PDA

View Full Version : Picking up girls/Finding a new girlfriend thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Ok i'm single again as of 2 weeks. The ex is already dating someone new. I'm suddenly in a rush to forget about her. I haven't tried to meet a girl in 4 years so I wanted some good tips. I'm not looking for tips to get one night stands, but tips to get a new girlfriend.

1) I hear grocery stores are great places to meet girls....HOW? What phrases or approaches have you used to meet a girl at a grocery store? How about a check out girl...how is that possible?

2) Bookstore - What is the best method for meeting girls at a borders...geez.

3) Clubs - If i must...Is there a good opening line or something that works a lot? I remember from Blast from the Past "I lost my congressional medal of honor could you help me find it"...I dont' think i could pull that off. Is the simple "How you doin?" the best way to go? How about a group of two or three girls...how does that work?

4)ONLINE dating??? Does anyone do this and is it for real? No clue on this one.

I know this sounds rudimentary, but I've been moving around alot and I don't have a group of friends here that I can meet people through...that's how i usually meet the ladies. Thanks in advance for the tips.

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:17 AM
bar. drunk girls.

1) I hear grocery stores are great places to meet girls....HOW? What phrases or approaches have you used to meet a girl at a grocery store? How about a check out girl...how is that possible?

Nice melons. Make sure she has some in her cart though.

sames44
10-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't know - this thread might get very entertaining

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:19 AM
bar. drunk girls.

Nice melons. Make sure she has some in her cart though.

He said GF material not one night stands. But melons never hurt.

marooko
really, i wish i could give advice. but i cant. ive actually approached maybe 2-3 girls in my life.

i rarely ever have approached women because so many men are fucking idiots. so i figure they'll be like.."whatever motherfucker". so i just dont care to. some how, that comes off as confidence and turns the tables. weird.

RotationSlimWang
Now by "girls," you really mean "guys," right?

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Guys are easy, if you're cute the rest takes care of itself.

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
really, i wish i could give advice. but i cant. ive actually approached maybe 2-3 girls in my life.

i rarely ever have approached women because so many men are fucking idiots. so i figure they'll be like.."whatever motherfucker". so i just dont care to. some how, that comes off as confidence and turns the tables. weird.

In other words, you're a pussy. Sorry but I don't believe that comes off as confidence. Those tables stay right where they are.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:24 AM
It seems like pickup lines etc only really work on women you'd be better off avoiding anyway. But I usually start with a casual hello and then some situationally relevant chit-chat.

ThomThom
10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
You just got out of a long serious relationship... Why in fuck's name would you want another girlfriend this soon? Go hang out with friends, splurge on something, do some of the things you weren't able to do when you were tied down.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
In other words, you're a pussy. Sorry but I don't believe that comes off as confidence. Those tables stay right where they are.

Randy, I think you might have gold here. Offer some insight up..

bug on your lip
10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
let's start simple...

garrett are u a hunk or more of a marooko?

marooko

Not a pussy at all. I'll talk to anyone, I just never "try" to pick anyone up. I don't care for the hassle/game.

RotationSlimWang
My advice is: be less ugly. Until then, stay home.

boarderwoozel3

Yeah. I used to be like that until I got over myself and relized that girls really did like assholes. It's shitty but sometimes you have to play games to get play.

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Everyone likes assholes. Me, case in point. You wussy faggots adore me.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:27 AM
My advice is: be less ugly. Until then, stay home.

You do realize you're a horrible person, right?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
It seems like pickup lines etc only really work on women you'd be better off avoiding anyway. But I usually start with a casual hello and then some situationally relevant chit-chat.

that makes sense, and I'm that kind of person whenever i'm on an airplane. I'm great at airplane situations because you're stuck next to someone and once you say hi they don't have many options but to start talking...if i see a cutie working at the grocery store line can I really just say 'what are you doing for dinner tonight"? prob not.

RotationSlimWang
You do realize you're a horrible person, right?

I know. If I wasn't so pretty I probably wouldn't get away with it.

allyjoy
You just got out of a long serious relationship... Why in fuck's name would you want another girlfriend this soon? Go hang out with friends, splurge on something, do some of the things you weren't able to do when you were tied down.

QFT. Enjoy the freedom for a while. It's been two weeks. Just because she's dating someone does not mean she's more desirable or that she's moved on. It means she's a codependent and can't stand to be with herself so she needs to torture other people with her personality. Look @ the breakup as a "get out of jail free" card & celebrate it. :thu

Hopeless Semantic
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I've never been one to really spit game at a supermarket, but they say that in a field of shopping and retail, a single woman is more likely to be open to an approach. It should always be about confidence and not arrogance. Sometimes the most simplistic approach will open the door and then you can use your wit and charm to further improve your chances.

*Or, if you're hung like a champ...just whip it out and say, "Ta-Daw. This magic stick will erase all your vibration needs."

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Game-playing really irritating though.

fatbastard
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I've had the best luck by never looking at all.

bug on your lip
grrr2222 is avoiding my question

anyone have a pic of this specimen?

garrett222
let's start simple...

garrett are u a hunk or more of a marooko?

definitely not a hunk. I don't work out or anything....kind of a matthew broderick kinda guy..average joe.

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:31 AM

see. how is that being a pussy?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:31 AM
i posted a couple in the 'post your picture thread' a long time ago....wouldn't know how to find them now

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
see. how is that being a pussy?

some dudes never have to lift a finger and the girls come to them...not everyone has that...i'm confident that if i made the attempt i'd have little problem charming someone...it's just the opening and the situation i need to hammer down.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I've never been one to really spit game at a supermarket, but they say that in a field of shopping and retail, a single woman is more likely to be open to an approach. It should always be about confidence and not arrogance. Sometimes the most simplistic approach will open the door and then you can use your wit and charm to further improve your chances.

*Or, if you're hung like a champ...just whip it out and say, "Ta-Daw. This magic stick will erase all your vibration needs."

If all else fails... haha.

But yeah, screw pickup lines, that's so cheesey. It's amazing what a freindly hello will do.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
kind of a matthew broderick kinda guy

this is what you can get then

http://magicmafia.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/01.jpg

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
im not saying im a chick magnet by any means. but like others said, just be simple and confident. say hi.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM

Me too. My lonest and best relationships have come from girls in my classes and neighbors. I've only found drama and trouble at bars/clubs.

wmgaretjax
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I like this thread. You guys are helping me be a better man.

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
arent you in a relationship?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:36 AM
My newest idea is being the designated driver for bar night with work people...I'll offer to drive everyone out to the bars, and then I'll be in good sorts when I talk to the randoms at the bars..SCORE.

boarderwoozel3

OMFG! I just had a massive LOL in the computer lab. A few people just shot me odd looks. Ahahahahahahaaaaa!

vinylmartyr
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=354874#post354874

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
geez how did you find that?! I 'm not schooled in the advanced search.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
My newest idea is being the designated driver for bar night with work people...I'll offer to drive everyone out to the bars, and then I'll be in good sorts when I talk to the randoms at the bars..SCORE.

This doesn't work if you're the shy type. A drink or two acts as a wonderful social lubricant for at times.

clarky123
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
It should, in theory, be simple. Lying about your income works well.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
OMFG! I just had a massive LOL in the computer lab. A few people just shot me odd looks. Ahahahahahahaaaaa!

I knew it would! I had a gigglefest over here too. There's plentyyyy of them on the interwebz

and garett isnt bad looking, he beats marooko thats for sure ;)

sames44
10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
I suspect marooko has better taste in music

vinylmartyr
geez how did you find that?! I 'm not schooled in the advanced search.

I searched for your name inside the picture thread.

Barbara, the ninja
Dude, kick back and enjoy whatever time remains of your youth. Doesn't seem like too much, either. I'm kidding. Hehe.

That's funny how information about her new beau leaked to you :) I'm sure you want her to know you're doing fine without her, too, right? Go skydiving! That'll show her!

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I suspect marooko has better taste in music

oh c'mon, give the guy a break, I :pulse the killers too y'know

boarderwoozel3
How did this turn into an anti-marooko thread?

Anyway, lying about income can get you pussy (I guess, never tried). But honestly, thats way lame.

betao

seriously man. Too soon to get a girlfriend. Getting a replacement just for the sake of having a replacement won't end up well.

It's hard to really tell someone how to get a girlfriend; That kind of stuff just happens on its own. People on here can give you advice on how to approach and talk to a girl, but it all depends on who you are. I'm shy as hell and am usually never the one to initiate conversation with someone; it's just who I am. If I try to be someone different, I become uncomfortable because its just not me, and it shows. I guess it's all about confidence, but it also depends on who you are.

But to me completely honest, you'll probably find your next "girlfriend" when you arent even looking for her. Just my opinion though.

fatbastard
this is what you can get then

I would add this to my signature if I could.

sames44
10-09-2008, 10:41 AM
oh c'mon, give the guy a break, I :pulse the killers too y'know

even that new shit?

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 10:43 AM
yikes, the new song made my ears bleed. I cannot defend it even if I tried

we're just joshing around with marooko

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:43 AM
seriously man. Too soon to get a girlfriend. Getting a replacement just for the sake of having a replacement won't end up well.

It's hard to really tell someone how to get a girlfriend; That kind of stuff just happens on its own. People on here can give you advice on how to approach and talk to a girl, but it all depends on who you are. I'm shy as hell and am usually never the one to initiate conversation with someone; it's just who I am. If I try to be someone different, I become uncomfortable because its just not me, and it shows. I guess it's all about confidence, but it also depends on who you are.

But to me completely honest, you'll probably find your next "girlfriend" when you arent even looking for her. Just my opinion though.

^^
Best advice so far. As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself and you'll find someone who is a much better match.

bug on your lip
10-09-2008, 10:44 AM
dayymmmm garrett

that pic is ........welll........

we got some work to do here

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:44 AM
It should, in theory, be simple. Lying about your income works well.

i'm lucky enough that i use the truth in that department...

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
dayymmmm garrett

that pic is ........welll........

we got some work to do here

No good? what do i need to work on? MY FACE :)

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
i'm getting contacts, and going to hit the gym a little bit.

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
How did this turn into an anti-marooko thread?

Anyway, lying about income can get you pussy (I guess, never tried). But honestly, thats way lame.

seriously. you bitchezzz are just jocking my nuts. get the fuck off. you too salah, dont lie.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
If you are out somewhere and there is a chick you find cute make eye contact and if you notice a spark of interest continue the eye contact and she will eventually come over to you and say hi. That way we feel like we are in control and don't get that creepy pick up vibe.

But for the record I agree with the being single for awhile thing. Don't people just date anymore? Why is it that it is either single or in a relationship, what happened to dating and playing the field?

Barbara, the ninja
10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
A nice wardrobe works wonders too, garrett. If you're gonna play ball you gotta have the right uniform

Barbara, the ninja
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, honestly, relationships are sooo the 90s. You always have to keep your options open. Being in a relationship feels like you're being leashed and suffocated.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
If you are out somewhere and there is a chick you find cute make eye contact and if you notice a spark of interest continue the eye contact and she will eventually come over to you and say hi. That way we feel like we are in control and don't get that creepy pick up vibe.

But for the record I agree with the being single for awhile thing. Don't people just date anymore? Why is it that it is either single or in a relationship, what happened to dating and playing the field?

I'm okay with 'dating'...but I guess I didn't want to be interpreted as looking for one night stands..I'm not going to get serious with some girl I don't have chemistry with JUST to have a girlfriend....but if I meet someone i really like then why not be committed..

I think you are in the minority of girls who would walk over to a guy simply because you made eye contact. Maybe if you both smile at each other...but then I'd go to her anyway..

vinylmartyr
10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm in a relationship and I don't feel leashed or suffocated.

boarderwoozel3
A nice wardrobe works wonders too, garrett. If you're gonna play ball you gotta have the right uniform

Some new threads always made me feel good.

locachica73

There is this guy who hangs out at my local pub who doesn't drink and just hangs out all night waiting for someone to be too drunk to drive. He is creepy, Don't be that guy.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM

Examples?!?! I need more than that...stay away from t-shirt and jeans? button down dress shirt with sleeves rolled up and jeans? Prada sunglasses?

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
There is this guy who hangs out at my local pub who doesn't drink and just hangs out all night waiting for someone to be too drunk to drive. He is creepy, Don't be that guy.

yoooooooooo. thats fucking weird.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Examples?!?! I need more than that...stay away from t-shirt and jeans? button down dress shirt with sleeves rolled up and jeans? Prada sunglasses?

It all depends on where you're going and who you're going after.

amyzzz
10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
That has worked on me several times many, many years ago. I hate pickup lines--I would always get embarrassed.

marooko
and be comfortable in it.

sbessiso
you should go on one of those makeover shows where they buy you a shitload of new clothes and give you really expensive haircuts and spa treatments. damn, I want that

bug on your lip
are u bald/-ing garrett?

garrett222

Yeah that's no good. I'd make conversation with people....Remember Kurt Russell in Grindhouse?? That scene where he eats the nachos and there's a ton of closeups on his mouth and the grease it's awesome how disgusting that was.

HEADSTRUCK

lol

menikmati
I want a gf.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:55 AM
are u bald/-ing garrett?

yeah, i shave it to a zero every morning...but no bic's.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I want a gf.

You'd have tons of girls if you made more cooking episodes and sold them to the FoodTV network.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Like betao said earlier, the best thing you can do is just be yourself. You'll be the most comfortable allowing your best qualities to come out.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm okay with 'dating'...but I guess I didn't want to be interpreted as looking for one night stands..I'm not going to get serious with some girl I don't have chemistry with JUST to have a girlfriend....but if I meet someone i really like then why not be committed..

I think you are in the minority of girls who would walk over to a guy simply because you made eye contact. Maybe if you both smile at each other...but then I'd go to her anyway..

I meant that you should date for awhile, different girls until you find the one you are interested in. Before jumping in. When I divorced my husband I wouldn't even allow myself to be in a relationship for a year. I dated but nothing serious. I needed to learn to be on my own for awhile, although my year has now turned into 5. lol.

Actually there are alot of strong women out there these days that will start the conversation. But alot of men are turned off by strong women I have found. Just be yourself, if your in a music store ask the girl what she is buying or give her some music tips, if your in a book store do the same. I have been approached in the grocery store but it usually creeps me out a little so I have no advice on that one.

Yes I have done the online dating thing, be careful, there are alot of weirdos out there.

bug on your lip
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
ok shaved head.....
good

what kind of women do u like?
be honest

marooko
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
thats a weird question IMO. how many of you have a"type"?

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I bet you're gunna meet your love at Coachella, Garett. You're putting way too much thought/pressure into this. I dunno if it was asked already, but how did you meet your ex? (fuck that skank ho by the way, I never liked her to begin with)

Hopeless Semantic
10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Just put on an overdose of Aqua Velvet and put on your best Member's Only jacket and you're good to go...badda-bing-badda-bing ya know? No seriously, when I splurge on some really nice button downs at Nordstroms, I have had the best of luck haha. Fuck it, if you want a relationship--have one. Some people don't want that sh*t, but the next thing you notice they're in one.

I say do what you want and have fun doing it. If it means a relationship, then great. If it means meaningless sex with Japanese foreign exchange students at your local university...then fine. Someone's gotta Konichi Wa they asses into the American culture. Recognize.

boarderwoozel3
10-09-2008, 11:01 AM

I'm an equal opportunity lover :D

But for whatever reason I date a lot of brunettes, go figure.

locachica73

I think everyone has a type of person they are attracted to, I unfortunatly have a thing for bad boys. But I have found most lasting relationships end up being with the one that you thought wasn't really your type but you hit it off great.

Barbara, the ninja
I'm in a relationship and I don't feel leashed or suffocated.

I'm glad for you.

Haha, are you being sarcastic? Well, your style depends on your body type and disposition in life. Definitely no more gray sweat-colored shirts, though. Whatever that shit's called.

I want a gf.

UHH.... Erik I was serious about my proposal in your cooking thread?!

bug on your lip

type=looks, personality, interests

this isn't your expertise malaka, stand aside

marooko
10-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm an equal opportunity lover :D

But for whatever reason I date a lot of brunettes, go figure.

i hear that. i was talking to my lady about that the other day. i just like females, either we're compatible or not. you can have tats, wear Gap clothes. i dont give a fuck. do we click? thats the issue.

marooko
10-09-2008, 11:02 AM
type=looks, personality, interests

this isn't your expertise malaka, stand aside

dont make me step on you.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
ok shaved head.....
good

what kind of women do u like?
be honest

My ex was extremely nutz with issues..she acted strong and tough to hide how uncomfortable she was in her own skin. She was very into treating a relationship like a business trasaction...everything was about if it was equal or who gave more or did more. These are things I do NOT like or want. We had everything in common as far as music/movies/hobbies, but coudn't communicate for shit. So I'm going to care less about things in common and focus on finding someone where everything comes easily and feels right..we don't have to do everything the same or together, but we must want the other person to succeed and be happy more than ourselves.

Plus, she was 3 inches taller than me...no way i'd ever date someone taller than me again. I guess i'm okay with strong personalities as long as they can still be a girl and depend on someone else for things.., but I'm more attracted to the traditional girl who is confident in herself but doesn't have to show the world.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm glad for you.

Haha, are you being sarcastic? Well, your style depends on your body type and disposition in life. Definitely no more gray sweat-colored shirts, though. Whatever that shit's called.

there was no Sweat on that shirt! I have my sweat under control...but i was at a smashing pumpkins concert so who knows...I guess i'll subscribe to GQ and do whatever they tell me ;)

bug on your lip
10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
So I'm going to care less about things in common and focus on finding someone where everything comes easily and feels right..we don't have to do everything the same or together, but we must want the other person to succeed and be happy more than ourselves.

ok easy.....
if you want to be in a relationship that feels "easy" then u are going to have to wait for the woman to find you.
If you do the hunting now, it will always feel "forced"...

make sense?

SoulDischarge
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Two easy ways to go about it:

http://www.novemlife.com/images/blogSized/pickUpGirls.jpg

or

http://www.literally-blogging.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/thesecret.jpg

vinylmartyr
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm glad for you.

Erik will be staying with me in early November. You guys should hook up then. Maybe we can go to a show.

Barbara, the ninja
10-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Also, how old are you? If you're over 30, I think you gotta start dressing in nicer, more mature clothing. And better shoes. The great thing about being older is that you get to dress more nicely, neh?

Man, I hope you guys will be this helpful when I want to find a boyfriend too!

luckyface
10-09-2008, 11:11 AM

The truth. Seriously, take some time off. You are going to regret it and so will the next girl you try to date. In all honesty, unless you were looking to get out for quite some time, you are probably not ready yet.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:12 AM
ok easy.....
if you want to be in a relationship that feels "easy" then u are going to have to wait for the woman to find you.
If you do the hunting now, it will always feel "forced"...

make sense?

OK find..but I'm allowed to still approach girls and go on dates, correct? If so, then wouldn't i still be 'hunting'? Or would i be sharpening my craft?

Dating is exactly the same as relationship seeking...the only difference would be if you met a great girl and you rejected the possibility of a relationship.

If i wait for her to find me then that indicates i go out and drink at bars and hang out in bookstores and such..and ignore all women and that seems silly...

Young blood
10-09-2008, 11:12 AM
confidence.

vinylmartyr
10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
cocaine

locachica73
10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
OK find..but I'm allowed to still approach girls and go on dates, correct? If so, then wouldn't i still be 'hunting'? Or would i be sharpening my craft?

Dating is a job interview with beer. Practice, Practice, Practice.

garrett222
The truth. Seriously, take some time off. You are going to regret it and so will the next girl you try to date. In all honesty, unless you were looking to get out for quite some time, you are probably not ready yet.

I was looking to get out the last 6 months of the relationship..my job had moved me away from where she was...so we saw each other once a month at best and fought every time we saw each other...

Barbara, the ninja
Erik will be staying with me in early November. You guys should hook up then. Maybe we can go to a show.

Hee hee, I'm actually shy in real life. I only talk big on the internetz ._.

TommyboyUNM
10-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Alright. Here's the thing that I've discovered that works the best. When you first meet a woman, talk to her like you've known her all your life. Don't be afraid to joke around and DO NOT be timid. If you have self-confidence issues, women can sense that shit right away. And don't kiss their asses right away. Most sane women don't like guys who are all up on them 24/7. Sounds like games, but they're just little things to get you in the door. Oh and smile a lot when you're talking to them. But not a creepy smile. Practice in mirror. Lol.

As far as WHERE to meet women. I'd say no to the bar scene. I think the odds of finding something that can lead to anything meaningful are very low. If you're looking for some ass then that's the way to go. But you said you aren't, so I would avoid bars and clubs. You said you did your best when you met women through friends, so make some new friends where you live. Then you have the pipeline all over again.

I've never been the online dating type, but I thought I'd give it a try back in August. I was tired of meeting women the conventional way because it was such a craps shoot. I actually met the girl I'm dating now through eharmony. I never thought I would "resort" to that, but it's not really anything bad. It actually was a good way to sift through all the women who I had nothing in common with. I'm hitting it off really well with this one, so I'm glad I signed up for that. If you go through a web site, you still have to have a personality at some point. It's just a screening process, really.

Oh. If you think she's a little shy then wait until the 2nd date to pull out your penis. That's all.

locachica73
There is the first mistake, refuse to fight, debating is ok but once it becomes a yelling match walk the fuck away.

bug on your lip

Dating is exactly the same as relationship seeking...the only difference would be if you met a great girl and you rejected the possibility of a relationship.

If i wait for her to find me then that indicates i go out and drink at bars and hang out in bookstores and such..and ignore all women and that seems silly...

if you like books go to bookstores...
you'll need conversation topics

bars tend to get you a mrs. right now not a deep relationship

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 11:19 AM

let the boys do the talking, you just show up and be cute :)

see, this is how you find someone. you go into someone else's "i want a girlfriend" thread and steal their thunder. that's how life works. the person who wants the boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't get them, but their shy, cute friend does. represent. :p

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I love how this has already gotten to four pages, classic.

sbessiso
I love how this has already gotten to four pages, classic.

4 pages ON TOPIC. I need it to get derailed already

kreutz2112
I almost picked up a a stripper last night. True story.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:22 AM

i made out with a stripper once.

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:22 AM

You could derail it by posting really awful gay fanfiction or something.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
I sat and had a long in depth conversation with a stripper once... oh wait, thats not as cool.

SoulDischarge
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
But far more rare.

bug on your lip
Fro
GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE

menikmati

Yeah I'll be in LA during and after my bday staying with jeff and dani....not sure for how long, but we can hang out.

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Fro
GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE

Porque?

menikmati
I'm shy too...

Barbara, the ninja
let the boys do the talking, you just show up and be cute :)

see, this is how you find someone. you go into someone else's "i want a girlfriend" thread and steal their thunder. that's how life works. the person who wants the boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't get them, but their shy, cute friend does. represent. :p

Hehe, aw you discovered my ulterior motive! Oops!

You guys are lame. Who HASN'T made out with a stripper? Really.

garrett222
Yeah I'll be in LA during and after my bday staying with jeff and dani....not sure for how long, but we can hang out.

Dani psychic friend???? You know her personally? I want the story of how that happened.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Hehe, aw you discovered my ulterior motive! Oops!

You guys are lame. Who HASN'T made out with a stripper? Really.

What type of guys do you like to date?

psycobetabuckdown
10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Can't you just go to Coachella, watch some obscure band, stand next to target girl, and casually bring up music? Then you can invite her to In-N-Out that night, and you're set.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Hopefully for Menik you like Nirvana.

luckyface
10-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I was looking to get out the last 6 months of the relationship..my job had moved me away from where she was...so we saw each other once a month at best and fought every time we saw each other...

Honestly, this sounds very similar to my last relationship before I met my wife. We hung on for an entire year though before giving up, as opposed to 6 months. I took about 4 months off from dating after we broke up. And I have to tell you, those 4 months were some of the best of my life. The perfect remedy to all of this is to just go out there and not concern yourself with getting locked into another long term relationship right now. Reconnect with friends and family, hang out with friends on the weekend, travel, etc. Find yourself and make sure you know what it is you need for a relationship to fully last. Use the last relationship as a learning experience and build on that.

Let the dating thing come back to you naturally. It sounds like you have been out of the game for quite some time. Maybe you should consider using the whole online dating thing to re-establish yourself. It helps to build up confidence that you will be able to date in today's world. After you have done that (and if you decide you do not want to go that route), then you should be at least adequately prepared to hit the dating scene full force.

Oh, and make sure that you listen to the Killers' Human song on repeat. That will help immensely.

kreutz2112
i made out with a stripper once.

yeah, my friend did last night. You have to realize though, I live in Utah and we only have one fully nude strip club and it's like way north of my hood so we had to settle for pasties and g-strings last night. I still dont know where my friend is that kissed the stripper. He got got kicked out of the second bar we went to and he wouldn't get in my car. His phones dead right now and he had work at like eight. Which means he's either at the strippers house, in jail, dead, or at work. I think he walked home, which is like 20 miles from where we were.

bug on your lip
ninja looks for:

green

buglike

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Can't you just go to Coachella, watch some obscure band, stand next to target girl, and casually bring up music? Then you can invite her to In-N-Out that night, and you're set.

Doesn't work like that. Or at least the "dance with a cute Canadian chick during Hot Chip" version of which doesn't lend itself to getting the desired result.

locachica73
But far more rare.

She was sitting on my lap in her thong and bra though so not quite as rare I suppose. I just didn't really want the lap dance so we talked.

amyzzz
Coachella is 6 months from now.

garrett222

I noticed your upcoming shows you don't say you have a job. Why not? Did you go to college? What did you do before you were unemployed?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Honestly, this sounds very similar to my last relationship before I met my wife. We hung on for an entire year though before giving up, as opposed to 6 months. I took about 4 months off from dating after we broke up. And I have to tell you, those 4 months were some of the best of my life. The perfect remedy to all of this is to just go out there and not concern yourself with getting locked into another long term relationship right now. Reconnect with friends and family, hang out with friends on the weekend, travel, etc. Find yourself and make sure you know what it is you need for a relationship to fully last. Use the last relationship as a learning experience and build on that.

Let the dating thing come back to you naturally. It sounds like you have been out of the game for quite some time. Maybe you should consider using the whole online dating thing to re-establish yourself. It helps to build up confidence that you will be able to date in today's world. After you have done that (and if you decide you do not want to go that route), then you should be at least adequately prepared to hit the dating scene full force.

Oh, and make sure that you listen to the Killers' Human song on repeat. That will help immensely.

I want to make out with your avatar.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 11:32 AM
you COULD just swing by and play for the other team, I guarantee you'll get mas sexo

CalmerThanYou
I almost raped a stripper last night. True story.

fixed.

;)

psycobetabuckdown
Coachella is 6 months from now.

can't force love...okay, well it would work at any show - two people watching the same band, you already have something in common. Just find the girl who's also by herself.

Barbara, the ninja

Hee hee, sure :) Call me up :)

Boys who like to cook!

and insects :)

faxman75
Wow nice, 5 pages in 75 minutes.

psycobetabuckdown
10-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I noticed your upcoming shows you don't say you have a job. Why not? Did you go to college? What did you do before you were unemployed?

Yeah, just got out of college, the only thing I would do with a job is spend it on concerts and my gf anyway. And I'm still not technically finished with my degree.

I worked at a library during college, and over the summer I was a copy writer for about a month.

TommyboyUNM
10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I want to make out with your avatar.

Or you can use that pick-up line and get non-stop ass. Haha.

psycobetabuckdown
10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Wow nice, 5 pages in 75 minutes.

Good thread, good title, well done garrett

Barbara, the ninja
10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, just got out of college, the only thing I would do with a job is spend it on concerts and my gf anyway. And I'm still not technically finished with my degree.

I worked at a library during college, and over the summer I was a copy writer for about a month.

Wow way to rub salt on the wound.

luckyface
10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Hee hee, sure :) Call me up :)

Good job, Erik! Nice catch!

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Agreed.

Young blood
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Use the coachella message board to connect with single people.

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Good thread, good title, well done garrett

Yeah you never know what's going to spark interest...my shawshank vs. the shining poll is stagnant.

Should I lead off to girls saying "i'm the guy behind the guy behind the guy"?

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:43 AM

Is your mother still free tonight?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Good job, Erik! Nice catch!

see, i participated in the 'get erik a girl' moment on the board.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 11:46 AM

horrible idea

Young blood
10-09-2008, 11:47 AM
TAKIN IT TO MYSPACE!!!!

psycobetabuckdown
10-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah you never know what's going to spark interest...my shawshank vs. the shining poll is stagnant.

Should I lead off to girls saying "i'm the guy behind the guy behind the guy"?

I've only seen the former, although I've seen parts of the latter. Very different films though.

No, just body check your way through the crowd, everyone does that anyway.

Boourns
10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Is your mother still free tonight?

Snap.

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:51 AM
But yeah, on topic, once you get past the 9 month mark, the whole "desperately wanting to be with someone else" kind of phase ought to pass.

psycobetabuckdown
10-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Wow way to rub salt on the wound.

Hey, his problem was finding girls, not finding a job. Unless I missed something.

TomAz
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM

I know of 5 couples that met this way.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2008, 11:53 AM
But yeah, on topic, once you get past the 9 month mark, the whole "desperately wanting to be with someone else" kind of phase ought to pass.

so, how long HAS it been, passive? :p

real talk
10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
read only first page of thread but:

I like this thread. You guys are helping me be a better man.

I'm not going to try to tell you that I'm different from all the rest.

I've been subject to the same de-structure of desire and I've felt the same effects;

I'm a hetero-sexist tragedy. And potential rapists all are we.

But don't tell me this is natural. This is nurturing. And there's a difference between sexism and sexuality.

I had different desires prior to my role-remodelling. And at six years of age you don't challenge their claims. You become the same. (Or withdraw from the game and hang your head in shame).

I think that's exactly what I did. I tried to sever the connections between me and them.

I fought against their further attempts to convince a kid that birthright can bestow the power to yield the subordination of women and do you know what patricentricity means?

I found out just a couple of days/months/years/minutes ago. It means male values uber alles and hey!

Whaddaya know... sex has been distorted and vilified. I'm scared of my attraction to body types.

If everything desired is objectified then maybe eroticism needs to be redefined. And I refuse to be a "man".

marooko
10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
There is the first mistake, refuse to fight, debating is ok but once it becomes a yelling match walk the fuck away.

amen. fuck that arguing shit.

yeah, WTF?!

I sat and had a long in depth conversation with a stripper once... oh wait, thats not as cool.

we almost hired a hooker to dance in the dance off at my friends party 2 years ago. we didnt want her house to get broken in to later on though.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
real talk, I didn't understand that. Probably because it was deep.

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 11:59 AM
read only first page of thread but:

I'm not going to try to tell you that I'm different from all the rest.

I've been subject to the same de-structure of desire and I've felt the same effects;

I'm a hetero-sexist tragedy. And potential rapists all are we.

But don't tell me this is natural. This is nurturing. And there's a difference between sexism and sexuality.

I had different desires prior to my role-remodelling. And at six years of age you don't challenge their claims. You become the same. (Or withdraw from the game and hang your head in shame).

I think that's exactly what I did. I tried to sever the connections between me and them.

I fought against their further attempts to convince a kid that birthright can bestow the power to yield the subordination of women and do you know what patricentricity means?

I found out just a couple of days/months/years/minutes ago. It means male values uber alles and hey!

Whaddaya know... sex has been distorted and vilified. I'm scared of my attraction to body types.

If everything desired is objectified then maybe eroticism needs to be redefined. And I refuse to be a "man".

So, wait, I got lost amid all that drivel, but did you say that you raped somebody? Fucking sicko.

--to Ivy: It's been over a year.

marooko
10-09-2008, 11:59 AM
thats real talk faxman.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
amen. fuck that arguing shit.

Yeah, during my recent but brief reconnection with the ex he would try to start an argument about some stupid shit and I would grab my shit and start to leave. He would get all mad... What, I am not worth a 5 minute arguement? Fuck no he wasn't. Then he would kiss ass after that. I am too old for that shit.

captncrzy
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
So, wait, I got lost amid all that drivel, but did you say that you raped somebody? Fucking sicko.

--to Ivy: It's been over a year.

Doesn't it shivel up and fall off if you don't use it?

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:01 PM
the only pickup lines that have ever worked on me have been the kind that were so ridiculously ridiculous i was just impressed they managed to get that out there. and in any case they never really worked in the long run.

i only ever end up talking to guys if i immediately assess them as intelligent or amusing. haha no pressure. basically im saying dont open up the conversation being cliche or a sleeze, start by saying hello, and then talk about something of interest. ive randomly ended up in hour long conversations with people because they mentioned something obscure that we were both interested in. its easiest with music seriously, if a cute rocker chick is wearing some awesome shirt for a band your also into, well youre fucking in man.

and as for the trying to pick up girls at work, i would advise against that four square. if i am ringing up a guy that i think is cute then I WILL flirt with him, usually at work im not in any kind of mood to deal with lurker douches.

PassiveTheory

Is that what Rick told you?

marooko

oh im sure it gets used, just not by other people.

smack.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Personally, i'm bitter. I got out of a 4 year relationship and have almost zero interest in pursuing another. I started using the fight club mantra "We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."

Something about revelling in the freedom now. i would not have had the time I had at Coachella this year had I not been alone. i would not have gone to europe this year had I still been with my ex. I love the freedom.

Watch the amazing race. I feel sorry for people in relationships. That's how I know i'm bitter. I figure at this point alone is perfect, work out my issues, insecurities, appeance, priorities in life and once i've figured all that shit out then maybe i'll let someone fall into my lap.

captncrzy

I don't think he's ever gone long enough to find out.

faxman75

No, thank god. lol

locachica73
Don't date people you work with. If it doesn't work out then you still have to face the person each day. Don't shit where you eat.

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM

no but your virginity DOES grow back. seriously.

captncrzy
Personally, i'm bitter. I got out of a 4 year relationship and have almost zero interest in pursuing another. I started using the fight club mantra "We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."

Something about revelling in the freedom now. i would not have had the time I had at Coachella this year had I not been alone. i would not have gone to europe this year had I still been with my ex. I love the freedom.

Watch the amazing race. I feel sorry for people in relationships. That's how I know i'm bitter. I figure at this point alone is perfect, work out my issues, insecurities, appeance, priorities in life and once i've figured all that shit out then maybe i'll let someone fall into my lap.

You're very mangry. Here, have a lollipop:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3917/lollipop2ls4.jpg

sbessiso
I cant even keep up with posts anymore

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
and as for the trying to pick up girls at work, i would advise against that four square. if i am ringing up a guy that i think is cute then I WILL flirt with him, usually at work im not in any kind of mood to deal with lurker douches.

Ouch, slowly walking back to my cubicle.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
You're very mangry. Here, have a lollipop:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3917/lollipop2ls4.jpg

Nice. I think i'm in love but it makes me kind of nervous to say so.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
You're very mangry.

Bitter, the word is bitter. :)

garrett222
horrible idea

Ha! you're the perfect example of why its a great idea.

sbessiso

:pulse!!

When he did that song the second night, I had to close my eyes for half of it and just have it wash over me. It was so beautiful

TommyboyUNM
10-09-2008, 12:06 PM
the only pickup lines that have ever worked on me have been the kind that were so ridiculously ridiculous i was just impressed they managed to get that out there. and in any case they never really worked in the long run.

i only ever end up talking to guys if i immediately assess them as intelligent or amusing. haha no pressure. basically im saying dont open up the conversation being cliche or a sleeze, start by saying hello, and then talk about something of interest. ive randomly ended up in hour long conversations with people because they mentioned something obscure that we were both interested in. its easiest with music seriously, if a cute rocker chick is wearing some awesome shirt for a band your also into, well youre fucking in man.

This is true on all points. Don't use "lines". Just talk to them like you've known them for years. If you're comfortable then they'll likely be more comfortable.

And is Astrid your real name? The only Astrid I know is my 2-year old niece. I love that name.

faxman75

When he did that song the second night, I had to close my eyes for half of it and just have it wash over me. It was so beautiful

word...

Astrid
Ouch, slowly walking back to my cubicle.

nahh its totally different with co-workers. the co-worker flirting game is a necessity for a happy workplace :)

im talking about the 45 year old lurkers that think asking me about my favorite erotic films while i am renting them ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS for their fucking kids standing three feet away messing up ALL THE FUCKING CANDY. basically.

/rage.

locachica73

That L word is EVIL. I was talking to a guy recently and he called me one morning to wake me up and said "good morning love". I nearly had a stroke and had to inform him that even in a joking manner the L word was off limits.

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I've definitely had that feeling as of late.

I'm such an awkward kid.

real talk
Not a lot of Propagandhi fans in the house, I see. I'll leave the thread to it's titty-gaping.

Astrid
This is true on all points. Don't use "lines". Just talk to them like you've known them for years. If you're comfortable then they'll likely be more comfortable.

And is Astrid your real name? The only Astrid I know is my 2-year old niece. I love that name.

no. it was a temporary name for a long time. i love it as well. its from a book.

PassiveTheory
10-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Not a lot of Propagandhi fans in the house, I see. I'll leave the thread to it's titty-gaping.

STOP THE RAPE.

faxman75
nahh its totally different with co-workers. the co-worker flirting game is a necessity for a happy workplace :)

im talking about the 45 year old lurkers that think asking me about my favorite erotic films while i am renting them ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS for their fucking kids standing three feet away messing up ALL THE FUCKING CANDY. basically.

/rage.

Ahh now you have a point. I didn't know video stores still existed. :D

garrett222

I think this all rings very true...but you still DATE don't you? Or do you avoid girls all together? I am definitely planning on perfecting my style, body, and attitude along with any mental issues I may or may not be aware of at this point. I'm focusing on passing the cpa exam then going to get an mba...i bet at college i'd find the right girl! and younger too...i'd love some girl 6-8 years younger.

marooko

you should just leave all together.

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
i wouldnt grant blockbuster the decency of being labeled a video store, but yeah...they do.

real talk
10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
you should just leave all together.

I remember when that's all anybody ever said to you, Marooko. Has this board turned you into a hater?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM

what is this referencing?

luckyface
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I think this all rings very true...but you still DATE don't you? Or do you avoid girls all together? I am definitely planning on perfecting my style, body, and attitude along with any mental issues I may or may not be aware of at this point. I'm focusing on passing the cpa exam then going to get an mba...i bet at college i'd find the right girl! and younger too...i'd love some girl 6-8 years younger.

Seriously, if you are going back to school, there will be lots of opportunities to date. There are lots of women in MBA programs who are also looking for their MRS degree.

marooko
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
no, i mean it with love. i would never seriously ask anyone to leave. or tell for that matter. as a token of my friendship, i would like to offer you some of my rectal itch.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM

v6yQVPT7hrE

TomAz
10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
http://hunch.se/stuff/free_candy.jpg

real talk
10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
as a token of my friendship, i would like to offer you some of my rectal itch.

I couldn't possibly.

Boourns
10-09-2008, 12:13 PM
"We're sorry, this video is no longer available."

faxman75
I think this all rings very true...but you still DATE don't you? Or do you avoid girls all together?

Christ, well here we go. Umm no. I don't. I don't date currently. I have not been on a date in the last year since the relationship ended. It's pretty much entirely by choice. I'm awkward about it, i'm self conscious about myself in many ways. I need a lot of work. I have turned all of my insecurities into jokes so I don't take a lot of serious things in my life as serious as I need to. I'm 'a fucking wreck at the moment I guess but i'm numb to it all.

I'm 33 but feel like i'm oh about 22. Dr. Drew would chalk some of this up to my marijuana use. I'm codependant as well. It's dangerous. I think some of this comes off as well in my message board personality. I really just recently started looking into this and actually admitting these things to myself so it's a little weird. I'm starting to learn that most of my issues stem from the insecurities maybe. I dunno, like I said i'm barely at the tip of the old iceburg.

amyzzz
no but your virginity DOES grow back. seriously.
If a woman doesn't use it, she can lose it, meaning she can't do it anymore. A professor in college told my class that (Human Sexuality class). I'm not sure if it has to do with moisture or skin or what.

marooko
please do. i insist.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM

My line "I think i'm love but it makes me kinda nervous to say so" Beck.

real talk
10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
please do. i insist.

Well, if there's one thing I can't get around, it's your insistence.

sbessiso

fixed

hey, uhh, marooko, how generous are you feeling with that rectal itch

marooko
so who's alias are you?

real talk
10-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm Batman.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Christ, well here we go. Umm no. I don't. I don't date currently. I have not been on a date in the last year since the relationship ended. It's pretty much entirely by choice. I'm awkward about it, i'm self conscious about myself in many ways. I need a lot of work. I have turned all of my insecurities into jokes so I don't take a lot of serious things in my life as serious as I need to. I'm 'a fucking wreck at the moment I guess but i'm numb to it all.

I'm 33 but feel like i'm oh about 22. Dr. Drew would chalk some of this up to my marijuana use. I'm codependant as well. It's dangerous. I think some of this comes off as well in my message board personality. I really just recently started looking into this and actually admitting these things to myself so it's a little weird. I'm starting to learn that most of my issues stem from the insecurities maybe. I dunno, like I said i'm barely at the tip of the old iceburg.

I was the same way when my ex husband left. Alot of it had to do with the way he talked to me while married. Nothing was ever good enough, nothing I did was right, everything I thought was wrong and I was stupid for having certain emotions according to him. So after he left I had very little self esteem and didn't even want to go out in the dating world. It took me awhile to get past that and I still have my moments. But I have known girls thinner and prettier who now have lower self esteem then I do. So I think everyone has some issues with this at times. If not then there is something wrong with them, not us. lol

Young blood
I am Iron man.

Hopeless Semantic
In my hood, all you have to do to draw out the golddiggers is play T.I.'s Whatever You Want loud...swear it brings all the hoodies out to prowl. Some Ghetto Cougars, too!

marooko
fixed

hey, uhh, marooko, how generous are you feeling with that rectal itch

i dont take requests.

marooko
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm Batman.

if i call it, would you fess up?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I was the same way when my ex husband left. Alot of it had to do with the way he talked to me while married. Nothing was ever good enough, nothing I did was right, everything I thought was wrong and I was stupid for having certain emotions according to him. So after he left I had very little self esteem and didn't even want to go out in the dating world. It took me awhile to get past that and I still have my moments. But I have known girls thinner and prettier who now have lower self esteem then I do. So I think everyone has some issues with this at times. If not then there is something wrong with them, not us. lol

Well, on both points...stop the drug use!!! this will only keep you in the rut you're in forever.....let me say that again...FOR-EV-ER.

I think if we belive that we are awesome and you truly do then it wont matter who rejects you or whatever they say can't bring you down. That's when you become IRON MAN. If you approach a girl in a positive easygoing way and she says you aren't cute enough or don't make enough money then you can walk away happy and not shattered.

thestripe
10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
real talk is shaking things up. Real talk listen, if you so rudely interrupt the monkeys talk of farts, boobs, and anal love, they get upset.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, on both points...stop the drug use!!! this will only keep you in the rut you're in forever.....let me say that again...FOR-EV-ER.

I think if we belive that we are awesome and you truly do then it wont matter who rejects you or whatever they say can't bring you down. That's when you become IRON MAN. If you approach a girl in a positive easygoing way and she says you aren't cute enough or don't make enough money then you can walk away happy and not shattered.

drug use??? I smoke the occasional pot (ok a little more occasionally then I use to but still). And I wouldn't go straight to awesome but I do know who I am and what I have to offer in a relationship. I don't approach many girls but if I approached a guy and he thought I wasn't cute enough or make enough money I would tell him to go fuck himself in the nicest possible way. But that is just me. I am much happier in my own skin than I was a few years back.

Cherita Chen
I want be Garrett girlfriend

Astrid

more like...."We're sorry but everyone who works here is so blatantly incompetent that we don't know where this video is...."

PassiveTheory
What about Donnie?

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
more like...."We're sorry but everyone who works here is so blatantly incompetent that we don't know where this video is...."

no its cuz I got it from the official youtube channel or whatever and they dont let you put it on other sites

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
nah im still talking about blockbuster...hahah oh me oh my....

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
whoopsie daisy

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
i need to write a paper. fuck me. meh.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
i'll need to see a picture first

Cdubby
10-09-2008, 12:37 PM
i have not read all 8 pages of this thread so i dont even know if its still on topic, but........

i usually get whore/slut types at bars and parties, which i dont mind at all, but i really want something deeper, so im not much help at all. i know though some girls in class, i just feel like once they see my facebook or talk to some people they are going to be completely turned off to any relationship with me lol.

then again ive never tried for something deeper in a long time, and when i do i have success its just i get completely turned off to the idea of being in a relationship about 3 weeks in. so basically im all confused and shit.

Hopeless Semantic
10-09-2008, 12:38 PM
The worst part is...when you get a girl and you find out her friend, who is 10x better, likes you. Unless you can pull off the trifecta, you're pretty much kicking yourself until the next one comes along.

PC-2 Violence
Listen bro. As far as just walking right up to a chick walking down the street and stopping her dead in her tracks with some one-liner, that will never work for you. It hardly works at all so quit trying to wrap your head around it.

What you need is the right surroundings and the right attitude.

You also will find more girls when you are not exactly looking for girls. You should concentrate on doing something in your own life that will benefit you, and the girls will see that and be attracted to it. Girls love ambition and they also love guys who can express themselves thru art.

I will also say that grocery stores are great places to meet girls, but not your local fucking Food City or Ralph's. Go to a Trader Joe's or a Sprouts to find more organic hottie little cuties. They are always there and they are of a high caliber.

I think you are just upset that you girl moved on so fast, they always do that. Start ignoring her and only concentrate on yourself. Fight all urges to send any type of communication...don't text even if you think its for something harmless or to "just see how your doing". Make her guess at what you have been up to and eventually you will get to the point where you are not doing good things in spite of her anymore, you are only doing them for yourself.

BlackSwan
wow, this thread grew fast... and i only read the first page, so on that note...

I know. If I wasn't so pretty I probably wouldn't get away with it.

pretty? you look like the douchebag you are... you get anyway with it because you sell people drugs and spit so much shit out of your mouth that some of it ends up not stinking as much as the rest.

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
i'll need to see a picture first

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/riversmylover33/frankenstein1935szd.jpg
this is who is currently fucking me.
5pgshaventstarteddueat4fuckingmeintheass.

sonofhal
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM

This i know not to be true.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I cant compete with that!!

and whats the topic?

Astrid
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
i havent really read the prompt yet exaaaaaactly but its basic shot analysis. its actually a fun and easy paper, which is why i put it off, also because im a lazy fuckface.

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Salah, the topic is chicks...not the ones with dicks... ;)

Rap/rock Is Life
10-09-2008, 12:44 PM
crash a few NA meetingz. da fine onez usually be underage bitchez, tho. jus watchout.

Cdubby
10-09-2008, 12:44 PM
lol

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Salah, the topic is chicks...not the ones with dicks... ;)

I'm rolling with the punches, I even pretend flirted with Astrid! what more do you want??

fourty oz
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
every1 knows all u need 2do is get VIP in the clubs get a few bottles haha

and ladies hit up ya brotha kenney wit them pics

one

garrett222
I can also look to bait a girl into my life by offering my second NIN ticket...5th row center...that's like driving a BMW.

TommyboyUNM
I'm rolling with the punches, I even pretend flirted with Astrid! what more do you want??

Why you so gaaaaay. Is it the drugzzz? :)

faxman75
lol nothing Salah, just continue to be you. :)

faxman75
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I can also look to bait a girl into my life by offering my second NIN ticket...5th row center...that's like driving a BMW.

Have you seen my tits yet? Oh wait, I already have tickets.

sbessiso
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I missed something. Isn't Astrid a girl?

we've reached the point where everyone's aliases are posting now

bmack86
so, yeah, don't try to pick up on people who are working retail unless they seem to show interest first. Remember, they're WORKING and not necessarily looking for someone at the moment. If they seem interested, by all means do it, but don't just go to retail or grocery stores expecting to meet someone.

When I worked at Borders, I was getting numbers at least semi-regularly. Apparently girls like a guy who knows books, is cynical and can both walk and talk at the same time. I think that's a fairly rare find nowadays.

garrett222
Listen bro. As far as just walking right up to a chick walking down the street and stopping her dead in her tracks with some one-liner, that will never work for you. It hardly works at all so quit trying to wrap your head around it.

What you need is the right surroundings and the right attitude.

You also will find more girls when you are not exactly looking for girls. You should concentrate on doing something in your own life that will benefit you, and the girls will see that and be attracted to it. Girls love ambition and they also love guys who can express themselves thru art.

I will also say that grocery stores are great places to meet girls, but not your local fucking Food City or Ralph's. Go to a Trader Joe's or a Sprouts to find more organic hottie little cuties. They are always there and they are of a high caliber.

I think you are just upset that you girl moved on so fast, they always do that. Start ignoring her and only concentrate on yourself. Fight all urges to send any type of communication...don't text even if you think its for something harmless or to "just see how your doing". Make her guess at what you have been up to and eventually you will get to the point where you are not doing good things in spite of her anymore, you are only doing them for yourself.

Geez..this is a really well thought out piece of advice. Thanks bro.

I'm thinking that if I go out to bars with co-workers I'll be in a good spot to talk to girls there and at least get my personality out in the world again..I'll forget about getting a date, and focus on meeting people I can carry on a conversation with.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
conversation... now there is a concept men seem to have lost these days, at least the guys I have met. Usually conversation includes... hey baby, wanna come to my place to chill and watch a movie?

garrett222
10-09-2008, 12:58 PM
conversation... now there is a concept men seem to have lost these days, at least the guys I have met. Usually conversation includes... hey baby, wanna come to my place to chill and watch a movie?

Is 'watch a movie' slang for 'sleep with me tonight'

fourty oz
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
we've reached the point where everyone's aliases are posting now

i hustle every day liek rick ross tha boss ***** u dont kno me

TommyboyUNM
10-09-2008, 01:00 PM

I'm a pretty good date. I'll laugh at all your jokes and dress in something slutty. Of course, I am a guy. And I like women. And I already have a ticket (but not 5th row center).

Hopeless Semantic
Hey now, it goes both ways on the art of conversing, people. Woman have lost their way when it comes to offering anything besides Sex In The City and other frilly topics. I do think the advent of message boards and text messaging has dulled the sense of communicating in person, but then again I guess it wouldn't be right for me to point to two such things I relish in doing.

Hey baby, wanna come to my place to relax and watch albino midget amputee porn?

sbessiso

Yes. Or at least a little under the sweater action

Woman have lost their way when it comes to offering anything besides Sex In The City and other frilly topics

funny stuff, in the hotel room after Beck all the girls and myself put on Sex and the city and were all laughing and discussing it. ("oh this episode...")

PC-2 Violence
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Geez..this is a really well thought out piece of advice. Thanks bro.

I'm thinking that if I go out to bars with co-workers I'll be in a good spot to talk to girls there and at least get my personality out in the world again..I'll forget about getting a date, and focus on meeting people I can carry on a conversation with.

TBH the best place to meet people and girls is work, but you gotta watch out, so you dont make work uncomfortable. Go out with groups of ppl, you will have more fun, which will translate into girls wanting to know why you are having fun.

TommyboyUNM
I'll forget about getting a date, and focus on meeting people I can carry on a conversation with.

Now THAT'S the attitude that's gonna get you some strange in no time! Really though, that's a good start to going about it.

thestripe
The Misc. Lounge has turned into the gutter.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 01:02 PM

I make a great wingwoman, if you can't find a date I can always help you hook up.

From past experiences, yes it does. lol

garrett222
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
The Misc. Lounge has turned into the gutter.

How so? I think we're turning into a positive thinking group!

garrett222
10-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I make a great wingwoman, if you can't find a date I can always help you hook up.

I'm not totally against this.

locachica73
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm not totally against this.

lol at not totally. Actually I am very good at putting people together who I think will hit it off. I unfortunatly can't find anyone for myself but I make all my friends happy.