PDA

View Full Version : why do you like lil wayne

psychoc&ndy
10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
he sounds like he has a fresh cock in his throat, can't rap worth shit, and is the epitomy of mtv standardized rap. what is the appeal?

mattpach
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
There is no appeal

Jon Blazed
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM
the bass is the only thing i can think of. he is garbage otherwise.

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
He hopped on the hipster bandwagon. Lame.

More to the point, a few of his songs are crazy catchy and I would love to bump them in the right scenario ie. A Milli.

But other than that he gets way too much hype.

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
i'm a great dane,
i wear 8 chains,
i'm in so much ice,
they yell "skate Wayne."
she wanna fuck weezy,
but she wanna rape Wayne.

psychoc&ndy
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
i hate when people just quote lil wayne as a justified post; that's fucking lame

thestripe
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I like the avatar wmgaretjax.

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 09:33 PM
i hate when people just quote lil wayne as a justified post; that's fucking lame

a justified post as opposed to an unjustified post?

i hate when people post a redundant topic topic when others already exist. that's fucking lame.

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I like the avatar wmgaretjax.

back to you son!

psychoc&ndy
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
oh, i see

betao
10-07-2008, 09:38 PM
"why do you like lil wayne?"

This must be a trick question because I really do not like him. The tables have turned on you rogue!

real talk
10-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe if you spent less time ripping your hair out about why people like something you don't, you'd be able to more quickly identify the location in which to find poppers in California.

JUSTIFIED POST

i hate when people post a redundant topic topic when others already exist. that's fucking lame.

ps the first hater thread was also started by the same author, guess it didn't blow up as anticipated.

psychoc&ndy
10-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe if you spent less time ripping your hair out about why people like something you don't, you'd be able to more quickly identify the location in which to find poppers in California.

JUSTIFIED POST

well justified, you reminded me of my desperate quest for a cheap high

Jon Blazed
Lyrics like this bullshit below just turned me off.

a Millionaire,
I'm a Young Money Millionaire
Tougher than Nigerian hair
My criteria compared to your career
Just isn't fair
I'm a venereal disease
Like I'm menstrual, I bleed

stupid.

HunterGather
Back when I was a youngster with a lot of wigger qualities (not full blown, but my musical tastes reflected so),
I was sorta into all of Cash Money artists.
But Lil' Wayne was always the best of the bunch, lyrically.
I predicted one day (or rather hoped) he would make it bigger than he was and outshine his label mates.

Years later, he has. I don't know if its worse music than before or anything. Aside from whatever singles he's put out, I haven't really listened to his albums in years.

But his whole first album, Tha Block Is Hot, was good stuff.
The 2nd album was good stuff too.

bballarl
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I commented about this elsewhere, but a friend and I were trying to wrap our heads around Lil' Wayne's appeal and decided that it is rooted in the fact that he is just having fun in a childlike way. As I said last time, childlike is not a knock. He basically does whatever he wants and I can see how that is appealing.

real talk
10-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Sorry, Lil Wayne is weakness.

check yourself, son.

BlackSwan
10-07-2008, 09:51 PM
he sounds like he has a fresh cock in his throat, can't rap worth shit, and is the epitomy of mtv standardized rap. what is the appeal?

maybe you should just stick to drinking cough syrup.

but if we are on the topic, lil wayne is like a lot of other shitty music i don't like. i think it sucks and other people like it.

bballarl
10-07-2008, 09:52 PM
check yourself, son.

I still don't like his music. But I can better understand his appeal.

psycobetabuckdown
10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
My friend calls him the "Gangsta Kanye West" and I can't disagree with that. That's a bad thing by the way.

I used to have Tha Block is Hot when I was younger but I've outgrown that shit. His music's worse now too.

dontfeedthebird
10-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Does anybody remember Cash Money's "bling bling?" That song was hot as chat right now.

superfiction
10-07-2008, 10:02 PM
A MILLI A MILLI AMILLI AMILLI MILLI

HunterGather
10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
no ones in chat right now :(

and funny thing is BLING BLING was a song from B.G.'s album (former Cash Money artist).
That featured all the cash money peoples.
Lil Wayne had the best verse on it.

psycobetabuckdown
10-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Lil Wayne is the creator of the term, as he so obnoxiously reminds you on that one song on OutKast's last album, Idlewild or whatever it's called. Man, he ruined that song.

Backwater
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I commented about this elsewhere, but a friend and I were trying to wrap our heads around Lil' Wayne's appeal and decided that it is rooted in the fact that he is just having fun in a childlike way. As I said last time, childlike is not a knock. He basically does whatever he wants and I can see how that is appealing.

I understand what you're saying but the thing is, there are plenty of other rappers that do the same thing (have fun in a childlike way while doing whatever they want) and do it better, yet they aren't nearly as popular as Lil Wanye so his success isn't justified. In fact most mainstream rap is like that. All of the more socially concious, intellectual stuff is in the underground.

Fuck Lil Wayne, him and Kanye both need to go away forever.

HunterGather
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Lil Wayne is the creator of the term, as he so obnoxiously reminds you on that one song on OutKast's last album, Idlewild or whatever it's called. Man, he ruined that song.

Yeah, i read about that.

And Hollywood Divorce is the song (Snoop was on it too).
That song was like 1 of 3 good songs from that album.

Backwater
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
A perfect example is Afroman. The same type of goofy, childish stuff but much more funny and much better all around than Lil Wayne, yet not even anywhere close to as popular.

real talk
10-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Fuck Lil Wayne, him and Kanye both need to go away forever.

look at all that energy you wasting with your hate

ps social consciousness happens with or without you and your backpack, saying.

bballarl
10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Backwater: I am not saying his success is justified. Just that this is what I understand his appeal to be.

HunterGather
Afroman was actually pretty damn good. His wordplay and all of that.

COLT 45: good stuff
BhD85Er1nRg

Backwater
Wait, Lil Wayne is claiming that he created the term "bling bling?" Wow and Al Gore invented the internet. That term was around for at least five years before he ever used it.

bballarl
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
On the same token, it is hard to justify success in music, period. Even with bands I worship, ala Oasis.

HunterGather
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
oh damn! and Afromans diss track on like a whole bunch of rappers was one of the best diss tracks EVER

M33M7d9YbjM

Backwater
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Afroman still is really good, really fun music.

Lil Bow Wow created the term "hustler"

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I think it's funny when people talk about social-consciousness like it's some prereq to good hip hop.

edit: and the "underground." it doesn't exist anymore, get over it. name an underground hip hop artist, and i'll hit you over the head with that dick stuck in wayne's throat because they aren't

RotationSlimWang
10-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Wait, Lil Wayne is claiming that he created the term "bling bling?" Wow and Al Gore invented the internet. That term was around for at least five years before he ever used it.

Al Gore was quite instrumental in the creation of the internet.

FIND A NEW GOD.

Backwater
10-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I think it's funny when people talk about social-consciousness like it's some prereq to good hip hop.

edit: and the "underground." it doesn't exist anymore, get over it. name an underground hip hop artist, and i'll hit you over the head with that dick stuck in wayne's throat because they aren't

Get over yourself man. You don't know very much about hip hop and it's quite evident so just shut up.

real talk
10-07-2008, 10:43 PM
lol

edit* JUSTIFIED POST

BlueDevil50
10-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Get over yourself man. You don't know very much about hip hop and it's quite evident so just shut up.

no point man...dude's an ass. he doesn't know hip hop, just scarves.

Backwater
10-07-2008, 10:49 PM
He doesn't even know scarves. He just tried to claim to there are NO underground hip hop artists! WTF? Yeah, yeah, it all depends on your definition of "underground" but still, what a retard.

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I hate it when people pretend they know everything about scarves when they don't even know ANYTHING. Fuck wmgaretjax. I didn't graduate from Scarf University with honors to put up with this type of shit.

real talk
10-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Backwater, what's the latest underground hip hop show you've attended here in San Francisco?

hint: anybody with a myspace page is not underground

Backwater
10-07-2008, 10:54 PM
hint: I've never been to San Francisco in my life

Who's alias is this anyway?

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM

The irony of this is you didn't even address my point. You talk about hip-hop like you are stuck in the mid-90s. It's not the same anymore.

The problem with most hip hop is that it's fucking genre music. That's why it can actually be entertaining when it doesn't take itself seriously. Other than that, most of the stuff worth listening to these days is so off course from what you are referring to it's not even funny (anyone taking a clue is moving on like the anticon kids, or Ox and any of the other smart kids from jux). There's been maybe 1 good fucking "traditional" hip hop album this year right (Pro Tools)? This "underground" that you speak of is either way above surface or fucking kaput.

real talk
10-07-2008, 10:57 PM
hint: I've never been to San Francisco in my life

Who's alias is this anyway?

My apology, I got your city confused with another person on the board, apparently. Allow me to rephrase:

What is the last underground hip hop show you've attended in your city of residence?

Bonus: Which underground hip hop artist created the last piece of music you purchased/downloaded?

The irony of this is you didn't even address my point. You talk about hip-hop like you are stuck in the mid-90s. It's not the same anymore.

The problem with most hip hop is that it's fucking genre music. That's why it can actually be entertaining when it doesn't take itself seriously. Other than that, most of the stuff worth listening to these days is so off course from what you are referring to it's not even funny (anyone taking a clue is moving on like the anticon kids, or Ox and any of the other smart kids from jux). There's been maybe 1 good fucking "traditional" hip hop album this year right (Pro Tools)? This "underground" that you speak of is either way above surface or fucking kaput.

Ah, wmgaretjax, I am stepping on your point. Which is valid and I apologize. I just get caught up. You should listen to the new T.I. it's HOTT

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I hate it when people pretend they know everything about scarves when they don't even know ANYTHING. Fuck wmgaretjax. I didn't graduate from Scarf University with honors to put up with this type of shit.

Summa Cum Laude bitch! Top that shit!

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Look, just because you were the smartest kid at Kerchief Community College doesn't mean you're qualified to play in the big leagues.

BlackSwan
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
On the same token, it is hard to justify success in music, period. Even with bands I worship, ala Oasis.

can't resist...

radiohead.

real lol.

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Look, just because you were the smartest kid at Kerchief Community College doesn't mean you're qualified to play in the big leagues.

Listen to me you little trust fund fuck, take your italian silk and be gone! I'll knit shit out of shredded plastic that'll make your fine linens feel like hemp!

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Ah, wmgaretjax, I am stepping on your point. Which is valid and I apologize. I just get caught up. You should listen to the new T.I. it's HOTT

The Rihanna track is fucking ridiculous!

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Listen to me you little trust fund fuck, take your italian silk and be gone! I'll knit shit out of shredded plastic that'll make your fine linens feel like hemp!

This isn't your grandma's grannywrap, kid. Ain't no initials stitched into the underside of this cravat. This is the real deal. Acrylic isn't going to fly on fifth avenue, no matter how many silkworms you've saved in the process.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm always impressed how fucked up he is!!

Sheriff Joe is going to get his ass tho, he got caught with quite a bit of party favors...

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 11:10 PM
This isn't your grandma's grannywrap, kid. Ain't no initials stitched into the underside of this cravat. This is the real deal. Acrylic isn't going to fly on fifth avenue, no matter how many silkworms you've saved in the process.

I stitch my mark in chrome. And while you schlep your wares on 5th, I'm keepin' it real on the lam, getting top dollar in the underground. A fugitive because my cross-stitch is so ill.

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh please. I've made scarves from fabrics that haven't even been discovered yet. You think you're something new? Something special? You're nothing but a tired hipster with a pair of plastic needles and a faded skein of Lion poly-blend.

Hannahrain
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I feel like we should be rapping this.

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I have been in my head, you got dope flows Hannah!

wmgaretjax
10-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I have been in my head too... "a pair of plastic needles and a faded skein of Lion poly-blend" puts me to shame... I resign to the prowess of your craftsmanship. I need sleep. I will be back one day...

RotationSlimWang
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
I knit you not, crochet my cock up in yo spot

Mr. Dylanja
10-07-2008, 11:35 PM
*crowd* "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

RotationSlimWang
10-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Ain't a ***** that can't get got when my cro-hook busts a slip knot

(yes, I had to go to wikipedia for knitting terminology)