PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

J~$$$$
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
ese holmes g ect.

Cancersticks1
05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
No, no inside info. Only intuition. Locke will succeed in destroying the island via Desmond, thus "alt" timeline. Not counting on "alt" Desmond to rectify the situation. Also, Jack is going to die of a neck wound, and (my guess) Hurley will be his replacement as island guardian (if only because he said "glad it wasn't me")

J~$$$$
05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Did you notice that his cut on the neck switched sides from right to left after he looked in the mirror............... Loops closing

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 10:14 PM
can you stop being a piece of shit? youre making me sound like brokendoll, motherfucker. im watching the show as fast as I can

haha, sorry man. you are nowhere near bd status if that makes you feel better. but for reals, i dont understand why you would want to come in here before you are caught up. watching this show like that defeats the whole purpose.

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 10:21 PM
so when we see the island underwater at the beginning of this season, does that mean smokey succeeded in destroying the island, or that putting it underwater somehow saved it from getting destroyed?

i like cancersticks theory that alt desmond will counter what other desmond does. speaking of alt desmon, how the hell does he all of a sudden have this grand master plan. help from eloise? faraday?

god it feels so good to finally get answers, like when jacob sits them down and says he'll answer all their questions, its like "god damn, 5 years of watching this shit is finally paying off!!"

sbessiso
05-18-2010, 11:56 PM
haha, sorry man. you are nowhere near bd status if that makes you feel better. but for reals, i dont understand why you would want to come in here before you are caught up. watching this show like that defeats the whole purpose.

i literally stayed up all night watching. at this rate ill be caught up with you fools by next week :D

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 01:47 AM
dude salah if you can be caught up by sunday night (the last episode ever) that would be AWESOME.

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 01:48 AM
scroll down to the bottom of this guy's mini recap and watch the videos. super cool.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/lost-what-they-died-for-doc-jensen/

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 01:56 AM
hahahahah. "Five years of anger management, there's not a lot of tka tka goin on with me anymore." - MIB

oh my god scroll down to the 2nd to last video. MIB cries. so awesome.

Boourns
05-19-2010, 02:06 AM
I've never read that blog before. This made me laugh.

haha, nice one. The concepts of how and why seem to be foreign at best and blasphemy at worst.

i812many
05-19-2010, 04:36 AM
I find it hard to believe that it will be that cut and dry with Jack taking over. That whole scene I was waiting for a gunshot and then a hole through Jack.

thestripe
05-19-2010, 04:49 AM
It was nice to see Jack officially take over Jacob's role. But Jacob didn't explain the most important part. DON'T GO INTO THE EASY-BAKE OVEN.

And WTF Ben? Back to your old ways of cold blooded murder?

i812many
05-19-2010, 07:12 AM
YOU ARE ALL GOING TO BE SO FUCKING DISAPPOINTED AT THE FINALE

I'll give it one more episode then I'm done watching it.

Cancersticks1
05-19-2010, 07:31 AM
It was nice to see Jack officially take over Jacob's role. But Jacob didn't explain the most important part. DON'T GO INTO THE EASY-BAKE OVEN.

And WTF Ben? Back to your old ways of cold blooded murder?

I'm actually more convinced than ever that Ben is going to have some Sayid-esque redemptive death after this episode. I'm not buying his allegiance with Locke at all, he's just telling him what he wants to hear. Though he totally wanted to kill Charles. PS Locke slitting the librarians throat and calling her useless was fantastic!

Cancersticks1
05-19-2010, 07:36 AM
From DarkUFO:

"A lot of DarkUFO Readers have been emailing me worried that the ABC promotion to have readers Text Messages displayed during the finale will disrupt their enjoyment of the Episode like the infamous V Countdown timer lol.

I've just got word from ABC that confirm that the Text Messages that are sent in will only be displayed during the commercial break.

So no need to worry, or email me ;)."

Good, I was seriously pissed off when I saw that ad.

Sexecutioner
05-19-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm actually more convinced than ever that Ben is going to have some Sayid-esque redemptive death after this episode. I'm not buying his allegiance with Locke at all, he's just telling him what he wants to hear. Though he totally wanted to kill Charles. PS Locke slitting the librarians throat and calling her useless was fantastic!

i agree. i think ben mainly just wanted to kill charles. he might have also wanted the island for himself like locke promised him, but once locke said he planned to destroy it the island, ben will realize there is nothing in it for him anymore and redeem himself in order to save it.

Cancersticks1
05-19-2010, 08:13 AM
i agree. i think ben mainly just wanted to kill charles. he might have also wanted the island for himself like locke promised him, but once locke said he planned to destroy it the island, ben will realize there is nothing in it for him anymore and redeem himself in order to save it.

Yeah he kind of blew that motivation all to hell by telling Ben that, that didn't make much sense. Regardless, I don't think Ben is interested in the island at this point. Locke has made him this offer before and he only considered it the first time because he didn't think he had a choice. Since he killed Jacob he's just been following people around trying to get his bearings, and I think he finally does here and realizes he uniquely has the ability to keep close to Locke and relay information to Miles via the walkie-talkies.

bballarl
05-19-2010, 08:14 AM
That was a good episode. Sunday should be fun.

thestripe
05-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Man I'm going to miss this show. It's not a preview. No spoilers.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZETs9SUXW4E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZETs9SUXW4E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sbessiso
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
dude salah if you can be caught up by sunday night (the last episode ever) that would be AWESOME.

i dont think its physically possible unless I stay home all day every and watch nonstop...

thestripe
05-19-2010, 08:32 AM
You know what you have to do.

sbessiso
05-19-2010, 08:41 AM
well I DO have saturday off...

also, season 4 is shorter? was that part of the writers strike?

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 08:45 AM
From DarkUFO:

"A lot of DarkUFO Readers have been emailing me worried that the ABC promotion to have readers Text Messages displayed during the finale will disrupt their enjoyment of the Episode like the infamous V Countdown timer lol.

I've just got word from ABC that confirm that the Text Messages that are sent in will only be displayed during the commercial break.

So no need to worry, or email me ;)."

Good, I was seriously pissed off when I saw that ad.

I almost lost it when I first saw this last night.

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
well I DO have saturday off...

also, season 4 is shorter? was that part of the writers strike?

Yes.

Blinken
05-19-2010, 09:01 AM
i dont think its physically possible unless I stay home all day every and watch nonstop...

Well then maybe you should have started catching up before the final week.

btw season 4, 5, and 6 are all shorter.

Sexecutioner
05-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Since he killed Jacob he's just been following people around trying to get his bearings, and I think he finally does here and realizes he uniquely has the ability to keep close to Locke and relay information to Miles via the walkie-talkies.

oh yea, forgot about how he specifically wanted the walkie-talkies. so maybe ben had a plan all along.

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
He also has the C4 dun dun dunnnnnn

iGz89
05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Damn it. This actually made me tear up :(

v-M_0Hzu3po

Sexecutioner
05-19-2010, 09:19 AM
wait, so i thought miles went to hide with charles in the closet, but he obviously wasnt in there. so where did miles go?

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
He ran out the door into the jungle.

thestripe
05-19-2010, 09:22 AM
It's going to be Jack and Locke. Not Flocke. Actual Locke. It has to be. What if Jack fixing Locke in the Alt timeline is the reason Locke can walk in the Main timeline? Locke is going to wake up and do what he was brought here to do. This is Jacob's redemption.

I don't buy Kate as one of the chosen ones. She was a variable. She was used to push Jack or Sawyer to the ultimate goal. Jacob told her what she needed to hear. If not Kate would have turned all bitchy and stomped off. Hurley, Sawyer and Kate are all still needed by the Island to help Jack. Their game is not over.

chairmenmeow47
05-19-2010, 09:33 AM
HE DOESN'T GET TO SAVE HIS DAUGHTER

awesome. i need a re-watch.

i started making a lost shirt last night. we still need to print our dharma logos. mein will say "dharma police" on the front with the sherriff's dharma logo. on the back, it says "for a minute there, i lost myself" with lost in white letters instead of black for emphasis. my girlfriend made a black one that says "not locke". can't wait for the finale <3 <3 <3

and i also find the fact that basically any loser with friends & family is a candidate lame. fuck that shit. I THOUGHT CANDIDATES WERE SPECIAL.

iGz89
05-19-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't really care if some of the mysteries of LOST remains unsolved. As much of a pussy as this will sound I just hope that this last episode brings back all the emotions and feelings we had for the characters in the earlier seasons. Making us truly care for them using cleverly placed flashbacks and flashforwards was a large part of what made LOST so great.

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 11:06 AM
You sound like kroqken there, but I agree.

fikus222
05-19-2010, 11:47 AM
I think my favorite scene in the episode was Desmond, Sayid and Kate's ride in the paddywagon...and wtf does Ana Lucia need w/ over a 100k?

thestripe
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
The whole episode was worth watching just to see Flocke cut Zoey's throat. She's useless to me.

chairmenmeow47
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
i had to do a rewind when they killed her, so awesome. LONG overdue.

signmeup
05-19-2010, 12:41 PM
i cheered

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
What did widmore whisper to locke?

thestripe
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
i had to do a rewind when they killed her, so awesome. LONG overdue.

It was perfect. It was like the writers were acknowledging that she was a complete waste of time.

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
THINGS I NOTICED - WHAT THEY DIED FOR

If there's one thing to be said for the writers of LOST, it's that they learn from their mistakes. In past seasons, the pre-finale episodes contained an over-abundance of setup. There were a lot of stories to be wrapped up, a lot of characters to touch on, and a whole lot of traipsing through the beautiful jungles of the island.

Not here though. Not this time.

Maybe it's because they've been putting the pieces together for a while now, but What They Died For was a fantastic non-transitional episode of LOST. With a huge monster of a series finale looming just ahead of us, our gameboard is all set to go. The last pieces are in place, and that's left are the final moves that need to be made. Things I Noticed:

Claire's Here Now? Good Thing They Picked Up the Family-Sized Box of Super Bran

The timelines are merging for our characters. Realities are coming together. In our opening scene, the wound on Jack's neck is getting bigger and redder and much more prominent. What's even scarier, is that it now exists in the off-island universe... and not just in the mirror.

During LA X, I theorized that Jack's mark existed solely in the other timeline. We saw it reflected back in the mirror of Flight 815's bathroom, but we never saw it directly. "Whatever happened to cause the wound on Jack's neck, perhaps it only happened in the one 'true' universe. It's possible the mirror is reflecting back something that happens to Jack later on, or maybe even at the end of the show."

It now looks a lot like this might happen. As Jack chows down on the gigantic spread David put out for breakfast, we see there's a definite horizontal cut on his throat. After seeing what happened to Zoe this episode, this might be really bad news for Jack. It could easily be an omen of bad (island) things to come.

After dropping mention of the upcoming concert, the writers once again tease us with the last big LAX reveal they have left: David's birth mother. At this point, the identity of this woman is almost a running joke. It would be both funny and anticlimactic if it turned out to be Sarah, but I'm rooting along with the fan who wrote me in hoping that it's Nikki. After a half season of Zoe, it would actually be good to see Nikki again.

There's Perfect Harmony - In the Rising and the Falling of the Sea

In a parallel that reaches all the way back to the pilot episode, Jack is now the one stitching Kate up. Although the wound might be different the thread is still black. Sawyer watches zombie-like as a bunch of (very red) life vests wash up on the beach. The emptiness of these vests reflect not only the loss of Sun, Jin, and Sayid, but of the many friends and loved ones our characters have lost over the past six seasons.

Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley stand there looking out over the ocean - finally together, finally united and with a common goal: the destruction of John Locke. For me, this was an awesome image. It took a lot of struggle and a lot of death to get all of their interests aligned, but for once in a long while it seems that everyone is finally on the same page.

Even cooler than that, these characters finally stop blaming each other - and themselves. On their walk through the jungle, we can see the deep conflict going on behind Sawyer's eyes. He faults himself for getting their friends killed, knowing inwardly that Jack was probably right about the bomb. This is where - despite being raked over the coals for the death of Juliet - Jack lets his friend completely off the hook. "He killed them", Jack tells Sawyer in reference to Locke. Jack already knows the guilt associated with being responsible for the deaths of others, and it's noble of him to try and spare Sawyer that same type of pain.

I'm Gonna Pound You Into The Next World, Brotha!

Desmond's on a mission this episode: first he prank-calls Jack, then he sets himself up to burn another set of treadmarks into Locke's back. When Ben shows up again Desmond almost kills two birds with one stone, beating the snot of of Dr. Linus in front of what seems to be a pretty resilient student body. A violent madman stalks the parking lot twice in one week, but somehow school still goes on? I wonder if they get off for snow days.

At any rate, Desmond is serving up way more than the FDA-daily recommended allowance of reality. As we later find out, he's also got plenty to go around. I'm not sure he intended to cause Ben's flash here, but he did it anyway; Ben suddenly remembers getting beaten up by Desmond back on the docks. It seems to me that although Desmond is helping things along, unknown forces are still at work trying to get these characters to remember each other. Not sure if that's an island thing or a Jacob thing.

"You want to know who I am?" - This is another often-repeated phrase within LOST, and this time it's Desmond who drops these words like the hammer of his fist on Ben's face. In the overall big picture, I've always thought this dialogue had a much deeper meaning. Now it looks almost like a metaphor for dual-identity; the characters we see in the alternate timeline aren't exactly the characters we see on the island. Not yet, anyway.

Desmond's beating puts Ben in the nurse's office rather than the police station, where he reflects upon his experience in a full-length mirror. His left arm is back in a sling, just like last time. Locke conveniently shows up so the two of them can bounce cross-timeline clues off one another, and this one last coincidence is the straw that breaks the camel's back for Locke. Time to see Jack again.

'Secreter Room'? C'mon, You Just Can't Beat That

"I lived in these houses 30 years before you did... otherwise known as last week." If anyone is wondering why the writers are still keeping Miles around, you're out of your mind. He's the one voice of reason we can count on when everyone else is accepting the most ridiculous of circumstances, and besides that, he's also funny as shit.

I thought it was cool that Richard had taken the time to bury Alex. It seemed he'd done it out of respect for Ben rather than out of necessity. As colleagues - if not friends - for so many years, it seemed something vital and necessary to the Ben/Richard relationship.

For a long time we've also wondered why burying or burning people seemed so important throughout the history of the island, as if the smoke monster couldn't take the form of those who were buried and gone. This leaves the question: did the monster appear as Alex during Dead is Dead before or after she was buried by Richard? Hard to say, but at this point it's probably not all that important.

This is very likely the last time we'll see the barracks, too. It's pretty far removed from the first time we saw it - an immaculately-groomed community where people watered their lawns. Now the swingsets are broken and the landscaping has gone all to hell. These images of desolation are shadowy echoes of what once was: people used to live and thrive here. Our island was once lushly populated with people, monsters, and mysteries. Now, in stark contrast, there are only a few souls left. The writers are slamming these images home for a reason: to let us know the end is near.

"That's where I was told I could summon the monster. That's before I realized it that was the one summoning me." Pretty cryptic, even for Ben. We'll probably never know who told Ben how to call the smoke monster, but it might've actually been the MIB himself. After Dead is Dead, Ben was smart enough to realize this little mud-toilet was put into place as a mechanism to keep tabs on him. Moving the Others to the barracks and behind the safety of the sonic fence defied the very rules of the island. The monster, constantly passing judgement, could count on Ben to call it in the case of intruders or interlopers. Maybe it even needed to be invited, in order to show up.

If You Need Miles, He'll be Running Through The Jungle. Again.

Okay, so it finally looks like Widmore's going to give us some answers. By breaking into Ben's house in broad daylight he allows their story to come full circle, mirroring Ben's midnight intrusion during The Shape of Things To Come. He brings Zoe with him presumably so she can get killed, because it's not like she's doing much of anything else. The real story here is why Charles came back to the island.

Ben seems genuinely surprised to see his old nemesis, thinking he'd banished him from the island for good. Widmore happily informs him that he was invited back by Jacob, and this may be why he was able to find the island again. They have a little pissing contest, mostly over who's the better chess player and who gets to blow up the Ajira plane first. Widmore sends Zoe out to pick up some more of the high-tech equipment that seems to have been working out so well for them lately, and that's when Flocke shows up.

Once again, I believe the dark man underestimates one of LOST's biggest characters. Here, after unceremoniously launching Richard into the jungle, he offers Ben the one thing he believes he wants more than anything else: dominion over the island. "When I'm gone you can have it all to yourself" - Locke's offer is pretty straightforward and very simple. So is Ben's answer: "Alright."

Here's where Ben betrays Widmore, and not out of his lust for power OR service to the man in black. His hatred for Charles stems back to the belief his enemy was directly responsible for the death of his daughter, Alex. Ben sells Widmore to Flocke out of pure spiteful revenge, wanting to both see and hear Widmore's screams as the monster tears him to pieces. And when it appears this might not happen? Ben takes matters directly into his own hands.

As for Zoe's death, well, I'm sure it was widely embraced. The problems with her character were similar to the problems stemming from Nikki and Paulo: she was introduced abruptly and in a very "know-it-all" type of way. She was combative and secretive, insistent and annoying. You don't get island-cred by acting like you're hot shit, or by trying to convince everyone that you're somehow important. You get it the same way Miles, Faraday, and Lapidus got it: by jumping onto the roller coaster and taking the ride along with us.

Widmore's storyline has been weak so far, and I was really expecting it to strengthen up. Instead, this once-great character is reduced to hiding like a coward in a closet. Less than one minute after being found, he's willing to sell out his whole operation on the off chance that the MIB will allow his daughter to live. The guy spends his whole life trying to get back to the island... just so he can whisper the darkest secrets of his master plan right into Flocke's ear?

And what about the end of the world? "If he gets off the island, everyone you know and love will cease to exist!" It's like all that stuff just flew right out the window the second Penny was mentioned. Ben shooting Widmore to prevent him from saving his daughter was a pretty cool scene, and I loved the line he delivers immediately afterward. But Charles Widmore? Unless there's an underlying storyline we don't know about, he went out like a total chump. His only apparent purpose - both times so far - was to get Desmond to the island.

Ever the scheming opportunist, Ben ensures his longevity by asking the monster "Did you say there were some other people to kill?" With Widmore gone and his plan revealed, Ben knows that the dark man has very little need for allies at this point. There are still some candidates Flocke can't touch directly, however, and I like to think that Ben somehow knows this. Maybe he's playing up to the monster to keep himself alive.

Ben's a character that's already seen some level of redemption. If Illana accomplished nothing else, bringing Ben back from the brink of the dark side seemed to be kind of important. I'm pretty sure he's playing the monster here, and that he'll betray it in the end. Ben's good at really playing people, and it would be great to watch him play the man in black into a very bad situation.

And no matter what, I hope that Richard is still alive! After all the trouble Hugo went through during Ab Aeterno to bring him back, I'd like to think he has some sort of ultimate purpose. It's "He who would save us all", not "He who gets his throat collapsed and flung into the jungle". Hopefully.

Oh But We Insist! Even if We Have to Kidnap You!

In the alternate timeline, Ben's place in Alex's life parallels a good many aspects of the on-island world. The one thing always missing on the island however, was a sense of family. Here, twisted and genius writing puts Ben at the very same dinner table with the woman who's child he once snatched away.

In stark contrast to her mentally-wrecked counterpart, LAX_Danielle is a well-adjusted mom who's happy to host her daughter's favorite teacher and father figure, Dr. Linus. The irony here is overwhelming. Ben is genuinely touched by the love felt for him in this household - the same household he once so violently broke apart. If and when his on-island memories come crashing home, I can see him feeling even more emotionally connected to both of these people.

You also have to remember this: Ben took Alex away to save both her and her mother's lives from Charles Widmore. After seeing his own beginnings on the island, we learned that Ben was never given the choice, or chance, for a normal life. Despite all the crazy things he's done, I find myself rooting for Ben to have a happy ending. If he ended up with both Danielle and Alex, it would fitting and cool.

There Should be a Jack / Locke Scene in Every Episode

Although the parallels are coming so fast we're getting a little numb to them by now, one thing that never gets old is watching Jack and Locke interact with each other. Here, once again in the LAX timeline, they're put together to speak about faith, hope and destiny.

It took a lot of violence and long hours in the makeup chair, but Locke is finally coming around. His mind is open to the possibility that he's being brought back to Jack, again and again, for a very specific reason. Jack tells Locke not to mistake coincidence for fate. These are Mr. Eko's words, and in my opinion, one of the best lines of the show.

I got chills when Locke said "I think I'm ready to get out of this chair." If and when this happens, it's going to bring his story full circle. Locke's paralysis was an integral part of the show's origins. If he were to finally get up and walk away on his own two feet, it would signify the end of a very long and awesome journey for both him, and for us.

C'mon Let's Face It - Your Lives All Sucked To Begin With

I've never waited six years for the answer to a question, much less one from a TV show. Yet here's the dream-scene we've all been waiting for: Jacob sitting calmly down with our characters, pushing all of the bullshit aside, and giving us solid answers to the most fundamental questions in all of LOST.

Everyone was brought to the island for a reason, and that reason was to help Jacob undo a two-thousand year old mistake. No one questions him. No one disbelieves him. There's still anger and resentment however, especially in light of all the surrounding death and destruction our heroes have been forced to endure. Sawyer even demands to know why they should help Jacob in the first place, and this is an excellent question. As we've been taught, a huge part of LOST's overall lore involves people cleaning up their own mess. Why should Jacob be any different?

We also get the answer to another long-standing mystery: why each of these characters all come from the same miserable background. Turns out Jacob plucked them from their shitty circumstances and placed them here not only because the island needed them, but because they needed the island. Hey, what can you say? The guy's all heart. He even crossed off Kate's name when she became a mother, telling her: "It's just a line of chalk in a cave, Kate. The job's yours if you want it."

This line seemed tremendously important to me. Beyond all of these apparent rules and regulations, it turns out the only thing that really matters is choice, or free will. Jacob never had it. Ben never had it either. And although it looks like all of our characters were brought here without really choosing this path, Jacob won't select any single one of them to take his place. The person who takes the job has to want to do it of their own accord. And if no one does? Well, it's still kinda obscure, but apparently everyone is screwed.

This will go down as a legendary scene, culminating in Jack volunteering with "I'll do it". On every level, Jack's made peace with the fact that this is his destiny. All his life he's done nothing but make sacrifices to help people. He's given up on a lot of things: happiness, his marriage, even a life of his own, all to help everyone else get fixed. Here, he's got the opportunity to save not only his remaining friends, but to possibly spare the entire world from destruction. For a self-sacrificing maniac like Jack? It's the mother of all possible job offers.

Before the last of his ash is consumed in the fire Jacob, symbolically passes the torch to Jack - just as his mother did to him. He also tells Jack where the heart of the island is. Turns out it's on the other side of the bamboo field, right near where Jack fell from the sky. This is a big clue for many reasons. For starters, it seems to indicate that Jack was the chosen one all along. He was the one who fell closest to the heart of the island, and the one most suited to be its next guardian.

More importantly, don't forget we saw someone else in that bamboo field: Christian Shephard. In the mobisode that takes place before Jack even opens his eye in the pilot, Christian tells Vincent: "Go wake up my son. He has work to do." As far as I'm concerned, this solidifies the idea that every iteration of Christian Shephard was NOT the man in black. In this case, it's a pretty good guess we were looking at Jacob here.

In what could possibly be Jack's last moments as a mortal man, Jacob washes his hands of the island. He asks for a cup, fills it, and chants the same ceremonial bullshit his mother did. What words does he use? Nonsense words, of course. Jacob could be reciting a complete list of the stuff he plans to do once he gets off this rock - it makes no difference, really. The only thing that matters is that Jack believes in this ceremony. It's faith and belief that will allow him to guard the island. These are also the same things Jack will need to do battle with the man in black, and ultimately defeat him.

It Sure Ain't the Bon Jovi Concert

Of all the incredible scenes this week, my favorite one was the prison break. Desmond's knowing smile while turning himself in at the police station could've easily been taken for mild insanity. By the time Ana Lucia opened the doors and set everyone free however, I had a big shit-eating grin of my own. Desmond didn't just 'know' anymore... he knew.

The Hugo and Desmond we see here are fully-aware, fully-informed, full-fledged versions of their island counterparts. The casual way they address each other and Hurley's immediate recognition of Ana Lucia paints a vivid portrait of just how much these characters are in the know. Desmond's assertion of "She's not ready yet" also gives us hope that eventually, all of our heroes will make the same transformation as them.

As many of us have speculated for weeks now, these people now exist in the LAX timeline with full knowledge of their island lives. They've become aware of both universes. This is awesome news, because if the majority of LOST's ending takes place in the LAX timeline, at least we'll get back all of the characters we've known and loved for so long. The show can end with the original characters being thrust into a different setting, without really losing anything. It can also allow additional closure and endings for even those characters who've died. In short, this IS the other side.

I also loved the music in this scene. It was playful, cool, and it gave an accelerated sense of a rapidly progressing storyline. Somewhere along the line, Desmond came up with a plan. And judging from the fact that everyone's all headed to what's probably Widmore and Hawking's concert, I'll bet Daniel Faraday is involved in that plan too.

You Can Have The Island. . . Right After I Destroy It

Alongside the mystery of who let Desmond out of the well (my vote is for Sayid or Miles), we have to ask ourselves this: isn't telling Ben he plans to destroy the island in direct conflict with Flocke's promise to leave it for him?

If you're not sure exactly how Desmond acts as a failsafe for the island, neither am I. Maybe it has something to do with the cases of electromagnetic crap Zoe and Widmore brought with them in their canoe. Maybe he's supercharged with some of the island's inner glow. Whatever it is, we have to remember that the writers went out of their way to show us how immune Desmond was to gigantic magnetic fields. Not sure I want to see the island go out in a blast of energy, or even see the island go out at all.

Whew. We're almost done. It's crazy to think that in less than a week, I'll know exactly how LOST ends.

I want to wish everyone a happy series finale! See you on that other side...

Vozz

!!!

digitaldragon03
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
HE DOESN'T GET TO SAVE HIS DAUGHTERFuck yes. I love it when Ben is a cold-blooded motherfucker.

chairmenmeow47
05-19-2010, 01:06 PM
awesome recap. i really need to re-watch. i am going to cry sunday!

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Kimmel will be awesome that night.

Blinken
05-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Possible spoiler . . . On Jorge Garcia's podcast he talked about a scene with Locke and Claire that was cut out of the episode for time.

Locke asked Claire to kill people for him just like Ben, but she turns him down. This at the beginning of the episode, we will see it in the DVD most likely.

captncrzy
05-19-2010, 02:30 PM
awesome recap. i really need to re-watch. i am going to cry sunday!

I'm actually bringing kleenex over for this purpose

thestripe
05-19-2010, 02:48 PM
This is worth taking the time to read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/arts/television/16weblost.html?pagewanted=1

thestripe
05-19-2010, 03:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iggE4ImYwyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iggE4ImYwyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
omg I love that they threw the beat over that song.

J~$$$$
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I wanna faraday back to sept 22 mr clucks deluxe.

fucking love it.

thestripe
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
WE HAVE TO GO BACK

I knew you would, J. Hahahaha.

Sexecutioner
05-19-2010, 04:11 PM
holy shit that just made my day.

digitaldragon03
05-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Im throwing my television in the trash on Monday morning. I will have no need for it.

iGz89
05-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Better than "Across the Sea"

_8JBYlNTf-Q

sbessiso
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
so theres some LOST Q & A event with the creators happening live thats going to be broadcast in movie theaters for one night only on Thursday. Im guessing everyone already knows about it, but ill be there

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
They filmed it in LA last week and I was so depressed I wasn't able to score a ticket.

Gary that Lost finale non-preview was fantastic. It made me tear up. I'm listening to the song now on youtube (John Murphy - Sunshine (Adagio In D Minor) - Bombastic Version). Some of these people are so talented and creative. That Lost rap ruled too. Gonna go read the recap now.

sbessiso
05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
ah i thought it was a live event. still sounds neat. im on season 3 now btw....im beginning to get very frustrated again but im working through it. MAN i wanna smack that juliet in the face

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 10:32 PM
CUSE On the other hand, we had all these fantastic intentions for this character Mr. Eko, played by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. But the guy got down to Hawaii, his whole crew that he rolled with was in London, he was 8,000 miles away, and he hated being there. So we were forced to completely cut bait on Mr. Eko. It’s not like J. K. Rowling; we don’t control every aspect of our world. We work and collaborate with many other artists, and he didn’t want to be on the show. Now, by pruning that branch, that ended up giving us room and space to do more with Michael Emerson’s character, and so suddenly Ben sort of blossomed forth, perhaps sooner and maybe to a greater degree than he would have had we been servicing Mr. Eko.

THANK YOU, ADEWALE!!!!!

stinkbutt
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Mr. Eko was and always will be the greatest character on Lost

iGz89
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Mr. Eko will and always will be the greatest character on Lost

AGREED with Desmond right behind him. Desmond-centric episodes have never disappointed me. Gawd! The whole Penny being his constant episode *TEARS*

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah I've never liked Eko as much as everyone else.

tessalasset
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Also since none of my damn Facebook friends are taking me up on this, I'll offer it here. This is my last stop before Craigslist.

If anyone wants to come with me on Friday to Jimmy Kimmel, I have an extra studio audience ticket. Damon and Carlton are the guests. Massive Attack is also the musical performer but I'm not sure if we get to see that part or not.

Only thing is we'd have to be there around 5/5:30. If this is possible, let me know. I'd rather go with a semi-stranger than a real stranger.

bballarl
05-19-2010, 11:27 PM
What did widmore whisper to locke?

"Wait'll you see my dick."

thestripe
05-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Hahahahahah. That song. Wow.

so theres some LOST Q & A event with the creators happening live thats going to be broadcast in movie theaters for one night only on Thursday. Im guessing everyone already knows about it, but ill be there

This. I want to go to this but I have some issues with it. It's $12.50 for a one hour interview that I will probably be able to watch/read on the interwebs the next day. Which is fine I guess. BUT here's the real issue...the friend that wants to go with me pulled a Salad and just started watching the show a bit ago, so he's more or less in the dark. Kind of killing the mood for me. What should I DO?

Maybe I'll just get a flight out of Sac and go to Kimmel with Tessa.

sonofhal
05-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Finale is going to be on at the same time here as the US - so 5am UK time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/may/20/lost-finale-5am-uk-simulcast

iGz89
05-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Finale is going to be on at the same time here as the US - so 5am UK time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/may/20/lost-finale-5am-uk-simulcast

LOST SLUMBER PARTY (minus the slumber)!!!

J~$$$$
05-20-2010, 08:01 AM
"Wait'll you see my dick."

hahahahahahaha

If I lived in LA I would go with you Tessa.

invisiblerobots
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Nice, but too bad about that typo.
http://i.imgur.com/weWC7.jpg

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2010, 09:35 AM
all the lost avatars are making me happy. especially stinkbutts. i too miss mr. eko, but i'm kinda glad he had such a short appearance so that they never had a chance to make him have a lame love octagon with kate.

faxman75
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
So, I was thinking we are going to see Juliet at that concert aren't we? I'm guessing that chick who was Jack's wife in season 1 isn't his ex wife in present.

stinkbutt
05-20-2010, 09:39 AM
i too miss mr. eko, but i'm kinda glad he had such a short appearance so that they never had a chance to make him have a lame love octagon with kate.

Good point, and the quote that Tessa posted, about him leaving gave Ben a bigger role definitely is a bit comforting. I guess the character did run his course, but he was still a fucking badass.

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2010, 09:44 AM
So, I was thinking we are going to see Juliet at that concert aren't we? I'm guessing that chick who was Jack's wife in season 1 isn't his ex wife in present.

i kinda doubt juliet will be jack's wife. i doubt she'd be so happy for setting off the bomb to end up in a timeline with yet another failed relationship with jack lol. not sure if that's what you were trying to say or not.

i kinda don't care who jack's wife is. i really hope that there isn't a lot of emotional bringing everyone together to hug on the beach scenes on sunday.

captncrzy
05-20-2010, 09:57 AM
The thing is, we already know, from multiple sources, that:

Juliet is in the finale.

bballarl
05-20-2010, 10:03 AM
I was thinking after the last episode that it would be really funny if the Lost finale just connected that world to "V".

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2010, 10:04 AM
i would take to the fucking streets in anger. fuck the immigration bill, THAT is what would hurt.

and captn, i hate when you talk to me in youtubes when i'm at work :p

captncrzy
05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
i would take to the fucking streets in anger. fuck the immigration bill, THAT is what would hurt.

and captn, i hate when you talk to me in youtubes when i'm at work :p

Whoops. sorry. Not a youtube. I put the font in white because it's a spoiler. Just highlight the area and you'll see what I wrote.

sbessiso
05-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Hahahahahah. That song. Wow.

This. I want to go to this but I have some issues with it. It's $12.50 for a one hour interview that I will probably be able to watch/read on the interwebs the next day. Which is fine I guess. BUT here's the real issue...the friend that wants to go with me pulled a Salad and just started watching the show a bit ago, so he's more or less in the dark. Kind of killing the mood for me. What should I DO?

Maybe I'll just get a flight out of Sac and go to Kimmel with Tessa.

but why is that a bad thing? the friend that wants me to go tonight is an extreme Lost dork, just like you guys but hes happy im into the show now. but damn is it really $12??

anyway, im going to be vacating the thread now until im done with the series. but before I leave, im joining the avatar club :D

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2010, 01:11 PM
gotcha.

i kinda like this (http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/05/20/127009457/here-s-why-i-m-not-approaching-the-lost-finale-with-a-list-of-demands):

Here's Why I'm Not Approaching The 'Lost' Finale With A List Of Demands
Categories: Television

10:51 am

May 20, 2010
by Linda Holmes

Mario Perez/ABC Hurley (Jorge Garcia), Jacob (Mark Pellegrino), Kate (Evangeline Lilly), Jack (Matthew Fox), and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) had a few things to discuss on last week's Lost.

Back when I wrote about the marvelously daunting task that had been taken on by the producers of Lost — who had spun such a complex story with so many mysteries that it was literally not possible that they could resolve all of them — one of the things I was dreading was the inevitable outbreak of lists of all the things that had never been resolved. It was clear from the beginning that those who specialize in being perpetually unsatisfied with absolutely everything would find the end of Lost to be their 32-ounce porterhouse steak; it would be a feast of "Well, that was a disappointment," and "Well, there's six years of my life I'll never get back," and "Well, that certainly made sense, NOT."

That's why it's been depressing to read things like the io9 list of 50 Questions Lost Really Does Have To Answer. Now, I like io9 a lot (they are not the perpetually unsatisfied, to be clear), and I know that they come from a purer geek place (in the good way) than I do. But on this list, you will find things like:

What was with those Egyptian symbols that appeared in the Hatch when the countdown went past 108 minutes? That didn't seem like the Dharma Initiative's style.

And:

It seems like everyone who was a passenger on Oceanic 815 has numerous connections that they don't even know about. Like Jack and Claire being half-siblings, and Sawyer's ex-girlfriend helping Kate confront her mom. What caused this excessive degree of synchronicity?

These are exactly the questions I don't care about and I don't need answers to. The Egyptian symbols? Whatever. Maybe there's a meaningful reason, but maybe there isn't.
Here's one of the things about mysteries: not everything is a clue. If you went to the headquarters of a company and you were trying to solve a murder, you would find a few things related to the murder, but you would also find lots of isolated, noteworthy things that aren't related to the murder. That's because the building exists outside the murder occurring. The building wasn't built just to house the murder.

To me, some of the trick of Lost has been that some things are important and some things aren't. Not everything they dropped in there is a key element to the ultimate solution of the mystery. And that doesn't bother me at all, because that's part of constructing a convincing universe. It would be utterly phony to portray a Dharma Initiative that managed to exist for years as a functioning business/community/conspiracy with a large population of participants, but left behind nothing that wasn't directly related to Oceanic 815 and its journey.

Does this approach allow the people who write the show a little bit of wiggle room, and allow them to get out of things that might originally have been envisioned as meaningful, but now just turn out to be blind alleys? Of course. But it also respects the fact that when you solve a real mystery, there are blind alleys. There are things that don't mean anything. Haven't you ever watched Law & Order?

And then there's the "synchronicity" question. How would that synchronicity possibly be explained in a way that would be satisfying? Isn't it clear by now that in the presence of whatever that power source on the island is, things kinda happen? Isn't that what makes it a power source? Isn't that what makes it relevant? Why would it be helpful, or enjoyable, or a better story, if you had a technical explanation of exactly how that power operates to pull people to each other?

There comes a point where you are asking for the midichlorians, is what I'm saying.

If you weren't ready for some things to be inconsistent with the world you know — if you weren't ready for the idea that synchronicity might just be — then I cannot understand how you stayed on board after they introduced a sentient monster made from smoke. Yes, they eventually explained "who" the smoke monster is, but does that qualify as an explanation? "He can turn himself into smoke that can grab things and kill people." So we're done now? That's an adequate explanation? Why isn't the next question, "Why can he transform himself into smoke?"

Does the way I'm approaching this show require the acceptance of unanswered questions? Of course. But so does every other story.

What would draw Rhett Butler to Scarlett O'Hara when she's so spoiled and insufferable?

How exactly did Jay Gatsby's psyche work?

How likely is it, really, that Ahab would have found Moby Dick?

Why was Cinderella's stepmother so mean?

Every story builds in elements that are unknowable. Every story constructs a world in which certain truths exist without explanation. Not to get too sweeping-orchestral-theme-music about it, but truly, this is the frailty of the human condition, isn't it? Do you consistently understand why your boss or your spouse or your ex or your parents behave as they do? Of course not; you can gain understanding, but at some point, your universe contains mysteries.

And that's the sense in which Lost works allegorically, for me. I'm interested in bafflement and struggle and confusion about what's the right thing to do. I'm interested in sacrifice and loss. I'm interested in devotion and loyalty and pondering other ways things might have worked out. All those elements of the storytelling work fine as a sort of grander mythology, because obstacles exist, whether or not I understand why or how those obstacles got there. As long as those obstacles are demonstrated to be there, and as long as they stand between a character I care about and an comprehensible goal, I really don't have to have the details.

To use another analogy, I get Sisyphus — I understand the point of that story — without knowing exactly how high the mountain was or exactly how heavy the rock was, and without a better explanation for his plight than "the gods made him do it." If I can posit that all-powerful gods exist as the backdrop of a story, I can posit a pool of light.

That's why the most important thing to me, by far, is the human beings who are involved in this story. My heavens, if they could have spent the last season wrapping up explanations for things like the Egyptian symbols or demonstrating how all this is affecting the people in the story, I am enormously glad they are spending so much of it on character.

I don't know exactly why drinking a cup of water would make Jack be like Jacob, but I have been watching Jack for six seasons, and his resignation to that fate — and his awe at his own transformation — was adequately affecting anyway, because it's Jack, and I get Jack.

Similarly: how, exactly, the bomb did or did not bring about changes in the timeline was far less important to me than the changes in Sawyer after Juliet died. Or "died," or half-died, or partially died, or died in one version of events, I do not care, because to Sawyer, she died, and it was a character story.

I certainly hope that people who have enjoyed this show for six seasons aren't going to retroactively decide that all their time was wasted because the finale didn't satisfy them by answering an adequate number of questions. It was interesting that Damon Lindelof happened upon the same metaphor in an interview yesterday that I once used to describe showrunners myself: they are driving the bus, and you've got to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least give them a shot at showing you where they've been going all this time.

And that's how I'm heading into Sunday's finale. I'm leaning back in my seat, I'm relaxing, and I'm assuming that I'm in good hands, because I have been so far.

atom heart
05-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Emerson clocked by Cusick (http://geronimojacksbeard.blogspot.com/2010/05/shiner.html)

btw, Cusick, Garcia and his girlfriend, a once-dead-Ajira extra, do longish podcasts about the scripts as they read them on this blog.

J~$$$$
05-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Do you think Jaccob wasnt dead and was just skipping through time? Kind of like when Locke made Richard give himself the pocket watch. Like Jaccob knew how much time he had "108 minutes" before he jumped in time again, Just enough to give Jack his god scout badge?

kitt kat
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
I thought this episode kinda blew. I mean...I am interested to see how everything wraps up on Sunday.

But still, Desmond = ultimate B.A.

J~$$$$
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
B.A. tastic.

kitt kat
05-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Damn, I'm gonna miss those Ack Attack recaps too: http://www.theackattack.net/?p=1885

OK HILARIOUS

hawkingvsreeve
05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Ivy, I am not going to write up a huge thing on why I think that article is absolutely ridiculous, except to say that the things that the writer is championing is the same reason that I stopped watching the show. The writing became extremely sloppy. My parents would try to convince me to start watching again and almost try to explain what was going on, and it just sounded absolutely retarded. I like lots of characters and I like big story arcs and the mysteries were fun, but once it was all compounded on itself and there was really no hope for any explanations in sight, I refused to give it any more time. Now that I am finding out what some of that shit was, 3 to 4 years later mind you, I am glad I stopped watching. I hope you guys enjoy the finale. I have a feeling a lot of fans are going to be pissed.

J~$$$$
05-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I bet its one of the greatest endings to a show ever.

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2010, 03:26 PM
i think you're talking about the article i posted? i'm sure it's confusing with all the new avatars :)

i see what you're saying brandon. i just think that if we got an explanation for why people have 4 toes, what every single hyroglyphic meant and why everyone's lives were so intertwined, we would just complain that the answers weren't good enough like a lot of people are doing with some of the answers we get now, such as the source.

i like the writer's take that we don't need every single question answered because it makes things less realistic. even though i know this most certainly isn't a realistic show, i kinda like the video game approach of all of us getting thrown in the mix and only understanding what we see while getting explanations later. this show for me has always been the ultimate cliffhanger show. there's always another question to answer and i love it.

while i do agree that some of the explanations have been strange or simply poor writing, i just hope that for that reason they don't try to explain EVERYTHING. i really don't care about the psychic and claire. i didn't care about who adam and eve were. and i've already forgotten about the statue. i cared when sun & jin died, when jack finally started having faith and when ben acted out to avenge alex.

you are right that a lot of people are going to be pissed. but since i've started watching, i don't think i've ever thought there was a way for them to answer all our questions AND make everyone happy.

hawkingvsreeve
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah. I was. I dont know how I got you guys confused. Arizona? I dunno.

J~$$$$
05-20-2010, 03:34 PM
I really hope that one day they combine all the ideas and storyboards into a book or in depth commentary on the dvd/bluray of all seasons. They pay to close to attention on the smallest details. I want to know what the writers were thinking on every scene even if it ruins it for me.

hawkingvsreeve
05-20-2010, 03:35 PM
And I see what you are saying also, but they spent significant amounts of time on some of those things you mentioned. I like a more refined kind of show. All of that other shit just feels like unnecessary fluff now. X Files used to do this too, and we all saw how that ended up.

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
i agree with that. it is irritating how they spent season 1 showing us walt's powers only to not do anything with them.

psychic friend
05-20-2010, 03:43 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/fb-ati-hl.jpg?w=500&h=324

Sexecutioner
05-20-2010, 03:49 PM
i think a lot of people stopped watching in seasons 2-3 which is understandable. it was like all character development and beating around the bush with no answers to anything, just more questions, which was pretty annoying to a lot of viewers (including me). in that nytimes interview (which was a really great read btw), the writers themselves practically admitted that those seasons sucked:

Q. The question I get most from readers and friends, beyond what it all means, is: How much did the writers and the creators know going in about how things were going to end?

LINDELOF: In answering that question you have to bifurcate the creative construct of the mythology of the show and the series as a whole into two periods. The first period is where we didnít know how long the show was going to go for. So thereís a certain degree of wheel spinning that Carlton and I have talked about ad nauseam in the Season 2, Season 3 period, where you could only do middle. We did have extensive conversations about certain mythological elements of the island: why these people couldnít be discovered; that we would do time-travel-related storytelling; and, most importantly, the Others on the island and their relationship with this character named Jacob and who he might be and what his relationship was with the island. Who would end up with who, who would live, who would die, who would make sacrifices. But none of those things could be implemented or talked about in any real way until we negotiated an end date.

Sexecutioner
05-20-2010, 03:54 PM
i agree with that. it is irritating how they spent season 1 showing us walt's powers only to not do anything with them.

there are a bunch of these types of stories that they abandoned which is annoying to me as well. but like they said in that same interview, some actor related things are out of their control and they need to roll with the punches and improvise sometimes.

fikus222
05-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I think the strike screwed us the most.

thestripe
05-20-2010, 04:12 PM
We have to remember that this is an ABC show. Ratings and broad entertainment are top priority. That and negotiating a definitive date for an ending must have had an impact on direction.

atom heart
05-20-2010, 04:37 PM
The X Files is different in that they could actually do stand alone stories and so shoe-horned in some alien plot crap that they couldn't really keep track of.

Lost can't do stand alone stories but still had to bide its time, so you get wheel-spinning arcs that don't really go anywhere, as well as things they established and then couldn't follow up on. And yeah, that sucks.

But I gave the show an ultimatum: kill everyone I care about and see if I tune in next week. So far that hasn't happened and lo, here I am still.

Keep in mind that the television I watch is all about characters I enjoy and almost never about the script. I can watch some ridiculous plot about old people inhabited by aliens that kill by turning you to dust if I care about the characters enough.

Sexecutioner
05-20-2010, 05:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/weWC7.jpg

god i wish i had the skillz/time to make one of these for my lost party. i wish they posted a template online so people could easily edit it with their own details. anybody here want to make one in the next 18 hours? :)

rage patton
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
So, confession time. I have never watched an episode of Lost. Till about 45 minutes ago. I found a site online the streams all the episodes for free. I just watched episode 1 and I now I want to watch all the episodes.

However, the site I found (watchloststreaming.com) is extremely shitty quality. Whenever the camera moves fast, all I see pixels. Anyone know of any sites that stream it for free... that is not shittying quality?

FuturaBold
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
^yup,all of the episodes are streaming on hulu right now

rage patton
05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
No dice. I live in Canada.

fikus222
05-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Insert Northern Neighbor joke here ;)

Netflix is streaming seasons 1-5 on demand, does that help?

rage patton
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't have a Netflix acount...

I guess I am kind of shit outta luck, eh?

Blinken
05-20-2010, 07:59 PM
So, confession time. I have never watched an episode of Lost. Till about 45 minutes ago. I found a site online the streams all the episodes for free. I just watched episode 1 and I now I want to watch all the episodes.

However, the site I found (watchloststreaming.com) is extremely shitty quality. Whenever the camera moves fast, all I see pixels. Anyone know of any sites that stream it for free... that is not shittying quality?

quicksilverscreen.com go to the fourms they have varying quality links ranging from HD to smaller flash that is still good quality. They also have pretty much every show there as well.

Why did you guys wait so long to start, the journey was half the fun.

rage patton
05-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I dont watch TV. At all. I was bored so I decided I would watch an episode because EVERYONE is talking about the finale. I liked the first episode, now I wanna watch the series.

And thanks for the tip. Gonna try that now.

EDIT: You rule, Eric.

digitaldragon03
05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Did you try ABC.com? They have all the episodes in HD.

rage patton
05-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Fucking megavideo. Apparently you can only watch 72 minutes of video every day. Ugh.

I will try abc.com right now. Thanks.

EDIT: There in maintainence on the abc website right now. Maybe I just not meant to watch this show.

Blinken
05-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah that does suck about megavideo. I guess all other the links are broken, I will look around for some good ones.

rage patton
05-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Found episode two on milledrive.com, and have a working link for episode 3. I guess I will just work on it, episode by episode.

Blinken
05-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I doubt abc.com will work for you, they have the same restrictions that Hulu does. maybe the website for CTV(I think that is the Canadian channel that shows LOST) will have it

rage patton
05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I doubt abc.com will work for you, they have the same restrictions that Hulu does. maybe the website for CTV(I think that is the Canadian channel that shows LOST) will have it

CTV is only showing season 6 right now. FML.

tessalasset
05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Yay Josh. Come in here and talk about it as you watch the show. It'll keep us interested. I think you're gonna love it.

I just got back from Jimmy Kimmel. Josh Holloway was on, as well as some BBQ cook, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Slayer. Josh was super cute, just so enthusiastic about the show. You can tell he had so much fun being on it and isn't jaded one ounce. He talked about how his wife always tries to read his scripts before he can. She's crazy into the show. They also showed us a short clip from the finale with... SPOILER ALERT... Sawyer and Jack talking in the jungle!!!! OMG OMG OMG. I didn't really watch it, partly because I didn't want to watch it, but mainly because I was watching Josh watch it. There's also a really funny pre-taped segment between Jimmy and Jacob/Mark Pellegrino. I was laughing out loud watching it. It might not be as funny on tv as it was in the studio. But still, good. Slayer was ridiculous. Instant hardcore moshpit, tons of fans out on the street who couldn't get tix, trying to break down the fences and screaming and pretty much interrupting the show. It was awesome. So excited for Damon and Carlton tomorrow!!!

HunterGather
05-20-2010, 09:59 PM
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Matthew-Fox--matthew-fox-83008_1024_768.jpg

rage patton
05-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Yay Josh. Come in here and talk about it as you watch the show. It'll keep us interested. I think you're gonna love it.

So full disclosure, I know NOTHING of what happens in this series. While I was searching for episodes, I saw in season 6 they are off the island, than back on the island and now I am thoroughly confused. I don't think it has spoiled anything for me though, in fact it has made me even more interested in the show.

I loved the first three episodes. I am definitely going to have to keep tracking them down. Question: Is there a reason the character John Locke is named after the philosopher? Or is that a spoiler? Either way, I found that interesting.

I think I am starting to get why you all love this show so much.

ivankay
05-20-2010, 10:21 PM
I loved the first three episodes. I am definitely going to have to keep tracking them down. Question: Is there a reason the character John Locke is named after the philosopher? Or is that a spoiler? Either way, I found that interesting.

Ah, young love.

iGz89
05-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I wonder if they'll do an Animatrix type thing and release a special dvd to explain unexplained mysteries and history of the island. That would be a cool way to satisfy fans that NEED answers.

tessalasset
05-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Seriously, this is going to be so much fun getting your feedback as you watch it. I don't think we should answer any questions for you, and try not to read anything about it if you can. The surprises are what makes it work. Keep thinking out loud, tho. It's fun to read. I'm definitely going to watch the series all the way through after Sunday night. Also for the love of god, stay out of here after Sunday, cause we will thoroughly spoil the entire series for you.

Donaldj
05-20-2010, 10:34 PM
So full disclosure, I know NOTHING of what happens in this series. While I was searching for episodes, I saw in season 6 they are off the island, than back on the island and now I am thoroughly confused. I don't think it has spoiled anything for me though, in fact it has made me even more interested in the show.

I spent the three weeks after Coachella watching the entire show from the first episode to the most current. Season one took me a bit to get into but then I flew through the next five to catch up.

rage patton
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, I am going to try to watch a couple more episodes tomorrow, then I am busy all day Saturday and Sunday... So maybe I will wait a few days until all the smoke blows over, and when I do come in here, I will make sure not to read anything.

tessalasset
05-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Exactly. just post questions/thoughts but dont read until you're done. That's what I did with true blood.

mickflyy
05-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Does anyone else think that Jimmy Fallon's "Late" is funny?

i812many
05-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Be careful what links you click on, I just found a site that said the last four pages on the script leaked. I've never hit the back button so fast.

thestripe
05-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Question: Is there a reason the character John Locke is named after the philosopher? Or is that a spoiler? Either way, I found that interesting.

You're one of us now.

Cancersticks1
05-21-2010, 07:07 AM
"until all the smoke blows over"

eeeeeeeeee!!

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
good luck, josh!

i wish i would have sent you the dvds for the secret santa now :p

i'm trying to think of easy lost decorations to make that i can print out while i'm at work today. i'm probably going to make a big sign that says 108 minutes and bring my red staples easy button home. any other suggestions? besides all the dharma label stuff of course.

captncrzy
05-21-2010, 08:17 AM
I am going to print a dharma ranch dressing label today.

Sexecutioner
05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
i'm probably going to make a big sign that says 108 minutes and bring my red staples easy button home.

this is a great idea! i have an easy button at work too, and am totally going to steal your idea. thanks!

edit: i just thought of another one too. if you have a laptop, and can somehow make it so it so the screen looks like the terminal in the hatch, like my avatar, just sitting there in the party, waiting for the numbers to be input. not sure how to actually implement this, but i'll work on it today.

J~$$$$
05-21-2010, 08:42 AM
http://www.e-axis.com/lost/index.htm

There are tons of them out there.

Sexecutioner
05-21-2010, 08:51 AM
nice! i just found another site with some simulators as well: http://108things.co.uk/92

Havent tried any of them yet though.

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 09:18 AM
awesome idea, thanks for the link :)

this might be a great excuse to just buckle down & buy front loading washing machines :p damnit, i wish i had a record player. i know my parent's have some mama's and the papa's records too!!!

J~$$$$
05-21-2010, 09:24 AM
omg omg omg!!!

Geeks Who Drink in association with Oceanic Airlines and The Hanso Foundation are proud to present The Lost Weekend: an all-Lost pub quiz on the eve of the series finale.

Grab up to six people and come away for an exciting adventure to a remote destination: traipse through eight rounds of quizzical jungle with nothing but your wits, a torch, and a rifle if you’re lucky* All the while avoiding polar bears, murderous smoke monsters, random time jumps and annoying women named Kate. Prizes include cash, free drinks and the chance to "get off this goddamn island!"

This quiz will be the ultimate in mind-bending Lost geekery so if you think you have the initiative and you know the numbers, come get Lost with Geeks Who Drink on Saturday, May 22nd and 23rd.

*Geeks Who Drink strongly advises against bringing firearms and opens flames to the quiz.

• $5 per player with a Winner-Take-All Cash Purse*
• Maximum team size is six players.
• Unless otherwise indicated, seating is first come, first serve so arrive early.
• Of course you should dress up like your favorite character!

Here's the Facebook Event page, useful for corralling a team together, inviting friends, wasting time.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=112893908731718&index=1

Please follow us on Twitter as we'll be tweeting cryptic hints in the next couple of weeks leading up to the quiz.

LOCATIONS for SATURDAY, MAY 22nd:

ALBUQUERQUE: O'Niell's Pub: 4310 Central Ave. SE, 2pm.
COLORADO SPRINGS:: Jack Quinn's Ale House & Pub: 21 S. Tejon Street. 2pm. (CALL FOR RESERVATIONS 719-385-0766 )
***UPDATED***DENVER: The Irish Rover Pub: 54 S. Broadway, 1pm & 4pm
(Tickets on sale at The Rover; 2nd show will be added if 1pm sells out)
HOUSTON: Little Woodrow's (Midtown): 2306 Brazos, 2pm.
SAN ANTONIO: Lion and Rose (Forum): 8211 Agora Pkwy #112, Live Oak, 2pm
SEATTLE: Buckley's in Belltown: 2331 2nd Avenue, 6pm.

LOCATIONS for SUNDAY, MAY 23rd:

AUSTIN: Waterloo Icehouse Southpark Meadows: 9600 S IH-35, 3pm.

PRIZE MONEY for first place is based on total number of teams participating. Generally speaking, expect it to be $200 on the low end and $400 on the high.

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 11:00 AM
that looks amazing, but i bet those "candidates" would put us to shame lol.

my girlfriend sent me this:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/851969-2/candidate+search.JPG

and i just spent about 45 minutes looking for & printing lost related images. giggity.

fikus222
05-21-2010, 11:28 AM
That reminds me of the real contest that Australia held recently to find someone to babysit one of their islands in the Great Barrier Reef. It's a pretty sweet position, here's the guy who won's blog:

http://www.islandreefjob.com/

Also, you guys inspired me to get a better LOST avatar, I think I'm going to keep it...Charlie and Claire reunited Sunday?

Edit:

Hey, i812many your avatar is Sun's boobs, isn't it?

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 11:44 AM
cool avatar, fickus. i did not even notice sun's boobs. giggity. also a nice avatar.

i wonder if there's a lost drinking game. such as drinking every time someone asks someone else to "trust me" or suggests going back to the beach.

lastly, we should start placing bets on which timeline will become the "real timeline" :)

captncrzy
05-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Shot every time Sawyer says "Son of a Bitch".

J~$$$$
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
p_YHV5fdUiQ&feature

Blinken
05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I am sticking to my theory that the flash sideways have really been flash forwards.

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 12:25 PM
way to take a stance, blink *high five*

J~$$$$
05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Im going to have to stay away from the internet all weekend. Spoiler free zone.

thestripe
05-21-2010, 12:29 PM
mmmmm Sun's boobs.

invisiblerobots
05-21-2010, 01:03 PM
SEATTLE: Buckley's in Belltown: 2331 2nd Avenue, 6pm.

Hmm, this a few blocks from me, I think I'll go. I'll be wearing my Polar Beer shirt currently featured in my avatar.

Dogvolta
05-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I am sticking to my theory that the flash sideways have really been flash forwards.

I completely agree

rage patton
05-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Did anyone else find it funny that Locke's annoying asshole boss was named Randy?

tessalasset
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
That happened before we knew who Randy was.

tessalasset
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM

Explain this please..

captncrzy
05-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I admit, I just got a little teary (a post from Jorge Garcia)

At 5 a.m. on April 24, I became unemployed.

I just wrapped my six-season run on "Lost." The job that went above and beyond anything I could have imagined was over.

When I auditioned for "Lost," I was just another out-of-work actor struggling to land a pilot. When I first went in to meet the producers, there wasn't any material for me, except a few sides they had for the character Sawyer.

I felt great about the audition; so great, in fact, that getting the part wasn't important because I knew I couldn't have done any better. Then I got the call that I was going to test, and that they were going to write scenes specifically for me. I remember noticing I was the only Hurley in the room waiting to test. I called my agent from the parking lot afterward and said, "I don't know what it meant but it felt like a good thing."

When I got hired I hadn't even seen the pilot script. All I knew was that it was a J.J. Abrams show and that it would shoot in Hawaii. I figured, if anything, I had just scored an extended Hawaiian vacation.

Moving to Hawaii was a dream come true. When I worked the magazine stand at Borders in Westwood, I remember seeing a picture of Kelsey Grammer in his Hawaiian home on the cover of Architectural Digest and thinking that having a home in Hawaii was a good benchmark for success. Not two months in my new apartment in L.A., I was trying to figure out what to pack for a show that I had no idea how long would last. Now six years later, I walk around my house trying to figure out what to pack from all of the stuff I have amassed in Hawaii over the show's run.

During the pilot and the first summer of shooting we bonded quickly as a cast. After all, not unlike the show's premise, we literally found ourselves on an island with one another. We'd go to each other's houses on the weekends and nights when we weren't shooting. When the shows started airing, we would usually gather at the house of whomever the show was going to feature that week to watch and congratulate each other.

We had no information about what was going on beyond what we read in the script each week. We knew we were making TV that was not like anything seen before and crossed our fingers hoping we would find an audience who liked what we were doing.

The series premiere brought in better numbers than we anticipated and I remember saying to the other actors the next day, "I hope you like it in Hawaii because we may be here for a while."

As the seasons progressed, moments of being recognized on the street grew exponentially. There was a time during season one when all I had to do was tie my hair back to become invisible. Obviously, that does nothing for me now; neither does wearing a hat and sunglasses. At times both Daniel Dae Kim and Terry O'Quinn remarked how they enjoyed disappearing when they were around me as I would be the only one getting recognized.

Hawaii has been a wonderful place to hide for six years. Sometimes I could almost convince myself that "Lost" was a just a little show I did with friends in the jungle. I always liked to think of us as the tinkers in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" until something would shake that fantasy and I'd be forced to recognize how huge the show was becoming, like getting nominated for a Golden Globe. J.J., always the consummate mensch, wanted my experience to be enjoyable and easy at the awards, so he gifted me my first custom-tailored tuxedo.

I think the time spent under the cast tent on set will be what I'll miss the most. We sang songs to Terry and Naveen's guitar playing, made valiant group efforts to complete a Friday edition of the New York Times crossword puzzle and played a lot of Scrabble.

My last day on "Lost" was also my longest: 20 hours. Without going into details, I can say the shoot was dangerous, physical and wet. But what could be more appropriate? How else could we end this epic show without an epic marathon night of shooting? At the end of it all we all remarked how we expected the end to be more emotional for us, but we were too tired to cry.

I'll admit I got a little teary with Matthew Fox. I thanked him for everything he taught me, including taking me on his trip to Japan to see Green Day that first summer of shooting. At the time, flying at the last minute to a foreign country was way out of my comfort zone, but then again nothing on "Lost" was ever in my comfort zone.

I stuck around after even after I wrapped to see the martini shot of the entire show. I could feel director Jack Bender's resistance to call "print" on that last take. In fact I'm pretty sure he asked for one more take to delay the inevitable.

I still don't think the end of it all has hit me yet. Maybe I'll feel it when the finale finally airs Sunday. Or maybe it will hit me when I board the plane at Honolulu Airport for the last time as a Hawaiian resident.

I have no clue what my next adventure is going to be, I just know this job is going to be a hard one to follow.

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
that makes me teary-eyed too. especially the thought of a billie joe & matthew fox sandwich :p

i can't imagine though how awesome it would be to get cast on a show like this. not just that the show itself is so cool, but rarely do you get to be on such a large ensemble cast where most of you get similar amounts of screen time. it must be a lot of fun to work with such a large cast & crew and be secluded on an island like that.

Blinken
05-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Basically if you think of time as linear then what I am supposing is that sideways 2004 is actually the real 2008. I can't fully explain how but it was probably caused by something happening to the light cave.

Remember the other times Desmond was hit with massive electromagnetic energy his consciousness traveled through time not alternate worlds. So I think there are only ways that Desmond can connect with the other mind. The first is that the real 2004 has been replaced by the alt 2004, that way his mind is just moving back in time. I don't think that works at all for a number of reasons, the biggest being that the others wouldn't be able to Remember the future. This is why the future works for me. We see lots of recognition in the sideways of the island but not the other way(except for Desmond). Even Hurley who seems to be fully enlightened in the sideways is not enlightened like Desmond on the Island. The reason is that Island Desmond has seen the future and Hurley just can't.

I can go more in depth later when I am home and not typing on my blackberry.

suprefan
05-21-2010, 03:42 PM
G-DShnvNNv0

Sexecutioner
05-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I just printed these out in 5x7 and going to put them in a couple of frames we have already around the house for sunday.

http://www.thx-trailer.com/replica/lost/lost_dharma_initiative_food_labels_all-in-one/Groupshot1a.jpg

http://www.thx-trailer.com/replica/lost/lost_dharma_initiative_food_labels_all-in-one/Groupshot2a.png

Sexecutioner
05-21-2010, 03:58 PM
i dont think that makes any sense blink. if thats the future, then where are they now, the past? the sideways is taking place shortly after flight 815 landed. how is that the future?

chairmenmeow47
05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
p_YHV5fdUiQ&feature

omg this cracked me up. the diversity of his delivery is splendid. i think i'm going to search for the red-shirt-guy-getting-shot-in-otherton video now!!!

and 4ransom. we're on the same page. i made that banner :x and printed the penny & desmond pic, among other things :x

SDsoldier7
05-21-2010, 09:09 PM
This thread is too much for me. GL this weekend everyone :(

tessalasset
05-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Tonight's Kimmel was pretty cool. Spoiler alert for all the following:

Jimmy has this piece where he unnecessarily blurs and bleeps stuff on tv. He did a special Lost edition tonight and it was HILARIOUS. You gotta watch it. He also had Pierre Chang do one final dharma video. Then he did a portion where audience members can ask Damon and Carlton questions. There were two pre-selected people, and then motherfucking ROSE AND BERNARD stood up in the audience and asks "we want to know what happens to US!" we all went crazy with surprise. They stayed in the audience for the rest of the show. So awesome. Then jimmy read their first ABC pitch for the show.back in 04. It was really funny. For being Damon and Carlton's last interview, it sure was pointless. They answered again why Walt wasn't on the show anymore. I.don't.remember any other questions. And they showed a short clip of Sawyer going to the well to find Desmond and stumbling onto Ben and MIB.

J~$$$$
05-21-2010, 09:29 PM
It was awesome. I loved the unecessary censorship lost edition.

rage patton
05-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Who the fuck hit Sayid!?!?!? Locke!? (Don't tell me)

sbessiso
05-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Who the fuck hit Sayid!?!?!? Locke!? (Don't tell me)

i wish we started at the same time! I began the series a week ago and im in the middle of season 3 now.

oops, i mean im not in this thread until im done :p

rage patton
05-21-2010, 09:34 PM
i wish we started at the same time! I began the series a week ago and im in the middle of season 3 now.

oops, i mean im not in this thread until im done :p

Where are you watching the episodes? Did you borrow/buy the DVDs? I have to deal with this megavideo bullshit. Ugh.

sbessiso
05-21-2010, 09:40 PM
yeah my friend is a major Lost nerd so he's been lending them to me. So hulu doesnt work in Canada? Ragey, i dunno how your budget is but netflix has them all streaming instantly I believe. maybe this is the time to get a netflix account, even if its just for a month. i swear by netflix (and its way affordable)

fikus222
05-21-2010, 09:56 PM
^ I concur, Netflix rules.

I didn't start watching LOST until around the end of season 2, but like most of us, from the very first episode I saw I was hooked. So much so, that I watched the whole first season in about 30 hrs. All this while in the middle of the Pacific Ocean aboard my Coast Guard Cutter. Luckily, my friend also had the first 5 episodes of Season 2 too, so I wasn't completely screwed by the season 1 finale cliffhanger ;)

captncrzy, thanks for posting Jorge's post, I enjoyed it a lot.

ivankay
05-21-2010, 09:59 PM
uAPKB6-DYOY

Dude.

iGz89
05-21-2010, 10:09 PM
You guys REALLY have to watch this! For anyone still disappointed about "Across the Sea" this has skits with Mark Pellegrino and Titus Welliver doing skits and talking about their characters (Jacob and MIB). HILARIOUS

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/totally-lost-across-the-sea-jacob-smokey/

tessalasset
05-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah I posted that a few pages ago. VERY funny videos, especially MIB crying. I kind of love that actor.

sbessiso
05-21-2010, 10:21 PM
yeah im totally pulling another LOST all nighter. season 3 must be finished

tessalasset
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Here's my question from tonight. It did not get chosen. One of the guys who got picked was so nervous he ended up totally messing up his question. I felt bad.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs543.ash1/31762_547823416136_81500275_32074549_1624933_n.jpg

tessalasset
05-21-2010, 11:33 PM
So good.

di3w1yV4Ehg

fikus222
05-22-2010, 02:04 AM
The sh!t was hilarious Tessa :D

corbo
05-22-2010, 02:15 AM
finally had time to catch up with the last four eps this morning. so disappointed in the last 2 episodes. still interested in how it will all end thought. also i'm really hating where the whole flash sideways thing is headed. i hope the finale surprises me.

sbessiso
05-22-2010, 02:49 AM
oh man, best opener ever...

hurley: dude, nikki's dead.
sawyer: who the hell is nikki?

LOST

BobCaygeon
05-22-2010, 06:03 AM
oh man, best opener ever...

hurley: dude, nikki's dead.
sawyer: who the hell is nikki?

LOST

Watching someone else's journey of discovery is actually a lot of fun. My daughter watched the whole thing in about a month, catching up with us half-way through this season. The most fun was watching the S3 finale with her, waiting for the "rattlesnake in the mailbox".

chairmenmeow47
05-22-2010, 08:05 AM
So good.

di3w1yV4Ehg

*bleep*ing hilarious.

red shirt guy getting shot in otherton video has been removed :( i have no idea how to search for this.

also, i posted this on tessa's FB, but i woke up this morning, turned on the r&b classics cable station and instead of the logo that shows me what channel it is, it was a dharma initiative logo. everyone loves lost apparently, even honey cone.

http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/386658.jpg

here it is again!

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/851974-2/mms_picture_3_.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/851978-2/mms_picture_4_.jpg

fikus222
05-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Shhhh, I f**ked your son's dog :rotfl

chairmenmeow47
05-22-2010, 08:21 AM
You guys REALLY have to watch this! For anyone still disappointed about "Across the Sea" this has skits with Mark Pellegrino and Titus Welliver doing skits and talking about their characters (Jacob and MIB). HILARIOUS

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/totally-lost-across-the-sea-jacob-smokey/

these are pretty funny. jacob is MUCH funnier when he's with dr. smoke.

Yoshan
05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
just pulled an allnighter last night to watch the last 5 episodes. finally we're getting some answers! ugh, Ben is the most despicable character ever. Desmond is such a badass though

thestripe
05-22-2010, 01:24 PM
OMG crying MiB just made my day.

tessalasset
05-22-2010, 01:49 PM
just pulled an allnighter last night to watch the last 5 episodes. finally we're getting some answers! ugh, Ben is the most despicable character ever. Desmond is such a badass though

I'm actually so glad Ben is back to his badass self. He's been such a throwaway character this past handful of episodes. I'm hoping he's conning MIB, but even if he's not, at least he's going out in flames.

Blinken
05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Has anyone heard of the Mobisodes they did in between season 3 and 4. I somehow missed all of them, they are short 2-3 minute scenes that fill in missing pieces. There is about a dozen or so of them. Some amazing things like Juliet making the deal with Michael to free Ben. They are all on youtube if anyone is interested.

thestripe
05-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Watching season 1. The backstorys are really front and center. Makes me remember why I was hooked so quickly.

Also, Locke: I looked into the EYE of the island, not heart

tessalasset
05-22-2010, 05:45 PM
If any of you still have Kimmel taped from last night, my friend said he saw me on it. When Jimmy asks if any of the audience have questions for Damon and Carlton, while the second guy asks his question, up in the top right hand corner you'll see my head peak out from behind some chick with long brown hair. I'm wearing green.

Blinken I saw a few of them when they put em up on the site, but I kept forgetting to check them regularly.

donkey sex
05-22-2010, 06:11 PM
wonder if there is anything going on tomorrow night. Sundays are so boring.

tessalasset
05-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Actually the more I watch these, I'm up to episode 9 and I've seen all of them already.

donkey sex
05-22-2010, 06:55 PM
going to do the ghey Dharma Initiative beer bottel print outs and stock the fridge. May also cry.

Somewhat Damaged
05-22-2010, 07:27 PM
From Entertainment Weekly's letters section:

In honor of Lost's final episode, we are hosting a party with an Island-themed menu. We're starting with Jin and tonics, followed by chicken Dhama-giana, Jack Shephard's pie, and Sayid dishes like Hurley fries and corn on the Ja-cob. For dessert, we'll enjoy cup-Kates, Sun-daes, and e-Claires and split a Charlotte Rousseau. Benjamint, anyone?

donkey sex
05-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Jin and tonics

Ha. I just take these. Por favor.

sbessiso
05-22-2010, 10:02 PM
finally done with season 3!

charlie :(:(:(

Blinken
05-22-2010, 11:24 PM
yeah, out of all the deaths I was the saddest for his. It was the only one that brought tears out of me.

tessalasset
05-23-2010, 02:16 AM
God that was sad.

sbessiso
05-23-2010, 03:07 AM
it was the only part of the show so far that I actually cried. i was with my friend and felt kinda shy so I hid it well but man that hit me right in the heart

chairmenmeow47
05-23-2010, 08:36 AM
i fucking hated charlied and i was sad too.

TONIGHT'S THE NIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!! AHHH, i can't wait! my house is covered in dharma stuff :)

best song to start a lost day...

UNmFYwqJrHA

chairmenmeow47
05-23-2010, 08:48 AM
i cannot stop watching lost related youtubes. obsession overload. LOST DNB BOH BOH BOH LIGHT 'EM UP!

XTIiXJRe7uc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Sexecutioner
05-23-2010, 09:00 AM
i fucking hated charlied and i was sad too.

TONIGHT'S THE NIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!! AHHH, i can't wait! my house is covered in dharma stuff :)

best song to start a lost day...

UNmFYwqJrHA

ha, thanks ivy, that WAS a great way to start my day! man, i got to start decorating, even though my lame friends probably wont even appreciate it all.

HowToDisappear
05-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Ivy, Ransom, please post pics of all your decorations. I want to see! I would do it too if it weren't just me, my husband and his brother here tonight.

thestripe
05-23-2010, 09:18 AM
TONIGHT.

Ivy, that second video was nowhere near the lost rap. I have to go back and watch it again. Doesn't get old.

BlackSwan
05-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Just watched the last episode before the finale last night... Whoa... But reading Blinken's theories about the "flash sideways" made me realize that at some point I stopped trying to follow the story, and just enjoyed the craziness of it all. Is there on anywhere on the internet that recaps all stuff that's important to know to really appreciate the ending? If any of you obsessed Lost fans know, it would be really helpful.

sonofhal
05-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Without having seen the finale, it's hard to say what will and will not be relevant to know.

hawkingvsreeve
05-23-2010, 11:27 AM
And also because they consistently just drop storylines left and right as useless clutter.

sonofhal
05-23-2010, 11:47 AM
The Polar Bear returns and eats the lot of them.

fikus222
05-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what's the deal with this evening's programming? It appears to me that we are getting a recap episode of sorts, entitled " LOST: The Final Journey," which is on from 7-9 PST and then the Finale airing from 9-11:30 PST. Am I correct in my assumptions?

tessalasset
05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes. I believe it's a recap of the entire series. Blackswan, that'll be a good one to catch. And don't forget to watch or at least tape Jimmy Kimmel Live afterwards at 12:05. He does his Aloha to Lost show.

thestripe
05-23-2010, 03:08 PM
the recap should be the best way to catch up. The shows description says it's main focus is season 5 & 6. Also says it has some kind of behind the scenes stuff.

invisiblerobots
05-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what's the deal with this evening's programming? It appears to me that we are getting a recap episode of sorts, entitled " LOST: The Final Journey," which is on from 7-9 PST and then the Finale airing from 9-11:30 PST. Am I correct in my assumptions?

Fucking hell, that's a large span of television time for me to geek out on.

invisiblerobots
05-23-2010, 03:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eP-TQH6WbX0/S2hed8pixhI/AAAAAAAAJ4w/4tHkrV_8Vi0/s1600/Lost%2BPolar%2BBeer%2BT-Shirt%2Bby%2BIan%2BLeino.jpg

thestripe
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Fucking hell, that's a large span of television time for me to geek out on.

+Kimmel

tessalasset
05-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah and the people who got tickets to the Kimmel show tonight are gonna be there in the audience for like 7 hours. Watching the episode (early), taping Kimmel with all the cast, and then pizza party and raffle and pop quizzes. I'm SO bummed I couldn't get tickets for it.

tessalasset
05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
ps MAAAAAAAAAAAAALT Liquor made me laugh out loud. I want that.

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 03:58 PM
OMG ! <3! PUMPED!

thestripe
05-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Bitter sweet PUMPED.

NicoDread
05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah. I need to find something new to occupy my time with.

Sexecutioner
05-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Bitter sweet PUMPED.

tru dat. see you on the other side bitches.

fikus222
05-23-2010, 05:58 PM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd272/skwere/lost-black.jpg

One of my favorite opening sequences of any show, simply marvelous.

Astrid
05-23-2010, 06:02 PM
havent been following this thread so much, but i just thought id let you guys know im full of intense anxiety. shit.shit.shit.shit.

WHAT IF ITS NO GOOD?

malcolmjamalawesome
05-23-2010, 06:45 PM
SPOILER ALERT: JULIET'S TITS ARE AWESOME

stinkbutt
05-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Holy fucking gay I have never seen such a lame excuse for an ending. I think George Lucas wrote this one. Spoiler hidden for those just starting

If everyone is dead, how did Desmond and Penny die?

seriously this was a fuckin waste

HunterGather
05-23-2010, 07:31 PM
As a person who saw like a few episodes of the first and second season and gathered info on the show from pop culture references and such, can someone please explain what the ending was just now?!

bartelby
05-23-2010, 07:36 PM
brilliant

fucking brilliant

loved every second of tonight...go fuck yourself stinbutt

HunterGather
05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Lost!stan

stinkbutt
05-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Salah and Josh just stop while the show had integrity, seriously the last fifteen minutes of tonight were absolute bullshit.

brilliant

fucking brilliant

loved every second of tonight...go fuck yourself stinbutt

For the sake of not spoiling it for those that are still watching, please pm me and tell me what is so damn genius about this everyone is dead

HunterGather
05-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I think a Sopranos type ending would have been better than this...

So like....was the flash-sideways thing them in purgatory "waiting"...
It seems so silly...what of the whole island and the training videos and the wholl.....

Ok, im gonna have a heart attack if i get all riled up

heart cooks brain
05-23-2010, 07:53 PM
@stinkbutt
Spoiler

Time doesn't exist in "heaven. At least not in the lost universe. Everyone dies at some point, so everyone jack wanted and needed was there.

/spoiler

stinkbutt
05-23-2010, 07:56 PM
That doesn't make sense

Trashcan_alligator
05-23-2010, 07:57 PM
but the island where dead people were constantly appearing with no discernable rules or regulations made sense?

heart cooks brain
05-23-2010, 08:05 PM
For arguments sake, lets say heaven exists. Do you really think people who go there die, and then have to wait for the rest of their friends and relatives to die? If something like that is real, it WOULD exist outside of time. everything that happened would always be happening.

But it's not real, and we are talking about a tv show

malcolmjamalawesome
05-23-2010, 08:20 PM
This was this best ending it possibly could have had and it will be easy for dummies to misinterpret what happened.

Gribbz
05-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Did the polar bear eat the fat guy?

heart cooks brain
05-23-2010, 08:21 PM
This was this best ending it possibly could have had and it will be easy for dummies to misinterpret what happened.

this x1000

sbessiso
05-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Salah and Josh just stop while the show had integrity, seriously the last fifteen minutes of tonight were absolute bullshit.

I got myself pretty caught up and watched the finale and.....underwhelming is the word. i wanna see what the major LOST fans have to say

stinkbutt
05-23-2010, 08:27 PM
They're all claiming it ended great. That I'm dumb for not liking it, or in their eyes "not getting it"

malcolmjamalawesome
05-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I will temper my statement. It would be easy to misinterpret the ending into something more cliched than it truly is.

sbessiso
05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
They're all claiming it ended great. That I'm dumb for not liking it, or in their eyes "not getting it"

i just cant imagine that this was the conclusion they were hoping for

malcolmjamalawesome
05-23-2010, 08:41 PM
"They" being who? Fans?

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Best ending to the greatest show ever. When vincent laied down next to Jack as he passed on I lost it.

Yoshan
05-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I liked the whole sad sentimental angle but wtf! I'm more confused than before! There's still a shit ton left unexplained. Dont know if i missed this but what exaxtly is the island/light and can someone explain what was the flash sideways stories?

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 08:56 PM
alt/sideways time line = faith, science, space and time combined.

HunterGather
05-23-2010, 09:12 PM
http://cache.defamer.com/assets/resources/2008/05/lost-jack-hair.jpg

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 09:17 PM
The ALT was the afterlife-so they could find the ones who mattered most to them. There is no sense of time in the afterlife...we just followed Jack there at the end. In "our time" Boone, Shannon, etc, would have been there for a while. After Jack corked the island, everyone went on living their lives, Hurley and Ben watching over the island dies after Jack. Ben didn't join them because they weren't the most important things in his life, his most important time.

This goes for Eloise almost asking Desmond not to take faraday because it wasnt his time.

The mirrors all make sense so do the loops in time and space. Beautifully executed show.

apostle2
05-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Best ending

Agreed. This was in fact BETTER than I was hoping for.

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 09:29 PM
PS. Nice Titanic ending.

faxman75
05-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Those commercials were fucking brutal. I actually timed it at one point. We got 5 minutes of show then 5 of commercials and several times we got 10 minutes of show before another commercial. I'm ok with sappy but god damn did they drag those scenes out and we got one last "son of a bitch" from Sawyer and some more tears from just about god damn everyone.

faxman75
05-23-2010, 09:42 PM
I think a Sopranos type ending would have been better than this...

I can't tell yet. In a day or two i'll absorb. I liked the Soprano's ending more than this at least on the surface when comparing two show finales.

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Fuck the Sorpranos and that ending.

stinkbutt
05-23-2010, 10:15 PM
I will temper my statement. It would be easy to misinterpret the ending into something more cliched than it truly is.

After watching it again, I will say I'm guilty of this. The ending was good, just not what I personally wanted. I guess I was always one of those more interested with the island than the characters, hence my initial disappointment. I was also very confused/buzzed upon first viewing.

nationocean
05-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Never seen the show before or this last episode..

But what I'm gathering is that the island is real..

So like the plane crash that started this show, happened..

and so random things like polar bears, that smoke monster thing and time travel story were all grounded in the shows 'reality'

and then late in the seasons, they started having alt. storylines, that would later just become a 'creation' that (the people on the island created?) to meet up when they die?

i'm just asking because A: I don't want to lose 6 years of my life to a show and B: if that's all true then, it sounds like the first couple of seasons of made up crazy stuff on the island never really mattered and was just for dramatic tv..

i guess, if i was a fan, or knew more about it, it sounds like i would want something with that time travel thing to explain the ending better, weren't they all apart of that dharma thing?

just sounds better to do time travel than heaven stuff.. but that's just the atheist in me talking.

chairmenmeow47
05-23-2010, 10:25 PM
so minorities weren't allowed in the church?

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Never seen the show before or this last episode..

But what I'm gathering is that the island is real..

So like the plane crash that started this show, happened..

and so random things like polar bears, that smoke monster thing and time travel story were all grounded in the shows 'reality'

and then late in the seasons, they started having alt. storylines, that would later just become a 'creation' that (the people on the island created?) to meet up when they die?

i'm just asking because A: I don't want to lose 6 years of my life to a show and B: if that's all true then, it sounds like the first couple of seasons of made up crazy stuff on the island never really mattered and was just for dramatic tv..

i guess, if i was a fan, or knew more about it, it sounds like i would want something with that time travel thing to explain the ending better, weren't they all apart of that dharma thing?

just sounds better to do time travel than heaven stuff.. but that's just the athiest in me talking.

TITS OR......NO JUST GTFO.

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 10:27 PM

negros? Michael was banished to the island "the whispers". Walts just chillin. Eko went to hell.

J~$$$$
05-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Frank J Lapidus went out like a champ. Miles believes in Duct tape. Duct tape hell.

chairmenmeow47
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
katesaur

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/852537-2/mms_picture_5_.jpg

i shot the sheriff

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/852539-1/0523101714.jpg

my phone made this look weird

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/852541-1/0523101649.jpg

turkish knife

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/852545-2/mms_picture_6_.jpg

decorative pics tomorrow. drunk am i!

invisiblerobots
05-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Vozzek, will you explain that one to me?

paulb
05-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I never seen Lost before, but I just watched the finale for the hell of it.

So let me get this straight....all these people crashed on an airplane in Season 1 episode 1?....died.....and then this was them in purgatory doing random shit, before they discovered that they needed to find out the importance of their friendships to get into heaven or something?

eskamo951
05-23-2010, 10:43 PM

Rose was in there. So were Sun and Jin.

Blinken
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I loved, not what I expected or wanted but I think it works great.

The way I see it the Island is where the afterlife is and the guardian is responsible for keeping the afterlife safe. Without afterlife there would be now life, everything needs to be in balance. Hurley, Ben, Frank, Miles, Desmond, Richard all lived full lives after the finale and before the afterlife. There was no waiting for anyone in heaven they just all start together on the flight it is their boat across the river styxx. In fact Hurley and Ben lived for a very long time, just like Jacob and Richard.