PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions... That I Need Answered

PassiveTheory
02-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I know, there are plenty of Coachella virgin/n00b threads in the question forum, but I'm tired of thread hijacking to get some questions of mine answered and usually... It never happens. That being the case, here are my questions:

1. I've read conflicting statements about this, but are you allowed to sneak in food, or bring it in a cooler or something?

2. How far are the showers from the campsite, and what is the consensus on the best time to get up and try to shower off?

3. What kind of sunscreen would you suggest for a day-long period, that is to say, put it on once in the morning and ought to last until the headliner finishes?

4. Are camping spaces assigned to you when you enter into the camping site? Or is it basically "find a space and setup ASAP" kind of method?

5. When it comes to individualizing your tent and/or actually being able to find it by the end of the night, are we allowed to setup a flag to differentiate the tent? And if not, what would you suggest to use as a means to set your tent apart from the rest?

randy ricochet
02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I know, there are plenty of Coachella virgin/n00b threads in the question forum, but I'm tired of thread hijacking to get some questions of mine answered and usually... It never happens. That being the case, here are my questions:

1. I've read conflicting statements about this, but are you allowed to sneak in food, or bring it in a cooler or something?

2. How far are the showers from the campsite, and what is the consensus on the best time to get up and try to shower off?

3. What kind of sunscreen would you suggest for a day-long period, that is to say, put it on once in the morning and ought to last until the headliner finishes?

4. Are camping spaces assigned to you when you enter into the camping site? Or is it basically "find a space and setup ASAP" kind of method?

5. When it comes to individualizing your tent and/or actually being able to find it by the end of the night, are we allowed to setup a flag to differentiate the tent? And if not, what would you suggest to use as a means to set your tent apart from the rest?

You still live with your parents don't you!!!!

beautiful nemesis
02-06-2007, 01:48 PM

ouch.

Good Days Last
02-06-2007, 01:48 PM
A couple good questions.

1) You can bring food into your campsite, but no alcohol. And you can't bring it into the venue. So the only place outside food is allowed is the camp ground.

2)No idea

3)Once again, no idea

4) Unsure, but I think they'll direct you to a place. Seems like it'd be chaos if it were "just go find a spot"

5) Flags are okay, just not in the venue.

skavenbrew
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
2) Showers are set up along the fence surrounding the campiste. You may have to walk a whole minute. wake up later than 8 and the line starts to get long.

3) Depends on your skin. My Irish skin needs re application 3-4 times.

4) yes, you do get an assinged camping spot

beautiful nemesis
02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know how much reading you've actually done...
Q.1 - it's been made quite blatantly obvious that no coolers are going to be allowed into the venue, and that you're lucky if you can sneak some food/water in, but definitely no coolers! however, if you're talking about bringing in food & drinks to the campsite, that's where it's okay! =)

Q. 2 - i have no idea either, but if there was a "consensus" on the best time to go and take one... wouldn't everyone be taking one then, thus nullifying it being the best time since it would be busy? the FAQ havent addressed the times showers will be open yet either, so just keep checking if your really wondering about it.

Q. 3 - there is no such sunscreen that i know of that can truly be protective for that many hours. just bring in some sun screen and re-apply at some point in the day...

Q. 4 - does that really matter? dont sweat it! =) you'll find out when you get there anyways, and it's in the on-site camping FAQ if you're worried about meeting up with people...

Q. 5 - since any/all the posts i've seen about flags for finding your campsite have been about how people used them last/past year(s) and that it worked nicely for them...... i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that yes, you are allowed flags.

have fun, dont stress about this stuff! the FAQ is your friend if you're feeling particularly antsy about something ;)

PassiveTheory
02-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Well yeah, dude. I'm still in high school.

And I think alot of the answers I've gotten here have really helped clear things up for me... I think my biggest problem was figuring out, from the other posts, whether or not people were referring to the camp site or the venue itself. Thanks alot, guys.

el chango
02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Well yeah, dude. I'm still in high school.

Are you over 18? you must be if you want to camp onsite

PassiveTheory
02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I turn 18 on the 25th of this month, so yeah I know what I'm doing. Appreciate your concern though.

KatieG
02-07-2007, 01:24 PM
The best sunscreen that I have used on float trips and festivals would be Nuetrogena oil free sunblock. The SPF is only 15, but it is rub proof, sweat proof and water proof. I have put it on in the morning and never reapplied and by the end of the day I am barely red and the next day it is a small tan. My friends who didn't listen to me on the other hand...

kimery08
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
get some spray on sunscreen. its the best. i dont know about you but i dont like to rub lotion/oil on my already sweaty body.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
As far as suncreen is concerned Coppertone has a "Sport" variety that is about spf 45, waterproof, and sweat proof. After 20 years of living in the southern california desert, Coppertone Sport is the way to go. As far as the number of applications, I'd plan on many screen applications throughout the day.
To get the most out of your shower, just around sunrise is prime (appox. 6am). Once the sun comes up, everone in camp is forced awake because of the heat and at this time the best way to beat it is a nice cool morning shower. The earlier you shower the less time you'll spend standing in the sun waiting for your turn.

DeltaSigChi4
02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
SPF 45??? Holy shit. Are you going hiking on active volcanoes??

A little overboard in my book, at least.

E

wmgaretjax
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
from the little I've read, the SPF doesn't matter a whole lot past 15 for adults, and only young children's skin can absorb anything much higher than that. but they might have been lying.

breakjaw
02-08-2007, 08:06 AM
This is a very astute question,and one I wish I had asked before 2005,when I got seperated from my girlfriend during Weezer,and then had mucho trouble finding the tent after the show,and basically being persona non grata the whole evening and next day.
I only camped that year,and only for two nights,but my best advice is don't try to bring in everything when you first check in(maybe just your tent and sleeping bag),because it's kind of a drag inching it along the massive line to first check in.After you get the wristband,you are allowed to go back to your car,although it is a minor hassle to then return,but nothing like the initial check-in.
The worst part of camping is the 7AM heat thing,and then waiting around before the gates open.I saw excellent advice posted on here,recommending using this time to drive to Ralph's,Denny's,Starbuck's or whatever,just to get away from the camp for a little while.