PDA

View Full Version : LOST!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

tessalasset
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh I just remembered, Charlie's brother Liam was at my local bar Friday night. He was looking super sexy. He was sitting up at the bar talking with a male friend the whole night. I made eye contact with him numerous times throughout the night. I was wearing an Avett Brothers shirt - I wonder if he's a fan.

http://www.driveshaftband.com/Liam1.jpg

i forgot to tell you guys, I saw Liam AGAIN at my OTHER local bar (this one is 2 blocks from my apt) saturday evening. that must mean he lives around me which is fucking rad. he looked hot again. i just laughed. and i happened to be wearing my avett brothers shirt, which means i now officially have a lucky shirt. i took a camera phone pic of him from our table, which is probably the worst picture i've ever taken in my life. my friend is a waitress there and offered to go around the bar to take a picture of him but i didn't care enough. i just love that he lives by me.

http://photos-c.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1978/227/57/81500275/n81500275_31170210_6836.jpg

captncrzy
01-29-2009, 06:25 PM
yeeeeeeeeuuuuuummmmmmyyyyyyy

digitaldragon03
01-29-2009, 08:43 PM
it must suck to not have free will.
Coincidently, none of the characters on Lost have free will either. lol.

ivankay
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Coincidently, none of the characters on Lost have free will either. lol.

bwah. Maybe Desmond does if Daniel isn't pulling his chain to get him to go along with a chain of events.

Courtney
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM
You know the location where the shoot the Oxford scenes? That's where I park for work every single day now. Weird.

Also, late to the game, but omg! Widmore! Bomb! Richard and Juliet being all mysterious!

tessalasset
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Is that the church/school by downtown? The same one where Charlie and Liam argued about the band?

thestripe
02-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Pumped.

PotVsKtl
02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/jimmy234_2006/ILoveU2.jpg

BobCaygeon
02-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, that was a heck of a finish. I didn't think he'd be back. Kinda glad we're also going to see that one missing back story too.

Courtney
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Is that the church/school by downtown? The same one where Charlie and Liam argued about the band?

Yes that's the one. They sadly haven't been filming here since I started my job, though.

kitt kat
02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
USC can be absolutely reatrded at times. How could they frown upon one of the best shows in television history? Is it that you only watch what is assigned? Or did the discussion of what's excellent on television never come up? How does the the USC program "frown" upon it? i can't fanthom any people who appreciate the craft of telling stories through a visual medium poo pooing Lost if they actually watched it. If they don't watch it and frown on it, tells you a lot about what kind of teachers they are.

And you really should stop watching and start watching from the beginning.

They say it's "too plot heavy" and "too ridiculous" and "cult-like." All valid reasons. I mean, I watch it to veg out, not to think. It's mass-marketed TV. Hooray!

bliss209
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
i wonder if its the dark eye liner that keep richard albert so young looking after all these years???

Tosh0
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
richard is jakobs son
there i said it.

Young blood
02-04-2009, 08:41 PM
They say it's "too plot heavy" and "too ridiculous" and "cult-like." All valid reasons. I mean, I watch it to veg out, not to think. It's mass-marketed TV. Hooray!

yes, because there are so many shows on tv that dare to be different.

Young blood
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Jin and Rousseau=awesome. Im glad Juliette is going to die. I want to know which lostie/other juliette shot on the other boat.

sddoctor
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Jin and Rousseau=awesome. Im glad Juliette is going to die. I want to know which lostie/other juliette shot on the other boat.

Could it be possible that they jumped to a point in the future, meaning "post-island disappearance"? Possibly the Widmore Group people coming after the Oceanic Six?

shakermaker113
02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm watching lost on air for the first time ever.

and posting during the advert breaks.

this time travel thing has basically given them license to fuck with the story endlessly. for some reason it reminds me of playing myst. or was it riven? those were bizarre.

Young blood
02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Where the fuck is bernard and rose? I hate those two. Always hiding and shit.

shakermaker113
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
HA! it's Rousseau. awesome. and was that who I think it was?

shakermaker113
02-04-2009, 10:04 PM
damn she's young.

corbo
02-04-2009, 10:11 PM
WTF? how did Jin trime travel if he wasnt on the island?

Monklish
02-04-2009, 10:13 PM

You're a goddamn idiot. And apparently everyone at your school is a goddamn idiot too. Not surprising.

On a sidenote, OH MY GOD I FUCKING HATE JACK AND KATE SO MUCH. Jesus Christ, all it ever is with those two cunts is some on-the-verge-of-tears face and shouting something like, "No, we have to--." If I was Ben I would just start knocking people THE FUCK OUT the instant they went into some annoying acting class moment. I wouldn't have bothered trying to convince the assholes, just applied unconsciousness and thrown them on a boat.

fikus222
02-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I was about to declare shenanigans on this episode, since all it did was confirm everything that I had already suspected (Ben being behind the Lawyer and Jin being alive) and then they went ahead and put Jin in with Rousseau's past...tre cool.

Oh yeah and Lost Untangled is utter crap.

corbo
02-04-2009, 10:14 PM
agreed. Jack annoys me to no end. they really should just KILL him

bballarl
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh hey, I'm Miles. I am Dr. Marvin Candle's child.

fikus222
02-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh hey, I'm Miles. I am Dr. Marvin Candle's child.

Good call, but why is Charlotte sick?

sddoctor
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Good call, but why is Charlotte sick?

I remember something about Charlotte having recollection of being on the island before when they first introduced the freighter team, she mentioned it to Faraday when they first got to the island...anyone remember that?

I think she is another Dharma child, just like Miles may be...it's obvious her and Miles have had longer exposure to the island as Faraday expressed on tonight's episode.

tessalasset
02-04-2009, 11:41 PM

thanks for that nonchalant slap in the face there.

bballarl
02-04-2009, 11:45 PM
A friend of mine was mentioning that he thinks Faraday is Ben's kid. I suppose it is possible. Weirder things have happened.

ivankay
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Those are not valid reasons. This shows a total lack of understanding of the show as story, it's success and influence. "Too" is used improperly. To use it is to suggest the show is failing because of those descriptors following is hogwash.

How are the numerous plots of the show degrading the story telling? People who follow the show might tell someone it's one of the things they like about the show. One of the things i enjoy and admire is how the plots all come together. This is not a monkey banging on a type writer.

"Too ridiculous"? If you gave up on the show because you weren't getting answers quick enough, that might come out of your mouth. If your with it now and see how weird things of the past make sense now through an explanation much later, it's not ridiculous is the world of Lost. This is science fiction, thriller, cliff hanger material and if their pulling out the "That's doesn't happen..." reason to label it ridiculous is in it's self, ridiculous.

"Cult Like" is a weak critique of the show. Audience reaction should be studied in a film/television program, but should not weigh too heavily in the examination of the value of the work. You shouldn't say a band sucks because their fans are rabid. They should suck because they perform terribly and have shitty songs. Same goes for movies and tv. i suppose the ones that use "cult like" consider the Star Trek and Star Wars (like anyone at SC would bag on George) movies lesser because of their passionate fan base. "Cult Like" in a film course should be a curiosity that is studied and appreciated, not diminished.

If your teachers are seriously this snobby in their "opinions" about a brilliant show such as Lost, then it also stinks of sour grapes. i hope you are misrepresenting them. USC's film program is top notch. To have staff who have these types of lame presentations of what works and doesn't by ignoring the obvious success of a show would take a little shine off.

billypilgrimisunstuck
02-05-2009, 01:25 AM
For those confused about how spacetime is utilized on the show:

www.dangerousminorities.blogspot.com

p.s. Reading on some of the reactions to an earlier poster's comment about how teachers at USC feel the show is inferior due to those obviously logically fallible reasons, I'd like to add that the physics courses I took while attending Cal focused on Lost as a tangible example of how space and time are viewed by popular thinkers. Lost was also discussed in a philosophy course I took on empiricism. Lost, of course, was discussed in a film and television class I took based primarily on convergence culture and new mass media. So if you're coming out of high school, just got into Cal and USC and can't decide which one to go to...this should make it easier.

apostle2
02-05-2009, 04:27 AM
I was going to post some rude shit for kk, but instead I will just second ivankay's words.

I went to SC's main east coast competition, and statements like hers are the main reason I chose to go there and then come out to LA AFTER graduation

Tylerdurden31
02-05-2009, 05:26 AM
I actually slapped myself in the forehead when rousseau and jin were talking.

ivankay
02-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Meeting Rousseau got me wondering about Jin encounters in the future. Did they have very many (if any at all)? If so, did she recognize him? i can't clearly remember any scenes with the two right now.

Tylerdurden31
02-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Meeting Rousseau got me wondering about Jin encounters in the future. Did they have very many (if any at all)? If so, did she recognize him? i can't clearly remember any scenes with the two right now.

i don't remember any in particular, but I think now...since they'll probably have them run into each other again, she'll remember him.

BTW, sunburned lips look painful

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Where the fuck is bernard and rose? I hate those two. Always hiding and shit.

i keep wondering the same thing. i really hope juliet is dying and i hope charlotte goes soon too, both are worthless. and yeah, i think miles is the doctor's son too, i thought of this thread during the episode last night, good call on that.

jack and kate annoy me mostly because their conversations always consist of one or the other witholding information. my friend and i laughed at how excited she got when jack asked her to lie, lol "finally, something i'm good at!!!"

so did ben send that guy to get sayyid? who was that? seems like another tactic to scare the losties back to the island. you guys were right about ben hiring the dicks to get kate and aaron's blood too, good call!!!

jin being alive is lame. there, i said it. totally and utterly lame. i hope they do something cool with young danielle too, but again, why did she not recognize jin at all? you'd think finding some random korean guy in the ocean after you yourself are stranded in the ocean would be memorable. unless it's like faraday visiting desmond where it hasn't "happened" yet, so she would only remember just now if she was alive.

i also really hope they don't spend the entire season trying to get back to the island. last night was kinda "meh" for me, but i'm sure next week will be better. oh, and vincent better not be dead or i will cut a bitch.

i wonder where the indian airline bottled water came from, perhaps there is another crash at some point?

and kat, either watch seasons 1-4 or stop posting in this thread. this is a thread for dedicated fans and this show is not something you can just step into in the 5th season. we've said this to people before, so it's not personal, just please leave this thread until you've caught up.

BeHereNOW
02-05-2009, 08:20 AM
lol, when they were in the indian boat being chased in the ocean by who knows they time-traveled and Sawyer screaming "thank god!" and then taking it back

when they time-traveled by the ocean in the boat and the boat stayed with them in a different period of time, wtf.... they should've been throwed in the ocean with no boat... this show could go in aaaaaaaaaany direction by now....

Young blood
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah I wish had stayed dead. It was a great way to kill him off. Like Mike said it was kind of one of those facepalm moments. It was cool to see Rousseau in the past, but the could have done it without Jin.

Im guessing that those indian boats belong to the oceanic 6 getting back to the island. Probably not.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Im guessing that those indian boats belong to the oceanic 6 getting back to the island. Probably not.

not a bad theory. perhaps they went forward in time to that moment, but yeah, who did juliet shoot? it was hilarious watching them all paddle fast once they started getting shot at. and i hope her and sawyer don't hook up either, she needs to back off the whole sloppy seconds thing :p

i'm just glad they finally killed off the extras. you know they got sick of writing them in every season, lol.

it seems like faraday's spent a lot of time on this island too, so why isn't he as affected? why aren't the others affected? at this point it seems really random as to who's affected by the temporal displacement. i'm going to do some research today (including the link above) on that cause as of now, there isn't much rhyme or reason. and how does the hatch & jughead play into the side effects?

Young blood
02-05-2009, 08:47 AM
http://www.ajiraairways.com/

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:50 AM
interesting concept:

Get lost in the world with groundbreaking promotions like Destination: Destiny that keeps your flight destination a mystery until you get there. We’re changing the way people think about travel - this isn’t vacation, this is your life... escaped. Let us deliver your destination by revealing your destiny.

ivankay
02-05-2009, 08:51 AM
i thought Faraday wasn't affected because he came in contact with his constant. The same way Desmond got a'ight when he got in touch with Penny, Daniel is cool becaue he had contact with Desmond.

i don't think it would be the Oceanic 6 in the other boat. Why would they shoot at the other boat?

shakermaker113
02-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I remember something about Charlotte having recollection of being on the island before when they first introduced the freighter team, she mentioned it to Faraday when they first got to the island...anyone remember that?

I think she is another Dharma child, just like Miles may be...it's obvious her and Miles have had longer exposure to the island as Faraday expressed on tonight's episode.

I thought the implication was that the more time they spent on the island the less they suffered?

lol, when they were in the indian boat being chased in the ocean by who knows they time-traveled and Sawyer screaming "thank god!" and then taking it back

when they time-traveled by the ocean in the boat and the boat stayed with them in a different period of time, wtf.... they should've been throwed in the ocean with no boat... this show could go in aaaaaaaaaany direction by now....

I hope they don't make a running joke out of sawyer's remarks as they time travel. and yeah I thought the same thing about the boat. I guess it's not what was with them when they originally time travelled, but what is with them each time they time travel? in which case that original boat wouldn't have gone anywhere after the first flash. why they expected it to be there I have no idea.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Was last night a new show? My DVR didn't have it set to record and when I looked at the info on the episode the description looked like a past episode so I didn't record it. DAMNIT!!! Luckily I can watch it online.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
i thought Faraday wasn't affected because he came in contact with his constant. The same way Desmond got a'ight when he got in touch with Penny, Daniel is cool becaue he had contact with Desmond.

i don't think it would be the Oceanic 6 in the other boat. Why would they shoot at the other boat?

that could be the case; however faraday makes it sound like desmond is special for some reason, so i don't get it. you're probably right that the constant is the reason though.

the oceanic 6 might not have taken the boat and shot at them, that just might be where the boat came from. i don't think whoever was shooting at the losties knew who they were shooting at either. it could have been others, freighter people, army people, people we haven't met yet, but i wanna know!!!

yes it was new, loca. shoot your dvr!!!

locachica73
02-05-2009, 08:57 AM
My TV in my room which the DVR is on has a tube out on it. They said it would cost more to fix it then to get a new tv. I just haven't had extra money to buy a new tv so I don't mind watching Lost on my laptop, the dark scenes show up alot better then on my tv. Whenever they are trudging through the forest I can't tell who the hell is who.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 09:05 AM
the dark scenes are annoying on the high def in the living room too. the remote is like a computer though and i am too afraid to play with it and never get it back to my roommate's preferred settings.

BeHereNOW
02-05-2009, 09:10 AM
anything can broad up anything from the time travel, crazy.... for all i know by the next ep jin will end up hook up with rose and shyte

sddoctor
02-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I thought the implication was that the more time they spent on the island the less they suffered?

No I think you have it backward...The more time you had on the island, the faster you begin to show symptoms...Charlotte--->Miles--->Juliet.

Faraday makes an inquisitive remark to Miles about how long they've actually been exposed to the island...thus, the theories that Miles and Charlotte were babies during the Dharma initiative beginnings on the island.

Faraday doesn't show symptoms, because he has that whole constant thing with Desmond and I think he's somehow adverse to the side effects now.

Next will be Sawyer, but I don't think Locke will have symptoms, the island will protect him.

Courtney
02-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Oh wham. Amazing. Rousseau. Jin. What is Sun going to do with that gun?

Well now at least I know why I keep seeing Jin in Honolulu, at my gym.

Also why did the outrigger canoes not disappear when the time flash came? I am so confused as to why certain objects travel through time while others do not.

this is a thread for dedicated fans and this show is not something you can just step into in the 5th season. we've said this to people before, so it's not personal, just please leave this thread until you've caught up.

I'm going to be contrarian here and say that I think it's fine that people who aren't total and complete die-hard fans post comments, even if they haven't seen absolutely every single episode. Sure, they're not going to have the depth of knowledge to be able to understand every possible plot point and implication, but it doesn't mean that they can't/shouldn't join in the discussion. Afterall, Randy was known to post a snarky comment or two here as well before he had seen the back episodes. This is a message board which, whether we like it or not, is open to all. If you want a closed Lost discussion, you could start a members-only social group.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 09:56 AM
and people told randy to get out or ignored his comments for the most part. it's just annoying to sift through comments that have nothing to do with the current plot of the show. like when other people started posting after watching a few episodes from the first season, they stopped, watched everything and came back once they were caught up. i just don't understand why anyone would want to join the discussion if they aren't caught up on the plot up to this point.

if people want to answer kat's questions that the rest of us already know because we've been watching, go for it. i'm just letting her know it's not going to be a friendly place for her until she catches up and i don't want this to be another "fight with kat" thread.

ivankay
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
my friend at werk is wondering how Jin's English dramatically improved since the time he was on the freighter. i'm not sure his English improved that much, but he's insisting Jin is an English scholar all the sudden. Jin's English was about the same at the time he was on the freighter, right?

How long do you think he was floating out there for? i think it can't be more than a few days. How long have they been wandering through the time flashes since Ben left the Island? About a couple of days i would say.

Who's the daddy of Rousseau's baby?

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
the jin english thing has bothered me since he magically knew the word for "affair". it's just funny that they take an english korean actor and make him fluent in korean and then take a korean actress and try to make her awesome at english.

and how much time has it been, good question. in their time, only a few days. island time? real time? i don't think we know.

ivankay
02-05-2009, 10:14 AM
i attempted to chalk the English improvement to the Island. The Island can help people heal faster than normal and make them stong like the others. i think the Others' strength dimishing with time was a perception thing with the Oceanic surviviors cathing up in strength as time went on. So maybe the Island makes you smarter too.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
my friend at werk is wondering how Jin's English dramatically improved since the time he was on the freighter. i'm not sure his English improved that much, but he's insisting Jin is an English scholar all the sudden. Jin's English was about the same at the time he was on the freighter, right?

How long do you think he was floating out there for? i think it can't be more than a few days. How long have they been wandering through the time flashes since Ben left the Island? About a couple of days i would say.

Who's the daddy of Rousseau's baby?

My memory isn't what it use to be but if I remember right she got prego on the submarine so the father would have to be one of the other guys on the submarine that went crazy once they got to the island.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 10:25 AM
i attempted to chalk the English improvement to the Island. The Island can help people heal faster than normal and make them stong like the others. i think the Others' strength dimishing with time was a perception thing with the Oceanic surviviors cathing up in strength as time went on. So maybe the Island makes you smarter too.

that, and when learning a foreign language, we tend to understand what we're hearing first before we can speak and all that. like i only listened to a little bit of a german audio instructional cd when i went to switzerland, but i was able to understand a lot of what i heard. that may be due to cognates though. still, it's easier to understand what you're listening to when learning a new language than it is to speak or write it.

Young blood
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
This show is seriously mind fucking me.

I want to go back to this....

JkxieS-6WuA
ySBaYMESb8o

Cancersticks1
02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh wham. Amazing. Rousseau. Jin. What is Sun going to do with that gun?

Well now at least I know why I keep seeing Jin in Honolulu, at my gym.

Also why did the outrigger canoes not disappear when the time flash came? I am so confused as to why certain objects travel through time while others do not.

I'm going to be contrarian here and say that I think it's fine that people who aren't total and complete die-hard fans post comments, even if they haven't seen absolutely every single episode. Sure, they're not going to have the depth of knowledge to be able to understand every possible plot point and implication, but it doesn't mean that they can't/shouldn't join in the discussion. Afterall, Randy was known to post a snarky comment or two here as well before he had seen the back episodes. This is a message board which, whether we like it or not, is open to all. If you want a closed Lost discussion, you could start a members-only social group.

Yeah, apparently the rules they are using mean that during each flash, whatever they have with them goes with them, thus the canoe went with them, and Charlotte & Miles still had their hands tied. Stupid rules in my opinion, cause wheres the line? If they're in a hatch do they bring the hatch back in time? Or end up underground?

As far as the Jin/Rousseau thing, I can't really think of any specific point in the show that they have come face to face. She spent lots of time with Sayid, Claire, Kate, and a few others. But Jin was either on the raft or elsewhere when she was around, and though he's aware of her, I don't think anyone mentioned him to her. So that meeting doesn't really bother me.

I have to agree that Ben at this point is trying to hard to encourage the O6 to go back in a roundabout mysterious way. Fucking face it, trying to sweet talk them isn't going to work. Blackmailing them anonymously isn't going to make their first thought be "well, back to monster island with me." He should be knocking them the fuck out one by one and dealing with the reasons later.

And finally, I've been watching through all the seasons (yet again) and noticed a detail I'd always missed before. When Sun gets the pregnancy test from Sawyer, its from Whidmore Labs. That would be the first time that name comes up, we hadn't even heard of Penny at that point.

Young blood
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
If this turns out to be some total recall shit. Im going to cut somebody.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 12:14 PM
good catch on the pregnancy test. randy pretty much said the same thing last night about just knocking people out and taking them back to the island.

and cancer, are you on LJ? i think you responded to my lineup post saying you weren't going, bummer, we should have a lost meet-up at coachella this year or a lost tent or something :p

and youngblood, get your ass to mars.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
They say that if you're completely immersed in a foreign language you can become fluent in a matter of weeks. Just sayin'.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Mike mentioned in another thread that he was bummed we didn't have a lost discussion last weekend. I am kind of surprised it never came up too. My sister is a huge fan as well so she would be totally up for a lost tent/meetup/discussion as well.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
They say that if you're completely immersed in a foreign language you can become fluent in a matter of weeks. Just sayin'.

this is true too. my korean roommate at boarding school answered "yes" when i asked her what instrument she played the first night. within a week she could have conversations with me about my day and such.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Mike mentioned in another thread that he was bummed we didn't have a lost discussion last weekend. I am kind of surprised it never came up too. My sister is a huge fan as well so she would be totally up for a lost tent/meetup/discussion as well.

mikey watches lost? WHY DIDN'T HE SAY SO?!?!?!

locachica73
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I am kind of shocked he hasn't ever posted in this thread. We will have to direct him. :)

Randy, My ex was from Mexico and lived here in the US, I became more fluent in spanish then he did in english while married. But that was because I am too nice and didn't force him to speak english and always took care of everything for him. After we divorced he became more fluent. It just depends on the person and their desire to learn I suppose.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
See, I told you you're Mexican, Loca.

Cancersticks1
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
good catch on the pregnancy test. randy pretty much said the same thing last night about just knocking people out and taking them back to the island.

and cancer, are you on LJ? i think you responded to my lineup post saying you weren't going, bummer, we should have a lost meet-up at coachella this year or a lost tent or something :p

and youngblood, get your ass to mars.

Yeah, we're going to pass this year, not that the lineup is no good or anything, Throbbing Gristle, MBV, and Leonard Cohen would be great. But when all is said and done the trip costs my girlfriend and I like $2,000, and there are too many things we want/places we haven't been. I get basically one vacation a year, and it's been the same place for several years. Time for something new.

cloud9
02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
wel guy wa t do thinked is i n the st ore for su nex wek? ho w do thinked they are goin to get hew-go out of jil ? wil he be let og bcase he is inocent ? do thinked someon who run the jil is of improtanince ? hm also thinked liby wil maked a cojugal visi t if know what i men hehe desmin shold be show up in la any tim now als oth tis a cgood call on mile bein a son of darma s intatve . hm ther so many ting to quetin this pont but my nose hapin to bebledin riht now wil have to tlk to gu y later hehe :dumbo
ps did reverr rely kno wat the poler ber is doin o n the ilan d with walt cold som1 remine me of this? thnk guy

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
i totally understand, just wanted to verify that was in fact you on LJ :)

i now want a lost camping group with a hatch and dharma initiative food :(

Cancersticks1
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
wel guy wa t do thinked is i n the st ore for su nex wek? ho w do thinked they are goin to get hew-go out of jil ? wil he be let og bcase he is inocent ? do thinked someon who run the jil is of improtanince ? hm also thinked liby wil maked a cojugal visi t if know what i men hehe desmin shold be show up in la any tim now als oth tis a cgood call on mile bein a son of darma s intatve . hm ther so many ting to quetin this pont but my nose hapin to bebledin riht now wil have to tlk to gu y later hehe :dumbo
ps did reverr rely kno wat the poler ber is doin o n the ilan d with walt cold som1 remine me of this? thnk guy

Yes?

Cancersticks1
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
i totally understand, just wanted to verify that was in fact you on LJ :)

i now want a lost camping group with a hatch and dharma initiative food :(

Hell yes Dharma Churros!

locachica73
02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
OK my eyes hurt from cloud9's post but I read it all and even understood it. I have been around here way too long. a hatch and dharma food would be fabulous. hmmm I may have to look into this.

Randy, I have been called worse, in the last 20 minutes probably. So I will agree, I am mexican by association.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
And Courtney, stop coddling Kat. Fuck her. When I was heckling it was funny. When some twerp comes in relating how USC feels that THINGS ARE TOO FUCKING PLOT DRIVEN they can go to hell.

cloud9
02-05-2009, 12:48 PM
And Courtney, stop coddling Kat. Fuck her. When I was heckling it was funny. When some twerp comes in relating how USC feels that THINGS ARE TOO FUCKING PLOT DRIVEN they can go to hell.

rely dod nt need kno how to kno how usc fell aobut lost . wold maybe like to lern from cambridged univrsity think the y have sum fact of a daniel fergety stil workin the e in scient dpemtnrmtn

Young blood
02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
goddammit. I want t tt t tt tt 2222222 to throw rocks at you.

kitt kat
02-05-2009, 01:35 PM
If your teachers are seriously this snobby in their "opinions" about a brilliant show such as Lost, then it also stinks of sour grapes. i hope you are misrepresenting them. USC's film program is top notch. To have staff who have these types of lame presentations of what works and doesn't by ignoring the obvious success of a show would take a little shine off.

*shrug* They think that just because something is successful doesn't mean it's sound. Did I ever say IIIIIIIII thought that? I don't think it's the most genius thing on TV, but they definitely put a lot of thought and planning into the story and all the little details, which is very admirable from a writing standpoint. Some of the characters (from what I've seen) are extremely well-developed; others are so weak, it's laughable. But big deal; rarely do I get to sit on a couch, drink a beer, and watch some batshit crazy show. I spend all day having to comment on shit, I just like to watch something and not have to think.

But, I'll re-emphasize how my professor's teaching have permeated people. I came home from watching it with my boyfriend last night to my roommate who berated me for watching "such a stupid show." I said it's pretty well developed and thought out, and that she should give it a try. She said no, because "plot things are stupid." Oh well. I would think you all would be happy I decided to give it a chance.

And to all the whiners---I'm sorry if I've "invaded your thread" and that because I'm not a super fan, I can't partake in this discussion. I should just go lock myself in a hole for being so inconsiderate. By that same logic---all of you, out of my Animal Collective thread then. You've only heard one album so you have NO ROOM to make comments on it. Nyah nyah nyah.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Plot things are stupid--brilliant.

tessalasset
02-05-2009, 01:42 PM
And finally, I've been watching through all the seasons (yet again) and noticed a detail I'd always missed before. When Sun gets the pregnancy test from Sawyer, its from Whidmore Labs. That would be the first time that name comes up, we hadn't even heard of Penny at that point.
i'm almost 100% sure we first see the name in Charlie's episode where it shows Driveshaft making their baby diaper commercial, and when they walk out behind the soundstage in the parking lot, they walk by a huge Widmore Industries plant. I mean that definitely happened in the episode, i'm just not 100% sure that happened before Sun's pregnancy episode. I just remember flipping out and pausing the television when it showed a close up of the pregancy test. So I definitely knew about the name Widmore already, and I think that was because of the Charlie episode.

/long-winded explanation

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 01:47 PM
it's not like we're trying to start a "no kat" thread here, it's just annoying when it becomes a fight about you instead of the thread topic. i stay out of threads like the animal collective because 1) i'm not familiar enough with their work and 2) i'm not a big fan. imagine if i came into the thread and started trying to talk about the band's catalog when i'm not even familiar with the catalog, that would be kind of annoying, right?

similar advice has been given to other people in this thread, so please don't feel singled out by me at least. it's just that you know that if you state something as a question that is obvious to the rest of us who have been watching (such as the theresa's temporal displacement symptoms), people are going to jump at the chance to talk shit and that's not what i want this thread to be about. i really am trying to be helpful.

and who sent sun the gun & packet of pictures and info?!

Cancersticks1
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
i'm almost 100% sure we first see the name in Charlie's episode where it shows Driveshaft making their baby diaper commercial, and when they walk out behind the soundstage in the parking lot, they walk by a huge Widmore Industries plant. I mean that definitely happened in the episode, i'm just not 100% sure that happened before Sun's pregnancy episode. I just remember flipping out and pausing the television when it showed a close up of the pregancy test. So I definitely knew about the name Widmore already, and I think that was because of the Charlie episode.

/long-winded explanation

Yep, that episode was first, didn't notice that tidbit (meaning I've missed it like 5 times, shameful.)

Another thing, I don't remember if it was mentioned here or imdb or wherever, but the deal with how often they reuse names: Charlie, Charles Whidmore, Charlie Hume, Charlotte, etc. I noticed more instances of that, the girl who apparently comes back from the dead and gives Ecko a message from his brother was also named Charlotte. And The girl Daniel supposedly fucked up is named Theresa, as well as Boons nanny.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
i actually tried to look up the significance of the name theresa, lol. good call on the charlies though. i wonder if he's going to pop back up. we need some closure on all the dead people hurley's been seeing.

kitt kat
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Ivy, you may not post in the AC thread, but other people do---peoplke who have never listened to them or have only heard an album/a couple of songs. I don't tell them to "leave my thread", but to just encourage them to ask questions and listen and give advice on where to start.

But if you want to be elitist, that's fine. I'll remember to keep my big nose out of your silly thread and just enjoy watching Lost on my own.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Actually you did tell me to leave.

wmgaretjax
02-05-2009, 02:34 PM

I also think it's worth discussing that this show is getting passed on by people that would probably appreciate it, simply because it's a popular primetime television show that everyone and their mom enjoys. It's rare that such a good and complex show sticks around this long, much less blows up to this degree.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 02:34 PM
and i am encouraging you to check out the rest of the lost to avoid kat bashing in this thread. it's a great show and once you've gotten caught up i'd be happy to hear your theories about what's going on. lost is different from a band in that we can't just recommend an episode or two to fill in the gaps. so unless you are getting great enjoyment out of people talking shit to you everytime you post in this thread, i encourage you to spend some time getting caught up on the show. it's free online through abc and the player actually works really well. that's the last i'll say about that.

Blinken
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Ivy, Widmore sent Sun the gun and photos. She went to him to ask for help with killing Ben.

I believe the Widmore name first popped up in that first online scavenger hunt after the first season. Then it started to appear on the show. I think Tessa is right about the building being before the pregnancy test. i remember seeing the test and clicking on the Widmore connection the first time the episode aired. Which would have been impossible if it was the first time.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Ivy, Widmore sent Sun the gun and photos. She went to him to ask for help with killing Ben.

so widmore is probably trying to use sun to kill ben so that penny doesn't die. so who went to kill sayid and then possibly kate? it seems doubful then that guy was working for the same guy as sun because why would sun have kate meet her in a hotel if someone was going to kill her? unless she did that so she could take care of aaron. interesting, that makes sense, but i still want to know who we should be rooting for, widmore or ben!!!

i also don't understand how bringing them back to the island will fix the time problem. and does walt have to go back? desmond? i still want walt to end up as the ultimate leader of the others.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I have had conversations with people who have tried watching episodes now and get frustrated because they have no clue what is going on. The only way to be a true lostie is to watch from the beginning. I have watched every episode, and even went back through and watch seasons 1-3 over again and still have a hard time keeping up with all the different theories and hints they have given us in the past. But it is well worth the mind fuck to get through it. And I am one that doesn't like watching movies that make me think too hard because the few times I do get to sit down and watch a movie it is usually when I need some mindless entertainment. But Lost is just one of those shows that grabs you from the first minute of the first episode and every twist and turn is worth the 20 minutes you spend after thinking WHAT THE FUCK!!!

wmgaretjax
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
so who went to kill sayid

Are we certain it was to kill?

Young blood
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I have only seen about 7 or 8 episodes from the first 2 seasons. Lostipedia. do it.

Im catching up with some of them on Saturday late nights on abc.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Wasn't it darts that they were shooting? Or am I missing something else from the most recent episode. I am wondering if it is Ben who sent the guys to knock Sayid and Hugo out because he knows that is the only way to get them back on the island.

Young blood
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Wasn't it darts that they were shooting? Or am I missing something else from the most recent episode. I am wondering if it is Ben who sent the guys to knock Sayid and Hugo out because he knows that is the only way to get them back on the island.

I was thinking that also because Sayid told Hurley to never trust Ben.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
ok, that makes sense.

and i always forget about lostipedia. is there still a timeline around? the one i used to check stopped sometime during season 2. it was just cool to see ALL lost events on one timeline.

ShyGuy75
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
last nights episode made me furious and reach another near breaking point with this show. jin survived that huge blast somehow and was just floating on a peice of fcking wood for days in the ocean, going through time warps with the rest of them? jesus f'in christ. you have to be kidding me. i didn't think it was possible to have MORE filler episodes this late in the game. Now we will have to sit through at least three more episodes of jin's survival story and roussue's backstory, which we already all know.

this b.s. is really starting to piss me off. i wish i could quit this show, i really do.

remember when the show was about walt and his powers? whatever happened with that? can we go back and explain that? i only wasted 2 years on that one.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I use to visit the ABC Lost Message Board alot last year, those guys are VERY SERIOUS. But I got alot of information out of it. It is worth checking out for anyone who wants to get some more insight, those guys do screen captures of shit and post it all the time so you can pick up on the clues. I never did join the message board though because they were a hell of alot more brutal on newbies then anyone on this site.

Young blood
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
ok, that makes sense.

and i always forget about lostipedia. is there still a timeline around? the one i used to check stopped sometime during season 2. it was just cool to see ALL lost events on one timeline.

yes they still have it.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 02:56 PM
remember when the show was about walt and his powers? whatever happened with that? can we go back and explain that? i only wasted 2 years on that one.

i keep hoping it'll all tie in with walt having to come back to the island with everyone and eventually he will take leadership of the others. this is a completely far-fetched theory that i made up, so i don't know that it will happen, but that is my hope. it really bothers me that they spent so much time developing walt only for him to disappear and for us to get no closure on why the others were so interested in him. plus, if locke was made leader, it would make sense for walt to follow in his footsteps.

locachica73
02-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I am actually looking forward to Roussue's back story. She was one of my favorite characters and was disappointed that they killed her off the way they did. She deserved more.

edit: I would also love for them to bring Echo back... he was a great character and not so bad on the eyes either. :p

Monklish
02-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Seriously, they should just knock everyone the fuck out and get on a boat. Screw this noise. But I'd probably just shoot Kate in the face and figure the island will bring her back to life.

ShyGuy75
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I am actually looking forward to Roussue's back story. She was one of my favorite characters and was disappointed that they killed her off the way they did. She deserved more.

she is the dumb bitch who asked to be killed off the show b/c she didn't want to travel to hawaii to act. how dumb can you be?

Blinken
02-05-2009, 02:59 PM
last nights episode made me furious and reach another near breaking point with this show. jin survived that huge blast somehow and was just floating on a peice of fcking wood for days in the ocean, going through time warps with the rest of them? jesus f'in christ. you have to be kidding me. i didn't think it was possible to have MORE filler episodes this late in the game. Now we will have to sit through at least three more episodes of jin's survival story and roussue's backstory, which we already all know.

this b.s. is really starting to piss me off. i wish i could quit this show, i really do.

I really think Roussue's backstory is important to what is going on. Especially with the sickness that was never explained. That will also help explain all the whispering in the forest that the losties always hear. Could the nose bleeds and seizures be symptoms of the sickness that we kept hearing about the first few seasons?

locachica73
02-05-2009, 02:59 PM
ok good point... and good riddance (sp?). I have been to Hawaii twice and look forward to retiring there some day. How could anyone hate that place.

Blinken
02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Seriously, they should just knock everyone the fuck out and get on a boat. Screw this noise. But I'd probably just shoot Kate in the face and figure the island will bring her back to life.

I would much rather them shoot jack in the face. But yeah you're right.

Monklish
02-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I want to kill them both. But Kate was worse last night.

ivankay
02-05-2009, 03:04 PM
*shrug* They think that just because something is successful doesn't mean it's sound. Did I ever say IIIIIIIII thought that? I don't think it's the most genius thing on TV, but they definitely put a lot of thought and planning into the story and all the little details, which is very admirable from a writing standpoint. Some of the characters (from what I've seen) are extremely well-developed; others are so weak, it's laughable. But big deal; rarely do I get to sit on a couch, drink a beer, and watch some batshit crazy show. I spend all day having to comment on shit, I just like to watch something and not have to think.

But, I'll re-emphasize how my professor's teaching have permeated people. I came home from watching it with my boyfriend last night to my roommate who berated me for watching "such a stupid show." I said it's pretty well developed and thought out, and that she should give it a try. She said no, because "plot things are stupid." Oh well. I would think you all would be happy I decided to give it a chance.

my whole rant was against the representation of some teachers in the USC program dismissing the show for reasons that are bunk. i did not suggest you held these views, only that you were repeating them to this forum. i never take anyone's opinion seriously about work they have not even given a chance. How the hell can your roommate know it's a stupid show without watching it? Tell her she's lame. i'm basing that on the fact she makes uninformed judgements. By the way, which professors are being douches if i may ask?

i commend you for giving the show a shot, but it's like you started watching the Star Wars movies during the final light saber fight in the Empire Strikes Back. What's the big deal that Darth is Luke's father if you came in at that point? Who cares about Han and Leia if you just came in on the carbonite scene? You have missed years of story telling that has become outright brilliant by the fact everything wasn't revealed. If you like good story telling, you're missing out by not following this as the tellers intended. So much emotion is being passed up just to catch up on a hot show that got hotter because it started to pay off big time. You don't understand the payoff. Some people here want for you to enjoy the experience, not just know what's going on this week so you can talk about it with those who have been watching it.

Young blood
02-05-2009, 03:05 PM
i keep hoping it'll all tie in with walt having to come back to the island with everyone and eventually he will take leadership of the others. this is a completely far-fetched theory that i made up, so i don't know that it will happen, but that is my hope. it really bothers me that they spent so much time developing walt only for him to disappear and for us to get no closure on why the others were so interested in him. plus, if locke was made leader, it would make sense for walt to follow in his footsteps.

I think past Walt finds future John Locke on accident and thus begins his island weirdness. I also think hes skipping around in time hence the backwords speaking.

chairmenmeow47
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
that is a very awesome theory. walt has been weird since before the island though, as we saw when his adoptive father gave him back to michael when walt's bitch-ass mother died. the adoptive father mentions his weirdness as a reason for not wanting to keep him. but a past walt seeing a future locke could definitely fuck shit up.

Courtney
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
ok good point... and good riddance (sp?). I have been to Hawaii twice and look forward to retiring there some day. How could anyone hate that place.

Evangeline Lily (Kate) has gone on record saying that she dislikes Hawaii and thinks she is allergic to the state. Apparently sun gives her hives.

Sushov23
02-06-2009, 11:15 AM
you start hating Hawaii once you are there past a few months. My cousin was stationed there, and she loved the first 2 months but then after that she was miserable.

locachica73
02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Well they can kill off kate and I wouldn't be too upset. She looks like Fivel (sp?) the mouse from An American Tale. And she annoys me. Choose already, Jack or Sawyer, damnit!!!

Sexecutioner
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
finally watched the episode last night, since i was at a show on wed night. man, it sucks to have to wait so long, cuz by the time i come in this thread, i have to read through 4 pages and everything has already been discussed to death.

agreed that kate is one annoying bitch, and a cocktease too, when it comes to the sawyer/jack thing. but she is also great eye candy, so hopefully they wont kill her off.

i think ben sent the dart guys, knowing sayid would kick his ass and find kates address, leading jack to call her and get in touch, bringing them all together. ben is a great manipulator. i am guessing that when all is said and done, he will be the good guy though. it seems like even though his methods are fucked, its only because he will do whatever it takes for the greater good, which in this case, is protecting the island from people who want to exploit it. who knows though...

and i dont think sun will shoot ben after he tells her that jin is alive. what i want to know is how ben knows that, and how he can prove it.

BeHereNOW
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
when are we gettin more ana lucia????? =p

hopefully hugo is going more loco and we can get some'mo ana's

fikus222
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
For the last 2 weeks Seattle's ABC affiliate has shown Lost in full-screen and with sound bordering on mono. We don't have hd, so we are forced to suffer through this atrocity. I am actually considering calling them and complaining or at least receiving an explanation, which I am sure will be forthcoming...

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
will we get more ana lucia? i think her quick cameo with hugo in the premiere might be all we get.

and complain, fikus. this is lost we're talking about. no time to fuck around :p

locachica73
02-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Tonight is a new episode and I am bone ass tired, I am looking forward to going home, taking a shower and crawling into bed with my remote. I don't even want to cook dinner although I promised my kid chicken tacos. Damn my big mouth.

fikus222
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
and complain, fikus. this is lost we're talking about. no time to fuck around :p

I wasn't able to speak with anyone at KOMO 4 (big surprise), so I left voice-mail and sent them an email. I am sure a remedy will be forthcoming...they are just lucky that I re-watch the previous night's episode [online] the next day anyway.

invisiblerobots
02-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I wasn't able to speak with anyone at KOMO 4 (big surprise), so I left voice-mail and sent them an email. I am sure a remedy will be forthcoming...they are just lucky that I re-watch the previous night's episode [online] the next day anyway.

Are you watching over the air or via cable?

fikus222
02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Are you watching over the air or via cable?

Cable, the first two episodes this season were aired correctly, but since then they have been full screen and with horrible sound quality.

Right after Lost, they air Life on Mars correctly, but that is no consolation.

invisiblerobots
02-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Cable, the first two episodes this season were aired correctly, but since then they have been full screen and with horrible sound quality.

Right after Lost, they air Life on Mars correctly, but that is no consolation.

Damn, that sucks. I'll walk over to the KOMO building and fire some flaming arrows at them.

fikus222
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Damn, that sucks. I'll walk over to the KOMO building and fire some flaming arrows at them.

Too bad our Zoo doesn't have a Polar Bear we could send in to finish the job, cuz I don't think our sloth bear would cut it.

matsuolost
02-11-2009, 04:29 PM
TONITE

hopefully this episode doesnt have a cheap scene like kate with claire having the baby last week.

sportsbunny
02-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I'll miss it live tonight but thank god for internet

cloud9
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll miss it live tonight but thank god for internet

tbhat interstin that point this ou t , how myn dtime did se one of th oceanannic guy get on th ntertnet u never seed it. i t as if internet did not werk ye.t hmm . if wa s 1 of this membr wold have ben goggling up al kind of thing . poler ber in in island . who is benja men lionus . wher i sth littl blak kid and how cold i trimmed travel back to a islendalso wold be realy net to see one of them in cocehla form hmm hehe :yyablo

BlackSwan
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Juliet gets naked and saves everyone.

Young blood
02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
boring.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 08:10 PM
boring.

seriously. next week better rock after this week and last week's.

i'm just glad charlotte is dead.

i would have punched christian too, "say hi to my son", WHO IS YOUR SON, DIPSHIT ZOMBIE MOTHER FUCKER?!??!?!?!?!?!?

<~~~ had some wine, feelin' surly.

Young blood
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
The only good part was Rousseau and her bf trying to kill her.

Young blood
02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
and dead stupid charlotte.

matsuolost
02-11-2009, 10:08 PM
it was so good. SO GOOD

i have so much thoughts right now.. amazing. best episode of the season yet

and the skeletons from season 1 are so danielle's crew

BeHereNOW
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
joaquin phoenix on letterman was more entertaining =p

Sushov23
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
DELETE.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
and apparently the name on the van ben is driving is an anagram for "reincarnation", so i think it's safe to assume locke will be back :)

also noticed one of the boats on that dock was the illusion, for whatever that's worth.

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2009, 11:20 PM
oh, and does anyone read hieroglyphics?

Aurgasm
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
oh, and does anyone read hieroglyphics?

Yes.

Aurgasm
02-11-2009, 11:24 PM
so, i've never watched an episode of Lost. But I understand they were able to leave what I assume is "the island" and now they are back!? Lost a-fucking-gain?

Tell me they made that somewhat entertaining or slightly..somehow believable.

tessalasset
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
also noticed one of the boats on that dock was the illusion, for whatever that's worth.

???

bballarl
02-12-2009, 12:21 AM
So Jack's dad is Jacob? What the fuck. That was Jack's dad right? What the fuck.

Thank you writers for killing Charlotte.

Also I was thinking "Oh no, they would never show a compoun....WHAT THE FUCK HIS BONE IS STICKING OUT OF HIS LEG!" Ballsy.

Judging from the previews, I am going to hate Jack and Kate even more come next week.

tessalasset
02-12-2009, 12:36 AM
i was watching it with Alex tonight and he was like "i can't believe they just showed a shard of rock sticking out of his knee" and i said "dude that was his fucking LEG BONE."

so gross.

and fuck jacob/christian for not helping him walk 10 feet to the wheel. asshole.

ivankay
02-12-2009, 01:13 AM
i don't think he could help him walk. Jacob is pretty ghostly.

What time will those outside the well settle? Will it be when Charlotte is a young girl and Daniel tells her to stay away? If not, he's not done time tripping.

What's in the temple?

Just thought about this more....they settle where Daniel is in the opener for the new season, Charlotte's Dharma Initiative days. Why Daniel goes to the Orchid is the question now? How does Daniel know what's suppose to happen? Is research info in his journal based on any Captain's journal that was bought at an auction by the guy who financed him? i just threw that last one out there for the heck of it.

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 06:38 AM
???

sorry, i was a wee bit drunk, i meant you could see a boat in the background of that dock ben, sun, jack, kate & sayid were at called "the illusion", which i thought was interesting. not really anything i think we've seen before.

and what's with all the assumptions that christian shepard is jacob? enlighten me please :)

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 06:39 AM
and good question, mike. why does daniel know some stuff, but not other stuff. his book appeared to have a map of hatches and such, but was that just something he got from desmond at some point? i wonder if his book only has knowledge in relation to desmond, that would make more sense.

and i thought sun was going to steal aaron last night, lol.

captncrzy
02-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I thought she was going to take him too...

It looks like next week we'll get some answers to some stuff.

Young blood
02-12-2009, 08:26 AM
btw that was super awesome when dudes arm was ripped off. I yelled holy shit! Then I was pissed there wasn't more blood and screaming. The guy was all like "help me boo hoo, im hurt" all pussy like. Im excited to see the inside of the temple though. Also didn't vincent come running out of the jungle during an earlier eps. with a skeleton arm?

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
i think you're right about vincent, YB.

that guy obviously wasn't himself when he was yelling down there. whatever "sickness" they were all afflicted with must have gotten to that guy. i want to know more about the sickness. last night randy mentioned it must have come from the temple or the smoke monster, but what the fuck kind of sickness makes you sort of coherent, but then try to shoot and kill the women carrying your child? and who has been infected with this sickness? just the frenchies? have any others, dharma or losties been infected?

Young blood
02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
It seemed like there were a lot of religious aspects to this eps. and maybe that's where the sickness comes from.

Again I cannot wait until they release a dvd with all the cultural references used in each episode, from popular culture, literature and religion.

bballarl
02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Had we seen the temple before? I really don't remember.

And we think Christian is Jacob because of the references he made. I don't remember exactly what he said, but he said things that made us (meaning me and my roommate) say "Oh, okay, Locke is talking to Jacob."

tessalasset
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
He said "I told you to move the island." And in that episode, they were going to find Jacob's cabin and Locke went in and and came out and said Jacob told me to move the island.

But I guess if we want to get technical, there's no way we could really prove that was Jacob since Ben didn't see him. That could have just been Ghost Christian Shephard fucking with Locke. Who knows. But I'm gonna choose to believe he's Jacob. I believe that's what the writers are trying to say.

Young blood
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
So has Christian been to the island before? How does he know so many details?

BeHereNOW
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
i though Jacob was the black dude once visited Locke in the hospital, while he was in rehab when is legs broke tha hell up

he went to hurley once too, i think

tessalasset
02-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh i really don't think that was Jacob.

Young blood
02-12-2009, 10:38 AM
did the other build the runway on the other island so the 06 could return to the island?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I think that Jacob can take on any form he chooses. I don't think Christian is actually Jacob, but Jacob is using Christians ghost in order to appear to people. Just my thoughts though and I could be totally wrong.

sddoctor
02-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Also didn't vincent come running out of the jungle during an earlier eps. with a skeleton arm?

Good catch, I think you're right.

I don't think the temple has ever been revealed before. We now know where smokie dwells, the frenchman mentioned that it was acting as a security system for the temple...some deep secrets dwell in that temple.

The temple was definitely built by the same people that built the funky four-toed statue.

Also, In the end, I'm thinking the losties are going to be placed in the past to help continue the island's future and help the island (and the world) live on. I think Jack will ultimately sacrifice himself for the island, Locke will come back to life upon his return to the island and lead an early group of the others and Kate and Sawyer will ultimately be the couple in the cave....just my ramblings.

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
So has Christian been to the island before? How does he know so many details?

i personally don't think he has. i think it's just reincarnation and he's been let in on the secret. him, claire and alpert all have that smug "just listen to me, i know what's going on" attitude and never provide any information. perhaps they are all reincarnated in some way that makes them smug jerkoffs. just my thoughts.

i'm not sure i believe that christian is a "vision" of jacob, i still believe there is a jacob; however that jacob may just be a visual manifestation of the island, who knows.

sddoctor, thanks for bringing up the past, because if the island is skipping and locke had to correct this, does that mean that once corrected the time will be only a few days after the ship explosion? if so, the losties would be going to the past. perhaps when they get back to the present/future, they could make it seem as if no time has passed. if they ever get off the island again.

and is the smoke monster "good" or "bad" in relation to the best interests of the island? is jacob "good" or "bad"? i still really want to know who is the good guy with regard to protecting the island. perhaps the smoke monster and the jacob people are not working towards the same interests, just a thought.

Somewhat Damaged
02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
<~~~ had some wine, feelin' surly.

Jen, I think you should use this as your new quote.

and apparently the name on the van ben is driving is an anagram for "reincarnation", so i think it's safe to assume locke will be back :)

I was thinking this as well. Who's to say he's even dead? He could have faked his death to set the plot to get the Oceanic 6 back to the island in motion.

I don't remember the temple but when Smokie caught Locke that one time and tried dragging him into the hole, was that the same place where he took the douchebag French guy?

I think that Jacob can take on any form he chooses. I don't think Christian is actually Jacob, but Jacob is using Christians ghost in order to appear to people. Just my thoughts though and I could be totally wrong.

Why would he assume Christian's appearance when the only person who would give a shit about Christian is Jack?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
We have learned through the last seasons that everyone is connected somehow. Claire is Christians daughter and Sawyer ran into Christian at the bar prior to death. I think there are still some back story run ins that we still haven't even seen. Plus, he was already hired and getting paid, why not use his character a little further. And like I said, just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

matsuolost
02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
He said "I told you to move the island." And in that episode, they were going to find Jacob's cabin and Locke went in and and came out and said Jacob told me to move the island.

jacob told him to move the island THROUGH christian

christian is clearly not jacob

that would a weak twist, think about it

although i do think he is an agent of the island, he was one of the first habitants of the island, moved it at some point and in order to get back had to bring a select a group of people, each one "for a reason". and in order to do that he had to die. sounds familar?

Boourns
02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Is anyone else tired of someone always demanding that someone else "just trust me!"? I see it on almost every episode of Lost, Heroes, and Smallville.

kitt kat
02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
So apparently, the actress who plays young Danielle goes to my school...

captncrzy
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
i personally don't think he has. i think it's just reincarnation and he's been let in on the secret. him, claire and alpert all have that smug "just listen to me, i know what's going on" attitude and never provide any information. perhaps they are all reincarnated in some way that makes them smug jerkoffs. just my thoughts.

More smug jerkoffs that don't reveal anything: Juliet, Ben, and Alpert.

matsuolost
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
juliet: start talking or die the fuck off

Blinken
02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I think the fact that the temple had hieroglyphics is very important. I was always under the impression that the hieroglyphics on the 108 countdown clock were put there by Dharma for their own amusement. But the island really must have some connections to ancient Egypt, or at least the people of ancient Egypt. I think the next question is what comes first the Egyptians or the original inhabitants of the island?

unknown
02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Also didn't vincent come running out of the jungle during an earlier eps. with a skeleton arm?
I think you are right about that... way long ago...

I don't think we have physically seen the temple, just heard about it. Rosseau mentioned it before and Ben mentioned it to Rosseau, Carl, and Alex. The reference he made to it was in an episode where he told them to go there to be protected from the people on the freighter. I wonder how exactly the smoke monster picks to off if Ben felt it would be ok for Alex/Carl/Danielle to go there... maybe knowing that the smoke thing would attack/kill the freighter guys because they are bad for the island.

i though Jacob was the black dude once visited Locke in the hospital, while he was in rehab when is legs broke tha hell up

he went to hurley once too, i think
That guy has been referred to as Matthew Abaddon http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Matthew_Abaddon

I read an interesting theory last night but can't find the site, I will try my best to recap: On the Ajira Airlines website you enter the correct info to actually "book" a flight. Something like January 21, from LA to Guam, enter the number of the credit card on the main page and you see some video or something and info about 10 people being on flight 316 I believe, whatever next week's episode is called, I think it is 316. So then the person went on to ask if it would be possible that the Oceanic 6 plus Ben, Ms. Hawking?, Desmond?, and someone else maybe to total 10 get on this flight to Guam and it crashes or they get to Guam and get on canoes or something to find the island and that the people from the future in last week's episode that were chasing the ones on the island in the canoes could be some of the 6. Of course something I find completely wrong with that is why would their friends be shooting at them? So maybe it isn't them... but that flight and airlines has something big to do with everything because of the whole canoe scene last week. I'm really rambling.

I love Lost. I love how when you finally become interested in some character's story after not really caring for her all along, they kill her off.. I am also curios to learn about Miles' background story.

unknown
02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
juliet: start talking or die the fuck off

LOL at the rate things are going she may die soon!

Down Rodeo
02-12-2009, 12:24 PM
So wait...does Faraday know that he has already been on the island? He acted like he didn't know what the hell Charlotte was talking about when she said he warned her not to come back. And she took a hell of a long time to remember him.

kitt kat
02-12-2009, 12:24 PM
So wait...does Faraday know that he has already been on the island? He acted like he didn't know what the hell Charlotte was talking about when she said he warned her not to come back. And she took a hell of a long time to remember him.

I don't think he does.

Blinken
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM
He hasn't talked to young Charlotte yet Rodeo. He will do that in his future.

shotglass75
02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Remember the big stone foot statue that we have seen. There was never any explanation about that thing and I am pretty sure it is somehow connected to the hieroglyphics. Jin spoke much better English than he ever has before too

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jHB-IAu9F4c/SEmEEuknOSI/AAAAAAAAAOk/xXZycavWlKo/s400/Lost20foot20statue.jpg

BeHereNOW
02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
do we know anything of Faraday's father at this point?

Blinken
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Remember the big stone foot statue that we have seen. There was never any explanation about that thing and I am pretty sure it is somehow connected to the hieroglyphics. Jin spoke much better English than he ever has before too

I believe that is was the same people who built the temple built the four toed statue. Inside the temple is all answers we are looking for, at least about the ancient history of the island. Alpert probably is one of the ancient people, I see no reason why e cna't be 1000s of years old.

Edit: Looking at that statue again i don't know it seems more Greek/Roman than Egyptian. hmmmmm

shotglass75
02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
4 TOES!!!!!!?????

BeHereNOW
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
this Matthew Abaddon character is sick......

*The root for "Matthew" in Hebrew is "Gift from God." Additionally, in Hebrew, Abaddon is synonymous for Hell or destruction. VERY loosely translated "Matthew Abaddon" can be read as "Gift from the god of hell"

* The name "Matthew Abbadon" is an anagram for "What Bad Boatmen."
* Why did he pick Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, and Frank for the job?
* What was the "miracle" that happened to him?

sick stuff indeed

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
we do not know anything about faraday's father that i know of.

also, it's important to remember that even though something happened in charlotte's past, that doesn't mean it will be faraday's past too. since time is viewed on this show more as a straight line, something in charlotte's past can very well be in faraday's future.

my girlfriend also remembered that when sayid tried to shoot her gun, danielle said something about how she removed the pin and "robert didn't catch it either" or something like that. i didn't remember that though; i don't really remember much of what danielle told us about the island or her back story unfortunately.

as far as ten people on the plane, i would assume desmond is one of those, so if you add that to the 6 (assuming all 6 go back), then that would be 7. 3 more people, i'm going to guess walt, faraday's mother and possibly ben. while the person who moves the island "can never come back" we do not yet have confirmation if that is simply a rule or if there is some physical reason he cannot come back. good find on the plane website, i tried to play around with booking dates but everything i searched said all flights were booked; i never got a video.

alpert could also be a reincarnated person like christian or claire. the whole not aging thing is so odd and reincarnation is the only explanation i can think of that might explain the lack of aging.

BeHereNOW
02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
as far as ten people on the plane, i would assume desmond is one of those, so if you add that to the 6 (assuming all 6 go back), then that would be 7. 3 more people, i'm going to guess walt, faraday's mother and possibly ben.

don't let Lockey out

chairmenmeow47
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
don't let Lockey out

would he be a passanger or cargo? it's a coffin, like christian shepard, so i wonder if that counts as a passanger, good catch.

also, i highly doubt locke was faking his death as he was at a mortuary in a coffin. it would be hard to convince a doctor that you weren't dead.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Could the other passengers possibly be Desmonds girl (can't think of her name) and son? He did tell her he would take them with him. Although I haven't seen the most recent episode so I am a little behind.

matsuolost
02-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Could the other passengers possibly be Desmonds girl (can't think of her name) and son? He did tell her he would take them with him. Although I haven't seen the most recent episode so I am a little behind.

ben would shoot her before boarding any plane or boat

locachica73
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
that is a good point, i hadn't thought of that. although what better revenge, kill them or send them to the island where whidmore has not access.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
The arm that Vincent found belonged to Roger "Workman", Ben's father in the bus.
The specifics to get the video on the Ajira Airlines site is listed on Lostpedia.http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ajira
The hole that Locke was dragged into was not the same whole Montand was dragged into, the details of the hatch door map also can be found on Lostpedia and there are several points listed as CV's (Cerberus Vents) which likely all lead to the Temple which it's assumed is where The Others are holed up while time goes Kerplooey and the smoke monster keeps them from being disturbed.

unknown
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I tried combinations of stuff too and nothing is working. I have to get back to work!!! here is a link with some more info - looks like you get to see some video regarding seating charts or something.... not sure, but if anyone gets it to work then post your findings!

http://www.lostargs.com/2009/01/ajira-airways-now-boarding.html

uber nerds.

locachica73
02-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Have you been to the ABC lost message board... they take uber nerd to the extreme.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Have you been to the ABC lost message board... they take uber nerd to the extreme.

Actually I've come across more noob-esque confusion there than any other Lost board I've been to.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I tried combinations of stuff too and nothing is working. I have to get back to work!!! here is a link with some more info - looks like you get to see some video regarding seating charts or something.... not sure, but if anyone gets it to work then post your findings!

http://www.lostargs.com/2009/01/ajira-airways-now-boarding.html

uber nerds.

Flight type: One Way
To: Guam
Departing: 1/21/2009
Select Flight: 316 11:30am
Adults: 10
Children: 0
Promotional Code: 112114111109111

locachica73
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Actually I've come across more noob-esque confusion there than any other Lost board I've been to.

I use to spend alot of time on that board at the beginning of last season I believe it was. They were harsh to the newbies then. More so then here even. I never posted and stopped going there after awhile. But I remember they use to take screen shots of every thing they thought was important and analyze it to death.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
And as you click the seats to view availability brief screen-captures pop up.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I use to spend alot of time on that board at the beginning of last season I believe it was. They were harsh to the newbies then. More so then here even. I never posted and stopped going there after awhile. But I remember they use to take screen shots of every thing they thought was important and analyze it to death.

At this point it seems there are more newbs than regular posters and there are just countless "i have a problem with the time-travel stuff wtf" threads.

cloud9
02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
a s sine1 post las time wher is rose an her husbind at thus point do think t he y have incountr anythin in these tim e travel ? hm ... am actuely locking forwrd to see som e ghos of somr elaly old ppel from the plene the brother n siter wh o is in luv withechtoher cold not remem er that name / also mayb eko / amyb ther is somthin that on of thm did not tl us tha cold hlp us. is i t posible for on of them to se themself or am misin somthin her hehe?

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM
a s sine1 post las time wher is rose an her husbind at thus point do think t he y have incountr anythin in these tim e travel ? hm ... am actuely locking forwrd to see som e ghos of somr elaly old ppel from the plene the brother n siter wh o is in luv withechtoher cold not remem er that name / also mayb eko / amyb ther is somthin that on of thm did not tl us tha cold hlp us. is i t posible for on of them to se themself or am misin somthin her hehe?

Yes?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
If Echo came back, even as a ghost, I would put on my happy pants.

Young blood
02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
k not ch

locachica73
02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
oooh... thank you. I finally spell something correctly and I am still wrong. Fuck.

To Cancersticks... when reading a cloud9 post it is best to read between the spaces, which are usually misplaced.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
oooh... thank you. I finally spell something correctly and I am still wrong. Fuck.

To Cancersticks... when reading a cloud9 post it is best to read between the spaces, which are usually misplaced.

Should i hold it close to my nose, unfocus and pull it away to reveal a schooner?

locachica73
02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
i haven't tried that but i just might next time.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
So I for one am looking forward to Jin throttling Locke's lying corpse when they get back.

Young blood
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Was Ben surprised to find out who was Faraday's mother?

Sexecutioner
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Was Ben surprised to find out who was Faraday's mother?

I noticed that too, Ben gave a weird look when Desmond said that. I wonder if that means Ben didnt know that, or if he was surprised that Desmond knew that.

fikus222
02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Good catch with regards to Vincent and the arm.

I think that Christian is working for Jacob. I believe that Jacob is perhaps too ephemeral to be able to manifest himself as often and in as many places as Christian has.

Ben controlled the Smoke Monster from his bolt-hole room, which was also covered in hieroglyphics.

The French crew's sickness may have been another security measure taken by the Temple, by that I mean they were 'recruited' to protect it, which would account for their violent behavior towards Danielle.

I am going to re-watch the episode this afternoon...oh yeah, now my stupid ABC affiliate doesn't even present Life on Mars in widescreen either.

Edit:

I think Ben was surprised to see Desmond and not that he was surprised about her being Farraday's Mom.

Young blood
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
So my next question is, if he wasn't surprised by the question more Desmond himself. Is Ben pissed because Desmond will go back because he is like the one person not affected by the island time shifts? Kind of like Ben, an immortal type of figure?

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I think the look on Ben's face was more along the lines of, "Goddamnit Desmond, don't come right out and say shit like that, this is fucking Lost!"

Edit: Actually what I thought was that he hadn't been aware she was his mother, and now that he is, his wheels are spinning on whether he can trust her or if she's also in Whidmore's pocket.

Down Rodeo
02-12-2009, 06:10 PM
I took it to mean that Ben knows Desmond was in contact with Whidmore, otherwise he wouldn't have known where Faraday's mother was. That's why Ben looked surprised and hurried to get inside.

fikus222
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I took it to mean that Ben knows Desmond was in contact with Whidmore, otherwise he wouldn't have known where Faraday's mother was. That's why Ben looked surprised and hurried to get inside.

I concur.

Side-note: Charlotte mentioned the group Geronimo Jackson, their album was in the stack of vinyl Hurley was looking through when they were first exploring the Hatch.

Cancersticks1
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Been rewatching the past season and a few of points in the S3 episode "Greatest Hits" I've noticed that i feel are currently relevant: 1. This is the only time that I've seen Jin & Danielle in fairly close proximity, Jack takes a group out to meet her so she can show off her tnt skills, but she never really looks at Jin and to be fair he looks quite a bit different then than when they met in recent episodes. 2. Carl (Alex's boyfriend) comes to warn the losties that the others are coming, he takes an outrigger identical to the ones found with the Ajira water bottle in them. and 3. I'm still wondering if we'll ever find out why Desmond's vision of Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter was wrong. Whether he saw his own way off the island if he could convince Charlie to die, or if he changed the timeline enough that the outcome was slightly different, or if that future remains to be seen (we still don't know what happened to Claire, maybe thats her ultimate fate in the show? Although Aaron wouldn't even be recognizable to Desmond at the point...) hmm.

kitt kat
02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
ALL: REJOICE

I am going to start watching from the beginning. I got sucked in. It happened. My roommate is making fun of me :(

...that was, until, I showed her a Lost wiki article titled "Nosebleeds as a result of time travel" and she was like "LOL WUT?" and I was like "LOL" and she was like "RU SRS?" and I was like "LOL YA!" and she's like "OMG CRAZY"

Young blood
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow Kitt katt, Im so proud of you but guess wat?

kitt kat
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
OMG NO WAI!~!!!!#@$^$*

Somewhat Damaged
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
ALL: REJOICE

I am going to start watching from the beginning. I got sucked in. It happened. My roommate is making fun of me :(

...that was, until, I showed her a Lost wiki article titled "Nosebleeds as a result of time travel" and she was like "LOL WUT?" and I was like "LOL" and she was like "RU SRS?" and I was like "LOL YA!" and she's like "OMG CRAZY"

Do you really think it's cute/endearing to peddle the notion that you actually talk that way? And you wonder why Randy and the like bash you for being retarded.

bballarl
02-12-2009, 09:06 PM
What happened to Claire? Why does Ivy think she has been reincarnated?

kitt kat
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Do you really think it's cute/endearing to peddle the notion that you actually talk that way? And you wonder why Randy and the like bash you for being retarded.

Hahahahhahahahahaha. Oh man. You just don't get it.

OnlyNonStranger
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
What happened to Claire? Why does Ivy think she has been reincarnated?

Claire wandered off into the jungle in the middle of the night last season and left Aaron just chilling. She's been hanging out with Christian(her/Jack's dad). So really, it's anyone's guess what happened to her.

captncrzy
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Hahahahhahahahahaha. Oh man. You just don't get it.

Oh, you moron. You're clearly the winner in the "not getting it" category.

real talk
02-12-2009, 11:15 PM
That bone sticking out of Locke's leg made me queasy.

bballarl
02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
That bone sticking out of Locke's leg made me queasy.

Yeah. I have a major not-quite-fear (more like a general uncomfortableness) with breaking bones ever since I broke my wrist freshman year. I can't even hear the noise in the Tony Hawk video games. So I was hoping they wouldn't do that once I heard that awful crack but then they did. Ugh.

sportsbunny
02-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Yes! what a show! (finally got to see it thanks abc.com). I jumped off the couch when the arm came flying off and when Locke's leg broke in two. I can't recall any earlier episodes that were that graphic. They seem to be stepping it up a notch.

My first thought was that the image of Christian was Jacob and that he was talking through Christian's image. And I got the impression that Ben was surprised to hear that she was Faraday's mother.

Can't wait for next week in the meantime I'm gonna go back and watch the whole 4 seasons over again.

subjectinchanging
02-13-2009, 02:07 AM
I literally jumped up and down when Jin and Sawyer ran into each other, I was so excited.

My friend and I do really good LOST impressions.

shakermaker113
02-13-2009, 09:28 AM
My first thought was that the image of Christian was Jacob and that he was talking through Christian's image. And I got the impression that Ben was surprised to hear that she was Faraday's mother.

Christian? you mean you recognize that guy? who was/is he?

garrett222
02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Christian? you mean you recognize that guy? who was/is he?

he's the same actor who plays Jack's father.

shakermaker113
02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
oh. but he's not supposed to be jack's father in that scene, right? I mean, I know it's Jacob, but it's not supposed to be Jacob embodied as Jack's father or something strange like that right?

although there was that strange comment he made about saying hi to his son. hmm.

PotVsKtl
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
CnZ5-oR_QH0

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WITH YOU!

LOST COMING UP NEXT ON TELEMUNDO.

chairmenmeow47
02-13-2009, 12:13 PM
we do not know whether claire is alive or dead at this point, but i think she died and is in the same "reincarnated" category as christian. i don't know that they are reincarnated, it's just a theory. either way, they seem to be having similar experiences as they both have that "i know something you don't" smirk now when they talk and both were kicking it in jacob's cabin.

after the house exploded, sawyer found her under a pile of rubble and she seemed ok; however they started hiking around with ben and miles and miles kept giving her funny looks like something wasn't right. that night, claire wanders off into the jungle with christian and leaves aaron. that to me implies that she had a damned good reason to just leave her baby behind, such as possibly dying in the house blast and then christian telling her she's dead and needs to "serve the island" or whatever now. i really can't think of a better explanation, but that's the theory. the fact that miles seemed freaked out by her kinda collaborates that, but we have no indication as to whether claire is alive or dead in a christian shepard sort of way at this point.

Barbara, the ninja
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
This probably means nothing, but when Jacob(?) said "say hi to my son!" and the screen went white, the next scene showed Sun! Play on words? Hehe.

chairmenmeow47
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA, nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i noticed that too :)

locachica73
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I am watching it right now, just got passed the arm scene. I am glad I read it here first or I might have been a bit disturbed by it.

Barbara, the ninja
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA, nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i noticed that too :)

Hee hee :D You must teach me to dance soon!!

unknown
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't think I could handle reading the actual Lost forum on the ABC site. It would just be way too much for me. I read something last night regarding where the island losties are in time if Locke turning the wheel - did result in the time travelling to stop and if the Oceanic 6 would return and be in the same time or in the future... Well, someone put some theory about the island losties continuing to travel or maybe they are already far in the past since that well Locke was going down is now gone and they brought up how Sawyer got his toe injured - was it shot? Then they said what if it got infected and he lost his toe and ended up doing something heroic and getting a 4 toed statue made after him. LOL man people do have imaginations. I guess it could happen, this IS Lost.

I noticed Ben's look of surprise when Desmond mentioned Faraday's mother Ms. Hawking too. Not sure what to make of it. Ben has always seemed to know it all but this look to me just made it seem like he was surprised to learn that Ms. Hawking is Faraday's mother. But it IS Ben and maybe he was just surprised to learn that Desmond knew that and curious to know HOW he knew that..... ugh this show....

BeHereNOW
02-13-2009, 04:45 PM
they brought up how Sawyer got his toe injured - was it shot? Then they said what if it got infected and he lost his toe and ended up doing something heroic and getting a 4 toed statue made after him.

this IS funny

NicoDread
02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I was looking at the season 5 promo pic, and I'm pretty sure Faraday is missing a foot. Is he the model for the 4-toed statue?

http://www.docarzt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lost_s5_group.jpg

atom heart
02-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Does anyone remember the beginning of the fourth season? I feel like there was a scene really early on where Faraday sees the fake flight 815 in the ocean on tv and starts to cry, but he doesn't know why. Am I making this up? Was it another character?

matsuolost
02-13-2009, 10:14 PM
yeah it happened on the freighter collective flashback along with charlotte, miles and lupidus

MikeyMatador
02-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Claire is in the same state as Jacob. Im not going to read all of this but if you guys know who jacob is, or was, or watever u may think. Claire is the same :P

MikeyMatador
02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
this thread is fucking insane....wow im going to have to start reading this....even tho i hate reading on a computer monitor...i may have to start.

My theory on jacob is that hes stuck in time just like the others are right now but only he knows how to control it, thats not a good explanation and im to stoned to try and think this out. But jacob is Immortal. Just like wats his face....the dude who told locke to move the island, locke said to him "you were about to tell me how to save the island" or something like that...its not dan...ya fuck...u guys know who im talking about...Im goign to spend some time on this thread and give more theories later...

Cancersticks1
02-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Does anyone remember the beginning of the fourth season? I feel like there was a scene really early on where Faraday sees the fake flight 815 in the ocean on tv and starts to cry, but he doesn't know why. Am I making this up? Was it another character?

Yeah, they never really explained that out. But we know he's had an earlier encounter with Desmond which he doesn't remember (he has memory problems and had to consult his journal) so it might have triggered something in his mind that he couldn't put his finger on.

We also never found out why the chick Sun killed shows up on the freighter, jumps off with chains wrapped around her and the captains all like, "it's cool guys, hi I'm the captain." (At least I'm pretty sure it was the same actress, it may not have been the same character though.)

locachica73
02-14-2009, 08:08 AM
ok i need a reminder on who sun killed. i really need to rewatch the seasons again.

Cancersticks1
02-14-2009, 08:33 AM
ok i need a reminder on who sun killed. i really need to rewatch the seasons again.

One of the others' wife, he then took it out on Sawyer.

OnlyNonStranger
02-14-2009, 09:19 AM
It was not the same character.

BobCaygeon
02-14-2009, 09:33 AM
(At least I'm pretty sure it was the same actress, it may not have been the same character though.)

The actress who jumped is actually a stunt person Zoe something, who rode the hood in that last Tarentino flick.

Sorry I can't make that statement any more vague...

OnlyNonStranger
02-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Deathproof

Cancersticks1
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
It was not the same character.

Was it the same actress?

edit: Nevermind, found it Zoe Bell & Paula Malcomson... Jesus they look nothing alike, this show has me looking for shit thats just not there.

bliss209
02-15-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm quite surprised with all the less-than-stellar reviews of Lost this season. We are finally at the point where we can pretty much say a lot of mysteries are coming full circle. Quite a few answers to tons of questions from the early days of S1,S2,S3 and even S4. Maybe not the ultimate questions have been answered, but jeez, at least I can make sense of a lot of this now. At least I know I am highly enlightened this season, and it ain't just the kind herb I am constantly smoking :)

Jacob is NOT Christian and Christian is NOT Jacob!!! Christian even stated this when Locke and Christian first met in the cabin. During "Cabin Fever" S4, Hurley finds the cabin that Ben and Locke are looking for and this is when Locke meets Christian. Locke asked "Are you Jacob?" and Christian said "No, but I can speak on his behalf" in a very serious manner. This is who we are lead to believe is Jacob:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/9/97/3x20_Jacob_portrait.jpg

The "sickness" has been mentioned before. When Desmond came to the island, the guy who found him, Kelvin, was in a Hazmat suit. He mentioned a "sickness" and kind of hinted to that fact that the sickness was why his ex-partner killed himself. Which was the reasoning for his Hazmat suit and why he never ventured out side the hatch without it. But we later find out that it was a scare tactic that Kelvin used to keep Desmond in the Hatch all those years (remember he tried to escape the island on Desmond's repaired boat). But Juliet believed in the "sickness" which was why Juliet developed that vaccine they gave Claire and the baby.

Ben is basically in a lot of shit right now! We know he was banished from the island and is now being punished for moving the island by having to bring everyone back to the island and ultimately sacrafice himself for it, too. Which is why Ben is given a restricted time frame to get everyone together back on the island due to the swinging pendulum thingy that Eloise uses. He knows he was not supposed to move the island, but he did it anyways out of spite and jealously. Back in S3, we found out how bitter Ben is that Locke is basically now the chosen one. Ben knows (and probably has known for a while) that Locke is the one to take over his "position" on the island. Ben was pretty much approached just like Locke was as a child by Richard, and they both have a lot in common. For all we know , Roger (Ben's dad) was probably approached by his "friend" to join the Dharma Initiative for work when in actuality they were needing to recruit Ben. Ben probably knows how it all works, and also is awaiting the inevitable, his sacrifice for the island.

Yeah, I will agree, Ben should have just knocked everyone out or tranquilized them and brought them all back to the island against their will. How dumb does he have to be to think that everyone is going to come willingly....please.

The very first really gross moment for me on Lost was (i hope some of you remember this) the end of S1 "Exodus part 2" when that science teacher blew himself up trying to show everyone else how to safely handle the dynamite. That guys body parts fell on everyone!!! They really have pushed the envelope on the graphic scenes lately. NICE!

Desmond and his constant being Penny is what has kept him in his "special' category, and his exposure to the "white light" didn't hurt either. I also think Faraday knows Desmond was exposed to that crap, which is why he has chosen him as one of his constants. But I think Farady's connection is what will explain a lot, especially since we know his mother now. For all we know Faraday could be another "Richard" type of person who has lived for a very long time or has "consciously" lived for a very long time. His mind is beyond screwed up with all the experiments and tests that he has done, which totally explains his ability to not be affected by the time travel like the others are. But who knows, with a wallet like Widmore's backing your experiments, I would think almost anything is possible.

But I still think there is time for some of Desmond's visions to actually come true like Claire and the baby leaving the island in a helicopter. Desmond and Faraday both share alot of strangely common traits with time travel. We already discovered that before Faraday ever showed up. Desmond battled time travel back in S3 when he ran into Charlie and Eloise when he was flashing back and forth through time. And he eventually ended up playing his role as Eloise said he was supposed instead of marring Penny.

With the massive power that Widmore has, if he really wanted to ,he could have totally taken Desmond out when he came to visit him about finding Daniel's mom. Let alone that Widmore knows Daniel, and is probably aware that Desmond is here due to Faraday's request for Desmond to find his mother. Widmore knows he cannot fuck with time and that Desmond needs to do what he has to do to make sure everything plays out as it should. But Widmore's warning was for Desmond to do ONLY what he needs to do and go back to where ever they were hiding is probably very crucial. Faraday has mentioned that you have to be careful when messing with time and who you talk to. There are certain things you can do and certain things you can't do. But Faraday needs to speak up more!!! I am tired of the juliet-crap where "I'll only tell you what iI want to tell you when I feel like it" BS!!! Quit holding shit back!!!

I LOVE the relations thing! Widmore Labs was also on the balloon and Desmond shipwrecked on the island from the race sponsored by Widmore Industries, too. Let alone the relations everyone has with one another, too! It seriously never ends and I think that is the best part!!! I about jumped out of my seat when I discover the mother Faraday asked him to look for was the same woman who confronted him about Penny and him getting married when he bought the ring. This gives much more incite into Faraday and possibly how long he may have been involved with Dharma, the island, Widmore.......

MMMMMMMMM GOTTA LOVE IT!

(ok i think i went on long enough)

Cancersticks1
02-15-2009, 09:41 AM
I tend to think Daniel will be less affected by the jumps because he already suffers from memory loss, seems like that would make the experience less disorienting.

I assume that each time we see Whidmore being a dick to Desmond it is mere posturing, he doesn't want Desmond to "stay out of it" I'm not even really sure he cares if he keeps Penny* out of it. Whereas Ben/the island have recruited people to their ends, Desmond is Whidmores agent and always has been.

*The reason I'm not so sure he wants to keep Penny out of it is, why does Penny know about the island? She had her own team searching for it, and monitoring for electro-magnetic anomalies? I assume she didn't get the info from the library, so obviously her dad filled her in, seems pretty out of character to me unless he was manipulating her as well. Furthermore, even if she knew all this shit about the island, what would lead her to believe thats where Desmond was?

bliss209
02-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I tend to think Daniel will be less affected by the jumps because he already suffers from memory loss, seems like that would make the experience less disorienting.

And Daniel is the only one so far that has not been affected by the "jumps" right? I am just going off the main symptom being a nose bleed, and I don't think I saw him bleeding. By the time Locke fell in the well, Juliet, Miles and Sawyer all had nose bleeds (i think).

*The reason I'm not so sure he wants to keep Penny out of it is, why does Penny know about the island? She had her own team searching for it, and monitoring for electro-magnetic anomalies? I assume she didn't get the info from the library, so obviously her dad filled her in, seems pretty out of character to me unless he was manipulating her as well. Furthermore, even if she knew all this shit about the island, what would lead her to believe that's where Desmond was

Honestly, I know she ain't dumb. She knows the kind of things her father is/was involved in and the deception and lies. That's always been her answer about her father, "Don't mess with my father" "just stay away from my father" bla bla bla ........ And now that we know Widmore lived on the island at one time, who's to say Penny was or was not born there. She may not have complete, specific details about the island (i think she does) or perhaps all the details, but she did know that he was lost at sea and (once again) with a wallet like daddy's she could spend the rest of her life doing what she wants and why not look for someone you loved but you know your father tried to get rid of.

Cancersticks1
02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
And Daniel is the only one so far that has not been affected by the "jumps" right? I am just going off the main symptom being a nose bleed, and I don't think I saw him bleeding. By the time Locke fell in the well, Juliet, Miles and Sawyer all had nose bleeds (i think).

Honestly, I know she ain't dumb. She knows the kind of things her father is/was involved in and the deception and lies. That's always been her answer about her father, "Don't mess with my father" "just stay away from my father" bla bla bla ........ And now that we know Widmore lived on the island at one time, who's to say Penny was or was not born there. She may not have complete, specific details about the island (i think she does) or perhaps all the details, but she did know that he was lost at sea and (once again) with a wallet like daddy's she could spend the rest of her life doing what she wants and why not look for someone you loved but you know your father tried to get rid of.

Locke hasn't had a nosebleed yet either, but he would have been next. Daniel suggested it was relative to time spent on the island, and as far as we know he's spent the least amount of time there.

It is possible that Penny was born on the island, although when she rescues Desmond she tells him "I know about the island, I've been researching it." (that may have been during their phone call actually, but the point is still valid) If she got the info firsthand or from daddy, why would she be researching it? (I guess in order to locate it, actually) Still seems weird that she would assume correctly that that's where Des had been. And still for all Whidmores protests about wanting to keep his daughter uninvolved I don't see why he would fill her in on this stuff, unless of course he wanted her to try and find Desmond all along, hedging his bets.

MikeyMatador
02-16-2009, 06:16 PM
locke is chosen. like jacob :P

Courtney
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I was looking at the season 5 promo pic, and I'm pretty sure Faraday is missing a foot. Is he the model for the 4-toed statue?

http://www.docarzt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lost_s5_group.jpg

WTF.

Also the background of that photo is way weird. Where is that supposed to be? It's definitely not Honolulu or Los Angeles.

ivankay
02-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Lot of feet aren't showing in the picture. Daniel's left foot is covered by some branches and leaves. Both of Sawyer's feet are covered by the table. Miles' right foot is concealed by a Dharma can. Hurley's left foot is behind Charlotte. Can't see Locke, Desmond or Jack's feet because they are standing in the back row. Sun has her left foot behind her right leg. And Charlotte and Sayeed's toes are covered.

fikus222
02-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm currently watching Juliet play a stigmatic Nun on a repeat of House.

apostle2
02-17-2009, 11:53 PM
just watched widmore on one of this season's Flight of the Conchords. that weirded me out

davrone
02-18-2009, 08:20 AM
This season is so damn good! So, what made Rousseau's crew go completely insane? At first I thought they all went zombie, so it was definitely great to see that they didn't on last week's episode. I'm thinking the smoke monster's influence corrupted her crew, since they weren't "worthy" to be on the island. Or maybe her crew wanted to disrupt the island like Widmore? I still want to know more about Rousseau and her crew!

NicoDread
02-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Lot of feet aren't showing in the picture. Daniel's left foot is covered by some branches and leaves. Both of Sawyer's feet are covered by the table. Miles' right foot is concealed by a Dharma can. Hurley's left foot is behind Charlotte. Can't see Locke, Desmond or Jack's feet because they are standing in the back row. Sun has her left foot behind her right leg. And Charlotte and Sayeed's toes are covered.

Look a little closer. Faraday's foot isn't hidden, it's missing.

OnlyNonStranger
02-18-2009, 09:38 AM
No it's not, the branches in the foreground are covering it up.

And why would a promo picture have anything to do with what is going on in the story?

Young blood
02-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Jin is also missing from said promo. Means nothing.

It looks like they photochoped both feet. Maybe he wore his air force 1's to the photo shoot and they edited them out later.