PDA

View Full Version : ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead for Coachella '09?

PierogiHead
11-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I love this band, despite the vast majority of critics thinking their last two efforts were overblown departures. Yet, they just released an EP that finds them latching back onto their "Source Tags and Codes" days, and a new LP comes out in early 2009. They have not played Coachella for years, so I am going to venture saying we see them returning this time around. Bring your earplugs.

RedThom
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
"Source Tags and Codes" is still one my favorite records to listen to on headphones or just really loud, but Trail of Dead could never deliver live in the way they did to their records... Shit, they can't even make "How Near, How Far" sound as wonderful.

They just have tendency to do too much on the records they can't do live

futureperfect
11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Im going to see them tomorrow night in Dallas. Source Tags and Codes is the best of their works. The new ep is incredible and they almost always put on a stellar live show. They would be a welcome additoin to the show.

Sonicifyouwantit
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I'd be down. It'd be the third or fourth time seeing them but that's fine. I love worlds apart

orbit
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Im going to see them tomorrow night in Dallas. Source Tags and Codes is the best of their works. The new ep is incredible and they almost always put on a stellar live show. They would be a welcome additoin to the show.

i think i'm going to see deerhoof instead.

ask them if they are playing coachella.

futureperfect
11-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I saw Deerhoof last time and they will probably be back. They were alright but nothing spectacular. I was going to try to see Deerhoof then go see TOD but decided against it.

Sonicifyouwantit
11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
not a fan of deerhoof...its the vocals. deer hunter is pretty good though.