PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL DEPECHE MODE 2009 Thread

Jremy
11-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Perhaps a stretch, but a definite possibility.
European tour starts in May
http://www.depechemode.com/temp/#dates

captncrzy
11-07-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15279&highlight=depeche+mode

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-07-2008, 05:23 PM
End Scene.

Jremy
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
^this means nothing.

oftheheartofthesoul
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Babies havin' babies

mschirmersf
12-19-2008, 09:49 PM
WTF! You are all high. As if anything has to do with the price of eggs in Bolivia.
WTF!

mschirmersf
12-19-2008, 09:50 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Depeche Mode was SO 07!

I WANT THE PRESETS!

stinkbutt
12-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Depeche Mode was SO 07!

go back to the drunk thread

paganman7
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Depeche Mode was SO 07!

I WANT THE PRESETS!

Uh...'06?

And The Presets would be awesome.

gaypalmsprings
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
The reason I started to attend Coachella was Depeche Mode in '06. It was be awesome to have them back.

nationocean
12-21-2008, 07:12 PM
i went for madonna

suprefan
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
So gay

far gone and out
12-22-2008, 05:40 AM
dm are doing production for the tour in santa barbara and new york this spring so a coachella slot could be in the works.

they aren't due in north america until late summer/early fall so it might be the buzz they need over here with the album release this spring.

captncrzy
12-22-2008, 06:11 AM
They're doing it in Santa Barbara and New York because that's where Dave and Martin live. Besides, that's happening in February. They're doing a few warm up shows but no one knows where yet. DM wouldn't use a festival like Coachella to work kinks out of their show before their tour starts. It's not happening.

nationocean
12-22-2008, 07:49 AM
In 2005, I went just for the frozen lemonade.

Stinky
12-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I never got the appeal of this band. They're OK but just OK.

far gone and out
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I never got the appeal of this band. They're OK but just OK.

they are more than ok.

carmawerx
12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
member dis? :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM09.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM08.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM07.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM06.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM05.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/carmaslim/DM03.jpg

donkey sex
12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Will KMFDM start any shit if they play the same day?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
why?

carmawerx
12-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Will KMFDM start any shit if they play the same day?

Ha! Prolly not, lol? :/

...i too lov KMFDM.

mr powerful
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
New Album release one day after Coachella ends. Mhhhhhh?!?!

Alchemy
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I want new headliners.

obzen
01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
i like Depeche too,but like Tool,i think its too soon for a return...
but Martin Gore performing Shake the Disease was a rare treat!

Cydewonder
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
The reason I started to attend Coachella was Depeche Mode in '06. It was be awesome to have them back.

Ha, same here...but for a band as big as them - they were a disapointment.
I was hoping theyd play all their 80s new wave dance songs instead they played alot of slow songs & stuff if wasnt too familar with.

I Say NO DEPECHE MODE IN 09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donaldj
01-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I was finally able to talk my exgf (after years of asking) into going to Coachella because of Depeche Mode in 06. I thought their set was great. I was surprised when I read all the negative opinions of the set. They covered a little bit of everything spanning 25 years of material. I remember being bummed they didn't play John The Revelator but was really happy when they did do Photographic. I wouldn't mind seeing them again but I would prefer some new headliners too.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-15-2009, 08:19 PM
I strongly approve of this thread.
Depeche Mode kicks serious ass.
One of my most influential bands.

obzen
01-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I was finally able to talk my exgf (after years of asking) into going to Coachella because of Depeche Mode in 06. I thought their set was great. I was surprised when I read all the negative opinions of the set. They covered a little bit of everything spanning 25 years of material. I remember being bummed they didn't play John The Revelator but was really happy when they did do Photographic. I wouldn't mind seeing them again but I would prefer some new headliners too.

where were you reading that at?

photographic at the end was a treat wasnt it!

Donaldj
01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Not in this thread per say, the general attitude I have gathered from the last three years of posts on this board and others was that they were bad live.

boardboy
01-16-2009, 06:12 AM
DM are 10000% better live than Morrissey, Beck, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Neil Young and the Killers. And it is FACT that they would sell a lot more tickets than any of the above acts as their fan base is extremely loyal and if this is their first show promoting a new album and only show in US before the fall it would be a big get for Goldenvoice.

For the people who say that they wouldnt use a festival to work out kinks...all tours start somewhere. They will play warmup club shows and rehearse for a while. Wouldnt u rather have some glitches at a festival than at your own headlining show? The first stop on the DM tour is scheduled for Tel Aviv in a stadium...thats no different than Coachella.

garrett222
01-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Depeche Mode saved my coachella 06 experience. I was there watching them and after 3 songs I was so bored I told my g/f we should go check out this band Daft Punk i'd really only knew through the around the world song and thats it.

thanks to depeche mode sucking so bad at coachella, I saw the greatest electronic show I'll probably ever see.

captncrzy
01-16-2009, 07:19 AM
I've been a DM fan for over 15 years, have seen every tour, am a DMMB member, and can tell you without a doubt that DM is NOT playing. They are very meticulous in their tour planning, and very predictable as well. They do not do "one-offs".

1) They didn't enjoy Coachella-too many non-fans wanting to hear all the hits. That's not how they roll.

2) Their tour starts May 2 in Isreal. They are rehearsing in New York and Isreal and will probably do a couple of warm-up shows in clubs before their tour starts. That's how they always roll.

3) Fletch is a big mouth. If they were playing Coachella, we'd know already.

They aren't playing-so stop bringing it up.

SFChrissy
01-16-2009, 07:21 AM
preach it sistahhh!!!

sbessiso
01-16-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm sound as a pound if they grace Miami with their presence

garrett222
01-16-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm sound as a pound of they grace Miami with their presence

of they grace? Is this some new language?

Cydewonder
01-16-2009, 07:43 AM
DM are 10000% better live than Morrissey, Beck, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Neil Young and the Killers. And it is FACT that they would sell a lot more tickets than any of the above acts as their fan base is extremely loyal and if this is their first show promoting a new album and only show in US before the fall it would be a big get for Goldenvoice.

For the people who say that they wouldnt use a festival to work out kinks...all tours start somewhere. They will play warmup club shows and rehearse for a while. Wouldnt u rather have some glitches at a festival than at your own headlining show? The first stop on the DM tour is scheduled for Tel Aviv in a stadium...thats no different than Coachella.

well they werent a 10000% better live than Franz in 06' and they had played a few big shows before that, like staples.

1) They didn't enjoy Coachella-too many non-fans wanting to hear all the hits. That's not how they roll.

I kinda got that feeling that they would be better @ their own show than at a festival too, my friend went to their show @ staples and see it was good. I didnt wanna pay $60 just to see them tho' espescially when you can see like 30 more bands for $80 @ coachella. O' well ending the night with daft punk was worth it.

microcuts
01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Not in this thread per say, the general attitude I have gathered from the last three years of posts on this board and others was that they were bad live.

Yes, but the majority of the people on this board hate the headliners every year unless it's OMGRADIOHEADLULZ

The bottom line: Depeche always put on a great performance; Dave Gahan is a fantastic frontman. But they're not going to be at Coachella. They will be in the U.S. for a Late Summer/Fall 2009 tour, though.

boardboy
01-16-2009, 07:58 AM
I've been a DM fan for almost 20 years and I agree that their set at Coachella was less than stellar compared to other shows I have seen them do (and I have seen A LOT). But I am thinking about it from Goldenvoice's perspective...they sell a lot of tickets and dont cost as much as say Radiohead.

It definitely is a long shot...but it's not as out there as half the rumors on this board. They are playing festivals in Europe and were rumored to play the Pemberton festival until that was pulled...so why not do Coachella again a few days before your new album drops to get the big press in the US that is hard for DM to come by these days...they get press easily in Europe.

Of course this is all wishful thinking on my end as they are my favorite band and would rather see them than pretty much all of the bands rumored.

sbessiso
02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
So I DO love the fact that they're hitting my city, but I don't like the fact that it's the very last stop on this very long tour. They're gunna be so tired and anxious to take a break. That thought in mind is what has me leaning towards Lolla

captncrzy
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
They aren't playing Coachella.

sbessiso
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
...I know that

New song

kTWA0Nn3j8o

erikua
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
http://media.depechemode.com/main_site/2009_gr/wrong_prerelease_index_bg.jpg

mattpach
02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
...I know that

New song

kTWA0Nn3j8o

:pulse :pulse :pulse :pulse :pulse

I'm really taking a liking to this song.

oyeloca
02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
fsdfasdf

amyzzz
02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
The song is pretty cool. What's with Martin's wacky hats? Is he having hair issues?

fatbastard
02-24-2009, 05:22 AM
My only DM complaint on the main stage was that they had too many lights.

mlant
02-25-2009, 11:23 AM
It was hard for me to enjoy Depeche Mode in '06 because my ex girlfriend was being a cock tease during their whole set.
So, it'd be nice to have them back so as to pay attention this time.
fuck

fatbastard
02-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Are you still with her?

DFrank
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Soooo 06'.

suprefan
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
My only DM complaint on the main stage was that they had too many lights.

Henry, whats the point of a band using their entire production, if you of all people would say they had to many lights? Daft Punk didnt have too many lights right?

:nono

fatbastard
02-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Henry, whats the point of a band using their entire production, if you of all people would say they had to many lights? Daft Punk didnt have too many lights right?

:nono

It still surprising to see how people explain why I SHOULD have felt a certain way versus how I ACTUALLY feel(felt).

:yyablo

JSam67
04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Anyone else going to their Kimmel performance on Thursday??

Kid B
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Definately. It's going to be great.

monodistortion
04-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Hey I may have one extra ticket for Depeche Mode so send me a pm if you're still looking. I think it's going to be a total mad-house with thousands of people, but pretty fun. You'd have to meet me before to check in together. I'm planning on taking the Red Line and getting there around 3pm.

Here are the details from 1iota:

EVENT NAME: Depeche Mode at Hollywood and Vine
EVENT DATE: Thursday, April 23, 2009
ARRIVAL TIME: 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Intersection of Hollywood Blvd and North El Centro Ave
6126 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028
**Look for the 1iota Check-in Tent**

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:

* Everyone must be at least 16 years old and have a valid state/government issued ID or passport (with a visible date-of-birth) to attend a taping.

DRESS:

* Please dress comfortably as the event is outdoors and prepare for the weather. WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES AS YOU WILL BE STANDING FOR 3-4 HOURS! Please do not wear a solid white shirt, shorts, baseball hats, elaborate patterns or large logos, as they are not camera-friendly.

1iota CHECK-IN LOCATION:
You will see a large Jimmy Kimmel Live Check-In tent in the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and North El Centro Ave. The closest address to that intersection is 6126 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028. You will need your ID and eticket at check-in. The 1iota member with the tickets must be present at check-in. Your entire group must arrive together. We will begin pre-wristbanding ticket holders at 3pm but doors open at 5pm.

PARKING:
Because we are expecting thousands of attendees, we recommend that you park as far West or East of the event and walk to check-in. Most of the parking lots near the event will be closed or hard to reach due to street closures and foot traffic. We recommend using the Hollywood & Highland Complex paid parking structure, which is West of the event. We will NOT validate any parking for this event. You can and should use the MTA if possible.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
We recommend that you use the MTA if possible. Take the RED LINE to the Hollywood/Vine stop. We recommend that you pre-buy a MTA DAY PASS as the lines will be long that day.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

WHAT TO EXPECT:

* Pre-Check-In will begin at 3pm. Doors will open at 5pm. Doors will close at 7:30pm. Band will perform around 7:45pm. Event will be over around 9pm.

* It will be a long day as as it will take us a few hours to process all ticket holders through security! We are expecting thousands of attendees. Lines will be long!

* No alcohol will be served, however, water and soda will be available. No food will be served within the venue or allowed in. Please eat before you arrive.

* Traffic will be especially bad once you get close to the event site. Please allow extra time.

* Parking will be hard to find near the event. We suggest parking east of the event and walking to the check-in location listed above.

TICKET NOTES:

* Tickets can NOT be sold! Do not buy tickets from any source because they will not be valid. These tickets are FREE and non-transferable. The name of the 1iota Member will be on our WILL CALL List and you must have an I.D. to match that name.

SECURITY CHECK:
Everyone attending the show must go through a security check before gaining access to the event. Please downsize any purses or bags you are bringing with you. NO LARGE BAGS or BACKPACKS will be allowed in!!! No digital or video cameras will be allowed in. Everyone will be subject to search.

CANCELLATION POLICY:
Please be aware, reservations are not guaranteed. Shows can cancel or change at any time. If your show should cancel or require a specialized audience, we will notify you as soon as possible, and do our best to reschedule you for another taping without too much inconvenience.

SPECIAL NEEDS:
If you, or someone in your party uses a wheelchair or requires assistance, please phone us at: (866) JIMMY-TIX (Tuesday through Friday from 1pm-4pm) after requesting your tickets! You MUST notify us if a guest in a wheelchair will be attending the show. Any special accommodations are subject to availability and are at the discretion of the studio.

FILMING NOTICE:
If you choose to attend the event to which this Notice is attached, you irrevocably consent to and authorize 12:05 AM Productions, Inc., its affiliates, successors, parent companies, assigns, officers, employees, representative, designees and licensees (collectively “Authorized Parties) to photograph, film, videotape, record and/or portray your name, voice and likeness (collectively the “Material”) and to own and use the Material without compensation to you throughout the universe, for any purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, in any media, whether now know or hereafter devised. You release 12:05 and the Authorized Parties from and against any and all claims or liability arising from your presence at the event and/or any uses of the Material and waive any right to seek injunctive relief or other equitable relief therefor.

DISCLAIMER:

NOT TO BE SOLD OR TRANSFERRED MUST BE USED BY THE INVITEE ONLY (WHO MUST SHOW VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID) -- REVOCABLE AT ANY TIME

E-tickets are in excess of capacity; therefore, an e-ticket may not guarantee admittance. 1iota is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by unauthorized duplication. In the event that duplicate copies appear, the producers and 1iota Productions LLC reserves the right to refuse entry to all ticket holders. By confirming this e-ticket, the invitee grants to the producers of this program, its sponsors and those licensed to broadcast the Program live, exhibit it, consent to use the invitees name, voice and likeness in the Program and in publicity and promotional materials for the program. The invitee hereby acknowledges that 1iota Productions, LLC owns all rights to the Program. The invitee releases and holds harmless 1iota Productions, LLC, the sponsor(s) of the program and its advertising agencies from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property arising out of the acceptance of this e-ticket or attendance at or exhibition of the Program. The producers and 1iota Productions LLC reserve the right to refuse admission and/or search any individual and his/her possessions, and to revoke this ticket at any time. SMOKING AND THE USE OF CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. TAPING SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

morelifefucker
04-23-2009, 10:52 PM
did anyone go to the kimmel taping? not bad for being free.

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I went to the Kimmel taping. I had studio tix, which meant watching the live show, then walking to the show (.8 mile) and having a most excellent spot about 40 feet from the stage. After a lot of the VIPs left, they let us others into the VIP area. DM sang 6 songs I think, and lasted about 40 minutes. They were in top form. No fancy lights or spaceships, just great music. It made for a long day, but well worth it.

fatbastard
04-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Agreed. I'm quite beat up this AM.

captncrzy
04-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Where's the setlist? I only know about Personal Jesus because Chris called me and let me listen over the phone.

fatbastard
04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Started off with wrong. Also played walking in my shoes.

morelifefucker
04-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I went to the Kimmel taping. I had studio tix, which meant watching the live show, then walking to the show (.8 mile) and having a most excellent spot about 40 feet from the stage. After a lot of the VIPs left, they let us others into the VIP area. DM sang 6 songs I think, and lasted about 40 minutes. They were in top form. No fancy lights or spaceships, just great music. It made for a long day, but well worth it.

Yeah that was a long day. I stood in that long ass line then stood for a couple hours waiting for them to play. Was in the first section on the left next to the stack of speakers. Not that bad of a view. Was def all worth it.

captncrzy
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
So, this is interesting...

In an interview with The Quietus today, Erasure's Vince Clarke confirmed that he was currently working on a new dance record with Depeche Mode's Martin Gore.

Clarke left Depeche Mode in 1981, but " target="out">revealed on Twitter earlier this year that he and Gore would be collaborating on a new project together.

And today, he told us: "I am collaborating with Martin Gore on a kind of dancey record.

"I emailed him and asked if he wanted to make a dance record. It’s going to be a long, long process. I’m emailing him my ideas and he’s emailing me ideas back and so we're just compiling stuff that way, but it’s moving along so I’m quite excited about that."

When asked whether he'd spoken to Gore before discussing working together again, he replied: "No, we'd spoken about twice. I don't know [why I asked]; I think I'd had a few beers and I just did it. I thought, 'He can only say no', but he came back with a positive response and I thought 'Excellent'."

As of yet, however, there's no firm date for when the project will be finish, with Clarke saying he "had no idea" when fans would be able to hear the material.

Check back on The Quietus soon for a full length interview with Vince Clarke about the new Yazoo live album and the latest news with Erasure.

ivankay
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
my old friend got interviewed for his DM affiliation. (http://laist.com/2010/10/22/daniel_barassi.php)

If you see him at the Recoil show tomorrow, wish him a happy birthday.

jazzz
10-23-2010, 11:08 PM
is anyone here going? Martin is djing the after party! Can't wait.

sbessiso
10-24-2010, 01:02 AM
WHAT?!??!?!

jazzz
10-24-2010, 02:17 AM
oh sorry sebs... it's Recoil w/ Martin Gore djing the after party at Galaxy tomorrow night. Meet/greet bullshit as well. Sold out!!

sbessiso
10-24-2010, 04:23 AM
if i had known MG was gunna be there i would have gotten a ticket. now im really sad :(

captncrzy
10-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm so upset I didn't get to go to this. Fucking wedding.

jazzz
10-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm hoping Martin joins Alan on stage for a surprise. Anyways I will let y'all know how it turns out!

jazzz
11-27-2010, 12:07 PM
British new wave kings Depeche Mode have announced plans go the remix route for the next musical venture and it’ll come featuring some rather interesting contributions. Slicing Up Eyeballs reports, the as-yet-untitled release will contain remixes by former members Alan Wilder and Vince Clarke, marking the first time since 1981 that all original Depeche Mode members are featured on the same album. Clarke informed fans of his involvement via Twitter, announcing that a remix of Music for the Masses‘ “Behind the Wheel” was in the works. Reworkings by Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Brandon Flowers of The Killers are also rumored to appear on the album.

Per Depeche Mode community site Home, more details will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

captncrzy
11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Awesome!!!!!

obzen
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Alan Wilder? That's badass.

sbessiso
11-27-2010, 07:37 PM
This is how is starts, first show up and perform for the first time in years, then a remix or two here and then BAM full on reunion tour

CrimesceneCookie
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
would it make any difference to the sound whatsoever if he was there?
I mean I like Alan Wilder and all, and thought some of his Recoil stuff was way better than what DM was doing at the time, but I really don't see the point of a live reunion.

sbessiso
11-27-2010, 08:19 PM
no you're right, but im thinking the setlists would be pretty damn epic

jazzz
11-27-2010, 08:42 PM
would it make any difference to the sound whatsoever if he was there?
I mean I like Alan Wilder and all, and thought some of his Recoil stuff was way better than what DM was doing at the time, but I really don't see the point of a live reunion.

If they were to make a new record with Alan yes I think you would hear a difference in the sound.. Having Alan only touring with them would be great just to see it again after all these years.

captncrzy
11-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Yes, you'd hear a difference with Alan in the mix--especially on an album. I'd love it if they stripped back down to their "3 keyboards and a Dave" setup.

obzen
11-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Compared to their keyboard/synthesizer/pre-programmed drum tracks and sample heyday, I reckon it's their current rock ensemble that is stripped down as it were.

obzen
11-28-2010, 07:54 AM
As much as I prefer the synths/pre-programmed beats and old-school shit, it was a real treat to witness Martin Gore do his solo rendition of Shake The Disease.

microcuts
11-28-2010, 08:17 AM
If they were to make a new record with Alan yes I think you would hear a difference in the sound.. Having Alan only touring with them would be great just to see it again after all these years.

Plus not to mention that of all the older songs they still play live - most of them are using the same backing tracks and arrangements that Alan created for previous tours while he was a member of the band. That's not to say that Alan would feel inclined to take the time to update anything now, but it's pretty clear that he was the visionary of the band. Martin's the composer, and Dave is the showman. Alan would definitely have a major impact on both a studio recording and the live setting if he were to come back.

They still know how to put on a good show, but the last couple tours have really felt like the same tour. Same songs, same arrangements. The only real differences are the new album tracks and Martin's acoustic segments.

sbessiso
11-28-2010, 09:22 AM
They still know how to put on a good show, but the last couple tours have really felt like the same tour. Same songs, same arrangements. The only real differences are the new album tracks and Martin's acoustic segments.

As much as I worship them I have noticed this through my collection of DVDs. Pretty much the same set of crowd pleasers etc, I mean its GREAT but I think Alan coming back is what they need to shake it up

jazzz
11-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Plus not to mention that of all the older songs they still play live - most of them are using the same backing tracks and arrangements that Alan created for previous tours while he was a member of the band. That's not to say that Alan would feel inclined to take the time to update anything now, but it's pretty clear that he was the visionary of the band. Martin's the composer, and Dave is the showman. Alan would definitely have a major impact on both a studio recording and the live setting if he were to come back.

Yes very true Alan was left with the bulk of the work dealing with learning new gear/programming etc. while the other 2 had a party + Fletch being non-musical. This was the main reason he left.