PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

pancakespancakes
02-04-2009, 09:55 PM
This year will be my 4th Roo. I have lots to say but working fucking BLOWS right now. My super post will have to wait.

4th?? Wow, I thought Backwater was the only Roo vet here.

I've only been to 5 music festivals in my whole life! Well, 5 "big" ones in the vain of Bonnaroo anyway. But I'm hoping that number doubles this year.

paulb
02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Which have you been to Pancakes? Ive been to soon to be 3 Coachellas, Pemberton, Lollapalooza x 2, Sasquatch x 2, Hurricane Festival, soon to be Bonnaroo and Rock Im Park

pancakespancakes
02-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Which have you been to Pancakes? Ive been to soon to be 3 Coachellas, Pemberton, Lollapalooza x 2, Sasquatch x 2, Hurricane Festival, soon to be Bonnaroo and Rock Im Park

Coachella x 2, Bonnaroo, Outside Lands, Vegoose.

Have tickets to: Coachella Pt. 3, Bonnaroo Pt. 2
Hoping to add on with: Outside Lands Pt. 2, Lollapalooza, and maybe Sasquatch, Voodoo, Austin City Limits, or All Points West... depending on their lineups.

faxman75
02-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Coachella 05'-08' (only went one day in 05')
Sasquatch 2008
Lollapalooza x 3 (1994, 1995, 2008 all in Chicago and Paul I don't even remember seeing the Beastie Boys performance in 94')
Tibetan Freedom Concert 1999 (east troy wisconsin)
San Diego Street Scene 2003

apostle2
02-04-2009, 10:51 PM
4th?? Wow, I thought Backwater was the only Roo vet here.

yeah, I went for the first time in 2006 and haven't missed it since. that's the only reason I know about camping/arrival stuff, I have experimented with it enough each year that now I know all the entrances, directions, and camping spots. after last year, I'm pretty sure I got this shit down now...haha.

And sal, this year you get your Roo Veteran badge. We'll christen you the moment you set foot in Centeroo :D

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't know what I'll be yelling more this year, bonnaroooooooo or BOSS TIME!!

JSam67
02-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm psyched to finally see Of Montreal as well, Salah. I wish Byrne was headlining and not Beasties, but as long as he gets plenty of time after the sun goes down, I'll be pleased.

First Roo for me of course, very exciting.

apostle2
02-04-2009, 11:19 PM
david byrne will pre-headline on the What Stage, so probably half his set will be during sunset/night. I'm just trying to figure out right now who the big sunday which stage act is...

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I hope to god it's MMJ or Primus.

rage patton
02-04-2009, 11:45 PM
MMJ would be cool. Primus would blow me away.

Sushov23
02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Omar is amazing.

So pancakes, considering no one else here like TMV... when do you think they will play? I am hoping for a late night set against Phish on Friday night.

I love TMV also, i'm hoping for a late night set also. Wouldn't mind it being against Phish either, seeing as how either way we will at least see them once.

JSam67
02-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I hope to god it's MMJ or Primus.

MMJ would be glorious. Primus would mean I could leave early, so that's not too bad either.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 12:58 AM
david byrne will pre-headline on the What Stage, so probably half his set will be during sunset/night. I'm just trying to figure out right now who the big sunday which stage act is...

I was thinking it would be Kings of Leon, until I found out they weren't actually playing of course... so now, it seems like Wilco makes the most sense, but they already played Sunday the last Roo, so that's repetitive. So if not them maybe The Decembrists? I could also see Ben Harper... or even Elvis Costello. Even though neither are very "indie rock." But I'm not sure that's supposed to be the trend.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Which is the "mainstage." The which stage or the what stage?

JSam67
02-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah, are there certain themed bands that play the other stages usually? (Like EDM goes Sahara, is there like a stage primarily for jam bands or whatever?)

And with the adds to come, what size of bands do these generally turn out to be?

Sushov23
02-05-2009, 01:13 AM
I was thinking it would be Kings of Leon, until I found out they weren't actually playing of course... so now, it seems like Wilco makes the most sense, but they already played Sunday the last Roo, so that's repetitive. So if not them maybe The Decembrists? I could also see Ben Harper... or even Elvis Costello. Even though neither are very "indie rock." But I'm not sure that's supposed to be the trend.

hey Kings Of Leon could still play, i'm still holding out hope.

apostle2
02-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Which is the "mainstage." The which stage or the what stage?

What is the main stage, Which is the second stage, That and This are the big tents, The Other is the smaller tent. Then there are a couple mini stages

Yeah, are there certain themed bands that play the other stages usually? (Like EDM goes Sahara, is there like a stage primarily for jam bands or whatever?)

And with the adds to come, what size of bands do these generally turn out to be?

There aren't specifically themed tents, but they due tend to try to match band types in a tent on a day. like, they might make That Tent an "indie tent" for a day and schedule three indie bands, or make The Other Tent have three folk/country acts in a row. so no, none of the main stages or tents carry an actual theme. The Somethin' Else Tent, on the other hand, is an exclusive jazz tent, but that is considered more one of the mini stages.

as far as adds go, it could be anything, but there is usually at least one top 10 sized band added. then that ranges all the way down to the cafe acts, where they will just one day add 20 bands that all go on the very bottom of the line up. 2006 they added Oysterhead and Sonic Youth on the same day, if I remember correctly. 2008 they added chris rock, widespread panic, and Tiesto. so yeah, all shapes and sizes...

JSam67
02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks a bunch, apostle!

apostle2
02-05-2009, 01:25 AM
no problem, that's what we're here for...giving enough info to rope other people into coming haha

rage patton
02-05-2009, 01:54 AM
What is the main stage, Which is the second stage, That and This are the big tents, The Other is the smaller tent. Then there are a couple mini stages

Then I say Al Green will close the Which Stage Sunday night...

EDIT: Yes, I meant which. Fuck these stage names are gonna fuck me up.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Then I say Al Green will close the What Stage Sunday night...

Do you mean the Which Stage? Cause that would actually be pretty cool. But he's just not mellow enough like the Sunday bands are... that's why I'm thinking Wilco. (I know he's mellow, but, I'm thinking a different kind of mellow).

Also, last year I know that Widespread Panic, Chris Rock, Les Claypool, Tiesto :nono, Zappa Plays Zappa, and MSTRKRFT were all late adds. I can't say anything for the other years. But those were the big ones I remember last year. Keep in mind, WSP might not mean much to any of you guys, but they're a "headlining" band at Bonnaroo... so headliners can definitely still be added as well! Not that we need em, just saying.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 02:25 AM
I think Phish will be closing out the Sunday mainstage. Late night set Friday. On Saturday Trey will either be with Oysterhead, Solo or superjam. Or, most likely, all 3.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 02:54 AM
JSam Josh has good taste.

Talking Heads >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beastie BoyZZ

I've been trying to listen to them lately and I'm just not digging it at all, sorry Paul. I will watch the set though. It seems like it will be fun if I'm drinking. I promise I'll watch the set unless it's late night and conflicting with someone really good.

JSam67
02-05-2009, 03:26 AM
JSam Josh has good taste.

Talking Heads >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beastie BoyZZ

I've been trying to listen to them lately and I'm just not digging it at all, sorry Paul. I will watch the set though. It seems like it will be fun if I'm drinking. I promise I'll watch the set unless it's late night and conflicting with someone really good.

Why, thank you Backwater Tim! It's tough to stay up with this thread but I've enjoyed your pro-Byrne posts a lot. I can't wait to hear Once in a Lifetime, maybe at sunset, maybe peaking...oh yeah, gonna be one of those, sorry, once in a lifetime moments.

You have, I think, the most similar taste to my own of anyone in this thread, we're gonna be seeing many of the same shows at both Chella and Roo, methinks. (Although I admit I was a bit disheartened to read your Flaming Flamers remark...)

I might end up checking out the Beasties too barring a conflict. But I'm even *gasp* waaaaay more excited to see a Phish show.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 03:37 AM
I can't wait to hear Once in a Lifetime, maybe at sunset, maybe peaking...oh yeah

Right there with you man. That is one of the best songs ever written. I think I remember Blackswan agreeing with that also. That set is going to be so great for me, you and Dylan.

But hey Drew, what number Bonnaroo would this year make for you?

Same question goes to Tim.

This will be my Third Bonnaroo and my Third Coachella

This will be my 5th roo, 04-07. 2nd coachella, lolla 03 and 05, and ozzfest 02-05, and of course ....... a bunch of hippie festivals :rolleyes

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 04:15 AM
JSam, Byrne will get 90 minutes. Do not worry my friend. You guys are going to love every fucking second of this show. When I saw him a couple months ago he blew me away, his dancing is still there, his funny head movements, he jokes with the crowd, AND HE WORE A TUTU WHEN HE PLAYED "BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE"!

Then I say Al Green will close the Which Stage Sunday night...

EDIT: Yes, I meant which. Fuck these stage names are gonna fuck me up.

Thats not happening, babe. Pancakes is on the right track though, Wilco is very possible.

And sal, this year you get your Roo Veteran badge. We'll christen you the moment you set foot in Centeroo :D

HOORAY!!!!!! Smash a champagne bottle on me or something

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 04:23 AM
This apathy towards the Beastie Boys is quite disheartening

apostle2
02-05-2009, 04:28 AM
go to work

I will go to bed

Boourns
02-05-2009, 05:52 AM
This apathy towards the Beastie Boys is quite disheartening

I forget, which is the one that sounds just like Gilbert Gottfried?

canexplain
02-05-2009, 06:47 AM
hey tim (backwater) did you still want both of The Dead shoreline tics or just one ... there are people on KFOG i can sell them too ... doesnt matter to me either way because i would never sell them for more then face ... cr****

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Also, last year I know that Widespread Panic, Chris Rock, Les Claypool, Tiesto :nono, Zappa Plays Zappa, and MSTRKRFT were all late adds. I can't say anything for the other years. But those were the big ones I remember last year. Keep in mind, WSP might not mean much to any of you guys, but they're a "headlining" band at Bonnaroo... so headliners can definitely still be added as well! Not that we need em, just saying.

If Chris Rock was a late add, then it was still before tickets went on sale. He was a draw for me and I bought my ticket the day they went on sale. The Disco Biscuits were also a late add.

ToddThaGod
02-05-2009, 07:29 AM
man think of how awesome this lineup is going to be with the new additions.

u mad coachella? lol

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I forget, which is the one that sounds just like Gilbert Gottfried?

No one thinks you're funny. You wish you were even a 16th as cool as the Beasties, bro

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM

u mad coachella? lol

I like Coachella's lineup too....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM

u mad coachella? lol

I just wanted to post this here...just to get this off my chest.

ugh...the only reason Bonnaroo is getting more attention, is because of Phish and Bruce. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON!!!! Last time Bonnaroo got this much attention was back in 2006 when Radiohead was the headliner. And when that happened guess who Coachella got? Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Madonna, Tool, Depeche Mode, Sigur Ros, Kanye West...the very next year guess who headlined roo? Tool...and who played in 08? Kanye. I am really sick and tired of this whole Roo Vs. Coachella bullshit...face it..Roo is where its at now BECAUSE of Coachella...Roo decided to diversify its line up BECAUSE of Coachella...Bruce just came off a Superbowl showing and that is why Roo is getting all this attention...but outside of NIN and Beasties (who have both played Coachella with headlining spots already), and 2 nights of Phish (who are touring like crazy this summer anyways...), I don't see how their line up is "better" then Coachella...again its UNIQUE but it is still a ROO line up...just like Coachella has their line up...its a Coachela line up...

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM
JSam, Byrne will get 90 minutes. Do not worry my friend. You guys are going to love every fucking second of this show. When I saw him a couple months ago he blew me away, his dancing is still there, his funny head movements, he jokes with the crowd, AND HE WORE A TUTU WHEN HE PLAYED "BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE"!
Wow.

canexplain
02-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow.

he wears a pretty cool pink bunny suit too ... that was a while back, but it was him solo and not the TH's .. cr****

Boourns
02-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Funny how ageist hipsters hate on McCartney but Springsteen gets a free pass, despite being a geritol chugger himself. I guess because Arcade Fire played with him a couple times back in the day.

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I just wanted to post this here...just to get this off my chest.

Why do people have to either be on Team Bonnaroo or Team Coachella(Hell Yeah)? This whole Roo vs Coachella thing is ridiculous. If you don't like the Roo lineup then don't go. If you don't like the Coachella lineup then don't go. But people defend these festivals (I'm sure hardcore Roo people are the same way) like they are their children or something. That's fine, but it's stupid to bash the other festival in the process without knowing anything about it.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. But why does Coachella get a free pass for having The Cure close out the festival when they played 5 years ago? Team Coachella (not you specifically Marco) harps on their festival being new and innovative. I also think if Bonnaroo announced The Killers as a headliner then Coachella people would be all over them. Look, it doesn't have to be one or the other. They both offer different lineups and different experiences. And they are both two of my favorite things in the world.

Boourns
02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I think The Cure is one of the go-to bands for when a headliner drops out, like when NIN did in 2004. I can't complain since they're still a valid headliner (the Killers, on the other hand...), but yeah, Bowie or Radiohead would be preferred.

Even if I skipped Coachella, I still couldn't afford Bonnaroo because of the flight. I think the lineups are really close in quality this year. Both have their pros (McCartney vs Springsteen, Cohen vs Byrne) and cons (Killers vs a double dose of Phish, no epic dance tent acts, Fever Ray, Asobi Seksu, Deerhunter, any post-rock, Bat for Lashes, Panda Bear, Emmy the Great, Dave Chappelle, David Bowie handjobs, etc at either).

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Heh. Phish and Bruce. God, I wish they weren't at Bonnaroo, Marcky Marco

sin213
Why do people have to either be on Team Bonnaroo or Team Coachella(Hell Yeah)? This whole Roo vs Coachella thing is ridiculous. If you don't like the Roo lineup then don't go. If you don't like the Coachella lineup then don't go. But people defend these festivals (I'm sure hardcore Roo people are the same way) like they are their children or something. That's fine, but it's stupid to bash the other festival in the process without knowing anything about it.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. But why does Coachella get a free pass for having The Cure close out the festival when they played 5 years ago? Team Coachella (not you specifically Marco) harps on their festival being new and innovative. I also think if Bonnaroo announced The Killers as a headliner then Coachella people would be all over them. Look, it doesn't have to be one or the other. They both offer different lineups and different experiences. And they are both two of my favorite things in the world.

So my bumpersticker that says "My Coachella beat up your honors Bonnaroo on the playground" is probably inappropriate? ;)

Mr. Dylanja
I'd rather see McCartney instead of BOSS TIME! I'll watch Paul, but I think I'm going to be getting a spot for Trent during Bruce.

Also, I'M NOT MISSING DAVID BYRNE!

summerkid
02-05-2009, 09:41 AM
tommyboy its not the same Cure that headlined in 2004. Porl Thompson is back in the band and he's a fucking amazing guitarist that will make all the difference live and it makes them lean more heavily on their older stuff.

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 09:46 AM
tommyboy its not the same Cure that headlined in 2004. Porl Thompson is back in the band and he's a fucking amazing guitarist that will make all the difference live and it makes them lean more heavily on their older stuff.

Let me be clear, I'm really really excited to see The Cure. I'm happy they are there. Just pointing something out that I don't see as a big deal, but some might if Bonnaroo did the same thing (and they do with Widespread Panic).

summerkid
02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
that's because widespread panic has headlined like 4 or 5 times. David Byrne played 5 years ago at the roo and that's someone everyone on here is giving the roo's lineup credit for.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM

I honestly don't know why people have to bass the other festival. Seriously, it is beyond childish. I LIKE both line ups. Plain and simple but I like Coachella's more because it has acts that I have been begging for for years...does that make it "better" then roo? no, not at all. Both festivals are in competition with each other and that is fine, because it makes them both better. Both festivals have grown and have only gotten better since their start. That is a good thing! Both have pros and cons and both have faults. But both augment each other. Roo went more diverse but of Coachella and Coachella started lauching the fire power to compete with the scope and size of roo (Waters, Prince and McCartney are proof of that). Yeah, I actually agree with you Tommy. I was actually a little disappointed when I saw the Cure was a headliner (mostly because I saw them pull an amazing 3 hour set at Red Rocks last year and they toured the shit out of last year)...but to me, the headliner for Sunday will be My Bloody Valentine, which is why I overlooked that (Also, like Frank said, I had a feeling that they did it as a favor because one or 2 headliners decided not to do it). I honestly, don't mind the Killers, I have been listening to them a lot more lately and reading how their shows have been and I am actually looking forward to maybe seeing them (if they don't conflict with anyone else). Are they a step down from Prince and Portishead? Absolutely. But Paul McCartney is a HUGE step up from Jack Johnson so fair square there. And Saturday still have PLENTLY of room for more additions (headliners or not). So I am still holding out judgement on Coachella until we get the set times. In the end I hope both festivals just kill. Honestly, with the economy being the way it is, it would be a HUGE loss to live music and festivals in general if one of them failed. I am just done with seeing all the Coachella >>>>> Roo, Roo >>>>>> Coachella threads. And if I see anymore of them, I will make 4 hippies and 4 hipsters disappear. True Story.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 09:58 AM
I think The Cure is one of the go-to bands for when a headliner drops out, like when NIN did in 2004. I can't complain since they're still a valid headliner (the Killers, on the other hand...), but yeah, Bowie or Radiohead would be preferred.

Even if I skipped Coachella, I still couldn't afford Bonnaroo because of the flight. I think the lineups are really close in quality this year. Both have their pros (McCartney vs Springsteen, Cohen vs Byrne) and cons (Killers vs a double dose of Phish, no epic dance tent acts, Fever Ray, Asobi Seksu, Deerhunter, any post-rock, Bat for Lashes, Panda Bear, Emmy the Great, Dave Chappelle, David Bowie handjobs, etc at either).

a huge QFT there Frankie.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Heh. Phish and Bruce. God, I wish they weren't at Bonnaroo, Marcky Marco

I would watch Phish just to see what all the buzz if about. But I wouldn't watch more then a song or 2 of Bruce.

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Is it weird that I'm more confident about having a good time watching Bruce than I am about watching McCartney?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Is it weird that I'm more confident about having a good time watching Bruce than I am about watching McCartney?

Yeah, what the fuck is your problem? Are you tripping ballz already?

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, what the fuck is your problem? Are you tripping ballz already?

Wings man. Wings. And, for the record, I'm only excited about McCartney because he's a Beatle and might play some Beatles tunes.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Wings man. Wings. And, for the record, I'm only excited about McCartney because he's a Beatle and might play some Beatles tunes.

same here man...but because of his recent setlists I am not worried give me a 80% beatles setlist and Maybe I'm Amazed and I'll be on the moon for dayz....

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
same here man...but because of his recent setlists I am not worried give me a 80% beatles setlist and Maybe I'm Amazed and I'll be on the moon for dayz....

80%? I was thinking more like 45% at the most. But maybe he'll play mostly Beatles stuff because it's a festival and not his own gig. Playing 80% Beatles will mean the Coachellas will be happy and I may shed some tears.

Boourns
02-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Lots of Beatles songs + Live and Let Die and Maybe I'm Amazed = epic

summerkid
set list from is show in israel in september.

Hello Goodbye, Jet, Drive My Car, Only Mama Knows, All My Loving, Flaming Pie, Let Me Roll It, My Love, Let ‘Em In, The Long and Winding Road, Dance Tonight, Blackbird, Calico Skies, Follow The Sun, Mrs. Vanderbilt, Here There and Everywhere, Eleanor Rigby, Something, A Day In The Life, Give Peace a Chance, Band On The Run, Back In The USSR, I Got A Feeling, Live And Let Die, Let It Be, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Get Back, I Saw Her Standing There, Yesterday, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

scoop49er
there is no reason to debate the lineups of bonnaroo and coachella. they are both solid for different reasons...... as of now.. coachella is known internationally as a great festival, in the u.s., bonnaroo has the upper hand as the top festival... so they both get their props and they are #1a and #1b.. and im going to both! :)

summerkid
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
phish keeps me from going this year that's for certain though. I do want to go sometime though but this year isn't it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 10:24 AM

Hello Goodbye, Jet, Drive My Car, Only Mama Knows, All My Loving, Flaming Pie, Let Me Roll It, My Love, Let ‘Em In, The Long and Winding Road, Dance Tonight, Blackbird, Calico Skies, Follow The Sun, Mrs. Vanderbilt, Here There and Everywhere, Eleanor Rigby, Something, A Day In The Life, Give Peace a Chance, Band On The Run, Back In The USSR, I Got A Feeling, Live And Let Die, Let It Be, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Get Back, I Saw Her Standing There, Yesterday, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

come on Tomster. You can't beat this shit. Yesterday? A Day In The Life? Hey Jude? Tears will be shed.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 10:25 AM

I might cry during Yesterday, please don't look at me guys.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow. The first song I am interested in is the 17th song into the set. I will probably watch the last hour of Paul McCartney.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow. The first song I am interested in is the 17th song into the set. I will probably watch the last hour of Paul McCartney.

Damn you Joshua...

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 10:38 AM
phish keeps me from going this year that's for certain though. I do want to go sometime though but this year isn't it.

For the life of me I can't figure out why one band would keep you from going to a festival. You could do so much at Bonnaroo and have a great time and not even realize Phish played the festival. Somebody please Q this FT and back me up.

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I might cry during Yesterday, please don't look at me guys.

Me too, Dylz. I might turn around and give you a hug.

And the more I think about it, the more I realize it's Paul McCartney performing songs. What's not to like? I'm spoiled. Fuck it.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
If Paul just duplicated that same setlist, I would be ecstatic.
! ! !

luckyface
02-05-2009, 10:41 AM

No Hello Goodbye? Or Drive My Car? Let 'Em In fucking rules, too.

rage patton
Damn you Joshua...

Sorry. Im not even joking. I will probably be watching Ghostland Observatory during McCartney.

No Hello Goodbye? Or Drive My Car? Let 'Em In fucking rules, too.

Sorry. Not familiar with any of them.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah

And the more I think about it, the more I realize it's Paul McCartney performing songs. What's not to like? I'm spoiled. Fuck it.

I'll QFT this.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
Sorry. Im not even joking. I will probably be watching Ghostland Observatory during McCartney.

remind me to slap you.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 10:43 AM

Cool, we can have a nice, bromantic moment together ;)

feather
02-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Does the roo cater to the herbivores, like Coachella? I am going to be on a really tight budget but I want to make this work.... I figure I need money for rental, food, and water. I think that's about it.

Boourns
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Girl Talk will be closing the Sahara, I'm calling it.

Boourns
Does the roo cater to the herbivores, like Coachella? I am going to be on a really tight budget but I want to make this work.... I figure I need money for rental, food, and water. I think that's about it.

Do shrooms count?

amyzzz
I'm going to try to get as CLOSE AS I CAN for FF >> Moz >> McCartney (assuming they're all on the main stage).

Who's with me?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm going to try to get as CLOSE AS I CAN for FF >> Moz >> McCartney (assuming they're all on the main stage).

Who's with me?

I will bet money now it will go Cohen >> Moz >> Paul. Franz will close out the Outdoor before Paul takes the stage.

EDIT: I'll be there on the rail Amyz.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM

Who's with me?

"TO THE RAIL!!"

rage patton
02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
remind me to slap you.

Have you ever seen Ghostland live? They kill it.

Ghostland will close the Mojave. Calling it.

The Mojave on Friday night will go Genghis Tron->Crystal Castles->Ghostland Observatory. And I will be there for all 3.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I will bet money now it will go Cohen >> Moz >> Paul. Franz will close out the Outdoor before Paul takes the stage.

EDIT: I'll be there on the rail Amyz.
I understand how GV moves repeating bands to different stages n all, but that would be HEARTBREAKING for me. And Upcoming Shows has already revealed that FF is playing in Tucson and Phoenix the other nights of Coachella, so if THAT IS TRUE, I will COMPLETELY miss FF this tour. Don't make me come over there and slap you, Judgy McMarco. :nono

canexplain

even more so feather, remember you are talking hippys .... does grilled cheese count :) .. cr****

Boourns
Efff that. Crystal Castles need to play at 5pm so I can actually see them :(

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I'd kinda like to see Leonard Cohen though.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Efff that. Crystal Castles need to play at 5pm so I can actually see them :(

Sorry Boourns. Its happening.

feather
02-05-2009, 10:58 AM

:(

Do shrooms count?

MMmmm technically...

even more so feather, remember you are talking hippys .... does grilled cheese count :) .. cr****

No, but yes the hippies know how to graze in the grass so I shouldn't have to worry.

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Cool, we can have a nice, bromantic moment together ;)

:thu

Who's with me?

If it means that I won't miss The Black Keys then I'll be right there with you, zeezzizzzlezzzezlz.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Yay!

rage patton
02-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't think there is anyone on Friday, besides The Aggrolites, that would make me miss The Black Keys.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:04 AM
For the life of me I can't figure out why one band would keep you from going to a festival. You could do so much at Bonnaroo and have a great time and not even realize Phish played the festival. Somebody please Q this FT and back me up.

QFUCKINGT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (as they say.)

Sorry I was a bit late. But yeah.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Feath, if all else fails you can just nibble on Salah, he's really fruity.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
and cons (Killers vs a double dose of Phish, no epic dance tent acts, Fever Ray, Asobi Seksu, Deerhunter, any post-rock, Bat for Lashes, Panda Bear, Emmy the Great, Dave Chappelle, David Bowie handjobs, etc at either).

Hahahahahahaha. You said it.

But seriously, the lack of Deerhunter, and though I hate calling it this, "post-rock," is sort of a disappointment on the festival front this year. I'm hoping this is going to change soon enough... especially with the former now having their Langerado appearance cancelled.

feather
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Feath, if all else fails you can just nibble on Salah, he's really fruity.

I hope he tastes like a mango.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
I put a Coachella conflict thread in the lineup section. I'm pretty sure we did that last year, and GV paid attention. (or maybe Dani posted that thread last year)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I understand how GV moves repeating bands to different stages n all, but that would be HEARTBREAKING for me. And Upcoming Shows has already revealed that FF is playing in Tucson and Phoenix the other nights of Coachella, so if THAT IS TRUE, I will COMPLETELY miss FF this tour. Don't make me come over there and slap you, Judgy McMarco. :nono

Amyz, this will be the only time you will ever get a chance to see Leonard Cohen...it will be worth the conflict...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Have you ever seen Ghostland live? They kill it.

Ghostland will close the Mojave. Calling it.

The Mojave on Friday night will go Genghis Tron->Crystal Castles->Ghostland Observatory. And I will be there for all 3.

I would love to see Ghostland...but not if it means missing my only chance to see Paul Fucking McCartney play Hey Jude, Golden Slumbers, Penny Lane, Yesterday, etc.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Ugh, you freaked me into making a newbie duplicate thread. argh.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Ugh, you freaked me into making a newbie duplicate thread. argh.

:nono

Boourns
02-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry Boourns. Its happening.

No, it's not :nono

And someone I want to see will be playing right before so I can be in the front row.

Blinken
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Am i the only one that can't stand Leonard Cohen? I tried to listen to some of his stuff on you tube, and I really hated it. I am downloading some more of his stuff right now, but I don't have high hopes.

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Am i the only one that can't stand Leonard Cohen? I tried to listen to some of his stuff on you tube, and I really hated it. I am downloading some more of his stuff right now, but I don't have high hopes.

The stuff I've listened to up until now has been "meh" to me. I downloaded a couple of his albums so I'll give those a whirl soon. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, Blinks.

hawkingvsreeve
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Leonard isn't on my poster.

OutOfmYminD
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Crystal Castles live =/

summerkid
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM

its not that, its just that for me to go to the roo its just way more expensive than Coachella for me to fly out there I'd really have to like the majority of the headliners. Phish is a HUUUUGe negative, I've seen how fans of a certain group can over run a festival and hurt the vibe. My friend and I promised each other that if the Cure headlined (figuring they'd play forever at the Roo) we'd finally make the treck out there. There's plenty to like about the roo and its lineup, its just not the one that's going to get me to fly out there.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Is The Cure depressing to anyone else?

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Depressing in a good way or in a bad way? :)

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Depressing in a good way or in a bad way? :)

Good if I was a girl watching late night reruns of sex in the city eating ice cream.

Bad if I was a guy at a festival.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I think of it more as intense and mysterious than depressing.

Blinken
02-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Good if I was a girl watching late night reruns of sex in the city eating ice cream.

Once again I am with you 100% D.

SoulDischarge
02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
How many people per hour am I going to want to stab in the back of the head at this thing?

TommyboyUNM
02-05-2009, 02:20 PM

I guess they can be, but I never thought it was glaring. I think a lot of their music is pretty upbeat and fun. They're mostly pop records at their core. I think Nirvana is more depressing than The Cure.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
hey tim (backwater) did you still want both of The Dead shoreline tics or just one ... there are people on KFOG i can sell them too ... doesnt matter to me either way because i would never sell them for more then face ... cr****

I told feather about it and she seemed mildly curious but I don't know if she'll drive all the way up to SF with me to see some hippie music. I definitely want the one ticket though. I'll let you know in a week or so. Thanks again, Ron.

If the Disco Biscuits get added, I'm going to do so many drugs. Not that I wasn't going to anyway, but if they play ... you guys might not want to see me that night. Them and Ump at late night 06 ... good god was I fucked up

Funny how ageist hipsters hate on McCartney but Springsteen gets a free pass

Yep, Springsteen is fine but Fuck McCartney!!! Excuse me while I go listen to Animal Collective and drink PBR, it's going to be epic.

dudezer47
02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
its not that, its just that for me to go to the roo its just way more expensive than Coachella for me to fly out there I'd really have to like the majority of the headliners. Phish is a HUUUUGe negative, I've seen how fans of a certain group can over run a festival and hurt the vibe. My friend and I promised each other that if the Cure headlined (figuring they'd play forever at the Roo) we'd finally make the treck out there. There's plenty to like about the roo and its lineup, its just not the one that's going to get me to fly out there.

I don't know what's more amusing, the idea of headliners being the determining factor in attending Roo (the correct answer is 'late night') or a Cure fan worrying that Phish fans will ruin his festival vibe...

feather
02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I told feather about it and she seemed mildly curious but I don't know if she'll drive all the way up to SF with me to see some hippie music.

I don't mind hippie music at all, but sadly if I am going to this thing, I have to cut off all of the shows I wanted to see, just so I can afford the roo. I will squeeze in probably two raves, but even that will be hard. :(

Backwater
02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
It's all good, as long as you can make it to bonnaroo. Do whatever it takes. I honestly can't think of anyone I know in LA or SF that would want to see the grateful dead. I'll try to ask around and do some convincing because I know it would be more convenient for you, Ron, to just sell both to me. Nobody has the money for it because of this economy but I'll see what I can do. I'll let you know Ronnie.

paulb
02-05-2009, 03:04 PM
you guys all dissapoint me.

hegemon
02-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm beginning to hate this thread.

The Cure deserves some fucking respect from all of you!

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Rage-on Rondo!

Blinken
02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Is the dead show on a Saturday? Nevermind I just looked it up.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
You want to go Eric?

Why do we disappoint you Paul? I got rid of that sig. Do you want me to put it back up? 40 year old Jews jumping around like douchebags, hahaha

paulb
02-05-2009, 03:30 PM
why you being a fuckin cunt about it? just say you dont wanna see them, and leave it at that...

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Simmer down ladies...

Blinken
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
You want to go Eric?

Why do we disappoint you Paul? I got rid of that sig. Do you want me to put it back up? 40 year old Jews jumping around like douchebags, hahaha

I was thinking about it, then I saw it is on a sunday. There is no way i can swing that with work. I am already maxing out vacation time for Coachella and Bonnaroo.

apostle2
02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
just watched my 2008 DVD. It's pretty good, but I would still suggest the 2004 edition to anyone who really wants to see what the fest is like

Backwater
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I just got a text message from one of my best friends in the world, so I called him back, Zack is coming to bonnaroo with us! I'm so excited now. You guys are all going to love him. With him, Riley, my brother and all of you guys there, this is shaping up to be the best weekend of my life .... and no, I'm not rolling right now.

paulb
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
how is Metallica - Fade To Black?

Backwater
02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm pumped for Galactic. It's been too long since I've seen them. They're always good.

The first one is more mellow, with vocals. The second one just rocks, hard.
Af_osp0TMMQ&feature=related

dxOUPWnv1ko&feature=related

LooseAtTheZoo
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
just watched my 2008 DVD. It's pretty good, but I would still suggest the 2004 edition to anyone who really wants to see what the fest is like

Any suggestions on where to find the 04 DVD?

faxman75
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
wtf is going on in here?

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
beats me.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 04:27 PM
wtf is going on in here?

I'm trying to get people to watch Galactic with me at the moment. Check out those videos.

faxman75
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I liked the first one better, it was more interesting to watch. They don't seem like my cup of tea though.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Well I love funk and their drummer is awesome. If there's nobody else you really want to see at the time, you should check them out. Unfortunately though, they usually play late night. That late night conflict in 07 on saturday killed me. Galactic / Flips / Gov't Mule / Sasha and Digweed all at the same time.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Wrong. The Cure were great at Sasquatch last year. They played music spanning their entire catalogue and there were songs that made everybody in the crowd dance.

People have incredible misconceptions about The Cure.

paulb
02-05-2009, 04:44 PM
The Cure are gonna be fuckin excellent at Coachella, I only wish they were playing Bonnaroo so they could do a 3h+ set.

faxman75
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I hear that Sasquatch show wasn't a great one from that tour either because Smith was just getting over being sick and stuff. I enjoyed it for about 90 minutes.

3 hours is just way too fucking much for me. I heard the tunes I wanted to hear and went back to the campground. I decision I was happy with....unlike that one time at a certain Coachella when a certain pyramid came to the desert.

faxman75
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
The Cure are gonna be fuckin excellent at Coachella, I only wish they were playing Bonnaroo so they could do a 3h+ set.

paulb
02-05-2009, 04:49 PM

just because you dont wanna watch 3h of it, doesnt make it a bad idea. Watch until you're pleased...just like I will with Wilco.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I left The Curiosa tour show after 2 encores, and we heard later they did 2 more encores after we left. They like to play for a long time.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Im guessing at Coachella they will be scheduled 2-2.5 hours. My bet is now matter how much time they have scheduled, they will play 2 hours 45 minutes. In 2004 didn't they play until 1am?

Backwater
02-05-2009, 05:03 PM

QFT

Listen to Disintegration, Dylan. Stan from South Park said it was the best album ever. Come on man. Catch up.

mattpach
02-05-2009, 05:09 PM
QFT

Listen to Disintegration, Dylan. Stan from South Park said it was the best album ever. Come on man. Catch up.

Stan is correct.

Then Head on the Door and I can't decide if I like Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me or Wish better.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Sell some kidneys, Matt! :)

Pornography is also a great album. That was when they were in full on despair mode. I really like their first album too.

mattpach
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I have to make sure I have two kidneys because for some reason my family has a history of being born with one kidney. So genetics might prevent me. lol

Backwater
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Well then sell some CD's. You need to go to bonnaroo buddy.

paulb
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM
MATT! BONNAROO!!!!!!!!!!! Eff school.

mattpach
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Haha I know I'm working on it. I will know if school will interfere by like Wednesday. Money is another issue but I might be able to talk my grandparents into paying for it.

paulb
02-05-2009, 05:19 PM
lol, wow...bastard.

faxman75
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Im guessing at Coachella they will be scheduled 2-2.5 hours. My bet is now matter how much time they have scheduled, they will play 2 hours 45 minutes. In 2004 didn't they play until 1am?

Hmmm I could swear no one played past 12:45 until Prince last year went to 1:05.

Paul doesn't like to pay that fine but will when necessary.

Backwater
02-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Matt, you should make your grandparents a bonnaroo mix with songs from Merle Haggard, Al Green, etc, you know, old people music that's at roo this year.

Speaking of which, Amy how did you like the Tool and Metallica songs on the mix that Tommy made for you? Haha, me and Dylan were laughing about that.

mattpach
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
My grandpa owes me a Christmas gift so I can tell him and hope he goes for it.

He's was a hippie so he might give me the money.

Also he's a fan of the Boss so yeah I think this might actually work.

paulb
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
good luck Matt....my dad owes me a xmas gift, im gonna try and go for a 1TB external HD.

mattpach
02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
good luck Matt....my dad owes me a xmas gift, im gonna try and go for a 1TB external HD.

Good luck to you also.

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I honestly don't know why people have to bass the other festival. Seriously, it is beyond childish. I LIKE both line ups. Plain and simple but I like Coachella's more because it has acts that I have been begging for for years...does that make it "better" then roo? no, not at all. Both festivals are in competition with each other and that is fine, because it makes them both better. Both festivals have grown and have only gotten better since their start. That is a good thing! Both have pros and cons and both have faults. But both augment each other. Roo went more diverse but of Coachella and Coachella started lauching the fire power to compete with the scope and size of roo (Waters, Prince and McCartney are proof of that). Yeah, I actually agree with you Tommy. I was actually a little disappointed when I saw the Cure was a headliner (mostly because I saw them pull an amazing 3 hour set at Red Rocks last year and they toured the shit out of last year)...but to me, the headliner for Sunday will be My Bloody Valentine, which is why I overlooked that (Also, like Frank said, I had a feeling that they did it as a favor because one or 2 headliners decided not to do it). I honestly, don't mind the Killers, I have been listening to them a lot more lately and reading how their shows have been and I am actually looking forward to maybe seeing them (if they don't conflict with anyone else). Are they a step down from Prince and Portishead? Absolutely. But Paul McCartney is a HUGE step up from Jack Johnson so fair square there. And Saturday still have PLENTLY of room for more additions (headliners or not). So I am still holding out judgement on Coachella until we get the set times. In the end I hope both festivals just kill. Honestly, with the economy being the way it is, it would be a HUGE loss to live music and festivals in general if one of them failed. I am just done with seeing all the Coachella >>>>> Roo, Roo >>>>>> Coachella threads. And if I see anymore of them, I will make 4 hippies and 4 hipsters disappear. True Story.

Did anybody read this? I sure as Hell didnt!

I really dont like the DVD. BARELY worth the $10

Stan is correct.

Then Head on the Door and I can't decide if I like Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me or Wish better.

Disintegration really isnt my favorite. Its got so many great songs, but as a whole it gets a little boring near the end. Im still working on it though. The Head on the Door has been my favorite cure album for years now.

summerkid
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
whose getting the late night sets? wilco? I kinda assumed Phish was getting one of them. Which doesn't interest me.

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Yeah expect Phish to have one. Right now its allll speculation and personally, I dont see wilco doing a late-night set. Closing out Sunday on the which stage sounds very very possible.

Blinken
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Salah what cure albums should i download?

faxman75
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Disintegration. Oh sorry, i'm not Salah. ;)

faxman75
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking late night sets will be Phish and NIN.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Galactic, TMV, Oakenjoke

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Salah what cure albums should i download?

Dont start with Disintegration. Please listen to me, download "The Head on the Door" and tell me what you think

Blinken
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Fax. I got my new Hard Drive and have lots and lots on downloading to do :)

Will do Salah. I will download both of them when I get home, but listen to "The Head on the Door" first

faxman75
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
I am close to pulling the trigger on a 1tb too. I have about 600GB out of 570 currently being used and I almost went ot Frys electronics after work but i'm still looking for deals on line. Mostly newegg has the best options.

Blinken
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Newegg has some great deals on them right now.

summerkid
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
salah screw hasn't been played since 1986. I don't think you go wrong with head on, kiss me, or disintegration.

sbessiso
02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I believe it summerkid, its not my FAVORITE song but its soo catchy and the "doodoo doo" Robert Smith does at the end is really funny. I love the guitar in that song too.

Love Song is going to destroy me. So will In between Days, and ohh man anything they play from THOTD

Sushov23
02-05-2009, 06:14 PM

what this tells me is you need to listen to more Beatles/Paul M material. Very dissapointed in you man. EVERY single person should be at Paul M set out of respect. I hope there is NOTHING else going while Paul M is playing.The guy represents rock n roll music for the simple fact he is a beatle. Same goes for Ringo, I don't give a fuck what people say.

faxman75
02-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Respect? Srsly?

LooseAtTheZoo
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
The Beatles are so famous that people are famous just for peripherally knowing them (C.K.)

But I think this same "respect" argument can be used for many artists who we all feel passionately about.

hegemon
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
YES

I'm with Sushy 100% on that one.

KEEP THE LOVE & RESPECT TO PAUL M. & THE CURE! :pulse I'm loving the love in last few posts.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm not even trying to get into the Cure. I have absolutely zero interest.

hegemon
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Who cares? *No one :)*

paulb
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
ok...its been too long since somebody has posted....what else is going on? So, i heard Bon Iver...Portugal. The Man, Mars Volta....who next should I check out?

Sushov23
02-05-2009, 09:08 PM
ok...its been too long since somebody has posted....what else is going on? So, i heard Bon Iver...Portugal. The Man, Mars Volta....who next should I check out?

What did you think of Portugal the Man? Hey Paul I think you might enjoy Brett Dennen. you may know of him already though.

paulb
02-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Portugal The Man were fine, i need to give them a few more listens...bon iver were really good, and the 2 Mars Volta cds i heard were excellent... Brett Dennen....is he mellow stuff or what? which cd should i get?

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
the 2 Mars Volta cds i heard were excellent...

:thu :thu :thu :thu :thu :thu

YES!!

Sushov23
02-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Portugal The Man were fine, i need to give them a few more listens...bon iver were really good, and the 2 Mars Volta cds i heard were excellent... Brett Dennen....is he mellow stuff or what? which cd should i get?

His most recent one, it's called Hope for the hopeless. And yeah it is mellow stuff, I recommend it because I know you like Matt Costa, Matt Nathanson and all that. He is along their lines.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
So, anyone know when the comedians will be anounced? I really hope Zach Galifianakis is there. I know he was there last year... but seriously. I love that guy. Demetri Matrin would be great too.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 10:06 PM
So, anyone know when the comedians will be anounced? I really hope Zach Galifianakis is there. I know he was there last year... but seriously. I love that guy. Demetri Matrin would be great too.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto! I was just talking to my mom about this an hour ago as we were watching Back in Black on the Daily Show. It's seriously horrible. I have no idea what's up. It's almost as if they've abolished the comedy tent altogether. I'm on the edge of my fucking seat over it now. Double-you tee eff.

And that's really funny you say that, because... Lewis Black + the return of Galifianakis + Demetri Martin is all I need more at this Roo. And then we have a weekend just as good-if-not-better than last year.

Music additions? Pshhh.

rage patton
02-05-2009, 10:12 PM
My bet is ~20 comedians will be added. Roughly ~10 notably bands will be added. Then probably ~15-20 acts that will play the "something else" stages and the like.

I don't really know Lewis Black. I will have to look into him. What has he done? Also, I think Paul suggested it earlier... Robbin Williams on the mainstage before the Beastie Boys.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't really know Lewis Black. I will have to look into him. What has he done?

Well some people don't really like him. He has more of a different style of comedy I'd say. He's just a big angry Jewish guy who never shuts the fuck up, basically. He doesn't really write material, he just talks about current events up on stage, and thus every set is different. And for that, besides him being my favorite comedian, I've always wanted to see him live. But if you youtube his name, just click on anything and it will give you a pretty good idea of what he's like...

rage patton
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
4mCDZMWVWuc

This made me laugh. Seriously, this was great. I would love him to be at Bonnaroo.

"And when I landed... I had diabetes."

But really... THIS would make my Bonnaroo.

QoCRmfJP9kU

"Which is great... because I used to have to hold things while I slept."

Sushov23
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Lewis Black is fucking hysterical.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Well I'm stoked that you guys like him! Some of my friends just find him really boring. But that's probably because of all the political humor, I'm the only one of my friends who enjoys political jokes.

There's something about him that's sort of 21st-century-Mark-Twain-on-drugs to me.

apostle2
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM
pretty much all of the comedy will come in one of the first announcements, the first or second. they may add one or two acts later, but the great majority will be in the first batch, easily within the next month. My guess is 15 or so comedy acts, 15 acts we (potentially) have heard of, 20 "cafe" acts, and 5 or so jazz acts. If I were to guess over or under on these though, I would go with over...

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I just looked it up, according to Spin Magazine's reporting, they are officially announcing the comedy acts with the next announcement, whenever that may be. So I totally had a sigh of relief just then... I was sort of uncomfortable with that.

Also, in case anyone cares, The Mars Volta is in fact set to play Saturday sometime... which is supposed to be the night NIN plays. So either they're not playing late night, or the two will conflict with each other, OR, we're incorrect and they're playing different days. I'm really really hoping for the latter because I'm pretty excited to experience NIN live, and it would be lame just catching the tail of end of it or whatever...

Regardless, they really need to get the "Who's Playing Which Day" thread up on inforoo. If I had an account there, I would totally take the iniative to start it. But I don't. So I think I'll have to do the research myself for now.

apostle2
02-05-2009, 11:22 PM
http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=16369

been up since the day the lineup was announced haha

Blinken
02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Lewis Black is fucking great I would be very happy with him there. I still want Katt Williams though.

93jQI_6G5Cw

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=16369

been up since the day the lineup was announced haha

Whaaaaa? It was a sticky?!! Geesh I just grazed over it hahahaha... epic fail.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Alright, so the Animals are playing Friday... that's interesting considering I figured them for Thursday night. Also, Wilco playing Saturday instantly nixes the closing the Which Stage on Sunday idea. And NIN is indeed playing Saturday, it seems.

But I'm just glad the two bands I have to see most are playing different days. Let's hope that it holds true.

And the Thursday lineup is looking great. I think I'll be camped out in front for where ever Grizzly Bear's playing. I hope Neko Case plays the same tent, I'd assume that she would. And hopefully there isn't any great comedy that will tear me away, but there very well might.

apostle2
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm worried about Bruce/NIN/Wilco now. I am 75% sure bruce is playing on sunday, even though some people keep contending it's fact he's playing on saturday. on the off chance that happens though, it could be brutal for me.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 11:33 PM
If his voice wasn't so recognizable I'd think this was an 09 indie band not a song from the 70s. It still isn't my style really at all, but I do see it fitting in very well with the Chella crowd....

They/he do sound good!
n547VhR1aRY&NR=1

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
I am 75% sure bruce is playing on sunday, even though some people keep contending it's fact he's playing on saturday.

Woah... really?? I thought we've confirmed that Phish is closing the thing a long time ago? What makes you say that?

apostle2
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
there is zero proof phish is closing the festival. and it is highly unlikely, due to set up and travel issues, that Phish would split sets. It just doesn't make any sense for them or Bonnaroo. I'd bet dollars that it will be:
Fri - Beasties > Phish
Sat - Phish > NIN
Sun - Byrne > Bruce

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
But what about Oysterhead? That ruins my fantasy apostle, altho I do like that line up.

pancakespancakes
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
there is zero proof phish is closing the festival. and it is highly unlikely, due to set up and travel issues, that Phish would split sets. It just doesn't make any sense for them or Bonnaroo. I'd bet dollars that it will be:
Fri - Beasties > Phish
Sat - Phish > NIN
Sun - Byrne > Bruce

Yeah, I think I've taken into the rumors so much that I've mixed them up with the facts altogether.

I do like that schedule though. But I think I'd prefer Phish closing the thing, they just seem more appropriate to end with. Also, though, if it's worth anything, Bruce is billed first on the lineup... and that would make him the first ever #1 headlining act to close the festival on Sunday since 2005. I think that's why I'm most inclined to believe he's playing Saturday night actually...

apostle2
02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
2005 is actually the best line up to compare to this one schedule-wise because of the headliner double duty. that one is listed as DMB - Widespread Panic, and went DMB/WP/WP. actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that Bruce/Phish/Phish is possible...

pancakespancakes
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
2005 is actually the best line up to compare to this one schedule-wise because of the headliner double duty. that one is listed as DMB - Widespread Panic, and went DMB/WP/WP. actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that Bruce/Phish/Phish is possible...

Ah, I thought that WSP was billed first. Screw wikipedia.

So do you not think Phish is doing a late night at all? It sort of seems like their style to do so...

apostle2
02-06-2009, 01:05 AM
no, they're definitely doing a late night, I just think they're doing two days in a row. and that will make set up extremely easy. the big problem with the kanye fiasco last year was that it takes a lot of time for What Stage set up, and they had problems breaking down Pearl Jam's set. The headliner set ups get played in front of all day. if Phish plays late night friday and headlines saturday, they only need to set up phish's huge set up once. if they split it friday/sunday, they have to make a headliner's set, break it, set up phish's set, break that, set up bruce's, break that, set up phish's, break that. it just doesn't make sense.

sorry if these are coming off douchey, not meant that way...haha. I am just posting on breaks at work

pancakespancakes
02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
if Phish plays late night friday and headlines saturday, they only need to set up phish's huge set up once. if they split it friday/sunday, they have to make a headliner's set, break it, set up phish's set, break that, set up bruce's, break that, set up phish's, break that. it just doesn't make sense.

No no no, your theory makes a lot of sense now, I had actually completely forgotten about this crazy light show extravaganza that's supposed to go along with their amazing set. You've definitely sold me. They can't possibly have another headliner in between their two sets... so in that case, I'm thinking NIN might not actually do a late night after all? Or, Phish do not actually close the festival after all, and Bruce does. Hmmm... probably the latter...

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2009, 01:35 AM
IF Phish were to do a late nite set, wouldn't it be on the What (main) Stage regardless?

apostle2
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
IF Phish were to do a late nite set, wouldn't it be on the What (main) Stage regardless?

yes

pancakespancakes
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM

Yeah... but NIN would have to as well because there's no way they can fit on the Which either... and seeing as NIN is already confirmed for Saturday, they're either playing late night or not, we don't know. But if Phish is closing out the festival Sunday like everyone thinks, and apostle's theory is right, that means that Phish is the one doing late night on the What stage Saturday night.

But then how could NIN not be a late night set?! That'd be LAME!

And of course NIN --> The Boss = most awkward thing ever

apostle2
02-06-2009, 01:44 AM
yeah, which is why it will be exactly what I said at the top of this page ;)

Backwater
02-06-2009, 03:11 AM
I still want Katt Williams though.

He seems like a shoe in. Then again, so did Dave Chapelle for a while, and he still never made it to roo, well as a performer at least. Have most people forgotten about him out here or what? He's from and still lives in a small town north of cincy called Yellow Springs, so he's a really big deal to most of my friends. Rick James bitch! got old real fast, and his comedy central show is done so I guess he's kinda fading away. We miss you Dave.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 04:22 AM
I want, need, and DEMAND Demetri Martin's return. He was outrageously hilarious in 2007. I mean seriously funny stuff. And adorable too!

Backwater
02-06-2009, 04:39 AM
I want, need, and DEMAND Demetri Martin's return. He was outrageously hilarious in 2007. I mean seriously funny stuff. And adorable too! I love Dave Chapelle and Salah .....
me, Mikey, Salah and Mark in a gay orgy tent ???? That sounds legit!!

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 04:52 AM
:winkiss

Who doesnt love Chapelle? That would be the biggest surprise of them all but im not counting on it.

Saturday night, Tim. Mark and I are gunna be way hot after the killers and looking for some sort of way to "relieve" ourselves

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 04:56 AM
If his voice wasn't so recognizable I'd think this was an 09 indie band not a song from the 70s. It still isn't my style really at all, but I do see it fitting in very well with the Chella crowd....

They/he do sound good!
n547VhR1aRY&NR=1

Dlo! I love you. What a great video. Robert Smith is a Beautiful man, and this song isnt played until Encore #6 or something. By then all my makeup will be smeared and runny

Backwater
02-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Saturday night, Tim. Mark and I are gunna be way hot after the killers and looking for some sort of way to "relieve" ourselves

You can relieve yourselves all over my face with your PLUR juice if you want Salah, I'm going to be up there with you guys for that crackhead, Amy Winehouse. Mark, we're getting wasted with Casey tonight !!!!!! !!!, ... I love you guys

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Are you gunna watch the killers with us?????? I may have to grab your ass a little, just a little though

Backwater
02-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Salah, I'm going to be right there with you and Mark for Amy Winehouse and the Killers. I'm offended by that "just a little" comment though. You're going to be grabbing my ass the whole time and you know it. This is bromance at it's finest.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 05:36 AM
:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:p ulse:pulse:pulse:pulse

70 Days!

Amy Crackhouse is gunna be interesting. Especially since we're gunna be rolling BALLZ in prep for the killers

Backwater
02-06-2009, 05:42 AM
I love Amy, and not just because I can relate to her. She likes white stuff getting all jippy up in her brain for a minute, and so do I, but that's not it. triple six.... bonnaroo, late add? Nah, but I love you Salah, the asses will be grabed.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Me too, I can sorta relate but not the crack. Fuck, if someone tried to send ME to rehab I'd shank a bitch. Speaking of white in your brain, I hope to enjoy some of this during the killers. Hump de BUMP, know what I mean? I love you too Tim, and I have to say I have ZERO interest in catching the triple six at Roo.

I love it when you post all unsoberly

Backwater
02-06-2009, 05:57 AM
I really love Salah! I haven't met him yet but but I really love him.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 06:45 AM
I'm blushing, baggwodda!! I really cant wait to get my ass out there. We're gunna get into heaps of trouble.

rage patton
02-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Also, in case anyone cares, The Mars Volta is in fact set to play Saturday sometime... which is supposed to be the night NIN plays. So either they're not playing late night, or the two will conflict with each other, OR, we're incorrect and they're playing different days. I'm really really hoping for the latter because I'm pretty excited to experience NIN live, and it would be lame just catching the tail of end of it or whatever...

What the fuck? Mars Volta Saturday? According to who?!?!?!?!?!?

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Speaking of Volta, I was just on the phone with my best friend and she FINALLY looked at the lineup for herself (I just assumed she did). She saw mars volta and flipped the fuck out and is ready to get her ticket. I'm beyond thrilled that shes excited for Bonnaroo now, I just had no idea she liked mars volta that much. Blech!

Sorry Rage! I :pulse you too

Backwater
02-06-2009, 06:55 AM
I got Bobby by the Pound, Whiteny by the key, DJ Toomp by the gallon, bitch that game belong to me ...

the south knows it, period, fuck these douchfags

Backwater
02-06-2009, 06:56 AM
And Pimp C ... RIP

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Teeyum is fuuuuuucked up right now

Backwater
02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Salah, me, you and Mark ... penetration will be involved for sure, just sayin ....

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 07:08 AM
But then how could NIN not be a late night set?! That'd be LAME!

I don't think it's gonna be a Lights in the Sky setup, so a late-night set isn't necessary.

And Teeyum, you are my boy.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Salah, me, you and Mark ... penetration will be involved for sure, just sayin ....

aaaaaaaaaaand saved

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Salah, will you PM me what Tim said before editing? Thank you. :)

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. All I saw was this final product. My mind wanders...

ToddThaGod
02-06-2009, 07:20 AM

well put

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Did he pass out?

ToddThaGod
02-06-2009, 07:23 AM
sorry for the late posts, i've been sort of busy these past few days. so no one knows for sure whos doing the late nights yet right???

i really dont want NIN to conflict with anybody..i cannot miss them. i've never seen them. coming from someone who has seen them a few times, what should I expect?

i know they arent going to be doing the big lightshow for them, but can we expect something special like 3D ?

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Wow, that was by FAR the gayest exchange I've seen on this board EVER! I guess Teeyum turns to BagwodderBI around 7am after a night of drinking, thank god I didn't stay up that late while he was here :winkiss Sabeezy is expecting some lovin' at this point Timmy you better put out for his ass!

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2009, 07:26 AM
sorry for the late posts, i've been sort of busy these past few days. so no one knows for sure whos doing the late nights yet right???

i really dont want NIN to conflict with anybody..i cannot miss them. i've never seen them. coming from someone who has seen them a few times, what should I expect?

i know they arent going to be doing the big lightshow for them, but can we expect something special like 3D ?

Expect intensity, dope beats with a disgustingly raw edge and of course face melting.

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Yup, what Dylan said. And if you wanna see the show in 3D you should take some drugzzz.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Wow, that was by FAR the gayest exchange I've seen on this board EVER! I guess Teeyum turns to BagwodderBI around 7am after a night of drinking, thank god I didn't stay up that late while he was here :winkiss Sabeezy is expecting some lovin' at this point Timmy you better put out for his ass!

It all started with an innocent little comment about Demetri Martin...

Backwater
02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Salah, idk about the killers, but I'll be honest, we'll all be getting down to Bun B and DJ Paul, ... whats up Mikey ?!?!?!?!!?!

wow, the homosexuality is running rampant in this thread ...

bobby by the brown, whitney by the key

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Jesus, what the FUCK is Tim talking about??

BiPolar? You JUST said you were gunna watch the killers!

Backwater
02-06-2009, 07:36 AM
xwMyLXtThsc

Calm down now Salah, I never make any sense. You'll learn that.
Really? Embedding disabled by request ?!?!!?!?! I give up

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm a little scared of you to be honest

Backwater
02-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Every corner that I left ... I left it screwed up and chopped, MY SON,

Wow, I give up, Salah, don't be scared.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:41 AM
:eek:!!!

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Every corner that I left ... I left it screwed up and chopped, MY SON,

This was AWESOME!

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 07:57 AM
http://www.looptvandfilm.com/blog/rickchapelle.jpg

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Every corner that I left ... I left it screwed up and chopped, MY SON

This was AWESOME!

I won't front, I thought that was AWESOME too!

paulb
02-06-2009, 09:27 AM
wow...i dont know what to say....Tim?

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Tim provided maybe the most glorious string of posts this thread has ever seen. Cheers to you, sir.

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm happy to have been the recipient of those posts

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
*tips hat* to Bagwodder Teeyum :thu

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Salah, those sigs are priceless!

Blinken
02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Wow you guys had an interesting morning

HEADSTRUCK
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
What the hell is going on in here? Tim must not have went to bed.

mattpach
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Hahaha

This thread made my morning.

feather
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Tim needs to lay off the moonshine.

I am about to deposit $400 into my checking account. It may be official by tonight.

TommyboyUNM
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Tim needs to lay off the moonshine.

I am about to deposit $400 into my checking account. It may be official by tonight.

Text me or something when you get your ticket tomorrow. That's exciting :)