PDA

View Full Version : The Avett Brothers

theripped
11-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Anyone heard of these guys? They are incredible live! I would love to see them or Old Crow Medicine Show here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYerGCsv5kw

frozen pilgrim
11-07-2008, 08:39 AM
they played in 07. they were good. I'd only watch if there were no conflicts

matildawong
11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I had never heard them but was pleasantly surprised at their little gem of a performance in 07.

My friend is a music writer in NC and so she came out to Coachella and did a story on them that year.

Sonicifyouwantit
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Anyone heard of these guys? They are incredible live! I would love to see them or Old Crow Medicine Show here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYerGCsv5kw

you missed em by a year. I saw old crow medicine show last night in hollywood. great set! they closed with "the weight" by the band and had jacob dylan and gillian welch join them. old crow played stagecoach last year I think. last night was my 7th time seeing them, they are tied at 7 with hot chip and beck for me.

send me ctrpllrs
11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I wonder if the Avett Brothers new album will be out by Coachella 2009, I'd love to see them back. They put on such a good show.

rage patton
11-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I missed them at Coachella 07 and I seriously regret it. I have seen them twice since then, and they are pretty incredible live. I love em and I would LOVE to have em back!

Ardentbiscuit
11-09-2008, 02:06 PM
These guys are awesome but keep missing them!

Pea
12-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm going to give this a much needed bump. They've been working on their follow-up to I and Love and You throughout 2011 and are expected to release it early 2012. I only watched them briefly at Sasquatch 09 before I had ever really heard them but remember being really caught up in how exciting of a live band they are. With Mumford bringing alt-country/folk (what the fuck ever) to the masses I think it would make perfect sense to have the Avetts back again.

Neighborhood Creep
12-20-2011, 07:06 AM
They played 2010 on the Outdoor with some sound issues.

Pea
12-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Far out.

Neighborhood Creep
12-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Far out.

I'm a fan and also hope for their return btw

casey
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Very good!

grichsgang
12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Got stuck in the clusterchella line on Friday in '10 and missed them. Hope they come back.

tessalasset
01-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Avett Bros is one of my favorite Coachella memories. I remember walking over to the Gobi tent to see Grizzly Bear and walking into their set cause I got there too early. I hadn't heard Grizz yet, just had heard a bunch of hype and wanted to check it out. These guys were playing and my jaw dropped. I was completely captivated with their set. Slowly walked up closer and closer to the railing, getting pulled in more and more. By the end of their set I was asking everyone around me what the name of their band was, and finally got The Avett Brothers out of sometime. I bought every record they were selling in the record shop on site. I didn't even remember seeing their name on the poster prior to the show. They were easily one of my favorite sets that year. I remember describing them to friends like punk music with acoustic instruments. After that, I saw them every single time they came to LA, only missing two shows in the past four years. Their Coachella 2010 set was definitely riddled with problems, but they handled it like pros and didn't visibly bitch and moan to the audience. Their Stagecoach set the next weekend was light years better. I told them after the show I really appreciated how they handled themselves on stage the week before. Scott told me they were SO frustrated and were so sorry for the audience to have to deal with that.

But yeah, such a great band. I wish they would play every year. I also hope their next album has less piano and more banjo.

aguadulce
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
^^^

I wish that was my story. I got into them heavily about 6 months after they played in the Gobi tent and then saw that they played Coachella and I was there and I missed them. I did like the outdoor stage set even with the sound problems a few years later.

pachucasunrise
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Got stuck in the clusterchella line on Friday in '10 and missed them. Hope they come back.

Same. Only got to see I And Love And You, my least favorite song of theirs. They've supposedly got a new record out soon, it'd be nice to see them this year.

bobchella
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Awesome show in '10

gaypalmsprings
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
They were awesome at Stagecoach.

rage patton
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I also hope their next album has less piano and more banjo.

This. Love them, but was very disapointed in their last album.