PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Leeartlee
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
yep as far as a party, bigger then coachella imo ....cr****

That's what I'm hearing. I'm not one for destination festivals (have to have a crew, increased cost, etc) but I'm starting to think more and more on this one. Just from doing a little research it looks to be like a freak show (in a good way).

I don't know though, I mean Tennessee? Fuck, that's no mans land.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't know about the rest of you and frankly I don't care but what I DO KNOW is that me and Ragey are going to be rocking out to THE MARS VOLTA!!!!

As long as they don't conflict with NIN or Yeasayer, I would love to rock the fuck out to TMV with you! Pancakes can join us too!

They were terrible last year at Sasquatch. I would never watch that shit again.

No offense, just wasn't my thing.

No offense taken. They were fucking attrocious at Sasquatch last year. I am a huge fan and I could barely stand it. I've seen the twice prior before though, and they blew me away.

The Fish-aphect applies, Faxy, you have to be on drugzzz!

I haven't been on any drugs at any of The Mars Volta shows I have attended.

Also, since I know there's some fans in here, I've been watching The Spirit the last couple nights (I usually see about a half hour before I pass out). And while my girl EVA has been as hot as a tent at Bonnaroo throughout the film thus far, my OTHER girl ScarJo has been covered like anything regarding Radiohead on this board throughout :nono

I need skin, I need cleavage, I'll never return the movie to Blockbuster if magically somehow a girl on girl seen comes about!

Even ScarJo and Eva couldn't save The Spirit for me. What a terrible movie.

pancakespancakes
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
As long as they don't conflict with NIN or Yeasayer, I would love to rock the fuck out to TMV with you! Pancakes can join us too!

Hahahahaha... I just might join you guys if you can push your way all the way up to the front row to meet me ;)

Dylanja is a Volta fan? How did I not know this yet?!

faxman75
04-29-2009, 12:38 PM
D$ likes a few different styles of music.

Hard Rock - NIN/Tool/Mars Volta
Chicks that rock - Karen O
Good hip hop

That's it. He asked me if he would like Wilco and I didn't want to say no but I knew they didn't fall into any of his categories. :nono

faxman75
04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I am hug fan and I could barely stand it.

I like hugs too buddy. I will give you a nice big hug at the Roo!

No Sasquatch this year?

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Required veiwing. Vicki Christina Barcelona.

Scar Jo and Penelope Cruz have a nice scene.

are you sure Penelope Cruz is in the movie? I don't remember her being in the spirit.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Mark, I would really appreciate it you stop misrepresenting my posts. Jeeze.

And nope. No Sasquatch this year. Coachella, Bonnaroo and Eurotrip for me this year.

pancakespancakes
04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
The Fish-aphect applies, Faxy, you have to be on drugzzz!

POST #20,000!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it's a post about drugs and Phish. And watching Phish, while on drugs.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
are you sure Penelope Cruz is in the movie? I don't remember her being in the spirit.

Where did I say she was in the Spirit. I clearly state the name of the movie they are in together. :)

faxman75
04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
And nope. No Sasquatch this year. Coachella, Bonnaroo and Eurotrip for me this year.

Good plan Josh. I'm going to do a festival or two next year in Europe. I'm also going to try and hit up Ireland in December. I'm trying to use restraint and make Lollapalooza my cut off for festivals and avoid anything in the fall.

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Where did I say she was in the Spirit. I clearly state the name of the movie they are in together. :)

Sorry, I thought it was some actress name. Looking it up now, never heard of the movie until now.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Good plan Josh. I'm going to do a festival or two next year in Europe. I'm also going to try and hit up Ireland in December. I'm trying to use restraint and make Lollapalooza my cut off for festivals and avoid anything in the fall.

May I ask what you do? You seem to have money comming out of the wazoo.

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 01:06 PM

:rotfl

faxman75
04-29-2009, 01:09 PM

I have 3 roommates. No car payment and no credit cards. I declared bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I pay next to nothing for rent and have only a few bills.

I work for the county and make less now than I ever have in my life. No joke I bring home $700 every two weeks. It's pathetic. I had a nice conversation a year ago with a friend who basically told me how to live minimalist and focus on what you want to do and when all your resources are focused and you start investing in bits and peices towards things eventually it all works out.

I'm shocked at how this has worked out Josh, utterly shocked. I was set on Coachella this year, a trip to Vegas with friends and possibly the Roo.

I somehow managed to get another trip to Vegas, Sasquatch, Red Rocks to see Wilco and a day or two at Lolla into the mix. Not to mention all the Calexico shows I seem to go to and other local stuff. I'm very fortunate and I owe this friend a really nice random gift soon. I don't know how he did it but what he said resonated and made sense and I have made things happen because of it. My lifestyle has chaged very drastically in the past 18 months and I decided to live for the moment and take any chance I get to travel and/or see music.

I know you didn't ask for all that but I wanted to share it.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
That is awesome Mark. It sounds like you do have a a very good friend. And if you are able to make it all work out for ya, the more power to ya!

:rotfl

Glad I could give you a laugh Tommy. :)

faxman75
04-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I used to look at fesivals and just think, 'nope, not gonna be able to make it'. Now I look at them and wonder how i'm going to avoid them. Why would I want to avoid them? Just so I can travel more later in the year. :lool

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 01:17 PM
When you realize that you won't be killed because you're in debt, unless it's to a drug dealer, a world of possibilities opens up.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Exactly. I'm amazed at how much debt me and the ex girlfriend racked up. Holy shit. I'm even more shocked that I managed to cover all my bases and find every single lender I owed money too. I think there were close to 20. I had a lot of shit happen in 2007/2008 and I never once let it own me. Somehow I just decided that no matter what, it was all going to be ok because I was out of the most miserable relationship in my life. A bit of a rebirthing occurred. I certainly felt completely dead to the world before that shit finally ended.

canexplain
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I have 3 roommates. No car payment and no credit cards. I declared bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I pay next to nothing for rent and have only a few bills.

I work for the county and make less now than I ever have in my life. No joke I bring home $700 every two weeks. It's pathetic. I had a nice conversation a year ago with a friend who basically told me how to live minimalist and focus on what you want to do and when all your resources are focused and you start investing in bits and peices towards things eventually it all works out.

I'm shocked at how this has worked out Josh, utterly shocked. I was set on Coachella this year, a trip to Vegas with friends and possibly the Roo.

I somehow managed to get another trip to Vegas, Sasquatch, Red Rocks to see Wilco and a day or two at Lolla into the mix. Not to mention all the Calexico shows I seem to go to and other local stuff. I'm very fortunate and I owe this friend a really nice random gift soon. I don't know how he did it but what he said resonated and made sense and I have made things happen because of it. My lifestyle has chaged very drastically in the past 18 months and I decided to live for the moment and take any chance I get to travel and/or see music.

I know you didn't ask for all that but I wanted to share it.

faxy, what do you do for a county that pays like that (no offense) .... i work for a county and make 65k or so and i think i am paid shit sometimes ... but then i never do anything lol

ok this is prob not necessary, for it would only cost you about 10 bucks so think about it ..... water proofing your tent for the roo .... cr****

http://camping.about.com/od/tentfaq/f/tentseams.htm

http://camping.lovetoknow.com/How_to_Waterproof_a_Tent_Floor

amyzzz
04-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't know about the rest of you and frankly I don't care but what I DO KNOW is that me and Ragey are going to be rocking out to THE MARS VOLTA!!!!
I will rock out with you and ragey at The Mars Volta, dylzzzzles!

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 01:33 PM

me too. D, you my boy!

faxman75
04-29-2009, 01:34 PM
faxy, what do you do for a county that pays like that (no offense) .... i work for a county and make 65k or so and i think i am paid shit sometimes ... but then i never do anything lol

I work for the court appointed defense office. I'm a records processor. I basically pull files for the lawyers to bring to court. The lawyers defend the poor people who have no money. We have a mandatory pension, that takes 11% out of every check. I hate it. The benefits are fantastic here but the pay is about what I was making when I was 18. I wanted to get at least 2 years in here before I loooked elsewhere because while I was with my ex I had a crappy work history for a few years. Like 6 jobs in 4 years or something. Prior to that I was loaded with job stability but since I don't have a degree I figured I should at least put in a couple years at one place again to look more stable.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 01:35 PM

I love how even Amy is calling me Ragey now.

me too. D, you my boy!

Dude. I looked for you at The Aggrolites. Where were you?

amyzzz
04-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm sure I've called you ragey before, my man.

canexplain
04-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I work for the court appointed defense office. I'm a records processor. I basically pull files for the lawyers to bring to court. The lawyers defend the poor people who have no money. We have a mandatory pension, that takes 11% out of every check. I hate it. The benefits are fantastic here but the pay is about what I was making when I was 18. I wanted to get at least 2 years in here before I loooked elsewhere because while I was with my ex I had a crappy work history for a few years. Like 6 jobs in 4 years or something. Prior to that I was loaded with job stability but since I don't have a degree I figured I should at least put in a couple years at one place again to look more stable.

sounds like good ideas .... geez can you wear jeans or do you have to "dress up" every day ... yea we have the same sort of pension plan ... i put in 8 percent and they match it .... if i would have had a choice not to, all those years ago, i would have said no .... glad i didnt ... i have something akin to 600k for my retirement which isnt a lot, but in two more years, i get 85 percent of my current pay till i drop over dead .... youngblood seems to think that is next week, so who knows :) cr****

faxman75
04-29-2009, 01:42 PM
lol you are set then Ron. Sounds good. If I have to work when i'm 65 i'm ok with that. :D I have to wear business casual. Basically I wear khakki's and a polo shirt each day.

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I love how even Amy is calling me Ragey now.

Dude. I looked for you at The Aggrolites. Where were you?

I got there right when they started and I got my way into the circle pit. I saw you, but it was like gogol last year all over again. I tried to get your attention a couple of times, but kept getting pushed around. For sure at Bonnaroo, I know there are a few of us that are for sure seeing The Mars Volta. And I'm sure you have yeasayer high on your priority list, so for sure we'll talk then.

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 01:49 PM
me too. D, you my boy!

This makes me feel better about my decision not to see The Mars Volta.

allyjoy
04-29-2009, 01:51 PM
don't dismiss TMV, they have some good songs.

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
This makes me feel better about my decision not to see The Mars Volta.

hmmmm, and how is your day going?

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 01:53 PM

he is poking at my taste in music. Even though we like a lot of the same bands. hmmmm.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Youtube? I would like to give these good songs a fair chance since Josh also thought they sucked it at Sasquatch last year. I can only listen in smallish doses on my ipod.

apostle2
04-29-2009, 02:20 PM
how I feel about TMV is always tainted because whenever I hear Cedric's voice, it immediately makes me think of ATDI. and nothing they do can EVER be as good as that for me. but Im pretty much in the same place as josh, barring a NIN/yeasayer conflict, I will be there

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 02:23 PM

Drunkship of Lanterns. Good song.

I've seen them live. Train wreck.

Hi Ally ;)

miSTEVEious
04-29-2009, 02:40 PM
man i will rage the fuck out with you guys at mars volta. if it's late night, that shit is going to be CRAZY.

i work for an auditing firm that does audits of small local governments and non profits. 65k, that's pretty good! I'm not close to there yet...Yeah, considering you get great benefits and what, 2.5% PERS per year? (PERS may just be california, but it's probably close in other states). My job is extremely boring a lot of the time but I do enjoy going on audits and meeting you guys. Much better auditing small gov'ts then large corporations. I think for my next job I'm going to go on the finance or marketing or sales for medium to large non profit org.

miSTEVEious
04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
and yeah i'm not a HUGE mars volta fan, but live, man they fucking shred. at ACL last year, I think that was the loudest show I've ever experienced. even louder than MBV at coachella this year, and we were BEHIND the sound stage. people were flocking away because I think it was so loud. I don't remember - quite - cleary...but the first song seemed to last like 20 minutes lol. 20 minutes of just bending his guitar over and banging it. yea i'd be down for that again.

Mr. Dylanja
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM

I hear ya, Josh, Faxy inspires me to consider Chapter 12.

pancakespancakes
04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
What's that? SPAM TIME

egFCHJC7TWg

canexplain
04-29-2009, 03:02 PM
man i will rage the fuck out with you guys at mars volta. if it's late night, that shit is going to be CRAZY.

i work for an auditing firm that does audits of small local governments and non profits. 65k, that's pretty good! I'm not close to there yet...Yeah, considering you get great benefits and what, 2.5% PERS per year? (PERS may just be california, but it's probably close in other states). My job is extremely boring a lot of the time but I do enjoy going on audits and meeting you guys. Much better auditing small gov'ts then large corporations. I think for my next job I'm going to go on the finance or marketing or sales for medium to large non profit org.

we just got a security audit ... it cost 220k, what a waste just to check out my work (well mostly mine) and they said we were top notch, some of the best they have audited .... asses ..... cr****

faxman75
04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I hear ya, Josh, Faxy inspires me to consider Chapter 12.

12?

Are you a farmer or fisherman?

Mr. Dylanja
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
What is it, 11?

Sorry Faxy, I'm not anywhere near you expertise on the subject.

chiapet
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Josh, it's amazing what staying single and not having kids does for surplus income. ;) Pluuussss keep in mind that those of us who are talking about going to tons of festivals and Europe are a decade older than you. "When I was your age", I couldn't pay my electric bill, let alone go to a festival!

Backwater
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
20 minutes of just bending his guitar over and banging it. yea i'd be down for that again.

Yea, 20 minutes of watching Omar jack off on stage ... sounds like a blast. Before you guys start the whole, "But what about Phish?!?!?" thing, Trey doesn't jack off, he noodles.

chiapet
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Man i wonder if I might get to work from home semi-permanently due to flu mania.

Backwater
04-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I don't know though, I mean Tennessee? Fuck, that's no mans land.

It doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about. Memphis and Nashville are both bigger than San Francisco. Just sayin

chiapet
04-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes Tim but they're in the middle of the country. Who knows what you're getting in those red states. Rednecks with gun racks on their car. Don't deny. I know where you come from!

rage patton
04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I got there right when they started and I got my way into the circle pit. I saw you, but it was like gogol last year all over again. I tried to get your attention a couple of times, but kept getting pushed around. For sure at Bonnaroo, I know there are a few of us that are for sure seeing The Mars Volta. And I'm sure you have yeasayer high on your priority list, so for sure we'll talk then.

Figured so. I was looking out for ya, but oh well. I will 100% be at Yeasayer. They are actually my number 2 act of Bonnaroo, right behind NIN. Are you camping with us?

Youtube? I would like to give these good songs a fair chance since Josh also thought they sucked it at Sasquatch last year. I can only listen in smallish doses on my ipod.

I already told you. They were awful at Sasquatch last year. Don't judge them on that performance though.

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Figured so. I was looking out for ya, but oh well. I will 100% be at Yeasayer. They are actually my number 2 act of Bonnaroo, right behind NIN. Are you camping with us?.

Yes, the plan as far as I know is to arrive with Tommy, Barbara, and Feather. Can't wait to hang out with everyone, since I didn't meet many people at Coachella. Also how great would it be if it was Amadou & Mariam>Yeasayer.

Backwater
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes Tim but they're in the middle of the country. Who knows what you're getting in those red states. Rednecks with gun racks on their car. Don't deny. I know where you come from!

Yeah, every time I'm in a red state I feel like I just walked into a scene from Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Deliverance.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, the plan as far as I know is to arrive with Tommy, Barbara, and Feather. Can't wait to hang out with everyone, since I didn't meet many people at Coachella. Also how great would it be if it was Amadou & Mariam>Yeasayer.

I should listen to Amadou Mariam. I have heard nothing but good thing. Also, not sure if you are up to date, but the rumour is that Yeasayer will be doing a late night set on Saturday. Which leads me to believe that a NIN conflict is possible, and this is really scaring me.

trancehiphop
04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I hope I am able to K.I.T. with most of you peoples so that I can party with some of you guys/gals on occassion. I will be landing wednesday, and leaving monday. After checking out that youtube videompost of TMV, makes me want to go check them out, hollyshit, they look like they put on one helluva show, almost as good as MBV!

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I should listen to Amadou Mariam. I have heard nothing but good thing. Also, not sure if you are up to date, but the rumour is that Yeasayer will be doing a late night set on Saturday. Which leads me to believe that a NIN conflict is possible, and this is really scaring me.

That would suck, but I would go with Yeasayer. i'm going to see NIN twice next month, so I think by then the conflict would be easy. NIN seem to only be playing 1 hour and 30 minutes on this tour,so maybe there is room there for it to be yeasayer first, and then NIN on the same stage. Let's wait and see what happens.

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
I hope I am able to K.I.T. with most of you peoples so that I can party with some of you guys/gals on occassion. I will be landing wednesday, and leaving monday. After checking out that youtube videompost of TMV, makes me want to go check them out, hollyshit, they look like they put on one helluva show, almost as good as MBV!

The thing with TMV is that they are inconsistent. The first time I caught them opening for RHCP they sucked bad, it was horrible. then the 2nd time they fucking destroyed SOMA in SD, that show was nuts.

trancehiphop
04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
I hope I am able to catch them while they are on one of their "good sets". That would be amazing. Man I love discovering new bands *runs to itunes to buy their latest CD* LOL!

Blinken
04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
That would suck, but I would go with Yeasayer. i'm going to see NIN twice next month, so I think by then the conflict would be easy. NIN seem to only be playing 1 hour and 30 minutes on this tour,so maybe there is room there for it to be yeasayer first, and then NIN on the same stage. Let's wait and see what happens.

The rumor is that it is Yeasayer followed by MGMT for one of the late nights, so that doesn't quite fit in with that. But who know until they release the schedule.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 05:19 PM
I already told you. They were awful at Sasquatch last year. Don't judge them on that performance though.

Yes, maybe you misunderstood. I was wondering what you tubes you guys had to present as evidence of good MV. I'm willing to give them a chance.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 05:20 PM
The rumor is that it is Yeasayer followed by MGMT for one of the late nights, so that doesn't quite fit in with that. But who know until they release the schedule.

Im guessing, assuming the rumours are true, the late night sets will go...

Yeasayer: 12-1am->MGMT 1:30-3:00am
NIN 1am-3am

faxman75
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
A once in a lifetime late night NIN set should not be missed! Especially not for Yeasayer or MGMT.

rage patton
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes, maybe you misunderstood. I was wondering what you tubes you guys had to present as evidence of good MV. I'm willing to give them a chance.

0OnFKTNC77I

canexplain
04-29-2009, 05:26 PM
It doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about. Memphis and Nashville are both bigger than San Francisco. Just sayin

just keeping things stright ...... sf metro 4.25 mil .... memphis and nashville didnt even make the top 25 list (denver did :) .... cr****

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_metropolitan_area

Sushov23
04-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Im guessing, assuming the rumours are true, the late night sets will go...

Yeasayer: 12-1am->MGMT 1:30-3:00am
NIN 1am-3am

I'd love this. All of Yeasayer, beginning of NIN, and the rest of MGMT.

canexplain
04-29-2009, 05:30 PM
now here is a city .. you could ride on the metro and never see any green for 20 or 30 minutes ... it was awesome and sucked big time .... cr****

The prefecture is the center of the Greater Tokyo Area, the world's most populous metropolitan area with 35 million people and the world's largest metropolitan economy with a GDP of US$1.191 trillion at

faxman75
04-29-2009, 06:22 PM
0OnFKTNC77I

Nice, that's a decent jam.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd love this. All of Yeasayer, beginning of NIN, and the rest of MGMT.

Sushy, would you really leave an NIN late night set to go check out MGMT?

Holy fuck.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 06:53 PM
MGMT have one record. How are they going to fill 90 minutes?

Edit:

And to propose that some new hipster band gets only 25% less time than a band (artist, act, whatever) that's been around for 20 years is just silly. What is this, Loud In The Park?

:pulse

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Ok a couple of things:

1) The Mars Volta is fucking horrible live. Chris, my man, it's not even in the same universe as a My Bloody Valentine show. Good luck to anybody who checks them out at Bonnaroo.

2) Sushy. I know you're gonna see Nine Inch Nails twice before Roo, but the vibe and everything will be WAY different with a NIN late-night set. DO NOT skip a NIN late-night set. Especially for fucking MGMT or Yeasayer. And I like Yeasayer a lot.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Can someone explain to me what is so special about a set starting a few hours later than it normally would?

This is a serious question.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 07:14 PM

We have missed you in this thread today.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Can someone explain to me what is so special about a set starting a few hours later than it normally would?

I'm assuming it's the vibe of a set starting in the middle of the night. A sort of normal people are sleeping but we're rocking type of thing. I've never been so i'm guessing a vet like Tommy will explain. I think it's cool they have sets starting that late, kinda like the party never stops.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't doubt that it is fun, but it's just 3 hours or so later.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
We have missed you in this thread today.

I'm sure not all of "we."

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 07:19 PM

It's hard to explain and I was wondering the same thing before I saw My Morning Jacket late-night last year. It sounds very hippie-like, but there was really just a different vibe in the air. Everyone had the second winds. It was a great treat after seeing music all day.

I don't know, man. I'm usually not at a loss for words, but it really is hard to explain. There was an electricity when MMJ and Sigur Ros were playing in the middle of the night.

And Faxy has it right. It's like there isn't supposed to be music and rocking going on in the middle of the night. But here we are, at a fest in the middle of nowhere, doing just that. It's a moment where it hits you that you aren't in real life for that weekend.

Mr. Dylanja
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Brandon, it's really tough to describe. Personally, I love it because I'm a night owl and am usually up until the wee hours anyways so of course I'd love to see live music that late. You know the feeling when you've just seen an amazing show? The on top of the world wow i feel good feeling? You know the show where people are screaming/chanting/yelling out in the concourse/parking lot upon exiting out of sheer joy. Just imagine 100k people with that same feeling at the beginning/during the show instead of after. It's kind of like that, the farm just comes alive as a whole new beast.

That's the best I can do, but you will see soon enough...

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Expectations are high.

Mr. Dylanja
04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I blame Tommy.

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Expectations are high.

I would still advise against this because it may be hard to totally enjoy it. Just go in expecting a regular show. Seriously.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Well just hold the phone here Mr. Bears hat. Everywhere I turn re: Roo it is always:

Dude the late night set is going to be bomb.

Late night! Cant wait!

OMG L8 NIGHT SETS R GOING 2 RULEZORZ!!!!!111!!11!!

So my expectations have been raised. I'm not saying I need to be blown away, but it will be in the back of my mind.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Just make sure you see the MGMT set and not the NIN set. I hear they are bringing out a REAL electric eel!

chiapet
04-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Brandon, you forgot about the drugs, and how they will make all this music listenable. :)

the vibe and everything will be WAY different with a NIN late-night set. DO NOT skip a NIN late-night set. Especially for fucking MGMT or Yeasayer. And I like Yeasayer a lot.

This is why I will most likely be skipping part of NIN's set at Sasquatch (to see of Montreal), because I am relying on the glory of the Bonnaroo set. :)

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 07:39 PM
I blame Tommy.

Are you jumping on the "I hate Tommy" train too, D? :(

Well just hold the phone here Mr. Bears hat. Everywhere I turn re: Roo it is always:

Dude the late night set is going to be bomb.

Late night! Cant wait!

OMG L8 NIGHT SETS R GOING 2 RULEZORZ!!!!!111!!11!!

So my expectations have been raised. I'm not saying I need to be blown away, but it will be in the back of my mind.

Nah man I get it. Maybe I should tone down the late-night talk. I just know what it did for me and why I'm personally excited at the thought of a NIN late-night set.

I'll take the "Mr. Bears hat" comment as a compliment.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:39 PM
MGMT are such a joke.

Their future:

Shitty 2nd album which doesn't regain record contract advances
3rd album shelved due to lack of single
Frontman releases solo album that doesn't chart
Reunion 5 years later which is cut short because one ODs on heroin 2 weeks into the tour

chiapet
04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Awww but they're so cute, Brandon.
I really like MGMT's album but admittedly they were not good live. Story of so many bands.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I tend to agree with you Brandon. The first time I saw them I figured they had a great producer in the studio. They didn't even come close to that sound live. They really need to stop playing "kids" live as well. It's like bad karaoke and they don't know what to do with the free time.

hawkingvsreeve
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
2 good songs.

LooseAtTheZoo
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Re: The Mars Volta, and to echo someone else in this thread:

If you really want to listen to someone babbling and screaming in Spanglish over a mind-meltingly awful aural assault, I'll do it for you for free.

chiapet
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I thought we were having Tommy do it in the campgrounds on Sunday night? Or is that the standup? I have lost track of the promises he's made.

Mr. Dylanja
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Tommy is doing a stand up routine, there is no time-slot but the requirements are that zzzizzzles and I are in attendance.

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
I promised doing a Mars Volta performance, but Dylan and zeez requested I do a stand-up performance. So I will oblige.

By the way, D-Lo, what gave you the idea of a stand-up show from me?

Mr. Dylanja
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
"Hey Blinken, did some say Abe Lincoln?"

I say that to myself all the time and laugh every time too. Ever since then I've been dying to see it!

faxman75
04-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm really digging this Grizzly Bear album.

apostle2
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
re: late night shows

I'm not going to build it up, but on top of all the intangible stuff mentioned, AC consciously makes an effort to go for Epic. Special lights, stage show stuff, etc. also, usually the performers try and do something special (that goes for the big late nights, MMJ, Flaming Lips, Sigur Ros) including Guests.

re: Saturday Late Night.

I think NIN might start later than one, depending on other scheduling on the what stage. There is a chance they could go on at two. Last year, it took four hours to break down Pearl Jam and set up Kanye. Bruce will have less junk, and so will NIN, but still, if Bruce ends at 11:30, it would be more than a 1.5 hour turnaround.

faxman75
04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
AC?

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm really digging this Grizzly Bear album.

Glad it lived up to my praise, Faxino.

sbessiso
04-29-2009, 09:48 PM

Sarcasm?

apostle2
04-29-2009, 10:09 PM
AC?

AC Entertainment, co producers of the festival along with Superfly. They actually book most of the acts.

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Ah, I thought you meant Animal Collective, who I do not plan on watching, unless it's either them or... moe.

I'd probably take moe actually.

paulb
04-30-2009, 01:22 AM
fuck A***** C*********

apostle2
04-30-2009, 01:39 AM
growing up in moe.'s stomping ground, I will say I would go with bonnaroo aidz needlzzz before them.

miSTEVEious
04-30-2009, 08:02 AM

Actually it is a good question, and it's a few things I think. 1)the performers know it's on and really bring the heat, 2)they schedule some of the best shows for late night, 3)it's dark and lots of things light up and stimulate the senses, 4)it's hot as fuck during the day and it's much easier to rage at night and it just FEELS like a party.

i mean you know at coachella it's kinda slow during the day, around 6 it picks up, and when it gets dark things kind of just let loose.the heat dissipates and and people get crazier. it's like that, except at roo that's when the party begins. just make sure to take it as easy as you can during the day, and prepare yourself for 11pm-4am, that's when the real fest is goin on!

Blinken
04-30-2009, 09:04 AM

Edit:

And to propose that some new hipster band gets only 25% less time than a band (artist, act, whatever) that's been around for 20 years is just silly. What is this, Loud In The Park?

They have a new album coming out later this year, I assume some of their set would be new material. And yeah they weren't the best live but they have gotten better. I read an interview where they had no expectations of ever having to perform live. They are still in a state of shock that people actually want them to play live. I expect them to get better as time goes on.

rage patton
04-30-2009, 09:14 AM

Edit:

Have you seen Bonnaroo's set times? They pretty much give EVERY act an hour and half. I never said MGMT would actually play an hour and half, but Bonnaroo would most likely give them an hour and half. Its just what they do. And, MGMT do have a new album comming out.

Also, I know you didn't like my Sunday at Loud In The Park (I still don't understand the "bro" comments), but c'mon! You must have liked the other 2 days.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Loud in the Park was good, but i still think Weekend in the Park was the better fest.

sbessiso
04-30-2009, 09:25 AM
It wasnt rage's lineup that bothered me, I thought it was pretty damn good. Just the idea of going to NY and spending the day in Central Park didnt appeal to me for some reason. Still, im glad he won. hes a fine young canadian

rage patton
04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Loud in the Park was good, but i still think Weekend in the Park was the better fest.

If your fest was real, I would have attended it without hesitation. Also, I think its great we basically gave our fest the same name.

It wasnt rage's lineup that bothered me, I thought it was pretty damn good. Just the idea of going to NY and spending the day in Central Park didnt appeal to me for some reason. Still, im glad he won. hes a fine young canadian

I went with a theme for my festival and I wanted a sort of vibe to go with it, and New York was the perfect place. Also, I really want to visit New York one day.

sbessiso
04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey, you dont have to explain shit. You WON!

what was the prize by the way?

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm really getting excited for Trent to shred the farm to the ground. I'm seeing him two weeks from tomorrow and while I have PIT tickets I know the standard lame ass Phoenix crowd will pale in comparison to the destination party crowd. Here's to some badass setlists this go around!

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm putting NIN into heavy rotation in my car CD player this week. :thu

TommyboyUNM
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm really getting excited for Trent to shred the farm to the ground. I'm seeing him two weeks from tomorrow and while I have PIT tickets I know the standard lame ass Phoenix crowd will pale in comparison to the destination party crowd. Here's to some badass setlists this go around!

I'm putting NIN into heavy rotation in my car CD player this week. :thu

Me + D-Lo + Zeez + NIN + pit tickets = my dream come true.

faxman75
04-30-2009, 09:43 AM
NIN/JA tour FTW! I'm not digging a whole lot more than the singles and songs I know by Jane's but i'm thinking live it will rock. Still think NIN should be headlining.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
If your fest was real, I would have attended it without hesitation. Also, I think its great we basically gave our fest the same name.

The same name and same location. I was really happy that your fest won, and represented for the Central Park fests.

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Have you seen Bonnaroo's set times? They pretty much give EVERY act an hour and half. I never said MGMT would actually play an hour and half, but Bonnaroo would most likely give them an hour and half. Its just what they do. And, MGMT do have a new album comming out.

Also, I know you didn't like my Sunday at Loud In The Park (I still don't understand the "bro" comments), but c'mon! You must have liked the other 2 days.

Im just teasing you, darling.

rage patton
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey, you dont have to explain shit. You WON!

what was the prize by the way?

A Coachella hoodie, courtesy of Dani and 3 bootlegs and a t-shirt of my festival, courtesy of Erik. That reminds me... I should check my mail.

Im just teasing you, darling.

Oh I know. I also wasn't sure if you have had a good look at the Bonnaroo set times before. Even the acts you've never heard of that start at 12:30 in the afternoon usually get an hour and 15 minutes.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 10:13 AM
NIN/JA tour FTW! I'm not digging a whole lot more than the singles and songs I know by Jane's but i'm thinking live it will rock. Still think NIN should be headlining.
I'm perplexed by NIN not headlining as well -- I may have to leave right after NIN because my daughter has a piano concert the next morning and I'm only semi-into Jane's.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Well Jane's is the big reunion, so it makes sense that they would be the headliners, when NIN just did a big tour last year.

faxman75
04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
One band has been on vacation for like 15 years the other has put out like 6 full albums. I guess they will both play for about 90 minutes though.

faxman75
04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Well Jane's is the big reunion, so it makes sense that they would be the headliners, when NIN just did a big tour last year.

5 years together and made 3 albums. Seems silly when matched up against 20 years and 8 albums.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 10:21 AM
NIN's big ass tour didn't come here, so I'm perplexed and starting to become outraged again.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 10:21 AM
5 years together and made 3 albums. Seems silly when matched up against 20 years and 8 albums.

Yeah but Reunion > non-reunion.

allyjoy
04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
NIN's big ass tour didn't come here, so I'm perplexed and starting to become outraged again.

Radiohead also skipped the PHX, right?

faxman75
04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah but Reunion > non-reunion.

That's certainly not always true. That would be like saying Depeche Mode should open for Love & Rockets.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 10:38 AM
That's certainly not always true. That would be like saying Depeche Mode should open for Love & Rockets.

Yes it is not always true, but when the bands are close the tie goes to the reunion. I would argue that the importance of JA is the same as NIN when you consider what each band has done to change the music scene. Plus NIN had their big headlining tour last year with LITS.

Think of it this way, on a scale from 1-10 NIN is an 8 and JA is a 6 the reunion adds 3 points to make it a 9 and they get to headline. I know this is meaning less and I pulled these numbers out of my ass but that is my point Love and Rockets would be a 4 and DM would be an 8 the reunion still doesn't make it pass DM with a 7.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 10:39 AM

Don't anger the BEAZT!!

It's okay, zzz, it's okay...

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Holy arbitrary number system!

NIN did more for popular music than JA. Come on now.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I think Trent let JA headline out of respect for them.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I think Trent let JA headline out of respect for them.
Bingo. Like the Bowie thing.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Radiohead has been skipping Phoenix for 14 years. NIN, however, ALWAYS comes to Phoenix except for the last few years. :nono

faxman75
04-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I would argue that the importance of JA is the same as NIN when you consider what each band has done to change the music scene.

Are you kidding me? NIN has changed music for 20 years. Besides "been caught steeling" what exaclty has Jane's done to change the scene? Is this all vibe and undercurrent stuff that we can't see? If so I call bullshit.

I'm gonna stick to this part of the post and ignore the number system. :)

Blinken
04-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Holy arbitrary number system!

NIN did more for popular music than JA. Come on now.

Without JA there would be no Lolla, no Coachella, alot would be different. Yes most of it had to with Perry more than JA, but I stand by point.

I am a bigger NIN fan than JA but i can see why JA are headlining.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Are you kidding me? NIN has changed music for 20 years. Besides "been caught steeling" what exaclty has Jane's done to change the scene? Is this all vibe and undercurrent stuff that we can't see? If so I call bullshit.

I'm gonna stick to this part of the post and ignore the number system. :)

Yeah the whole number thing was retarded. I admit.

faxman75
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Without JA there would be no Lolla, no Coachella, alot would be different. Yes most of it had to with Perry more than JA, but I stand by point.

I am a bigger NIN fan than JA but i can see why JA are headlining.

How is there no Coachella without Jane's?

There have been music festivals going on for decades before Lollapalooza. I don't see how you can give Perry that much credit. Lolla is his, no doubt but to say without him or Jane's we wouldn't have music festivals like Coachella today doesn't sound realistic. His passion and ideas are great but he wasn't the only guy in the world with these passions. He was just the first semi successful one.

We are getting way off track though, his contributions to music are in fact separate from his work with Jane's as a band. Besides outside of jane's his bands have not even been very successful.

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 10:58 AM

There have been music festivals going on for decades before Lollapalooza. I don't see how you can give Perry that much credit. Lolla is his, no doubt but to say without him or Jane's we wouldn't have music festivals like Coachella today doesn't sound realistic. His passion and ideas are great but he wasn't the only guy in the world with these passions. He was just the first semi successful one.

We are getting way off track though, his contributions to music are in fact separate from his work with Jane's as a band. Besides outside of jane's his bands have not even been very successful.

Coachella lost a lot of money in 99, and subsequently did not put on a show in 2000. Perry got Janes to get together for Coachella in 2001 and probably for very little money. They have made money every year since. So in a way I see what Blinken is saying, but I do not equate music festivals to actual music influence.

faxman75
04-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Interesting. So this explains why Paul feels obligated to let Perry play with whatever shit band he can throw together every year. I didn't know that history.

ps, I actually enjoyed Sattelite Party and Porno for Pyros, I too was speaking on the musical influence and how they can play last with NIN.

ShyGuy75
04-30-2009, 11:03 AM

There have been music festivals going on for decades before Lollapalooza. I don't see how you can give Perry that much credit.

in case you were wondering, yes....you are still a miserable, no-knowledge inbred.

at least you can be proud of having 11,000 + posts of nothing but negativity and whining. or .... at least i think you can.

what would happen if you locked yourself and menik in a room together? would the paint start to peel in 3 minutes?

faxman75
04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
in case you were wondering, yes....you are still a miserable, no-knowledge inbred.

at least you can be proud of having 11,000 + posts of nothing but negativity and whining. or .... at least i think you can.

what would happen if you locked yourself and menik in a room together? would the paint start to peel in 3 minutes?

Blinken
04-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Coachella lost a lot of money in 99, and subsequently did not put on a show in 2000. Perry got Janes to get together for Coachella in 2001 and probably for very little money. They have made money every year since. So in a way I see what Blinken is saying, but I do not equate music festivals to actual music influence.

Exactly.

Yes Music festivals and music influence are too seperate things, but I like to think that festivals are important and influence the music trends we see. That is entirely different argument though.

All I am saying is that with the history behind Jane's and the fact that it is a reunion with all the original members they are definitely a headliner. Interestingly enough one of the things that helped put NIN on the map was when Perry let NIN open for them on the Lolla tour back in 1991.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I wish they were two separate tours.

allyjoy
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM

ShyGuy, my love, where have you been hiding? I'm a little miffed we didn't run into each other @ Coach this year.

canexplain
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
I've read that a lot too, if it wasnt for JA we wouldnt have fests like we do now .... i was going to multi day concerts and fests before Perry was even a teenager lol .... so it goes ..... here piggy, here piggy, we have our first swine flu here .... i wonder a little if this just keeps getting bigger and worse, will it affect the summer fests ..... cr****

ShyGuy75
04-30-2009, 01:22 PM
ShyGuy, my love, where have you been hiding? I'm a little miffed we didn't run into each other @ Coach this year.

hi beautiful!

i was talking to a friend before the black keys and i saw that you were sitting a few people behind him. at the end of the convo, i stood up to talk to you, and you were gone. i asked him, "wasn't ally just sitting right here? i could have sworn she was." he thought so too, but you are like Casper sometimes.

then after some set i ran to the bathroom and missed the pyramid orgy that took place right behind us. fck, i saw that hawkingspeanpole more than you, which makes me rather upset, especially after i see all the pics of you in your warrior face paint.

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Spean pole?

ShyGuy75
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
HA!

don't act like you don't know what a spean pole is

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 02:51 PM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You searched for spean pole (all pages starting with "spean pole" | all pages that link to "spean pole")
Jump to: navigation, search
Did you mean: spear pole
No article title matches

Shrug.

ShyGuy75
04-30-2009, 02:53 PM
still playing coy?

http://www.highland-glens.com/upload/Spean_Bridge_Mill_4.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.travelpod.com/cache/city_maps/Spean_Bridge.gif

ShyGuy75
04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
exaaaaactly. just south of loch lochy.

oh how i long for summers again at loch lochy.

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Those were the days.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/Donegal_Paul/2006/lejog2006/05lochLochy.jpg

Remember riding scooters around the lake? That was a blast.

ShyGuy75
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
ahhh, yes. the day i couldn't get the helmet off by myself.

menikmati
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
A Coachella hoodie, courtesy of Dani and 3 bootlegs and a t-shirt of my festival, courtesy of Erik. That reminds me... I should check my mail.

I'm gonna try and get your stuff in the mail this weekend Josh (well the bootlegs I mean, the shirt design will be finished this weekend hopefully and ordered and sent too)....been busy since I got back having to help my neighbor clean out her yard (what a dump), anyway I haven't forgotten, stuff will arrive to you soon.

sin213
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
what boots?

chiapet
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
i wonder a little if this just keeps getting bigger and worse, will it affect the summer fests ..... cr****

I am increasingly concerned about that -- even if the pandemic part doesn't reach the proportions that people claim, I'm worried that events will cancel or bands will hold off on tours/festivals. It would be one big breeding ground.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 04:15 PM
My kid got the flu from going to a Peter Piper Pizza birthday party, and that's just one restaurant. (influenza B, not H1N1 influenza A)

allyjoy
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
i was talking to a friend before the black keys and i saw that you were sitting a few people behind him. at the end of the convo, i stood up to talk to you, and you were gone. i asked him, "wasn't ally just sitting right here? i could have sworn she was." he thought so too, but you are like Casper sometimes.

:sorry

LooseAtTheZoo
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
My friends and I are starting to get down to the nitty-gritty with planning. We are planning on leaving Phoenix 7 am on the 9th, camping overnight somewhere, and then driving the rest of the distance to Manchester the next day. All of them are happy with the Walmart meetup when I told them it would be convenient for getting into the festival the next day, and that we could sleep there.

What do you all think?

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I think I'm fucking ready, Gonshy, how bout you?

LooseAtTheZoo
04-30-2009, 07:30 PM
I think I'm fucking ready, Gonshy, how bout you?

I'm fucking in!

* Insert Kenny Powers pic I am too lazy to post*

chiapet
04-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I am ready now. Work is really tedious when I have all these festivals to think about.

pancakespancakes
04-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Dammit Gonsh... I totally want to join you.

I hate that I'm flying in. :(

And to top it off of course, our plane doesn't get in till 4 PM Thursday... woohoo!

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 07:37 PM
NOT READY. Still gathering up the monies to pay for this.

TommyboyUNM
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
NOT READY. Still gathering up the monies to pay for this.

Holy shit. So it's looking good, eh? What if money was accidently deposited into your PayPal account? Wouldn't that be weird......

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
GODDAMNIT TOMMY. don't do that.

I'm also holding out in case the influenza H1N1 type A becomes an epidemic or whatever.

chiapet
04-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh well I'm not literally ready. I just need my vacation now. I'm still feeling intimidated by the TN weather and need to figure out clothes. But I won't turn this into a girls thread post. :)

LooseAtTheZoo
04-30-2009, 07:42 PM

I'm also holding out in case the influenza H1N1 type A becomes an epidemic or whatever.

Do you know how many people die of the regular flu every year? Don't panic zzz.

chiapet
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I have near-paranoia that there will be epidemics that cause some of these events to be canceled. :/

TommyboyUNM
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM

Do what? ;)

chiapet
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
*sigh* My posting less didn't last very long. At least I got some stuff done for two days.

rage patton
04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm gonna try and get your stuff in the mail this weekend Josh (well the bootlegs I mean, the shirt design will be finished this weekend hopefully and ordered and sent too)....been busy since I got back having to help my neighbor clean out her yard (what a dump), anyway I haven't forgotten, stuff will arrive to you soon.

No rush. I just haven't checked my mail in over a week and I was just thinking I should check it. Take all the time you need.

what boots?

Daft Punk - Vegoose 07
Iggy & The Stooges - Vegoose 07
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Coachella 07

LooseAtTheZoo
04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
No rush. I just haven't checked my mail in over a week and I was just thinking I should check it. Take all the time you need.

Daft Punk - Vegoose 07

I could have uploaded the Daft Vegoose show for you. It is better than the Alive album. For a while I was listening to it once a week.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Do you know how many people die of the regular flu every year? Don't panic zzz.
I'm not panicking, but I can see other people panicking and cancelling the show, or artists cancelling, etc. I didn't get my flu shot this year (meaning fall 08) because LAST year (fall 07) I got a flu shot but ended up getting the flu anyway, stayed home from work for 4 days. Now my poor baby has the flu, not THAT flu, but she's sick as a dog with a high fever every day, and it sets my nerves on edge a little bit.

amyzzz
04-30-2009, 07:59 PM
And Jesus, I don't want to know how many ppl die of the regular flu ever year when my kid has the regular flu. :(

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM
It's about 100 a day.

chiapet
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Amy I'd be worried too if I had children, because no one likes to see their kids suffer through illnesses. FWIW, I do think it will fairly quickly reach epidemic proportions, I just don't think it's doom (for us at least). There are many common illnesses that we could all die from. Most don't, obviously.

People compare flu pandemic risks to the 1918 Spanish flu, but obviously our medical knowledge and access to health care is quite different now. The mortality rate was pretty low even for that pandemic in the US (like < 0.05% I think?). (Edited - not that 0.05% of the US population wouldn't be a lot... but it's just not the 1-5% that people quote which is global).

Amy, aren't fevers more tolerable in children? (like up to 105F?) I don't know if you can do the tylenol+advil trick (alternating every 2-3 hours) with children, but it works great on adults. I've done that every time I've had a 103 or higher fever and it brought it down enough that I wasn't miserable.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I could have uploaded the Daft Vegoose show for you. It is better than the Alive album. For a while I was listening to it once a week.

Yes please.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Roocrew, please don't let the media use fear to gain control.

TommyboyUNM
04-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Roocrew, please don't let the media use fear to gain control.

Yeah, no shit. And stop scaring zeezizzlllzleezlellz.

LooseAtTheZoo
04-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes please.

Show me how to use megaupload and it is yours

rage patton
04-30-2009, 09:10 PM

I have heard some of the Vegoose bootlegs out there are better than Alive, that is why I choose one from Eriks collection. I asked him to pick out the best one. It makes it even better because I was there. And thanks for the offer, no big deal though.

Also, I just noticed you are comming to the Roo. Awesome! Why aren't you camping in our group? You are more than welcome ya'know.

Blinken
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Swine flu is not a big deal at all, there was an outbreak of it back in 1976 I think and everything ended up fine. Hell even paitent zero, 5 year old kid in Mexico is running around and playing everything is fine.

woogie846
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Did anyone watch the Pancake Mountain video for Bonnaroo tips? It wasn't much, but still got me more excited for the Roo.

faxman75
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I love this thread. I'm ready. This is going to be a fun weekend.

paulb
04-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Im so glad alot of my posse will be at the Beastie Boys at the Roo/Lolla......Faxy, you interested in OSL?

canexplain
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
i was just watching star sailor, i am not sure why they arent bigger then they are ... sort of a mini coldplay .... anyway, yea i brought up the here piggy piggy flu HPPF, any way it would not stop me from going to fests , but i do have to say, i might kick back and stay in the back , no moshing, railing or whatever , just a kick back summer .... yea star sailor... cr****

faxman75
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Im so glad alot of my posse will be at the Beastie Boys at the Roo/Lolla......Faxy, you interested in OSL?

Yes, but I can't do it.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Alright folks, I'm usually not one to post lyrics but this struck a nerve when it randomly came on at the gym after my comment on fear. Also, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRAWR!!!!!!!

Vietnow

Turn on tha radio, nah fuck it turn it off
Fear is your only god on the radio
Nah fuck it, turn it off
Turn it off, turn on tha radio, nah fuck it turn it off
Nah fuck it, your saviour's my guillotine, crosses and kerosene

Merge on tha networks, slangin' nerve gas
Up jump tha boogie then bang, let 'em hang
While tha paraniod try ta stuff tha void
Let's capture this AM mayhem
Undressed, and blessed by tha Lord
Tha power pendulum swings by tha umbilical cord
Shock around tha clock, from noon 'til noon
Men grabbin' they mics, and stuff 'em into tha womb
Terror's tha product ya push
Well I'm a truth addict, oh shit I gotta headrush
Sheep tremble an here come tha votes
Thrown from tha throat, new cages an scapegoats
Undressed and blessed by tha Lord
Tha same devil that ran around Managua wit a sword
Check out tha new style that Ollie found
I tune in wit a bullet ta shut down tha devil sound
Shut down tha devil sound
Tha program of Vietnow

Turn on the radio, nah fuck it turn it off
Nah fuck it, turn it off
Turn it off, turn on the radio, nah fuck it turn it off

Flex tha cerebellum, fire, uh!
Somebody gotta shell 'em
These evil angels lists, hittin' tha AM playlist
Paid ta say this
That one inhuman, illegal, single woman
Tha one wit out a room
The transmissions wippin' our backs
Yeah, comin' down like bats from Stacy Coon
Terror's tha product ya push
Tha sheep tremble an here come tha votes
Thrown from tha throat, new cages and scapegoats
One caution tha mics a detonator unwound
Ta shut down tha devil sound
Check tha heads bow in vietnow

Is all tha world jails and churches?

Radio, nah fuck it, turn it off
Fear is your only god on tha radio
Nah fuck it, turn it off
Turn it off, turn on tha radio, nah fuck it turn it off
Fear is your only god on tha radio

Fear is your, fear is your, fear is your only god

pancakespancakes
04-30-2009, 11:21 PM

rage patton
04-30-2009, 11:21 PM

Probably my favorite line of any Rage song. True story.

pancakespancakes
04-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Yup mine as well.

Actually, 2nd or 3rd, when it comes down to it.

That was on my myspace for so long though...

LooseAtTheZoo
05-01-2009, 06:25 AM
I have heard some of the Vegoose bootlegs out there are better than Alive, that is why I choose one from Eriks collection. I asked him to pick out the best one. It makes it even better because I was there. And thanks for the offer, no big deal though.

Also, I just noticed you are comming to the Roo. Awesome! Why aren't you camping in our group? You are more than welcome ya'know.

I should be camping in the group. I know for sure my group (9 people) will be sleeping at Walmart Wednesday night and caravanning with you all.

sbessiso
05-01-2009, 06:52 AM
What time is everyone meeting at the Walmart?

Which WalMart is it?

And what time do you think you guys are gunna drive in on Thursday? If I can, i'm gunna make my group meet up with you guys. Theres no reason we shouldnt camp together other than we just wont be able to rendezvous with you guys at the appropriate times. Which is what has been my main and only concern to begin with.

The very very very tentative plan is that we're gunna be renting a car and leaving super duper early wednesday morning. I'll be with my two best friends Sunni and Yasmin whom I'm actually really excited to introduce you guys to. (Yasmin has a Radiohead tattoo as well and Sunni has the other half of my tattoo). Then my friend Nick is going but hes getting a ride with someone else and I really dont know his plan. Hopefully we can bang out the details like this week or something. I know for a fact thats a big reason why my Bonnaroo excitement has waned, the lack of solid details on our travel plans. But its gunna be a jolly good time and my friends are cool peeps who like drugs and dancing and giggling and being silly. Like me!

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 07:05 AM
(Yasmin has a Radiohead tattoo as well and Sunni has the other half of my tattoo).

I like Yasmin already.

I feel like more research needs to be done to find out the best time to try to head into the festival from Wal-Mart. I wanna avoid a clusterfuck. I know I don't necessarily mind waiting in line for 7 hours, but it's still not preferred.

sbessiso
05-01-2009, 07:15 AM
She's also half Mexican but kind of hispter-ish. The latter is a shocking new development but maybe I'm being too stereotypical. Just because she shops at Urban Outfitters and American Apparel and is starting to listen to hipster music doesn't make her a hipster right?? RIGHT??

The only thing that worries/bugs me is if we leave wednesday morning it'll pretty much be a nonstop drive. Last year my friends and I did the drive in two days but Yasmin and I have tickets to see Animal Collective that tuesday. I really really dont mind selling the tickets and skipping it (even though it WILL be fun, its in the best venue in town) but Yasmin wont have any of that. Blah Blah Blah etc etc

faxman75
05-01-2009, 07:39 AM
She's also half Mexican but kind of hispter-ish. The latter is a shocking new development but maybe I'm being too stereotypical. Just because she shops at Urban Outfitters and American Apparel and is starting to listen to hipster music doesn't make her a hipster right?? RIGHT??

Pictures will help us decide.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Forget about it fellas, you know Pumpky is gonna help his ass-slapping buddy out first and foremost...

Right, Pumpkin?

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 08:50 AM
I already have an in with Yasmin. Matching tattoos! C'mon D-Lo, don't make me get back into cockblocking mode. You know I don't have any problem doing it.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 08:55 AM
You're always in cockblocking mode, Fucker. It will be cute to see you guys share your feminine ink.

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 09:01 AM
That's not all we'll be sharing.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Did she used to be a guy too?

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Hopefully.

faxman75
05-01-2009, 09:17 AM
She's half Mexican. I wonder what the other half is.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Mexican't

feather
05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
i'm gunna make my group meet up with you guys!

PLURfect!

ROO ROO I'm getting excited :)

canexplain
05-01-2009, 09:24 AM
happy friday gang ..... cr****

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Salahita, tell Yasmin to get a real pic up on Facebook. I mean.......was that creepy?

sin213
05-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Daft Punk - Vegoose 07

nice set of boots. i still listen to the daft and rod y gab boots on an occasional basis.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Jason, one of these days I'm going to come over with a stack of blanks and a sack of danks. Then it'll be time to burn baby burn!!

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm also really starting to get giddy. I remember stepping on the farm for the first time and it just felt like home, can't wait to get back.

feather
05-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm also really starting to get giddy. I remember stepping on the farm for the first time and it just felt like home, can't wait to get back.

I've always wanted to live on a farm. Just to take care of the animals, not eat them. This is the closest I can get!

Ring the triangle it's time for suppeROO!!!

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Jason, one of these days I'm going to come over with a stack of blanks and a sack of danks. Then it'll be time to burn baby burn!!

Dylzeez, have you ever thought about publishing a book of your quotes/sayings?

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Dylzeez, have you ever thought about publishing a book of your quotes/sayings?

I haven't, but maybe we can co-write a book and sell it at music festivals??? eh? eh?

TommyboyUNM
05-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I believe we're in business.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
I know it's been asked several times but when do we get set times, 3 weeks from now?

pancakespancakes
05-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Probably the last week of May? If not, the 2nd-to-last week of May.

So yeah. 3 weeks from now.

sin213
05-01-2009, 10:59 AM

you're more than welcome to come by...gotta wait a few weeks until I get my new furniture, though. right now there isn't anything to sit on. got my camping chair set up for now. ;)

chiapet
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I just outed myself to my brother (that I'm going to Bonnaroo). Some of his friends are going and apparently some of my HS friends are too. I invited him but he's not in. He will consider Coachella next time though. (I've told him about it quite a few times and I guess he never actually looked at the lineup until this year).

miSTEVEious
05-01-2009, 12:34 PM
man i'm ready for the farm too...only 40 days. i think you first timers will have your expectations blown out of the water :)

sin213
05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
i hope so!

wow...only 40 days...i didn't realize it was that close.

apostle2
05-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm hesitating to get all my Roo gear together because that's the point every year when I get real, real excited, and stop thinking about anything else at all. When that shitty Camelbak comes out of the closet, it's allll over...

chiapet
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
That means Sasquatch is only a few weeks away. :)

getting the gear out of the closet implies that it ever went back in. I decided to just leave my shit all over the place after Coachella. :D

faxman75
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm in full Calexico/Vegas/NINJA/Sasquatch mode!

The Roo will follow. :D As will the Wilco.

faxman75
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
That means Sasquatch is only a few weeks away. :)

getting the gear out of the closet implies that it ever went back in. I decided to just leave my shit all over the place after Coachella. :D

Yep, pretty much the same here. Next weekend I make a footprint.

sin213
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
yeah, i think that is why i haven't been thinkin about roo too much...i got a ton of great shows coming up before roo.

from may 15th - may 31st i'll get to see ninja (phx), ninja (vegas), crystal method, prodigy (la) and gogol (chicago). that is a very decent two weeks!! :D

chiapet
05-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I am extremely busy until Sasquatch (really until after Roo), so I'm trying not to think about it too much yet. :)

Backwater
05-01-2009, 01:24 PM
yeah, i think that is why i haven't been thinkin about roo too much...i got a ton of great shows coming up before roo.

from may 15th - may 31st i'll get to see ninja (phx), ninja (vegas), crystal method, prodigy (la) and gogol (chicago). that is a very decent two weeks!! :D

Yea, May is like the new September this year. In that same span of a couple weeks I'm seeing Lucero (faxy check them out if you haven't already) either Opeth or Mogwai or one of the other thousands of shows going on May 16th, possibly Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos, maybe New York Dolls, maybe Dredg, Morbid Angel, and Animal Collective.

pancakespancakes
05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Opeth is coming to LA? I can't believe I didn't know about this, dangit...

Backwater
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Yea at the Avalon, the same day as Mogwai, Soulive, the "secret" El Rey and about a million other shows. I'm about 90% sure I'm picking that over Mogwai. Have you seen Opeth live yet? If you haven't and you're a fan, I'd say it's well worth a trip up to LA. I'm not too crazy about their new album but I listened to Blackwater Park and My Arms, Your Hearse about a hundred times each in high school. Bleak is my favorite song from them. I'm glad you appreciate good metal, Flapjacks. Let me know if you end up going.

pancakespancakes
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I just saw that they're playing the Glasshouse the night before... and it's not sold out... and no, I've never got around to seeing them, but I used to be completely obsessed with them back in 10th grade...

I barely listen to them anymore, which is why I don't keep up on their tour schedules and stuff these days... But I really should go to that! Gah, decisions.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Fuck you all and all your shows.

Dear Roo,

You're always on my mind!

D

Backwater
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I've seen them twice and they were great both times. I hear that they never disappoint, and I haven't been to the Avalon yet so I'll be there.

I have to say, I'm really glad that High on Fire, Dillinger Escape Plan and even Shadows Fall are all going to be at roo. If for no other reason because I'm loving this new High on Fire album and I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed a new metal album.

chiapet
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I keep forgetting that I'm seeing Mogwai in a couple of weeks. The next few months are fucking incredible. I keep telling myself that a few dozen times a day as I work my way through meeting after meeting.

Backwater
05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Fuck you all and all your shows.

Dear Roo,

You're always on my mind!

D

And you're going to NINJA, Lolla, and Mile High? Fuck you sir.

At least we're looking forward to Roo more than anything else though.

faxman75
05-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Yea, May is like the new September this year. In that same span of a couple weeks I'm seeing Lucero (faxy check them out if you haven't already)

I have some friends who love Lucero. They are playing Phoenix soon and I may or may not see them depending on finances and if friends from Flagstaff are coming down.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
And you're going to NINJA, Lolla, and Mile High? Fuck you sir.

At least we're looking forward to Roo more than anything else though.

And I have a hot date with Allymazing to see Ms. Badu :pulse

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 02:18 PM
I may or may not see them depending on finances

But Faxy, you have wazoo money!!

Backwater
05-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I have some friends who love Lucero. They are playing Phoenix soon and I may or may not see them depending on finances and if friends from Flagstaff are coming down.

They're fucking crazy live, really wild and energetic, and that doesn't come through on the albums very much at all. The last time I saw them they killed a handle of Jack Daniels by the fifth song between the four of them and they still managed to play pretty tight. They're really fun live. I highly recommend going if you can make it.

Are you going to slip her a mickey?

faxman75
05-01-2009, 02:25 PM
But Faxy, you have wazoo money!!

:nono

Timmy, I will make every effort. I think they are playing one of the better venues in town as well. The Rhythm Room.

faxman75
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Is this true? Do you guys have tickets already?

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Are you going to slip her a mickey?

Ssshhhh

Timmy, I will make every effort. I think they are playing one of the better venues in town as well. The Rhythm Room.

When is this? I love the Rhythm Room!

Is this true? Do you guys have tickets already?

Yes and yes. I couldn't pass up Celebrity, it's my fav.

faxman75
05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
May 12th with Black Joe Lewis who I also hear is great. $15 in advance and at the door.

I'm jealous of the Badu show.

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 02:52 PM
May 12th with Black Joe Lewis who I also hear is great. $15 in advance and at the door.

Tuesday huh? Rhythm Room is about a 1/2 from my work, I'd have to come rock out in slacks and a dress shirt. Hasn't stopped me before, it's also about a block from CHEETAHS (where dreams come true...) :D

Backwater
05-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I think Dylan accidentally called me once while at CHEETAHS, haha

Mr. Dylanja
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
There was pressure on my pocket!

feather
05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
man i'm ready for the farm too...only 40 days. i think you first timers will have your expectations blown out of the water :)

Oh yaaay that's me.

I'm hesitating to get all my Roo gear together because that's the point every year when I get real, real excited, and stop thinking about anything else at all. When that shitty Camelbak comes out of the closet, it's allll over...

Haha I love it! Bring that camel out now.

miSTEVEious
05-01-2009, 03:31 PM
haha yeah, not to diss coachella at all because i love it, but if you equate bonnaroo with chella, i think you're in for a pleasant surprise

hey feather i actually saw you multiple times throughout coachella, at CAA group, plump djs, the orb, and didn't realize it was you until afterwards when i saw ur pic somewhere on these boards. weeeeeiiirrd

sbessiso
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Salahita, tell Yasmin to get a real pic up on Facebook. I mean.......was that creepy?

A little bit actually. But I have pictures with her on my facebook. I'm not pimping her out, I swear! I just meant you guys would get along. Haha

So apparently I have MORE friends going to Bonnaroo. Theyre riding up on their own but theyre gunna be there. Funny

NIN/JA IN A WEEK

Blinken
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
So this what DJJD (the clue giver) tweeted today, looks like set time clues

sun byrne - could happen you know
about 4 hours ago from web

boss in the night- will stop before light

Katz in the day? Maygothatway.

I take Sun Bryne to mean he is playing a sunset slot.

Katz, means Katzenjammer playing during the day.

The really interesting one is the "Boss in the night - before the light"

Does this mean what I think it does. Obviously Boss Time is not late night, so what could be the light he is talking about? Lights in the Sky?? hmmmmm Or he is just talking about Bruce's long sets.

chiapet
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I'd have to come rock out in slacks and a dress shirt.

I have a weird desire to see pics of this. Because it seems so out of place with my impression of you. Sometimes corporate drag is hot. :)

Says the person who wears jeans, sneakers and band tees to work every day heh.

Backwater
05-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Bringing back LITS for one night at roo would be cool.

It's nice to know that Byrne is sunset and not late night so he won't be conflicting with Phish. I'm a little worried about Of Montreal and Erykah Badu also being late night. Aren't they on Friday? Although could that mean Byrne is going to show up as a surprise guest on Sunday, with Phish perhaps? They did cover the whole album of Remain in Light ...

Blinken
05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
According to inforoo Bryne has a show in DC on that Sunday, so that can't be it.

sbessiso
05-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I dont care when he plays. Im not missing Byrne for anything

Backwater
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Neither am I, unless Badu is at the same time, in which case I'd be pretty pissed off and probably do half and half.

JSam67
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Byrne is (basically) the only reason I haven't sold my ticket.