PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24

tessalasset
05-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Exactly, to everything Blinken just said.

tessalasset
05-30-2010, 01:06 AM
I just started Lost again tonight. Got through the first disc of season 1. It's so great to watch these again. They're little babes! It's so awesome to be in on it this time while they are not. I'm even thinking about subtler things we've seen throughout the series. In the second part of the pilot, it absolutely pours down buckets of rain, and one of the characters comments about how weird it is for it to go from that to bright sunshine. I think by the end of the series we were supposed to get that Jacob and Samuel kind of controlled the weather. I'd like to believe that was Samuel trying to scare them away naturally, in addition to the whole monster thing. And watching Locke again when he first sees the smoke monster... I don't think they even knew yet what the monster was going to look like, but you can see as he looks up, his eyes scan back and forth about a 15 foot width, like he's looking at something that's just getting bigger and bigger. He totally acted that right without even knowing. I really miss old Locke. I totally forgot the first time "Helen" is in the show, she's a stranger who charges him phone calls.

chairmenmeow47
05-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Anyone who thinks the religiously-tinged ending was profound, intelligent, or interesting is an idiot... Seriously.

I haven't read back to any of the reactions in this thread yet, but I'm assuming many of you are idiots.

hey asshole, don't worry, the feeling is mutual. we all think you're a fucking idiot as well.

motionnn77
05-30-2010, 08:36 AM
After Anna Lucia was murdered by Michael, i just lost interest. However, my man continued to watch so I knew a bit of what was happening.

The ending was no surprise to me. I saw it coming. I figured they were all dead.

captncrzy
05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry you didn't get it BlackSwan. But I really don't think you want to compare IQ scores with anyone on here. Especially me.

thestripe
05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
No, he never looked that bad on the show. I researched it a tiny bit and I think it happened last summer. Wow.

No way this is real life. Gross.

sbessiso
05-30-2010, 08:53 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku3jiwXS6e1qznk94o1_400.jpg

apostle2
05-30-2010, 10:37 AM
The ending was no surprise to me. I saw it coming. I figured they were all dead.

You didn't get it.

tessalasset
05-30-2010, 10:45 AM
After Anna Lucia was murdered by Michael, i just lost interest.

First of all, wait...what? Seriously?

Secondly, yeah... not a real mug shot. The only websites reporting it are celeb gossip. No real news. Thank god.

BlackSwan
05-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Notice how most of us haven't responded to you and blackswan? We don't feel the need to defend it. Plus neither of you gave any real things to defend, just called us a bunch of idiots for liking it.

Yes, clearly no one has responded. No, it's obvious why you all like it. Many of you seem too attached to the story and characters to think critically about it. I'm not sure why I expected more from Lost after some of the stupid turns the story took, but the ending was self-indulgent and offensively silly, and liking it doesn't change that.

Sorry you didn't get it BlackSwan. But I really don't think you want to compare IQ scores with anyone on here. Especially me.

Aw, this response is sad. I got it. I just think it was an unintelligent way to end the story after they did some pretty interesting things throughout the series. Like I said, I'm not sure why I expected more, but at least your false sense of your own intelligence is amusing.

hey asshole, don't worry, the feeling is mutual. we all think you're a fucking idiot as well.

I don't know if you can really justifiably think I'm an idiot, but asshole is acceptable.

I just looked back to the initial reactions to see if I was off base here, and I'm not. So this is the meaning you think I didn't get?

I don't think I necessarily believe that they did die in the Oceanic crash and the flashbacks were them remembering their past lives and flash forwards their future lives. I like the idea more that they crashed, survived, lived out their whole island lives, died at some point in their life and they all made it to the church on time.

That's what I got out of it.

This was obvious. With such a high IQ, I'm surprised you think it's so complex. Yes, and the whole flash sideways and church shit was stupid. Here we go...

confusion is fine. ambiguity is fine. a finale of retarded come to jesus flashbacks motivated by absolute deus ex machina... this is bad writing at its most frustrating.

I'm done though... Continue to enjoy your silly show.

J~$$$$
05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Why are you so butt hurt? Its like permanent male PMS with you. I haven't seen you cry this much since trying to defend a terrible Gorillaz outing. We are all happy you are done with this show and wont bless this thread with your whiny bullshit anymore.

apostle2
05-30-2010, 12:50 PM
No one gives a fuck that you didn't like it. You're an idiot for assuming that anyone would.

thestripe
05-30-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm an idiot because I think the ending fit with the themes of the show.

HunterGather
05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/28u5gg9.jpg

tessalasset
05-30-2010, 08:05 PM
How in god's name people still care about the Hurley bird is beyond me. It was a nice little non sequitur when the writers were trying to kill time.

This was obvious. With such a high IQ, I'm surprised you think it's so complex. Yes, and the whole flash sideways and church shit was stupid. Here we go...

I know this wasn't directly pointed at me, but I just wanted to explain... my explanation there was because some people on the page before all of a sudden started wondering out loud if they really had died on the island and it was all purgatory or what. It was very obvious during the Jack/Christian scene that everything that happened on the island really happened.

bballarl
05-30-2010, 09:17 PM
What was the Hurley bird?

ivankay
05-30-2010, 09:28 PM
What was the Hurley bird?

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hurley_Bird

bballarl
05-31-2010, 07:40 AM
Ah. That. Definitely didn't remember that. Thanks.

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Add this to the list of awesome LOST shit that happens in LA that I don't hear about until it's sold out. (http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2010/05/lost-damon-lindelof-carlton-cuse-and-cast-celebrate-the-series-finale-with-comedy.html)

MuseRadio
05-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Did they ever talk about the statue with 4 toes or reveal what it means? I forget.

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 08:54 AM
cIl0rYbW_hU

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
They explained the statue, but not why it had 4 toes.

apostle2
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
It had four toes because it's a statue of the Egyptian God Taweret, who only has four toes.

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 09:07 AM
I looked it up on wikipedia tho and Taweret had 5 toes.

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Or rather, I guess I should say I can't find anything about it having four toes not in relation to LOST.

apostle2
05-31-2010, 09:13 AM
It depends on the depiction. But it's supposed to be half man, half hippo, and hippos only have four toes. So I'm assuming that's where it comes from.

Astrid
05-31-2010, 09:31 AM
i just had a dream about the hurley bird. fucking kill me.

captncrzy
05-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Is this real life? Evidently this is Matthew Fox's mug shot, probably from pre-LOST. Did anyone hear about this ever?

http://8.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_krmatcUE2a1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Did some research; isn't him.

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Yep.

tessalasset
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Two things I want to add to this thread:

First,

Best Lost Series Finale party I've EVER seen. This guy is a (dorky) monster. (http://picasaweb.google.com/roeser.matt/LOSTSeriesFinaleParty?feat=directlink#)

Second,

This Lost Finale recap is helping me come to terms with feeling a little jipped. (http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2010/05/lost-i-dont-need-answersi-need.html)

ivankay
05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
How could that party be topped? Great stuff.

atom heart
06-01-2010, 06:39 AM
The DVDs will have a 12-14 minute piece on Hurley and Ben's island days. Not sure if I want to see it. Might be one of those epilogues in books I tape shut for a long time.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Yes, clearly no one has responded. No, it's obvious why you all like it. Many of you seem too attached to the story and characters to think critically about it. I'm not sure why I expected more from Lost after some of the stupid turns the story took, but the ending was self-indulgent and offensively silly, and liking it doesn't change that.

Aw, this response is sad. I got it. I just think it was an unintelligent way to end the story after they did some pretty interesting things throughout the series. Like I said, I'm not sure why I expected more, but at least your false sense of your own intelligence is amusing.

I don't know if you can really justifiably think I'm an idiot, but asshole is acceptable.

I just looked back to the initial reactions to see if I was off base here, and I'm not. So this is the meaning you think I didn't get?

I'm done though... Continue to enjoy your silly show.

jesus christ you pompous asshole. you think we're idiots for liking the show, i'm saying we think you're an idiot for not liking it. you don't get to call a group of people idiots and then get all butthurt when they call you an idiot back. i'm sorry this show didn't have more pictures of guns while singing about guns.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
jesus christ you pompous asshole. you think we're idiots for liking the show, i'm saying we think you're an idiot for not liking it. you don't get to call a group of people idiots and then get all butthurt when they call you an idiot back. i'm sorry this show didn't have more pictures of guns while singing about guns.

If you look at my initial post...

Holy shit, I just watched the Lost finale last night and just... Wow... That was fucking stupid. Anyone who thinks the religiously-tinged ending was profound, intelligent, or interesting is an idiot... Seriously.

...I essentially said people who thought the ending was well-done are idiots. I don't say anything about liking the show. In fact, as much as it pissed me off, I still like the show which is why I was annoyed that the ending was so terrible, and why I took the time to make a post about it.

Also, I just read through his on the ride to work...

Second,

This Lost Finale recap is helping me come to terms with feeling a little jipped. (http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2010/05/lost-i-dont-need-answersi-need.html)

...And is a prime example of why I didn't go into great detail about why I thought the ending was so stupid. This person hits on some of my main concerns, but I am not going to waste my time trying to logically discuss all of the problems with the story because there are too many of them, and in the end, you just get stuck in the kind of discussion that took place in the comments.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 08:23 AM
i found it interesting, therefore you think i'm an idiot.

you didn't find it interesting, therefore i think you're an idiot.

all i'm saying.

tessalasset
06-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I want to add these to our thread for posterity.

sXrtvwqseu8

JQAuzBEple8

6Koj93Api_4

SwHcA_GbquQ

a3OQfdl0_3c

ridlnL-p5Ls

y1nIIWQXUg4

Yvk2cdEFfN0

5o2lOuq3wuU

JxK-9s6mVTo

NllaRsK_4qA

eYLzpq8j9_w

B5pzgALfl44

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 12:49 PM
i'm still reading the "i don't need answers" recap. i get the frustration, but honestly it could have stopped here for me:

Ever since Buffy the Vampire Slayer first aired I have become addicted to the format of serialized scripted television shows. And to me, LOST would have to fit into the category of the purist form of this kind of storytelling. I have seen every episode of LOST at least five times and I can’t think of a single self-contained episode. Every episode was a small piece of the larger puzzle. And every episode ended with a cliffhanger.

i've never watched buffy, but this is the reason i love lost so much. it's not like we haven't been beat over the head with religious references, pseudo-science, storylines that ended up going nowhere or that never really made much sense since the beginning. this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. i mean, i completely agree that season 6 went way more into the flash-sideways than they should have. but i find it odd that anyone who was mad about the finale was ONLY mad after watching the finale. what answer could they have POSSIBLY given that would have answered every last question? also, i still have yet to hear anyone who bitches about the finale offer a better ending. what would have made you happy?

hawkingvsreeve
06-01-2010, 01:15 PM
The show ending 3 seasons ago.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
also, i still have yet to hear anyone who bitches about the finale offer a better ending. what would have made you happy?

I'll walk into this trap... Keep in mind this is very loose description and I'm trying to incorporate everything that happened in the show except the stupid ending. So the flash sideways actually end up being an alternate reality created by the detonation of the atomic bomb. Desmond, and eventually Hurley, being the "enlightened" ones, focus on trying to merge everyone's alternate and island consciousness so the reality on the island no longer continues, but like the actual finale, they remember their time on the island. The show ends with them succeeding and everyone being all happy and what not. In the finale scene you see Locke wake up and a smile comes across his face. The show ends in a cliffhanger of whether or not Locke's consciousness is merged with the alternate Locke, or it's really the MIB's consciousness... Then, as the image of Locke fades away, this appears on the screen...

LOST: The Movie
Coming Winter 2011

hawkingvsreeve
06-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah. Because a franchise of this bullshit is exactly what we need.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
There would only be one. The movie would answer all the questions about Jacob and the island, and feature a mainland battle between the islanders and MIB/Locke.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 01:34 PM
The show ending 3 seasons ago.

now this i understand. i know many people who lost interest as things started getting crazy and going in a different direction than from season 1.

and a lost movie would make me punch people. but thanks for giving it ye old college try, black swan.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
If it ended like that I would definitely watch the movie. I'm surprised someone who likes the show so much wouldn't be down for more Lost.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
because to me it needed to end and i don't think it's realistic they could answer every single question. i've always loved that they planned to end after 6 seasons instead of dragging it out just because they can. i love the mystery aspect to the show. it makes it more real for me. you're questions are never answered entirely. and it's always fascinating to me to hear all the different perspectives people have on the various mysteries of the show. way more interesting than any explanation the writers could throw together.

tessalasset
06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I think the thing that bugs me the most is that in season one, the writers adamantly denied it was purgatory. Then they introduce an entirely new time line in the last season, end the show in this time line, and it turns out to be purgatory. Sure, the island wasn't purgatory, you were right, but the finale sure was.

That's a simplified version for sure. I still loved watching the finale completely. But the more I think about it, after the emotion has died down, the more I feel a little jipped.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
i felt the opposite actually. when the finale was airing, i felt really jipped thinking back to season 1 about how they said it wasn't purgatory. but i like it more now.

tessalasset
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Hmmmm.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
and it's always fascinating to me to hear all the different perspectives people have on the various mysteries of the show. way more interesting than any explanation the writers could throw together.

Weird, I feel the exact opposite way. Reading people's perspectives makes me wish I could watch the answers play out in a Lost episode instead of reading people's stupid theories about it. I feel like all the time I spent getting wrapped up in it was a waste of time. Essentially, they were all tease with no release.

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I bet the writers wanted to go in another direction but it being ABC the network wanted the happy feel good Disney ending.

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Weird, I feel the exact opposite way. Reading people's perspectives makes me wish I could watch the answers play out in a Lost episode instead of reading people's stupid theories about it. I feel like all the time I spent getting wrapped up in it was a waste of time. Essentially, they were all tease with no release.

Lostpedia.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I bet they wanted to go in another direction but it being ABC the wanted happy feel good Disney ending.

kinda like how they wanted to kill jack in the pilot.

Blinken
06-01-2010, 02:08 PM
The atomic bomb working would be the one ending that would have pissed me off. If it was going to work than the season 5 finale would have had to be re worked, because everything pointed to the Incident. The Island would not have been evacuated leading to Miles and Charlotte leaving the Island. It was made pretty clear that the losties had always been there in the 70's, and having the bomb work messes everything up. I like to think Faraday knew that it wouldn't work but that it needed to be done anyway and lied to Jack.

There was no way for them to end it and please everyone.

BlackSwan
06-01-2010, 02:11 PM
GLOWING DOORS

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
GLOWING DOORS

Maybe it was another bomb going off.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BR_midwZ2f0/0.jpg

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/582447-2/dream_world.jpg

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 02:19 PM
there we go.

Blinken
06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Not what I wanted, but I really like the way it was done, and fits what the story was trying to tell. It had to be glowing doors if the islands heart is also glowing, and they are saying that Island is the real world connection point to the afterlife. I don't see another way to get that point across.

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 02:23 PM
a sign with an arrow that says "AFTERLIFE THIS WAY" would have been nice.

i liked one of the responses to that review tessa posted:

Gosh, this is long. I'm halfway through it, but if I wait till the end I'll forget things to say, so here it goes.

**since the EM light doesn't seem to adversely affect whoever happens to be the current protector of the island**
This is obviously not true: when Jack went down the light cave he was no longer the protector. And when he went down the cork was, er, unplugged.

**Why does Jack need to stay behind and reboot the island? Why doesn’t he just leave and allow it to be swallowed in the sea?**
Because, as you say later, if he doesn't we are totally screwed. I think the cork is what maintains the balance between light and dark, good and evil, call it whatever you like, and if the cork stays unplugged darkness is free to spread into the world.

**If that were true then why does Jack tell everyone that if he fails they need to be on that plane and far away from the island? If he fails doesn’t that mean that the entire world is completely screwed?**
Yes, and what did you expect him to say? "Ok guys I'm gonna try oh and, by the way, if I don't succeed it will be the end of the world, enjoy your flight!". He knew he was dying, he wanted Kate out. Or you could say that Jack doesn't really know what would happened to the outside world had the cork remained unplugged, but he knows he has to protect the island and the source and that's all that matters to him.

**And what about the monster? Doesn’t he need a replacement?**
Why would he? We learned that Smokey was Jacob first horrible mistake, he actually created him by throwing his brother down the cave out of sheer anger. We learned that the island needs a protector, we never learned that it needs a smoke monster. After ATS I used to think that being smokey came with the job of being the protector, but after WTDF and Jacob words I know that's not the case.

**Why did he bring the castaways there? He seemed to imply that the primary reason was to contain the evil and protect the source.**
Yes, but by "containing the evil" he didn't mean MIB. You see, when Jacob and MIB were still human, MIB wanted to leave the island. Mommy did not agree with this, she didn't want him out. Maybe because she didn't like people, she didn't want her son to be corrupted by them, maybe because of the rules she set, maybe because even if her favourite son was no longer living with her he was still within reach, whatever. From when they were kids onward, she made a big deal of telling them that there was nothing across the sea, that the island was the only thing that existed. So when he was human he couldn't leave the island because of his mom, and when he did find a way Jacob ratted him out and she destroyed his way out. When he became smokey he couldn't leave because Jacob was alive, and he couldn't kill him, and maybe because his only way out has always been unplugging the cork. Except that unplugging the cork has all these annoying side effects such has destroying the island and allowing darkness to spread into the world. So when people like widmore and eloise and stuff talk about evil and "if he leaves everything we love will cease to exist" they don't mean that MIB leaving will cause this; they mean that WHAT HE HAS TO DO IN ORDER TO LEAVE (i.e. unplugging the cork) will cause this.

**It seems like an incredibly selfish and elaborate two thousand yearlong setup for what was ultimately a very simple solution.**
Yes but Jacob never seemed to be very bright, did he? He and MIB have been on the island for, like, 1800 years and it took Richard to point out that he could do with just a little interfering. I don't think Jacob cared about time. I don't think he cared about destroying MIB. To pass the time, he decided to bring people to the island to prove his brother wrong. A 2000 years long game.

** If the “him” can be completely removed from the equation then what does that say about the constant imagery with regards to balance. Black and white, the scales? Anyone? **
Black and white are not only MIB and Jacob. Black and white are the underworld and the "upper world", and the island is just in between. I can see why everybody in the last couple of seasons focused on MIB, but, I mean, even after the last 4 episodes? Really? Nobody gets that there's much more to it?

**Why does Jacob need to be replaced and the smoke monster does not? Especially if the island needs to be protected from the smoke monster.**
The island doesn't need to be protected from the smoke monster!!! Have you heard mom say anything about a smoke monster, when she explained the source to her sons, or when she passed the job to jacob? The island, the source, needs to be protected from those who might find it and spoil it and, god forbid, accidentally or intentionally unplugging it. In the end they need to protect him from MIB because spoiling it, unplugging it, it's his way out, that's all there's to it. In Hurley times, there may be no smoke monster, but he still needs to protect the source from whoever!

**The idea that you can wipe out darkness completely boasts the conceit that one argument is completely right over the other.**
Nobody wiped out darkness completely, what ON EARTH makes you think that? MIB was NOT darkness, he was just a poor sap which ended up being a representation of darkness, a little part of it. The real darkness is kept at bay with the bloody cork!

**Which goes to what Ben said about how Jacob ran things. Great, so we are meant to believe that everything we learned from Jacob was essentially just his opinion?**
Yes. What's so strange about that?

**Shouldn’t there be some semblance of universal truth to Jacob’s ideology?**
Er... why?

**I do think its pretty funny that a loveable idiot and a cunning sociopath ended up being the caretakers of the island. But wait a second…what are they protecting it from?**
Uhm, I'll say it again: from those who might find it and spoil it and, god forbid, accidentally or intentionally unplugging it.

**Aren’t they, along with Desmond and some of Flocke’s runaway followers like the only ones left on the island?**
But people, one way or another, always get to the island. Claudia's people ended up there. Some egyptian dudes ended up there. The Lamppost was built to find the way back to the island. Either by accident or on purpose, people always get to the island.

**And isn’t finding the heart of the island only accessible to the primary caretaker?**
This could not be entirely true, seeing the skeletons in the light cave. But, however, even if it is, people could find a way around it, like the Dharma folks did with the Orchid, like MIB people's digging the well. Unplugging the cork is only the worst possible thing.

Edit: Gosh, this ended up being long. Sorry :(

i mean, i think it's kinda cool that jacob & smokey were not some badass, all knowing people we thought they were. they were just infants trapped in adult bodies making mistakes like the rest of us.

i do love the suggestion in her article though that they would have used this season for island flashbacks. i've said the same thing. that would have been so badass.

Blinken
06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
The ONE question that I wanted answered is "What was Faraday doing in the 70's when off the island?"

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
the ONE question i wanted answer was why didn't the losties beat the ever loving shit out of cindy's traitor ass?

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
The ONE question that I wanted answered is "What was Faraday doing in the 70's when off the island?"

Secret society at Michigan.

Blinken
06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
yeah that is a good one, but at least she got mortered to the land of whispers.

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Its sad that some need definite answers and others can let parts of their imagination or use social collaboration fill in the gaps. It was a great show to watch alone and then talk about with groups and discuss different theories. I can't wait to go back and watch it all over again. The island, a lot like the show, is what you want it to be, what you want to believe. It was a great story and a great way to engage viewers.

TomAz
06-01-2010, 02:54 PM
The island, a lot like the show, is what you want it to be, what you want to believe. It was a great story and a great way to engage viewers.

http://mortystv.com/showcards/fantasy_island.jpg

J~$$$$
06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Hurley and Ben.

Dogvolta
06-02-2010, 07:33 AM
i'm still reading the "i don't need answers" recap. i get the frustration, but honestly it could have stopped here for me:

i've never watched buffy, but this is the reason i love lost so much. it's not like we haven't been beat over the head with religious references, pseudo-science, storylines that ended up going nowhere or that never really made much sense since the beginning. this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. i mean, i completely agree that season 6 went way more into the flash-sideways than they should have. but i find it odd that anyone who was mad about the finale was ONLY mad after watching the finale. what answer could they have POSSIBLY given that would have answered every last question? also, i still have yet to hear anyone who bitches about the finale offer a better ending. what would have made you happy?

I was pissed WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY before the finale. In fact, a couple episodes into season 6 my anger subsided as I FINALLY accepted the fact that (yes the series SHOULD have ended 3 seasons ago) it is what it is and I might as well just ride it out for the sake of completing the series.

I'm with the camp that feels totally jipped. As crazy as it sounds, back in season one, if I knew what I know now, I would have stopped watching real fast. Seasons 4, 5, and 6 were just real bad.

tessalasset
06-02-2010, 11:50 AM
they weren't, tho. they were great television.

sonofhal
06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
http://www.penneydesign.com/folio_IM_lostgame.html

I want to play this.

OnlyNonStranger
06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I finally watched the last episode and kinda wish I hadn't. I'm sad it's over and also a little confused.

gazercmh
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I finally watched the last episode and kinda wish I hadn't. I'm sad it's over and also a little confused.

There's no way I actually could've resisted, but part of me wishes I'd never watched the last three episodes.

atom heart
06-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Where should it have ended?

Courtney
06-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Jin and I are now BFFs.

bleep
06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Jin and I are now BFFs.
please get him to cough up Alex O'Loughlin's phone number for my benefit. both are involved in the unnecessary Hawaii Five-O remake.

rage patton
06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Ok wow. So, I totally just cried when Bernard and Rose reunited. I feel silly... but I couldn't help it.

ivankay
06-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Lost caused a lot of tear duct activity during it's run. It happened most with me on episodes that centered on Desmond, Sun and Jin. i haven't started a rewatch yet, but intend to before i expire.

rage patton
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
The Sun and Jin stuff has almost made me cry a number of times before, but Bernard and Rose finally pushed me over the edge.

thestripe
06-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Desmond episodes. That's when shit get's real.

captncrzy
06-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Ok wow. So, I totally just cried when Bernard and Rose reunited. I feel silly... but I couldn't help it.

Awww. Wait till you see The Constant.

I.F.A.
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Desmond episodes. That's when shit get's real.

Yes! Desmond was probably my favorite character. Mr. Skinny Tie was a close second.

chairmenmeow47
06-08-2010, 09:32 AM
courtney, i hope you and jin become BFFWB :) those arms, rar.

tells us more btw.

and rage, get out the box of tissues for the seasons 3 & 4 finales.

rage patton
06-12-2010, 10:12 PM
So I finally found a friend who had season 2 on DVD. I had watched up to episode 14 online before today... so I sat down and watched 10 episodes today. Holy crap. So. Much. To. Take. In. If characters keep dying so fast, I don't see how anyone will be left by season 6.

I also found someone with Season 3, so I should be getting that tomorrow. I think I found someone with season 4 and 5 on DVD as well and will probably get that sometime next week. I am ready to say goodbye to my life for the next couple weeks.

I have heard Season 3 is the weakest of the whole series, so I will be keeping my expectations low throughout the series. I will have the box of tissues ready for the finalle though, Ivy.

Any ideas when season 6 comes out on DVD?

chairmenmeow47
06-12-2010, 10:27 PM
season 3 is the worst. just wait till you meet nikki & palo :p

i'd guess sometime around august or september? isn't that when they usually come out?

tessalasset
06-13-2010, 12:35 AM
season 6 comes out in august, which rules, cause it usually comes out a lot later.

i actually thought season 2 was the worst of the series, despite being introduced to ben. it'll be interesting to watch season 2 through again since it's been four years now. i might like it more the second time around. i just remember hating being cooped up in the damn hatch the whole time.

also, josh, don't look at this.

i just bought this poster:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AFY8ecYdL4A/S_riYIcvGaI/AAAAAAAAADk/Q6IY3nB9SZc/s1600/LOST+EYE.jpg

chairmenmeow47
06-13-2010, 04:13 PM
i fucking LOVED season 2. it's the first season i watched live. i loved ben, i loved desmond, i loved mr. eko and i loved all the stuff with the tailies. it was nice seeing the plane crash go not-so-perfectly for those guys. plus when you re-watch, there's lots of subtle shit like ana lucia finding an old, US army knife. didn't mean anything when we first watched...

and that's gorgeous, tessa! i wish i had gotten the jin & sun poster. i printed a copy of it for my party and never wanted to take it down. JOSH ALSO DON'T LOOK!

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/mrv-resources/product_image/lost_mcpherson_z.png

rage patton
06-15-2010, 03:24 PM
JACK AND CLAIRE ARE BROTHER AND SISTER!?!?!?

This show throws a lot of curve balls... but I did NOT see that coming.

Also, why did Mr. Eko have to die so early?

I.F.A.
06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
^ Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wanted to be written off of the show. :(

chairmenmeow47
06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
dude josh, if you can watch the extras, watch interviews with eko. guy is a pompous FUCK. it's hilarious.

captncrzy
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
JACK AND CLAIRE ARE BROTHER AND SISTER!?!?!?

This show throws a lot of curve balls... but I did NOT see that coming.

Also, why did Mr. Eko have to die so early?

I love this. It's like watching your baby discover how to walk.

tessalasset
06-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Ivy I actually really don't like that poster. They remind me of tadpoles and it kinda creeps me out.

chairmenmeow47
06-16-2010, 09:50 AM
ha ha ha ha, interesting take tessa :)

thestripe
06-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Rage, you shou find the vozz write ups. Read them after your done with each episdoe. It adds a certian level of fun to it.

rage patton
06-16-2010, 10:24 AM
^ Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wanted to be written off of the show. :(

dude josh, if you can watch the extras, watch interviews with eko. guy is a pompous FUCK. it's hilarious.

Ahhh ok. I guess that explains it. That sucks though. I really liked his character and felt Eko could have been developed and used more. His death to me felt like they were just trying to write him off... and I guess that is exactly what they trying to do.

Rage, you shou find the vozz write ups. Read them after your done with each episdoe. It adds a certian level of fun to it.

I tried searching for these vozz write ups you speak of... but all I found was this (http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/06/vozzek69s-theory-of-everything.html). Is this what you are talking about? Maybe I am blind, but I couldn't find an episode guide.

chairmenmeow47
06-16-2010, 10:28 AM
he's a great actor and eko was a great character, but i would fucking hate to have to talk to the guy or deal with him on any normal level. especially after watching oz lol.

josh, on that darkufo link you posted, i clicked the label for just "vozzek69" and got more of his entries, but it doesn't seem to go all the way back. if you google "vozzek things i noticed" and the episode title though, it seems to pull up specific entries. for example, i just googled the constant and found that entry.

captncrzy
06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm rewatching LAX 1. Josh-don't read this.

Rose figured it out at the plane tremble. As has already been pointed out, she tells Jack to "let go" of his seat. What I didn't remember is that when Bernard comes back from the bathroom, she tells him that she's missed him. Bernard looks surprised, like it wouldn't be anything she would normally say.

Blinken
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
So then Rose probably outlived Bernard, it is interesting to think about they did during the Hurley years. I know they wanted to stay clear of the drama, but there was probably a lot less of that going on.

chairmenmeow47
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
not necessarily. she could have died before bernard and just missed him when she reached "enlightenment". kate says she missed jack for example, but jack died before kate.

tessalasset
06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
That's interesting. Jimmy Kimmel kind of hit on that in his Aloha to Lost episode, but he didn't take it further with Rose. He said when the plane shakes and then clears up, that was the moment that Jack died on the island. Then Rose turns to him and tells him he can let go aka move on. So she woulda already been dead, too. But that's interesting about her comment to Bernard. I forgot about that.

rage patton
06-17-2010, 12:42 PM
WHY IN BLUE HELL WAS THE SEASON 3 FINALLE ONLY A 42 MINUTE EPISODE AND NOT A 125 MINUTES!?!?!?

Whose funeral did Jack go to? Sawyers? And instead of flash backs... is it going to flash forwards from now on? What the bloody hell is going on?

And is Charlie seriously dead? Is there really 3 more seasons with no Charlie? I hated Charlie at times... but overall I think he is my favorite character. I can't imagine the next 3 seasons being without him.

P.S. Don't answer my questions.

I.F.A.
06-17-2010, 12:48 PM
WHY IN BLUE HELL WAS THE SEASON 3 FINALLE ONLY A 42 MINUTE EPISODE AND NOT A 125 MINUTES!?!?!?

Whose funeral did Jack go to? Sawyers? And instead of flash backs... is it going to flash forwards from now on? What the bloody hell is going on?

And is Charlie seriously dead? Is there really 3 more seasons with no Charlie? I hated Charlie at times... but overall I think he is my favorite character. I can't imagine the next 3 seasons being without him.

Oh, grasshopper...

chairmenmeow47
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
josh, imagine how we felt about the coffin watching it live. holy hell.

and the finales are sometimes split into seperate episodes, maybe that's why?

rage patton
06-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Do the bonus features contain any spoilers? Should I avoid them or are they safe to watch?

And yeah... I don't know how you guys stuck with this for 6 years. I have to wait until Saturday until I can get Season 4 and I am getting anxious already.

captncrzy
06-17-2010, 01:07 PM

Oh, the flashbacks I'm having. That was a great goddamn season finale. Waiting the entire summer to find out who was in the coffin was torture.

Blinken
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Lol, it is so fucking great seeing you go through this.

You are safe to watch the bonus features, they are spoiler free.

digitaldragon03
06-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Im pretty sure Through the Looking Glass is a two part episode.

rage patton
06-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Im pretty sure Through the Looking Glass is a two part episode.

It is... but the Season 1 and Season 2 finales were also two part episodes, but the actual finale itself were 125 minute episodes. Season 3 finale was a 42 minute episode.

Oh, the flashbacks I'm having. That was a great goddamn season finale. Waiting the entire summer to find out who was in the coffin was torture.

I am probably going to have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to start watching Season 4 and it is already driving me crazy haha.

Thanks! Going to go watch now.

rage patton
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
season 3 is the worst. just wait till you meet nikki & palo :p

Also, this. Does that episode ever have a point? I was so angry at the end of that episode. It felt like a total waste of 42 minutes. Does anything ever come out of it, or was it a waste of time?

I.F.A.
06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Also, this. Does that episode ever have a point? I was so angry at the end of that episode. It felt like a total waste of 42 minutes. Does anything ever come out of it, or was it a waste of time?

It was pretty much a waste of time.

Cancersticks1
06-17-2010, 03:30 PM
It was pretty much a waste of time.

Disagree, I think season 6 made that episode so worth it.

I.F.A.
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Eh, but the later reference didn't really add anything to the plot. It's like they had to include the reference just to keep it from having been a waste of time. It was like a tacked on pseudo-apology for having written such a shitty episode.

But, that's just my opinion. ;)

BobCaygeon
06-17-2010, 05:18 PM

They're spoiler-free WRT upcoming seasons, but there can be spoilers within a season. For example, don't listen to the commentary for Episode 4 until you've watched the whole season. They may discuss things in future episodes.

I only mention this because I found this out the hard way once.

BobCaygeon
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM

Damon and Carlton are pretty open about Nikki and Paulo being a mistake. They also mention that they knew it before the fans had this opinion. To acknowledge this, they added the line where Sawyer says "Who the hell is Nikki" or something like that.

tessalasset
06-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they made the nikki & paolo episode when they still didn't have an end date, right? You gotta forgive them for a lot of the fluff episodes when they still weren't sure how many years they were going to have to tread water.

OnlyNonStranger
06-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I think I just saw Jacob in an old episode of The Mentalist.

Down Rodeo
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Jacob is also in Mulholland Dr.

captncrzy
06-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Disagree, I think season 6 made that episode so worth it.

Yep. I love knowing what Miles makes off with.

chairmenmeow47
06-18-2010, 07:33 AM
screw the diamonds, i just liked seeing shitty people get buried alive.

I.F.A.
06-18-2010, 08:53 AM

Also, I'd suggest the Long Live Locke (http://longlivelocke.blogspot.com/) write-ups. I like Vozzek too, but his theories were a little too out there sometimes.

I tried searching for these vozz write ups you speak of... but all I found was this (http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/06/vozzek69s-theory-of-everything.html). Is this what you are talking about? Maybe I am blind, but I couldn't find an episode guide.

If you search the DarkUFO site for vozzek69, a list should come up. It's kind of a pain that they're not all more easily accessible.

ivankay
06-18-2010, 09:54 AM
screw the diamonds, i just liked seeing shitty people get buried alive.

This made their awkward inclusion into the show worth it. i loved that episode.

rage patton
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Just finished Disc 2 of season 4. This show really does keep getting better and better. However, I find the amount of questions I have about what is going on to be overwhelming.

First off... Jin is going to die? By the time I got to "Ji Yeon" I had assumed Sun and Jin were the last 2 of the Oceanic 6. I was thinking that must mean Saywer was going to die a hero on the island or something...

But then halfway through the episode I remembered the coffin in the season 3 finale. How have they not told us who is in the cofin yet? When I saw it, I thought it was Saywer in the coffin. Then I tjought it wasn't... now that I know Jin is going to die at somepoint, my guess is that Saywer rounds off the Oceanic 6... dies and then no one shows up to his funeral.

Then I was thinking... where does all this leave Claire? And what about Aaron? Does Claire die too? What did Claire do to deserve to die?

And Micheal on the boat? Did Ben just lead him and Walt to that boat? And what about Walt? He wasn't really on the island with Locke, was he?

Also... one of the questions that has been burning me since the first episode of the series that hasn't been answere yet.... Why did Jack wake up in the jungle? It doesn't make any sense why he would be alone in the jungle and be alive while everyone else was on the shore. Do they answer this question at any point in the series???

Oh, and you all were right. The Constant did make me tear up. Perhaps one of the single best episodes of the series thus far.

chairmenmeow47
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
they don't really answer that, no. i was just fate. he wasn't the only one though. bernard ended up in a tree with someone else. the tailies ended up somewhere else entirely. the pilot was in the front, which was in a tree as well.

rage patton
06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Hmmm.... ok. I just don't get how Jack was able to land safely on the ground after falling out of the middle section of the plane so far away from everyone else. At least I am not going to expect an answer anymore.

Also... I just had a thought. Maybe Ben is the one in the coffin?

chairmenmeow47
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
the fact that anyone survived is a miracle. not just jack.

rage patton
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Haha, very true. Just for some reason it has always been bugging me. Not anymore though. I have to go to work in half an hour though... so no more time for Lost. I guess tomorrow I will meet Kevin Johnson.

chairmenmeow47
06-22-2010, 03:32 PM
oOoOoOoOo, yes you will ;) and it will shed some light on some of those questions.

captncrzy
06-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Hmmm.... ok. I just don't get how Jack was able to land safely on the ground after falling out of the middle section of the plane so far away from everyone else. At least I am not going to expect an answer anymore.

Also... I just had a thought. Maybe Ben is the one in the coffin?

I'm enjoying that we know and you don't. teehee

kitt kat
06-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I just LOLd through both of those posts.

Cancersticks1
06-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh man I wish I could Eternal Sunshine myself and go through that shit again.

tessalasset
06-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Josh they don't explain it very well, but the fuselage actually cartwheeled through the jungle and landed on the beach, so Jack was just thrown from the plane.

BeHereNOW
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
this thread is goona take down the "Daft Punk...Not at Coachella but Playing US" thread

tessalasset
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Not even close.

rage patton
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
oOoOoOoOo, yes you will ;) and it will shed some light on some of those questions.

I am very upset that Sayid turned in Micheal.

On another note, I can't believe how many people just died.

Josh they don't explain it very well, but the fuselage actually cartwheeled through the jungle and landed on the beach, so Jack was just thrown from the plane.

That is a satisfying answer. Thank you.

tessalasset
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Now taking that into consideration, it was still a fucking miracle that he was not impaled by one of those bamboo stalks.

thestripe
06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Everything happens for a reason, Tessa.

thestripe
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
EDIT:

Happened.

tessalasset
06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Shhhh this is me stroking Josh's imagination.

thestripe
06-23-2010, 04:07 PM
That's what she said.

I.F.A.
06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Best gratuitous Lost reference ever: http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

ivankay
06-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Best gratuitous Lost reference ever: http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

Very funny.

rage patton
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
So I watched the season 4 finale today. I was confused when I found out it was "Jeremy Bentham" in the coffin. I was like "They are going to introduce another character this episode? Not only that, another character who is named after a philosopher? Interesting." I kept on waiting and waiting for Jeremy Bentham to show up. Then when Hugo asked Sayid why they can't say his real name and Sayid sushed him... I figured out it could be no one else other than John Locke. Pretty clever.

Also I can't believe how Jin died. :(

tessalasset
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
I cried like a freaking baby when that freighter blew up. Sun's reaction puts me over the edge every single time.

tessalasset
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Also I just got my orange poster in the mail today. I'll take a pic of it once I frame it. It's freaking beautiful.

chairmenmeow47
06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
sun's performane was suprerb :(

tessalasset
06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Drunk!

J~$$$$
06-25-2010, 10:49 AM
OMG!

http://cdn.nextround.net/upcoming/thumbs/2010/06/23/Love-is-Like-a-Water-Park-200.jpg

rage patton
06-27-2010, 08:17 PM
HOLY FUCK!

Season 5 Episode 4 "The Little Prince" just blew my fucking mind. First off... JIN! Second... the look on Jin's face when he found out Danielle Rousseau rescued him was absolutely priceless.

ivankay
06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Damn, you're just ripping through the episodes.

tessalasset
06-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Haha we barely had time to chuckle at you thinking Jin was actually dead! Slow down, son!

rage patton
06-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Ive watched 4 episodes today haha. My plans tonight fell through... so I reverted to Lost.

The wait for season 6 is going to be killer once I've finished season 5, which I anticipate doing sometime in the next week.

tessalasset
06-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Torrent.

rage patton
07-02-2010, 09:58 PM
My conception of time is now forever changed. Can they change the future or not!?!? I thought I got it for a while... then Faraday showed back up and fucked up everything I thought.

I have two more episodes in Season 5 to watch... If Faraday (somehow) isn't dead, and he does detonate the bomb, then it would be impossible for Jack, Kate and the rest of them to be on the island, yes? As Hurley put it, would they go "Back To The Future?"

Also, Radzinski is Leonard from Santa Rose, right? It has to be. How has Hurley not recognized this? Also, Hurley was right... why didn't Ben recognize Sayid when he was first put into the hatch and "interogated" by Sayid.

I have a feeling most of these questions won't be answered by the Season 5 end.

EDIT: ALSO. Who the fuck is Allanah? And that Bram dude. Did she know that Sayid was her ticket to the Island?

tessalasset
07-02-2010, 10:58 PM
All I can say is no, Leonard and Radzinsky are not the same actor or character. Nothing to do with each other.

Also you are going to LOVE the Season 5 finale. One of my favorites.

rage patton
07-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Weird. When I saw Radzinsky I just thought it was Leonard. It made sense to me too, because he is working on the Swan. I guess I haven't seen Leonard in a long time though and kind of forget what he looked like.

I will probably watch "Follow The Leader" sometime tomorrow night and the Season 5 finale Monday night. After that I am going to watch the special features of Seasons 3, 4 and 5... then decide what to do about season 6. I could go back to the old way on megaupload. Or I could torrent them, as Tessa suggested... But after watching it on DVD, I don't want to watch it on a tiny computer screen.

tessalasset
07-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Buy a bigger computer screen.

Pixiessp
07-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I just completed Season 5. What an episode!! I got pretty teary eyed. I plan on watching Season 6 on Netflix.

rage patton
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Holy shit the season 5 finale was intense.

Also... has anyone heard about this?

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/lost-complete-box-closed-550x332.jpg

Lost: The Complete Collection.

It features every episode of Lost, all the previous bonus features, extra bonus features and board game called 'Senet' that is apparently featured in Season 6 (so I haven't run across this game yet) and a bunch of other stuff. It is being released August 24th, same day as the season 6 DVD.

Anyone getting it? $229.99.

EDIT: Just for fun, another picture of the complete collection.

http://srwp.screenrant.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Lost-complete-series-collection-artwork.jpg

Blinken
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I would but I already own season 1-5 on Blu-Ray.

digitaldragon03
07-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah, ill probably just get Season 6 on Blu-Ray. If i didnt have any of the seasons i would definitely go for that set.

Cancersticks1
07-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I'll be getting that. Already sold back all my previous dvd's/blu-rays to cover it.

OnlyNonStranger
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
That looks like something I'd ask my parents to get me for my birthday or christmas. Could never see myself buying something like that.

donkey sex
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
hope there's instructions for the game besides "kill each other"

tessalasset
07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Just season 6 for me. I don't need all that other bullshit.

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2010, 09:11 AM
i don't have any of the seasons and would love that, though i'd probably never actually buy it.

rage patton
07-07-2010, 10:29 PM
That looks like something I'd ask my parents to get me for my birthday or christmas. Could never see myself buying something like that.

I think that is exactly what I will be asking for come Christmas.

rage patton
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I always knew I recognized Juliet from somewhere, but I just couldn't figure out where from. I just realized where I know her from though. The Santa Clause 2. She becomes Mrs. Claus. That is too funny.

Also, I saw a guy in class last week wearing a Dharma Initiative T-shirt. It was the Swan logo. I commented on it and we talked about Lost for a bit. It gave me an idea for a Halloween costume...

EDIT: While looking through IMDB, I now remember Lapidas and Sayid in Planet Terror. Even more awesome. Actually, it is pretty fun looking through the actors' previous movies.

tessalasset
07-10-2010, 08:08 PM
What blew me away was realizing Lapidus is the fucking LAWNMOWER MAN!

http://theuniversalmagnetic.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/lawnmower_man_poster_0213.jpg

atom heart
07-11-2010, 08:57 AM
HOLY SHIT that movie is another in a long list of 80s movies that haunt my childhood.

tessalasset
07-11-2010, 11:33 AM
God in that pic they're like the original Daft Punk.

Yeah I used to be horrified of that movie. I always thought it came out in the early-mid 80s but I just found out it came out in 92. I just downloaded it cause I seriously haven't watched it in almost 20 years. Can't wait to see if it's still as fucked up.

rage patton
07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Weird. Piece Brosnan still looks exactly the same. Lapidus look the same took actually, just older and a little more hagard.

atom heart
07-11-2010, 04:07 PM
God in that pic they're like the original Daft Punk.

Yeah I used to be horrified of that movie. I always thought it came out in the early-mid 80s but I just found out it came out in 92. I just downloaded it cause I seriously haven't watched it in almost 20 years. Can't wait to see if it's still as fucked up.

Well, early nineties makes almost no difference, movie wise. OH GOD LAWNMOWER MAN *goes to cower in a corner*

Tell us about it when you get through it.

Dogvolta
07-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Yeah, Lawnmower Man freaked the shit out of me back in '92. I was like 8 or 9 years old. Oddly enough, presently, I relentlessly try to recapture that horrified feeling by watching any and all fucked up movies I can get my hands on.
Sadly, no movie scares me like those movies did back in the 90s.
The last movie to seriously disturb me to the core was Event Horizon (97), I was about 13 years old and couldn't sleep for about a week.

OnlyNonStranger
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Dude, did you ever see Fire in the Sky? That movie fucking haunted me for years and years afterward.

Westy
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
OMGZ:

http://www.profilesinhistory.com/lost-the-auction.html

tessalasset
08-05-2010, 10:34 PM
The only news in that link is that tickets are now on sale for a whopping $45/day, or a $65 2-day pass, plus $17 shipping. $17 to ship the ticket like 15 miles from their office to my house. Awesome. I'm hoping my dad will get this for my bday cause I sure as hell can't afford that right now.

J~$$$$
08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
its here......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Full 12 Minute Lost Epilogue!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid88099121001?bctid=441710094001

rage patton
08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
What is this Epilogue business? Is it 12 minutes of addition footage to tie up loose ends? If so... I better get out of here. I haven't even begun season 6.

Cancersticks1
08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
What is this Epilogue business? Is it 12 minutes of addition footage to tie up loose ends? If so... I better get out of here. I haven't even begun season 6.

Yeah, definitely avoid.

I.F.A.
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
its here......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Full 12 Minute Lost Epilogue!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

J~$$$$
08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
He is special!

Blinken
08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Damn it I can't watch it in my phone, I guess I have to wait until tonight or until it shows up on youtube

chairmenmeow47
08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
SPOILER

EARLY TERM GESTATION ISSUES?!?!? HMMMMMMM?!??!

Cancersticks1
08-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Shit! I didn't get to see it and now it's taken down!

tessalasset
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Damn my internets being down.

J~$$$$
08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6wdb5QLrW1qzzta5o1_500.jpg

Weezers new album cover called..........Hurley

Fuck you Weezer.

thestripe
08-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow.

rage patton
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I just googled this because I thought for sure it was a joke. It wasn't. Wow. Now, that can't actually be the album artwork... can it? Surely that is a joke.

What makes this worse... is that in trying to find out if this was a joke or not, I read a season 6 spoiler and now I am bummed. Not because of what the spoiler said, but that I read a spoiler at all. Season 6 can't come out to DVD soon enough...

Fuck you, Weezer.

EDIT: So the cover isn't a joke either. Wow.

tessalasset
08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
SWEET I got a two-day pass to the LOST auction. Thanks, dad!

kitt kat
08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Here's a piece on the auction:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/08/own-a-piece-of-lost-this-weekend.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ShowTracker+%28L.A.+Times+-+Show+Tracker%29

Dogvolta
08-19-2010, 06:24 AM

Let me guess, they don't really answer anything but throw a couple more questions out way.

Isn't working right now anyways.

tessalasset
08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
yeah it didn't say anything.

i got my tix!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs296.snc4/41124_554013840476_81500275_32281691_1290016_n.jpg

chairmenmeow47
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
we got some closure on walt and we learned that electro magnetism causes gestation issues early in pregnancy. i think we got some stuff from that.

i really wish i could afford the auction, boo. i want the dinosaur trophy from season 6. and kate's airplane.

tessalasset
08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
we got some closure on walt and we learned that electro magnetism causes gestation issues early in pregnancy. i think we got some stuff from that.

ohhhh my bad, i didn't even notice. i thought he had just quoted katt's link to the auction article. i havent watched the 12 min clip yet.

tessalasset
08-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Heading down to the auction in a bit. I don't think I'll be bidding on anything. I didn't pre-register and I just found out if you want to register there, they force you to buy the $55 catalog before you do. This thing is really expensive. Hopefully they won't charge me to get a picture in Oceanic 815.

tessalasset
08-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Damn. For how expensive it was to get in here, the merch is shockingly cheap. $30 each for all those Lost Live, etc posters that sell for hundreds on eBay. $15 for shirts, $15 for bobbleheads.

tessalasset
08-21-2010, 11:39 PM
15 hours later, and I'm just getting back from Day 1 of the Lost Auction. Jesus Christ. I swear they originally said on the website that the auction would be from 1pm - 3 pm. Well, it went from 1 pm to 12 am. 11 hours of basically watching people bid online in real time. The internet killed any chance I had of bidding on something. I even registered and got my cute little paddle and everything. I talked to a few different people there - the MC, some of the people from the auction house, and one of the high bidders who does this for a living - and they all said everything was going for WAY more than they expected. We went through 477 auctions today, and I would say maybe 10% of those sold for under $1,000. The high bidder guy said he's been to a ton of these before (he buys memorabilia and loans it out to other museums around the world) and he said this is the highest priced one he's ever been to in the past twenty years he's been doing this. He had to give up after a while. Shit that just totally shouldn't have sold for that much. It was a frenzy. The cheapest thing that sold all day was one of Rose's tops from season 3, for $350. The most fun we had was when someone in the room would get in a bidding war with "the internet" and if they beat out the internet, everyone cheered and applauded. It was a total us vs them mentality. Unfortunately the internet won over and over and over.

So it was crazy, and tiring, and I'm all sore from sitting for 11 hours, but it was really fun, too. They had a ton of huge set pieces all dressed up that you could take pictures in. You could shake hands with Mr. Cluck, sit in the Oceanic plane, type in the numbers at the hatch computer, hang out with Roger at the Dharma van, and look down the hatch like Jack and Locke did. I got a ton of photos, but I'm too pooped to edit tonight so I'll put them up tomorrow night. Leslie Arzt and young Ben were there (as was Jorge Garcia's girlfriend. I recognized her immediately behind me in line as sidekick22 on Jorge's website, but I didn't approach her cause I don't really know what I'd say). But Leslie (real name Danny) just stood at a table and posed for pictures with everyone who came up to him. I got a rad photo with him. Young Ben's name is Sterling and he seems super conceited.

Alright Day 2 is coming up quickly so I gotta get to bed. Night folks!

tessalasset
08-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Maybe pictures tomorrow. For now, here's one of me bidding on Leslie Arzt.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs195.ash2/45805_554316703536_81500275_32292104_7175418_n.jpg

rage patton
08-24-2010, 01:10 PM
So I went out and bought Season 6 today. There was a one day only sale at Future Shop and it was $44.99 instead of $79.99. Score!

I just watched LA X... ARE THEY ON OR OFF THE FUCKING ISLAND!?!?!?!?!?

Also, I feel horrible for Saywer. Having to go through Julliets death twice. Also, the end of episode blew my mind. I knew he couldn't have died though. How they did it was just awesome though.

captncrzy
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
This is going to be a great week.

rage patton
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Great. 3 Episodes into Season 6 and I have even more questions than I did at the end of Season 5.

captncrzy
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Try to not get too wrapped up in the mysteries; there are lots of questions that are unanswered. Focus on the character stories and you'll be a lot less upset at the end.

rage patton
08-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh I am. Since Season 5 Saywer has slowly started becoming my favorite character... and Season 6 has only made him more so, thus far. I also really like the "lucky" Hurley who didn't crash.

I also can't stop thinking about what else changed after the bomb exploded. Desmond on the plane? Shannon not being on the plane? Hurley being "the luckiest man alive?" Hellen still with Locke? Ben as school teacher?

captncrzy
08-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Ah, memories.

BobCaygeon
08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Somehow season 6 wasn't my favorite, but it had two of my top three episodes. I can't explain this, but I'm looking forward to your (Rage) reaction to the two. I suspect you'll know which ones I mean after you see them. (One for sure, anyway.)

thestripe
08-26-2010, 07:26 AM
I just deleted the last episode off my DVR. Time to let go, The.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2010, 08:49 AM
they're still on mein. i will never let go. i had the constant on my last DVR until i moved.

captncrzy
08-26-2010, 09:17 AM
I'LL NEVER LET GO JACK! I'LL NEVER LET GO!

tessalasset
08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
I deleted mine off when I realized I didn't like watching them on my crappy TV and preferred my big computer monitor.

Aphxtwinin
08-26-2010, 12:29 PM
im watching everything all over again...on Season 1 Ep 11...and holy shit this is so much better the second time around! and i got my gf and roomate into it this time around HAHA and they were haters before

JustSteve
08-26-2010, 12:52 PM
well, the first season it was easy to be a fan...gotta see if it sticks further along.

tessalasset
08-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah I've only gotten through six episodes of season 1 before I got distracted by Dexter. I gotta try again. Season 2 was the toughest for me.

captncrzy
08-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I finally found a site that's streaming the epilogue:

http://c0up.posterous.com/lost-season-6-epilogue-new-man-in-charge

Aphxtwinin
08-27-2010, 01:51 PM
well, the first season it was easy to be a fan...gotta see if it sticks further along.

Season 3 was my test, it got pretty rough but once i made it through it was great till the end

fikus222
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I finally found a site that's streaming the epilogue:

http://c0up.posterous.com/lost-season-6-epilogue-new-man-in-charge

Awesome, I hadn't seen this yet, thank you.

tessalasset
08-28-2010, 11:41 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs434.snc4/47711_554765089966_81500275_32307533_7108172_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs436.snc4/47914_554765104936_81500275_32307536_8372207_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs436.snc4/47914_554765109926_81500275_32307537_6863046_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs391.snc4/45406_554765124896_81500275_32307539_868109_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs376.snc4/45899_554765154836_81500275_32307543_6433668_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs403.snc4/46658_554765174796_81500275_32307546_6033970_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs423.snc4/46658_554765179786_81500275_32307547_6451987_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs423.snc4/46658_554765184776_81500275_32307548_5881373_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs208.ash2/47144_554765204736_81500275_32307551_2379239_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs415.snc4/47849_554765244656_81500275_32307559_2298577_n.jpg

ivankay
08-28-2010, 11:56 PM
So awesome.

Somewhat Damaged
08-29-2010, 10:01 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs376.snc4/45899_554765154836_81500275_32307543_6433668_n.jpg

Haha, this one's the best.

Suffice it to say, captncrzy was spitting mad at Lost's shutout at the Emmys tonight. I suspect they'll fare a little better at the Golden Globes. I guess I didn't expect the show to win Best Drama, but I was surprised that Terry O'Quinn didn't get singled out for Best Supporting Actor (Michael Emerson probably siphoned off some votes) and that The End didn't win for Best Direction.

tessalasset
08-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Weren't Terry and Michael both up for Best Supporting?

I just said this on FB and I'll say it again... while LOST is definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen, I don't really think it's Emmy territory. I don't really know how to explain it. I guess because you pretty much have Matthew Fox and Evangeline Lilly as your Lead Actors, and neither can hold a candle to the other actors nominated in those roles at the Emmys. Maybe it's unfortunate for LOST that there are SO many fantastic shows out on HBO and Showtime right now. They just don't stick out anymore. It sucks that Alpert couldn't have been nominated solely for Ab Aeterno, cause that was the only thing I felt all season that should have been nominated.

tessalasset
08-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Haha, this one's the best.

one of the press people there actually took a photo of me doing this as well and asked for my name and city for his article. i wish i had thought to ask him what paper or site.

captncrzy
08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
FUCK YOU EMMYS! FUCK YOU!

thestripe
08-30-2010, 07:24 AM
I've seen Modern Family. It's not that good. Haters.

captncrzy
08-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Modern Family is high-larious.

LOST wasn't up against them; my problem is with the drama category.

thestripe
08-30-2010, 07:28 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs415.snc4/47849_554765244656_81500275_32307559_2298577_n.jpg

I might have to avatar this.

"I've seen the eye of the Island. And it's gay"

*giggle*

thestripe
08-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Modern Family is high-larious.

LOST wasn't up against them; my problem is with the drama category.

Tev. I watched waiting for Lost to win something. It didn't. Modern Family won a lot. So naturally they are the enemy. Now stop correcting me Capt'n or I'll cut you.

captncrzy
08-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm scared of knives. Can you threaten to punch me or something instead?

chairmenmeow47
08-30-2010, 08:29 AM
the hatch one is the best. great pictures you lucky bitch. i also love that you're repping coachella in them :)

tessalasset
08-30-2010, 10:25 AM
i would have dressed a little better had i realized there were going to be so many photo opps. i felt like a schlub. i thought it was just going to be the little props there. oh well.

Somewhat Damaged
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Weren't Terry and Michael both up for Best Supporting?

They were, which is why I said that Michael Emerson probably siphoned off votes (that may have otherwise gone to Terry O'Quinn for people who wanted to honor Lost).

tessalasset
08-31-2010, 01:07 AM
oh, duh.

yeah terry totally should have been the only nominee. this wasn't michael's best season.

chairmenmeow47
08-31-2010, 08:23 AM
agreed. has michael ever won for lost?

captncrzy
08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah he won last year.

chairmenmeow47
08-31-2010, 09:31 AM
*nods head in approval*

long live disco ben :)

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/582904-2/disco_ben.jpg

rage patton
08-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Just finished Disc 2 of Season 6.

"Dr. Linus" may very well be one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. I <3 Ben. I find it astounding the way he went from a this strong and powerful charcter you had to hate, to this sad, pathetic puppy dog you can't help but love.

EDIT:

Somehow season 6 wasn't my favorite, but it had two of my top three episodes. I can't explain this, but I'm looking forward to your (Rage) reaction to the two. I suspect you'll know which ones I mean after you see them. (One for sure, anyway.)

Just saw this post. Was "Dr. Linus" one of the episodes you were refering to?

BobCaygeon
09-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Just saw this post. Was "Dr. Linus" one of the episodes you were refering to?

Yep. The second one is coming up for you soon...

rage patton
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Wow. Season 6 keeps getting better and better!

Both Ab Aeterno and The Package were fantastic episodes.

Also.... DESMOND IS BACK!!! :D

tessalasset
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Ab Aeterno was one of my favorite episodes ever of Lost. Like top 3 probably.

rage patton
09-01-2010, 08:14 PM
You find out so much about Richard, Jacob, The Man in Black and the Island in general in that one episode. I had to pause for a few minutes after it to take in everything that happened. It made things a lot clearer for me.

I also love how in this season all the side characters make appearances after the plane lands. I love it.

thestripe
09-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Wait until you get to "across the sea". That's a good one too.

captncrzy
09-02-2010, 05:38 AM
You find out so much about Richard, Jacob, The Man in Black and the Island in general in that one episode. I had to pause for a few minutes after it to take in everything that happened. It made things a lot clearer for me.

I also love how in this season all the side characters make appearances after the plane lands. I love it.

So, what are you thinking about the sideways world right now? I'd love to hear some input from someone now that I know what is going on.

BobCaygeon
09-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Ab Aeterno was one of my favorite episodes ever of Lost. Like top 3 probably.

1. The Constant
2. Ab Aeterno
3. Dr. Linus

YMMV

tessalasset
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Good call. Those are three fantastic ones. I don't know if I'd put Dr. Linus in the top tho. Maybe the "we have to go back!" one. What was that called? Jesus that was a good episode.

tessalasset
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Also Greatest Hits, if that was the name, where Charlie dies.

thestripe
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

God that makes me want to avatar a crazybeard Jack.

chairmenmeow47
09-03-2010, 09:02 AM
GOUGE AWAY!

agreed about charlie's death. i hated charlie and cried lol.

rage patton
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
WHAT THE FUCK!?!? SUN, JIN AND SAYID ALL IN ONE EPISODE!?!?

I was seriously not prepared for that. Im gonna need a few minutes.

rage patton
09-03-2010, 09:10 PM
So, what are you thinking about the sideways world right now? I'd love to hear some input from someone now that I know what is going on.

My take is that the bomb exploded in 1977, the island, apparently, sunk because of it, thereby changing all of the events that happened after the explosion. Everything that happened before the explosion remained the same.

It seems what is happening in the "sideways" world parallels whats is happening on the island. I still don't have an explanation for the scenarios off the island though. But, I think Happily Ever After shone some light on it. Hugo, Charlie, Desmond, Libbie, and at the end of The Canadidate, it appears as if Locke too, have "remembered" events that happened on the island. What does this mean? Im not sure.

What really took me for a spin was Dr. Chan presenting Hugo with "Man of the Year" award. If he was right there in 1977 when the bomb exploded... wouldn't he be dead? Also... how does he look the exact same in 2004? Did he talk to Jacob too? (That last part was a joke.)

I think eventually everyone off the island will remember the events on the island and that will somehow help the (remaining) people on the island. Or something like that...

Basically, I am confused... but enjoying the ride.

vinylmartyr
09-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Something like that.

tessalasset
09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
WHAT THE FUCK!?!? SUN, JIN AND SAYID ALL IN ONE EPISODE!?!?

I was seriously not prepared for that. Im gonna need a few minutes.

Fucking water works, man. Jin and Sun just fuck me up like no other. Their first reunion (after he left on the raft) made me cry, "blowing up" on the sub made me cry, and now this shit. Which is funny, cause overall I didn't care about their story lines very much.

OnlyNonStranger
09-04-2010, 07:38 AM
I decided two days ago to re-watch the first season in my down time. I'm already half way through. Love this show.

captncrzy
09-05-2010, 11:32 AM
My take is that the bomb exploded in 1977, the island, apparently, sunk because of it, thereby changing all of the events that happened after the explosion. Everything that happened before the explosion remained the same.

It seems what is happening in the "sideways" world parallels whats is happening on the island. I still don't have an explanation for the scenarios off the island though. But, I think Happily Ever After shone some light on it. Hugo, Charlie, Desmond, Libbie, and at the end of The Canadidate, it appears as if Locke too, have "remembered" events that happened on the island. What does this mean? Im not sure.

What really took me for a spin was Dr. Chan presenting Hugo with "Man of the Year" award. If he was right there in 1977 when the bomb exploded... wouldn't he be dead? Also... how does he look the exact same in 2004? Did he talk to Jacob too? (That last part was a joke.)

I think eventually everyone off the island will remember the events on the island and that will somehow help the (remaining) people on the island. Or something like that...

Basically, I am confused... but enjoying the ride.

There's one sentence in this theory that you could focus on and be able to figure it out. I'm going to further confuse you by not telling you which one.

rage patton
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Is everything else I said off base? If so, I am more confused.

So I have 3 epiosdes left. I am going to go watch Across The Ocean and What They Died For today, then give myself some time to think and reflect... then watch The End tomorrow.

LET'S DO THIS!

rage patton
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Well those 2 episodes went by extremely fast...

I don't want this show to end. :(