever they might be. On the island virtually anything goes, which is why so many necessary people survived the crash. This is the magic of LOST.

But back in the real world, if we believe in the path of fate, the plane was supposed to crash. The people on board were supposed to die. That event played out, as a matter of the universe course-correcting itself, with the plane even sinking to the bottom of the ocean in the same three parts it broke into when it was torn apart in the air. In that one split second the plane existed in both universes: both the LOST universe, and the normal one.

On island, everyone is given a tabula rasa, or clean slate. See you in another life – and it truly is another life. The island and its inhabitants have their playlists and go through their motions, with the ‘surviving’ members of flight 815 looking on incredulously and playing their parts. Meanwhile, off-island, certain things that were supposed to happen cannot now happen… because the elements necessary to course correction are no longer in that universe. Let’s take Ms. Hawking’s man with the red shoe, for example. If you pushed him out of the way of his construction death, the universe would find a way to kill him tomorrow as a matter of course correction. But if he were suddenly gone from the universe tomorrow – the way flight 815 vanished – the universe would be screwed out of doing that.

I’m not going to beat the Donnie Darko horse again, but I will give it a quick kick. In that movie the universe got all messed up because a plane’s engine fell through a wormhole and existed in two different timelines simultaneously. I propose that flight 815 has done just that. The wreckage exists in the normal world, but it also exists scattered across the beach on LOST island. There’s no way I believe that anyone - Widmore, Ben, Bill Gates, The Wizard of Oz, or Bob the Builder with a giant Australia-sized crane actually went through the trouble of painstakingly recreating that crash site. That IS the crash site, because the plane actually crashed. And I’ll bet one day we’ll hear the black box recording to prove it.

On a final note, I’ll predict that when Frank Lapidus is looking at the decaying body of the ring-less pilot on the news, he’s really looking at a universally-course corrected version of himself in the cockpit of that plane. Because according to fate, he was supposed to be piloting flight 815. According to fate, he’s already dead. Ohhhh…… 

bartelby
03-14-2008, 07:58 AM
anyone knows how to ditch the "only viewers from the USA can watch streaming videos" on the abc.com site???

i missed the fist half hour and i really dont want to download...

this would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...

bartelby
03-14-2008, 08:00 AM
On a final note, I’ll predict that when Frank Lapidus is looking at the decaying body of the ring-less pilot on the news, he’s really looking at a universally-course corrected version of himself in the cockpit of that plane. Because according to fate, he was supposed to be piloting flight 815. According to fate, he’s already dead. Ohhhh…… [/I]

Ohhhhhhhhh

nice one

Young blood
03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
this would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED...

Try this site.

http://www.cucirca.com/2007/05/12/watch-lost-online/

bartelby
03-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Try this site.

i love you

fikus222
03-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Are we positive Jin is dead? The grave marker had the date of the plane crash, which would be correct because only 8 then 6 survivors lived to tell the 'tale,' but can it be possible that he is still on the island ? I need to watch the episode again, but I don't remember them flat out telling us that Jin was dead. And what was the purpose of the panda story ? it looked like that the only reason for it was to make us think Jin was heading to the hospital for Sun's labor. And Who is the sixth survivor ?

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 11:37 AM
i haven't had time to read young blood's response, but i will :)

i thought i would hate this episode, but i actually liked it and cried at the ending. that was so sad :(

it was cool the way they brought in michael though and i loved the conversation with the captain. unfortunately i watched it with a group of people last night and need to watch again by myself to pay more attention to the conversation with the captain that cannot be trusted.

i also don't think ben "faked" the crash. i think there's either some sort of alternate universe where the plane actually crashes and there are actually dead bodies, or someone like whidmore faked the crash. i really don't think it was ben's group based on the flashbacks we've seen of the others after the crash. though, this is ben we're talking about and he could have very well faked and hid it from the others, i just don't think that's what happened. i have a feeling it was whidmore, oceanic or hanso. if it was whidmore, he probably lied to his crew about it.

AND WHY WAS SUN SO OBSESSED WITH THE RING DURING DELIVERY?! what's THAT about?! we've now seen the ring on naomi, the spy sayid effed (can't remember the name) and now sun is obsessed with some sort of ring. what's the ring about?!?! are they the same rings?!

one of my friends said the date on the tombstone is the date of the crash, "september 22nd, 2004".

therefore, it's probably that sun is one of the oceanic 6 and jin is not. sun has to pretend jin dies as part of the oceanic 6 lie; however she THINKS something happens to him when she leaves the island. sun is around 8 months pregnant and they've been on the island around 100 days. therefore even though there is about a months difference in time there, it's a small enough difference to pretend that jin and her conceived right before the flight when he "dies".

jin survives, but we don't know how. my friends were thinking that the two flash forwards, jin and sun's, were two different timelines but i think they are the same. jin was trying to get to the hospital to wish the baby well, and there must be some significance to the panda.

also, i have a feeling jin is working for sun's father without sun knowing (again). jin may be working for ben or whidmore or SOMEONE else; however i think it must somehow relate to sun's father since he mentions her father in the episode and he walks right into the hospital with all those guards and no one seems to notice that it's jin. i mean if jin was working for her father before, you'd think some of the "minions" would recognize him.

of course it's still possible that there are alternate realities or parallel universes, so that could throw all of that out of loop, but that's my theory.

we also now know that they must get off relatively soon. it was harder to gauge with aaron, but with sun giving birth off the island, we can assume that it takes them no more than 7 months to get off the island.

and even with the michael thing being spoiled, i thought that last week's preview made it obvious it was him. some people were saying it was walt, but the trailer showed michael turning the corner and the height thing wouldn't have made sense for walt.

so to sum up the oceanic 6, here's who we have so far:

1. jack
2. kate
3. hurley
4. sayid
5. sun

and here are people who appear to get off the island, but we can't confirm that they are "oceanic 6":

1. ben
2. aaron
3. jin
4. walt (off the island, but to where?)
5. michael (off the island, but only to the freighter so far)

lastly, i missed the very end of next week's trailer. the dvr cut off RIGHT as they said something like "they will..." can anyone provide a synopsis of the trailer? thanks so much :)

thestripe
03-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Sombody will die.

Or something like that.

fikus222
03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
The Panda time line occurs when Jin and Sun had only been married for 2 months (Jin tells someone this)

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't assume that the slight amount of time that passes on the show to when they are back in the real world means that we will see them leave soon. 7 months can take a loooong time on this show. remember, it's still set in 2004.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
The Panda time line occurs when Jin and Sun had only been married for 2 months (Jin tells someone this)

he tells someone he's been married for 2 months; however that doesn't mean it was to sun. for all we know, he could have to pretend to be married as part of his lie of the island or he could have been lying to gain access to the hospital (i can't really remember the scene that well).

i just don't see what other time jin would have rushed to the hospital to give a panda to sun. it doesn't really make sense. especially for the ending of sun thinking he is dead. i personally thought they showed jin rushing to do all of that to show how much he really does love her and how much he is willing to sacrafice to keep her and the baby alive. maybe i'm wrong, but i viewed them as being at the same time. it makes more sense for the ending and their relationship.

but who knows, it's lost after all!

wmgaretjax
03-14-2008, 11:58 AM
it wasn't sun...

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't assume that the slight amount of time that passes on the show to when they are back in the real world means that we will see them leave soon. 7 months can take a loooong time on this show. remember, it's still set in 2004.

great point! i'm just curious now as to how the whole traveling to-and-from the island affects the pregnancy. i would think that it would have to be 7 months or less in lost time related to sun's pregnancy. and we watch lost based on the perspective of the losties, so from their perspective, i would think 7 months or less would be accurate.

from the outside world's perspective it may be different. in that case, it would be interesting to see who they try to make as sun's baby's daddy, since she talks about calling his name out in the hospital and the staff mentioning it. i have a feeling jin is being played off as the father and that he died in the crash and the baby was conceived just before the crash, but of course that's just an assumption without many facts.

i also think they must come back a lot sooner prior to 2007, because of kate's epsidoe. aaron is a lot older. we do know that the producers have said there are "growth issues" leaving the island, but it seems like the oceanic 6 lie includes kate as the biological mother of aaron (another assumption, but my reasons for believing this are stated in previous posts). i also think jack, or someone on the island, is played off as the father of aaron. it is hard to imagine that kate would lie and say she was pregnant before the crash based on the situations surrounding her life at the time of the crash. it's possible, but i think the easiest and most logical lie would be that she conceived on the island with jack.

plus, it has to take some time to have the court case, they obviously talk about telling the lie several times. and since aaron is much older in the episode with kate after the court case, i think we can assume they were off the island for awhile before the case. also, it's 2004 on the freighter so maybe they do find a way from the island without letting too much time pass.

it seems like the oceanic 6 must have all been "rescued" at the same time too based on the various lies we've heard. so i think the 7 months or less is pretty accurate, but you're right, it's a total assumption :)

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 12:05 PM
he didn't give the panda to sun, he said it was a goodwill gift from suns father to a colleague.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
he didn't give the panda to sun, he said it was a goodwill gift from suns father to a colleague.

do they say colleague? i thought it was for the "ambassador's daughter" and just kinda assumed that sun's father was the ambassador. especially since there was all that security around the room where jin went, i thought that might make sense.

but i watched with some people who kept talking so i could be wrong.

wmgaretjax
03-14-2008, 12:17 PM
but i watched with some people who kept talking so i could be wrong.

they showed the woman, it wasn't sun.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 12:18 PM
they showed the woman, it wasn't sun.

ok, well nevermind everything i said then!

that's so strange.

and damn people for talking during lost!!!

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 12:19 PM
and the child was a boy.

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 12:20 PM
ok, well nevermind everything i said then!

that's so strange.

and damn people for talking during lost!!!

truly an unforgivable sin. my friends always want to have gatherings for the show, which drive me fucking nuts.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
truly an unforgivable sin. my friends always want to have gatherings for the show, which drive me fucking nuts.

normally everyone's pretty quiet, i don't know what happened this week. i think it's because my friend just got released from the hospital and he was all drugged up, poor guy :( i'll be watching again for sure this weekend ALONE. my roommate just got a 65 inch flat screen monster in our living room that will be AWESOME for this :)

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 12:23 PM
i didn't notice that the date on the grave was the date of the plane crash, that does suggest hes still on the island. i can see him having to stay behind fighting as they escape.

speaking of which, i've been assuming for a while that claire must have died or something in order for kate to get aaron. but last season desmond had a vision of claire and aaron getting on a helicopter, or was that just to convince charlie to accept his fate?

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 12:32 PM
i didn't notice that the date on the grave was the date of the plane crash, that does suggest hes still on the island. i can see him having to stay behind fighting as they escape.

speaking of which, i've been assuming for a while that claire must have died or something in order for kate to get aaron. but last season desmond had a vision of claire and aaron getting on a helicopter, or was that just to convince charlie to accept his fate?

well, i don't know. we don't know now if his "visions" are predictions or "memories" from the future at this point. the whole mental time-travel thing kinda puts a spin on that.

we did find that he was able to alter the future of these visions though, so something could change. he saw charlie die several times and was able to change that.

claire could get on the helicopter, but stay on the freighter or go back to the island at some point. there could also be a different helictoper with it's own story line at some point too, so it's hard to tell.

i don't think claire gets off though either since kate seems to be passing the baby off as her own. i also think jack and kate feel guilty about whatever it is they have to do to get off the island since jack refuses to see aaron. he must not be able to look at aaron without thinking of whatever it is that ultimately happens to claire.

tessalasset
03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
i also think they must come back a lot sooner prior to 2007, because of kate's epsidoe. aaron is a lot older. we do know that the producers have said there are "growth issues" leaving the island, but it seems like the oceanic 6 lie includes kate as the biological mother of aaron (another assumption, but my reasons for believing this are stated in previous posts). i also think jack, or someone on the island, is played off as the father of aaron. it is hard to imagine that kate would lie and say she was pregnant before the crash based on the situations surrounding her life at the time of the crash. it's possible, but i think the easiest and most logical lie would be that she conceived on the island with jack.

plus, it has to take some time to have the court case, they obviously talk about telling the lie several times. and since aaron is much older in the episode with kate after the court case, i think we can assume they were off the island for awhile before the case. also, it's 2004 on the freighter so maybe they do find a way from the island without letting too much time pass.

that doesn't make sense tho. the bolded part. while i do agree that they might be passing jack off (no pun intended) as aaron's father and kate as aaron's mother, there's no way he could have been conceived on the island if they were only there 7 months (which they would have had to be, max, if sun was to get off the island safely to have the baby). aaron was born almost immediately after the crash. so he would have been almost 7 months old when they got off the island. kate would have needed 9 months just to have him on the island, let alone let him grow another 7 months.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
that doesn't make sense tho. the bolded part. while i do agree that they might be passing jack off (no pun intended) as aaron's father and kate as aaron's mother, there's no way he could have been conceived on the island if they were only there 7 months (which they would have had to be, max, if sun was to get off the island safely to have the baby). aaron was born almost immediately after the crash. so he would have been almost 7 months old when they got off the island. kate would have needed 9 months just to have him on the island, let alone let him grow another 7 months.

oh wow, that is a great point. we still don't know that aaron is one of the 6 though, so his date of birth in the oceanic 6 lie is still debatable. he would still have to be born almost immediately upon return.

i just think jack is passed off as the father since they ask in court if he loves kate and he says "no, not anymore", as if it would be obvious to everyone involved that they would at one time have been in love. it would also would make sense as to why jack was the character witness and not sun or any of the other 6.

it doesn't make sense if the 7 months or less assumption is correct though, because it would be terribly hard to pass off aaron as a newborn after all that time. so maybe they do say that kate conceived before the trip, but that just makes jack's comment all the more strange.

AHHHHHHHH, my thoughts here solve nothing, but it's an interesting debate. thanks for pointing that out, tessa :)

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 01:04 PM
if it was assumed that jack (well respected surgeon) were his father, wouldn't it stand to reason he'd have custody over kate (wanted murderer)? I mean I guess he could have said he didn't want it, but, thats seems even weirder.

captncrzy
03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
My Sawyer nickname is Einstein.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 01:11 PM
if it was assumed that jack (well respected surgeon) were his father, wouldn't it stand to reason he'd have custody over kate (wanted murderer)? I mean I guess he could have said he didn't want it, but, thats seems even weirder.

i thought about that too. the only explanation i could think of is that something happens to where the relationship might be strained. i do admit my theory is pretty far-fetched :)

and i played the sawyer name generator and got this which is funny:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/album01/quickie.jpg

i played on a fark.com thread one day, and someone showed me that "chairman mao" is one of the names too which is hilarious!

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Personally, I think Jack was afraid to see Aaron because he realizes he's turning into his own father and doesn't want Aaron to see him that way.

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Also, it's funny to think that even if they hadn't lied about Aarons parents, Jack would be his next of kin and likely get custody anyway.

Young blood
03-14-2008, 01:23 PM
ohhhh good call.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Also, it's funny to think that even if they hadn't lied about Aarons parents, Jack would be his next of kin and likely get custody anyway.

ha ha ha ha, that IS a good catch :)

so i read through the episode post on 4815162342. i really need to re-watch. the flashback references the year of the dragon, which would be 2000 and would make sense that they would have been married 2 months. i'm a retard who needs to watch lost alone, lol.

so the death thing may explain the ring business. she may have wanted to keep her wedding ring because jin was dead, it may not be one of the rings naomi and the spy girl had.

also, this is totally random and pointless, but when did jin learn the word cancer? when bernard says rose has cancer, jin reacts as if he knows the word. i seriously doubt that in his few english lessons they got to the cancer section, that was so odd, lol.

Cancersticks1
03-14-2008, 02:48 PM
ha ha ha ha, that IS a good catch :)

so i read through the episode post on 4815162342. i really need to re-watch. the flashback references the year of the dragon, which would be 2000 and would make sense that they would have been married 2 months. i'm a retard who needs to watch lost alone, lol.

so the death thing may explain the ring business. she may have wanted to keep her wedding ring because jin was dead, it may not be one of the rings naomi and the spy girl had.

also, this is totally random and pointless, but when did jin learn the word cancer? when bernard says rose has cancer, jin reacts as if he knows the word. i seriously doubt that in his few english lessons they got to the cancer section, that was so odd, lol.

haha, i noticed the cancer thing too. i could just picture them teaching him that! about the ring, weve already seen sun go apeshit over her wedding ring before, i think it's just that. it's her wedding ring, it means a lot to her.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 03:17 PM
haha, i noticed the cancer thing too. i could just picture them teaching him that! about the ring, weve already seen sun go apeshit over her wedding ring before, i think it's just that. it's her wedding ring, it means a lot to her.

i COMPLETELY forgot about her losing the ring before, excellent point. that makes the whole freaking out thing more believable.

it just seemed like it might not be the wedding ring since everyone knows you have to remove that type of stuff for medical procedures. i remember i had to remove the necklace my grandfather placed on my neck the week before he died for surgery when i was a kid. we were SUPER close, but it's not really THAT big of a deal.

*off-topic* what sucked even more though was having to take it off for a gymnastics meet and losing the charm :( at least i still have the chain though */off-topic*

tessalasset
03-14-2008, 03:21 PM
oh wow, that is a great point. we still don't know that aaron is one of the 6 though, so his date of birth in the oceanic 6 lie is still debatable. he would still have to be born almost immediately upon return.

im pretty sure the producers confirmed aaron was one of the 6. if not that, the promos for this past ep said "and we will find out who the final member of the oceanic 6 is" and it was sun. so the other 5 were shown already, according to that. the only other 5 people in the real world who were on the plane were jack, hurley, kate, sayid, and aaron.

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2008, 03:29 PM
im pretty sure the producers confirmed aaron was one of the 6. if not that, the promos for this past ep said "and we will find out who the final member of the oceanic 6 is" and it was sun. so the other 5 were shown already, according to that. the only other 5 people in the real world who were on the plane were jack, hurley, kate, sayid, and aaron.

i guess i still don't buy that aaron is an "official 6". you're completely right that based on the promos, there should only be these 6 people. but i think there may be a surprise ahead and maybe there will technically be 7. aaron being born after the crash makes this really fuzzy. maybe aaron doesn't count as one of the "official 6", but as a child of one of the 6. i guess we'll see :)

BeHereNOW
03-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Try this site.

GRACIAS, GRACIAS... TOTALES!

fikus222
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I watched the episode again and I do not believe that there is enough info to say that Jin is dead...or maybe they just don't want to give the final word yet so that we hold out hope for his survival.

The panda Jin doesn't seem like a future time line, rather a past occurrence that they will explore in order to provide us with additional plot lines. It was introduced during this episode to mess with us and make us think that he was going to meet Sun at the hospital.

Aaron as an Oceanic 6 is a jip and not true. If it was true then they couldn't have fooled us into thinking that Jin was headed to Sun in the hospital during this past episode.

Edit:

With regards to the ship moving: There is no such thing as parking in one spot on the ocean. A ship needs its engines to keep it near to the same position and w/ the engines ooc, the vessel position will be determined by wind, waves and currents. Ships even swing around their anchors as well.

Edit 2:

I am in the process of watching all of Lost again, I am on season 3 episode 18 and during this episode Jin and Sun move into their first apartment after getting married. Jin's hair is styled exactly the same as it is during the Panda part of this last episode, which is further circumstantial proof of the panda being apart of a flashback.

fasttrack
03-15-2008, 02:25 PM
i'm not sure if it was mentioned before or if my hunch is right but, according to the captain of the ship, there were 324 dead bodies in the "staged crash".
wasn't the amount of money that was demanded from ben $3.24 million?

JClemy
03-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I also don't think that Aaron is one of the 6. I think maybe the promo people don't get to know what happened either. Also I think you are also right fast track. Whats happening to the dude with the grenade in his mouth now? I forget his name.

bug on your lip
03-15-2008, 02:54 PM
whoa

just did the Sawyer Nickname thing and i did get chairman mao

fikus222
03-15-2008, 02:56 PM
i'm not sure if it was mentioned before or if my hunch is right but, according to the captain of the ship, there were 324 dead bodies in the "staged crash".
wasn't the amount of money that was demanded from ben $3.24 million?

It was just $3.2 million...23 reversed.

fikus222
03-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I think that the time line includes Hurley visiting Sun and her child before he ends up in the insane asylum. Its hard to tell by the length of his hair, I just think that it fits with how Lost delivers information to us.

Edit:

Back to Panda Jin: The shop keeper tries to sell Jin the dragon doll because it is the year of the Dragon, which makes the year 2000 or 2012. Now 2012 is 8 years in the future from the crash date and seems very unlikely. Plus Jin's cell phone is an older non-flip model and the cars are also dated.

BeHereNOW
03-16-2008, 01:53 AM
so you are saying the panda thing its before the crash at the island?

fikus222
03-16-2008, 02:01 AM
so you are saying the panda thing its before the crash at the island?

Yes, I believe the Panda is around 2 months after Sun and Jin are married. I think the Panda is included to introduce the Ambassador (from the hospital) to the story/plot line.

BeHereNOW
03-16-2008, 02:11 AM
how 'bout hurleys visiting sun to meet the baby?
after or before entering the nut house?

fikus222
03-16-2008, 02:21 AM
how 'bout hurleys visiting sun to meet the baby?
after or before entering the nut house?

Well basing it on the fact that Lost likes to mess with us, I say before the nut house.

tessalasset
03-16-2008, 07:55 PM
The panda Jin doesn't seem like a future time line, rather a past occurrence that they will explore in order to provide us with additional plot lines. It was introduced during this episode to mess with us and make us think that he was going to meet Sun at the hospital.

I am in the process of watching all of Lost again, I am on season 3 episode 18 and during this episode Jin and Sun move into their first apartment after getting married. Jin's hair is styled exactly the same as it is during the Panda part of this last episode, which is further circumstantial proof of the panda being apart of a flashback.

Wait.... I don't get why you're trying to prove that this was a Jin flashback. I think they made that pretty obvious. The whole ep we were made to think he was racing to meet Sun in the hospital and then BAM, got us, he's actually in the past, way before they got on flight 815. It was a Sun flash-forward and a Jin flashback.

fikus222
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Wait.... I don't get why you're trying to prove that this was a Jin flashback.

There was some contention on the board as to whether or not this was a flashback and I was bored so I provided the 'why it was' stuff.

Do you think Jin is dead ?

Me, I'm not so sure that he is.

He would be a good one to kill off though...he is endeared to us, but not essential and therefore tearfully expendable.

tessalasset
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
I definitely cried my eyes out when I first watched it. I kind of hope he is so that those tears weren't in vain. I would be much more interested in learning how he died than them saying SURPRISE HE'S NOT REALLY DEAD LOL!