ani boy
11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=11678

mvanwinkle
11-02-2008, 09:19 PM
fuck that

Californicator
11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I could die happily if I heard "Last of the Famous International Playboys" live.

JustSteve
11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
never heard of them.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-03-2008, 08:45 AM
...so the pollstar article pretty much retold what the Sun has already said.

RedThom
11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
...so the pollstar article pretty much retold what the Sun has already said.

You'd think people that possibly get paid to do this shit for a living would at least do a simple google search with the words "smiths reunion" and not just... copy and paste an article.

tyles
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I could die happily if I heard "Last of the Famous International Playboys" live.

Considering that's a Morrissey solo song, that'll be something that'll happen sooner than a Smiths/Morrissey-Marr reunion.

As with any Bowie rumors, a Smiths reunion is something I will believe when I see it.

Also, a live version of LOTFIP is on the bonus disc of Morrissey's recent "Greatest Hits" album.

futureperfect
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I think a lot of it is just hype for the November 10th release of "The Sounds of The Smiths" Compilation.

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
That's a good point future. It is curious that all this hype is surfacing now that a new release is right around the corner.

(2006, gigwise.com interview) When asked why he would not reform with The Smiths, Morrissey responded "I feel as if I’ve worked very hard since the demise of The Smiths and the others haven’t, so why hand them attention that they haven’t earned? We are not friends, we don’t see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?"

Just last year promoters were throwing monopoly money at Morrissey to no avail ($75 mil for a 50 date world tour). The guy seems like he simply doesn't care.

karecares
11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
^^^ your new avi threw me off bigtime!^^^^

can't we put the rumors down for a bit, at least until these rumors are closer to the festival announcement time, it's cruel and unusual punishment to any smiths fan (which i am)

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I'm sneaky like that. Agree on the rumors, though I'm not helping the situation. Raising my own anxiety levels months before any official announcement :nono

futureperfect
11-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Who knows maybe this is the year they do it. Only time would tell. I would die happy because I was too young to see the Smiths but have seen Morrissey many times since 91 and I have seen Johnny Marr play with The The opening for Depeche Mode and with Modest Mouse, but to have them bury the hatchet for one show would make people happy worldwide. If they would only realize how important they were and are to so many maybe it would change their minds.