PDA

View Full Version : Faith No More or Mr Bungle for Coachella 09!

futureperfect
10-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Mike Patton has so many projects but it would be fun to see him do FNM or Mr. Bungle again. What do you think?

sin213
10-13-2008, 05:12 PM
mike patton would be great to have back at coachell with any project he is in...

FNM would be epic, though!

futureperfect
10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah it was great seeing Peeping Tom at Coachella 07

scoop49er
10-13-2008, 06:08 PM
if u bring up fnm on this board, me and rage patton are guaranteed to chime in!!!

fnm is one of my top 5 of all time!!! reunion would be EPIC!! getit!?!?!??! haha

scoop49er
10-13-2008, 06:08 PM
and peeping tom kicked ass in 07

futureperfect
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah they are one of my favorite bands too i saw them as a teenager on the Guns N Roses Metallica tour lol. They were touring behind Angel Dust then.

sacleonard
10-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah they are one of my favorite bands too i saw them as a teenager on the Guns N Roses Metallica tour lol. They were touring behind Angel Dust then.

Same here. I enjoyed their show, but I remember that Mike was beyond most of the stadium crowd, even back then.

My other two recollections from that show (Pittsburgh; Three Rivers Stadium) were (1.) a wicked storm starting in between FNM and Metallica; screaming "DIE!" while lightning and thunder swirled overhead and Metallica ripped through "Creeping Death" and (2.) this annoying woman who would scream "I looooove you, Axellll" in between every song... at one point, she fell into me, and when I held my ground, she took out three whole rows of fans in front of us. It was her big night out!

rage patton
10-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh man. I think I would cry if Faith No More were to play Coachella. It would be incredibly amazing. Also, Mr. Bungle would be pretty fucking awesome, if I do say so myself.
I know Mike Patton will be there next year, I just know it, I just don't know in which form...

moomoo
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
The only song I have heard from FNM is that one on rockband. And I wasn't impressed. Can someone offer a song that would make me want to seem them at Coachella?

Jman4321
10-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Mr. Bungle would be fucking hilarious

theaenimatool
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
The only song I have heard from FNM is that one on rockband. And I wasn't impressed. Can someone offer a song that would make me want to seem them at Coachella?

Yes.

"From Out Of Nowhere" and "Falling To Pieces"

Sounds nothing like "Epic"

But personally, I would MUCH rather see Mr. Bungle...i would buy my ticket solely on that.

thedevious
10-14-2008, 12:36 AM
I got to see FNM touring on Angel Dust they fucking destroyed, Kyuss or some shit was the opener.

Either FNM or Bungle would be fuckin a.

enriquevs
10-14-2008, 07:49 AM
id probably buy more than 1 ticket if they got mr bungle.

futureperfect
10-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah Mr Bungle would blow lots of minds. I wouldnt mind Tomahawk either

rage patton
10-14-2008, 08:05 AM

Download "Midlife Crisis" and "Land of Sunshine" to see what a huge vocal range Mike Patton has. Then download "Surprise! You're Dead!" and "The Edge of The World" too see how diverse Faith No More are. Those songs are usually enough to turn anyone into a FNM fan.
Actually, fuck it. Download "Angel Dust" since it is pretty much the best album ever. "The Real Thing" is the album that got me into FNM though. Avoid "King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime" though.

blobby1
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Tomahawk might be pretty good to see there as well, as far as Mike Patton projects go...

pancakespancakes
10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Tomahawk might be pretty good to see there as well, as far as Mike Patton projects go...

I personally prefer Tomahawk to pretty much everything else Patton, except maybe Bungle, and I am a pretty moderate fan of him... glad I'm not alone!

I was surprised how entertaining Peeping Tom were in 07. It was my first time hearing them too, but back then I didn't really research Coach lineups beforehand and didn't realize Patton was there until I showed up and was like "HEY I recognize that bandname!" and made my way to the Mohave and was blown away... Butterscotch was definitely a highlight.

thedevious
10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Download "Midlife Crisis" and "Land of Sunshine" to see what a huge vocal range Mike Patton has. Then download "Surprise! You're Dead!" and "The Edge of The World" too see how diverse Faith No More are. Those songs are usually enough to turn anyone into a FNM fan.
Actually, fuck it. Download "Angel Dust" since it is pretty much the best album ever. "The Real Thing" is the album that got me into FNM though. Avoid "King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime" though.

Angel Dust is indeed one of the greatest rock albums of the 90's.

moomoo
10-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Hey man, thanks for the recommendations. Checked em all out and I have to say I was impressed. They chose a terrible song to put on rockband, because it left me with a real bitter taste on what kind of music they make. But after listening, I think they'd be a good qualifier for 09.

meyouseek
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey, King For a Day has all sorts of fun on it! And I'm not just saying that to defend my avatar.

CaliMag
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Faith No More with Chuck Mosely for the win!

He gets no love on here, but he was great in his day. Introduce Yourself is still their best album.

futureperfect
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
We Care Alot........Cause its A Dirty Job and Someones Got to Do IT

woogie846
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh man. I think I would cry if Faith No More were to play Coachella. It would be incredibly amazing. Also, Mr. Bungle would be pretty fucking awesome, if I do say so myself.
I know Mike Patton will be there next year, I just know it, I just don't know in which form...

He'll be there with his new project featuring the guy from TV on the Radio.

sin213
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
he could also come with Crudo...they really haven't done too many shows.

rage patton
10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
He'll be there with his new project featuring the guy from TV on the Radio.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiit. That would be fucking awesome.

I personally prefer Tomahawk to pretty much everything else Patton, except maybe Bungle, and I am a pretty moderate fan of him... glad I'm not alone!

I would love some Tomahawk. However, with how active Battles are right now, I doubt John Stanier would leave to go work on a Tomahawk tour.

Angel Dust is indeed one of the greatest rock albums of the 90's.

Without a doubt.

Hey man, thanks for the recommendations. Checked em all out and I have to say I was impressed. They chose a terrible song to put on rockband, because it left me with a real bitter taste on what kind of music they make. But after listening, I think they'd be a good qualifier for 09.

As I said, those tracks are usually enough to create a FNM fan. It is strange how out of all their songs, Epic is the one that got all the attention.

Hey, King For a Day has all sorts of fun on it! And I'm not just saying that to defend my avatar.

King For A Day does have some great tracks, but a first time FNM listener should stay the hell away from it.

Faith No More with Chuck Mosely for the win!

He gets no love on here, but he was great in his day. Introduce Yourself is still their best album.

Chuck Mosely was shit.

emtgreg
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM

i am thinking "human" form

mike patton is NOT a tauren druid

er...

nohardfelines
10-16-2008, 01:06 PM
i can guarantee you that Faith No More and Mr Bungle will NOT play Coachella, if anything Crudo will, or whatever his newest endeavor is

action jackson
11-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Just imagine Star A.D on the main stage!

At least something Patton please! My mate is seeing that Fantomas show in Europe in December where they are playing directors cut in its entirety. Epic. Epicly jealous lol