PDA

View Full Version : Typical Day

hollaback
02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Can someone give me the typical run down of the day? Like when you get there, what you do, then what its like at night, and how late the parties go after the bands end at night?

laineinla
02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
everyone's experiences will be different... i will throw my 2 cents in assuming you are doing the onsite camping thing.

7 a.m.: awaken because it's too damn hot in your tent. spend the next 30 minutes to an hour griping to your friends that it's too hot and/or try to fall back asleep, to no avail.

between 8-11am'ish: shower/brush teeth whatever, eat breakfast, get dressed, wander around, meet new people, be amazed at how many people came from canada, grab things from your car you forgot to get the night before, etc.

11 am: pow-wow with your group of friends to hash out meet-up points, who's going to see what, talk to your neighbors about who they're going to see, they will probably want to borrow the printout of the set times you remembered to bring but they did not

Noon'ish: go inside! wander around! get your alcohol wristband. bang some drums. take pictures. look at art. ooh and aah at the tesla coil. ride the sketchy 'rides' and sketchy bikes. etc.

after 1 p.m.: music starts.

eat/drink lunch/meals at some point... whenever you so desire. take a quick nap in one of the shaded tents if you have some sort of gap where you don't care too much about any of the artists performing.

before 9: get souvenirs, b/c the lines will be too long after this point.

Sometime after 11 p.m.: music ends. spend the next half-hour trying to get out of the venue.

midnight on: drink/party if you're not too exhausted... this is usually the point where i consume many cough drops b/c my throat is so hoarse from yelling along to the music (and breathing in other people's smoke) all day.

after 2'ish: try to get a good couple hours rest.

SFChrissy
02-06-2007, 02:33 PM
You will never know till you get there!!!

scoop49er
02-06-2007, 02:39 PM
well my plan is simple:

get to the polo field by 11am each morning. chill out..

once in get my alcohol writsband, check out some stuff, chill out

through the day, drink, dance, rock out, drink some more, chill out

nighttime, start to enjoy the nightlife and more of the same

when its over leave and do it all over again. keep it basic but i do reccommend downloading pf pic of the site and start to map out little things so u dont stress over them later, like the wristband, restrooms. and get some food in ur belly and lots of fluids other then that have fun!!

vinylmartyr
02-08-2007, 02:35 AM
whhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SheriNOIR
02-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Can you not buy like a ''guide'' over there ?
Like a map of the festival with all the important places on it.
And set times too maybe ?

Sucks if you can't..

invisiblerobots
02-08-2007, 07:01 AM
They hand out little brochures with a map and set times as you walk in the gate. They're free too, grab two.

SheriNOIR
02-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Ooh nice one :)
Thanks !

ayates
02-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Can someone give me the typical run down of the day? Like when you get there, what you do, then what its like at night, and how late the parties go after the bands end at night?

http://www.tammiefritsch.com/laughs/images/puke.jpg

AbundantChoice
02-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Your ideal day at the festival will probably look as follows:

Music.
Frozen Lemonade.
More Music.
More Frozen Lemonade.

Repeat for ~ 12 hours.

Tylerdurden31
02-08-2007, 08:52 PM
after last year, I'd like to recommend the fresh guacamole they had in the main stage beer garden

~fab81~
02-09-2007, 01:28 AM
how exciting!!!

so you have to get a wristband to get alcohol?? *mental note taken* is it going to be really hot?

what are the crowds generally like? over here there always seems to be a bunch of people throwing full bottles of...water (i hope i really hope) around which can be really painful if you get hit by them.

is there a programme with times of bands out yet?

sorry about my incessant questioning!

xxfxx

vinylmartyr
02-09-2007, 01:31 AM
set times area released a few days before the event

stillavirgin
02-09-2007, 01:37 AM
its not that big you can find your way around pretty easy if you not retarded

stillavirgin
02-09-2007, 01:39 AM
how exciting!!!

so you have to get a wristband to get alcohol?? *mental note taken* is it going to be really hot?

what are the crowds generally like? over here there always seems to be a bunch of people throwing full bottles of...water (i hope i really hope) around which can be really painful if you get hit by them.

xxfxxtheirs a drinking area that you have to booze in and no drinking anywere else,you can see most of the bands but its not cool

Tylerdurden31
02-09-2007, 05:30 AM
how exciting!!!

Yes...it will be hot, but not humid. It'll probably be like 20 degrees cooler in the shade.

People aren't too rowdy. The craziest people get is probably in the Sahara Tent and during any heavier bands. I'm expecting a pit for Rage and a little bit of craziness for Bjork.

Not yet, comes out the week of the festival

It's okay...just don't let it happen again

~fab81~
02-09-2007, 05:57 AM
thank you! you have been most helpful!

i love getting in the pit, but honestly some crowds here can be vicious!

i am sooo looking forward to this!

xxfxx

ayates
02-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Fixed

JLombardi1
04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
How hard is it to get a alcohol wristband if only 19? If you have a wristband on do they i.d. at all still

artgutser
04-16-2007, 09:05 AM
How hard is it to get a alcohol wristband if only 19?..

Not that hard if you have the ability to age 2 years in the next 11 days.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Not that hard if you have the ability to age 2 years in the next 11 days.

Or have a 21+ year old friend go get a wrist band, come back and give you their wrist band, go back to a different tent and get another one for themselves.

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
after last year, I'd like to recommend the fresh guacamole they had in the main stage beer garden

I really need to start eating more food at Coachella...Seems I have missed out on some quality stuff over the years. I generally survive off of hot dogs and churros....

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Do they serve Thai? That would be amazing.

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Do they serve Thai? That would be amazing.

Not sure, I know they serve greek and indian...so why not Thai?

Foppie
04-16-2007, 10:14 AM
No Thai last year but the Chinese food was actually decent.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Not sure, I know they serve greek and indian...so why not Thai?

Well i've never had Indian so that would be great to try.

amyzzz
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
wait, WAIT JUST A MINUTE!! They have FOOD in the beer garden? I don't drink, so I've never gone inside. Please clarify this.

MonsoonSeason
04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Or have a 21+ year old friend go get a wrist band, come back and give you their wrist band, go back to a different tent and get another one for themselves.

or just grab one off the ground. that's what I did at Intonation and nobody even looked twice.

I'm going to go ahead and guarantee that there will be alcohol bracelets on the ground, but no water bottles

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
wait, WAIT JUST A MINUTE!! They have FOOD in the beer garden? I don't drink, so I've never gone inside. Please clarify this.

Makes sense to me, when I'm drunk I'll eat everything in sight.

or just grab one off the ground. that's what I did at Intonation and nobody even looked twice.

I'm going to go ahead and guarantee that there will be alcohol bracelets on the ground, but no water bottles

Well, isn't that some shit...

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Makes sense to me, when I'm drunk I'll eat everything in sight.

Haha ditto. Thats why I spend soooooo much cash at Coachella....

MonsoonSeason
04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
that's my plan

eat
drink
music
maybe snuggles later

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Haha ditto. Thats why I spend soooooo much cash at Coachella....

Haha, all I keep thinking about is how this new diet i'm on is comletely fucked because there's no way my drunken munchies will allow me to bypass anything chicken-related. Or potato chips. Or nachos. Or whatever shish kabob, onion-on-a-stick crap thing deep-fried in pig lard happens to look appealing when i'm intoxicated. LOL.

maybe snuggles later

teh ecstehsy? haha.

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
deep-fried in pig lard

Mmmmmmmm deep fried pig lard.....lol!

MonsoonSeason
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
teh ecstehsy? haha.

no way I don't do any drugs like

but seriously do you have any

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
no way I don't do any drugs like

but seriously do you have any

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
All this talk of pig lard and e has really got me amped to go now! Hahaha.

Juuuuuuuust kidding.
;)

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
All this talk of pig lard and e has really got me amped to go now! Hahaha.

Juuuuuuuust kidding.
;)

Thats really got to be the worst tasting combo EVER. :nono

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Thats really got to be the worst tasting combo EVER. :nono

LOL...you're right and depending on which you have first, I doubt that pig-lard would even be a factor in the equation. Snort. I'm a simple gal, PIZZA AND BEERRRR!!! Haha.

MonsoonSeason
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm even simpler: beeeeeeer

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm even simpler: beeeeeeer

Ah, but what kind? The first is always important... after the 4th or 5th not so much. I start grabbing shit like Tecate. Snort.

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Ah, but what kind? The first is always important... after the 4th or 5th not so much. I start grabbing shit like Tecate. Snort.
ugh...Tecate.... *shudder*

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 03:46 PM
ugh...Tecate.... *shudder*

I know, I know...its disgusting. Ergo, my point of being quite a few beers in and grabbing whatever shitty thing is handed your way. Haha.

Rochefort FTW

scoop49er
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
my goal was to lose 10-15 pds befroe coachella but i changed it to just to exeercise alot to ge tmy legs in motion and after coachella ill start the diet. fuck it im gonna enjoy myself! :)

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
my goal was to lose 10-15 pds befroe coachella but i changed it to just to exeercise alot to ge tmy legs in motion and after coachella ill start the diet. fuck it im gonna enjoy myself! :)

Yeah, no sense in having to take away the little pleasures of vacation while you're down there. Might as well enjoy every aspect. :)

blakely
04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah, i dont drink in the sun anymore... its just more of a pain in the ass than it is fun...

phoenixsky
04-17-2007, 04:06 AM
Christ, Indian food? Thai?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7955/079073220301lzzzzzzzbz0.jpg