PDA

View Full Version : Ask A Scientist

A Scientist
10-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you have questions concerning the wide world of science and nowhere to direct these queries? Well, I'm here to help! Feel free to ask me any question and I'll respond in the order in which I care to. If your question does not get a reply, please try to rephrase it in a less moronic manner.

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
How come the world hasn't collapsed from the Hadron Collider yet?

CalmerThanYou
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Can you please explain the molecular structure of FAIL?

boarderwoozel3
10-10-2008, 04:38 PM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

amyzzz
10-10-2008, 04:40 PM
They haven't turned it on yet. Or whatever you call it.

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 04:42 PM

A woodchuck would chuck all the wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Mr. Dylanja
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
They haven't turned it on yet. Or whatever you call it.

Thank you Professor.

real talk
10-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Scientist, I have two questions:

1. Is there any possibility that California, instead of sinking into the ocean, could float away to be its own continent?

2. I read somewhere on the internet that the theory about plate tectonics and continental drift is false and that the earth is actually expanding like a balloon, what do you think about that?

A Scientist
10-10-2008, 04:45 PM

The Jews ruined it for everyone.

Can you please explain the molecular structure of FAIL?

No.

Roughly 10 gallons.

A Scientist
10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Scientist, I have two questions:

1. Is there any possibility that California, instead of sinking into the ocean, could float away to be its own continent?

2. I read somewhere on the internet that the theory about plate tectonics and continental drift is false and that the earth is actually expanding like a balloon, what do you think about that?

1. Once the entire population of California gets gay married, the state will be drowned in a tidal wave of santorum (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=santorum), which will eventually harden and trap all the residents inside like insects trapped in amber.

2. I'm ok with it if you are.

real talk
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh, I get it. A funny thread.

miscorrections
10-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I remember that the last time any course was called simply 'science' was in seventh grade.

Basically, Scientist, I'm asking if you're twelve.

amyzzz
10-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Or a 7th grade science teacher.

Blinken
10-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Creationism or evolution?

A Scientist
10-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Creationism or evolution?

That's a matter for the individual states to decide. I would advise Tennessee to avoid choosing evolution.

MissingPerson
10-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Scientist,

Who do consider less scientists? Food Scientists or Computer Scientists?

miscorrections
10-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Political scientists.

Blinken
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Doesn't Tennessee disprove both the theory of Evolution and Inteligent Design at the same time?

kreutz2112
10-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Is misregulation of the Wnt signaling pathway in the post-saccular stage fgf8 deficient embryonic mouse lung a direct result of the lack of fgf8 or a secondary result caused by another phenomenon such as improper establishment of extracellular matrix proteins?

Thanks for the prompt response.

A Scientist
10-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Scientist,

Who do consider less scientists? Food Scientists or Computer Scientists?

Unlike normal people, scientists lack discrimination and hierarchies. All are equal in the world of science. Of course, ethnic cleansing is necessary to maintain this balance.

Doesn't Tennessee disprove both the theory of Evolution and Inteligent Design at the same time?

At this time, Tennessee is only an unlikely hypothesis, but if it ends up proving true, it could drastically redefine the way we look at the world.

Is misregulation of the Wnt signaling pathway in the post-saccular stage fgf8 deficient embryonic mouse lung a direct result of the lack of fgf8 or a secondary result caused by another phenomenon such as improper establishment of extracellular matrix proteins?

Thanks for the prompt response.

If you could point me to the Wikipedia entry that addresses your issue, I would be glad to respond to your inquiry in full.

MissingPerson
10-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Unlike normal people, scientists lack discrimination and hierarchies. All are equal in the world of science.

No, this isn't true. I'm a Computer Science student, and we share a building with the Food Science people. The Physicist and Chemists are in the next building, and they mock us as pretendy sciences. You'd think this would unite us, but really, it drives us apart. When the Computer Science and Food Science people meet in the halls, there's tension. We need to establish some sort of pack dominance, or we'll never get anything done.

Our case is that we do actual science things, with circuits and numbers, while they faff around with lumps of old meat all day. But they get to have lab coats, and carry test tubes. Who is more science?

emtgreg
10-10-2008, 05:57 PM
mmmmmm old meat

boarderwoozel3
10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
No, this isn't true. I'm a Computer Science student, and we share a building with the Food Science people. The Physicist and Chemists are in the next building, and they mock us as pretendy sciences. You'd think this would unite us, but really, it drives us apart. When the Computer Science and Food Science people meet in the halls, there's tension. We need to establish some sort of pack dominance, or we'll never get anything done.

Our case is that we do actual science things, with circuits and numbers, while they faff around with lumps of old meat all day. But they get to have lab coats, and carry test tubes. Who is more science?

I enjoyed reading this very much :)

Good luck with those snooty Chem. and Physicist people.

MissingPerson
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I was thinking of just buying a lab coat and walking around in it. I mean, I don't need it, but it's not like they can take it off me if I choose to wear it. It's not like impersonating a police officer, is it?

boarderwoozel3
10-10-2008, 06:02 PM
mmmmmm old meat

You just broke my gaydar.

Speaking of; Scientist, does gaydar exist and can it be used to accurately quantify potential gayness?

emtgreg
10-10-2008, 06:05 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahahahha

A Scientist
10-10-2008, 06:18 PM

There are a wide array of variables that go into determining who is more science, the least of which are far outside the comprehension of a computer scientist.

You just broke my gaydar.

Speaking of; Scientist, does gaydar exist and can it be used to accurately quantify potential gayness?

Gaydar exists naturally in humans in the taste buds.

MissingPerson
10-10-2008, 06:22 PM
There are a wide array of variables that go into determining who is more science, the least of which are far outside the comprehension of a computer scientist.

But they're even further beyond the understanding of mere Food Scientists right? Right?

RotationSlimWang
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
MissingPerson, why the fuck are you studying Computer Science? You assholes always end up sucking at IT.

MissingPerson
10-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Somebody's got to keep those fucking Food Scientists in check.

RotationSlimWang
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
What are you intending to do with the degree?

MissingPerson
10-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Games Development. And also, I need to have it to go and beat my old School Principal with.

sbessiso
10-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Is Yoshi a male or a female?

Mr. Dylanja
10-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Female, she lays eggs.

sbessiso
10-11-2008, 11:31 AM
soo cute!