PDA

View Full Version : GV Blog Issues First Confirmed Act Of 2009

RotationSlimWang
10-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Buraka Son Sistema? I don't have the foggiest fucking clue who these people are, but it looks like we all have a new webpage to start fanatically checking.

http://www.goldenvoice.com/blog/show-reviews/mbv-detour-rancid

RotationSlimWang
10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
... are we seriously just ignoring this? Paul Tollett posted a confirmed act and you monkeys are still standing around with your heads up the asses of some rumor threads?

CalmerThanYou
10-07-2008, 08:04 PM
YAY! randy you win

Ardentbiscuit
10-07-2008, 08:06 PM
They were on right before Bloody Beetroots.

They reminded me of that guy MC Question Mark.

I had never heard of them before detour.

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Buraka Som Sistema, YAY?

I'm off to myspace/deezer now.

anonimouse
10-07-2008, 08:13 PM
... are we seriously just ignoring this? Paul Tollett posted a confirmed act and you monkeys are still standing around with your heads up the asses of some rumor threads?

probably because nobody knows who they are? listening to the video he posted on the blog, pretty sure i'll be avoiding their set if all their music sounds like that

DRcube
10-07-2008, 08:14 PM

hahaha

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Sahara for sure.

suprefan
10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok that works I guess.

heyimazombie
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
hooray! this is a pretty big deal, it means that the coachella rumor season can get well and truly underway if they're already booking people

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
For the Sahara, I like the idea of putting on lesser known dance bands* earlier in the day. Leave the evening and night for the pure DJs to do their thing. It would give people more interesting options earlier in the day IMO.

*Unless this is all on a laptop, some songs sound like it, some don't. Then whatever.

R41N570RM
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, they were on before the Beetroots in the DJ Stage at LA Detour.
They actually are some sort of musical group I believe, but their set in LA consisted of two guys DJing, and a thin tall black guy running around the stage with a microphone singing along to whatever they were playing or just saying stuff... something like that, I watched for like 10 minutes but after seeing Surkin, Para One, and Adam Freeland... I was turned off by the whole thing, wayyyy different genre.

If they were actually playing music, I'd say early outdoor stage. If they are DJing, Sahara.

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
hooray! this is a pretty big deal, it means that the coachella rumor season can get well and truly underway if they're already booking people

Do keep in mind Paul said "pretty sure." I wonder what that conversation was like:

Paul-"Would your act like to play one of the premiere music festivals in the world?"
BSS rep-"Umm, ya."
Paul- "Thought so."
BSS rep- (calls band) "You will never believe the booking I just got you..."

But yeah, by this point there have to be some confirmed acts out there. Now for people to start spilling the beans...

heyimazombie
10-07-2008, 08:36 PM
lol, too many bands dropped out last year for ANYONE to be confirmed, but yeah the point is the gears are turning trying to get bands there

orbit
10-07-2008, 08:36 PM
... are we seriously just ignoring this? Paul Tollett posted a confirmed act and you monkeys are still standing around with your heads up the asses of some rumor threads?[/url]

probably because that was posted about 7 hours ago.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22575&page=4

but yeah, let's start checking that blog.

suprefan
10-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Gues we just start intterogating after every show. We should put Boourns on this he will stalk em down.

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
If they were actually playing music, I'd say early outdoor stage. If they are DJing, Sahara.

Oh thats right. They don't really allow for Sahara band setup time unless you're kinda a big deal. DJing in the Sahara for sure. Oh man, the next track just started (A Morte du Sonic), this has Sahara written ALL over it.

boarderwoozel3
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Gues we just start intterogating after every show. We should put Boourns on this he will stalk em down.

HA!

mittens4kittens
10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
the dancing is way tighter than the music, IMO. not really feeling them based on the vid...

Boourns
10-08-2008, 09:03 AM
I'll ask Asobi Seksu and maybe CSS and Deerhunter if I go. Any other bands, you lazy folk can do your own work.

Actually, I already asked Asobi Seksu's tour manager and he said tours would come after the new album but he didn't specify, except probably SXSW. I know Yuki wants to play so I guess it depends on their schedule and gv actually inviting them.

Too bad MBV said no and no touring. I'd love to see a main stage crowd collapsing on the ground covering their ears and vomiting.

stinkbutt
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Too bad MBV said no and no touring. I'd love to see a main stage crowd collapsing on the ground covering their ears and vomiting.

You people are crazy, they are not that loud.

Have any of you ever seen Sunn O)))?

That is what loud really is. Especially when they are with Boris, even Boris by themselves was louder than MBV.

Boourns
10-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I didn't wear earplugs for most of the set, but it seems a lot of people up front got pwned.

stinkbutt
10-08-2008, 09:29 AM
neither did I and I was front and center in chicago idk maybe I'm just used to it at this point

KungFuJoe
10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
anyone think there's a good chance they're trying real hard to get Op-Ivy to perform?

humanoid
10-08-2008, 12:15 PM
not really

BROKENDOLL
10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
lol, too many bands dropped out last year for ANYONE to be confirmed, but yeah the point is the gears are turning trying to get bands there I'm sure it's happened for whatever reason, but I can't imagine anybody saying, "No, we aren't feelin' Coachella, we'll pass on this offer, thanks."

Coachella Bound
10-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm sure it's happened for whatever reason, but I can't imagine anybody saying, "No, we aren't feelin' Coachella, we'll pass on this offer, thanks."

Anyone ever figure out what happened to MADNESS? All I ever remember hearing was that GV confirmed it before MADNESS did....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Coachella owes me a MBV performance....let me talk to Kevin.

joppy-slow
10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
sicky..good find randy

MarkO
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
lol, too many bands dropped out last year for ANYONE to be confirmed, but yeah the point is the gears are turning trying to get bands there

You mean too many bands were never confirmed yet were on the poster anyway .... right ?

bigc1
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
anyone think there's a good chance they're trying real hard to get Op-Ivy to perform?

I think Jessie performed a few OpIvy songs with Rancid 1 or 2 years ago in SF. I think there is a chance but it's kinda slim.

quicksand
10-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Not really digging it, but FUCK YEAH for our first confirmed band! I'd take this over Pendulum anyday. My only beef is that they have "BSS" shirts. And if Broken Social Scene plays, things at the merch booth could get messy.

dorkfish
10-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I think Jessie performed a few OpIvy songs with Rancid 1 or 2 years ago in SF. I think there is a chance but it's kinda slim.
I was at that show. They did "Unity" and "Sound System" (the latter which Vampire Weekend totally rips off with "A-Punk"), and it was great.

Memorial_07
10-11-2008, 07:22 AM
just this morning i was wondering "who'll be the first confirmed act for this year"
found it

good find

mittens4kittens
10-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I'd take this over Pendulum anyday.

Fail.

oftheheartofthesoul
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Buraka Son Sistema? I don't have the foggiest fucking clue who these people are, but it looks like we all have a new webpage to start fanatically checking.

http://www.goldenvoice.com/blog/show-reviews/mbv-detour-rancid

Woot.

Wheres the beef?
10-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Presets and others were great also, more on that later..

Pault likes The Presets. This bodes well for my plan to see them in The Mojave tent.

aleydars
10-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Cool. Cool.

Fourthisto
10-21-2008, 07:49 PM
... are we seriously just ignoring this? Paul Tollett posted a confirmed act and you monkeys are still standing around with your heads up the asses of some rumor threads?You waited six whole minutes for someone to reply to your precious thread and then when no one did, you decided to whine in it about no one paying any attention to it? Wow.

Issues much?

mittens4kittens
11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
BSS remixed Skream's "blipstream" for Hollertronix 9... definitely the best track I've heard from them so far. An encouraging development!

greghead
11-06-2008, 12:20 PM

Chances of Op Ivy are REALLY slim. A couple months ago I watched Jesse do a coffeehouse gig (his first gig in four or five years, according to him) in Riverside, and he was pretty rusty on both guitar and vocals. People shouted out OpIvy songs, and he said he has no idea how to play or sing any of those songs anymore.

DJdharma
11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
BSS is from Portugal. Briefly checked their set at Detour and wasn't feelin' it. Sorta got a Bonde Do Role meets MIA vibe. They may belong in the Gobi or Mojave.

chairmenmeow47
11-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Chances of Op Ivy are REALLY slim. A couple months ago I watched Jesse do a coffeehouse gig (his first gig in four or five years, according to him) in Riverside, and he was pretty rusty on both guitar and vocals. People shouted out OpIvy songs, and he said he has no idea how to play or sing any of those songs anymore.

all he knows is that he don't know nothing :p

darthlaker
11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Dr Dog
LA Riots
some Ed Banger people
for sure will be there!

frozen pilgrim
11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
what does that have to do with this thread?

Coachella Bound
11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
what does that have to do with this thread?

Get um Pilgrim! Rawr!!!!

SFChrissy
11-14-2008, 03:02 PM
anyone think there's a good chance they're trying real hard to get Op-Ivy to perform?I doubt it but Rancid would be syc...I've seen them a few times here in the city which was tons of fun and they do a few Op Ivy songs...

patsfan5454
11-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I doubt it but Rancid would be syc...I've seen them a few times here in the city which was tons of fun and they do a few Op Ivy songs...

please no rancid, they play LA like 25 times a year, if you havent seen em yet wait like 2 months and i'm sure they'll be playing somewhere in LA for u to see them

patsfan5454
11-15-2008, 09:20 AM
(even though by your name you live in SF) which means you definetly have to have seem them already like 25 times at least!

All Your Base
11-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Pault likes The Presets. This bodes well for my plan to see them in The Mojave tent.

These guys fucking ROCK! I sure hope we get to see them.

NoizeSelektor
01-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Fail.

yeah fuck pendulum for reals. weak beans. i

runbowsky
01-04-2009, 11:52 AM
checkd out their myspace... not bad, feels like i'm in the Do Lab.

daftradioheadpunk
01-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Save Ferris did a good cover of 'Unity'...

Pixiessp
01-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm stillll waiting.

Weatherman
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
please no rancid, they play LA like 25 times a year, if you havent seen em yet wait like 2 months and i'm sure they'll be playing somewhere in LA for u to see them

I live near SF and they've barely played recently. They had a show here several months back that was the first show since like... 2005 or so.

rage patton
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't think Op-Ivy will be there... however I could definately see Rancid. Rev Horton Heat -> Rancid sounds like a swinging good time.

dorkfish
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I live near SF and they've barely played recently. They had a show here several months back that was the first show since like... 2005 or so.
I saw Rancid play Warfield in SF in December of 2006 when Jesse came out and they played the Op Ivy songs.

mka123088
01-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Dr Dog
LA Riots
some Ed Banger people
for sure will be there!

Ed Banger for sure. Everyone's probably got their fingers crossed for Justice, but Busy P himself is actually a really good DJ. One of my favorite acts from Hard.

Memorial_07
01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't think Op-Ivy will be there... however I could definately see Rancid. Rev Horton Heat -> Rancid sounds like a swinging good time.

Rev. Horton is playing at stagecoach so no dice for him at coachella

and no Rancid...but yes to Op-Ivy

Ardentbiscuit
01-24-2009, 06:59 PM
I say nix the Goldenvoice blog, 5 entries since September 10th...

What's the point..

Sleepingrock
01-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Rev. Heat told me no Coachella D=

Cpt. Funkaho
01-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I say nix the Goldenvoice blog, 5 entries since September 10th...

What's the point..

Goldenvoice is really hit-and-miss with their web presence. I think their web staff is basically Dani, and Erik when he has time.

Coachella site=good
GV site=good
Forum=great
micrommunity=not so great
Facebook=not updated very often, content is sparse
Twitter= likewise.
Haven't checked out the Myspace, but I hear the musical selections are sometimes... eclectic. I expect it's largely the same deal as their Facebook.

APW and Stagecoach have great sites, given the dearth of people who visit them. Follows the Coachella framework pretty much element for element.

nothingisnothing
01-24-2009, 07:20 PM
"Stopped by Rancid for the last of six nights, love anything Tim Armstrong does.
Wished I could have promoted an Op-Ivy show when they were aroundů.."

lol

robinjill
01-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok.....I'm losing my f*&%ing mind! Just post the damn lineup by now!!!!!!!!! Please. I can't take it much longer.

psychic friend
01-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Goldenvoice is really hit-and-miss with their web presence. I think their web staff is basically Dani, and Erik when he has time.

Coachella site=good
GV site=good
Forum=great
micrommunity=not so great
Facebook=not updated very often, content is sparse
Twitter= likewise.
Haven't checked out the Myspace, but I hear the musical selections are sometimes... eclectic. I expect it's largely the same deal as their Facebook.

APW and Stagecoach have great sites, given the dearth of people who visit them. Follows the Coachella framework pretty much element for element.

Coachella Twitter not updated very often because there isnt much to update and it just started a month ago.

Facebook sucks. The page has the same info as everywhere else though. Definitely not a priority.

gv blog I took off because nobody was writing on it. :)

Xenocide
01-28-2009, 09:48 AM
any word on anything yet Dani?

Coachella Local Boy
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
niet

Spongehead56
01-29-2009, 09:39 AM
any word on anything yet Dani?

I believe I can answer that question...

"Lineup is still being worked on."

Just a guess.

graffixload
01-29-2009, 10:09 AM
I believe I can answer that question...

"Lineup is still being worked on."

Just a guess.

I have a feeling youre right

skavron
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Why did I came back here... why?!?!!! New site, people mentioning Op Ivy, Rancid, Broken Social Scene, Presets... aaaaaaaahhh!!! you're just teasing me! :(