PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

invisiblerobots
05-24-2007, 01:20 PM
...ykno another thing that bugged me about that flashforward sequence was the fact that jack was so hellbent on getting back to the island. i dont remember any scenes in which jack has some sort of revelation or self-actualizing moment on the island. his main focus was always to get the fuck out! unlike locke who always maintained that MAYBE they were there for a "purpose". All of a sudden we see that he wants to go back. for what? being on the island didnt make him a better person.

I think the fact that his life had gone to hell after escaping the island was meant to show that he was much better off staying on the island.

corbo
05-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I think the fact that his life had gone to hell after escaping the island was meant to show that he was much better off staying on the island.

but why him?
why is his life on a downward spiral after being rescued?
this is what he wanted!
he had no purpose on that island!

he wants to go back because he had a strong sense of leadership?
bullshit!
the flashforward would have worked if its main focus was on john locke. HE HAD a purpose on the island.

his life would have been devastated by being rescued.

blech! TEV

adamnikyo
05-24-2007, 01:32 PM
my army friend that i watched this with said that grenade's don't work underwater, is that true?!
Tell your friend to leave the Army today.
Also, he should eat ten dicks.

PS
Danielle Rousseau is one person. Her daughter's name is Alex.
Locke didn't shoot Naomi with a spear. He threw a fucking knife in her back.

Also, I liked the flash forward, it was a nice twist to the way they've been writing the story. The show isn't about getting off the island, it's about the characters.

Charlie didn't try to escape the hatch because he accepted his fate and knew his death was the only way the "rescue" would be carried out.

I don't know why anyone thinks the grenade was a magical appearance. The guy was fully loaded at all times.

The person in the casket is most likely black. The funeral home was in a black neighborhood and the undertaker was black. The person was also from New York (not that that makes them more likely to be black, but Michael was from NYC), you could see that on the newspaper clipping at one point.

adamnikyo
05-24-2007, 01:34 PM
i dont remember any scenes in which jack has some sort of revelation or self-actualizing moment on the island.

Maybe because they haven't shown it yet? Hmm? A mystery?

chairmenmeow47
05-24-2007, 01:44 PM
ah yes, it was a knife, not a spear. i thought it was a spear at first because of the force she was hit with, but i did notice the knife. i think my mind just didn't want to remember that, and alex's name, lol.

and there's probably more to the whole jack thing than we're getting, since it's in the future. he was a saviour on that island. people depended on him, he was constantly helping people. to come back to the real world as a nobody was probably depressing for him.

i still want to know what the deal with his father is. is he dead or not?!

J~$$$
05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Tell your friend to leave the Army today.
Also, he should eat ten dicks.

PS
Danielle Rousseau is one person. Her daughter's name is Alex.
Locke didn't shoot Naomi with a spear. He threw a fucking knife in her back.

Also, I liked the flash forward, it was a nice twist to the way they've been writing the story. The show isn't about getting off the island, it's about the characters.

Charlie didn't try to escape the hatch because he accepted his fate and knew his death was the only way the "rescue" would be carried out.

I don't know why anyone thinks the grenade was a magical appearance. The guy was fully loaded at all times.

The person in the casket is most likely black. The funeral home was in a black neighborhood and the undertaker was black. The person was also from New York (not that that makes them more likely to be black, but Michael was from NYC), you could see that on the newspaper clipping at one point.

RACISTS!

PS how the hell did you see the news clipping? Srsly, I wanted to see what was on it.

corbo
05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
to come back to the real world as a nobody was probably depressing for him.

as a nobody? he was a successful surgeon not some bum on the street.

Maybe because they haven't shown it yet?

i'm assuming that they get rescued by the end of that episode (which is not likely to happen because of all the plot-twists) so that wouldnt give him much time ON the island to have a 'moment' to reflect why it is that theyre there.

adamnikyo
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
He's dead. Jack was drunk and on pills. He's emotionally fucked too. Didn't you noticed how the Chief of Surgery looked at him when he mentioned his dad. It was like, "Damn Jack bro! Your dad's dead. WTF are you on about today?"

-The name of the funeral home was an anagram for FLASH FORWARD
-People in the FF kept recognizing Jack as the "hero", someone called him a hero twice over. People weren't recognizing him because of the car wreck on the bridge, it was because he was all over the news for having gotten everyone rescued on the island.
-He yelled in the hospital "You have no idea what I've been through!"
-The scene on the island ended with Locke telling Jack "This is wrong, this is not what you're supposed to do." The last scene of the FF was Jack telling Kate that things weren't right, they had to go back to the island. I think it's pretty obvious the writers were tying those events together to let everyone know there's something that still has to be done on the island.
They can't leave the island yet.

I'm hoping that next season some people get rescued (Claire and baby), and some stay.

J~$$$
05-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Im thinking Jacks FF is what Locke was shown by Jaccob.

Hence the this is not the way its suppose to happen ect.

Edit: this is why I think Jack had so many of Lockes mannerisms in his FF.

adamnikyo
05-24-2007, 01:59 PM
PS how the hell did you see the news clipping?
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpghttp://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg

so that wouldnt give him much time ON the island to have a 'moment' to reflect why it is that theyre there.Why can't he discover the reason why he shouldn't have left AFTER he leaves the island.

adamnikyo
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
That's a rad idea.

corbo
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Why can't he discover the reason why he shouldn't have left AFTER he leaves the island.

because the dust monster wont be there to show him...off the island.

corbo
05-24-2007, 02:03 PM
that made no sense. im confused now.

adamnikyo
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Is the dust monster the same as the smoke monster?

And didn't the fucking producers say that they were going to wrap up the situation with The Others this season? Is this supposed to be wrapped up?
I don't call that wrapped up you lying shithead producers.

bartelby
05-24-2007, 04:36 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpghttp://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg

Why can't he discover the reason why he shouldn't have left AFTER he leaves the island.

ok, so who is J. (?)antham??? I can't remember a lot of the last names...Locke couldn't have a different 'real' last name, could he?

bartelby
05-24-2007, 04:37 PM
and, yes the 'others' situation is pretty wrapped up...their main dudes are dead and their leader's in custody

911wasaninsidejob
05-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Okay, why didn't Charlie just close the room from outside? I know death wish and all, but still...

I KNOW!!!! :confused: That's exactly what I was thinkin'! He totally didn't have to die...he could've just quickly run out of the room and lock the door from outside. Arrrrgh this show frustrates the hell outta me sometimes!!

911wasaninsidejob
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
damn.. Walt's like... 20 now.

Jesus, I watched the episode twice, and I never caught the scene with Walt! Where in the episode did he appear???

:confused: :confused:

911wasaninsidejob
05-25-2007, 09:48 AM
ah yes, it was a knife, not a spear. i thought it was a spear at first because of the force she was hit with, but i did notice the knife. i think my mind just didn't want to remember that, and alex's name, lol.

and there's probably more to the whole jack thing than we're getting, since it's in the future. he was a saviour on that island. people depended on him, he was constantly helping people. to come back to the real world as a nobody was probably depressing for him.

i still want to know what the deal with his father is. is he dead or not?!

EXACTLY what I'm thinkin'.

BUT...remember, this island is WACKY! It seems to have the power to make your wishes come true. Case in point: remember when Locke's "Father" somehow showed up on the island??!

Maybe Jack wished for his father to be alive, and then he appeared on the Island, and was rescued with everyone else. Ben did claim (and backed it up by materializing Locke's "Father") that there was some sort of magic box on the island...my :2c

KenMixtape
05-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Jesus, I watched the episode twice, and I never caught the scene with Walt! Where in the episode did he appear???

:confused: :confused:

Walt talks to Locke while he's lying shot in the mass grave.

911wasaninsidejob
05-25-2007, 09:54 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpghttp://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg...

I read the last name of the dead person as "Lantham"...

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600/newspaperclipping2.jpg

J~$$$
05-25-2007, 09:55 AM
It was a vision, It is not the future.

911wasaninsidejob
05-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Walt talks to Locke while he's lying shot in the mass grave.

AHHH! OK! Thanks. It wasn't in this weeks episode, it was in LAST weeks. Gotta go back and re-watch that one.

J~$$$
05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
hahahaha you need to stop watching this show.

caco0283
05-25-2007, 09:58 AM
its was in the first hour of the final episode

psychic friend
05-25-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/blogmedia/suckmyblog/lost/walt.jpg

tessalasset
05-25-2007, 12:27 PM
911wasaninsidejob, seriously, what the hell? do you even watch this show? you should read this whole thread sometime too. or maybe just the past like 3 pages. we address multiple times why charlie didn't just walk out of the room as it was flooding.

i dont understand how anyone can watch this show and be a casual viewer. i just don't get it. i feel like you can either love it to death, or hate it. no in between.

ewiggy
05-25-2007, 01:49 PM
ok, i finally watched it and it was pretty depressing.

Boourns
05-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I can understand why Locke wants to stay on the island, but why does he have to force everyone to stay with him? Killing people and blowing up submarines is a good way to stay on the island permanently: in a grave. I called it near the start that Locke was going to be the bald, villainous mastermind. Manipulative, ruthless, the ends always justify the means, and he feels mentally superior and knows "what's really best for everyone and everyone should just accept that". Yeah.

I don't like to think of the Jack stuff as a flash-forward, I prefer to think of it as the present, and the island sequences as "the flashbacks". Trippy, man.

Anyway, Sun is hot.

tessalasset
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
but see the thing with locke is, it doesnt seem like he's just doing it for his own good. i think he actually thinks he is going to save everyones lives and that theyre all supposed to be there for a reason. not just him.

the flashforward would have worked if its main focus was on john locke. HE HAD a purpose on the island. dude i think that is the BEST reason to use jack instead of locke. we already know locke wants to stay. it would have been obvious, had they gotten off the island and we flashed forward to locke, that he would have been all pissy that they left. but the fact that jack, who wanted nothing more than to get off that island, is now so eerily fearful for their lives post-rescue, makes me wonder what the FUCK happened to make him that way. and it seemed like kate knew exactly what he was talking about, but unlike him, she had just resigned to their fate. i think it was a really really excellent way to write it.

atom heart
05-25-2007, 07:04 PM
SAYID FUCKED THAT GUY UP WITH HIS LEGS. HE WAS TIED UP AND FUCKING BROKE HIS NECK WITH HIS LEGS. HE IS THE ONLY REASON TO CONTINUE WATCHING THIS SHOW.

Seriously, if Sayid really did end up dead I would stop watching.

Also, future Jack better shave that badger off his face before I hack it off myself.

captncrzy
05-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Edit: this is why I think Jack had so many of Lockes mannerisms in his FF.

You guys are so much better at picking up on shit than I am....what mannerisms?

Also, we were discussing this at work this morning; my friend insists that Jin was sitting behind Jack in the first scene on the plane back to L.A.

smilingdownward
05-26-2007, 03:07 AM
ahh-ha!
i get it now! i didnt even read that about the FF/visions. visions makes more sence.

jjphotos420
05-26-2007, 07:42 AM
I hate that we have to wait so long until anything is answered. This show is great but pisses me off all the time.

tessalasset
05-26-2007, 11:38 AM
it just can't win. season two, it started in october, had a bunch of repeats, and people bitched it to death. season 3, it started in october, went for six episodes, took a hiatus to avoid repeats, started up in feb, and people bitched it to death. season 4, it starts in february to avoid making people hang for months after starting a new story line, and people bitch it to death. it just can't win.

corbo
05-26-2007, 12:11 PM
...and consequently we get the people who bitch about the people that bitch.... when in fact they might be guilty of bitching about the same thing themselves.:rolleyes

bartelby
05-26-2007, 12:15 PM
shut up bitch

tessalasset
05-26-2007, 12:18 PM
i do not, corbo! i might have said something in jest, but their schedules have never bothered me. im actually happy with waiting til february. thats what lots of the big shows do.

full on idle
05-26-2007, 12:19 PM
I wish they'd release the next set of dvds.

corbo
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
jesus. the season just ended. give them time. lol.

hawkingvsreeve
05-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I would rather they wait until the season is done or close to it before showing the next one, so that there is no 2 month break or whatever it was. Plus, that way I have multiple shows going at once at one part of the year.

Edit: I phrased this poorly.

What I mean is that I welcome the wait to show it in February, so that most of the shooting for that season is finished, avoiding a long break between episodes. That's what I mean.

ewiggy
05-26-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.edspresso.com/images/Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

PotVsKtl
05-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm with Winkler.

captncrzy
05-26-2007, 04:06 PM
*sigh*. I love the Fonz. I wonder what he's doing these days.

He's probably sitting in a bar in that pathetic leather jacket in Palm Springs somewhere snapping his fingers and no one is coming.

breakjaw
05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
By the way,how cool was it that Jack was listening to one of the most uncommercial Nirvana songs ever ("Scentless Apprentice" from In Utero) right before the funeral home scene.
I was reminded by the Nirvana commercial thread thing.
Also,that guy who plays Jack should be seriously considered for an Emmy for that episode alone.

tessalasset
05-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Matthew Fox :sigh:

atom heart
05-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Wasn't Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) up for an Emmy for his role in the season finale last year?

911wasaninsidejob
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
911wasaninsidejob, seriously, what the hell? do you even watch this show? you should read this whole thread sometime too. or maybe just the past like 3 pages. we address multiple times why charlie didn't just walk out of the room as it was flooding.

i dont understand how anyone can watch this show and be a casual viewer. i just don't get it. i feel like you can either love it to death, or hate it. no in between.

I've watched every episode, for the last three years.

Maybe you overreact?? ;-) Why don't you just take it easy...?

911wasaninsidejob
05-26-2007, 09:55 PM
its was in the first hour of the final episode

Thanks. The problem was that since I don't own a TV, I get all my LOST episodes from TorrentSpy. Well, they have always been perfect copies....except for the episode this past Wednesday (Season finale).

What I downloaded was only HALF of the season finale (unbeknownst to me), so I was understandably confused.

I've since watched the whole episode online via ABC.com...and now all is well! :)

sonofhal
05-27-2007, 12:35 AM
...and consequently we get the people who bitch about the people that bitch....

Worst of all are the people that bitch about people who bitch about people that bitch. (and so on)

tessalasset
05-27-2007, 12:52 AM
What I downloaded was only HALF of the season finale (unbeknownst to me), so I was understandably confused. ahhhh there's the confusion. the casual viewer comment wasnt directed at you specifically. but yeah i really didnt understand how you didnt see the walt part and thought you just weren't paying attention. and it is, after all, the best show on television.

smilingdownward
05-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks. The problem was that since I don't own a TV, I get all my LOST episodes from TorrentSpy. Well, they have always been perfect copies....except for the episode this past Wednesday (Season finale).

What I downloaded was only HALF of the season finale (unbeknownst to me), so I was understandably confused.

I've since watched the whole episode online via ABC.com...and now all is well! :)

if you want to see the whole thing in full, abc has all the episodes (at least for the 3rd season) online. super great for a missed episode or catching up.

wait, never mind..........
but thats what i get for not reading the whole thing

captncrzy
05-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I've been on this frigging site almost all afternoon.

www.lostpedia.com

sonofhal
05-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Also, we were discussing this at work this morning; my friend insists that Jin was sitting behind Jack in the first scene on the plane back to L.A.

Just watched it (again), and it wasn't Jin. Maybe your friend needs a black marker pen?

captncrzy
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
LOL I dunno why he thought that. It sounded wrong to me too.

tessalasset
05-27-2007, 06:34 PM
lostpedia is too spoilerific for me.

tessalasset
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
i miss this.

atom heart
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
There's no LOST scavenger hunt this year? Now tessa's going to have to go through each episode herself an gnaw out every possible tidbit of meaning for the next eight or nine months.

captncrzy
06-05-2007, 08:19 PM
The people on the ABC Lost message boards are doing that for her.

tessalasset
06-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Fuck the ABC lost boards. It's all about 4815162342.com. I love that board. I just don't have enough time to peruse it. But every time I go there I find some awesome new info or something that I missed.

captncrzy
06-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Oh crap; now I'll be on that one all day.

chairmenmeow47
06-06-2007, 09:52 AM
i've become a fan of the fuselage.

and it did look like jin behind jack on the plane.

tessalasset
08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
OH I almost forgot - I totally saw ETHAN at Ralphs last night. He's has the freakiest, most unmistakable face. He was in the toilet paper aisle. I was gonna walk up to him and ask him if he's in more flashbacks this season, but I felt dumb so I just silently freaked out to myself. My friend told me I should have gone up and said "you are so good on that show that i'm scared just standing next to you right now." He was shopping really fast, with a vengeance. had his cart up towards the front of the store, and he would run to all different areas of the store and then bring the stuff up to his cart. It was weird. And then he went up to the lane next to me and unloaded his cart on the belt, and then went back and shopped more while everyone was like what the fuck? He is really tall and has an oddly puffed-out chest that makes him look bulkier than he is. He had a Bondi beach tshirt on, khaki shorts, and tennis shoes with white socks. Like...total dorky looking guy. And really, really creepy.

atom heart
08-21-2007, 02:35 PM
If I saw Ethan in a grocery store I would run like hell. I have never been so afraid just watching a TV show.

chairmenmeow47
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
man, he sounds freaky. and i thought he was weird before reading this, lol. i wonder if he's ever had a girlfriend.

captncrzy
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
God, under the flourescent lights in a grocery store, I bet he's all pale with blue veins showing through in his face and even creepier than he looks on tv.

psychic friend
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
It's been so long since LOST was on, I forgot who ETHAN is.. can someone post a pic.

kthxbye

sonofhal
08-21-2007, 04:02 PM
He's Tom Cruise's cousin - now that's scary!

chairmenmeow47
08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/internet-pics/creepy_ethan.jpg

tessalasset
08-21-2007, 04:15 PM
::shudder::

Jenniehoo
08-21-2007, 06:49 PM
It's a good thing you saw him in the toilet paper aisle.....

...because I bet you shit yourself.

OH! Ouch. My sides.

tessalasset
08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I called you to tell you and you didn't answer your phone. Shocker!

bballarl
08-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Ethan and I went TP'ing last night. He's really not that scary in real life. Is Tessa a bit jealous while reading this? Probably.

tessalasset
08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
:( :(

tessalasset
09-29-2007, 07:58 PM
yesssssssssss, season 3 dvd blooper reel (http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/09/season-3-dvd-bloopers.html)

Jenniehoo
09-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Whoah. Seeing LOST bloopers almost feels wrong. They're not supposed to be laughing and happy! They're TRAPPED on an ISLAND!

tessalasset
09-30-2007, 12:47 AM
and checking their cell phones in between takes.

oh man, i'm watching hairspray again (havent seen it in years) and i cant believe how deliciously cheesy it is. a woman hits link in both knees with her purse and he is instantly a parapeligic. (sp). seriously amazing.

full on idle
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I finally finished watching these.

The Charlie scene made me weep. It reminded me of Project X when Matthew Broderick is holding up the cigar to the window for the chimp who saved the world from a nuclear meltdown. And duh hick, Andrew, Charlie was ensuring Claire and Aaron's safe rescue by following the path DESTINY laid.

The ending made me disappointed because I don't like knowing that Kate and Charlie don't end up together. Plus, I don't like thinking of there being an "ending" to the show. It was eating at me though, wondering who the funeral was for.

Somewhere in the scattered bits of time when I've watched this show, suspension of disbelief has been rendered impossible, so it doesn't feel as mysterious and wonderful as it first did. Back when I thought there was going to be this huge fabulous conspiracy where everything tied together. There's just too many plotlines going on with too many plotlines left unresolved and swept under the rug. It's really very soap-operaish. I suppose I could research and uncover the theories and rationalizations for these unresolved plotlines, but I'm too lazy to do that. I want it to be on the show.

Anyways, I still feel connected to the characters, I still want Sawyer to impregnate me someday, and I am looking forward to the new episodes in 2008.

Sorry that this is, let's see, 7 months late.

Last thing, nothing in this thread made me laugh harder than Tessa shortening the Dharma Initiative to the Dharma "Inish".

hawkingvsreeve
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Anyways, I still feel connected to the characters, I still want Sawyer to impregnate me someday, and I am looking forward to the new episodes in 2008.

You mean 2009?

full on idle
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
No...what?

hawkingvsreeve
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, you get 8 new episodes in Feb.

Everything beyond that is delayed. This delay isn't their fault, but god damn they have the worst track record for making their show presentable and cohesive.

psychic friend
12-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I can't believe it's taken them THIS long and all they got in the can is 8 episodes.

atom heart
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Every once and a while this thread reappears, and when it does I always go through the same thought process:

1) Oh, that show, is it back on again?
2) Who posted in it and why?
3) That was pointless

only I have one extra thought this time:
why the hell is it delayed this time? More DUIs? Half their set was destroyed by a freak hurricane? Some one's pregnant? What?

full on idle
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
3) That was pointless

Well aren't we a jaded little hippie communer?! Sorry to waste your TIMEEEEEEEE

menikmati
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Writers are on strike.

psychic friend
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
ya someone been living under a rock lately. bitter.

atom heart
12-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Hippie Communes have a tendency not to have televisions... which actually is a total lie but at the moment there are people living in our lounge and it's a little awkward to go in there to watch TV. I only knew about the writer's strike in passing. Basically the only thing I watch nowadays is Heroes online, which I can only do on Tuesday mornings because the bandwidth sucks.

long story short, Hampshire = rock

thelastgreatman
12-03-2007, 05:19 AM
There is no excuse for the following things: reality television; any of these bullshit serial shows. That is all.

invisiblerobots
12-03-2007, 06:49 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/R0lSOQ5w9rI/AAAAAAAANfg/gi9upbmSMxI/s320/Thanksgiving.jpg

caco0283
12-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Writers are on strike.

This actually shouldnt effect the show cos Lost did finish 8 episodes which they will air in Feb 08. They are currently writing the rest of the season that they didnt shoot and its making it easier for them not to rush the writing process because of the strike. If the strike is over by Feb they can pump out the rest of the episodes in time.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-04-2007, 06:06 AM
It's kind of awful that we had to wait until February specifically to avoid there being a break between episodes and now there's probably still going to be one because of the strike. On the upside, with the show starting later, any hiatus between episodes won't last as long as the wait between the shows that started in autumn.

tessalasset
12-04-2007, 07:38 AM
They are currently writing the rest of the season that they didnt shoot and its making it easier for them not to rush the writing process because of the strike. ummmmm what? the writers are still working on Lost?

caco0283
12-04-2007, 07:48 AM
yeah....they just arent getting paid for it right now and they can't "officially" turn it into ABC for notes.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
And you know this how? I don't buy it, showrunner Carlton Cuse is on the negotiating committee, I sincerely doubt that the show he runs would secretly break the picket line.

tessalasset
12-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Seriously that's bullshit. I hate to feel like retards calling Dani out, but Ronnie, can you tell us where you heard this?

psychic friend
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
i have no problem being called out a retard.

tessalasset
12-04-2007, 05:25 PM
lol

caco0283
12-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Seriously that's bullshit. I hate to feel like retards calling Dani out, but Ronnie, can you tell us where you heard this?

tessa if you remember back in the day i work at the disney and abc lot for a few years and my friends still work there....they arent the only show doing this....why would writers just stop writing.....think about it....you love what you are doing and you get paid for it.....of course you are going to meet with your friends and keep working on your projects....but now they get to experiment with shit they couldnt before cos they have no deadlines and have nobody that can technically yell at them

tessalasset
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
isnt that the whole point tho? to stop writing? i mean i know exactly what you're saying, but wouldnt it fuck the studios over even more if they had nothing ready to turn in as soon as the strike was over? i guess in the end they're just hurting themselves. so that's not considered secretly breaking the strike? or it is?

thelastgreatman
12-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Caco or anyone else who works in the business feel free to correct me if you find error in any of this explanation, but allow me to break it down from what I gather:

The point of the strike is halt production, but with any series that needs to be filmed in advance (basically anything that isn't a talk show, you dig I'm sure) the writers can't really afford to actually not be writing during this time. Any strike is really just a game of who blinks first, and the way for the writers to win is to hold out long enough for the networks to get worried about being able to film the end of their seasons. But once the negotiations are over and production resumes there will be absolutely no time to waste from what I gather, so all those episodes that aren't written need to very quickly suddenly find themselves written or else the strike will have fucked the production schedule up so bad that said writers might find themselves seriously unemployed. Writing an entire season usually takes several months by a dedicated writing staff, so there's really no way they can just waltz back from having reached a satisfactory agreement and ask the networks to wait another month or two while they write the crucial end of the season.

full on idle
12-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Tessa, what did g and h ever do to you?

iv3rdawG
12-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Season premiere: Thursday, January 31 at 9:00 p.m.

:thu

psychic friend
12-14-2007, 09:04 PM
yay, something to replace survivor on thursdays. for a couple weeks. woot

breakjaw
12-15-2007, 12:47 AM
I have been so hooked on Survivor this past season after having never watched it even once.I just now watched the latest episode where PG got voted out.

tessalasset
12-15-2007, 01:39 AM
wow, thursdays now? at least its back to 9 pm instead of bloody 10 pm. i can do thursdays at 9. that's actually perfect. the office at 9 and by 10 i can watch lost with no commercials. perf.

Zygomatic
12-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Hell yeah that's not too far off!
The whole present time/flashback really screwed with my head, wonder how they are going to pull that off this season.

tessalasset
12-15-2007, 02:03 PM
i wonder if that was just a little snippet they showed us to whet our appetite again. i feel like they're just gonna go back to regular flashbacks now. that trailer for season four looked fucking INTENSE tho. i got chills. it's gonna be a very dark season.

iv3rdawG
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Ya, and for those who haven't seen it, season 4 trailer:

kcdfL7tejkc

psychic friend
12-15-2007, 03:03 PM
yawn

caco0283
12-16-2007, 01:05 PM
in between the 23 second and 24 second on that trailer you see Charlie

Zygomatic
12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Holy shit. You are right. His hair is really short, maybe a flashback?

captncrzy
12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's him too. But they've been able to "bring people back" or whatever it is they do to get people to appear that shouldn't be there, so maybe thats a "robo Charlie" or something.

tessalasset
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
its better than fuckin heroes this season. seriously, i'm done. i didn't even watch the last two episodes. i can't form emotional connections to characters knowing they will never die. it's fucked up.

atom heart
12-18-2007, 11:32 AM
That's just what I couldn't stand in season 3: That damn Eye Patch guy gets killed how many times, and he's STILL ALIVE? Okay, so that doesn't have too much to do with 'emotional attachment', but it's still aggravating. Besides, LOST hasn't killed any of the islanders I really care about. I mean, I love Des but he should have died when the hatch imploded. I didn't care about Ana Lucia, Libby, or Shannon. Okay, Charlie's death was a little sad but HE'S RIGHT THERE, in that preview.

yeah, LOST used to be my favorite TV show. Now I don't have one at all... well...

tessalasset
12-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Last night I watched all the bonus footage on the Season 3 dvd. Anyone else watch yet? That is seriously such a well thought out compilation. It's beautiful. Bravo to the Lost team who obviously works on it all season long. You definitely know it's not an afterthought. And it was awesome watching Evangeline Lilly's crew tribute and recognizing a ton of the people I met when I visited the set. That ruled.

iv3rdawG
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Last night I watched all the bonus footage on the Season 3 dvd.

Ya I watched it. I loved the "Lost In A Day" feature.

Also:

http://www.flyoceanicair.com/

Somewhat Damaged
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I may just pull a "Lost" marathon this weekend and burn through the first season. I've been wanting to get into the show but I didn't want to come in without seeing everything that had come before, and if the new season doesn't start till the 31st, that gives me enough time to try to make it through the DVDs of the first 3 seasons.

J~$$$
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Ya I watched it. I loved the "Lost In A Day" feature.

Also:

http://www.flyoceanicair.com/

dammit I dont have time for this. bye errbody.

tessalasset
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
CHILLS!!!!!!!!!

tessalasset
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
god i wish hottie mchottieson was on the show too.

tessalasset
01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
seriously who is this stud and why did it take them three years to get him on the show???

schoolofruckus
01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Caco or anyone else who works in the business feel free to correct me if you find error in any of this explanation, but allow me to break it down from what I gather:

The point of the strike is halt production, but with any series that needs to be filmed in advance (basically anything that isn't a talk show, you dig I'm sure) the writers can't really afford to actually not be writing during this time. Any strike is really just a game of who blinks first, and the way for the writers to win is to hold out long enough for the networks to get worried about being able to film the end of their seasons. But once the negotiations are over and production resumes there will be absolutely no time to waste from what I gather, so all those episodes that aren't written need to very quickly suddenly find themselves written or else the strike will have fucked the production schedule up so bad that said writers might find themselves seriously unemployed. Writing an entire season usually takes several months by a dedicated writing staff, so there's really no way they can just waltz back from having reached a satisfactory agreement and ask the networks to wait another month or two while they write the crucial end of the season.

This is only partially true.

When the strike ends and the writers go back to work, they will spend that time writing the upcoming episodes. The production teams won't resume until a little before the next episode is ready to go in front of camera. The production schedules are already fucked up, so there's no reason for the writers to rush themselves. They'd basically just be cheating themselves out of weeks where they'd be on the clock if they had episodes ready to deliver at the strike's conclusion.

However, I'm sure that most shows - and "Lost" in particular - already have the bulk if not the entirety of the rest of their seasons already hashed out and outlined. They're just not scripted.

And I'm sure that the writers are all still writing right now (the good ones are, at least), but probably not on things that they already have been hired for.

tessalasset
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
get out of our thread, loser.

thelastgreatman
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
This is only partially true.

I was actually hearing a frightening take on the strike from my sister. She says the studios aren't even really trying to settle it now, figuring that they'll just let the strike run through until the actors strike too in June. Apparently the networks are finding they can do well enough without writing staffs and the shows they generate. This is horrific. Heard anything like that Gabe?

schoolofruckus
01-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Well, I know that people in MY line of work can't wait for the strike to get over with. From the networks/studios' perspective, they probably aren't in a rush to get it over with unless it's definitively in their favor. Any strike that lasts as long as this one is more about bad blood and hurt feelings than what's on the table.

I've read articles in some of the Hollywood gossip columns that many members of the guild are sick of being out of work, and just want their union reps to bust out the Johnson + Johnson No Tears shampoo and get a deal done. But they can never stand up and say that, for fear of being shouted down by the hard-liners.

schoolofruckus
01-05-2008, 06:50 AM
get out of our thread, loser.

If I watch Episode 1.09 today, can I stay?

tessalasset
01-05-2008, 01:05 PM
yes.

caco0283
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I was actually hearing a frightening take on the strike from my sister. She says the studios aren't even really trying to settle it now, figuring that they'll just let the strike run through until the actors strike too in June. Apparently the networks are finding they can do well enough without writing staffs and the shows they generate. This is horrific. Heard anything like that Gabe?

im so glad i dont work in development anyl onger....at disney i used to read about 15 scripts a week that were specs....i cant even imagine how many they are reading now from shitty ass writers that cant get an agent or become part of WGA....on the flip side this is the best time for good writers without any representation to get noticed.

ghettojournalist
01-14-2008, 12:48 AM
anyone playing the latest ARG?

tessalasset
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
i did it for about 30 minutes but havent checked the website in a few days. dude was fucking hot tho.

if i didnt say that already.

ghettojournalist
01-15-2008, 12:25 AM
the site was updated yesterday.

it will be updated the 16th at 6pm pacific.

tessalasset
01-15-2008, 12:28 AM
i cant do any of those stupid games.

ghettojournalist
01-15-2008, 12:39 AM
like unable or find it to be lame?

J~$$$
01-15-2008, 06:09 AM
I really dont want to play tis game, but I do want to know about it. Can you do it for all of us and keep us updated?

ghettojournalist
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
just go to lostpedia. they do a good job of recapping.

J~$$$
01-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Why don't you just tell me. You can limit it to a long sentence. Please.

tessalasset
01-15-2008, 07:36 AM
like unable. my computer monitor is kinda old and it's too dark to see the little grid in the electrical wiring game so i can't make sure it's right, and i don't know what the freaking combo is for the briefcase. i haven't paid 100% attention to the game so i might have missed the clue for that cause god knows we're not supposed to just pic a random six digit number, right? the possibilities are almost endless.

ghettojournalist
01-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Sam Thomas dated/planned to propose to his flight attendant girlfriend, Sonya. she was Oceanic Flight 815. the airline has now declared all occupants dead, but he won't take it. (he also used to work for the airline.) someone from The Maxwell Group sends him an e-mail with clues that eventually lead him to Jarkata, getting himself on a trip to the Sunda Trench. the financial-backer of the trip works for The Maxwell Group. Sam finds papers that show the reason for their trip, to find the Black Rock, to be false.

that's basically it, so far. 2-plus chapters to go leading into and immediately after the season 4 premiere.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Find_815
look here if you have any questions.

marooko
01-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Is the strike really affecting you all?

ghettojournalist
01-15-2008, 07:54 AM
somewhat. there were plenty of new and old shows i watched.
some choice shows playing now, but when they dry up, there's always netflix and plenty other things to watch.

bliss209
01-15-2008, 08:11 AM
OMG!!! I had NO IDEA any of you followed Lost on here let alone a thread about it!! AWESOME!!!

are any of you following the viral marketing?? I luv it........

http://www.onthevig.com/2008/01/02/viral-marketing/

im "waltsguardian" on the losttv.forum and I'm having a hard time dissecting the Orchid Station Orientation Video ,,, WTF is up with the bunnies and that voice in the background is waaaaayyyy too familure????

bliss209
01-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Is the strike really affecting you all?

im kinda freakin out that outta of the remaining 48 episodes we have left on Lost there is only 8 episodes done.....uuuuggghhhhhh

but as for the premise of the strike, this is something I completely understand. But of course a tad bit of my selfishness comes out ;)

Trick Loves The Kids
01-15-2008, 09:28 AM
oh boo hoo I'm a highly paid television writer and I want to be MORE highly paid, I'm going to stop production on everybody's favorite showwwwwwwwww, pay attention to meEEEEEE

J~$$$
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
huh?

J~$$$
01-15-2008, 09:39 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/Adiana_Elbourne/trick.jpg

canexplain
01-15-2008, 09:42 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/Adiana_Elbourne/trick.jpg

we used to play that game, but you had to put to circle against some joint on your body ..... canx**

Jenniehoo
It's the sound of the world's tiniest violin getting you.

I don't get it.

J~$$$
AHAHAHAA!

tessalasset
01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
OMG!!! I had NO IDEA any of you followed Lost on here let alone a thread about it!! AWESOME!!!

are any of you following the viral marketing?? I luv it........

http://www.onthevig.com/2008/01/02/viral-marketing/

im "waltsguardian" on the losttv.forum and I'm having a hard time dissecting the Orchid Station Orientation Video ,,, WTF is up with the bunnies and that voice in the background is waaaaayyyy too familure????

Haha yes, there are a few of us on here who are HUGE fans. I used to post on the 4815162342.com forum but I can't keep up with that shit anymore and have a job at the same time. It's all too encompassing. The bunnies they brought up in the episode where Ben "kills" one to scare Sawyer. The voice in the background was the same one from the hatch, right? The woman countdown voice?

I just drove by the Oceanic Airlines billboard tonight on Sunset Blvd and someone had spray painted "FIND815.COM" on it like tagging. I wish I had taken a pic. Lemme see if I can find one online.

it was like this one but this one is in miami:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/R4KBo6PcypI/AAAAAAAAQOI/ctb0XfdvAlI/s640/_MG_1192.jpg

If you're bored, read about my trip to Hawaii here:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=123650&blogID=110795378&Mytoken=ACFB04A8-FD4D-423F-B30CF76771FA993328102863

ragingdave
01-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Just watch the show and don't reinforce the worthliness of your life by doing more.

Yes I said worthliness. And it is red underlined.

I like worthliness.

caco0283
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
i can picture some cubans in Little Havana bored off their mind.
One Cuban says "eh man should we rob this store, rape some girls, kill some Haitians??"
the other Cuban says "naw ***** lets go tag some shit up"
First Cuban says "what should we tag"
2nd Cuban "***** lets go tag find815.com on that oceanic billboard"
first Cuband "damn ***** your so hood, that shit is some deep shit *****, lets go show these bitches what we represent"

bliss209
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Haha yes, there are a few of us on here who are HUGE fans. I used to post on the 4815162342.com forum but I can't keep up with that shit anymore and have a job at the same time. It's all too encompassing. The bunnies they brought up in the episode where Ben "kills" one to scare Sawyer. The voice in the background was the same one from the hatch, right? The woman countdown voice?

I just drove by the Oceanic Airlines billboard tonight on Sunset Blvd and someone had spray painted "FIND815.COM" on it like tagging. I wish I had taken a pic. Lemme see if I can find one online.

it was like this one but this one is in miami:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/R4KBo6PcypI/AAAAAAAAQOI/ctb0XfdvAlI/s640/_MG_1192.jpg

If you're bored, read about my trip to Hawaii here:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=123650&blogID=110795378&Mytoken=ACFB04A8-FD4D-423F-B30CF76771FA993328102863

HAHAHA! marketing folks..... so crazy!!! (especially JJ Abrams people)

The voice I was referring to is a males voice in the background. I know it may not mean anything and I have scoured the other boards....but I was just curious about others take on this board here. And if I am understanding correctly , the bunny multiplied!!! There was one in his hand and another appeared behind him and another beyond camera shot. But I could be totally wrong. And I know the hatch videos are just foliage to the rest of the story, but I do enjoy them every now and then.

damm my two greatest addictions in my life.........
Coachella and Lost!!!
If i could mesh the two together........ Josh Holloway at Coachella !!!
thats hot!!

tessalasset
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
No way. Jack at Coachella all the way.

bliss209
01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
No way. Jack at Coachella all the way.

damm i cant be picky.... Jack will do too!!!

psychic friend
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
when does lost start again?

marooko
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM
who cares?

Tylerdurden31
01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
when does lost start again?

31st

psychic friend
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
thanks mike

tessalasset
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
took this last night driving home.

Tylerdurden31
01-21-2008, 07:38 AM
took this last night driving home.

J.J. Abrams really loves using the intarwebs

tessalasset
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I actually find it hard to believe JJ Abrams has anything to do with Lost anymore.

Altho I did see Bryan Burke on the same credit page as JJ for Cloverfield. Glad to see him getting some work other than Lost. I wonder what else he does.

ghettojournalist
01-21-2008, 11:47 PM
hey tessa, keep an eye on that billboard. it should be changing within a couple weeks.

tessalasset
01-22-2008, 12:14 AM
No shit?

iv3rdawG
01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
http://lostpedia.com/images/5/55/Lost-307.jpg

NEXT WEEK!

Jenniehoo
01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm so there.

J~$$$
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I cant wait. I hope Jack dies this season.

tessalasset
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
we know jack got off the island tho.

ghettojournalist
01-23-2008, 02:13 AM
they can still kill Jack off, now that there is the option of future storytelling.

ghettojournalist
01-23-2008, 02:29 AM
No shit?

yeah. in an interview with ABC marketing exec Mike Benson posted Jan. 21, he states: "A couple of days from now something’s going to happen to that billboard and the messaging on that billboard’s going to change. We’re hoping a fan picks it up."

i got this from the find815 blogspot. these guys are hardcore on top of the viral marketing.

Jenniehoo
01-23-2008, 02:47 AM
The future flash forwards are going to be nuts. I don't know if I can get my brain around it - are we going to be rooting for them to change the future now? Will that be an option?

BeHereNOW
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
damn can't wait!

tessalasset
01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
they can still kill Jack off, now that there is the option of future storytelling.they can only kill him off in the future tho, which means he'll still be in all the present day episodes.

full on idle
01-23-2008, 02:06 PM
unless he dies and magically comes back to life seven times like Locke.

caco0283
01-23-2008, 02:15 PM
are you saying that jacks destiny cant be changed???

tessalasset
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
ok possible spoiler depending on your sensitivity level... (this would have been a spoiler for me like 2 years ago. now it's just fun for me):

according to tvguide.com....
I have it on good authority that someone we thought was killed in the season finale will turn up very much alive in the Jan. 31 premiere.

end of spoiler.

ghettojournalist
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
oh yeah. it's pretty obvious who it is. i'm excited to see where they go with his/her story through flashbacks.

tessalasset
01-23-2008, 11:37 PM
i think i know, too. and its not the first thing to come to mind.

ghettojournalist
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
ok. sorry if i came off as a know-it-all.

tessalasset
01-24-2008, 10:05 AM
hahaha no i wasn't even thinking about that. you cool!

J~$$$
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
im still going with this

"Im thinking Jacks Flash foreward is what Locke was shown by Jaccob.

Edit: this is why I think Jack had so many of Lockes mannerisms in his FF."

Jenniehoo
01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
What mannerisms of his did he have? I don't remember that.

But I like that theory.

J~$$$
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Damn now I have to go back and watch it again....I will report back later.

bliss209
01-27-2008, 06:46 PM
im still going with this

"Im thinking Jacks Flash foreward is what Locke was shown by Jaccob.

Edit: this is why I think Jack had so many of Lockes mannerisms in his FF."

Thats awesome!!! luvin that theory!

Ok so here's who died in the season finale:
main charactures:
Mikhail
Namoi
Charlie
Tom
then there was a bunch of "others" that died like Bonnie and Greta in the Looking Glass hatch too.

So one of these guys are comin back???
it has to be Mikhail. that man will not die!! Naomi is a possibility and Im almost positive that Charlie is not coming back. There was waaayy too much emphasis on everythng leading to his death that I dont think they will bring him back. And Dominic has been quoted as saying that he does not want to come back and he is basically done with Lost. We are gonna see him in a ton of flashbacks.

oh my oh my .... i cannot wait!! just like the day before Coachella and i cannot sleep!!!

captncrzy
01-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm confused already and it's not even Thur. yet.

bballarl
01-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I am semi-excited. Ish.

full on idle
01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
in a nonchalant voice

bballarl
01-27-2008, 07:01 PM
I haven't watched TV in awhile. Ever since the Office ran out of episodes, and South Park ended. So it is going to be weird trying to watch a show every week again.

full on idle
01-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I just hope they'll keep putting them online every week so I can wait for a month or so and then watch a bunch in a row.

J~$$$
01-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Im going to try to win a panasonic 42" hdtv, a blu-ray player, and season 3 blu-ray dvd tonight from a local news station. Its some local promotion for the upcoming season.

Im in it to win it.

J~$$$
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
M4RSguPCKeI

bliss209
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
yeah... unfortunately i have no life except for my joy of Lost (its all I will watch on TV beside MSNBC) and my yearly festivals like SXSW, Coachella, Bonnaroo and Voodoo.
sad i know :(

tessalasset
01-28-2008, 09:04 PM
god that music makes me want to cry instantly. i need to watch that ep again.

JoshTheBoyd
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
<embed src="http://www.darkufo.co.uk/flvplayer.swf" width="425" height="300" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="file=http://ll.media.abc.com/video/flv/426x240/LOST_113_SoItBegins_MissingPieces_HD_1541896.flv&image=http://www.darkufo.co.uk/darkufovideologo.png" ></embed>

ahem...

tessalasset
01-28-2008, 09:15 PM
HOTT is that a missing piece?

JoshTheBoyd
01-28-2008, 09:49 PM
yeah thats the final piece

Sexecutioner
01-31-2008, 02:25 PM
so uuum...

anybody excited for tonight?

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-31-2008, 02:32 PM
YES

Hard to believe it's finally here. It kind of snuck up.

bballarl
01-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I would watch Lost, but I think I am going to see Ryan Adams instead.

iv3rdawG
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_0KRN69leV-Q/RlUHcS_CkUI/AAAAAAAAARs/YCn02tt75uo/s400/lostfinale.jpg

So... close....

-ospZOtdH-0

bug on your lip
01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
well well well

the Oceanic 6 you say

well well well

smilingdownward
01-31-2008, 07:11 PM
anyone notice the reflection in the new lost logo? (or is it new) is it a city? if so anyone know what one it is? i should just google it.

J~$$$
01-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I read spoilers and I officially hate this fucking show.

Take ur drama and shove it up your bung.

psychic friend
01-31-2008, 09:28 PM
SO good. im mad to wait till next week. im totally lost as usual.

Blinken
01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Holy fuck that was great

boyalien0
01-31-2008, 09:33 PM
AWESOME Ep. Too bad there are only 7 more episodes in the can, ready to go.

goatparade
01-31-2008, 09:35 PM
"Thinkin bout growing a beard" HA!

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-31-2008, 10:39 PM
I read spoilers and I officially hate this fucking show.

Take ur drama and shove it up your bung.

Spoilers for just this episode or more the rest of the 8?

This wasn't the best episode ever, but it was a good start to the season. Some intriguing developments.

Sexecutioner
01-31-2008, 10:41 PM
crazy shit. these flash forwards are making it trippy to watch, cuz they keep giving you these clues as to what happens.

this show is way better now that we actually learn something every episode. that season or 2 when they just fucked with us every episode almost made me stop watching.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I have no idea what's happening but I still love this show

full on idle
01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

roberto73
01-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Jeremy Davies. Tanfastic.

Down Rodeo
01-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Great episode. God, it's good to be watching this show again.

NiceArthur32
02-01-2008, 01:56 AM
I saw Fogerty this past summer, I love the old CCR and I'd never see him. He disappointed. Plenty of energy,and plenty loud.. but he just came across really cheezy.

CCR is the GREATEST BAND EVER!!!!!!

PERIOD!

does an exclamation point after a period make any sense?

eh... wuddever....

captncrzy
02-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Yeah! I love the flash forwards. I have no idea what's going on though.

bartelby
02-01-2008, 06:34 AM
wow that was good....so what's the early betting on who's in the "oceanic 6"?

1) Jack
2) Kate
3) Hurley
4) ?
5) ??
6) ???

smilingdownward
02-01-2008, 07:29 AM

1) Jack
2) Kate
3) Hurley
4) ?
5) ??
6) ???

i think you can up claire on that list. didnt desmond see claire get off the island in one of his visions? or something like that.....
i have know idea whats going on.

J~$$$
02-01-2008, 07:33 AM
I was drunk and read the spoliers I know how the next 5 episodes pan out. I was angry at first for wasting my Wednesday nights time = money, but now I ecstatic on how it all pans out.

The six will make you say oh yeah and the coffin part is played out pretty sweet. That is all.

bartelby
02-01-2008, 07:46 AM
COOL, and nice admission there J$$$

tessalasset
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
justin please please dont give any more hints in here. like...i already didnt want to know that we're going to find out who the other three are and who is in the coffin in the next 5 episodes. i want everything to be a surprise.

i went to a lost party at a bar last night. we were supposed to get their "vip room" which i thought meant it was a private room but turns out people could just walk through it at their leisure and the bar music was blasting for the whole episode. it sucked. so i'm gonna have to watch it again this weekend before i comment. the oceanic six, tho. damn.

JUw9o2L4oAg

J~$$$
02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
I will say no more.

I still dont get the whole find815.com

Jenniehoo
02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
The guy that came to talk to Hurley in the mental institution was creepy as hell. I think that the people on the boat work for Oceanic airlines and for some reason Oceanic wants them all dead to corroborate their press story.

At first I thought that episode where they talked about what was happening at the bottom (the last one from last year) was annoying - but by the end I was wishing they'd just do that for every fucking episode. It would make my life a lot easier because I am retarded.

Sexecutioner
02-01-2008, 09:37 AM

1) Jack
2) Kate
3) Hurley
4) ?
5) ??
6) ???

my guess is:

1) Jack
2) Kate
3) Hurley
4) Claire
5) Desmond
6) Sawyer

Although I'm not so sure about Sawyer. I guess we'll see. Sounds like the ones that done get off the island still survive, or at least some of them. Cuz Hurley says something about how they need to get back there to help them, right?

tessalasset
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
But Desmond wasn't on the flight.

And I thought for sure Claire too, but does that mean she has to leave Aaron on the island? Desmond sees Claire getting on a helicopter, which he just assumes means she's getting rescued. But what if something terrible happens once she gets on?

I think Sun needs to be one of the Six unless she wants to die.

Sexecutioner
02-01-2008, 09:58 AM
ok, well i obviously didnt put much thought into my list. thanks for just tearing it to pieces there! ;) haha, jk. you are right though, i guess desmond wouldnt be one of them.

ghettojournalist
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM

1) Jack
2) Kate
3) Hurley
4) ?
5) ??
6) ???

the only way they can logically have Walt is to flash-forward, so i would say add him to the list.

I will say no more.

I still dont get the whole find815.com

so far, it's basically confirmation that there was a cover-up on the part of Oceanic Airlines. they found the wreckage of "flight 815" with the assistance of a civilian, adding legitimacy to their discovery. there were little clues to the new season strewn about, so it will be interesting to see how they play out.

caco0283
02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
tessa call this number 1 888 548 0034

tessalasset
02-01-2008, 01:14 PM
i forgot about that. i listened to that a while ago.

tessalasset
02-01-2008, 01:14 PM
/suprefan

Sexecutioner
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
/suprefan

lol. but that was nowhere near suprefan.

bballarl
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I just watched that episode. I am getting tired of this show, but I feel like I have already invested this much time in it, so I might as well keep going. I might read the spoilers though.

tessalasset
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
if you do you stay the eff out of this thread, sir.

marooko
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
We sat down and watched this mess last night. Pretty decent show. I think the best thing was the fact that they had an episode to tell you whats been happening. Fucking awesome.

atom heart
02-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Intriguing. I have the distinct feeling that they've gotten a lot lazier with the actual filming of the show. It's not as pretty as it once was.

When Hurley's running from Jacob's house and then runs into it again I immediately thought of Zelda! It was interesting that the first ep of this season was a Hurley ep, but not in the comic relief mode that Hurley usually brings (with notable exceptions).
I say, no more slo-mo. That stuff's cliche. Actually, I'll narrow that to no slo-mo of Hurley.

breakjaw
02-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Jorge Garcia turned in a really good performance ,I thought.

JoshTheBoyd
02-02-2008, 03:15 PM
season 4 looks like its gonna be about getting off the island. season 5 will be about getting back on the island.

and season 6?

its all about joop (http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Joop)

hawkingvsreeve
02-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I, as usual, thought it sucked.

I'm glad I have Andrew on my team. Sort of.

bmack86
02-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I just read the synopses of the end of Season 3 and watched the first episode of season 4. I'm caught up.

full on idle
02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
The guy that came to talk to Hurley in the mental institution was creepy as hell. I think that the people on the boat work for Oceanic airlines and for some reason Oceanic wants them all dead to corroborate their press story.

At first I thought that episode where they talked about what was happening at the bottom (the last one from last year) was annoying - but by the end I was wishing they'd just do that for every fucking episode. It would make my life a lot easier because I am retarded.

That guy is from The Wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished watching this episode. I have no idea what's going on!

full on idle
02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Jorge Garcia turned in a really good performance ,I thought.

Seconded! Chills when he exclaimed WHERE'S CHARLEY and misty eyes when he went to tell Claire.

full on idle
02-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I just read the synopses of the end of Season 3 and watched the first episode of season 4. I'm caught up.

WILLKOMMEN BROTHA

smilingdownward
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM

anyone notice the creepy guys tie? found a clear shot of it
http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2008/02/4x01-dharma-shark-on-chalkboar.php#more

the pattern of the dharma logo, just the shape.....
could he be from one of the mainland dharma ppl?
and it give you a good look of the chalkboard too.

dorkfish
02-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I thought this would be about the Patriots.

bballarl
02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
This week was ridiculous. Even with reading the spoilers. I guess I am going to keep watching.

Neutral Milk Hotel
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Damn, that was a good episode.

roberto73
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
There was a lot of wacky stuff going on in tonight's episode.

"I don't know, Miles. How stupid are you?" I chuckled and said, "Nice."

bballarl
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
So a man who can talk to ghosts, a pilot who was supposed to fly 815, a woman with knowledge of Dharma polar bears and a physicist who started crying for no reason when he saw footage of 815 walk into a bar...

Jenniehoo
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I think this week's episode was better than the season opener. I'm leaning more and more toward the theory of two separate realities - some sort of Vanilla Sky shit - not purgatory or anything but that the survivors exist on another plane of being.

bballarl
02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
That was a clever pun. But I don't agree with your theory. You are just asking to be put on ignore.

Jenniehoo
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
The more you ignore me, the closer I get. You're wasting your time.

bballarl
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I bet that one black guy is a cyborg.