PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Furnaces for 09

futureperfect
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Fiery Furnaces is an underated innovative band and each album they put out is more amazing than the next. They are doing a couple of shows with Of Montreal soon but Id love to see them play Coachella next year.

outof_nowhere
11-04-2008, 09:50 AM
that would be pretty nice

futureperfect
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Yes it would be sweet because they are one of those bands who when you see them live are always doing alternate versions of songs and doing things with their music that isnt so conventional or widely accepted. Perfect for Coachella

Jman4321
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
An appearance by them has been a long time coming.

oftheheartofthesoul
11-05-2008, 06:36 AM
No thanks. Call me pedestrian but I just don't get it.

Coachella Bound
11-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Saw them a few months back. Grand Ole Party was touring with them. Um, well Im not opposed to this at all. I went in really not liking what i had heard, but after there set I really saw them for what they are, inovative. Cant hate on a band for trying to bring there art to the next level.

chimpat
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Good band, can see them playing a tent.

orbit
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
last time i saw them opening for super furry animals. it was amazing. hope to see them at coachella next year.

futureperfect
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Hell yeah that was the last time I saw them opening for Super Furry Animals. I went up to Eleanor after the show and told her how much she rocked. She always dresses so stylish

pocket
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
awful. saw them at the troubadour like a year ago and was incredibly bored. i did stick it out the whole set waiting for something interesting to happen, and well a girl passed out drunk, that was all the excitement for the show.

futureperfect
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Fiery Furnaces are excellent i just think you have to listen to all their music on cd before you can appreciate them live and most of the time they do different versions of the songs played or alternate versions. They are ever changing and there is a lot of backstory that someone who is not a fan may not be able to appreciate, but just like everything to each his own. Im sorry about your disappointing show

pocket
11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Fiery Furnaces are excellent i just think you have to listen to all their music on cd before you can appreciate them live and most of the time they do different versions of the songs played or alternate versions. They are ever changing and there is a lot of backstory that someone who is not a fan may not be able to appreciate, but just like everything to each his own. Im sorry about your disappointing show

i had listened to the albums and didnt really like them either. i just had read so much hype about them and figured i should still go, plus it was only like $10. still would never waste 2 hours of my life watching them again... unless they were killing baby seals on stage.