PDA

View Full Version : So I got engaged last night

Pages : [1] 2

rage patton
10-11-2008, 10:58 AM
My girlfriend, fiancée now, and I have being seeing each other almost 3 and half years now. I decided a few months ago that I wanted to propose to her. But because she is such a special girl, I decided she needed a very special proposal and I would wait for that oportunity. Towards the end of July I found out Gogol Bordello were coming to Vancouver, and I knew that was my opportunity. We both love Gogol Bordello and ridiculous amount, we both love music and concerts in general a ridiculous amount and we both love each other a ridiculous amount. So, I figured putting it all together would be the most perfect way to make a special proposal.

So I first e-mailed someone from SideOneDummy Records (Gogol Bordello's record label) and asked him if he could help out in any way. He gave me the name and e-mail address of the Gogol's daily contact. I e-mailed her twice, and heard nothing back. The guy from SideOneDummy said he would send some e-mails around and try to help out. I then go out a research all of Gogol's other contacts, and e-mail them all... and hear nothing. At the beginning of September the guy from SideOneDummy said he wished he could help more, but he had done all he could. Which I was alright with, he went out of his way to help me, so I appreciate that. However, I decided I wasn't going to give up. I made the decision to come down to the venue early in the day, the day of the show, and wait to talk to Eugene.

Also, in the meantime, I asked Becky's, my fiancée, dad. She respects her parents, especially her dad, a great deal so I knew this was something I would have to do. Her dad said “Yes, of course” and he gave me a little fatherly wisdom. We then told her mom and she gave me a great big hug. I then told my parents, my dad gave me a hug and my mom started crying and gave me a hug. It was a great feeling that the entire family wanted this to happen.

Anyways, so yesterday Paul (Paulb, the only other person besides our families to know) came down to Vancouver early in the morning. We were planning on seeing Filth and Wisdom, a movie staring Eugene Hutz and directed by Madonna, because we thought Eugene might be there. Well before the movie, I decided to take a look around see if I could see them. A couple streets down their tour bus was there, and the accordion player, Yuri, and bassist, Thomas, were there having a cigarette. I asked them about my "favour" and they said that they had heard all about me. They said they would put in a good word for me too. They also didn't know Filth and Wisdom was even playing, and they said if Eugene woke up before the movie, they would tell him. Well, we saw the movie, which was really, really good. I enjoyed even more than I thought I would. However, no sign of Eugene.

So after a couple hours of waiting infront of the venue, I take another look around and see Sergey, the violin player, and the accordion player again. So I talked to them and Sergey tells me that, first off Eugene is still sleeping, and second, he is totally alright with it and thinks it very cool of me, BUT the final word is up to Eugene. So I decide to wait around longer to talk to Eugene myself.

At around 4:30ish, Paul and I are still standing in front of the venue... then Paul spots Eugene go into a the Crepe Cafe next door. This was my chance. I tell him my story, and he said "Oh yeah, yeah, I have heard all about you. It's totally cool man." I couldn't believe it. I was actually expecting him to say no. So we talk a little bit, and we organize I was going to ask her after they play "60 Revolutions" and before they play "American Wedding." He then figured I will need a backstage pass, so he brings me, and Paul too, into the venue with him. We then just chill in the venue until around 6:30, when they kick us out. We still got to see them soundcheck some jams and "Mishto!" so that was pretty awesome. Now it was just a matter of time.

Becky got there around 7:30 and doors opened at 8. After we got into the venue, she was talking about how she might want to just go to the back halfway through the set, and I had to, without being obvious, convince her not to do that. Actually, I had A LOT of convincing to do. She almost didn't even come to the show! She had work that night and couldn't get it off, so, again without being obvious, I had to convince her to come to the show. She said OK, and called in sick. Thank God. Anyways, the band started just after 10:30 and were great. The band was onfire and the crowd was pretty great. Then, I heard "Tribal Connection," which was my cue to leave. So I told her I had to go to the bathroom and left her on the barricade, along with a bunch of my other friends.

I went backstage as soon as "60 Revolutions began" and Paulo, the stage manager, met me back there. We talked a bit while they were playing, and then the song stopped. Eugene then said that he had a special guest in Vancouver, who "is burning with Passion" and then something about him wanting the say something to a special lady. I then walk on stage and walk straight towards Becky... who is dumbfounded. All my friends there start screaming "GO JOSH!" and help her get over the barricade. I bring her on stage, grab the mic and go down on one knee. The crowd erupted in cheers. I could barely hear myself think. Before I said anything she learned over and kissed me, but I got her to stand back up. I had a little speech prepared, but the moment I forget someone of it, but I still think it was pretty sweet. It was something along the lines of:
"Becky, Rebekah Joy Makepeace, we have been seeing each for the last three and half years, and I love you. I can't imagine my life without you, and I don't want to either. You are the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with and the only person who can truly make me happy. So, what I am asking, *reaches into pocket and pull out box* Becky, *opens box* will you marry me?"
She nodded her head, put on the ring and the crowd went nuts. It was surreal. I then got off me knee and we kissed. While we were kissing, I swooped her down. I thought it was pretty classy myself. After that Eugene gave us both big hugs, and we had some champagne. He asked if either of us had ever been to a Canadian Wedding, and we both laughed and shrugged out shoulders. We then left the stage, and watched the show from the side until almost the end. Between songs, the band members came and gave us hugs too.

When they started playing Mala Vida, a Mano Negra cover, which is one of Becky's favorites, we left down to go back to floor. The second I walked about the door this guy says to me "I have been looking for you for the last 20 minutes! I got the entire proposal on video! Do you want it?" Of course we said, and he got out phone number, and he is going to call sometime today about sending it to me. THAT is why I love Gogol Bordello and the crowd they bring in. The nicest fucking people on the planet. After that, every step I took, guys were shaking my hand and giving Becky a hug. Everyone thought it was really awesome. It was like that for the rest of the night. People just kept comming up to us and congratulating us. It was really awesome.

After the show, I met up with all my friends upstairs and there were hugs all around. One of my best friends, who was upstairs the whole night, as soon as he saw me, ran up to me and gave me a jumping hug. It was pretty funny. But yeah, it was incredible.

After talking for a bit, before we left, Becky and I figured we would give our thanks one last time to the band. So we went upstairs, and everyone was really happy to see us. Eugene wasn't there, but the rest of the band was. Sergey even gave Becky a little advice. They seriously are the coolest fucking band on the planet.

All in all, it was unreal. Just thinking about it now, I can't believe this happened. This was the most amazing experience of my life. Like, I just got engaged on stage with one of my favorite bands, to the most amazing, wonderful, kind, sweet, caring, lovely, gorgeous, beautiful, and not to mention coolest fucking girl, in the entire world. I... I am almost at a loss for words. She is amazing. Gogol Bordello are amazing. The crowd was amazing. Seriously. I am happy right now. Very happy.

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 11:01 AM
So awesome. Im really happy for you and Becky. Gogol was the right way. congratulations man.

sin213
10-11-2008, 11:03 AM
congrats to you both! very cool.

Somewhat Damaged
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
tl; dr

But congrats on getting engaged. :)

Boourns
10-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Awww, that's so sweet :)

Congratulations! That's really the awesomest thing I've read in ages.

rage patton
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Whoops... I didn't notice the other thread until right now. Sorry. I just went straight in here and typed this. Didn't read anything else. Oh well, at least you have a coles notes version now.

Boourns
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh yeah, it looks like people are talking about it:
http://www.darrenthetiger.com/2008/10/have-you-ever-been-to-canadian-wedding-wheres-the-vodka-wheres-the-marinated-herring/

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Why did you leave out the part where your fiancee apparently showed her tits in the course of the proposal?

Eugene Hutz (the singer) and the rest of the band sat back and when the tearful girl accepted the proposal, Eugene busted open a bottle of champagne for everyone to knock back. The girl flashed him her boobs and ran offstage with her fiancee as the band kicked off with American Wedding.

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Why did you leave out the part where your fiancee apparently showed her tits in the course of the proposal?

How did I know this was excactly what your post was going to say?

ivankay
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_4233_Rage_Patton_and_the_woman_at_Sasquatch--large-msg-121202890764.jpg

Congratulations over here too.

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
That honeymoon is paler than the KKK.

TomAz
10-11-2008, 11:25 AM
congratulations!

which are you more excited about? getting engaged or hanging with GB?

tl; dr

you missed a great story rick.

mvanwinkle
where is that pic taken?

ivankay
Sasquatch.

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Outstanding! Reading a story like that instantly brightens your day. Top notch man, congratulations.

Boourns
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Letting you do that was awesome enough, but going all out with champagne and shit? Coolest band ever?

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Whoops... I didn't notice the other thread until right now. Sorry. I just went straight in here and typed this. Didn't read anything else. Oh well, at least you have a coles notes version now.

I'm thinking this deserves about 10 threads. No worries.

Boourns
10-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Wait, coles notes?

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 11:28 AM
so is there a tentative date?

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 11:29 AM
search button is your friend josh

Bosco
10-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Josh, you're really something special. I wish you and Becky the most premium future and hope to cross paths with you two again at the next Coachella. Be sure to get that wedding invite to Eugene and the group! Congrats! :)

rage patton
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
What? That flashing part is so not true. That is not fucking cool. She MADE her own Gogol Bordello shirt, and she was showing Euegen the shirt she made. Not flashing him. I hate when people try to make something like this trashy...

C DUB YA
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Sooo cool man - serious congrats.

Boourns
10-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Get married on-stage if they play Coachella next year.

ivankay
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
What? That flashing part is so not true. That is not fucking cool. She MADE her own Gogol Bordello shirt, and she was showing Euegen the shirt she made. Not flashing him. I hate when people try to make something like this trashy...

The youtube clips will take care of that tabloidesque blog. i wonder how many there will be?

TomAz
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
the more i think about this story the more i realize how awesome it is. you are fucking amazing josh.

also, no way Daft Punk would have cooperated with something like this.

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Whoops... I didn't notice the other thread until right now. Sorry. I just went straight in here and typed this. Didn't read anything else. Oh well, at least you have a coles notes version now. Congrats to you both! The other thread brought tears, but this one got the lump in my throat! Very Happy for Both of You!

HunterGather
10-11-2008, 11:35 AM
awwwwwwwwwww

that sounded great!

Boourns
10-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I have a video of the Muse engagement somewhere, and that was before youtube ever came out. But yeah, tell that blogger how things really went down and kick his ass if you must.

Can't wait to see the youtube of this.

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-oHVC8H40

fiyahhh!
10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Are Coles Notes the Canadian version of Cliffs Notes? Either way, awesome story. Congrats and best wishes.

bleep
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
i love how you asked her parents for permission first. a very sweet and cool engagement story.

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
the more i think about this story the more i realize how awesome it is. you are fucking amazing josh.

also, no way Daft Punk would have cooperated with something like this. Wow, but the thought of that pyramid behind them as they said their vows is almost as amazing as his proposal!:thu Josh!:pulseBecky!

HunterGather
10-11-2008, 11:41 AM
spinning something like Digital Love after the proposal would be somthin' kinda epic

rage patton
10-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Mark, Mike, Tom, Frank, Jeff, Rob, everyone from the other thread and everyone else. Thank you guys so much. I really did want to do something special for my girl, and I guess I succeeded.
Tom, to answer your question. I am more excited that I am engaged... but getting onstage with Gogol Bordello, and talking with Eugene Hutz and all the rest the members like they were my friends, just puts this right over the top. They seriously are the coolest guys on earth. I don't know how I could ever thank them.
As for the youtube videos, besides that guy who wants to send me his video, two or three other people told me to look for the youtube videos within the next couple of days.

Deviate_420
10-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Congrats! Wow. How fucking EPIC!!!

bmack86
10-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Congrats Josh, this story is fantastic. You'll get to tell it to your kids someday, and when they ask what a gogol bordello is, well, then you'll have a whole lot more to tell.

gaypalmsprings
10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Happy Caturday !

http://www.curiosities.com/store/graphics/card1992l-f.jpg

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Congrats Josh, this story is fantastic. You'll get to tell it to your kids someday, and when they ask what a gogol bordello is, well, then you'll have a whole lot more to tell.

Josh and Becky's kids will know gogol bordello coming out of the womb

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 11:50 AM
no, but super cereal, gogol HAS to play the wedding

zenidogx
10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
congrats Rage. awesome way to do it.

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I just shared your story with Suffacated and he wanted me to make sure you got his :thu:thu:thu

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I just re-read the story again. If it werent true, I wouldnt have believed it. You know what that was Rage? A PrinceChella Miracle. They've been happening all over the country, and this is no exception. To have everything work out like that so perfectly. Truly amazing. This is one for the books. Mazel Tov!

Geno_g
Congrats...

Courtney
Aw, congrats Josh and Becky! Yay!

Although if anyone ever proposed to me at a Gogol Bordello concert, it would be an automatic no. So it's a good thing Becky likes GB.

wmgaretjax
10-11-2008, 11:59 AM
you are a rockstar Josh. congrats!

rage patton
10-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Bryan, if I have anything to do with it, no kids EVER will have to ask "what a Gogol Bordello is." No, but you are right. This will be a great story to tell my kids.

And Salah, if I can make it happen, I will. THAT would be... unreal. It only costs 20K to book Gogol. Who wants to contribute to the "Get Gogol Bordello to play Josh and Becky's wedding fund"?

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 12:02 PM
all the best, man. you guys 100% deserved it. and talk about your fairy tale proposals... couldn't have gone better!
tell me when the wedding is so I can send a gift!

PassiveTheory
10-11-2008, 12:02 PM
CONGRATS JOSH. YOU ARE THE MAN.

Seriously. I wish you and Becky all the happiness in existence, and now you have an even larger mission ahead of you: getting Faith No More to reunite for the wedding.

menikmati
10-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Congrats Josh. You def have a story to tell over and over, so that's cool.

rage patton
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Actually Lee, after the show Becky said "Aw man, how am I going to one up you now?" I replied "Simple, get Faith No More to play our wedding."

Luka, your coming!

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
And Salah, if I can make it happen, I will. THAT would be... unreal. It only costs 20K to book Gogol. Who wants to contribute to the "Get Gogol Bordello to play Josh and Becky's wedding fund"?

I would help out, but I need $$ for the "Get The Cure to play at Salah and *blank's* commitment ceremony fund"

and nice sig Pilgrim

algunz
10-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Fantastic story, congratulations, and I wish you ALL the best!!!

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
I certainly hope that a flash-in-the-pan gypsy punk bank is a critical factor in the story of how I get engaged.

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Bryan, if I have anything to do with it, no kids EVER will have to ask "what a Gogol Bordello is." No, but you are right. This will be a great story to tell my kids.

I would deffinitly contribute if it came with a wedding invitation.
if 400 people paid 50 bucks it could happen.

PassiveTheory
10-11-2008, 12:12 PM
I certainly hope that a flash-in-the-pan gypsy punk bank is a critical factor in the story of how I get engaged.

I think the only flash-in-the-pan, in your case, will be your performance in the sack.

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Luka, your coming!

dude!!! <3<3<3<3 thank you
we WILL book gogol bordello for your wedding.
I know it can happen.

edit: also, when jill reads this story, she's probably going to "awwwwwww!" so loud the whole neighbourhood will hear, and then tear up a bit, and giggle and jump around. it's seriously the best proposal story ever, ever.

gaypalmsprings
10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I think the only flash-in-the-pan, in your case, will be your performance in the sack.

That's flash in the bed pan. Ha.

shakermaker113
10-11-2008, 12:19 PM
that's fucking awesome.

dude. your kids should just be named 'gogol' and 'bordello'.

miscorrections
10-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Congratulations!

Boourns
10-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Snap

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 12:32 PM

This would be a much better insult if first-hand evidence to the contrary didn't hang out on this board. Let's poll one of the many ladies you've worked your rolling magic on, shall we?

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I think the only flash-in-the-pan, in your case, will be your performance in the sack. Passive gets a standing ovation for this post!

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
This story is just so unbelievably amazing. Karma exists, yesterday is proof.

dnbmunke
10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
rage patton, you sir, kick ass.

Sushov23
10-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Josh congrats man, that is an awesome story. I hope you two are happy together.

rskapcat
10-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Josh, I want to congratulate you and Becky. Marriage is awesome. Best of luck to you guys. Hopefully I can congratulate you two in person at Coachella 09!

Btw, I sent your engagement story to a friend...so sweet! I have a feeling the story will be making its way around Texas. ;)

TommyboyUNM
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Josh you are the man. That is seriously really fuckin cool. What a great story. Good luck with everything and congrats!

Blinken
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats man, that is one of the best engagement stories. :) I wish you and Becky the best, and you do have to get them to play your wedding now.

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 01:12 PM
I certainly hope that a flash-in-the-pan gypsy punk bank is a critical factor in the story of how I get engaged. Knock it off, Randy. How hard is it to congradulate someone? Besides, we already know the only reason you'll ever drop to your knees...

orbit
10-11-2008, 01:16 PM
brokendoll, stop ruining this thread please.

congratulations josh. wish all the best to you and becky. i will see you guys next year at coachella for sure.

Backwater
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
This story would be a whole lot cooler if I liked Gogol Bordello. Congrats anyway though man. Good story.

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 01:20 PM
This was fantastic. Congratulations.

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 01:21 PM
brokendoll, stop ruining this thread please.

congratulations josh. wish you all the best to you and becky. i will see you guys next year at coachella for sure. Sorry Orbit...Maybe you oughta go back over the thread and see why I posted that first...

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 01:22 PM
MissingPerson, we should get married. I mean, why not? you can get me into arcade fire and ill get you into beck/the white stripes. we can eat pretzels and laugh at "weenie bands"

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
sbessiso, I liked your reference to "Princechella" after you heard the news! My first thought after reading it was Cinderella! Very cool, huh?

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 01:26 PM
This makes you the third gay man this week to propose to me, you know that?

I have no idea what that says about me.

Derekx
10-11-2008, 01:26 PM
What an awesome story. Congrats!

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 01:27 PM
This makes you the third gay man this week to propose to me, you know that?

Even through online conversation only I can feel your faghagness. I want to experience it firsthand!

Backwater
10-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Maybe it says you're lame. You don't like the White Stripes? wtf

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
well, for the record I dont know if she likes WS or not, but since AF are her favorite group, I went for my favorite group(s) too

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
This thread seems to have brought out everyone's personalities. Noted.

BROKENDOLL
10-11-2008, 01:35 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE-oHVC8H40&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE-oHVC8H40&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 01:37 PM
I like the White Stripes. I don't love them, and Jack White creeps me out, but I like them.

They ain't no Arcade Fire though. And to be honest, Arcade Fire love is a bigger requirement for me than something petty, like, say, living on the same continent or straightness or knowing my name or what I look like.

That shit, you can work around, but... not seeing the snarky genius of (Antichrist Television Blues).... that's not the kind of foundation I can build a marriage on. I'm sorry, it's just not the way I was brought up.

Backwater
10-11-2008, 01:37 PM
well, for the record I dont know if she likes WS or not, but since AF are her favorite group, I went for my favorite group(s) too

You're making me really wish I could have got up close for WS at roo 07. Who else was playing that day that I didn't want to miss? Keller Williams' WMD's, Feist and/or Tortoise maybe? Damn, I want to see WS again.

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Did I just get rejected? It looks and feels like I just got rejected.

and BackWater, theyre headling Friday next year. If not Coachella, then SOMETHING white stripes is rumbling for 09. The Candy-Cane Gods told me. I honestly cannot tell you what else went on that day, I was at that stage allllll day

Backwater
10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I think it was Tortoise, i really didn't want to miss them, but i really should have because WS was so epic, even from way back

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
No man, not rejected, but you will have to take your place in the big gay queue that I seem to be attracting all of a sudden.

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Although I must say, based on this thread, I think I kinda want to marry Rage Patton.

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 01:46 PM
They ain't no Arcade Fire though. And to be honest, Arcade Fire love is a bigger requirement for me than something petty, like, say, living on the same continent or straightness or knowing my name or what I look like.

tee-hee. Arcade Fire are pretty damn good though. Significant others don't have to love the bands I do (though its a total plus) but they definitely need to love and have respect for good music. If they listen to purely radio bands there are going to be problems if a hasty enlightenment proves unsuccessful.

rage patton
10-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Although I must say, based on this thread, I think I kinda want to marry Rage Patton.

Hehe. You are a sweet girl. But sorry, Becky is the only girl for me. :)

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 01:48 PM
You're in England, right? I cant compete with those British boyz. I'm out.

No shit!

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Romance is so awesome.

Barbara, the ninja
10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! WOW! You are an amazing guy! I teared up as I read your little speech ;_; That's so romantic and awesome. What a great beginning to what will be a beautiful marriage :)

bballarl
10-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Congratulations Josh. That is awesome.

kitt kat
10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Wow. Your fiancee is very lucky to have someone who cares about her this much. This was such a beautiful story.

And yeah, I got kinda jealous :(

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 02:01 PM
So it's true then, girls do find engaged/ married/ gay men more attractive. What is wrong with us?

apostle2
10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm just jealous you found a girl willing to be proposed to at a Gogol show.

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 02:04 PM

Ditto. Lucky man.

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 02:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! WOW! You are an amazing guy! I teared up as I read your little speech ;_; That's so romantic and awesome. What a great beginning to what will be a beautiful marriage :)

Lol my eyes watered up for a second. it was too epic to hold it back.

whynotsmile99
10-11-2008, 02:08 PM
awesome story dude, congrats

bleep
10-11-2008, 02:13 PM
But sorry, Becky is the only girl for me. :)
now that Scarjo's off the market. i kid, i kid. :)

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 02:17 PM
tee-hee. Arcade Fire are pretty damn good though. Significant others don't have to love the bands I do (though its a total plus) but they definitely need to love and have respect for good music. If they listen to purely radio bands there are going to be problems if a hasty enlightenment proves unsuccessful.

It's not even just about the music. I don't need my Significant Other to have exactly the same music taste as me, I can tolerate all sorts of crap from somebody I love.

But not liking Arcade Fire is beyond music taste differences, it's a symptom of dangerously compromised judgement. Not loving Tunnels is exactly the same thing as trying to microwave the dog dry or accidentally boiling one of the kids in the bath. I could love somebody who didn't like Arcade Fire, but I don't think I could ever feel comfortable leaving them unattended.

rage patton
10-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Here are a couple of pictures yesterday, courtesy of Paulb.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/MeEugene.jpg

Yes, I look like a goof.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/MeBackstagPass.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/MeOnStage.jpg

Myself onstage with Paulo, trying organize what is going to happen.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/BeckyMe.jpg

Myself and the lovely lady. After the show,

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/BeckyRing.jpg

The ring. And a guy reaching his hand out to wish me congratulations.

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 02:23 PM
awesome pics, man. I can't believe this actually happened! it's such an awesome, surreal story

I've got a saying:

the couple that listens to beautiful music together, MAKES beautiful music together.

Boourns
10-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Thirded.

paulb
10-11-2008, 02:27 PM

I was the same way... I was at the barricade...knew what was going to happen. But yet, when it actually happened, it was fuckin unreal and mind blowing... Its so great how the audience was going nuts! It woulda sucked if they were like "get off the stage"... but the band were fully behind them...and this couldnt happen to a better couple...

God damn, i cant believe we get to do this again tonight...

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 02:29 PM
omg, I fucking :pulse Eugene like whoa!

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Here are a couple of pictures yesterday, courtesy of Paulb.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/BeckyMe.jpg

Myself and the lovely lady. After the show,

The ring. And a guy reaching his hand out to wish me congratulations.

HOZA!!

That is going to make a really cool framed picture sequence!

And kudos to Paul for helping make it happen and documenting the festivities!

sonofhal
10-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Major congrats are in order, Josh!

jazzz
10-11-2008, 03:04 PM
wow! what an amazing story! I wish both of you the best!!

I now dedicate "Too Much Too Young" lol

TomAz
10-11-2008, 03:24 PM
where's the vodka? where's the marinated herring?

by which I mean you should be sure to have those at your Canadian wedding reception.

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Your girlfriend's name is Rebecca... JOY... MAKEPEACE?

Oh man, get ready for a miserable fucking marriage. That's like marrying Susan Cheerful Noarguments

rage patton
10-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Ever heard of William Makepeace-Thackeray? That is her great, great, great grandfather. Or something like that.

And since when does someone's middle and last name dictate their personality?

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
... nope. Never heard of him. Thanks for the useful information though.

People's names tell plenty about them. Never trust anyone named Sheisty, for example.

Mr.Nipples
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
thats beautiful josh. grow old together and make lots of babies. congrats.

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
And since when does someone's middle and last name dictate their personality?

When they're strippers or superheroes.

You know her better than we do though, so maybe you've already had this conversation.

TomAz
10-11-2008, 03:35 PM
... nope. Never heard of him.

he wrote Vanity Fair.

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Randy has always been a sketchy name

rage patton
10-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks Tom. You beat me too it.

And Nipples, I don't think lotsa babbies is what we have in mind. But a couple might be fun.

suprefan
10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
You're going to name your son Eugene aren't you?

mymy123
10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Salah
Biblical · Male

Mission, sending.

http://www.weddingvendors.com/baby-names/meaning/salah/

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Randy has always been a sketchy name

Indeed.

mymy123
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM
hmm

Randy
German · Male or Female

Form of Randall or Randolph. Wolf-shield.

BROKENDOLL
Just curious, Rage...how and where did you two meet?

rage patton
You're going to name your son Eugene aren't you?

Nah. Maybe middle name though.

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Damn. wolf-shield is kinda cool. I know my name means something in arabic, just cant remember, plus theres another part to my first name but thats secret (unless I told you guys already, really cant remember)

superfiction
10-11-2008, 03:51 PM
CONGRATS JOSH THATS SO GREAT!!!!

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
hey josh- guys should register for your wedding at ticketmaster! get your festival tickets covered for the next half decade!

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM
he wrote Vanity Fair.

Good for him. Doesn't make him a good wife.

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
hey josh- guys should register for your wedding at ticketmaster! get your festival tickets covered for the next half decade!

Good thinking. Do ticketmaster gift certificates exist?

paulb
10-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Good thinking. Do ticketmaster gift certificates exist?

yes they do.

Pixiessp
10-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow!!! that is so amazing. you are one amazing guy. that whole story had me in tears. Congrats to you both.

summerkid
10-11-2008, 05:02 PM
congrats.

luckyface
10-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Congrats and stuff!

indietron
10-11-2008, 05:10 PM
This story pwns... Congrats man!! =) Best wishes to the both of you!

Alchemy
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Excellent news, Rage.

fatbastard
10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
:thu

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Congrats Josh and Good luck...

rskapcat
10-11-2008, 05:58 PM
This must be the weekend for proposals. Two of my best friends (who have been together for 10 years!) are engaged! He carved "Will you marry me?" in a pumpkin. :)

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Did he present it in the pit at a Smashing Pumpkins concert and break it on her head?

If not, the board rules that he is clearly not a romantic.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Duly noted. the board will indeed rule that is not romantic.

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Anyone else think only assholes propose in crowded public situations? I'm sure your girl loved it, Rage--she likes Gogol Bordello and you so she can't dislike much--but I'm just curious if I'm alone in thinking that it's inconsiderate to bring hundreds of strangers into that situation.

luckyface
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't know if I would call it inconsiderate. All I know is I certainly wouldn't want to something like that in front of a bunch of people. But to each their own.

miscorrections
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I just think you have to be 100% sure whomever you're proposing to will say yes.

rskapcat
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Did he present it in the pit at a Smashing Pumpkins concert and break it on her head?

If not, the board rules that he is clearly not a romantic.

Hahaha...nope. Just your garden-variety proposal in an apartment. Jenn would have been mortified if he proposed in public!

emtgreg
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
love takes risk

wait, wtf am i saying, love involves punching!!

FALCON PUNCHING!!!

oh, and congrats rage, that is fucking amazing :)

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
But isn't it unfair to put that extra onus on them while popping the question? And doesn't it seem engineered to achieve more "yes" answers than possibly deserved?

Women like getting married because of the ritual of it. And all the money they didn't earn, that too, but mostly the ritual. They like being excited and making plans and feeling like the center of attention, but the proposal is a moment of fucking truth that needs to be taken seriously and nowadays I think people should be looking harder at the realistic downsides before plunging in. The question isn't something that should get swept up in an emotional anecdote--it deserves time to pause, reflect, and give proper gravamen to the ultimate question:

Is this really the one that I should pack it all in for? How much am I likely to hate this motherfucker after a couple years?

When I propose I kinda hope the girl would say, "Um... I need a couple days to give you a definite answer on that."

clarky123
10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Congratulations Rage. Good luck.

Gogol at Clapham London were great and stole the weekend.

Perhaps Specials at Coach or even Magazine?

MissingPerson
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
As with everything, depends on the girl, depends on the guy; be very, very sure. I still rule "Aww..."

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Of course you do, you're female. Brainless, irrational emotion-feeding monsters.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Of course you do, you're female. Brainless, irrational emotion-feeding monsters.

Truth hurts Randall, you should keep those truths to yourself. It might offend someone.

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2008, 06:32 PM
... oh. Well, I wouldn't want to do that. Offending people is... wrong.

... bitches ain't shit.

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 06:34 PM
As with everything, depends on the girl, depends on the guy; be very, very sure. I still rule "Aww..."

Definitely a case by case situation. It sounds like this was just about perfect for Josh and Becky, so congrats to them. No doubt that they'll treasure last night forever. We should all be so lucky.

Backwater
10-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer for the Used?

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 08:19 PM
trust me. I've met both, and there is really no resemblance.
also, how rude of you! the guy makes the most epic proposal ever, and you compare him to a self-deprecating little turd like the grease-muzzled singer of the world's most emo emo band.

Backwater
10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
It was just a fucking observation. Get the sand out of your vagina.

suprefan
10-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer for the Used?

He doesnt look like Bert Mc Cracken

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Josh and Eugene have a fairly similar facial structure though, especially the chin.

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
^ much more accurate observation, I'd say

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
And the comparison is far less damning :emo

TomAz
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
judging by the facial hair, Eugene has a lot more testosterone.

TomAz
10-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Anyone else think only assholes propose in crowded public situations? I'm sure your girl loved it, Rage--she likes Gogol Bordello and you so she can't dislike much--but I'm just curious if I'm alone in thinking that it's inconsiderate to bring hundreds of strangers into that situation.

you have a career in writing Bud Light ads.

UeQnEqvrkO8

suprefan
10-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Josh needs to grow an epic stache

stinkbutt
10-11-2008, 09:28 PM
"Even if she says no we'll always say yes"

wtf

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Josh needs to grow an epic stache

seconded!

mountmccabe
10-12-2008, 09:58 AM
That is a fantastic story, Josh. Great work on pulling that off. I wish the best to both of you.

rage patton
10-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks John :)

Randy, I actually know what you mean. If I wasn't able to pull this off, I would have proposed to her in a private place. However, this was an extremely special circumstance. I knew 100% she was going to say yes, because we have talked about marriage and stuff before and we both know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. So that wasn't my worry.
If the other night wasn't able happen, my plan was to take her hiking or something, maybe have a picnic alone at the top of the mountain, and ask her up there. That would have been completely private. But since I was able to organize getting onstage with one of my girlfriend... I mean fiancee's... and I's favorite bands and propose, was just to good to be true. I had been working at making this happen for months and the fact that it finally came together and I was able to pull it off, is unreal.
And in regards to your comment earlier about saying unless it is infront of a crowd, it is not romantic, obviously myself and the rest of the board doesn't believe that. I actually think that pumpkin carvings story is incredibly romantic. It shows a lot of care, thought and preparation went into the proposal. That is why I think a lot of the board thinks my proposal was romantic. To be honest, I thought I was being romantic too, and my fiancee sure as hell thinks I was being romantic. The event itself is obviously what it is all about, but its not just the even, its the care, thought, love and preparation for it too which counts.
Those are just my thoughts anyways.

sames44
10-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Randy, I actually know what you mean. If I wasn't able to pull this off, I would have proposed to her in a private place. However, this was an extremely special circumstance. I knew 100% she was going to say yes, because we have talked about marriage and stuff before and we both know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. So that wasn't my worry.
If the other night wasn't able happen, my plan was to take her hiking or something, maybe have a picnic alone at the top of the mountain, and ask her up there. That would have been completely private. But since I was able to organize getting onstage with one of my girlfriend... I mean fiancee's... and I's favorite bands and propose, was just to good to be true. I had been working at making this happen for months and the fact that it finally came together and I was able to pull it off, is unreal.
And in regards to your comment earlier about saying unless it is infront of a crowd, it is not romantic, obviously myself and the rest of the board doesn't believe that. I actually think that pumpkin carvings story is incredibly romantic. It shows a lot of care, thought and preparation went into the proposal. That is why I think a lot of the board thinks my proposal was romantic. To be honest, I thought I was being romantic too, and my fiancee sure as hell thinks I was being romantic. The event itself is obviously what it is all about, but its not just the even, its the care, thought, love and preparation for it too which counts.Those are just my thoughts anyways.

Definitely! Very romantic, my eyes got watery like everyone else's...congrats to both of you!

luckyface
10-12-2008, 10:32 AM
If you and your fiancee liked it, then there is no need to justify it to anyone else.

stuporfly
10-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Congratulations on yr pending nuptials. If you need any advice on how to not fuck up a marriage, don't hesitate to ask.

frozen pilgrim
10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
as I predicted, when jill got home from the restaurant last night, she read the story, and became a whirling dervish of giggling enthusiasm. haha damn you, josh! how will I ever top this! :P

boarderwoozel3
10-12-2008, 11:02 AM
If you and your fiancee liked it, then there is no need to justify it to anyone else.

Yes indeed, 'tis the only thing that counts.

Yablonowitz
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Congratulations Rage - pretty cool way to do it. You kids look happy.

Don't pay any attention (or respond) to anything that Randy says. He doesn't like popular threads in which he is not the center of attention. His narcissism is impossible to control.

Hannahrain
10-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Yablo, yesterday my stepfather saw a bear in Montana, just hanging out at the park across the street from the house he's working on. A bear. Watch your kids and don't send them to the park covered in honey.

Josh, congratulations.

ThomThom
10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
That is a great story Josh, luckily you were able to get a hold of Mr. Hutz in time before the show. I wish all the best to you and Becky on your future together.

HowToDisappear
10-12-2008, 11:21 AM
What a lovely story! Congratulations to you both. May you have a long and happy life together.

rage patton
10-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks Yablo! Haven't seen you around here in a long time, good to have you back. Also, thanks Hannah, Sasha and HowTo.

BROKENDOLL
10-12-2008, 01:08 PM

And in regards to your comment earlier about saying unless it is infront of a crowd, it is not romantic, obviously myself and the rest of the board doesn't believe that. I actually think that pumpkin carvings story is incredibly romantic. It shows a lot of care, thought and preparation went into the proposal. That is why I think a lot of the board thinks my proposal was romantic. To be honest, I thought I was being romantic too, and my fiancee sure as hell thinks I was being romantic. The event itself is obviously what it is all about, but its not just the even, its the care, thought, love and preparation for it too which counts.
Those are just my thoughts anyways. Not only will you remember every anniversary each year, but I'd bet every concert/ fest that you attend will bring back a very special memory of that proposal! I still have goosebumps thinking about it. You both must still be on cloud 9!

full on idle
10-12-2008, 01:29 PM
RESURRECTION

Rage - somebody linked this thread to me and I had to come back to life to tell you that this is the sweetest thing ever and I am so happy for you both and I hope it's an epic beginning to an epic life together. Congratulations.

ASCENSION GOODBYYYYYYYYE

RotationSlimWang
10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Foi, get your wonderfully bitchy ass back to this board immediately. Stop pretending you have a social life--those aren't allowed.

Astrid
10-12-2008, 01:39 PM
A+ congratulations

rage patton
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
RESURRECTION

Rage - somebody linked this thread to me and I had to come back to life to tell you that this is the sweetest thing ever and I am so happy for you both and I hope it's an epic beginning to an epic life together. Congratulations.

ASCENSION GOODBYYYYYYYYE

Thank you Valerie. I appreciate you comming back to give me your regards. It certainly was nice to see you and Yablo on the boards today.

Thank you as well BD. Also, welcome back Astrid. I haven't seen you on here since Coachella.

ivankay
10-12-2008, 02:05 PM
RESURRECTION

ASCENSION GOODBYYYYYYYYE

just like Jesus.

sbessiso
10-12-2008, 02:46 PM
so Rage, you guys don't think you're too young? Like, do you plan on being engaged for a few years or do you wanna get hitched ASAP

suprefan
10-12-2008, 02:49 PM
so Rage, you guys don't think you're too young? Like, do you plan on being engaged for a few years or do you wanna get hitched ASAP

shut it you old hag

rage patton
10-12-2008, 02:50 PM
We are thinking Summer 2010. We both want to finish school, or atleast be close to finishing school when we get married. Also, we are going to start saving immediately to buy our own place. If it all possible, we want to avoid renting and go straight into home owning. We figure by Summer 2010, if we are smart about saving, we could have own modest little place and be done school soon thereafter.
We are also going to have 2 cats. One of which will be named Dr. Flufflesworth.

sbessiso
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
i swear to fucking God you and ThomThom are the same fucking person.

rage patton
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey! None of this negativity here. Chris, what was that all about? Take it elsewhere.

Thanks for you question Salah, it is answered above.

sbessiso
10-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Chris has an intense fascination with me. As of late, it has gotten into *really* creeping territory. The world is so much better out of the closet supre, I promise.

And Josh, you guys seem to have a soild plan. Go you, man. Go you!

Stefinitely Maybe
10-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Congratulations! Lovely story!

bballarl
10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
That was an extremely British post.

karecares
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
i am not a sap at all but i got a bit misty eyed reading that, very sweet and special

congrats

MissingPerson
10-12-2008, 03:45 PM
That was an extremely British post.

Miss Da Stef!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/f2/200px-Arrested_Development_-_Rita.jpg

(This only kind-of makes sense.)

rskapcat
10-12-2008, 03:58 PM
We are thinking Summer 2010. We both want to finish school, or atleast be close to finishing school when we get married. Also, we are going to start saving immediately to buy our own place. If it all possible, we want to avoid renting and go straight into home owning. We figure by Summer 2010, if we are smart about saving, we could have own modest little place and be done school soon thereafter.

My husband and I got married young (I was 20; he was 21), and we certainly didn't have an intelligent plan like you guys! You're definitely on the right track. We've done both (lived in an apartment for the first 7 years; bought a house last year), and owning is infinitely better. You guys are being smart, and I wish you all the best. :)
Oh, we did have the cat thing planned...although one cat turned into five... ;)

boarderwoozel3
10-12-2008, 04:06 PM

Good call all around. From the looks of things you two crazy kids just might make it.

bobert
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Congrats, Rage. That's a hell of a story.

betao
10-12-2008, 07:10 PM
sorry i'm late to the party here,

but damn Josh, congratulations. What a way to do it! Becky is one of the nicest girls i've met and you two are perfect for each other. I'm so happy for you both and wish you the best of luck.

Also, damn you for inadvertently forcing me to think of a cooler way to propose to whomever. Seriously, how am I supposed to top yours? Damnit man, not cool.

:)

congratulations man. see you at coachella!

Trick Loves The Kids
10-12-2008, 07:55 PM
that's so fucking adorable

congratulations dude that's really awesome :)

humanoid
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM

perfectly legitimate question

rage patton
10-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Matt! What have you been up to lately? Thanks for the kind words. I will pass them along to Becky. And you're never too late to join the party.
Thank you Trick and Bobert as well.
Also, rskapcat, its great to hear when young couples make it and do just fine for themselves. Also, we have more pets planned than just cats.

betao
10-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Ah Josh, I have been extremely busy. This weekend we had a huge capoeira (martial arts) event that I played a big role in, and i've been overwhelmed with preparing for it for the past month or so. I'm glad its over so I can finally get back to my somewhat normal life.

This week I'll get to those Madness tunes, I PROMISE!!

gmoneyak
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Damn.. A lil late to this, but, CONGRATULATIONS Josh.

That was an awesome story, you definitely showed alot of brass and determination to pull all that off. I'm glad it went so smoothly.

Gogol were truly awesome to make it happen for you guys like that. Nice fuckin' work!

feather
10-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I teared up. So beautiful Josh! Congrats and I wish you both the best. Looks like all of your planning and waiting around really payed off :pulse!!!

faxman75
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Rage, Congrats! That is so awesome I wish you and yours a lifetime of awesome love! Thanks for sharing with us.

frozen pilgrim
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM

dude, one thing: I beg you from bended knee not to have your wedding conflict with the world cup in 2010- I'm taking jill to south africa to meet my dad's parents/for the world cup. also: I think with two years planning, having gogol there could be more than just a pipedream

woogie846
10-12-2008, 08:40 PM
This is one more reason why Gogol are so awesome.

Coachellian
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
this is such a heart warming, fun and exciting engagement story...i got teary eyed!

congrats!

fasttrack
10-12-2008, 09:07 PM
i just read the story of your proposal. sooooo awesome! congratulations! i hope to see you at at least one more show in seattle before i move back to arizona in february. if not, i'll see you at coachella.

M Sparks
10-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Awwwww...

I'm pretty busy today, so I'll just have to leave it at congratulations. You guys are great and I'm sure this would have been a story worth reading even if you did it at Red Lobster instead of a GB show.

amyzzz
10-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Wow. That was very romantic and very classy. Congrats!

downingthief
10-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Josh, fucking awesome story. Congrats to you both, and endless years of happiness together.

rage patton
10-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks, Marc, Amy and Downing. :) Marc... how did you know Red Lobster was my second choice?

Wait... I haven't heard anything from Ron! Ron, make your way to this thread ASAP!

anti-square
10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Whoa. This is pretty dope. Congrats man!

SFChrissy
10-13-2008, 12:15 PM
that was so beautiful my co worker is wonderin why I am crying!!! Congrats and may you both enjoy eternal love & companionship!!!

tessalasset
10-13-2008, 05:18 PM
I see I am six pages late but Josh that seriously made me tear up. I can't believe how lucky she is to have someone like you. I wish you guys so much happiness. As much as I can on the internets. Congratulations, dude.

Beef Jerky
10-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Awwwwwwwalskdjglaskjdfsdj that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!!! Your fiance is the luckiest girl ever.

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Dude, that's seriously rad. I'm so happy for you guys, that must have been fucking amazing. My fiance proposed to me over the phone while he was playing world of warcraft, and I was smoking in my car parked outside my house. Same night/conversation where he tried to dump me. :/

RotationSlimWang
10-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Dude, that's seriously rad. I'm so happy for you guys, that must have been fucking amazing. My fiance proposed to me over the phone while he was playing world of warcraft, and I was smoking in my car parked outside my house. Same night/conversation where he tried to dump me. :/

Wow. Why are you even bothering with the charade? You're just gonna cheat a bunch of your friends and family out of a whole Saturday, but you will get a lot of gifts out of it.

Four months.

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow. Why are you even bothering with the charade? You're just gonna cheat a bunch of your friends and family out of a whole Saturday, but you will get a lot of gifts out of it.

Four months.

It's been more than 4 months since the propsal, so it's not that hopeless, haha.
He's a great guy, just not overly romantic.

thedevious
10-14-2008, 12:21 AM
It's been more than 4 months since the propsal, so it's not that hopeless, haha.

ouch...

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
ouch...

Don't hate!

thestripe
10-14-2008, 12:24 AM

Not orverly romantic? The guy tried to propose and break up with you over the same phone conversation. Sounds like a regular Don Juan.

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Not orverly romantic? The guy tried to propose and break up with you over the same phone conversation. Sounds like a regular Don Juan.

Shhhhh... It's complicated. >.>

boarderwoozel3
10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
He was really playing World Of Warcraft throughout the breakup turned engagement?

humanoid
10-14-2008, 12:36 AM
more complicated than my mind can comprehend

thestripe
10-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Shhhhh... It's complicated. >.>

The only way to keep a guy that romantic is introduce another girl into the relationship. He'll love you for it. Married for sure. Maybe even propose at a Gypsy punk-rock show. Just say'n.

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-14-2008, 12:41 AM
He was really playing World Of Warcraft throughout the breakup turned engagement?

Sounds like something out of a stoner movie, right?

Anyway, I'm done hijacking this thread. I already feel bad.

RotationSlimWang
10-14-2008, 12:55 AM

I meant the marriage would last four months, dope. I don't doubt that you two will actually get married because if the circumstances of the proposal didn't give either one of you twerps enough "oh hai bad idea" vibes, you're fucked.

paulb
10-14-2008, 01:34 AM
any luck on the youtube vid of the proposal yet? It was too crazy to be there live...

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I meant the marriage would last four months, dope. I don't doubt that you two will actually get married because if the circumstances of the proposal didn't give either one of you twerps enough "oh hai bad idea" vibes, you're fucked.

I know what you meant, I just doubt that'll be the case.

rage patton
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks Tessa, Anti, Chrissy and Beef. :) And Tessa, I feel your internet happiness and I appreciate it.

Thank you too Unicorn. I, uhh, wish you and your fiancee the best. Not gonna lie, your story made me chuckle. If you are still with him, I am sure you have a good reason to be. So again, the best to ya!

Also, still no youtube videos. Also, the guy who told me he was going to send the video still has not sent me the video. Oh well, perhaps it may best kept to exactly how I remember it.

lostsoul86
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
i hate the idea or getting married but you seem happy there is hope for us all out there Congrats man

sbessiso
10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm still trying to get TiVo. Rage has got his shit together son

feather
10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/mirys%20bday/DSC02756.jpg

BlueDevil50
10-14-2008, 10:00 PM
congrats duder...i read this the first night and thought that was awesome how you pulled it off. nothing but love sent your way my friend...here's to many great years with your lady!

Jenniehoo
10-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Congrats, Rage!

magmazing
10-15-2008, 02:16 AM
One of my friends was at that show and got a shot of the proposal. I swiped it from his facebook to share with everyone.

http://www.kickstartmultimedia.com/rage.jpg

UnicornsForBreakfast
10-15-2008, 02:18 AM
How adorable!

paulb
10-15-2008, 02:18 AM
no fuckin way...great pic...it was epic.

JSam67
10-15-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty late to this thread, but way to go, Josh, that's a pretty great story! Happy the two of you had that moment.

rage patton
10-15-2008, 06:27 AM
One of my friends was at that show and got a shot of the proposal. I swiped it from his facebook to share with everyone.

Oh my god! Thank you SOOOOOOO much. That is so awesome! Perfect picture. Tell your friend thank you.

This is an excellent start to my day.

faxman75
10-15-2008, 06:42 AM
I like this thread. I'm normally really bitter and wise crackin' about this kind of stuff but not this time. Awesome that someone got a pic too!

bartelby
10-15-2008, 07:31 AM
i just read this - NICE FUCKING MOVE JOSH

way to raise the bar for everyone else though, that was truly epic....

SFChrissy
10-15-2008, 07:49 AM

http://www.kickstartmultimedia.com/rage.jpgBeautiful!!! Look at all the emotions her face is projecting!!!

rskapcat
10-15-2008, 08:03 AM
I *love* that picture. Becky is soooooo adorable! :)

fatbastard
10-15-2008, 09:51 AM

Nice blouse. Have you consitered what type of cake you'll have at the wedding?

C DUB YA
10-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Vodka cake

betao
10-15-2008, 11:01 AM
nice picture!!

amyzzz
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Somebody gave this thread 1 star. Now that's just mean. (I bumped it up)