PDA

View Full Version : Underworld/Chemical Brothers/Prodigy/Groove Armada/Basement Jaxx

Brochella
10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
All of these groups at Coachella would be heavenly...but unlikely, considering that they're all potential Sahara headliners and probably require top dollar. What do you guys think the chances are of 3 of these bands playing on this hallowed weekend? What about 4?

oftheheartofthesoul
10-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Prodigy, please

shotglass75
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Prodigy, Basement Jaxx I would say are probably likely (hopefully) for Coachella. And even though I would love to see Chemical Brothers, Groove Aramada, and Underworld at Coachella, I think Bonnaroo is going to grab one of them for their late night sets in 2009.

prematurebirth
10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Prodigy, please

Prodigy would be dope!!

boarderwoozel3
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
One is probable and two would be really sweet but more than that is getting greedy and unrealistic.

HunterGather
10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Basement Jaxx seem realistic, as they have 10 shows lined up in the UK in February.
And supposedly a new album coming around that time.

algunz
10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't understand the need to make a thread about something that you don't think is going to happen.

JSam67
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
The Prodigy just have to be there, and I think they will be. Probably Basement Jaxx too. The others seem unlikely, but I hope Underworld is there too.

leo01g
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Underworld and the prodigy would slay Basement Jaxx would just be crazy!!!!

gibsonorbust
10-20-2008, 11:26 PM
One is probable and two would be really sweet but more than that is getting greedy and unrealistic.

True indeed. Im glad most people on the boards right now are on the same page with Prodigy; Underworld and Basement Jaxx seem to be more understated. And I just dont even wanna mention D*** P*** cuz of the hype... even 2+ years later :winkiss

superfiction
10-21-2008, 12:35 AM
basement jaxx and groove armada plz. and chem bros. i dont particularly care for underworld

PassiveTheory
10-21-2008, 01:18 AM
I have a feeling that the Sahara Headliners will look like this:

Friday: Basement Jaxx
Saturday: The Prodigy
Sunday: Armin Van Buuren (opposite Bowie or whatever massive headliner plays Sunday)

paulb
10-21-2008, 02:43 AM
The Prodigy...mhm.........heaven.

coldstart
10-21-2008, 02:54 AM
Rabbit in the Moon?

Donaldj
10-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I think the Prodigy and Chemical Brothers are pretty likely.

DrDank551
10-21-2008, 02:57 PM
YES, YES, YES, YES, and YES PLEAS!!!...I saw Underworld at All Points West this year, killer set, not long enough and should have been at night...Groove Armada I have wanted to see ever since I saw their Brixton DVD....and Basement Jaxx, well all you have to do is take a looksy at their Glastonbury footage.....oooh weeee!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8f3DZmpoks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8f3DZmpoks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brochella
10-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Why is 3 out of 5 unlikely? Last year had Kraftwerk/Aphex Twin/Fatboy slim, who are all basically on par with the guys I named as for as name recognition goes.

I have a feeling that the Sahara Headliners will look like this:

Friday: Basement Jaxx
Saturday: The Prodigy
Sunday: Armin Van Buuren (opposite Bowie or whatever massive headliner plays Sunday)

I figure Prodigy could probably rock the main stage, their frontmen (if you can call them that...) love running around the stage, and the Sahara tent isn't as well equipped for the intense ADD technofreak we know as Keith Flint. They could go directly before or after whatever hard rock/metal (Metallica, NiN, etc) band gets slotted in as a headliner. I could also see Armin (who seems like a lock at this point to be at Coachella given that Tiesto, PVD, Above & Beyond, Sasha & Digweed, et al have been there the last two years) playing the main stage ala Tiesto in 2007, but that one could go either way, really. Ferry Corsten seems like another solid bet for the 2008 trance act.

All in all, I realllllly hope the Chemical Brothers show up. Seems fairly likely considering that they're veterans who haven't been there in awhile, but I would still be happy with a Basement Jaxx/Prodigy/Groove Armada type deal.

quicksand
10-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Chemical Brothers!! Let's make it happen

Trick Loves The Kids
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Basement Jaxx are so fucking good

ArcadeParade
10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Underworld blew me away at APW, I would love to see them again at Coach!

shotglass75
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Why is 3 out of 5 unlikely? Last year had Kraftwerk/Aphex Twin/Fatboy slim, who are all basically on par with the guys I named as for as name recognition goes.

I figure Prodigy could probably rock the main stage, their frontmen (if you can call them that...) love running around the stage, and the Sahara tent isn't as well equipped for the intense ADD technofreak we know as Keith Flint. They could go directly before or after whatever hard rock/metal (Metallica, NiN, etc) band gets slotted in as a headliner. I could also see Armin (who seems like a lock at this point to be at Coachella given that Tiesto, PVD, Above & Beyond, Sasha & Digweed, et al have been there the last two years) playing the main stage ala Tiesto in 2007, but that one could go either way, really. Ferry Corsten seems like another solid bet for the 2008 trance act.

All in all, I realllllly hope the Chemical Brothers show up. Seems fairly likely considering that they're veterans who haven't been there in awhile, but I would still be happy with a Basement Jaxx/Prodigy/Groove Armada type deal.

Love the Noobies, The Prodigy in my opinion should play the Main, but I doubt they will do that. They played the Sahara in 2005 and it was the place where I felt my soul leave my body and puke down my throat. it was awesome. They also have a new allbum coming out soon. There is no reason for the Chems to be there since they have nothing to tour off of. The Basement Jaxx seem likely since it has been 5 years since they were here last, they are touring at the begining of the year, I think for a new album, and they absolutely LOVED playing in 2004. Underworld, they haven't been there since 2003 (my first, ahhhhhhhh) and it is about time for them to return. They got stolen from us for APW last year (you know it's true) so hopefully we'll get them back for this year. Groove Armada also hasn't been here since 2003 and since I missed them at Glastonbury since I was being owned by The Verve I would really love to see them play the Outdoor Theater.

Other notable hopeful inclusions

Felix Da Housecat
Hercules and Love Affair
The Prairie Cartel
Jonboy
The Presets
Soulwax
Hey Champ

boarderwoozel3
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Don't forget Crystal Castles, they seem EXTREMELY likely to me too.

But yeah, Caochella is on a streak of putting a notably huge dance act on the main stage(last two Saturdays, I wasn't around for 06 and earlier). Who could do it? The Prodigy? I have no clue...

boarderwoozel3
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8f3DZmpoks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8f3DZmpoks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

O MAI... Basement Jaxx would be so mint on the main stage!

gibsonorbust
10-21-2008, 07:20 PM
As much as The Prodigy on the main stage makes sense, them in the Sahara would be reasons #2 and #3 to go to Coachella this time around!

gibsonorbust
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
...Chem Bros would probably play main stage.

betao
10-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Prodigy can play the mainstage only if they play last like Tiesto did in 2007.

I don't want to try to go crazy for them but then deal with people around me who are just waiting for the headliner.

I personally want them in the Sahara though.

BlackSwan
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Prodigy, Groove Armada, and Basement Jaxx seem the most likely to me as they all have tours planned for 2009.

daft$tar
10-25-2008, 03:32 PM
prodigy please #1

then underworld/chems

jaxx/ga last on my list

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
I would like to check out Groove Armada...

daft$tar
10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
GA's dj set at sunset a few years back was indeed epic - but their live show sucked ass the year later...

Boourns
10-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Chemical Bros, plz.

rage patton
10-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Just give me The Prodigy. Everything else would be a bonus.