PDA

View Full Version : Completely unlikely but a Coachella miracle

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.celebwelove.com/Michael_Jackson/michael_jackson12.jpg

“Michael said he wasn’t doing a Vegas residency but was going on a world tour, taking in 30 cities next year. “He said he wanted to do it for his kids. He wants them to see what he does, and he wants to take them on the road. “He said he was on his way to Los Angeles to finalize the details.”

http://www.bossip.com/43373/the-comeback-kid-2/

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I am not sure how I feel about this one. but I would watch it.

rskapcat
10-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I am not sure how I feel about this one. but I would watch it.

QFT.

Goodtoknow
10-27-2008, 01:06 PM
This would honestly be probably the most exciting headliner Coachella could snag in my eyes.

summerkid
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM
nope nope nope not going to happen.

paganman7
10-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Even though he's one of the most talented recording artists of all time, there's something about him that I just can't seem to put my finger on.....oh wait, he molests children, that's it.

I just can't look past the pedophilia to see the true artist underneath.

captncrzy
10-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Will his white children be accompanying him? You know, the ones he paid a white woman and an unknown father for?

I can't get past the pedophelia AND the fact that he's cut his nose off, bleached his skin, and bought white children to parade around.

Boourns
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd definitely like to see that, so long as he isn't lip-syncing. But could goldenvoice afford him and could they set up his house of monkeys and hyperbaric chamber and all that insane stuff for his artist trailer?

summerkid
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Even though he's one of the most talented recording artists of all time, there's something about him that I just can't seem to put my finger on.....oh wait, he molests children, that's it.

its not even that i mean there are quite a few artists that have been charged with some kind of pedophilia and been cleared of charges that I would see...but MJ is just a freak show at this point.

locachica73
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM

I completely agree. I have no desire whatsoever to see him live, even though I grew up with his music, back when he was still semi normal. In fact I would even reconsider attending coachella at all if he was going to be there, just because of the whole idea of what he did.

ivankay
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
No. Saw him live and except for 2 songs, it was like a hollow circus.

BlackSwan
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
It won't happen... he would melt in the desert sun.

captncrzy
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
haha; I bet there's some truth to that.

Howard Stern has a pretty funny story in his first book about an encounter he had with MJ in a private meeting. He said that he was freaked out because Michael's nose was being held on by tape and it looked like his makeup was melting off of his face.

paganman7
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I'd maybe be down for this Michael Jackson:

http://trowbridgeplanetearth.com/T2/T2MEM/news/michaelj1.jpg

But not this one:

http://mj.barczyk.se/blog/wp-content/michaeljackson_beard.jpg

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
1) was never convicted of said molestation. If I had kids, would I let them spend the night? Fuck no, but I wouldn't have my children spend the night over any grown person's home (family excluded).

2) He's fucking Michael Jackson. I was watching the 1992 performance in Bucharest over the weekend. If he can pull something close to that off, it would beat Portishead/Prince for anyone. I will post videos when I get home.

3)He's still in financial trouble, I'm fairly certain GV can afford him, but will he do it? I didn't think Prince would...

Bosco
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
CbH04pY7alA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbH04pY7alA

eeeeeeeHEEEEEEEE

locachica73
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
1) was never convicted of said molestation. If I had kids, would I let them spend the night? Fuck no, but I wouldn't have my children spend the night over any grown person's home (family excluded).

Unfortunatly molestation is very hard to prove, I know this from experience. Unless there is actual penetration it is next to impossible. Children don't typically make up stories like that. I almost believed the greedy parent story after the first time, but then there were more complaints. I am sorry I just don't buy it. And even if I only had a slight doubt in the back of my head, I would not contribute to his financial gain in any way shape or form.

karecares
10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
^^^^ we're sorry this video is no longer available^^^^^

now i've got the chorus running around in my head .. that was leave me alone right?

orbit
10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
amber alert.

Bosco
10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
pffff, dumb youtube. yes, yes it was leave me alone.

Bosco
10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
amber alert.

:rotfl

boarderwoozel3
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
its not even that i mean there are quite a few artists that have been charged with some kind of pedophilia and been cleared of charges that I would see...but MJ is just a freak show at this point.

He is a circus now. The music is fine and all but all but his personal shenanigans totally overshadow the artist at this point. For his own good he should just disappear quietly.

And I would much rather have many other headlining acts for the huge dollar amount he would require.

fiyahhh!
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Mr. Nipples, please have the flying penis copter ready!

Boourns
10-27-2008, 01:44 PM
And I would much rather have many other headlining acts for the huge dollar amount he would require.

Yeah, same here. But if Bowie, etc all say no again, then sure, why not.

BROKENDOLL
10-27-2008, 01:45 PM

But not this one:

http://mj.barczyk.se/blog/wp-content/michaeljackson_beard.jpg Fame. Fortune. And, WTF??? It's like looking at one of those Meth posters. (Except, I don't think he ever had a normal life. Ever.)

BROKENDOLL
10-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Mr. Nipples, please have the flying penis copter ready! Paging Allyjoy back to the thread!

karecares
10-27-2008, 01:49 PM
i think we should respect michael's wishes and leave him alone in a land far far away with childrens protective services overseeing his every move.
the man owned the beatles back catalogue for fucks sake! stop being so oppulant and sell your shit on ebay like everyone else does. (might be a good idea for him NOT to say he's MJ if he does that)

BlackSwan
10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Ba-Ba-Ba-Bowie!

tigermilkboy
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
You know any appearance would be plagued by 'will he, won't he show up'. If I was GV I would avoid thinking about it, he is too much of a no-show' risk. Booking Guns N Roses would be a 'safer' booking LOL

Bosco
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
a trail of 12 year old boys would make sure he shows up

orbit
10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
i think i saw him at kidzapalooza last year.

SFChrissy
10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
we used to have a dance off in my gramas living room after her soap opera's were over while listening to his albums when I was a kid...his early solo projects were and are still fun but I can't see past the freak he's butchered himself into...

mvanwinkle
10-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Michael Jackson would be the worst thing to happen to coachella.

paganman7
10-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Michael Jackson would be the worst thing to happen to coachella.

Especially if you're a 12 year old boy.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Either he would flake out or just lip-sync. Bottom line is he doesn't have the voice anymore, and can't put on a show like he used too. Besides, he hasn't performed in over 6 years, right?

mvanwinkle
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Especially if you're a 12 year old boy.

I heard Michael Jackson would only play coachella if Jupiter's rings headlined his trailer

scoop49er
10-27-2008, 02:57 PM
booking either gnr or mj would be jump the shark bookings. both are jokes now and would be a laughable experience. mj is a vegas act. gnr is a nostagia act. gnr would only be a maybe if they had thier original lineup, but axl is a fucking douche so forget that...

dorkfish
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
How is MJ more of a Vegas act than booking Prince who actually was a Vegas act?

How is GNR more of a nostalgia act than booking a guy from Pink Floyd to play their most notoriously famous 35-year old album?

fiyahhh!
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
MJ went to the department store today...

He heard boys pants were half-off.

mvanwinkle
10-27-2008, 03:13 PM
name a gnr album as influential as dark side of the moon

dorkfish
10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Chinese Democracy

quicksand
10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
FUCK YES FOR MJ

sbessiso
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I couldnt care less about the legal troubles. Ally, I love me some MJ, I really do, but i'm doubtful if he even has it anymore. and the condition that his face is in, it really would be a little distracting. But if he can still put on a great show, then bring it on

LooseAtTheZoo
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Michael Jackson was on a boat with a Boy's Scout troop and the captain of the trip. The ship suddenly started sinking, and there was only two lifejackets on board. The captain took one for himself and handed the other one to Michael. Michael asked, "What about the children?"

The captain replied, "Screw the children."

Michael looked around excitedly and asked "Are you sure there's time?"

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
How is MJ more of a Vegas act than booking Prince who actually was a Vegas act?

How is GNR more of a nostalgia act than booking a guy from Pink Floyd to play their most notoriously famous 35-year old album?

Ouch....you really hammered the nail there...I stand by my comments that watching Prince after Portishead felt as if I was watching a lounge act after watching the hammer of the gods (portishead).

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I couldnt care less about the legal troubles. Ally, I love me some MJ, I really do, but i'm doubtful if he even has it anymore. and the condition that his face is in, it really would be a little distracting. But if he can still put on a great show, then bring it on

I don't care about his face... this request is conditional on him putting on a great show. I honestly think he has something to prove. A lot of people said Prince fell off before his Coach performance & he brought his A game and then some. I think that MJ wants to prove himself still relevant way more than Prince does. If he can tap into himself circa Off the Wall, it would be the best show anyone has seen. Ever.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
MJ went to the department store today...

He heard boys pants were half-off.

HEYO!

crazzz2007
10-27-2008, 04:03 PM

he can just wear a mask. everyone else is doing it.

nocigarettes
10-27-2008, 04:12 PM
think about it, people will buy tickets. it's fuckin michael jackson. who wouldn't want to see him perform.....

kitt kat
10-27-2008, 04:45 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Blinken
10-27-2008, 05:07 PM
God damn it Ally, the 1992 performance was 16 years, 5 noses, and 50 little boys ago. He doesn't have it any more, and even if he did it would in no way be better than Portishead. I know you want to see him circa Off the Wall but that isn't gonna happen, ever. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, he is not the same performer he was when you were a kid. This would be the furthest thing from a Coachella miricale.

rage patton
10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I would love to see MJ. Whether its at Coachella or not, I would love to see MJ.

JSam67
10-27-2008, 07:53 PM
If he can pull something close to that off, it would beat Portishead/Prince for anyone.

Get serious, Ally.

Quadromarshia
10-27-2008, 08:06 PM
In fact I would even reconsider attending coachella at all if he was going to be there, just because of the whole idea of what he did.

That's ridiculous.

If it came down to, say, Jack Johnson or Micheal Jackson, who would you rather see at Coachella. If it was MJ instead of JJ, over Fatboy Slim who would have everyone seen?

That's right. Micheal Fucking Jackson.

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Get serious, Ally.

Oh, I am more than serious... If I were to have the bestest show ever... it would be MJ. And don't act like you weren't McCauley Caulkin in Iowa doing the rap from "Black or White" :p

moomoo
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
The posts in this thread are cracking me up.

I completely agree. I have no desire whatsoever to see him live, even though I grew up with his music, back when he was still semi normal. In fact I would even reconsider attending coachella at all if he was going to be there, just because of the whole idea of what he did.

Hahaha, absolutely ridiculous.

SoulDischarge
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
I would only accept Michael Jackson if he were to literally transform into a panther on stage.

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL!

7 years ago... not lipsynching
kOG8lwvVSmo
jRZ5d9evWUg

ivankay
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Prince = Soul

Michael Jackson = Manufactured Plastic

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
He's the fucking king of pop! I would understand if you brought something constructive like he's 50 and can't do what he used to or I don't know, something relevant. Not the same tired jokes that have been used for the last 20 years.

ivankay
10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
i have seen his show and it is an over choreographed attempt to recreate the videos and do a mess of fake poses to get the crowds frenzied up. There was a very rare connection that came about only during the end of the show with Man in the Mirror. Some of it appeared to be lip synched so dance moves could be executed and that always comes off as lame in my book. The script was more important than the music. You might as well put Brittney on the stage and you will get essentially the same show.

That "King of Pop" stuff is lame and concocted as well. That is a label he, his label and MTV crammed down everyone's throat to hype up Dangerous sales. It was practically a requirement that any vj or news reporter had to say "King of Pop" in the same sentence when talking about Michael Jackson. One day, no one said it, then every media tool on the planet was uttering it in order to get a piece of the show. It would be the same as if Mariah started calling herself the Queen of Pop (by chart standards, she's qualified to call herself that) when her next release came out and all the sudden all media outlets were using it to describe her or they wouldn't get an interview. More manufactured lameness.

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I will accept that as an argument against, although I still hold out hope that it will be more than what you saw. I believe that he can recapture what he is remembered for.

ivankay
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
The miracle would be if that dude found his soul somehow and stopped being a freak show. i'm all for redemption and would love to be able to sit, stand and dance in a crowd while listening to a MJ show that was more music than show. i would love to see him command the stage instead of being a slave to it. i would love to hear a happy version of PYT that would allow for mistakes to get the connection over the perfection. He seems too long gone to come back, but i am open to surprises.

RedThom
10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
The real miracle would be if Michael Jackson revealed to us what South Park only hinted at. In the middle of his first song which happens to be "Smooth Criminal", a UFO lands on the Polo Grounds and Michael Jackson (whom was abducted by aliens during the filming of that pepsi commercial) runs to the Mainstage to stop this 2 decade standing impostor and kill this evil Alien in a dance off. The crowd erupts with cheering, Daft Punk and Superman come on to stage clapping and award MJ a golden sword. Immediately following this Captain EO type display is the announcement that Michael Jackson would be performing "Thriller" from start to Finish with Prince's backing band helping him.

Yes, there would be undead folks dancing with Michael for thriller.

And that is my miracle

Backwater
10-27-2008, 10:01 PM
King of Pop = Maverick

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 11:12 PM
In the middle of his first song which happens to be "Smooth Criminal", a UFO lands on the Polo Grounds and Michael Jackson (whom was abducted by aliens during the filming of that pepsi commercial) runs to the Mainstage to stop this 2 decade standing impostor and kill this evil Alien in a dance off.

it was robot chicken... no hinting whatsoever
VgIyLzwNsQM

JSam67
10-27-2008, 11:17 PM
This is similar to the Fear/Love spectrum from Donnie Darko.

(X = Michael Jackson performing at Coachella)

Coachella Disaster -X----------------------------------- Coachella Miracle

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Please go back to rooting on your unlikely headliner. Michael Jackson in prime >>>>>>> Bowie in prime. Deal with it.

JSam67
10-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Michael Jackson in prime >>>>>>> Bowie in prime. Deal with it.

Banned.

mvanwinkle
10-27-2008, 11:53 PM
think about it, people will buy tickets. it's fuckin michael jackson. who wouldn't want to see him perform.....

me?

Boourns
10-28-2008, 12:05 AM
The bad thing about Wacko Jacko is playing is there's no way he would play if Jarvis Cocker is there.

I was going to post a stage invasion video here, but the Jacko Wackos whine and complain and demand that youtube take it down every time it is posted.

digitaldragon03
10-28-2008, 12:06 AM
I would be absolutely thrilled if Michael Jackson was added to Coachella.

kOG8lwvVSmo
jRZ5d9evWUg
These videos confirm that MJ can still bring it. I was more skeptical of Prince after seeing his videos from a couple years ago..and we all know that he tore Coachella apart once he was there in front of our eyes.

Blinken
10-28-2008, 12:52 AM
ZAroZDf6fKs

sbessiso
10-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Michael Jackson in prime >>>>>>> Bowie in prime. Deal with it.

O.O!

WTF?

KatieLyn
10-28-2008, 05:12 AM
This is actually one of those things I'm hoping for.

allyjoy
10-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Banned.

You're very lucky I'm not an evil person, but remember I'm female and I have the capability. If you can't contribute constructively, STFU!!

locachica73
10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
That's ridiculous.

If it came down to, say, Jack Johnson or Micheal Jackson, who would you rather see at Coachella. If it was MJ instead of JJ, over Fatboy Slim who would have everyone seen?

That's right. Micheal Fucking Jackson.

Out of personal reasons I would not see MJ, no matter who he was up against. To each his own, but for me, I just couldn't bring myself to pay money to see a man who I believe is a child molester. No matter what my thoughts were on his musical talent, which in this case I think is overrated. He had his day, but then he became something else, barely human at this point.

MaxPowers
10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
first Janet then MJ rumors... is Tito secretly on the board?
and where the fuck is Bubbles!?!!

dorkfish
10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
ZAroZDf6fKs
That record was broken yesterday:

Y5jN4OUofys

ShyGuy75
10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
This is 2008, not 1988. The guy has no nose and has been a laughing stock joke for the past 15 years.

allyjoy
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
his last album, released in 2001, went double platinum. Personal life aside, he's still a musical genius & legend

ShyGuy75
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
his last album, released in 2001, went double platinum. Personal life aside, he's still a musical genius & legend

It went dbl plat because most of his fans will buy anything he puts out. He was a musical legend, I will give you that.

I think if you saw him at coachella, you would cry worse than Randy cried after Waters. For you, ally, I hope this doesnt' happen :)

Blinken
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
:nono

humanoid
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
He was the King of Pop a long time ago, I'm not sure he can pull it off anymore, and for a legit Coachella headliner, I want to see someone who can perform at the top of their game, not a retread from 25 years ago that can't touch their former glory

PS-fuck child molesters, maybe we can stone him to death on the polo grounds

PPS-yes I know he was never "convicted" but many rich and powerful people get away with things that they were guilty of, it happens all the time...I have a difficult time believing all the accusations were made up

PPPS-it's a shame that Britney isn't hot anymore

also, I never saw anything close enough on either of those videos that I could tell for sure if he was lip syncing or not

oftheheartofthesoul
10-28-2008, 05:06 PM

But not this one:

http://mj.barczyk.se/blog/wp-content/michaeljackson_beard.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/plWnm7UpsXk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/plWnm7UpsXk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LooseAtTheZoo
10-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Does anyone remember what awards show he was on a few years ago when he received some "Diamond" award? And the next month on another show Jack Black came out dressed exactly like him and completely tore MJ down, all while doing the same word for word speech