PDA

View Full Version : If Obama Gets Shot

burdt
10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
The U.S. is great and all but there's no shortage of lunatic idiots. It follows naturally then that Obama, as the first black presidential candidate with any real chances of winning, receives a plethora of death threats. it also follows that if he were to win some jackass somewhere is liable to go through with that threat. Whether he or she succeeds is up to fate, but as a proactive measure against the horrendous depression that would follow if the aforementioned situation were to occur i've devised a little game:

the obama threat pot.

each player picks a month of the year (or week, or day, depending on how many players we end with.) each month, week, or day (this depends on how many people are willing to play) can be purchased for a set price (say a dollar). the owner of the week/month said threat happens gets the whole pot. there are many revisions possible and i'm open to suggestions. this is just a horrible idea that popped into my head. the rules are malleable and the stakes aren't set. the gamblers of the board can help make this more official.

mandatory disclaimer:

i'm neither racist, nor republican, nor spreading hate or prejudice. I'm just exploiting the paranoia i get when something good (obama winning) is about to happen and i'm absolutely sure there's an idiot out there that's gonna ruin it for us.

if it doesn't happen we can always give the pot to charity.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
morbid.

burdt
10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
like i said, i really really don't want him to get shot, but this is my attempt at making lemonade with a future lemon that will hopefully not happen.

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
hm

i'm not signing up for paypal. can you purchace a whole month?

Blinken
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I might be in if we flesh this out more. I would want to call Febuary for the irony of black history month, but the shortened month has its drawbacks too.

burdt
10-15-2008, 12:38 PM
i guess there should be a limit on purchases, per user, or at least they have to be spread apart. i'm thinking we should go by weeks. if that's the case we could have 4 weeks be the max per user and they can't be 4 consecutive weeks. we really need some dedicated gamblers to help clear this up.

apostle2
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
...then I will be personally Jack Ruby-ing someone.

Blinken
10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Bad Apostle, that is how conspiracy theories start.

burdt
10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
we start from the moment the winner of the election is announced. the game ends exactly one year after. that's a $52 pot.

rules so far (subject to change):

a single user can't buy more than 4 weeks.
2 is the most consecutive weeks a user can have.

we still need an independent manager of the pot. any ideas?

SFChrissy
10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
money is the root of all evil...so they say but this is a little too dark side for me...you guys should redirect some positive energy elsewhere...instead of possible threats that may lead to death...

burdt
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
i'm just preparing emotionally for a definite possibility. i'm not hoping he dies, but i'm absolutely sure there's going to be threats, real serious threats.

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
we start from the moment the winner of the election is announced.

What if he gets RFK'd?

SFChrissy
10-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I get where your coming from but why feed into that vibe??? I may be avoiding the obvious but I really haven't even given those possabilities a thought...

burdt
10-15-2008, 12:57 PM
well, i guess this will all be in vain then... i'm just setting the election date as a start date because that gives us time to get the 52 weeks purchased. but if could be 54 weeks too. now we have to define what would result in the pot being won. would it be if a threat plot was thwarted at its planning stages or in an actual threat being carried out? i'm guessing it would have to be if the threat was carried out... but to what extent. feedback please

burdt
10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I get where your coming from but why feed into that vibe??? I may be avoiding the obvious but I really haven't even given those possabilities a thought...

call me a negative person.

i mean, there have already been arrests of people threatening (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2519869/Barack-Obama-death-threats-Man-charged.html) obama. It's just a sad reality we have to face. i'm sorry for being a debbie downer, but the game is an attempt at a silver lining. more like aluminum lining, but you know what i mean

shakermaker113
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
if Bush doesn't get assasinated but Obama does, I'll give up on humanity.

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
I say 3 to 1 odds he gets shot before inauguration day.

10 to 1 he gets shot the day of.

burdt
10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
i figure the secret service knows those odds too so they'll have an insane amount of security those days. most likely i'd be during some unexpected time.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
like i said, i really really don't want him to get shot, but this is my attempt at making lemonade with a future lemon that will hopefully not happen.

So how is you being absolutely sure he is going to get shot = making lemonade again?

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:16 PM
The position is what causes the possibility of being shot, not the color of the guys skin. Last i checked there were a few presidents who took a bullet or had one fired at them.

burdt
@faxman: bad metaphor, i know. and i'm not absolutely sure he's gonna get shot. i'm just absolutely sure there's a lot of jackasses in this world.

SoulDischarge
Profiting from tragedy. A truly American enterprise.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Sure and probably less racist jack asses than there used to be. The world got better over the past century, not perfect just better in this country. The position can get you shot. Black or white doesn't matter. Crazy people do crazy shit.

burdt
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
The position is what causes the possibility of being shot, not the color of the guys skin. Last i checked there were a few presidents who took a bullet or had one fired at them.

you can't be that naive faxman, he's the first black dude that might have that position. the color matters here. tbc, i'm off to lunch.

CalmerThanYou
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Yup, we see the thread...
http://blogs.bet.com/news/newsyoushouldknow/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/secret_service.jpg

TomAz
10-15-2008, 01:21 PM

"Damn the president got shot. That really sucks."

"Woohoo! I won the pool! Awright!"

212margarita
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM

I totally agree, whatever your intentions are behind the pool it's a really fucked up idea. Why would you want to profit of the death of anyone? I dont care if its "the american way." Why dont we try to rise above?

faxman75
The point is every person who holds that office is at risk. I don't see how you can prove Obama is more at risk than some white dude some crazy people will hate.

Reagen was pretty popular, so was Kennedy and Lincoln for that matter. Their popularity didn't save them, their being white didn't save them either. I think Obama's popularity makes him more of a target than his skin color.

C DUB YA
delete thread

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
......trace.......

Deviate_420
10-15-2008, 01:28 PM
If Obama is killed I am moving to England. Period.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 01:29 PM
So if it had been Hilary would she have a higher risk due to being the first female prez?

It is sad though because I do think if he wins he will be at a higher risk of an assassination attempt. I won't bet money on it just because I think that is a little sick and twisted but I do think it will happen.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:33 PM
You think he will get shot?

This thread is ridiculous.

marooko
10-15-2008, 01:33 PM
why do i think the reaction would be different if it were, Bush, McCain or any other rep.?

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 01:37 PM
The only real issue I have with this is the time constraints of betting on a date. It should fall within a 5 year period. I'm basing this on the assassinations of Lincoln & McKinley where both were assassinated at the beginning of their 2nd terms.

Fax, Lincoln was not well-liked. Secession happened because he became president. There was a whole half of a country that hated him.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
All joy, 50% is considered a good approval rating.

TommyboyUNM
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
So this is based on threats he receives or the actual act?

Deviate_420
10-15-2008, 01:43 PM
If Bush was killed the killer should be given the Nobel Peace Prize right before he goes to prison..

TommyboyUNM
10-15-2008, 01:49 PM
He's not saying he wants Obama to get shot, it's just a little dark humor. No more, no less.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I guess I fail to see the humor on a realistic bet on the date of a potential assasination.

I can't stand the current guy in charge but certainly wouldn't get a kick out of wondering when he would get shot.

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd be more for a general "who wins the election" bet.

CalmerThanYou
10-15-2008, 01:54 PM
IP addresses logged...
http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/345579246_2f704d0a31.jpg

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I met a bunch of those SS guys at the white house.

Real friendly folks, I actually traded a challange coin to a SS guy. Sent his coin to me in the mail with a poorly written letter along with it.

CalmerThanYou
10-15-2008, 01:59 PM
whats a challenge coin? Does this have something to do with WoW or AA?

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Nope. It's a big coin you get for random shit in the military.

I got a coin from the CMSgt of the Air Force when I met him at the pentagon, and I got another one after I became commander of my Air Cadets squadron.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
This reminds me of a bet my husband made with his friend because they both got married within a couple months of each other. They bet that whoever got divorced within 4 years (first I guess) owed the other $100. The problem is when our friend DID end up getting divorced, it seemed really mean-spirited to ask him to pay up on that bet.

frozen pilgrim
10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
if we want to do this right, we have to do it like a fantasy draft- everyone who's playing puts their names in, and they're drawn to determine a picking order. then we take turns picking one week periods until the whole presidency is taken up

burdt
10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
The only real issue I have with this is the time constraints of betting on a date. It should fall within a 5 year period. I'm basing this on the assassinations of Lincoln & McKinley where both were assassinated at the beginning of their 2nd terms.

Fax, Lincoln was not well-liked. Secession happened because he became president. There was a whole half of a country that hated him.

we can always start the game over at the beginning of the new year.

So this is based on threats he receives or the actual act?

based on a threat that was carried out, a real attempt.

He's not saying he wants Obama to get shot, it's just a little dark humor. No more, no less.

you get me.

like i said, i REALLY don't want him to get shot. it is a distinct possibility though. and if by the end of the year nothing happens, then the cash goes to charity.

i know this is a dark idea but we live in dark times.

burdt
10-15-2008, 02:10 PM
if we want to do this right, we have to do it like a fantasy draft- everyone who's playing puts their names in, and they're drawn to determine a picking order. then we take turns picking one week periods until the whole presidency is taken up

that sounds like a plan. i'm thinking of putting the 52 week roster in the first page with the corresponding names attached to their week.

fiyahhh!
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM
and if by the end of the year nothing happens, then the cash goes to charity.

charity = Burdt's wallet.

betao
10-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I met a bunch of those SS guys at the white house.

Real friendly folks, I actually traded a challange coin to a SS guy. Sent his coin to me in the mail with a poorly written letter along with it.

I remember, years ago, Laura Bush came to speak at the school my mother was teaching Kindergarten at during the time. She wasn't there to speak to her class, but was there nonetheless. There were SS guys all over the place, and apparently, they are exactly like what we seem portrayed as in movies and TV.

My mom told me that at one point, a friend of hers went to one to ask if she could meet Laura for an autograph. She asked the SS agent and commented on "how exciting the occasion was". The SS agent responded by drawing an imaginary line with his foot where he was, and saying "m'am if you want to see some excitement, just try to cross this line".

She stopped asking after that.

burdt
10-15-2008, 02:20 PM
charity = Burdt's wallet.

nah, that's why we need a third party manager of funds. i'm sure gamblers know where to look.

marooko
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I remember, years ago, Laura Bush came to speak at the school my mother was teaching Kindergarten at during the time. She wasn't there to speak to her class, but was there nonetheless. There were SS guys all over the place, and apparently, they are exactly like what we seem portrayed as in movies and TV.

My mom told me that at one point, a friend of hers went to one to ask if she could meet Laura for an autograph. She asked the SS agent and commented on "how exciting the occasion was". The SS agent responded by drawing an imaginary line with his foot where he was, and saying "m'am if you want to see some excitement, just try to cross this line".

thats so fucking AWESOME!! she should have tried to run past him.

burdt
10-15-2008, 02:22 PM
thats so fucking AWESOME!! she should have tried to run past him.

or pull a homer, like that time they went to australia.

CalmerThanYou
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
The SS agent responded by drawing an imaginary line with his foot where he was, and saying "m'am if you want to see some excitement, just try to cross this line".

i cant imagine someone saying anything more gay than that. what a fucking wiener.

Goodtoknow
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
There is no way a president in the 21st century will get assassinated unless someone very very powerful wants him to be. You realize...if we exclude JFK because of the Hoover conspiracy theories...no president has been assassinated since William McKinley in 1901.

There was an attempt on nearly every modern day President but all attempts being spoiled before they got a shot off with the exception of 1980 or 81 when Reagan got shot.

I just don't see the SS allowing this to happen...

fiyahhh!
10-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Somewhere, Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer just high-fived.

Goodtoknow
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
that was well-timed. and certainly hilarious.

vinylmartyr
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Jesse Jackson need to shut the fuck up.

mattpach
10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Jesse Jackson need to shut the fuck up.

Yes he does.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
What is Jesse Jackson saying? (I don't watch the news, and I haven't heard anything on NPR)

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
cliff note's version: JJ called Barry O. a sell out

marooko
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
cause he's not screaming "RACIST" when anyone says anything to/about him?

locachica73
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
You think he will get shot?

I don't think he will be shot but I think there will be alot of back wood hick mother fuckers taking target practice. Just knowing what kind of people are out there still in this day and age. I just think there will be alot more assassination attempts due to the color of his skin redneck mentality.

apostle2
10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
someone told me today that they are "not going to vote because if Obama wins he'll get assassinated." is it just me, or is that the worst voter apathy rationale of all time?

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 03:12 PM
more because he's jealous since he ran for president 20 years ago and no one wanted him... and because he was outed for having an illegitimate child while claiming to be a man of faith... and that he based his whole career riding on the coat tails of a real revolutionary, bastardizing what King was about while Barry embodies that dream

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
someone told me today that they are "not going to vote because if Obama wins he'll get assassinated." is it just me, or is that the worst voter apathy rationale of all time?

it's not quite apathy, but it is stupid

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Sounds like sour grapes.

marooko
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
more because he's jealous since he ran for president 20 years ago and no one wanted him... and because he was outed for having an illegitimate child while claiming to be a man of faith... and that he based his whole career riding on the coat tails of a real revolutionary, bastardizing what King was about while Barry embodies that dream

i hate JJ. i cant believe people still give that guy mic time.

allyjoy
10-15-2008, 03:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, he's a douche, but he still deserves credit for the Rainbow Coalition, negotiating the release of POWs when the US gov't couldn't do it & the term "African American" (although I hate the term for the simple fact that White people stumble over it in my presence because they're too busy trying to be politically correct, but it does provide a bit of humor)

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, he's a douche, but he still deserves credit for the Rainbow Coalition, negotiating the release of POWs when the US gov't couldn't do it & the term "African American" (although I hate the term for the simple fact that White people stumble over it in my presence because they're too busy trying to be politically correct, but it does provide a bit of humor)
allyjoy, see the Columbus Day thread.

marooko
10-15-2008, 03:23 PM
i dont think ive ever called anyone an african american. or _______american for that matter.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't think he will be shot but I think there will be alot of back wood hick mother fuckers taking target practice. Just knowing what kind of people are out there still in this day and age. I just think there will be alot more assassination attempts due to the color of his skin redneck mentality.

Really? Wow, like multiple attempts? You really believe several people will try to kill him?

I guess I give people too much credit. I don't think it will happen. It's possible but I don't see a bunch of people lining up to go to jail for someone they consider worthless or not human.

I will continue to disagree and I don't see an assasination attempt as a forgone conclusion.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
trust me, i hope to be proven wrong, but I have learned in life to hope for the best but expect the worst.

Quadromarshia
10-15-2008, 03:28 PM
If Obama gets shot, the first thing i'd do is tear down the confederate flag that's outside the state house.

Then i'd burn down the state house, and join in the ensuing riots. If Obama gets shot, this country will deserve what befalls it.

CalmerThanYou
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
trust me, i hope to be proven wrong, but I have learned in life to hope for the best but expect the worst.

what do you see here?

http://discoveries.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/glass-of-water.jpg

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I'd rather just believe the best of people, and if something does happen to Obama, I'll just be depressed and/or anxious for a year or so (like after 9/11).

faxman75
10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Jessie Jackson is a fucktard. He claims an Obama win will lessen Zionist clout. Obama won't be so friendly with the jews or some such. Fuck Jessie. This is the guy. It's worth mentioning he claims he was misquoted.

Jackson is a jackass for several reasons, he's a liberal who is damn near pro life, he believed Terry Schiavo should be kept alive as a vegetable, he has said Obama "acts white", the giant kicker to this specific story is Jessie Jackson called a jewish community "heimi town" back in the day.

How the fuck this guy gets people to apologize to him for being racist when he's said some stupid fucking racist shit himself is beyond me. He has zero credibility at this point.

MissingPerson
10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
On the other hand... playing devil's advocate... if Obama was killed, what would it do for the US politically? Would the idea of the guy be more powerful than the real dude, or would it just polarize everybody to both ends of crazytown?

faxman75
10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd rather just believe the best of people, and if something does happen to Obama, I'll just be depressed and/or anxious for a year or so (like after 9/11).

Word. If shit happens so be it but I as pessimistic as I am I can't see being convinced of a future assasanation attempt.

Goodtoknow
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
sort of like the Kennedy family?

faxman75
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
On the other hand... playing devil's advocate... if Obama was killed, what would it do for the US politically? Would the idea of the guy be more powerful than the real dude, or would it just polarize everybody to both ends of crazytown?

Well the nation would be devistated. The JFK comparisons would ensue as would the MLK comparisons. We would mourn as much as 911, Joe Biden would take over and I would be comfortable with that and in fact I would say at that point the country would need a Biden type. We would heel and look towards the future.

Everyone is already polarized.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
On the other hand... playing devil's advocate... if Obama was killed, what would it do for the US politically? Would the idea of the guy be more powerful than the real dude, or would it just polarize everybody to both ends of crazytown?Neil Diamond will write a song about his daughter perhaps. (I forget his daughters' names)

locachica73
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
what do you see here?

http://discoveries.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/glass-of-water.jpg

lol its half full of vodka and waiting for a mixer.

CalmerThanYou
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
you pussy. slam that shit.

locachica73
10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I have to work in the morning. and I have no beer chaser. Maybe later.

burdt
10-15-2008, 03:49 PM

sound bite reporting. he sells a lot of ads. he's still a jackass.

my thoughts exactly.

If Obama gets shot, the first thing i'd do is tear down the confederate flag that's outside the state house.

Then i'd burn down the state house, and join in the ensuing riots. If Obama gets shot, this country will deserve what befalls it.

amen to that. chaos will reign.

somehow this makes me think of tdk. obama would be our harvey dent. its a bad analogy. damn my analogies.

Goodtoknow
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
somehow this makes me think of tdk. obama would be our harvey dent. its a bad analogy. damn my analogies.

As odd as it sounds, it kind of makes sense. The younger generation, the college kids, the first time voters, are traditionally so disenfranchised with 'the man' I think the loss of the only politician any of us ever cared about would either the start of a riotous youth or the end of the United States as we've known it.

MissingPerson
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Honestly, that's kind of what I was thinking of. Obama's become a whole bunch bigger than just a candidate. Bush's re-election kind of broke a lot of hearts, I think, they lost faith and interest in the democratic system that could produce that administration. They really need the guy to be who he says he is, because they need to believe in something or somebody like that.

I think he's become a figurehead in a way I don't think JFK did. I think there's a lot of people, in the US and elsewhere, who are looking at him thinking "Well, if this guy can get through, maybe the system's not so broken after all". Even if McCain was to win, I think Obama's brought a lot of people back to the point of just believing it's worth giving a shit.

sin213
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
just wanted to drop in and say thanx for getting http://www.coachella.com/forum added to the secret service watch list.

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Indeed

Mr. Dylanja
10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Way to go zzz's...

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Whut?

Mr. Dylanja
10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
If you click the link it clearly shows you are the head conspiracy theorist...

MissingPerson
10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Pff. I'll have an alibi.

Besides, if there are some secret service types watching this place, then they deserve to have to read it. Have fun with the bot fly stuff, guys.

burdt
10-16-2008, 09:36 AM
now that we've gotten all that out of the way, do we have any players? pick a week, any week, or are we doing random draft as it was mentioned before. either way, 52 of you need to show up.

locachica73
10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I am not sure of my beliefs on heaven and hell but I am pretty sure betting on someones death may be a sure fired ticket into everlasting damnation if there is such a thing. So I am going to pass on this one.

marooko
10-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I am not sure of my beliefs on heaven and hell but I am pretty sure betting on someones death may be a sure fired ticket into everlasting damnation if there is such a thing. So I am going to pass on this one.

i bet you its not. 10 bucks.

allyjoy
10-16-2008, 09:59 AM
what? no... betting on when someone's life will end does not mean eternal damnation. You would only be damned if you became the catalyst for said person's anihilation to win the bet. The Good Book says thou shalt not kill, not thou shalt not bet on another man's killing. It's not like we're part of some string of underground kill or be killed cage matches. We're just trying to make money off the stupid & enthusiastic. Ted Turner's been doing it for years! (I realize that may be a bad analogy because I'm fairly certain he bought a room in Hell overlooking the flame lake, but you get what I'm saying) :)

marooko
10-16-2008, 10:03 AM
would there really be such a view in hell?

allyjoy
10-16-2008, 10:04 AM
If you have enough money, there's always an excellent view in Hell.

Quadromarshia
10-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Those with offices overlooking the Potomac, will have offices overlooking the river Styx!

TommyboyUNM
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
As much as I get where you're coming from with this, I'm gonna have to pass.

clarky123
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Just because you can buy firearms in your local pharmacy.
Do 'Not' ever try to shoot, kill, maim or injure this man.
He is a top geezer and all round nice fellow.
That is all.

burdt
10-16-2008, 10:48 AM

here's the deal. he's gonna get shot at. he's not necessarily going to die. i titled the thread "if obama gets shot" not "if obama gets killed." i'm sure there will be threats on his life, serious threats, but i doubt any of them will be successful.

allyjoy
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
guarantee

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal agents have broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree, the ATF said Monday. In court records unsealed Monday, federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name. Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community. The men also sought to go on a national killing spree, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press. “They said that would be their last, final act _ that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama,” Cavanaugh said. “They didn’t believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying.”

ridiculous hatred

JustSteve
10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
kill their parents and any other family members who had a hand in raising them...please.

suprefan
10-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Something will happen at Inaguration day, they better put Obama under a bulletproof dome or something that day if it gets to that point.

CalmerThanYou
10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
if obama gets shot this forum is done for.

zenidogx
10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
he won't get shot.
any attempt made to assassinate him will be stopped.

Quadromarshia
10-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Something will happen at Inaguration day, they better put Obama under a bulletproof dome or something that day if it gets to that point.

What a trade off. Either he rides in the pope-mobile and gets lampooned for afraid, etc. OR he rides JFK style and everyone says he should have ridden in the pope-mobile.

microcuts
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to assassinate him now, before he becomes president, when he arguably has less security? I don't know, the whole thing is absurd to me. And if a complete constitution-erasing dumbass like our current president has been walking around healthy as a mule the past 8 years, I would think this country's pretty much over the whole assassinating thing.

unknown
10-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Seriously, I read the above post regarding bush fucking up as much as he has and he is still alive.... Would the crazy extremists with more hatred towards Obama be more likely to go through with something like an assassination attempt? I mean, I fucking hate bush but I don't have it in me to shoot the guy. That is just a whole lot of time and effort...

faxman75
10-28-2008, 07:35 AM
You guys are trying to rationalize and give logic to crazy. Crazy people are the ones in history who go through with these attempts. They aren't people who play with a full deck. They obsess, plan, plot and ultimately carry out their attempt. It's usually sociopaths who can pull it off and remain calm or happy about the deed they are doing.

I would think this country's pretty much over the whole assassinating thing.

I don't even know what that means. Over who's assasination? Were we on an assisnation kick? wtf?

Assasinations have always been a risk for whomever the president may be no matter how popular.

Assasination attempts if anything have been more common in the past 50 years than any other point in history. I fail to see how we are "over" it.

George W. Bush - 2 attempts
Bill Clinton - 2 attempts
Reagon, Carter, Nixon and bush Sr. all 1 attempts
JFK
Truman
both Roosevelts and Lincoln

Those are attempts which means Lincoln and JFK didn't escape the 2nd time aroiund.