PDA

View Full Version : Emiliana Torrini

MrSheen
10-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Can't find any posts mentioning her playing at Coachella anywhere on here, and I don't think she's ever played one before. Her new album's just come out and I think her music on any of her albums would suit the festival. I can picture her in the same tent Sia played in this year. Not sure if it's likely of her playing 2009 but I think she'd definitely be one of the highlights for me if she did!

Thoughts?

dontfeedthebird
10-21-2008, 04:12 AM
i think this is an excellent idea plz.

kudos to Unemployed In Summertime

TonyWonder
10-21-2008, 05:22 AM
She's great, I would definitely check her out.

shakermaker113
10-21-2008, 07:42 AM
she's awesome, and I love her new album, but I'd rather not see her at coachella. she's too quiet, there would be so much sound bleed. I would rather see her at her own show where other bands wouldn't ruin her set.

having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up.

MrSheen
10-23-2008, 03:33 AM
she's too quiet, there would be so much sound bleed.

Yeah you might be right. When Mum played this year, there were parts of their set that are really quiet and delicate and all you could hear was whoever was on in the next tent...i think it was some dance-y kinda thing.

But if they timed it right, Emiliana could be amazing at Coachella. Her new album isn't as acoustic as Fishermans Woman and she has a full band so I reckon she could hold her own in competing against other bands.

On top of all of that, she's well funny on stage too. Not many performers that can actually make me laugh with their stage banter! :)