PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24

tessalasset
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
ok.

mickflyy
05-06-2010, 11:24 PM
He hasnt been the confident, conniving man-of-power 'Ben' we all know and love in quite a while. Don't really like how he's kinda become a secondary character. Ben always wanted the island more than anyone. He did all the fucking dirty work for christs sake. Let's see some bad ass Linus to finish em off, por favor!

YES

mickflyy
05-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Use to have a fantasy where Ben Linus, at the height of his Others leadership, had this secret room he'd bring guys to daily. The room is up in a hollowed out tree deep within the jungle. Ben and his companion would spend time listening to 'Hunky Dory', mostly 'Bewlay Bros', read books, and drink tea with them occassionally making love. Well, not 'occassionally', but every time.

http://nygossipgirl.com/blog5/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mlost.jpg
8a82arE0JSQ

...NO

digitaldragon03
05-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Probably an oversimplified question but... Widmore wants the island, MIB wants off the island, whats the fucking problem?

Anyways, i got teary eyed at the scene where Jack stands in the water and just lets loose. What a way to show that these events are happening to PEOPLE, and that these deaths arent just plot points to these characters.

MarkO
05-08-2010, 06:53 AM
The more I watch this show, the more confused I get.

captncrzy
05-08-2010, 07:30 AM
This was on the Soup last night; just killed me.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2umUC_T6xg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2umUC_T6xg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thestripe
05-08-2010, 07:40 AM
haha that was good.

tessalasset
05-08-2010, 10:27 AM
i love that they used Juliet for both of the "where's jack?" lines.

signmeup
05-08-2010, 10:34 AM
soooooo three alternate endings??

edit: link
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/07/tv-finales-three-alternative-lost-endings-and-24s-not-so-happy-conclusion/

SDsoldier7
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I cant believe this is actually coming to an end. FML.

Dogvolta
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure at what point in this season I started to not care but last night clinched it. I feel like the only person who didn't cry about Jin and Sun. I laughed when the people started shooting at the smoke monster too, it looked like a bad sci fi movie. I feel like they beat so many situations into the ground this season that it ultimately made me not give a fuck. The whole decision process is the most mind numbing thing to me. I mean, how many times are these people going to chose sides, guess who is good and who is bad, want to leave the island or come back. I'm really disapointed I can't share in the enjoyment of most of this. I'll be watching but this season has easily been the least enjoyable to me. Kate should have been killed off at least a half dozen episodes ago.

Wow I could not agree anymore. How could I care about ANYONE dieing? If there is anything we have learned over these drawn out seasons is that DEATH = NO BIG FUCKING DEAL. People die, come back, dead people come back, die. rinse wash repeat.
I mean for fuck sake, a NUKE turned into a no big fucking deal. That whole season was a big "omg a nuke" build up. Season finale, we dontfind out if the nuke went of, which is okay, what series doesn't have a cliff hanger at the end.
Next season: We still have no fucking idea if the nuke went off. Why did I care in the first place now?
And that is just the nuke. Let alone the polar bears, smoke monster(s), bitches birthing dead babies, Walt (or was his name mike) talking to animals and shit, the vivendi (or however you spell/say it) equation.
And to this day we still don't know who/what MIB/Smokie, Jacob, and the island is/are.
Like I give two shits Jin and Sun died. They'll probably be back next episode somehow. Wait, they are ALIVE in the other "flash sidways", BFD.

donkey sex
05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
People are really taking it hard. 'The ending' and all. Alot of passion for this show.

Dogvolta
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
People are really taking it hard. 'The ending' and all. Alot of passion for this show.

That is what is beyond me. I am very passionate for television series that I watch. My passion forever rages for Sopranos, BSG, Twin Peaks, Dexter (kinda), Rescue Me, etc,...and Lost up until around halfway through the series.

I couldn't believe how hard some of these fans took the "death" of Sun and Jin. Someone mentioned crying while he/she was driving home? yeesh

thestripe
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dkoZW7yJcns&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dkoZW7yJcns&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

J~$$$$
05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
awesome.

mickflyy
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dkoZW7yJcns&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dkoZW7yJcns&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That was pretty funny.

faxman75
05-10-2010, 01:43 PM
That is what is beyond me. I am very passionate for television series that I watch. My passion forever rages for Sopranos, BSG, Twin Peaks, Dexter (kinda), Rescue Me, etc,...and Lost up until around halfway through the series.

I couldn't believe how hard some of these fans took the "death" of Sun and Jin. Someone mentioned crying while he/she was driving home? yeesh

Wait....you still watch Rescue Me? Dexter is superior to Rescue Me.

donkey sex
05-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Immediately after the season finale I'd like officers to ask "Was the deceased a 'Lost' fan?" during suicide investigations.

captncrzy
05-11-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm on the east coast right now so I'm going to be watching early. I'm going to go down to the sports bar in the hotel and see if I can get them to turn the big screens on to Lost.

Sexecutioner
05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
would you really want to watch lost in a sports bar? too much noise and distractions...

oh, and for anybody throwing a lost party, found this page with millions of dharma labels you can print out: http://maxpictures.com/weblog/2007/04/10/lost-labels-for-your-dharma-initiative-needs/

captncrzy
05-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Just got back from there; too noisy.

atom heart
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Damn magic.
Somehow, not QUITE convinced, but on the other hand I also kind of like it.
Some of you may take this as an actual shark-jumping moment.

Not sure how this figures into Desmond's getting zapped (the light is kind of the same color, no?).

What makes me super nervous:
Brightest, warmest light? In Dante's Inferno the depths of Hell were freezing cold for the reason that it was the furthest possible place from God.

J~$$$$
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Fucking miracles. Magnets how do the work?

So smokey is Apollo, the island is the beginning of all life on earth. smokey wants to go back to outtttttdeeerrrrr sppppaaaccceeee!?

chairmenmeow47
05-11-2010, 08:58 PM

THIS IS HOW I FEEL.

seriously, next tuesday is THE last weekday watching session.

so we know who adam and eve is. kick those sun/jin, jack/kate, rose/bernard theories to the curb now!!!

and so what, how did the man in black just discover that magnets might get him off the island?

who finished his wheel?

why did he think that would work?

all that was a bit far-fetched, but i still enjoyed the episode. christ, did they find jacob's fucking SON or something that kid was spot on!!! and i LOVE that actress. i was so excited to see her. and i want whatever she's drinking.

did the drink make jacob live forever? if not, what did? did richard drink the wine? why does the man in black still want to leave the island if he's dead? did she just kill the real mom because the babies were innocent and not corrupted, or was there another purpose?

also, how fucked is the island for making a warm, happy place pure evil?!?!?

thestripe
05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
OMG. I want to watch it again. This was my favorite episode so far.

tessalasset
05-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Whoa for real? I just wrote it was one of my lead favorite episodes of Lost so far.

But I know I'll appreciate it more by the end of the month.

I think it was just way too much information for one episode. I kept thinking that I was missing things. But reading everyone's comments so far, and I'm sure reading vozzek's review, will help me appreciate it more tomorrow. I guess it still has to sink in. Cause a lot of the episode just made me sort of laugh out loud. Jumping-shark style. As soon as I saw that bright light I was just like seriously? I need some more explanation.

SDsoldier7
05-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Whoa for real? I just wrote it was one of my lead favorite episodes of Lost so far.

But I know I'll appreciate it more by the end of the month.

I think it was just way too much information for one episode. I kept thinking that I was missing things. But reading everyone's comments so far, and I'm sure reading vozzek's review, will help me appreciate it more tomorrow. I guess it still has to sink in. Cause a lot of the episode just made me sort of laugh out loud. Jumping-shark style. As soon as I saw that bright light I was just like seriously? I need some more explanation.

I concur. How could a true fan really appreciate it that much when the whole episode was dedicated to characters we have only recently began to know. Especially with so few episodes left.

I was def laughing out loud at a lot of the parts, probably the most when the mom knocked jacobs brother out cold.

"i guess this is good bye" :lool

I also thought it was funny when jacob sent his bro down the river into the abyss. That fucker got treated like a lil bitch.

The episode was necessary, but was one of my least favorite.

captncrzy
05-12-2010, 03:43 AM
I need to watch it again too.

It's weird that they just discovered that they could channel light and water with the electromagnetic forces to travel to and from the island, but we need to go into "reality suspension" mode for a bit. They only have a few hours left to explain everything, and they needed the hour to explain the island's backstory.

Also, I do think Richard drank the wine. It seems like he gave him something to drink.

So, my biggest question is: did Smokey always exist and it just picked up Brother's soul? Or, was Smokey created by Brother in the light?

My biggest complaint is: why didn't they show the light before?

My biggest "laying in bed a-ha moment" is: wtf? four babies, that we know of, have been born on the island. Four. Isn't that kind of a lot?

atom heart
05-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Weird thought here, not sure if it makes sense.
Considering how thoroughly and quickly the village was destroyed, I think good ol' Mom is a monster (of some form) herself. She's probably the progenitor (of sorts) of the monster/god situation because she went down into that hole herself at some point and was changed. She knew what it was but also knew that anyone who found it would be similarly altered, so tried to keep both her adopted protectors and others out of it.

i812many
05-12-2010, 05:09 AM
I thought it was a bullshit episode, yes it gave us an answer to who the bodies were but it gave more questions than were there before. With only three and a half hours left of the show I thought they would have at least explained a little more. I had hopes of that episode being great. **MAYBE SPOLIER** I read somewhere that the "mom" told reporters that she played mother earth on Lost

ShyGuy75
05-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Considering how thoroughly and quickly the village was destroyed, I think good ol' Mom is a monster (of some form) herself. She's probably the progenitor (of sorts) of the monster/god situation because she went down into that hole herself at some point and was changed. She knew what it was but also knew that anyone who found it would be similarly altered, so tried to keep both her adopted protectors and others out of it.

agreed

it makes sense when you throw the magic knife into the equation that was used to kill the mother with. that is the same knife that desmond will kill flocke with. after the mother thanked him for killing her, i imagine she has been stuck on the island in monster form for quite some time now.

Dogvolta
05-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Damn magic.

Some of you may take this as an actual shark-jumping moment.

Whoa for real? I just wrote it was one of my lea(st) favorite episodes of Lost so far.
Cause a lot of the episode just made me sort of laugh out loud. Jumping-shark style.

I concur. How could a true fan really appreciate it that much when the whole episode was dedicated to characters we have only recently began to know. Especially with so few episodes left.

I was def laughing out loud at a lot of the parts was one of my least favorite.

I thought it was a bullshit episode, yes it gave us an answer to who the bodies were but it gave more questions than were there before. With only three and a half hours left of the show I thought they would have at least explained a little more. I had hopes of that episode being great.

Glad I am not alone with my huge disenchantment of Lost. I just don't see why it took so long for a lot of people to complain about the direction this show took. It happened waaaaay before this episode people.

captncrzy
05-12-2010, 06:45 AM

agreed

it makes sense when you throw the magic knife into the equation that was used to kill the mother with. that is the same knife that desmond will kill flocke with. after the mother thanked him for killing her, i imagine she has been stuck on the island in monster form for quite some time now.

I hadn't thought of that.

captncrzy
05-12-2010, 06:48 AM

I was def laughing out loud at a lot of the parts, probably the most when the mom knocked jacobs brother out cold.

I'm a true fan, and just because it didn't feature Kate whining doesn't mean I couldnt appreciate the backstory. Besides, Jacob and Smokey are both characters that have been around since the beginning. Now you know their origins.

Had that not been addressed, people would have complained. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

SDsoldier7
05-12-2010, 07:00 AM
I agree, it had to be addressed. Im just bummed at how many episodes are left.

thestripe
05-12-2010, 07:05 AM
And I think their story needed a full hour. It wouldn't have felt right if they were bouncing back and forth between the two.

Anyways, I meant this was my favorite episode of season 6 and I stand by it. We got a ton of answers. Love'm or hate'm. I was really worried that they were just going to come out and say the light is "heaven" or "hell" or whatever else it could be. I am not saying it's the way I wanted them to take the story but it could've definitely been worse. I think the most important thing about the episode is knowing that Jacob didn't really want the gig. And it looks like he really fucked up by losing his cool by sending MIB to smoke city.

Also, Adam and Eve answered. 1 down 2,694,634 more to go.

J~$$$$
05-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Yeah I really enjoyed that episode the more I think about it. It might have been my favorite of any episode.There are a ton of answers that I am just not putting together.

This episode was like a small condensed circle of everything we have seen so far over every season. I love that she created the game and created the rules. For Jaccob and his twin.

At first I did laugh at the hobbits cave of gold.

chairmenmeow47
05-12-2010, 07:33 AM
i completely agree with atom shark, good call. i also wondered if the mother had gone down there herself.

did anyone notice all the mirrors in the trailer for next week? vozzek's been onto something!

also, who were the people with bones around their necks killing the boar? they didn't look like the other romanesque people to me. old school others?

atom heart
05-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Considering the show has taken a bunch of turns I didn't like and I rolled with it anyway and that I have a high tolerance for cheese I didn't mind the ep as a whole and I actually enjoyed Little Boy Black. He's way smarter than Jacob. Jacob is such a dope.

One of the recappers on DarkUFO made a good observation. He pointed out that Little Boy Black's reaction to the cave was what Locke said about the island. "I've seen the heart of this island, and what I saw was beautiful."

J~$$$$
05-12-2010, 07:39 AM
I did not enjoy the cut scenes to jack kate and locke finding the cave (adam and eve). It was kind of a dis to the viewers not being able to put the two together.

J~$$$$
05-12-2010, 07:48 AM
The answers are right there.....I just need vozzek to put them together for me.

thestripe
05-12-2010, 08:03 AM
I know. Vozz has become an integral part of the show for me.

Dogvolta
05-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I know. Vozz has become an integral part of the show for me.

I've read a lot of his stuff, but all of his writings have been copy pasted on places like here, where does he normally post?

bballarl
05-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I posted this a few weeks back, and now I think it is hard to doubt the validity of it. POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!

http://deadspin.com/5522263/what-does-this-possibly-fake-call-sheet-tell-us-about-the-lost-series-finale

i812many
05-12-2010, 09:10 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Communications company Intelsat said it lost control of the Galaxy 15 satellite on April 8, possibly because the satellite’s systems were knocked out by a solar storm. Intelsat cannot remotely steer the satellite to remain in its orbit, so Galaxy 15 is creeping toward the adjacent path of another TV communications satellite that serves U.S. cable companies.

Galaxy 15 continues to receive and transmit satellite signals, and they will probably interfere with the second satellite, known as AMC 11, if Galaxy 15 drifts into its orbit as expected around May 23, according to AMC 11’s owner, SES World Skies.

AMC 11 receives digital programming from cable television channels and transmits it to all U.S. cable networks from its orbit 22,000 miles (36,000 kilometers) above the equator, SES World Skies said. It operates on the same frequencies as Galaxy 15.

“That fact means that there is likely to be some kind of interference,” SES World Skies spokesman Yves Feltes told The Associated Press. “Our aim is to bring any interference down to zero.” [Chicago Breaking Business, inset image via]

thestripe
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I posted this a few weeks back, and now I think it is hard to doubt the validity of it. POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!

http://deadspin.com/5522263/what-does-this-possibly-fake-call-sheet-tell-us-about-the-lost-series-finale

ERRRRRR I read it. Couldn't help myself. It sounds like it falls in line with what's been explained so far. I think it's legit.

bballarl
05-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Sounds like the finale will be interesting, to say the least.

That wasn't an understatement or anything.

chairmenmeow47
05-12-2010, 09:59 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Communications company Intelsat said it lost control of the Galaxy 15 satellite on April 8, possibly because the satellite’s systems were knocked out by a solar storm. Intelsat cannot remotely steer the satellite to remain in its orbit, so Galaxy 15 is creeping toward the adjacent path of another TV communications satellite that serves U.S. cable companies.

Galaxy 15 continues to receive and transmit satellite signals, and they will probably interfere with the second satellite, known as AMC 11, if Galaxy 15 drifts into its orbit as expected around May 23, according to AMC 11’s owner, SES World Skies.

AMC 11 receives digital programming from cable television channels and transmits it to all U.S. cable networks from its orbit 22,000 miles (36,000 kilometers) above the equator, SES World Skies said. It operates on the same frequencies as Galaxy 15.

“That fact means that there is likely to be some kind of interference,” SES World Skies spokesman Yves Feltes told The Associated Press. “Our aim is to bring any interference down to zero.” [Chicago Breaking Business, inset image via]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and awesome avatar.

so we still don't know who the kid in the forest was that smokey saw, eh? was it young man in black maybe? any screenshots?

Dogvolta
05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Post in the other thread, but this belongs here:

http://gawker.com/5537097/lost-wtf-of-the-week-adam--eve

benhur
05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
So,

I think there are two possibilities remaining with the smoke monster. Either the smoke monster is the "soul" of the Man in Black that was transformed when he entered the glowy thing. The body that remained was discarded because it was no longer needed to survive. Or...because MIB entered the glowy thing it unleashed the presence of the smoke monster that is actually a completely different pressence. The smoke monster only appears at later times as the MIB for the same reason he appeared as Locke or Jack's dad.

Right now I'm tending to think that the later would be a better story but think that the writers will make it into the former.

tessalasset
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I did not enjoy the cut scenes to jack kate and locke finding the cave (adam and eve). It was kind of a dis to the viewers not being able to put the two together.

I think that was for both hardcore and casual fans. For the casual, they weren't gonna remember something that happened six seasons ago, so it was a reminder. For us hardcore fans, it was the absolute affirmation that we need in each case to be able to move on. Otherwise we'd just be sitting here going "I'm pretty sure they're adam and eve but I can't say 100%.

chairmenmeow47
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
did jack really have a buzzcut in that scene? his hair seemed shorter than i remember in the first season.

Sexecutioner
05-12-2010, 11:48 AM
this show really fucked up. they sat around jerking us all off for like 2-3 seasons of bullshit, and then they decide they are finally going to end it, but don't give themselves enough time to properly fill in all the blanks. now they are just rushing through it, trying to make shit up as quickly as possible to answer as many questions as they can, but they are all half ass answers because they don't have enough time to actually go deeper into any of the cool stories of the island.

if they would have planned this whole thing out better, we could have had a much better understanding of the history of the island, and all it's players. instead we got a bunch of filler, with one good season at the end. fuck this show.

tessalasset
05-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Glad I am not alone with my huge disenchantment of Lost. I just don't see why it took so long for a lot of people to complain about the direction this show took. It happened waaaaay before this episode people.

Actually I've been totally down with everything that's happened up until this episode. I think I've laughed at something I'm not supposed to laugh at maybe once or twice in the entire series.

Reading more of the comments, I think my issue was not that they got a whole hour of back story, but that's ALL they got. I wish the writers had spread it out more throughout this season, and even last season. I know certain points they did, but the whole thing just seemed so rushed. Maybe it's just because we're so used to shit taking forever to be revealed, that we're used to that time frame now. This episode really just felt like an afterthought. Almost like the Nikki and Paolo episode. (Blasphemy!) Ok not that bad.

My biggest complaint is: why didn't they show the light before?

captncrazy, they did... when Ben was spinning the Donkey wheel. Remember how blindingly golden the light was down there? That's exactly where MIB was when he pulled out that brick in the wall.

I think the most important thing about the episode is knowing that Jacob didn't really want the gig.
this, too, was pretty cool to find out. mom definitely wanted MIB for the job.

DID WE STILL NOT FIND OUT HIS NAME? Or did he really just NEVER get a name cause his stupid mom didn't think of one ahead of time? Seriously? What is the reason for that.

Sexecutioner
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Reading more of the comments, I think my issue was not that they got a whole hour of back story, but that's ALL they got. I wish the writers had spread it out more throughout this season, and even last season. I know certain points they did, but the whole thing just seemed so rushed. Maybe it's just because we're so used to shit taking forever to be revealed, that we're used to that time frame now. This episode really just felt like an afterthought.

This is exactly my point. I thought this was an awesome episode. This part of the lost story is really intriguing to me, seeing the roots of the island and Jacob and MIB growing up, etc. The problem is they should have done like 5 episodes on this type of shit. There was soooo much pointless filler in the middle seasons that could have been used for better tangents like this one.

chairmenmeow47
05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
we did not get his name.

i also think it's too late in the game for this episode.

but, i don't get all the hate that's coming out just now. i never for one minute thought they could answer every single mystery on this show by the end. and quite frankly, i don't want them too. most of the answers they come up with (such as this "light), end up being a bit disappointing. so just leave it a mystery. it makes it more realistic that way, at least as realistic as lost can be. all i care about is that we're starting to get some answers as to who's dead versus who's an aparation of the island. now if i could just see cindy die a horrible death, i would be complete.

J~$$$$
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
giant QUIZNOS oven

THINGS I NOTICED - "Across The Sea" by Vozzek69
Posted by The ODI at 5/12/2010 08:24:00 PM View Comments
Labels: Across The Sea, Recaps, Vozzek69
Bookmark and Share

Ever since the beginning of LOST, I'd hoped we'd get some sort of an island flashback. Something that would tell us how it all began... something to show us how things got so impossibly strange.

Across The Sea didn't answers all of LOST's questions, but it took a huge bite out of our list of mysteries. In writing my recap, I'm going to point out the many ways that 'mother' laid the groundwork for our entire show. I'm also going to rag on the glowing cave of molten doom a bit, but that's totally okay. THINGS I NOTICED:

Two Babies, Two Diapers... One is Black, and Well, I Think You Probably Get the Idea By Now...

Even going back two thousand years, the island is still bringing people to its shores. From an entire shipwreck of people a single woman is plucked, and it should be no surprise to learn that there's a reason she washes up on the beach alone. Immediately we learn that this is Claudia, birth-mom to LOST's two most important players: Jacob and the man in black.

Cue spooky music change, and enter our oldest LOST character to date - 'mother'. Right away, we should know who this really is. We're given a tremendous clue as Claudia stops to drink from a stream: the overhead reflection that startles her is nearly identical to a scene in The Cost of Living. In that episode, Mr. Eko is drinking from a similar stream when he sees the reflection of the smoke monster looming over him.

Yes, mother is the monster. As we later find out, she's also the keeper of the island, and protector of the holy heat lamp.

Watching Claudia give birth on the island was more than a little Claire-esque, but by now we should be getting numb to these parallels. The important thing here is mother's reaction after Jacob is born: she scoops him up and turns him strangely away from Claudia, cradling him as if he were her own.

Mother obviously expected these events, as she's the one who brought Claudia to the island. She even seems to have anticipated the sex of the baby, gratefully acknowledging "It's a boy!" In short, her prayers have been answered. Her successor has arrived. Seconds later however, something else happens that mother was definitely not counting on: the birth of Jacob's nameless brother, the baby in black.

While she rolls with it, you can tell this is not what mother signed up for. She expected a son, but the island has given her two. Nevertheless, these are the successors the island has chosen to take her place. Her candidates finally selected, she brains poor Claudia with a rock.

Yeah What The Hell... Sure. I'll Play.

The boy in black kicks off our eternal game of black vs. white by finding an Egyptian senet board washed up on the beach. Inherently, he somehow already knows how to play. This is of course reminiscent of the test Richard Alpert gives to a young John Locke, asking him which items already belong to him. Jacob's brother already knows the rules of this game because historically, a past version of himself has probably already played it. Jacob however has no such prior knowledge, and the writers make it a point to show us this.

Does this mean that the MIB was truly meant to succeed his mother in guarding that cave of plutonium? Hell yeah it does. She even sits him down to tell him he's special, taking the opportunity to drill more "there's nothing else but the island" propaganda into his skull. Yet even as she does this, mother knows there's one very big problem: unlike Jacob, her more gifted son likes to stare out at the ocean. He likes to wonder what's across the sea.

"Jacob doesn't know how to lie. He's not like you." Seems like lying would be a pretty good skill to have, especially if you need to go lights-out on someone with a heavy rock. You can't protect the island with blunt honesty and a charming smile, and this is why the boy in black is such a great choice.

We also learn in this scene that the guardian of the island must be immortal as well as resourceful. The MIB's mother tells him that when it comes to death, he has nothing to worry about. She's already marked him as the one to take her place, but she hasn't yet given him the Kool-aid of agelessness. That comes later.

Which One of These Instincts Belongs To You Already?

In the centuries it took for senet to become backgammon, one constant appears on the island throughout its entire long history: boar hunting. I'm betting that both Jacob and his brother spent a lot of time chasing boar through the jungles of LOST island, and that this instinctual knowledge got passed along to John Locke right after arriving at its shores.

Think about that. Just as the boy in black already knew how to play his newly-discovered game, John Locke already knew how to hunt boar. In fact, he makes his first kill at the end of Tabula Rasa, shortly after encountering the smoke monster for the very first time. Seems like Richard was right in that John was always meant to be a successor, his only mistake being that perhaps he gave him the test a little too early.

"They come, they fight, they corrupt, they destroy..." Mother's words would fall from the MIB's own lips, hundreds of years later. As successor, it stands to reason that he'd automatically acquire many of her ideologies. In similar fashion, as the smoke monster we've also learned that the man in black borrows things from those he would mimic or duplicate, perhaps even unknowingly. We've certainly seen him inherit the mannerisms, habits, and dialogue of John Locke. Apparently, the role of island guardian comes with certain baggage in the form of those who went before you - a definite reincarnation, of sorts.

Every One of us Was Brought Here For a Reason... and I Can Sum Up That Reason in a Single Word: GLOWSTICKS.

For the better part of thirteen years, mother is able to raise her sons within the confines of her own personal snowglobe. They believe what she tells them to believe; they obey her because they don't even know what it is to be defiant. That all changes at the discovery of other people on the island - or at least, at the boys' discovery that they are not alone.

"They're not like us", mother tells her boys. "They don't belong here." As if the death of Claudia wasn't enough, this is our first real taste of mother's fiercesome possessiveness. An almost purge-like atmosphere is created here, as mother tries to get her sons on board with the whole us vs. them mentality; a culture that would carry on for the next two centuries and pervade all six seasons of the show.

Yet the boys need something more here, and mother already knows it. They need a purpose or goal... a reason to swallow natural curiosity and steer clear of everyone else. Although she deems them not yet ready - mirroring Richard's words to a young Benjamin Linus - she's prepared to show her boys exactly why staying put is so cataclysmically important: to guard the inflamed yellow asshole of the island.

Okay, let's be honest here. At first glance, that piss-warm cave of infinite golden light looked totally out of place. Mother's explanation didn't help much either: "a little bit of this very same light is inside of every man." What? No nanobots? The whole scene reeked of midichlorians. Somewhere in the back of my mind, George Lucas was laughing at me. This was one Star Wars reference I really wasn't into, and I was struggling.

Then I watched the scene again, and again, and a fourth and fifth time. I have to say that softened the blow. In retrospect, we already knew there was something at the core of the island causing most of the magic to happen. Here, we were finally getting a direct visual. This isn't even the first time we've seen the light: we saw it after Locke fell into the well, and both times the donkey wheel was turned. It's not like we're getting introduced to something ridiculous and totally unbelievable - something the writers would never do - like alternate universes, or time travel. :)

Fact is, if they never showed us this thing we'd probably bitch. Here they take the time to show it to us, so I'm gonna cut the effects department some slack. Especially in light of the improvement in sub graphics last episode.

Alright, so the light needs to be protected. Man will always try to take it, because the light feels as good as waking up on the beach that third day of spring break with a beautiful girl lying next to you and no trace of a hangover. Mother's been guarding this place for a long time, but for some reason, she can't protect it forever. Despite apparent immortality, each guardian's job has a beginning and an end... the end usually coming at the tip of something sharp and pointed, like a knife.

As the boy in black asks his mother who'll stand next watch, she says something pretty important: "It'll have to be one of you." While it would've made perfect sense to task both brothers with guarding the glowcave, mother makes a point of stating that it's simply a one-man job.

At this point, it's obvious who the hands-down favorite to inherit that job is, and mother is leaning heavily in the direction of her special pick. While Jacob is a tapestry-weaving momma's boy, the kid in black has proven to be a more independent, resourceful, and adaptative individual. Lying, deceiving, killing, purging... these are all prerequisites necessary for taking up the gauntlet. Just ask Benjamin Linus.

For these reasons, Jacob the unlying is a terrible candidate for the role of island guardian. Moreover, his mother already knows it. Hundreds of years later Jacob is still naive; we see it during Ab Aeterno as Richard schools him in the arts of manipulation only days after reaching the island. While she loves him in her own special way, mother also knows that MIB is next in line for the throne.

Oh and by the Way... No Killing Your Brother While I'm Gone

Perhaps it's because she loves him that mother also puts a safeguard into place to protect Jacob. Knowing the true nature of her darker son, she tells the boys "I've made it so that you can never hurt each other." Immediately, I rationalized this to mean that whomever is guarding the island can also set the rules. Somehow, this person holding power over the island can extend that power even beyond his or her lifetime, creating a new set of laws and guidelines that need to be followed... or else.

A minute later however, another thought occurred to me: maybe there aren't any rules at all. Maybe Jacob and his brother just think there are rules, and they've been ritualistically following them out of two thousand-year habit. Remember, these are the same children who once believed nothing else existed except for the island. For most of their childhood, their mother's every word was indisputable law.

Thus begins what I like to call my sonic fence debate. Was the sonic fence really on when Mikhail manipulated Locke into throwing him into it? Or did main characters like Sayid just believe it was on, simply because Mikhail was allowing them to do so?

On the island, the likelihood of something happening has always seemed directly related to faith. Rose believed Bernard was alive. Eko believed he'd find his brother's plane. Hurley believed that 20+ year old Dharma van would start... and so it did, as ridiculously impossible as that scenario should've been. Even Locke's suicide note contained a very important phrase "I wish you had believed me."

So could the very act of believing in something make it true? And more specifically, could the firm belief in a set of rules actually bring those rules into existence? Jacob's brother even alludes to this, over a game of senet: "One day you can make up your own game, and then everyone will have to follow your rules." Is this what we've been seeing all these years? A game being played that's nothing more than a byproduct of Jacob's own design, with the MIB fighting for two thousand years to find a loophole in his rulebook? No wonder he's so pissed.

Everybody Knows That You Need The Glow - You Need To Glow, The Glow To Grow!

The glowing ghost of his mother Claudia, visible only him, reveals yet another level of the MIB being 'chosen' to take over the role of guardian. She leads her son to the settlement on the other side of the island, a place where her shipwrecked comrades are still looking for a way to escape the island's shores. She informs him there are many other places to go across the sea, and also explains that she is in fact his real mother.

These actions align Claudia directly against whatever protective agenda mother might have for the island. She provides unsolicited knowledge that will turn the boy in black against his adoptive mom, as well as motives for leaving both her and the island for good. It's almost as if she senses that the MIB will take over as the island's guardian, and is somehow trying to prevent this from happening.

By now, it's safe to see Claudia and Isabella as the same type of entity. These ghosts seem somehow different from the non-glowing whisperers we've seen appearing throughout the show. The aura surrounding Claudia draws obvious associations with whatever lies at the heart of the island, beneath the cave of a thousand fireflies.

Claudia also tells the boy in black that he can see her "because she's dead". As a potential candidate, he's allowed this ability - much the way Hurley could see Jacob and Isabella, or Sayid and Sawyer could see the younger boy-version of Jacob. Come to think of it, Jin could not see Jacob during LAX, and maybe this answers the question as to which Kwon was an actual candidate. Not that it matters...

For Someone Who Supposedly Can't Harm His Brother, Jacob's Got a Good Right Hook

This week a long-standing theory I adhered to finally got popped: the idea that Jacob and the MIB were two halves of the same entity. Although we learned this physically wasn't the truth, spiritually and emotionally they really are indeed two halves of a whole. I also found the boy in black's phrase "they're our things" pretty interesting.

Nevertheless, it's even more interesting that mother allows the boy in black to leave. After catching them fighting in the jungle, Jacob's brother gives him his only really big choice: come with me or stay here. Jacob chooses to stay with the only mother he knows. His brother decides to move in with the original Others, and 'mother' does nothing to stop him.

Choices. LOST is, and always has been, about choices. Mother seemed pretty defeated to learn where her son had gained his sudden enlightenment, but she also seemed powerless to stop him from making his own decision. It's as if she knew where glow-Claudia came from: the other side. And apparently, the other side is NOT to be messed with.

Mother and Jacob's following conversation on the beach further defines the roles of 'good' and 'bad'. Looking back, this little talk would be greatly influential in helping Jacob draw up all the lists he'd make later on. Yet despite being told that he's good, Jacob senses - as only a child can - that his mother has more love for his dark-shirted brother than for him. He's not entirely correct in this assumption, however.

"I love you in different ways", mother tells him, and I think she's being totally sincere here. She loves Jacob in pure ways, as a good son, without wanting or needing anything from him. But she loves the boy in black mostly as a successor - someone to finally take her place - someone to relieve her after a long, dutiful stay on the island.

Everything Dies... But Black and White Shirts Never Go Out of Style

Thirty years later, Jacob and his brother are still playing senet. No one's invented chess yet, and Mousetrap is still a long way off.

Turns out that the MIB can't get that golden honeyhole out of his mind. For thirty years he's been searching and digging for it, and with some magnetic help his people have finally found the subterranean source of its power. Since he can't stand his own people he's ready to blow LOST island, with or without Jacob.

Since we know what happens to the MIB at the end of this episode, it's important to stop here and note how jaded he's become. For three decades he's lived in a society that's "greedy, manipulative, untrustworthy, and selfish." This would be the only mankind he really knows - the only people he'd ever get the chance to have any real-life experience with. Once he becomes the smoke monster, the man in black would base all future dealings with the island's inhabitants upon this one small, corrupted subset of society.

Jacob however, is not looking to leave the island. He runs home dejected, where mommy makes him tell about his brother's plans. Mother is not very excited at the prospect of losing her potential successor. Maybe she'd hoped he would eventually come around, but now it looks as if the MIB is staring out over the ocean again... and then some.

This is where mother makes one last play - one final bid to bring her son back to fulfill what she deems are his true responsibilities. She confronts him in the well, hoping to turn things around. Yet instead of agreeing to guard the leprechaun's pot of gold, the man in black is actually breaking down walls to reach it from beneath. He's hooking a donkey wheel up to the golden fleece, and he's spinning himself off this rock at first opportunity... or at least he would be, if he didn't underestimate his mother's ability to deliver brutal headwounds.

Again, it's incredibly interesting how the donkey wheel gets built totally on faith (because I sure didn't see any science there). As silly as the theory behind it sounds, the MIB fully believes he can somehow "channel the water and the light." His only goal is to leave the island, and he's been building the wheel with that single purpose in mind. So even though he never gets to finish it? It should be no surprise to learn that several hundred years later, the wheel does exactly what the man in black always believed it would do.

I Didn't Have a Choice. It's What he Wants.

Once it became obvious that she couldn't sway her first draft pick, Jacob becomes mother's unfortunate plan B. She leads him to the radioactive gash in the forest, and that's where she swears him in. But first she explains what we've always wanted to know: exactly what lies at the heart of the island.

Life, death, rebirth... all of these themes have been strong throughout LOST. Therefore it stands to perfect reason that they'd all flow right beneath the very feet of our main characters, healing them when they were sick, killing them off when they weren't needed. Mother makes Jacob solemnly promise to never go down into the light, telling him it would be "much worse" than dying. And she's speaking from experience here, because in my opinion this is exactly what she did at one point.

The ceremonial chanting and sharing of wine seemed largely symbolic to me. It was as if mother needed to convince Jacob that once he did this, his path was forever bound to the island. Jacob's still gullible at this point. He drinks up, and he believes her. Whether or not this truly does etch his destiny in stone remains to be seen, but this is where mother does something really, really slick: she recruits both Jacob and his brother to guard the island.

Jacob is 100% right. His brother was always first choice. But what he doesn't know: mother is shrewd enough to recognize that as 'good' as he is, Jacob can't guard the island alone. Jacob's honesty and commitment needs to be tempered by his brother's willingness to lie, be deceitful, and do anything needed to get the job done. Alone, each of them is only half a candidate. But together, they make an ideal guardian for the island's shores.

Uncle Owen? Aunt Beru?

This is where mother's plan gets totally insidious. She knocks the MIB out, and drags him to his village. By the time he wakes up, she's decimated the settlement and killed all his comrades. Even worse, she's filled in his well, eliminating any hope he might've had at getting off the island. THIS is what infuriates the man in black most of all. He couldn't care less about the people he lived with... but messing with his escape plan was the one thing sure to drive him completely berserk.

So how did mother accomplish all this stuff? As the smoke monster, of course. When she warned Jacob not to go into Yoda's cave, she was speaking as someone who'd done it herself. Sometime over the course of her tenure on the island, she'd put her own body through the island's paper shredder... and emerged with the power to commit the carnage we saw here by the time she got to the other side.

Also, consider the wall glyphs we saw during Dead is Dead, involving the worship of the smoke monster. Egyptian hieroglyphics would predate Jacob or the MIB's arrival on the island, indicative of the monster being around for much, much longer. At least that's my take on it.

The next thing mother does is plant the senet board at the scene of the crime. This makes the dark man think Jacob was also responsible for the destruction. Mother knows the MIB will seek them out, and in his rage, finally put an end to her life. She might even have needed him to kill her. Her time was up anyway, and Jacob had already taken her place. Hell, she'd even physically handed him a torch.

After conveniently sending Jacob away to 'get firewood', mother willingly meets her destiny at the end of the now infamous knife. She even thanks the man in black for her release. Predictably, this is when Jacob approaches. He sees his murderous brother holding a bloody knife standing over the body of their mother, and delivers another great flying tackle. A half-dozen punches later, and the final piece of mom's puzzle falls into place: Jacob drags the MIB to the secret stream, knocks him out, and sends him through the island's giant QUIZNOS oven.

In the end, this solves mother's every dilemma. Jacob gets spared the cost associated with going into the cave, and the man in black can no longer leave the island. When she first hatched her plan, mother knew full well this would be the end result - even if she wouldn't be around to see it. Her own long con involved serving out the rest of her time, and getting the best of both worlds when it came to a replacement for guarding the heart of the island.

Meanwhile... Back When Kate Still Had Lipstick...

I really didn't mind rewatching the skeleton scene at the cave. Learning the origins of Adam and Eve would've been cool with or without the Jack/Kate/Locke flashback (forward?), but they way they did it was pretty tasteful. It lent a definite sense of coming full circle, to both the overall story and the image of the black and white stones.

Across The Sea was an excellent example of how satisfying it can be to finally get answers. More importantly though, I think it put the smoke monster / MIB character into a whole new light. I feel like I really understand the MIB now, and his motives for wanting to go home. As terrible as they might be, at this point I don't even blame him for the things that he's done. In many ways he's been cheated out of making a choice: something that seems to be granted in rule-like fashion when it comes to a good many other characters on the show.

So is the smoke monster solely Jacob's brother, or was he merged with an even older entity on the island? How much of him could be attributed to mother at this point, or even John Locke? Is the circle we saw Bram use to protect himself made from the ashes of the MIB's old village? These answers might be hard to come by, but so far, I'm extremely satisfied with how this storyline has played out.

J~$$$$
05-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Exclusive interview: 'Lost' producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse talk 'Across the Sea'
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/exclusive-interview-lost-producers-damon-lindelof-and-carlton-cuse-talk-across-the-sea

DL: Everything is by design. Unfortunately, when you ask that question, if you're not a believer, you say, "They're making it up as they go along," and if you are a believer, you say, "It's all part of a design." It's lose-lose for us, because you think we're just lying if we say everything was by design. I do feel that hopefully the conversation about the sideways will be a different conversation when the series is over than it is now. We knew going into it that the sideways would be a very polarizing form of storytelling.. But as Carlton reiterated earlier, we're doing our best version of ours how. We understand that you can't please all the people all the time, that's the kind of show that "Lost" is. If we tried to please all the people all the time, it's an impossible task. We loved "The Sopranos" ending. It was actually shocking to us the next morning when people were going, "It's a cop-out."' We're looking at it as the best, most poetic thing that we've ever seen on television, and other people were calling it a cop-out, and we got into these very impassioned arguments about it. The fact that he could make a creative choice like that that would create that sort of debate, I'm sure it wasn't his intention to create a debate. He was just doing what he wanted to do - what he felt was right for his show. We're doing the same. Whether or not what we're doing is in the best interests of our show is a matter of debate, and there's no way that we can enter into the debate, because were' the ones who did it. We could say, "Yes, this was great!" And the fans would say that we jumped the shark. I love the idea that some fans are literally saying we jumped the shark last night! 119 hours in! We finally jumped the shark! So good! You guys are going to spare yourselves the agita of the final three hours of the show.

His "i wish you had believed me" moment to the audience.

tessalasset
05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank God for this man.

Edit:vozzek

J~$$$$
05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Valis.

stinkbutt
05-12-2010, 07:57 PM
So the mother knew Jacob would throw MiB in the cave? That's dumb, this is the Joker in Dark Knight all over again.

Dogvolta
05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Exclusive interview: 'Lost' producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse talk 'Across the Sea'
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/exclusive-interview-lost-producers-damon-lindelof-and-carlton-cuse-talk-across-the-sea

His "i wish you had believed me" moment to the audience.

In his defense, as much as I am annoyed with this program, I had to also laugh at the fact that people were shouting "jumped the shark" after last night's episode.
To say that Lost jumped the shark, a couple of episodes before the series finale, just goes to show that the whole "jumped the shark" thing is incredibly over-used.
Although I am happy that the majority of fans are feeling my similar resentments towards the show finally, I just don't understand how so many people held faith in this program for SO LONG.
But I guess SOMETHING has to be said about the fact that I still watch it, and will watch it until the end.

donkey sex
05-12-2010, 09:14 PM
that guy really gets up in there, huh? Went about two thirds down before stopping. I don't watch Lost to completely scrutinize it to death...to me it's just an entertaining show to take in on a basic level. I know what's generally going on (at least I tell myself I do before uncontrollably scratching my head), but don't pause scenes or watch it five times afterward.

But he's pretty on top of it. "to guard the inflamed yellow asshole of the island". Ha.

One more episode.

tessalasset
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Donkeys like in the middle I think.

There's the casual fan who just sort of appreciates the characters but is constantly confused.

There's donkey who watches it and understands it but doesn't give a shit to interact further.

And then there are most of us on this thread who remember almost every little thing in the last six seasons and live and breathe this show. I cannot get enough of it.

chairmenmeow47
05-12-2010, 10:25 PM
just got done with vozzek's review. i like his theory that the MIB's faith in the donkey wheel is what made it work. cause i sure as shit didn't hear any science there either lol. i thought it was cute when MIB kept talking about being with me who "knew things".

tessalasset
05-12-2010, 11:34 PM
and see i didn't even pick up the fact that MIB was supposed to be the candidate. it makes more sense now. jacob really was just plan b. it really makes you see and think about him in a different light now. no pun intended.

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 12:40 AM
welp, i didn't get Jimmy Kimmel tix. Here's what he's tweeted recently.

Sold-out post-Lost finale show 5/23. The best Lost-themed haiku gets 2 show tix. 3 winners, followers only. Deadline 5/19/2010. Namaste.
3:42 PM May 10th via web

joshuawabby@JimmyKimmel show sold out.... how's that possible when none of the tix have been confirmed? Well at least noone that I know... or mine. :(
5:11 PM May 10th via twidroid

because the request-to-seat ratio currently stands at 25-1...if you made a ticket request, hang in there and keep your body crossed
5:14 PM May 10th via web

donkey sex
05-13-2010, 04:08 AM
That's a fair assessment, Tess. I don't have a Dharma Initiative tattoo, but do like the logo.

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 06:06 AM
I think people forget just how much attention to detail goes into this show. The writers of Lost has a team of fact checkers that records every detail and makes sure everything is in the show for a reason.

Just look at the fansite Lostpedia, its huge.

captncrzy
05-13-2010, 07:27 AM
In his defense, as much as I am annoyed with this program, I had to also laugh at the fact that people were shouting "jumped the shark" after last night's episode.
To say that Lost jumped the shark, a couple of episodes before the series finale, just goes to show that the whole "jumped the shark" thing is incredibly over-used.
Although I am happy that the majority of fans are feeling my similar resentments towards the show finally, I just don't understand how so many people held faith in this program for SO LONG.
But I guess SOMETHING has to be said about the fact that I still watch it, and will watch it until the end.

How funny; I was thinking the same thing this morning. I'm starting to think that people don't understand the term.

Jump the shark: A last-chance-at-redemption stunt in a formerly-great show so the show may retain some of its former glory. Fonzie jumping over a shark on his motorcycle in Happy Days at a desperate attempt to grab ratings=Jumping the Shark.

just got done with vozzek's review. i like his theory that the MIB's faith in the donkey wheel is what made it work. cause i sure as shit didn't hear any science there either lol. i thought it was cute when MIB kept talking about being with me who "knew things".

I thought the "faith" angle was interesting. Rose and Bernard..wanted her cancer to go away and find a house on the shore to retire in--check. Locke wanting his independence from that chair--check. I wonder what else.

Sexecutioner
05-13-2010, 12:08 PM
that interview was a really great read btw. especially this part, which pretty much explains why i've been kind of pissed at the show. they see it as all about the characters, when i much prefer the island mysteries side of the show. and what i call filler is not filler to them, but really the heart of the show. agree to disagree i guess. while i wish they went a different direction, it is their show and i still have to give them props for taking tv to another level.

Well, you guys have talked a lot over the years about how you feel the show is driven more by character than mystery. There have been some fans who have been very vocal in saying that they disagree - that they're watching for the mysteries. I dealt with this a lot in covering "The Sopranos," where David Chase was making one show, and a certain segment of his fanbase wanted him to be making a completely different show. How do you deal with losing control of the audience's expectations?

DL: Being fans of other shows ourselves, we always have the perspective is that one of the things you sign up for when you do a show like this is that it is a spectator sport. It feels it's a variance, because we all break up into respective groups and talk about what we think the show means, and there's a sense of ownership. You commit all this time to the show and you're inviting it into your own living room. But at the end of the day, it's David Chase's show. It's easy for people to say what they don't want the show to be, it's very difficult for them to say what they want the show to be. Carlton and I and the writers and everyone else who's creatively involved - it's it's our job to figure out what the show is and not what the show isn't. Usually, when we get criticisms, it's along the lines of, "I really wish you hadn't done that." Or "I wish it had been different." And you throw it back at them and ask, "Well, what did you want it to be?" And they say, "I wanted to see the statue built," or "I wanted the Man in Black's first name," or "I want to know about the guy Sayid shot on the golf course." Okay, that's cool, you wanted those answers and we decided not to provide them to you. It's not because we're being cutesie, it's because that that didn't fit with our vision of the show. Right or wrong, we're going to have to deal the rest of our lives with questions about how "Lost" ended. We're comfortable with that, and at the end of the day, we have to remind people that we chose to end the show. We did not go on for a couple of more seasons and sort of pad it off to oblivion. And we knew we chose to end the show, that we were going to have to take our lumps. That's fine as long as we're happy with how we ended the show. We're not being obnoxious or cocky, it's just us saying we've done our best.

fikus222
05-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I believe that the Smoke Monster is not the MiB just like the Smoke Monster is not Locke. Smokie has access to those peoples' memories and is somewhat shaped by their personalities, but it is something else entirely.

Also, I feel better about this episode after watching it a second time. And what's the deal with the Sunday LOST thingie that they advertised?

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 02:09 PM
you know the finale is on sunday the 23rd right?

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 02:18 PM
How funny; I was thinking the same thing this morning. I'm starting to think that people don't understand the term.

Jump the shark: A last-chance-at-redemption stunt in a formerly-great show so the show may retain some of its former glory. Fonzie jumping over a shark on his motorcycle in Happy Days at a desperate attempt to grab ratings=Jumping the Shark.

i NEVER knew where that phrase comes from!!! amazing.

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 02:20 PM
4Ransom, i think that's why i've been able to get behind the show every season. i LOVE the character stories. and for me, everything they give me in every episode is like food for me. everything counts. they literally can't make a bad episode in my eyes because everything adds into the equation somehow. fills it out more.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I believe that the Smoke Monster is not the MiB just like the Smoke Monster is not Locke. Smokie has access to those peoples' memories and is somewhat shaped by their personalities, but it is something else entirely.

concurred.

stinkbutt
05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
The only problem I see with that is, the mom told them they couldn't kill each other

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Maybe smokey just takes on the physical form of the last person that's was on the island and that died off the island and was brought back. Maybe the hole is like the donkey wheel area. Maybe mib got off the island, died, and came back. Just as John Locke did.

Probably not and I'm just having a stoner moment.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2010, 03:11 PM
The only problem I see with that is, the mom told them they couldn't kill each other

my mom told me to believe in santa clause :p

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
They cant kill each other.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
but they did. we saw MIB's body lying outside the whole that jacob threw him in and we watched jacob place his body in the cave. dude's dead at the hands of jacob.

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 03:15 PM
We dont know if jaccob directly killed him or smokey did. Jaccob knocked him out but didnt kill him. maybe.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
well yeah, i guess it does depend on your definition of "kill" and all that.

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Im with the group that wished there were a few more episodes and split the last one into two. Moar answers.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
i wish we'd gotten more island backstory earlier this season. all the "OMG WE WERE ON THE SAME FLIGHT" alt timeline shit got kinda old. i really wanted this season to open with the island in egyptian times or something and just go straight into back story.

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, also the couple of episodes with Locke chasing everyone down pissed me off. The Egyptian era would be great.

Lost 2.0 prelude.

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
LOST: the prequel

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Im with the group that wished there were a few more episodes and split the last one into two. Moar answers.

two and a half hours isn't good enough for you for the final ep? that is two and a half episodes my friend.

edit: or when you say "the last one" do you mean the previous one? i think that's what you meant, actually.

donkey sex
05-13-2010, 04:16 PM
LOST: the prequel

how Claire got pregnant

J~$$$$
05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
two and a half hours isn't good enough for you for the final ep? that is two and a half episodes my friend.

edit: or when you say "the last one" do you mean the previous one? i think that's what you meant, actually.

Yes. Sorry the previous episode.

Dogvolta
05-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I see no evidence that points towards smokie being completely different/separate from the MIB/Flocke. Can someone fill me in?
Oh, and after MIB stabs mommy in the back, what did she say? It sounded like "JOSE" or "NO WAY"

fikus222
05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I see no evidence that points towards smokie being completely different/separate from the MIB/Flocke. Can someone fill me in?
Oh, and after MIB stabs mommy in the back, what did she say? It sounded like "JOSE" or "NO WAY"

It's a lil bit hazy, but Smokey, as Locke, told us that it can only take the form of dead bodies (w/ some other caveats, which we, the audience hasn't been informed of). Also, we have seen the real bodies of Locke & the MiB. And remember, Smokey has taken the form of Jack's father too, so I'm sure Christian's body is still around the Island somewhere.

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 08:49 PM

No way, Jose?

Blinken
05-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Lost Live was amazing I will post a full review later, of only the event so don't worry about spoilers. I will just say that I loved the new episode and can't fucking wait until the finale.

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 11:07 PM
fuck.

tessalasset
05-13-2010, 11:15 PM
My friend just posted this. Here's what the tickets looked like that they gave out tonight.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs319.ash1/28114_1472766860343_1268805077_31322437_515213_n.j pg

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 01:44 AM

according to Entertainment Weekly,

She fell to the ground and whispered a word: ''Nothing.''

i812many
05-14-2010, 04:50 AM
The producers fire back...

Lindelof: We knew it would be an episode that would be divisive… If you’re a mystery show, there will inevitably be episodes that answer mysteries. That has the potential to frighten, terrify, make people hate. This was going to be the season where we said, “Whatever your theory was, our presentation of the endgame of the show may disprove your theory, so we’re sorry if you don’t like the fact that you don’t get the Man in Black’s name, but you don’t get it.” So that’s going to piss some people off, and it’s their right to be pissed off".

Cuse: We want the show to speak for itself. We don’t want to offer up our interpretation of what the thematics are of the episode… But we will say this: This is what an episode of “Lost” that is about answering questions looks like.

Lindelof: It’s easy for people to say what they don’t want the show to be, it’s very difficult for them to say what they want the show to be… Usually, when we get criticisms, it’s along the lines of, “I really wish you hadn’t done that.” Or “I wish it had been different.” And you throw it back at them and ask, “Well, what did you want it to be?” And they say, “I wanted to see the statue built,” or “I wanted the Man in Black’s first name,” or “I want to know about the guy Sayid shot on the golf course.” Okay, that’s cool, you wanted those answers and we decided not to provide them to you. It’s not because we’re being cutesie, it’s because that that didn’t fit with our vision of the show.

thestripe
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM
I just hope that they get right into it during the finale. No messing around. There is a lot of ground to cover and we don't need an extended Sawyer and Tina Fey look-a-like argument scene. Or some cheesy Sawyer & Kate puppy dog eyes shitty that goes nowhere. It's the end. Make it count.

atom heart
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM

Well, in that case I would probably call it "nuking the fridge". Maybe that gets closer to wanting to suspend your disbelief and then being slapped in the face so hard with absurdity that you can't.

By the way, as big a WTF moment that reveal scene was, I still like it.

thestripe
05-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Also, you guys are not allowed to talk this much about lost if I'm not in here to be a part of it.

Tessa, I'm looking at you.

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 07:47 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDthMGtZKa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDthMGtZKa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 08:27 AM
i understand the writer's frustration with having every single decision picked at, but i wish they'd just simply say "if you don't like it, go fuck yourself". i hate listening to people defend their art. either people like it or they don't.

and the only thing that MAYBE refutes the whole smokey not really being the MIB, but merely just using his memories, is all the talk of having a crazy mother, wanting to go home and missing his body. i guess that might poke holes in that theory. or maybe smokey is more like the T1000 at the end of T2 when he's taking all the forms of everyone he's been.

this makes my head hurt lol.

Blinken
05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Here is the program that they gave us and the Oceanic Boarding pass ticket.
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/13linken/IMG00046-20100514-0920.jpg

I ended up not getting to the theater until just before everything started so I didn't get to purchase any of the cool posters they had. I believe they had a special Lost Live poster for Sawyer and one for Hurley as well as a couple other ones. The line for merchandise was just way too long at that point.

Everything started with one of the higher ups in ABC reading a letter to Damon and Carlton from George Lucas congratulating them on finishing the show the way they wanted. It started off, "When I got started on Star Wars I had no idea how it was going to end either." Damon and Carlton then came to the stage, where Damon promptly apologized for everything he said about the prequels.

They said a few words about the show and how great it was to be celebrating the end of it with the fans and the majority of the cast and crew who made the show what it is. Then he began introducing cast members. I am just going to list them by character because there was so many.

Young Ben
Clementine Sawyers girlfriend
Abaddone
Artz
Ethan
Dr. Chang
Boone
Rose
Michael
Walt
Faraday
Charlotte
Man in Black
Penny
Desmond
Richard
Ben
Jin
Sawyer
Hurley

I think that was all of them, my hands were a little sore by the end from all the applause. When Damon introduced the man in black he said he was going to revel his name . . . . Titus Welliver(The actor's name). We gave the cast a long standing ovation. And then on to the music.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/13linken/IMG00045-20100514-0918.jpg

That is the list of songs that they played. in between every song one of the actors would come on stage to read a message from the bottle. They were all really sad yet slightly funny notes that the nameless castaways had wrote back in season 1 for the raft. While the orchestra played images from the show where shown behind them on a screen. I must say it was very moving to re live the show through just through pictures and the music. If that was all that happened last night it would have been well worth it. Michael Giacchino then finished up the performance by coming back on stage in a Dharma Conductor jump suit and playing the theme from UP. It was a nice happy way to end the performance.

Damon and Carlton then came back to introduce the producers of the show and the writers. They also introduced Jack Bender, the director of every season finale of Lost. It was really great seeing the people that work so hard behind the scenes to put the show together. After that they played next weeks episode. I loved it and it was really special getting to watch the show with such a devote crowd that was cheering and clapping, of course the second dialogue started back up everyone got instantly quiet. It must have felt great for the cast and crew to watch the show with the fans. I need to add that the crowd was spectacular, you could hear a pin drop during the musical performance and the show.

While walking out there was a group of people in Dharma suits passing out vitamin water telling us to stay hydrated on the way home. They were calling it Dharma water which I just thought was a little joke . . . . until i looked at the bottle.
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/13linken/IMG00041-20100514-0915.jpg

It was a really special night and I can't wait to discuss the episode i saw last night with the rest of you.

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 09:17 AM
i somehow missed what this event was. can you explain? what episode did you see? next week's?

also, you mentioned music... did you get parts of the lost score played by an orchestra or something? if so, i am so fucking jealous. even moreso than i already am that you went to whatever this is. looks like it was a fabulous time. mmmmMmMM, dharma water. now with more reincarnation enzymes.

Blinken
05-14-2010, 09:23 AM
It was called Lost Live, and I got to see the orchestra from the show with the composer playing songs that he scored for the show. Yes it was next weeks episode that I saw.

J~$$$$
05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
I am so insanely jealous of you right now. The whole night just sounds perfect. Must have that dharma water!

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Goddamnit. That is awesome. I'm so jealous.

thestripe
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Awesome. Is it ok to hate you for this, Bliken? Like a jealous hate, not a hate hate.

Blinken
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes, jealous hate is perfectly fine.

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
God damnit. The ONLY thing that would have worried me would have been watching the episode with such a large audience and not getting to hear everything. I shouldn't second-guess hardcore Lost fans. Of course they're all in the same headspace.

That seriously sounds amazing. So beyond bummed. If I hadn't promised my friend I'd go to her record release show last night, I would have shown up hours ahead of time and just sat outside Royce asking everyone for extra tix.

Blinken
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
You really should have, the guy next to me and girl in front of me both scored someone's extra tickets. The audience was incredibly respectful, most of the cheering and applause took place during the "commercial breaks."

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I just read the spoilers from someone that attended the concert on DarkUFO.

WOW.

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 11:48 AM
why would you do that to yourself?!?

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 11:50 AM
it's lost avatar time. i encourage everyone to get on board. not no board the freighter though, because ya know, it's not penny's.

i also jealous hate you blink :)

i had lunch with a lost fan today. i'm still on the side that smokey is not JUST the man in black. in prior seasons he pointed out, the screenshots of the smoke monster show memories of a lot of other people the monster has attacked too.

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I can't help it. I have a disease.

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Here's some limited edition stuff for sale.

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/xrx/body.php?module=store&id=172

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 11:57 AM
http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/mrv-resources/product_image/momz.jpg

*nathan arizona voice*

people pay money for that?

Blinken
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
YES. Thanks, that was the stuff the had at the show. I just ordered the Hurley poster.

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/mrv-resources/product_image/totez.jpg

love it.

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Why did they superimpose those glasses on Ben?

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 12:06 PM
god damn those posters are expensive. i almost bought one until i saw that.

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
i shouldn't be buying shit like this right now, but i bought this shirt anyways:

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/mrv-resources/product_image/smokemonsterz.jpg

thanks for sharing the link :)

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah that was prob my fave shirt. I bought the tote.

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
i thought about the tote, but then quickly remembered i never use totes. i'm glad someone i know bought it though so i can live vicariously through you :)

tessalasset
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
i have way too many band totes. they're pretty much all i use on a constant basis. i don't have a Lost tote yet tho. :)

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 12:19 PM
I found the link looking for dharma water. I'll keep searching.

mindcradle
05-14-2010, 12:41 PM
It's the podcast I'VE been waiting for... My man Bill Simmons just posted a podcast he did with Cuse!

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5189433&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
my item was backordered :( this does not sound good!

atom heart
05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Just gonna throw this out here:

I think Claire is the only person Man in Black has cared for in any capacity since his childhood. Unless she has something else going on, there's literally no reason to have her around, and considering how cavalierly Man in Black kills people it seems like a choice on his part to keep her alive.

Considering Man in Black's past, Claire represents his mother-- his real mother. He might actually be sympathetic to her. On the other hand I don't know how Aaron factors into this and I could be wildly off-base.

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 03:08 PM
that's a very interesting take. i've always just looked at it as flocke having locke's memories of previously looking out for claire.

captncrzy
05-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I think Claire and Danielle were brought to the island because they were pregnant; Jacob was hoping for a replacement. I think that's why Ben kidnapped Alex as an infant-to keep her "clean" in case she turned out to be "special". I also think that's why they kidnapped Claire before she gave birth.

J~$$$$
05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I think Claire and Danielle were brought to the island because they were pregnant; Jacob was hoping for a replacement. I think that's why Ben kidnapped Alex as an infant-to keep her "clean" in case she turned out to be "special". I also think that's why they kidnapped Claire before she gave birth.

excellent.

So how does widmore and elloise and danielle all play into this scenario?

Cancersticks1
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
excellent.

So how does widmore and elloise and danielle all play into this scenario?

Seriously, I still want to know why Eloise seems to be omiscient.

J~$$$$
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I guess it all relates to Desmond. But Jacob and smokey/mib/flocke all seem to keep their distance from him. Again why couldn't Locke shoot Desmond in the well?

thestripe
05-14-2010, 03:34 PM

This is something I would never have thought of on my own. And it's kind of right there for everyone to see. Great theory. I really think you're on to something.

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2010, 03:49 PM
rock on, jen. facinating theory. was littleton was on the wheel after all. was rosseau?

as far as eloise and widmore, i just look at them as heavily invested stakeholders in the island. afterall, it took their son and most of their life. i think they just achieved alt-sideways enlightment a lot faster due to their own obsessions. just my opinion though.

as far as desmond, i have no freaking clue why he's so special. i've thought about it a lot too. mainly i think he's an exception because he truly couldn't care less about all this island business or power or anything like that, he just wants loOoOoOoOove. i dunno, that seems to easy, but it's all i can ever come up with. it would seem hoky if he had waltesque powers or something. who knows. i wonder how the whole freeing desmond mission will go down.

oOoOoOo, the backordered shirt has been shipped. i may have it by the finale. EXCELLENT.

Cancersticks1
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
rock on, jen. facinating theory. was littleton was on the wheel after all. was rosseau?

as far as eloise and widmore, i just look at them as heavily invested stakeholders in the island. afterall, it took their son and most of their life. i think they just achieved alt-sideways enlightment a lot faster due to their own obsessions. just my opinion though.

as far as desmond, i have no freaking clue why he's so special. i've thought about it a lot too. mainly i think he's an exception because he truly couldn't care less about all this island business or power or anything like that, he just wants loOoOoOoOove. i dunno, that seems to easy, but it's all i can ever come up with. it would seem hoky if he had waltesque powers or something. who knows. i wonder how the whole freeing desmond mission will go down.

oOoOoOo, the backordered shirt has been shipped. i may have it by the finale. EXCELLENT.

But when we first meet her in the ring shop she knows all these details about the future, including when the guy in red shoes was going to die. And she's the only one who knew how to get back to the island, even Widmore didn't know what to do there. Also, she wasn't only "alt-enlightened" she was saying things to the effect of being in on the construction of it, chiding Desmond for not acting how they expected him to. She just has all this strange knowledge that none of the other major players have, and it pisses me off that at this point that's not likely to be explained.

captncrzy
05-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Ok, so Desmond is special. Brother was special and was supposed to guard the island. Maybe Desmond is supposed to be Jacobs replacement? But can't be now because of his family? Maybe that's why Widmore sent him on the boat race==to get him away from Penny so he could take over for Jacob..?

ivankay
05-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Chris put this in the Next Time You Try to Look Hot Thread:

http://i42.tinypic.com/6f1kpv.jpg

suprefan
05-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Did you see my other one?

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4687/losth.jpg

ivankay
05-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Yes and it is funny, but the other one caused external laughter. But the more i look at the ICP one, it gets funnier. Fuckin' miracles.

signmeup
05-15-2010, 12:10 PM

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4687/losth.jpg

two of my friends in my lost watching group said that immediately after that scene, hahaha those are great

suprefan
05-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Fuckin' miracles.

http://i43.tinypic.com/99nzt2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/stopthief/Rock%20the%20Bells/magnets.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/stopthief/Rock%20the%20Bells/magnets.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/stopthief/Rock%20the%20Bells/magnets.gif

fikus222
05-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I got on board and changed my avatar in honor of LOST :)

captncrzy
05-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Someone at Dark UFO sort of expanded on my children theory today

Walt Lloyd - one of Lost's most mysterious characters, deserves some attention after the information we learned in "Across the Sea". This theory ties into one of Lost's major questions, "What is the significance of the children?" We witnessed the Others ruthlessly steal the children from the tail section's camp in the Season 2 Episode 7 "The Other 48 Days", and we immediately assumed they meant to do the children harm. However, the next and last time we see the children, they're safe with the Others. Since then, we have wondered what purpose did the Others have taking the children? It didn't stop there. They eventually took Walt. We knew that he was special, posessing certain telekinesis abilities (making the rare bird appear and fly into the window, having the polar bear appear, etc), but we didn't know why. Until now.

Season 6 Episode 15. Meet Claudia, an unfornate seafarer who washed up on the Island's shore. It's obvious she is pregnant, and she stumbles upon a crazy woman (Allison Janney) who pretends to help her, act as her midwife, and eventually kills Claudia after she births two boys. Claudia was killed to 'protect' the children - if she had been allowed to raise her own children, they would have been corrupted because she herself was corrupted from living in the civilized world for so long. Protectors of the island must be of the purest breed, bearing no ties to the civilized world. Flight 815 was brought down in an attempt to find a new replacement for Jacob, and young children (as well as unborn children, i.e. Aaron - more on that later) were suited to be the best candidates because of their purity. Within 3 days of the crash, the others had come in the night taking all of the children away from the tail section camp. We can assume that they were all potential candidates, but for whatever reason their candidacy was revoked, possibly because they did not meet Jacob's standards. Moving on to the next youngest, we have Walt in the main camp. Our losties in the front/middle section of the plane were pretty well fortified - established homes, weapons, and a tight knit community. They had to wait for the right moment to snatch Walt, and they did so on the boat when Michael tried to surf his way off the island.

However, the question arises as to whether or not the Others were aware of Walt's abilities or was he just another pure candidate. My guess is the former, and Jacob was aware of this as well. Perhaps Jacob assumed that since Walt already posessed unique powers, he was the chosen one. However something happened between the time the plane crashed and the time that Walt was taken - Walt grew to love his father. Walt even said to Michael - "I hate you," when Michael forbade him to hang out with Locke. But eventually Michael won over Walt's heart, and even though everybody was happy in Lloyd and Dawson town, this presented a problem for Jacob. Walt now had a 'tie' with his father, thus becomming unpure and unable to fulfil the duty of protector of the island. The protector has no other purpose in life other than watching over the island - no friends nor family. Jacob would not be able to pursuade Walt to take over beacuse Walt would not give up his newfound love of Michael to watch over some island.

Next up is Aaron, the youngest member of the island roster (Ji Yeon Kwon doesnt count - she wasnt born on the island). Aaron would have made an exceptional choice as island protector since he was a baby just like MiB and Jacob. Jacob knew this, and the injections they gave to Claire were to ensure Aaron's safety. However, MiB intervened, lured Claire away by posing as Christian, and disrupting the natural order of things. MiB as we know can't kill the Losties, so this was his logical move - to seperate the two, leaving Aaron with the Losties, having them care of Aaron and taking him with them when they left the island. This was the next best thing next to killing a baby - to get Aaron, the potential candidate, off the island for good.

APPLYING THIS THEORY TO THE REMAINING CANDIDATES

Flash to the wall in the cave with the names on it. We can rightfully assume that a few of the names were that of the children, but since there were no children left Jacob had to resort to the only ones he had left. Season 6 has been all about Jacob manipulating the last few candidates to fit the role of protector, and we must consider who is most likely to fit the bill. The most obvious choice is Jack, since he had no ties in the real world anymore, to the point where he almost committed suicide. He went from man of science to man of faith, believing whole heartedly that John Locke was correct in saying that he had to protect the island. Jack was the only one who refused to leave the island when everyone else was going on the submarine, which is exactly what Jacob wanted all along. Now all Jack has to do is 1) Kill MiB and 2) discover the awesome light under the island, realize its significance, and devote the rest of his life to protecting the island. no big deal, right?

sbessiso
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
just wanted to say that my friend lent me all the DVDs and im almost done with season one

tessalasset
05-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Good job, Salah! Welcome to the club. I hope you're enjoying it. Now get the hell out of this thread until you're finished!

I'm wondering now - when does Jacob decide he needs a replacement? Does a protector of the island just eventually get tired of doing it and decide to "retire"? Or was there something that happened that forced Jacob to start looking for a replacement? Obviously he's been looking for many centuries now.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Just purchased this tshirt....

top is back
bottom is front

http://media.threadless.com/product/2307/zoom.gif

Dogvolta
05-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Good job, Salah! Welcome to the club. I hope you're enjoying it. Now get the hell out of this thread until you're finished!

I'm wondering now - when does Jacob decide he needs a replacement? Does a protector of the island just eventually get tired of doing it and decide to "retire"? Or was there something that happened that forced Jacob to start looking for a replacement? Obviously he's been looking for many centuries now.

And what are we protecting the island from? It seems that the only people that come to the island are the ones that are "brought" there for the sole purpose of looking for a new protector...? And Jacob doesn't seem like much of a protector at all, he just kind of walks around smiling doing weird shit.

thestripe
05-17-2010, 07:39 AM
J, Lost avatar is demanded. At least until the show ends. And am I the only one who'd be happy not to have this thread cluttered with ICP gifs? Supre go be gay somewhere else. This is serious business.

thestripe
05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
And what are we protecting the island from? It seems that the only people that come to the island are the ones that are "brought" there for the sole purpose of looking for a new protector...? And Jacob doesn't seem like much of a protector at all, he just kind of walks around smiling doing weird shit.

From people going into the easy-bake oven. The light can't go out.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 07:43 AM

Wrong. The island is being protected from those that would exploit it. At first I could see Jacob was a dumbass, but has created a very elaborate game to choose the next candidate.

Dogvolta
05-17-2010, 07:45 AM
From people going into the easy-bake oven. The light can't go out.

Wrong. The island is being protected from those that would exploit it. At first I could see Jacob was a dumbass, but has created a very elaborate game to choose the next candidate.

Okay. What people though? For all that we know up to now, the only people that show up to the island are those that are "brought" onto the island. Isn't it hidden in some super complex secret coordinates or whatever?

EDIT: I guess people like Widmore know whats up with the island and its oven. So maybe that answers my question...

ivankay
05-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Testing...testing new avatar.

BlackSwan
05-17-2010, 07:50 AM
I am not changing my avatar, but that was a quite a WTF episode. And not WTF in a good way.

ivankay
05-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Aw, come on. Just for a little bit.

thestripe
05-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Do it.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 08:15 AM

well one problem with having a subscription to Entertainment Weekly is their non-stop Lost coverage so I kinda know whats gunna happen already. I saw season one and most of season 2 back when it was new but like a lot of other people I got frustrated and impatient with it but im giving it a second try. I just want to get to season 3 already, I hear thats when some real heavy shit starts.

and please answer me this.....is the time travel as cheesy and awful as it sounds? im dreading getting to that part

ivankay
05-17-2010, 08:17 AM
No cheese. Very cool part of the show.

captncrzy
05-17-2010, 08:34 AM
It's not cheesy. They aren't getting into a time traveling phone booth or anything.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 09:00 AM
I am now thinking that it was very important to show jack, kate and locke talking about "adam and eve" Time loops and reincarnation, space and time all play a critical role. Jack say the bodies and clothes have been there for what looks to be fifty years. Its possible that the time loops are getting smaller and smaller. It hurts my brain to even think about but, mirrors and water and ending and beginnings all have huge meanings in this show. It could be possible that they all have played this game of Lost time and time again, but we are seeing the final loop being played very quickly because Jacob has learned how to free his brother and end/win the game.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 09:02 AM
My avatar is invisible like the island.

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 09:45 AM
all of us are obsessing about this show weekly, buying merchandise and and changing our avatars because we find this show super cheesy and lame salah. just stop watching now.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
no need to get snippy here. i wouldnt be watching it if I wasnt enjoying myself

Down Rodeo
05-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Alright guys, I gave in. Avatar is changed.

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Now get the hell out of this thread until you're finished!

there's nothing we can say to answer your questions. you just have to watch to get the full lost experience. i encourage all who join this thread to get caught up first.

glad to have you on board, down rodeo. j$$$ could learn from your example ;)

Sexecutioner
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
is it tuesday yet?

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
EXCELLENT AVATAR. i'm so pumped. my girlfriend & i are making tee-shirts tomorrow too :x

i think i'm going to make a looking glass station dharma shirt with the numbers on the back.

tessalasset
05-17-2010, 01:02 PM
the closer we get to may 23rd the sadder i get. it's hitting me now. i'm REALLY going to miss this show. sad that the island isn't real.

tessalasset
05-17-2010, 01:02 PM
also this was a little creepy for me.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs338.ash1/29082_394858831895_30566281895_4255945_2462253_n.j pg

captncrzy
05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
EXCELLENT AVATAR. i'm so pumped. my girlfriend & i are making tee-shirts tomorrow too :x

i think i'm going to make a looking glass station dharma shirt with the numbers on the back.

While I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll make a lost-themed snack for your finale party.

thestripe
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm not getting any work done because of this. I've been sitting here trying to map out an ending for the damn thing. I'm getting such a headache going back and looking at all the information. Lostpedia has me all kinds of twisted.

The Good vs Evil thing. I want to buy in that Jacob is good, but this scene fucks with my head sooooooo bad. The part when Richard says "He told me that you are the Devil". Look at Jacob. Dude does not look bothered by that.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XiUNyetRm_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XiUNyetRm_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
i feel the same way, tessa and i'm sure young ben is even more creeped out than you!

jen, i also tried to think of some sort of lost dish and could only come up with peanut butter & boar. we will have dharma beer labels :)

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 01:57 PM
There you go jerks. Sunday it comes down.

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
YAY! excellent choice i might add :)

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 02:00 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk233/WrestlingClique/35cj69j.gif

I wanted this one but it said it was too big. Thats what she said. blue steel.

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 02:00 PM
i like that. very termintor. flocke is pretty much the T1000 to me now.

thestripe
05-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Woo WOO.

Somebody take this ice cold bitch.

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20090224/300.flanagan.fionnula.022409.jpg

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 02:01 PM
maybe desmond will make the smoke monster learn to cry through the power of love. you all should prepare to be stunned when i'm right.

captncrzy
05-17-2010, 02:02 PM
labels to download (for other things):

http://www.insanelygreattees.com/news/?p=28

Peanut butter cookies shaped like fish (for the fish biscuits)

Wine in glass decanters

Orange slices

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/lost_locke_orange1.jpg

Turkey sandwiches (little Ben brought Sayid a turkey sandwich)

Peanut butter spoons

A giant tub of ranch dressing

Tropical fruit salad (duh)

Fried Chicken (mr. clucks)

Hot pockets (LOL at Hurley throwing the hot pocket at Ben)

Alcohol minis

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 02:11 PM
i like these ideas and wish i was less broke and could stock up on alcohol minis especially. only two per customer.

my girlfriend & i are going to start early sunday and watch all the season finales from seasons 1-5 on netflix instant viewing. i am more excited for this than my birthday party lol.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
my girlfriend & i are going to start early sunday and watch all the season finales from seasons 1-5 on netflix instant viewing. i am more excited for this than my birthday party lol.

ooohhhh good idea.

tessalasset
05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Looks like ABC made them take down all the labels. That was quick.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 02:21 PM
OK, im going to get through these next seasons as fast as I can and when im done....i expect some answers

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 02:22 PM
instant streaming on netflix is your friend!!!! if you put your mind to it you can be ready for sunday!!! :)

and jen, i'd be willing to make cookies.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 02:32 PM
what am I doing online??? I should be getting LOST, im only on disc 1 of season 2!

oh before I go, it must be said.....Dr. Jack is the ultimate :cat

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 02:38 PM
as obnoxious as jack is, i fully would have been all over that if i were kate. fuck sawyer.

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/582994-2/matthew_fox_99.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/582999-2/matthew_fox_04.jpg

though after seeing the freighter, i would have cheated on him with keamy. rar. those fucking arms:

http://lost.cubit.net/assets_c/2008/05/4x11_keamy_gear_01-thumb-470x528.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__jb-TDvmP9Q/R-WJ0GYaNcI/AAAAAAAAATM/ZBdUPiwUGaQ/s400/Mercenary+Keamy.jpg

(apologies to $$$ and the)

tessalasset
05-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Ew Keamy is gross. It's ALL about Jack.

fancy restaurant
05-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Looks like ABC made them take down all the labels. That was quick.

once something is on the internets, its close to impossible to get it off.

http://maxpictures.com/weblog/2007/04/10/lost-labels-for-your-dharma-initiative-needs/

chairmenmeow47
05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
i'm having an unusually slow day and so i'm reading lostpedia. i thought this was an interesting part of the MIB entry:

Nine days later, the Man in Black appeared as spiders, biting and paralyzing Nikki. (Official Lost Podcast/March 21, 2008) ("Exposé")

wtf?!?! how random and senseless is that?!

fikus222
05-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Lame.

stinkbutt
05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
I remember reading that and thinking the same thing, that was just all around a bad episode

Sexecutioner
05-17-2010, 04:21 PM
once something is on the internets, its close to impossible to get it off.

http://maxpictures.com/weblog/2007/04/10/lost-labels-for-your-dharma-initiative-needs/

this site is awesome (i posted it a few pages back). last week we had a few friends over so i printed out a bunch of dharma labels for all kinds of shit...beer, wine, peanuts, refried beans, Lysol, etc. it was pretty fun, but my friends made fun of me for being such a lost dork, haha.

Sushov23
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
I remember reading that and thinking the same thing, that was just all around a bad episode

there has been a lot of bad episodes this season, and season 5.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 04:40 PM
damn i wish i hadnt gone onto lostpedia! i dont have the will power when it comes to spoilers

there has been a lot of bad episodes this season, and season 5.

time travel?

stinkbutt
05-17-2010, 05:18 PM
The time travel is well done, actually probably my favoritr thing from Lost was when they were time traveling. Also don't listen to Sushov, his taste sucks

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Seriously Sushov sucks more dick than you sebbs

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 05:36 PM
damn thats a lot of dick

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Thats one guy trying to insult another straight guy. gay jokes. manliness. I should take off my shirt and pretend to be Jack now.

If anything lostpedia actually helped me enjoy lost more, even if it is all spoilers. I didnt start watching lost until the end of season 2. I still haven't seen most of season one. Lostpedia has so many details it filled me in with everything I missed.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
stop distracting me! i need to get back to season 2. that ana lucia is such a bitch

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
do you want to know what happens next?

tessalasset
05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I just went to CVS and bought a six pack of both water and amber lager, a bottle of merlot, hersheys minis, 2 ltr of soda for the dharma labels. I'm gonna surprise my lost party next week. Also got black & white streamers.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 05:50 PM
awesome.

J~$$$$
05-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I think Im going to make a dharma jumpsuit for the finale.

sbessiso
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
is it possible for michelle rodriguez to play someone that ISNT a flaming bull dyke

captncrzy
05-17-2010, 07:26 PM
I'll bring some veggies and a giant tub of ranch dressing a la Costco.

tessalasset
05-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Salah she def ain't a lez in lost.

sbessiso
05-18-2010, 12:57 AM
im greatly anticipating her death :)

and ive been getting maybe a little too LOST, i had a really intense dream last night that I was trapped on an island

tessalasset
05-18-2010, 01:35 AM
SALAH DONT READ THIS.

oh shit. i hope this isn't a correct theory, but it definitely sounds plausible. or parts of it do at least.

Who shot at the outrigger in season five?
During one of season five’s nosebleed-inducing time jumps, Sawyer and his posse (including Juliet, Miles, Locke, Daniel and Charlotte) ended up in what now appears to be the show’s contemporary island timeline, as proved by a then-mysterious Ajira water bottle and an outrigger on the beach. When they boarded the outrigger and went out to sea, another canoe appeared, firing at them. Juliet fired back and appeared to hit one of the faraway assailants before another time jump whisked them away.
Likelihood of Answer: High. The show seems to have caught up with this time jump. Could this spell bad news for Ben, Richard and Miles, who will probably be the characters to board the other canoe on their way to blow up the Ajira airplane? And will a scene in which they’re fired upon make any sense for an audience who may have forgotten this incident from last season?

tessalasset
05-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Haha this just gets better and better.

If you were a guard on a submarine docked on the beach of magical island — a submarine that’s the only viable mode of transport off that island — what would your most important responsibility be?
We’d guess your main duty would be to make sure that the hatch is locked when your boss is out taking care of his inscrutable business. And your second-most important job would be to keep an eye on the only point of entry into the sub in the unlikely event some armed intruders tried to sneak in through that hatch. It’s all right there in your “So You’ve Decided To Become A Security Officer On A Mysterious Billionaire’s Submarine” orientation binder, after the section on Never Sitting With Your Back To A Door You Should Be Watching.

If a homicidal smoke monster inhabiting the body of one of your friends tells you he’s just helped you avoid being murdered while locked inside a tube-shaped conveyance you’d hoped to escape in, and then suggests that you all rush to lock yourselves inside another tube-shaped conveyance in hopes of escape, might you, at any point, stop and ask yourself, “I know this is crazy, but is that shady smoke dude, who just took about a hundred bullets to the chest with no ill effects but allowed himself to be elbowed off a dock, maybe up to no good here?”
Nah. Because: Wheeee, submarine ride!

http://www.movieline.com/2010/05/23-questions-about-lost-episode-614-the-candidate-answered.php?page=1

tessalasset
05-18-2010, 01:46 AM
this one made me laugh out loud.

What did Sayid say to Jack before running away with the bomb?
“It’s got to be you, Jack.” Or: “It’s going to be you, Jack.” Or? “I’m no longer an emotionless zombie, Jack. It’s time to redeem myself with a noble, if only mildly effective, act of self-sacrifice.” How could he be so annoyingly marble-mouthed at such a critical moment? Enunciate, man, it’s your final scene!

sbessiso
05-18-2010, 07:50 AM
SALAH DONT READ THIS.

I read it! But dont worry...it made ZERO sense to me (for now) :)

sbessiso
05-18-2010, 08:07 AM
UGH kate is the fucking WORST

thestripe
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Salad, you're srsly late in the game and there's going to be major spoilers posted in here. Not just guesses but actual spoilers. You have been warned.

sbessiso
05-18-2010, 08:14 AM
no thats ok, im fine with it. like i said im kinda familiar with the big stuff that happens, but still going along for the ride.

also just trying to get some face time before the finale and this thread adds another 100+ pages of discussion :)

i hate how the group just sort of automatically accepts the number code/pushing the button every 108 minutes. i would have been like FUCK THAT SHIT

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
i hate how the group just sort of automatically accepts the number code/pushing the button every 108 minutes. i would have been like FUCK THAT SHIT

dude, you are like 4 years behind, please stop ruining this thread and stfu.

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I just went to CVS and bought a six pack of both water and amber lager, a bottle of merlot, hersheys minis, 2 ltr of soda for the dharma labels. I'm gonna surprise my lost party next week. Also got black & white streamers.

here is another site with all those same labels, but it's got some extra goodies at the end too, just in case you want to get extra nerdy for the finale parties, you can print out drive shaft cd covers, and some various ID badges.

http://www.thx-trailer.com/replica/lost/lost_dharma_initiative_food_labels_all-in-one/lost2.htm

J~$$$$
05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Im actually pissed that dharma turned out to be a bunch of bullshit.

J~$$$$
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Same with Hanso and Paik. Unless we see something in the finale.

tessalasset
05-18-2010, 10:16 AM
So I officially didn't get tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Aloha to Lost on Sunday. But I guess I got the second best. I got 1 ticket to see Josh Holloway there on Thurs and I got 2 tickets to see Damon and Carlton there on Friday. Woohoo!

captncrzy
05-18-2010, 10:31 AM
dude, you are like 4 years behind, please stop ruining this thread and stfu.

kinda dickish, bro. I command you cease immediately.

chairmenmeow47
05-18-2010, 11:37 AM
the button was so four years ago.

still sounds like fun, tessa. lost has gotten me to watch a few episodes of jimmy kimmel and it's not too bad. i equate all of those shows with the larry sanders show and find them hard to watch, but kimmel cracks me up sometimes. seems worth sitting for to get some lost talk :)

thestripe
05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm still pushing the button.

FUCK. Tonight is the last regular episode EVER! This is all happening so fast. MiB needs to accept his duty as Island security and get the fuck over it. He's turning the Island into a Clusterfuck. He needs to get back to work and keep scumbags like Widmore from taking a dip in the world’s best Jacuzzi.

thestripe
05-18-2010, 12:06 PM
J, Dharma was there to change the variables in the number sequence. Save the world type stuff. It's out'a their hands now.

Damon
Here's the story with numbers. The Hanso Foundation that started the Dharma Initiative hired this guy Valenzetti to basically work on this equation to determine what was the probability of the world ending in the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis. Valenzetti basically deduced that it was 100 percent within the next 27 years, so the Hanso Foundation started the Dharma Initiative in an effort to try to change the variables in the equation so that mankind wouldn't wipe itself out.

chairmenmeow47
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
i'm glad dharma isn't the end all answer to everything. i like that they were just a bunch of high strung scientists. it will be kinda cool if MIB is really the chosen one, sort of like anakin. CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT! i don't know what i'm going to do with my tuesdays after this week :(

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
kinda dickish, bro. I command you cease immediately.

yes ma'am. seriously though, he can go ruin the rest of the board with with his inane bullshit ramblings, but please for the love of god can we just keep this one thread pure?

btw, surprised nobody has posted this yet: http://www.fathomevents.com/OriginalPrograms/event/TimesTalks_LOST.aspx

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
it will be kinda cool if MIB is really the chosen one, sort of like anakin.

uuuh, actually anakin wasnt the chosen one. luke was.

thestripe
05-18-2010, 12:16 PM
EDIT: Foot in Mouth.

chairmenmeow47
05-18-2010, 12:24 PM
uuuh, actually anakin wasnt the chosen one. luke was.

that's up for debate ;) anakin could be considered the chosen one, because ultimately HE kills the emperor, not luke. and i like that interpretation way more. the chosen one should have a dark and difficult journey, and not be born full of wussy plur & zero conflicts, like luke & jacob.

OnlyNonStranger
05-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Oh, Anakin was the chosen one and not because Luke didn't have a dark and difficult journey. Which he did, just not so much in the movies. Even though he basically had to learn how to use the force by himself. Anakin was the chosen one because he brought balance to the force, just not the way the Jedi interpreted it.

/nerd

chairmenmeow47
05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
that's how i see it too, with regard to anakin anyway. luke didn't restore shit. i'm just saying anakin is a way more interesting "chosen one" than luke ever was.

thestripe
05-18-2010, 12:57 PM
The shitty prequels were made just to get that point across.

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
not sure i agree with that. he might have killed the emperor, but only because luke brought out the good in him. without luke, anakin would have remained evil forever. i say luke was the chosen one who brought balance to the force. guess you could interpret it either way though, but anakin was a fuckin pussy who couldnt control his emotions. luke faced evil more than once and never gave in like bitch ass anakin.

Blinken
05-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I was just reading Doc Jensen's column from Sunday where he discusses his theory linking Dharma and Jacob. Basically that Jacob was a fan of Dharma, or at least the communal aspect of them. That is why he had Richard make a treaty with them, hoping that they would become enlightened with more time on the island.

That got me thinking about the time travel last season, I think Jacob sent everyone back in time to set off Jughead. Radzinsky got to close to finding the light, and Jacob needed a way to end it. Jughead gives the added advantage of being a deterrent to further exploration.

I know that the first set of time travelers, Sawyer et al., was actually sent back in time by Smoky/Christian. But I think that Jack was sent by Jacob to both counter act whatever plan MIB was running with Sawyer's group and break Radzinsky's ruthless search for answers.

thestripe
05-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Even though he's bat-shit crazy, Doc Jenson has some cool links to pass the time.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/lost-countdown-why-they-died/?ew%5FpackageID=20313460

Including this Flocke painting by Marilyn Manson.

http://flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/marilyn-manson-john-locke2.png

captncrzy
05-18-2010, 01:32 PM
yes ma'am.

This, by the way, is the proper way to address me.

kitt kat
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST OVER

invisiblerobots
05-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Damn, I'm gonna miss those Ack Attack recaps too: http://www.theackattack.net/?p=1885

thestripe
05-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I've never read that blog before. This made me laugh.

Boys: But we’re people too, will we hurt/destroy/corrupt each other?
Woman: I’ve made it so you can never hurt each other.
Boys: Oh!
Audience: No, not, “Oh!” PLZ TO BE EXPLAINING THIS. THANKS.

Sexecutioner
05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/Lost002.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/Lost004.jpg

thestripe
05-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Awesome.

atom heart
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
After being vaguely irritated for much of this season now I'm getting really sad. To the point even of missing Jacob's weird smug smile.

Also, good to see Ben getting back to his tricks again. To anyone who didn't read the little interview of Henry Ian Cusick a while back, if you notice a bluish bruise on Ben's face, that's a real black eye. Cusick accidentally clocked Emerson in the last shot of that scene.

sbessiso
05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
yes ma'am. seriously though, he can go ruin the rest of the board with with his inane bullshit ramblings, but please for the love of god can we just keep this one thread pure?

can you stop being a piece of shit? youre making me sound like brokendoll, motherfucker. im watching the show as fast as I can

captncrzy
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I'd bet my next check that Juliet is David's mom.

It's all going to hit the fan at the museum. Benefit concert at the museum=Jack and Claire (and Juliet), Miles, Miles' dad, Charlotte, Faraday, Hawking, Kate, Sawyer, Hugo, Sayid, Desmond...and I assume Desmond is going to get Charlie there.

J~$$$$
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I dont want it to have a happy ending, or to be over.

BobCaygeon
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd bet my next check that Juliet is David's mom.

When I saw that Family Matters taped a show in Hawaii, I was sure it was because Julie Bowen had to make a return appearance on Lost. So far I'm not wrong. We'll see on Sunday...

Cancersticks1
05-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Credit goes to my fiance and my friend, but they will burn Adam's (MIB's) ashes to destroy him, and Rose and Bernard (and Vincent) rescued Desomond.

J~$$$$
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
cmon snoop is that a spoiler? I have heard rumors.

Cancersticks1
05-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Snoop?