PDA

View Full Version : LADYTRON 2009

daft$tar
11-08-2008, 11:45 PM
PLEASE!?

classic shit and the latest record Velocifero is great - they always tour like crazy for their albums so they would be more than down - thoughts?

QWxtuqrZVWA

FPng9EMeyz8

daft$tar
11-08-2008, 11:48 PM
-9K6TRkLYGI

indietron
11-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes please!! This would be such a nice addition... Good call star

cooperb1
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
yes please

sbessiso
11-09-2008, 04:35 AM
For sure! I wanted to see them at Bonnaroo this year but get this, guess what time they were playing. Just guess.

They had them as one of the first acts on sunday, broad daylight, everyone is cracked out from the night before. Failure! I couldnt even walk on sunday haha

futureperfect
11-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Ladytron would be awesome. I got to see them earlier this year right after Velocifero came out. Minds were blown I took a friend who had never even heard of them and she was obsessed afterward. The light show and the people dancing would be magnificent!!! Seventeen all the way!

Boourns
11-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Velocifero is a great album. It's rare nowadays for a band's latest album to be as good as the previous, too. And definitely book their opening act for their European tour this month: ASOBI SEKSU

That would be an epic double-billing.

DJdharma
11-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Ladytron in the Sahara Saturday night!

And, didn't they play coachella a few years back?
Well, bring 'em back. They've got a new album to promote!

Pixiessp
11-09-2008, 08:09 AM
they played in 2006 in the Mojave tent. they really need to play in a wide open space. the Outdoor stage after the sunset band.

Foucault
11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Am I the only longterm Ladytron fan who thinks that Velocifero is shite?! I've seen them so many times that I'd probably check out another act during that slot.

Edmontonian
11-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah! Seen em twice at coachella 06 and this summer for their velocifero tour. Super rad both times.

Yeah you might be the only one Focault.

Donaldj
11-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I love Velocifero too. I have seen them a bunch of times already but they are always great live. Ladytron would be a worthy addition to 09.

daft$tar
11-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Am I the only longterm Ladytron fan who thinks that Velocifero is shite?! I've seen them so many times that I'd probably check out another act during that slot.

wow - im shocked!!!! hmmm

saharah at NIGHT would be epic - or mojave -

Jman4321
11-10-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm not the biggest velocifero fan either. to me it sounds like they didn't try nearly as hard and fell back on old tropes. Witching Hour is the amazing one in my opinion. They pushed through the electroclash stereotypes and produced a simply great new wave album. I saw them touring that album and touring velocifero and I will admit the show following witching hour was much, much better. They had more energy it seemed, the songs translated better live than velocifero's, people we more into it honestly. As much as I love them I think I would skip it too if another band I like that I haven't seen was playing.

amyzzz
11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
PLEASE!?

classic shit and the latest record Velocifero is great - they always tour like crazy for their albums so they would be more than down - thoughts?

Tour like crazy? :nono
They skipped my city this year. I want them at Coachella.

edit: also, I don't really like Velocifero.

RedThom
11-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd really like to have them back in 09.

If anything just to see them with this wild new set they apparently tour with now.

Pixiessp
11-10-2008, 10:35 AM
they played a ton of shows in Europe. I couldn't believe how much they toured. For the Witching Hour tour I think they were out for over a year.

Velocifero is my least favorite of all their stuff but I still love them.

RedThom
11-10-2008, 10:43 AM
its sad too because I thought "Witching Hour" was a damn decent follow up to "Light and Magic"

I guess every band has albums that fall flat on fans

Boourns
11-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I liked Velocifero, moreso than the usual "latest album" from a lot of bands.

daft$tar
11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Tour like crazy? :nono
They skipped my city this year. I want them at Coachella.

edit: also, I don't really like Velocifero.

they toured for 2 years with Witching Hour - im sure they will be back around your way - what city do you live in???

amyzzz
11-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Phoenix, the 5th largest US city, but the last possible choice for any touring bands.

daft$tar
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
aw shit they have to play phoenix! they will - im sure they will be going out again for the record early in the year

or you can see them at coachella 09 ;)

futureperfect
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Ladytron toured the heck out of Witching Hour they came through the dallas area 5 times and then a 6th time doing DJ sets.

Foucault
11-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm not the biggest velocifero fan either. to me it sounds like they didn't try nearly as hard and fell back on old tropes. Witching Hour is the amazing one in my opinion. They pushed through the electroclash stereotypes and produced a simply great new wave album. I saw them touring that album and touring velocifero and I will admit the show following witching hour was much, much better. They had more energy it seemed, the songs translated better live than velocifero's, people we more into it honestly. As much as I love them I think I would skip it too if another band I like that I haven't seen was playing.

Agreed.

PierogiHead
11-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Maybe they, along with Goldfrapp and Sia, will play with Christina Aguilera in the Sahara since they are all working on her new album.

(This theoretical is a joke, by the way. The news of all three of those artists working on Aguilera's new album is not, though.)

daft$tar
11-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe they, along with Goldfrapp and Sia, will play with Christina Aguilera in the Sahara since they are all working on her new album.

(This theoretical is a joke, by the way. The news of all three of those artists working on Aguilera's new album is not, though.)

i heard this...

could be interesting - never been a huge christina fan though

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/147270-christina-aguilera-working-with-goldfrapp-ladytron