PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

dudezer47
01-19-2009, 08:52 PM
For the curious,

There's a guy over on the Inforoo boards who goes by edgecrusher who laid out this tidbit:

"I'll throw one out there for you guys since I know someone who is directly involved in the bookings for AC. I know a great many things now after hanging out in Knoxville this weekend. This isn't news to anyone, but Phish and Springsteen are definitely confirmed. Springsteen headlines Friday night followed by a late night set from 12-4 with Phish. Phish returns Sunday night to close out the festival. This leaves the Saturday night headlining slot still open....I know who it is, but I'm not giving that away at this point. They're pretty funky though. I'll give you a clue to a non-headlining band they are trying really hard to get...ain't no place to hide when judgment comes for you."

Some people jumped on whether or not he meant they are or their, Prince's name was thrown out (along with RHCP) and then he came back with this to clarify a bit:

"As much I would like to give it away, I would further jeopardize my friend's career and I can't do that. I only said what I did because so many people on this board were right about their speculations. Not enough people have even come close to guessing the Saturday night headliner. When I said "they're," that was meant as "they are," as in more than one person. It was not a misuse of grammar."

Finally someone asked him if was Daft Punk and he responded with this:

"Nope, sadly it is not them. Hopefully in another year or two. They are very selective about playing festivals. From what I hear they actually demand a pretty good amount of money for there performances. Honestly, after seeing Nine Inch Nails twice last year, I would say that is definitely the best light show I have ever seen and would prefer it over Daft Punk."

canexplain
01-19-2009, 08:58 PM
For the curious,

There's a guy over on the Inforoo boards who goes by edgecrusher who laid out this tidbit:

"I'll throw one out there for you guys since I know someone who is directly involved in the bookings for AC. I know a great many things now after hanging out in Knoxville this weekend. This isn't news to anyone, but Phish and Springsteen are definitely confirmed. Springsteen headlines Friday night followed by a late night set from 12-4 with Phish. Phish returns Sunday night to close out the festival. This leaves the Saturday night headlining slot still open....I know who it is, but I'm not giving that away at this point. They're pretty funky though. I'll give you a clue to a non-headlining band they are trying really hard to get...ain't no place to hide when judgment comes for you."

Some people jumped on whether or not he meant they are or their, Prince's name was thrown out (along with RHCP) and then he came back with this to clarify a bit:

"As much I would like to give it away, I would further jeopardize my friend's career and I can't do that. I only said what I did because so many people on this board were right about their speculations. Not enough people have even come close to guessing the Saturday night headliner. When I said "they're," that was meant as "they are," as in more than one person. It was not a misuse of grammar."

"Nope, sadly it is not them. Hopefully in another year or two. They are very selective about playing festivals. From what I hear they actually demand a pretty good amount of money for there performances. Honestly, after seeing Nine Inch Nails twice last year, I would say that is definitely the best light show I have ever seen and would prefer it over Daft Punk."

thats also puts more validity to the rumor of Phish will play 12-4 am and then do the 3-d thing on sunday ... yikes its all guess work at this point though ... cr****

JSam67
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Hey BonnaCrew! There's always way too much info to comment on all of it, but... I don't mind the new coloUrs, I'm excited about the possibility of a lineup soon (when are we expecting it now?), and I really can't wait to party with you guys at both fests this year (and Lolla too, when I convince y'all... and you're going to want to go this year, that sponsored fest is gonna be the one with the $ to get great headliners).

Also, Salah, I listened to Hot Fuss again today and I still love it so fucking much. And you know I don't hate Sam's Town, I like it. Just not as much. I'll see The Killers with you and Mark, probably, but glitter is optional.

pancakespancakes
01-19-2009, 09:01 PM
OoOoOoOoh interesting stuff... especially for the easily-convinced-by-strangers-on-the-internetz like myself haha... thanks dudezer! I do think this could be legit. It's saying a lot. But it could be a well-written hoax, who knows. There's nothing that gives him much legitimacy but the way he talks, he doesn't sound like much of a hoaxer.

I have NO idea who that Saturday headliner could be, though, I initially thought RHCP obviously... I'm now trying to think more along the lines of classic funk... but there's no one. Nobody that would headline between Bruce & Phish anyway. Daft was a good idea though, I need to think more outside the box like that. And it's also looking like The Dead aren't such a lock after all. Which would prove Backwater wrong though. Who knows. As long as I'm seeing them sometime this year...

pancakespancakes
01-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey BonnaCrew! There's always way too much info to comment on all of it, but... I don't mind the new coloUrs, I'm excited about the possibility of a lineup soon (when are we expecting it now?), and I really can't wait to party with you guys at both fests this year (and Lolla too, when I convince y'all... and you're going to want to go this year, that sponsored fest is gonna be the one with the $ to get great headliners).

Yes. I'm definitely going to be sad if I don't make it to Lolla for the third year in a row now. I'm sure they will get a great lineup like always. I guess it all comes down to the crazy scheduling, we'll see how that goes... and yeah, Roo lineup should be out Feb. 3rd, so I guess that's two weeks from tomorrow... still a long time coming, but I can wait, as long as I have a Coachella linuep to mull over in the meantime.

apostle2
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
For the curious,
I'll give you a clue to a non-headlining band they are trying really hard to get...ain't no place to hide when judgment comes for you."

Uhhhh...Bone Thugs?

JSam67
01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes. I'm definitely going to be sad if I don't make it to Lolla for the third year in a row now. I'm sure they will get a great lineup like always. I guess it all comes down to the crazy scheduling, we'll see how that goes... and yeah, Roo lineup should be out Feb. 3rd, so I guess that's two weeks from tomorrow... still a long time coming, but I can wait, as long as I have a Coachella linuep to mull over in the meantime.

Exactly, that Coachella lineup is actually going to do wonders for the Roo lineup for me, just since it will take my mind completely off of it and then bam, it will be Feb. 3rd.

And sweet, I've been to each Lolla since RHCP in 2006 (their Chella performance the following year was waaaay better). It's so different, but a blast every time. I'm guessing Outkast/White Stripes/Jane's Addiction this year.

rage patton
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
For the curious,

This is interesting info. Phish on Friday night and Sunday night? But not Saturday? I bet Trey does a solo thing Saturday. Or possibly an Oysterhead set with Les Claypool.

Also, no RHCP is good news.

apostle2
01-19-2009, 09:17 PM
::fingers crossed:: outkast or gorillaz, outkast or gorillaz...

JSam67
01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Damn this is getting me all excited for the Roo. Gorillaz would fucking floor me into another dimension.

pancakespancakes
01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh boy. Maybe it IS Outkast. In fact, that's the one that makes the most sense to me all of the sudden. Have they been talked about at all over on inforoo??

I really don't get why they're always talked about as a longshot with the likes of Bowie, The Smiths, and Talking Heads. That seems crazy to me for a very active band that is releasing multiple albums this year and is apparently about to kick up their activity level by 1,000. What makes them so impossible? I think I'm missing something...

apostle2
01-19-2009, 09:36 PM
that Andre 3000 refuses to play live anymore. But I personally think that's blown out of proportion, and with the right situation and capital for a proper set up they would do it

rage patton
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
I would die if Gorillaz were at Bonnaroo. If I wasnt planning on going to Bonnaroo... Gorillaz would bring me there.

summerkid
01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
gorillaz are not funky.

rage patton
01-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I think he used the term "funky" loosely... not literally.

summerkid
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
beastie boys brass monkey that funky monkey.

dudezer47
01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I think the two likeliest answers would be:
Beastie Boys
Herbie Hancock & the Headhunters

summerkid
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
herbie has been there before and did not headline.

dudezer47
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Dylan's been there before and didn't headline. Doesn't mean he wouldn't headline if he came back.

JSam67
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd be pretty meh about Beastie Boys (sorry Paul)... I'd rather see RHCP for a third time.

rage patton
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I think the Beastie Boys would make sense as the Saturday headliner. And I would much rather have them than RHCP.

JSam67
01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, I understand it could be a Brass Monkey reference (and BBoys make sense for a Sat headliner), but in no way are they funkier to listen to than Gorillaz (or RHCP, for that matter).

apostle2
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Dylan's been there before and didn't headline. Doesn't mean he wouldn't headline if he came back.

This argument is poor.

pancakespancakes
01-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't think it's Beastie Boys. They're not funky enough. They're also definitely not big enough to headline between Phish and Bruce. But then again, neither are the Chili's, and probably not Outkast either. So I think, if this guy speaks the truth, the Saturday headliner will be an unprecedently smaller headliner than the Friday and Sunday one.

rage patton
01-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't think it's Beastie Boys. They're not funky enough. They're also definitely not big enough to headline between Phish and Bruce. But then again, neither are the Chili's, and probably not Outkast either. So I think, if this guy speaks the truth, the Saturday headliner will be an unprecedently smaller headliner than the Friday and Sunday one.

Probably. They need their Coachella-esque headliner.

pancakespancakes
01-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I really think that this headliner will be more of a contemporary (as in 1990s +) kind of act, it's a bit too retro with Bruce and retro-sounding Phish in comparison with past lineups. Neither are very Coachella-esque. So I still think it could be the Chili's, but he already ruled that out. So, still holding out for Outkast. :)

apostle2
01-19-2009, 10:24 PM
RHCP are too big at this point to be the third name on a poster, it wouldn't happen unless they are getting Phish for practically free. I kind of assumed if Phish were playing a late night set, it would be after the smaller headliner, ie Not Bruce. That way the smaller headliner wouldn't look so bad.

Hey. What about Jay-Z?

pancakespancakes
01-19-2009, 10:42 PM
We already know it's not a solo act, it's a group or duo. Plus I wouldn't call Jay-Z funky, would you?

trancehiphop
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Guys that are funky for headlining saturday night huh..oh I hope it's not Justice. I'm hoping it's one of the bands that are re-uniting this year, like U2 or blur or even the cure. One group I have always liked that I would love to see live would be beastie boys though, has anyone here seen them live? Cause I am curious as to how they perform live, are they like most hiphop artists (just yelling in-coherent things into the mic with no regard if the audience can follow or not) or if they are good live performers.

JSam67
01-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Dare I say that I believe it could really be RATM?

Funky? Check.
Big enough to headline but okay w/being 3rd headliner after Bruce and Phish? Check.
Following the trend of Metallica and Tool (harder bands)? Check.

Hmm...

apostle2
01-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Plus I wouldn't call Jay-Z funky, would you?

Are we calling Beastie Boys funky? Then yes, I would call Jay-Z funky. Ever heard his unplugged disc?

Solo - good point

rage patton
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Rage would be FUCKING awesome. I would be stoked.

apostle2
01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Rage fans and Phish fans are like oil and water. Not saying it won't happen, but damn would there be a fight for tickets

JSam67
01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Rage fans and Phish fans are like oil and water. Not saying it won't happen, but damn would there be a fight for tickets

Hm, I'm not sure Rage fans are really that nuts now that there have been numerous opportunities to see them. Not behavior-wise, ticket-wise, I mean. I don't think Lolla sold out in a heartbeat, and that had Rage and Radiohead.

Those Phish fans are the ones that concern me...

Also, I don't have any desire to see Rage again, but I'd still take them a 3rd time over Beastie Boys.

canexplain
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Hm, I'm not sure Rage fans are really that nuts now that there have been numerous opportunities to see them. Not behavior-wise, ticket-wise, I mean. I don't think Lolla sold out in a heartbeat, and that had Rage and Radiohead.

Those Phish fans are the ones that concern me...

Also, I don't have any desire to see Rage again, but I'd still take them a 3rd time over Beastie Boys.

yea they are asking 3 or 4 times face for phish tics .... and those fans follow them everywhere ... i didnt buy early bird tics because i didnt know if i was going, but i am going to jump on them when they go on sale, meaning the roo....cr****

paulb
01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
RATM has nothing to do with funky....Bboys could be an option....their cd The Mix Up is VERY funky... and all their instrumental stuff... I hope its them...even if they arent headlining... im quite excited for Bonnaroo! Ill have to give Sams Town a download....

JSam67
01-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, Rage had nothing to with funk... Except being renegades of it!

paulb
01-19-2009, 11:44 PM
pff, cover song.

JSam67
01-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Feel the funk blast, paulb.

Feel it.

paulb
01-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh i felt it.... I love in the music video the shot of the beastie boys... Rhyme and Reason seriously would have been the greatest tour on the history of earth.

Sushov23
01-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Dare I say that I believe it could really be RATM?

Funky? Check.
Big enough to headline but okay w/being 3rd headliner after Bruce and Phish? Check.
Following the trend of Metallica and Tool (harder bands)? Check.

Hmm...

this is the best guess. No one on inforoo is really calling it. Also for me it would be RHCP>RATM>Bboys. Also pancakes the chili peppers aren't big enough? dude get off it already, they are easily one of the top 5 bands in the world now. They sell out every single show they play in the WORLD. They could easily headline the roo, not too mention they love to "jam" live, and it's a jam band festival, hmmmmm, that seems to go together. Although after that I feel that RHCP isn't going to play the roo.

paulb
01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
ya, i dont think so.

canexplain
01-20-2009, 12:27 AM
hummm no news about anything ... grrrr ... i am thinking of staying up all night just cuz ....i just watched american psycho , yikes i forgot how weird it was ... cr****

haha this is funny, go to this site just for a minute ... remind you of anything ....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

JSam67
01-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey, does anybody know anything about a presale this year? That happens before the lineup comes out, I believe, so why is everybody freaking out thinking the lineup is going to drop when we haven't had a presale yet? Is there not a presale in 2009?

I think it's presale Friday, lineup Monday.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 01:23 AM
probably not Outkast either..

Are you fucking kidding me??????????

Dude, Outkast is fucking HUGE in Tennessee, and all the rest of the south. Sorry, pancakes I'm not dissing you, just your incorrect assumption here. Outkast would no question headline anything in that part of the country, whether it be Woodstock 2010 or anything else.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:10 AM
So Bruce on friday, Phish late-night Friday. Saturday open, Phish back on Sunday. OK cool, I can get behind this. Man oh man, who the hell is on Saturday. And these are just headliners!

Also, If I HAD to choose I would get with RHCP, ONLY because I had the good fortune of catching BB but never once seen the chili peppers. Id rather have both to be honest.

Rage is not funky

No diss to pancakes as well, but you don't seem to fully grasp a lot of bands and the impact they've made. Don't you think I forgot about you questioning the cure a few pages back

wtf? jsam, are you not a beasties fan? That cant be true, I had you pegged for one. anyone who's anyone loves the beasties. Hello Nasty was the first cd I ever bought

This leaves the Saturday night headlining slot still open....I know who it is, but I'm not giving that away at this point. They're pretty funky though.

I think he used the term "funky" loosely... not literally.

Definitely. Ragey's right, I think. We'll find out soon enough but the word funky can be applied to lots of music that isnt necessarily "funk".

the cure can be funky (denial in action)

ok srsly,I've accepted that theyre probably not playing. Its not gunna be Rage (sorry rage), I like the vibe Roo is creating so far with Bruce and Phish. Its really hard for me to describe, but you guys know what im talking about.

also, for the past two Bonnaroos that i've been too, it was the undercard that really sold it for me. Always. I really cant wait to see what they have

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:39 AM
Scissor Sisters @ Bonnaroo 09 would be too good to be true. I can see them at the which stage, or maybe even mainstage. It would have to be at night though. You guys would love it. Its my own personal guarantee. It would also bring all the Bonnagays together, which is a feat in itself.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Hey, does anybody know anything about a presale this year? That happens before the lineup comes out, I believe, so why is everybody freaking out thinking the lineup is going to drop when we haven't had a presale yet? Is there not a presale in 2009?

I think it's presale Friday, lineup Monday.

There is no guarantee of a pre sale. Some years they have had one, some years not. A couple years ago they used to have one throuh sending passwords via the microcommunity and it would be a big discount like $80-$100 cheaper pre lineup announcement. Last year there was simply a KROQ presale via ticketmaster a day or two before the lineup and it saved people like $15-$20 at most.

The folks obsessing over this and staying up til midnight make absolutely zero sense to me. I don't recall lineups being dropped at midnight at any point and i've seen more than one person post they have waited until midnight the past two nights. Those are not very smart people.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:09 AM
I need to start making a please no list for bonnaroo.

Please no Killers or RHCP. :)

canexplain
01-20-2009, 06:09 AM
There is no guarantee of a pre sale. Some years they have had one, some years not. A couple years ago they used to have one throuh sending passwords via the microcommunity and it would be a big discount like $80-$100 cheaper pre lineup announcement. Last year there was simply a KROQ presale via ticketmaster a day or two before the lineup and it saved people like $15-$20 at most.

The folks obsessing over this and staying up til midnight make absolutely zero sense to me. I don't recall lineups being dropped at midnight at any point and i've seen more than one person post they have waited until midnight the past two nights. Those are not very smart people.

mornng faxy, i was up any way watching obama stuff ... yea they wouldnt post info in the middle of the night .... they want the hoopla .... coachella and the roo both methinks ... cr****

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 06:13 AM
OK cool, I can get behind this.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/kevindoyle_bucket/Gonna_get_raped_cat.png

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Yeah, i think I crashed around 11ish my time. I thought I remembered a couple years ago they released in the middle of the night or early am but I could be wrong. I'm fairly certain there is no patter to any of it at all though. I'm fairly certain we will know everything by Monday at the latest meaning we might see some onsales by Friday but really, who knows.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 06:18 AM
I think it's unfair how fairly certain you are, Faxy.

canexplain
01-20-2009, 06:23 AM

morning dylan ... cr****

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:25 AM

Sorry. Just trying to keep it real.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 06:27 AM
morning dylan ... cr****

Morning good sir, I think I'm jumping in the same boat as you leaning towards the Roo and no Chella. Coachella will be amazing but the Roo is just more my style.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Amazing>>Dylan's style

canexplain
01-20-2009, 06:34 AM
Morning good sir, I think I'm jumping in the same boat as you leaning towards the Roo and no Chella. Coachella will be amazing but the Roo is just more my style.

you know there are going to be bands at both that will be awesome and you will go , fuck i wish i cold see xxx, but yea, its the roo for me .... after a week camping for waka prior to the roo, you guys are going to have to come to the roo to keep my brain stoked .... cr****

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:35 AM
So do you drive to all these Ron?

canexplain
01-20-2009, 06:45 AM
So do you drive to all these Ron?

yea denver to ark to tenn then back to denver (maybe via detroit for tygerladys family) ... at least this year the gas prices wont be off the hook .... cr****

faxman75
01-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Right on. Sounds like a great road trip. How many times have you done the full trip like that?

canexplain
01-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Right on. Sounds like a great road trip. How many times have you done the full trip like that?

just once, but one year we did coachella, waka, and the roo (among others) but that year waka was at a different time and of course coachella was much earlier ... that was our biggest year for shows, besides fests, we did about 120 shows .... not the most of anyone on the board here for a year, but not shabby either ... cr****

faxman75
01-20-2009, 07:14 AM
120 shows? So does each band at a fest count as a show or is that 120 seperate shows?

Crazy. I used to think 4 shows a month was a lot.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 07:14 AM
The folks obsessing over this and staying up til midnight make absolutely zero sense to me. I don't recall lineups being dropped at midnight at any point

Bonnaroo 08 lineup was dropped at midnight

faxman75
01-20-2009, 07:18 AM
I was talking specifically about Coachella. I know nothing about how bonnaroo announces their lineups.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Has Bush ever given a speech even half this amazing?

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/kevindoyle_bucket/Gonna_get_raped_cat.png

That kitten is almost but not quite as cute as me ;)

rage patton
01-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Rage is all about the funk. They are funkier than they are heavy.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm not going to get into this with you, it's just gunna end in hair-pulling

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Josh is right. Rage has a lot of elements of funk and groove in its music. I'm not sure if there's much of an argument.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
The Killers should just play both Coachella AND Bonnaroo.

canexplain
01-20-2009, 09:05 AM
120 shows? So does each band at a fest count as a show or is that 120 seperate shows?

Crazy. I used to think 4 shows a month was a lot.

120 different shows, so who knows how many bands ... you can never count like "80 bands at coachella" cuz i know i only catch about eight or ten a day .... good times, but it got to be like a job .... at work they always call me rockin ron concert freak lol ... cr****

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Are you fucking kidding me??????????

Dude, Outkast is fucking HUGE in Tennessee, and all the rest of the south. Sorry, pancakes I'm not dissing you, just your incorrect assumption here. Outkast would no question headline anything in that part of the country, whether it be Woodstock 2010 or anything else.

Sheesh dude, you just misunderstood, all I'm saying is that in the past years the Saturday headliner was bigger than the Friday and Sunday ones, which taking into account Bruce Springsteen and Phish, respectively, Outkast would not be a bigger act than those two... they would be as big, or smaller... there is no doubt they are headliners, the same goes for The Cure obviously... but why so militant? And why so many question marks?

Blinken
01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow I missed alot yesterday in this thread. I think I hope the funky group is either RHCP or Outkast. I would be so fucking happy.

It could be the Beastie Boys since that is the rumor I have heard too.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
I am so lost.

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I am so lost.

I'll catch you up:

- Springsteen likely on Friday. Phish playing late-night Friday and on Sunday. Nobody knows about Saturday.

- Nobody knows what the clues mean, so they've been no help so far.

- There will be drugzzz at Bonnaroo.

- Breakfast will be had at Ron's campsite.

- Salah and I like the show Night Court.

- Bonnaroo lineup announcement February 3rd.

:)

locachica73
01-20-2009, 11:10 AM
I was wondering where you had been Mr T, are you too busy at your new job to come play with us?

faxman75
01-20-2009, 11:10 AM
120 different shows, so who knows how many bands ... you can never count like "80 bands at coachella" cuz i know i only catch about eight or ten a day .... good times, but it got to be like a job .... at work they always call me rockin ron concert freak lol ... cr****

Ha, awesome!

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
re: Tommy's post

I knew all that stuff. I was wondering why people were talking about Outkast and Rage.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM
I've been listenig to a lot of Faith No More lately. I hope I don't have to go overseas to see them with Paul while he watches Limp bizkit or something. :)

faxman75
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM

I knew all that stuff. I was wondering why people were talking about Outkast and Rage.

Bonnaclue was something about funky band. Speculation is Outkast and Rage or something.

Unless I completely fabricated that in my mind. I usually ignore that clue stuff.

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I was wondering where you had been Mr T, are you too busy at your new job to come play with us?

Yeah I've been training on this new job. I think I'll approach my old posting habits once I learn the job a little more.

So you knew that Salah and I love Night Court?

Bonnaclue was something about funky band. Speculation is Outkast and Rage or something.

Unless I completely fabricated that in my mind. I usually ignore that clue stuff.

That sounds about right.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Night Court was quality TV. I approve. :thu

faxman75
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
I.....I can help....I can help you.........I CAN HELP YOU HELP YOURSELF!! AAHHHAHAHAHA

locachica73
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah I've been training on this new job. I think I'll approach my old posting habits once I learn the job a little more.

Well hurry up, I miss your board humor. :)

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Night Court was quality TV. I approve. :thu

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/bull.gif

locachica73
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I never really got the night court thing... MASH either.... Or Seinfeld... OK I will stop now.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I liked Night Court. I always liked that the con man who did card tricks on Cheers became a Judge.

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
There was a period of my life, between about 4th grade and last week, when I couldn't get the Night Court theme song out of my head.

Edit: fuck I wanted to post the YouTube video of the intro, but YouTube vids don't seem to be working for me.

locachica73
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
For me it's The Facts Of Life...

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have... the facts of life...

faxman75
01-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I loved me some cheers. All Cheers. I liked Diane better than Rebecca but Coach and Woody were a toss up, they both had their charm

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Whatever you say, Norm.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 11:50 AM
My favorite when I was a kid was Get Smart. The Cone of Silence, shoe phone, all awesome.
http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/graphics/cone_title.gif

dudezer47
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Update for the curious:

Been pumping edgecrusher for more info regarding his third headliner claim. Someone suggested Beastie Boys, here was his response:

"C'mon man, the Beastie Boys as a headliner at Bonnaroo? Not to take anything away from them because they are a great act, but I just don't see them as headline material. Springsteen, Beastie Boys, Phish? Something just doesn't look right about that.

C'mon people, think about the fact that a jam band is headlining and a singer/songwriter/folk/rock artist is too. You need to start thinking in terms of a "heavier" act, and that does not mean heavy metal either."

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Quoted for Paul...

Someone suggested Beastie Boys, here was his response:

"C'mon man, the Beastie Boys as a headliner at Bonnaroo? Not to take anything away from them because they are a great act, but I just don't see them as headline material. Springsteen, Beastie Boys, Phish? Something just doesn't look right about that.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
oohhhhh Heavier I very much like the sound of that.

rage patton
01-20-2009, 12:13 PM
The Beastie Boys could still sub-headline Bonnaroo.

I call NIN.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Last NIN show ever. EPIC! Or Faith No More!

dudezer47
01-20-2009, 12:16 PM
NIN or RATM would be my two guesses as he virtually shot down RHCP and Jane's Addiction is married to Lollapalooza.

I do not think Faith No More is big enough to merit a headlining slot at Bonnaroo...no offense if you're a fan.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I am a fan and i'm not offended. You could very well be right about headliner status but fuck I would be happy with them headlining.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 12:22 PM
So I guess I was right about Beastie Boys. I just wasn't feeling that one too happen, especially wedged between Phish & Bruce. But I do think this is basically the Rage confirmation, like it or not. (I love it! :thu) The Roo is the only festival they have left in this huge festival-sweep of their reunion. Plus it's been rumored for now well over a year. After Metallica, I think it makes a lot of sense. And it's really the only one, to me, that fits in with his clues.

Also, are NIN in any way funky? My knowledge of their music, beyond the hits, is pretty much scant. I don't think it's the them but I'm considerinig the possibility...

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
God I hope it's NIN i/o Rage.

Flapjacks, don't you EVER question the funk inside Trenty, capiche?

canexplain
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
yea breakfast at my camp just before you walk in :) I just read the thread about animal collective .... hummmm ...if they are at the roo, i might skip the show here even though i should be able to get killer seats .... i just got the cd a couple of hours ago so that will help me make up my mind ... cr****

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
If it's Rage, I don't wanna go. I fuckin HATE Rage fans. HATE HATE HATE.

I actually hate NIN fans too, but since I love NIN so much, I of course approve of NIN.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
D$, did you see Notorious this weekend? I watched it on my computer. I liked it. I did start to lose a little interest near the end but that wasn't the movies fault.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Flapjacks, don't you EVER question the funk inside Trenty, capiche?

Please, expound. I don't like to be in the dark.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM

I actually hate NIN fans too, but since I love NIN so much, I of course approve of NIN.

Hmm I approve of the hatred towards Rage fans. I like Rage but I have never been able to enjoy an entire show because of their fans. They are probably the only band I can say that about. They absolutley ruin the performance.

As far as NIN fans go, I never had an issue at any NIN show with their fans at all.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Ummmmm you and Salah are the only two members of Bonnacrew that are not Rage fans. Do you hate all of us then Amy??

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I said I hate Rage fans.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Rage itself is ok.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Hahaha yeah we were just talking a few pages back here about how a large portion of this thread first traveled to Coachella simply as a means of seeing Rage... and look what happened to us.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Please, expound. I don't like to be in the dark.

Trent has songs influenced by funk. Off the top of my head "the only time" "closer" "reptile" "down in it" "sanctified".

I dunno, I hear some funk in each of those and many others.

canexplain
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
i never had any problem with the rage shows i went too ... the fans were way more on the edge when they first came out years ago .... i just dont like any fans who throw up around me, and that could be most any band .... well not amy grant i guess or the jonas bros ... cr****

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Trent has songs influenced by funk. Off the top of my head "the only time" "closer" "reptile" "down in it" "sanctified".

I dunno, I hear some funk in each of those and many others.

A little more off topic here, but what NIN album should I start with? I got The Downward Spiral because I hear about it a lot. But I haven't listened to it much. Couldn't really get into the first track. I'd really like to get into them though because I would kill to see their live show (that hopefully has not been put into hibernation). Is there a better place to start? Or a better track to start with even?

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah and I know I'm not aloud to talk about it here, but just for the sake of mentioning to those who care, because it IS the Bonnaroo thread... Animal-No-No-Word are pretty much a lock at this point in the game, they're in Florida the week before, and they have a Florida date on the 11th... with no other dates in the area yet announced... looks like they'll be playing Friday or Saturday this year.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
A little more off topic here, but what NIN album should I start with? I got The Downward Spiral because I hear about it a lot. But I haven't listened to it much. Couldn't really get into the first track. I'd really like to get into them though because I would kill to see their live show (that hopefully has not been put into hibernation). Is there a better place to start? Or a better track to start with even?
Begin at the beginning: Pretty Hate Machine.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:14 PM

I pretty much started with the Downward Spiral. It's one of the harder ones. As far as looking at where to start, i would say if you want more recent "with teeth" then maybe "Pretty Hate machine" and the EP broken should fit in there somewhere nicely.

You can't go wrong with songs like "terrible lie" and "the only time" for a starting point though.

More great singles would be "burn", "somewhat damaged", "The wretched", "only", "physical", "Wish" (the last two are on the broken EP),

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, I'm actually listening to Downward Spiral right now, and I think I'm liking it a little better this time around, it's just a lot more hard rock than I imagined, which had initially taken me back... I was expecting more along the lines of Closer and Hurt, the two songs I knew... but I do think this is something I could get really into though. Sort of an acquired taste for me. But I might just try Pretty Hate Machine now. Is it a little less hard?

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
PHM is kinda like Depeche Mode.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
D$, did you see Notorious this weekend? I watched it on my computer. I liked it. I did start to lose a little interest near the end but that wasn't the movies fault.

I liked it a lot but that is a 100% biased opinion. I really liked how they incorporated several of his songs throughout the film. It was pretty much what I expected and I am A-okay with the result.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Flapjacks, I'd start off with Year Zero, however, I'd also NEVER disobey, The zzzizzzler!

Blinken
01-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, I'm actually listening to Downward Spiral right now, and I think I'm liking it a little better this time around, it's just a lot more hard rock than I imagined, which had initially taken me back... I was expecting more along the lines of Closer and Hurt, the two songs I knew... but I do think this is something I could get really into though. Sort of an acquired taste for me. But I might just try Pretty Hate Machine now. Is it a little less hard?

NIN is much much better live too. I was really blown away by the show.

canexplain
01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
NIN is much much better live too. I was really blown away by the show.

yea and i guess this makes sense, one year we saw them at four different venues and each show was awesome but different in what it conveyed ... cr****

apostle2
01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I would much rather have NIN than Rage, although I'd say they are equally possible. The NIN show would have a LOT of opportunity for interesting set list additions, especially if it's billed as a last tour or whatever, with the new band.

Please, I just want to see more Fragile songs before he stops for good.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
PHM is kinda like Depeche Mode.

Yes, except...i don't like much depeche mode.

My favorite depeche mode song. "Barrel of a gun". I think it was a B Side. Oh well.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I liked it a lot but that is a 100% biased opinion. I really liked how they incorporated several of his songs throughout the film. It was pretty much what I expected and I am A-okay with the result.

Right on. Good stuff. The guy they got to play biggie did a fine job. A tragic story of a fat boy who makes good but then crashes hard once he has all the loot.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
crashes hard once he has all the loot.

Which really makes me wish they played....

"Gimme the loot, gimme the loot, I'ma bad bad boy"

Backwater
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
They sell out every single show they play in the WORLD.

The RHCP show I saw wasn't sold out. Gnarls Barkley opened. There were plenty of tickets left. Just sayin

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes, except...i don't like much depeche mode.

My favorite depeche mode song. "Barrel of a gun". I think it was a B Side. Oh well.
No, that was their first single off Ultra.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
No, that was their first single off Ultra.

Oh, ok thanks. I love that song. I used to put it on mixes right next to Moby "That's when I reach for my revolver".

dudezer47
01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Update for the curious:

Someone threw out Portishead, Massive Attack and The Chemical Brothers as possibilities.

Edgecrusher's response:

"You are in the right frame of mind."

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Why is this edgecrusher guy in the know?

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Hmmm.. sounds more like NIN again. But then, that wouldn't be a "they" like he specifically pointed out. Nor would I use the word "funky" over any other word to initially describe them. Maybe he meant "right frame of mind" as in the era of music? It's a 90s band?

Blinken
01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
The answer is Portishead, or at least that is what I am taking away from this thread.

pancakespancakes
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM

You can go back and read his first post... he isn't for sure "in the know," he just made a convincing post that he was, not to mention the fact that pranks like that are pretty much unheard of over on inforoo, unlike this board. But it's just to be taken with a grain of salt.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Why wouldn't NIN be a "they"?

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I did start to lose a little interest near the end but that wasn't the movies fault.
Yes it was. I haven't seen it yet but if you lose interest that's 100% the movies' fault, probably the writing more than anything else. Who's fault was it then? There was nothing boring about the end of his life. If you lost interest it was probably due to crappy writing.

dudezer47

His story is that he knows someone at AC Entertainment who told him about the top of the bill when he visited him in Knoxville this past weekend. Before this he has claimed no special insider knowledge.

pancakespancakes
Why wouldn't NIN be a "they"?

Well he just went so out of his way to describe the artist as being a group, as opposed to a solo act. But I still think of NIN as being, more or less, a solo act. Again, I don't know NIN, so I'm probably wrong.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Well he just went so out of his way to describe the artist as being a group, as opposed to a solo act. But I still think of NIN as being, more or less, a solo act. Again, I don't know NIN, so I'm probably wrong.

Yes, trent has never done a tour without a full band. He announced in Vegas he would have a stripped down version of NIN and it would be down to a 4 piece but no Trent isn't a solo artist. At least not on tour. He basically comes up with all the shit himself but NIN is a "they".

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm listening to this Barrel of a Gun song and yea, it's pretty cool.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 02:19 PM

It'd be a lot cooler if you quit typing and started listening, you snap-rappin sunnovagun!

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
He announced in Vegas he would have a stripped down version of NIN and it would be down to a 4 piece

He also said it would just be instrumental, right?

faxman75
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Yeah for some reason I don't dig on a lot of their stuff but that song I liked instantly.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
It'd be a lot cooler if you quit typing and started listening, you snap-rappin sunnovagun!

Anyone who hates on snap rap is a tool.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
He also said it would just be instrumental, right?

Nope, i don't think so. He just said stripped down show, stripped down band and then no more NIN.

I took that to mean raw NIN, like you would see in say the "march of the pigs" video. Maybe Trent, guitarist, drummer keyboardist? Fuck I dunno who's gonna play bass then. I would think the keyboard is more important. So maybe Trent, bass, keyboards and drums. Trent will shred a bit on guitar in a handful of songs that need it like the old days.

I'm just guessin'.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I think Trent would play the keyboards.

He said "That will be it, at least for a while, you never know with me."

Dude put out how many albums in the last 2-3 years? There is no way he's going to stop making music, he just needs a break. I think he'll get restless sooner than he thinks and will be back with new material in no time....

rage patton
01-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I thought I read Trent will be doing all keyboard duties, then have guitar, bass and drums to go along with it.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Wait ... did he really not say, "it will probably just be instrumental?" I was tripping pretty hard for sure, but I don't think I just imagined him saying that. Do other people who were there want to chime in? Quite a few of us were there. He never specifically said "no vocals" but I swear he said it would be instrumental.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Hippie Timmy, that was just you buddy :)

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll need to find a recording of this then. Didn't sin tape it?

rage patton
Wait ... did he really not say, "it will probably just be instrumental?" I was tripping pretty hard for sure, but I don't think I just imagined him saying that. Do other people who were there want to chime in? Quite a few of us were there. He never specifically said "no vocals" but I swear he said it would be instrumental.

Paul told me trent said it would be stripped down tour... but it would be a NIN show. He never said anything about being an instrumental tour.

faxman75
I have listened to the bootleg and what he said there quite a few times i'm ashamed to say. I'm pretty confident he said nothing about instrumental.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
That's weird. In that case I have no idea what I'm talking about, carry on

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
That's weird. In that case I have no idea what I'm talking about, carry on

It's taken 231 pages for you to finally admit the truth.

BTW, my Three 6 Mafia discog should be downloaded at home right now.

rage patton
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Seriously. Lets all send Dani and Erik PMs to get backwaters "old school" to become "hippie"

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:40 PM
You should sig that. "i feel lame" is great though.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Seriously. Lets all send Dani and Erik PMs to get backwaters "old school" to become "hippie"

PM sent

Backwater
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
BTW, my Three 6 Mafia discog should be downloaded at home right now.

Awesome. Listen to When The Smoke Clears first. Then either Mystic Stylez or The End.

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
you whores.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Someone needs to bitchslap Trent for skipping Arizona this time. Either that or stfu about NIN cuz I'm getting pissed about the whole shameful thing again.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM

He sounds like a scoop49er or something.

I would cream myself for some more Trent.

NO RAGE AT BONNAROO. NOT NOW. NOT EVER

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Someone needs to bitchslap Trent for skipping Arizona this time. Either that or stfu about NIN cuz I'm getting pissed about the whole shameful thing again.

Don't you guys know to tell Zeeez "ear muffs" before you talk about NIN. Trust me, it works.

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
sebessssoisosoi - are you jealous tim and i kicked it at STS9?

Backwater
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Are you jealous that it says "hippie" under my name?

You're welcome, Josh.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I can talk about NIN; just not NIN in Vegas.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
sebessssoisosoi - are you jealous tim and i kicked it at STS9?

No.

CalmerThanYou
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
WELL IT WAS FUCKING FUN, OK?

Tim - thats awesome, i am a bit jealous. i think The Dude also falls under the Hippie umbrella.

just trying to lighten the mood around here....shrugs shoulders...walks away...dragging feet...

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I want a title too, I just dont know what.

the mood is fine, k. :D

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
whoa

http://206.47.170.43/music_v1_1/images/bruce-springsteen-pogal-400.jpg
http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/bruce.jpg

TommyboyUNM
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
just trying to lighten the mood around here....shrugs shoulders...walks away...dragging feet...

You lightened my mood, buddy. I appreciate you.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm trying to think of a good title for Salah ... I got nothing so far.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm jealous of your title Tim, i wish i had something so fitting.

I think Tommy's should be "Tranny".

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm trying to think of a good title for Salah ... I got nothing so far.

We'll let it come naturally and know when the right one fits. Like when Harry Potter was choosing wands.

Ummm, yeah. Harry Potter rocks

Backwater
01-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I think Dani has the best title of anyone on this board, PLUR. Now that is funny.

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I can't ask for a title because I'm sure Dani is ignoring me, and I'd feel weird asking Erik for one.

sbessiso
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Ummmmm you and Salah are the only two members of Bonnacrew that are not Rage fans.

I said I hate Rage fans.

Rage itself is ok.

So does that mean I'm SOLO?

It's always a party of one over here :(

amyzzz
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Salah = glitter & wings

Blinken
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
So does that mean I'm SOLO?

I am pretty sure that means you're wrong too. ;)

canexplain
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
yea i dont get a name either :( canx gets kicked to the curb to beg for a cheap glass of wine or swag ..... cr***

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL, yours would have to be "CR****". I just can't see anything else....

Backwater
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Old Hippie would work. Allys' needs to be Hater.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Old Hippie is weak sauce, Hater is right on the money!

canexplain
01-20-2009, 04:16 PM
is it just me, or does this look like someone a lot of us know ... cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/joshfake.jpg

Backwater
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I fully approve of the ICP poster.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I approve of the Korn and Green Day posters.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
I also approve the Tama drumset.

What should Dylan's be? Tool? Nah, too easy.

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I fully approve of the ICP poster.

A dirty hippie and you like ICP?????? WTF

faxman75
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Is that Josh's room? I approve of the ICP as well. I am a former Juggalo. I'm sure that will bring loads of ridicule. lol.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I am a former Juggalo.

I think we just found Faxy's title...

canexplain
Is that Josh's room? I approve of the ICP as well. I am a former Juggalo. I'm sure that will bring loads of ridicule. lol.

yea!!! i thought it looked like a somewhat younger Josh aka rage patton ... that is one of the members of a the band that lived in my basement a couple of years back ... cr****

Backwater
Faygo

Blinken
01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Faygo

And we have Fax's Title

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I fucking hate ICP so much

faxman75
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Umm I'm not looking for no title. I don't listen anymore either. I swear. It was during 98', all I listened to was ICP and Marilyn Manson for like a full year. It warped me for a bit I think. ICP wasn't like music obviously, I liked their I don't give a fuck attitude and I needed the I don't take life too seriously theme at the time.

Backwater
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't listen anymore either. I swear.

Yea right, Faygo.

paulb
01-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Faxman a Juggalo? ok, now you cant say shit about me liking Limp Bizkit.... lol

If its phish/Springsteen/RATM that would be amazing.... Bboys could easily be billed 4th or 5th on the Bonnaroo lineup, i hope they are.

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
I hope Mike D breaks his arm again :D

feather
01-20-2009, 04:34 PM
*owl*

Backwater

Yes he can. I hate LB probably about as much as Headstruck hates ICP. I think they are one of the worst bands ever, in existence.

faxman75

Sure I can, I grew out of it. Like a fad. I'm not talking about skipping Bonnaroo to go see them in europe or some shit.

Blinken

If its phish/Springsteen/RATM that would be amazing.... Bboys could easily be billed 4th or 5th on the Bonnaroo lineup, i hope they are.

3 Dollar Bill Yall was a very good album, i got your back Paul.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 04:35 PM
*owl*

psssst this isn't chat . . .

Mr. Dylanja
*owl*

:pulse

faxman75
Yes he can. I hate LB probably about as much as Headstruck hates ICP. I think they are one of the worst bands ever, in existence.

I'm with you too. Me and ICP both will tell you icp sucks and they aren't a band.

Backwater
I already have my plane ticket to go see ICP in Europe.

feather
01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
D-liscious...no more *silent owl* my speakers work again! (I don't know if this is good or bad)

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Feath, be sure to get a couple Pine tree air fresheners for your ride with the Dirty Hippie.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi Feather.

HEADSTRUCK

yeah we can....you are both fucking idiots

Backwater
We're listening to ICP the whole way there. That way us and faxman will have something to talk about when we get there.

trancehiphop
01-20-2009, 04:41 PM

yeah...that's what I thought when I heard rumors that jack johnson and metallica might be headliners, and look what ended up happening last year...

paulb
01-20-2009, 04:44 PM
well, from the sounds of it, wes is back in the band and they will play europe first and then united states....so, ill just wait.... Bonnaroo is my top priority.

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
We're listening to ICP the whole way there. That way us and faxman will have something to talk about when we get there.

thats fine, I plan on having my headphones on the whole time with a book in hand.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Now, what you need to do is math and i'm obviously the bigger idiot. I was listening to ICP at age 24. Paul is listening to Limp Bizkit at 21. He has 3 years to shed that crappy taste before I did.

paulb
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Now, what you need to do is math and i'm obviously the bigger idiot. I was listening to ICP at age 24. Paul is listening to Limp Bizkit at 21. He has 3 years to shed that crappy taste before I did.

they will prob do something this year, then be quiet for another 5 years, so no worries... and I was 11 when I got into them, and some things just stick with you...

Blinken
01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Wes is back in the band?

Anyways some more RooClue speculation

The first clue is Solved and is Peter Bjorn and John for sure.

Sun Ra said space is the place. Subtract Mr. Ra, the Arkestra too, add George Bailey and just a fraction of the universe of which a euro pop tart did zing.

Info:
George Bailey is a character in It's a Wonderful Life. The euro pop tart could refer to any number of possible European pop stars. First heard at 1:11 PM on Monday, January 19th.

From DJ JD:
Mr. Zimmy will be helping ("CLUE 2 launched-- I think Zimmy wants to help later on this one. It will run again, too- on radio roo. LUNCHTIME!").
DJ JD also helped clarify some mistakes in the original transcription ("ahh- somebody taped it. Smart~~ only two words wrong. Ochestra is wrong, but close. Same with the other mistake.").
The "zing" part is important ("'zing' is criticial to solving the clue, at least I zink so").
He also specified that it's one band, most likely with a two-part name ("Just one band, but sometimes a band name has two parts: E.G. Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, Tommy and the Folding Chairs, Etc."). Note that that tweet has a mistake which was then corrected, so it is definitely for this clue.
Zing is another language ("zing is not eng") - "zing" is Dutch for "sing" so we need a Dutch artist. DJ JD says what we need is on this list ("Nice list of Dutch musicians. Too bad it's so dang long, because exactly what you need is in there.") - note that there's been some speculation that this could have been a joke, as there's a band on the list called Mai Tai.
He also clued us in to Mr. Zimmy's help ("mr. z on george bailey, most helpful. wolfman on bbq trail which may lead him to JOHN DENVER!").
Mr. Zimmy has this to say: "GEORGE = JIMMY, right? Follow in that direction."
DJ JD further clarified: "more help on 2: george>jimmy> ? Don't give up. Maybe come back to it after a while. It's a twisted/non-straight path to the answer."
Also: "This group led by somebody who's been around for a good while. Not on list of Dutch Performers- but one of those holds clue relief."
Mr. Zimmy: "'only farmhound will get you to the bottom of this' - Sir Coltrane Dreaming" and "this is a tough nut to crack....leads to artist with staying power, but somewhat under the o'riley" ("under the o'riley" translates to "under the radar" because of "Radar" O'Reilly on M*A*S*H).
DJ JD: "icicwonandthreenotlookingallwaythroughbutdontyetse etwo" - we don't have this one yet.

Links:
First posted almost completely by Northbound Headlight here.
Audio of the clue is here (thanks to Northbound Headlight for the audio as well!).

Guesses:
The Mars Volta (ruled out because it's not a two-part name.
Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus 3 (seems to be ruled out by DJ JD).

Solved:
Not yet, according to DJ JD - although he did admit he didn't look through everything yet.

Alot of stuff and linkes in that one. So we looking for a two part name someone named Jimmy or James? and Dutch pop star? Damn this one is hard.

CLUE #3
Vermin at the hill's brow are better than in the house.
Info:
First heard at 6:04 PM on Monday, January 19th.

From DJ JD:
We've got this one correct! ("icicwonandthree"). Now if only we knew which guess was right...

Links:
First posted by steveroo here.
Audio is here.

Guesses:
Modest Mouse (mouse = vermin)
Fleet Foxes (foxes = vermin?)
Deadmau5 (mouse = vermin and in the South some family cemeteries are at the top of hills, hence dead)
Mountain Goats (goats = vermin, mountain = hill)
Gov't Mule (house and hill could relate to houses of government and Capitol Hill, and mules could almost be vermin)
Danger Mouse (mouse = vermin)

Solved:
Yes! Sort of. We've guessed it right, but we've guessed so many things we're not sure which one is right. Deadmau5 is probably the most popular choice.

Three more clues are coming on Wednesday, January 21st.

2 out of 3 are solved. :)

Once again this is from http://www.rpi.edu/~markhm2/rooclues/ That guy is doing a great job.

paulb
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Wes is back in the band?

so, pretty much with all those clues...Deadmau5 is confirmed?

and ya...on lb.com they added a new drawing on the 5 band members, clearly done by Wes who does all their artwork... and they set up some twitter accounts and each member has an account with the corresponding drawing of themselves, and dj Lethal said they are real. Wes also said after his Black Light Burns gig last night that he is back in the band and they are gonna play europe first than usa....

canexplain
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Focus is the only dutch band i can ever remember .... hocus pocus .... cr****

In July 2006, Niels van der Steenhoven joined the group and the Focus 9 / New Skin CD was re-recorded. Jan Dumée formed the group On The Rocks with British singer John Lawton (ex-Uriah Heep and Lucifer's Friend).

Blinken
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Deadmau5 and Peter, Bjorn and John.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I am pretty sure the second clue is at least a subheadliner, and that is why it is so complicated.

Here is the list of dutch performers that is referenced

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dutch_musicians

LooseAtTheZoo
Bonnaroo was ranked the number one music festival in a Rolling Stone music poll.

Then again, Coachella didn't even make the top three.

feather
Feath, be sure to get a couple Pine tree air fresheners for your ride with the Dirty Hippie.

I'm on it!

Hi Feather.

Hey Faxy!!! See you in less than two weeks...

:eek:
Backwater, we are going to be in a car for six hours together. I plan on bringing some funky house and you take care of all those Roo bands you always mention, and want me to hear. We can make this really fun!

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok, i just listened to Sams Town....Hot Fuss is still 10x better.... although Sams Town smokes the shit outta the new one.... but that aint saying too much.

The Killers at Bonnaroo....if they're getting crucified.

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Ok, i just listened to Sams Town....Hot Fuss is still 10x better.... although Sams Town smokes the shit outta the new one.... but that aint saying too much.

The Killers at Bonnaroo....if they're getting crucified.

sams town>day & age>>>>hot fuss

you do listen to LOB and LB for gods sake

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
maybe all those lame trance raves you've been to have fucked your hearing up....Killers suck period. and I dont know who the fuck LOB are.

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
maybe all those lame trance raves you've been to have fucked your hearing up....Killers suck period. and I dont know who the fuck LOB are.

cause I love trance, oh yeah i met you at a RAVE.....LOG...sorry typo

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM
lol, an electronic rave..... very different and much better than that trance shit...

Blinken
01-20-2009, 05:25 PM
pssssst Paul, Mark hates trance with a passion.

faxman75
There are non electronic music raves or trance isn't electronic? I'm so confused.

HEADSTRUCK
lol, an electronic rave..... very different and much better than that trance shit...

all raves are electronic music dumb fuck........know your shit before you talk. I am not somebody that even listens to trance.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM

Headstruck and Malcolmjamalawesome = 2 peas in a pod

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM
There are non electronic music raves or trance isn't electronic? I'm so confused.

not at all....paul doesnt know anything about raves. these kids now a days think that the electro fad they are in to is new and isnt rave music

faxman75
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
all raves are electronic music dumb fuck........know your shit before you talk. I am not somebody that even listens to trance.

Very....very edgy today. shhhhh

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM

that was the point....to bug him.

faxman75
01-20-2009, 05:28 PM
not at all....paul doesnt know anything about raves. these kids now a days think that the electro fad they are in to is new and isnt rave music

I was wondering what that kid was talking about. Rave music = electronic music. Electronic is not genre specific. It's the machine the sounds come out of that make it electronic.

I thought maybe the rave scene changed since I was going back in the mid 90's.

Oh and for the record, I don't know much about trance. I used to dig on hard core, happy hardcore, some jungle and artists like The Orb and Orbital were alright with me too. I used to love MTV A.M.P.

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:29 PM

as far as I know, which isnt very much...but Techno is the main genre...and trance and electro are all sub genres....

HEADSTRUCK
Very....very edgy today. shhhhh

not edgy, just tired of stupid people. This thread needs excitement and I guess I have to bring it here.

HEADSTRUCK
as far as I know, which isnt very much...but Techno is the main genre...and trance and electro are all sub genres....

shows you know nothing.....

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:30 PM
shows you know nothing.....

i never said I did know anything about electronic music.

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I was wondering what that kid was talking about. Rave music = electronic music. Electronic is not genre specific. It's the machine the sounds come out of that make it electronic.

I thought maybe the rave scene changed since I was going back in the mid 90's.

exactly.......it has changed but music is still music

rideincircles
01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Justice Rocks!

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
i never said I did know anything about electronic music.
I kinda figured that out on my own paul when i heard u want a justice tat

rideincircles
There was 6 new posts by the time I posted this, and I was being sarcastic.

MissingPerson
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/jill_valentine/salahposter.jpg

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:33 PM
thats way too much AF on one poster

faxman75
01-20-2009, 05:33 PM

See Techno started in detroit and house was Chicago from what I recall. DJ Hyperactive was pretty popular. I wasn't big into house though. I loved Nicky Fingers from Brooklyn but he died of a horoin overdose. I loved a lot of the hardcore because it sounded like the Downward Spiral without lyrics and it was loud and maddening kinda like Dan Deacon but I would like Dan a lot more if he shut the fuck up and cut out the audience interaction.

Techno is more like Pretty Hate Machine NIN. This is my fucked up perception though.

paulb
01-20-2009, 05:34 PM
I kinda figured that out on my own paul when i heard u want a justice tat

and where did u hear that from? Sally? Justice have alot more work to do if I was gonna tattoo them on me.

Blinken
01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/jill_valentine/salahposter.jpg

I just puked in my mouth a little.

HEADSTRUCK
01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
and where did u hear that from? Sally? Justice have alot more work to do if I was gonna tattoo them on me.

it wasnt sally but another boardie yes. LOL

faxman75
01-20-2009, 05:37 PM
The rave scene in chicago was pretty fucking cool but then I stopped going because it was less about meeting people and listening or dancing to the music and more about scoring drugs in a timely fashion. Not to mention shit was always intense when the cops came to bust the shit up and send us hallucinating people into our cars to drive. They were exciting to go to though. We used to collect fliers and call the info lines and head off to secret locations, spots and warehouses.