PDA

View Full Version : I WISH: For Coachella to be @ the END of APRIL!!!!!

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Post Secondary students have finals most of April...Oh wait all of Canadian students do!

Why would you not consider this in the logistical planning of this event?

Why would you base Coachella's date on eventuality plans to accommodate for New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, which will be April 24-26 and April 30-May 3?

Are their numbers > Coachella?

Does the demographic that Coachella attracts not outweigh that of NO Jazz and HF?

I find these dates to be inconvenient and unrealistic. Most people don't plan to travel to Indio CA for just the weekend if they are not a resident. Last year we came for 2 weeks. These dates are limiting the amount of ppl who will make the effort to go this year because it will directly clash with exam schedules for ALL post secondary students.

I would like to come to Coachella, but to sacrifice a $3000+ semester for a $1500+ vacation doesn't seem worthwhile if only for 3 days of amazing music. The constraints that are keeping many of the students from coming are educational.

leo01g
10-07-2008, 12:16 PM
well sucks for you

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
yeah....pretty much.....and for all of my other friends that were looking to go this year that are still in school....

it would have been nice if the events coordinators factored in the exam schedule of their Canadian demographic.

PassiveTheory
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Blame Canada.

leo01g
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
this actually works pretty good for people that are in the quarter system like me. Midterms are two weeks after coachella this year. PLenty of time to rest and study

microcuts
10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
So Sorry that Goldenvoice can't personally accomodate everyone who wants to go... I'm sure Mr. Tollett will be sure to do some extensive research next time.

traviscanada
10-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm a Canadian student and I'll be going.

PassiveTheory
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Will you go as a zombie?

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm a Canadian student and I'll be going.

Even if you have a final 20-21-22

garrett222
10-07-2008, 12:31 PM
no school anymore 4 me...

tyles
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Boy, is someone ever butt-hurt about the change in schedule! Life goes on, for crying out loud!

orbit
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
bring your books.

take the trainchella and study in your way to indio.

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Boy, is someone ever butt-hurt about the change in schedule! Life goes on, for crying out loud!

butt hurt..moar like ass fucking raped!

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
bring your books.

take the trainchella and study in your way to indio.

coming to cali for 3 days ftl.....I was there for 2 weeks last time....had one of the best trips ever...

orbit
10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
i've always had finals the week following coachella, so i always go for 3-4 days.

the new dates work great, so i'll have more time to study for finals. i'm sure paul tollett changed the dates thinking about me.

tyles
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
i've always had finals the week following coachella, so i always go for 3-4 days.

i'm sure paul tollett changed the dates thinking about me.

He changed it thinking of everyone... except whiny Canadians.

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
He changed it thinking of everyone... except whiny Canadians.

yar time to /myself

frozen pilgrim
10-07-2008, 12:50 PM
in response to the original poster.

for the record, I begged this asshole not to do this whiney self centered "waah, I can't go, I'm gonna start five threads and pretend I'm speaking for canadians" ass-buggery.

but for fucks sake, you CAN go! you don't even have anything on the actual days of the festival!!! and don't try this "it can't be done" bullshit.
if you have something to do the day after coachella, fly back sunday night, sleep on the plane with earplugs and the pillow you camped with, and suck it the fuck up. prepare beforehand. study, and study hard, and when you've reviewed so much that you know you couldn't possibly be more prepared, what's the reward? you get to spend three days completely relaxing from all the bullshit of the school year, and getting some peace of mind and seeing some amazing things, and then go back, inspired and refreshed, and WRITE YOUR FUCKING EXAMS.

now please, PLEASE go away.

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
So Sorry that Goldenvoice can't personally accomodate everyone who wants to go... I'm sure Mr. Tollett will be sure to do some extensive research next time.

these 2 ppl you mentioned are they the ones to get in contact with regarding the dates?

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 01:05 PM
in response to the original poster.

for the record, I begged this asshole not to do this whiney self centered "waah, I can't go, I'm gonna start five threads and pretend I'm speaking for canadians" ass-buggery.

but for fucks sake, you CAN go! you don't even have anything on the actual days of the festival!!! and don't try this "it can't be done" bullshit.
if you have something to do the day after coachella, fly back sunday night, sleep on the plane with earplugs and the pillow you camped with, and suck it the fuck up. prepare beforehand. study, and study hard, and when you've reviewed so much that you know you couldn't possibly be more prepared, what's the reward? you get to spend three days completely relaxing from all the bullshit of the school year, and getting some peace of mind and seeing some amazing things, and then go back, inspired and refreshed, and WRITE YOUR FUCKING EXAMS.

now please, PLEASE go away.

Valid point and yes I was considering the interests of myself and my other friends over and above just the 3 days. I'm looking at creating a trip of sustainable value 3 days @ coachella and a vacation in palm springs, LA, etc. Rather than just claiming the short-term value that you proposed, I'm trying to consider the interests of the people I've known that don't just travel there for 3 days. I'm trying to think of the long term value of the trip, if we would rent a huge condo for 20+ ppl in PS and consider crafting a broader vacation than just a 3 day excursion. My best alternative to this is just to go for 3 days, and consider ways to enhance this unfortunate date conflict issue. By no means can this no-deal option get worse, I'm looking for alternatives to make it better. But if it's written in stone that it's the 17-19th then so be it. I would like to know if there are other alternatives that could still be considered, and yes you listed yours quite candidly.

captncrzy
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
these 2 ppl you mentioned are they the ones to get in contact with regarding the dates?

Yes. Paul Tollet has nothing better to do than to address your specific date wishes.

frozen pilgrim
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
okay. you need to go and delete every post, and edit it to say " my extensive week long palm springs vacation with a condo with twenty of my friends can't happen, oh no, now I can only go to coachella", and THEN present your side of the argument again

sbessiso
10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
the DAY i got back from coachella this year I had a final. barely had time to shower and type up an essay. somehow I passed that final and the class, but I AM the man

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
okay. you need to go and delete every post, and edit it to say " my extensive week long palm springs vacation with a condo with twenty of my friends can't happen, oh no, now I can only go to coachella", and THEN present your side of the argument again

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c184/CHINKZILLA/gifs/lollookdown_slavery_johnson.gif

enriquevs
10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
you could always go to lolla and enjoy sunny chicago, or apw.

Quadromarshia
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Post Secondary students have finals most of April...Oh wait all of Canadian students do!

Why would you base Coachella's date on eventuality plans to accommodate for New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, which will be April 24-26 and April 30-May 3?

Does the demographic that Coachella attracts not outweigh that of NO Jazz and HF?

I find these dates to be inconvenient and unrealistic. Most people don't plan to travel to Indio CA for just the weekend if they are not a resident. Last year we came for 2 weeks. These dates are limiting the amount of ppl who will make the effort to go this year because it will directly clash with exam schedules for ALL post secondary students.

I would like to come to Coachella, but to sacrifice a $3000+ semester for a $1500+ vacation doesn't seem worthwhile if only for 3 days of amazing music. The constraints that are keeping many of the students from coming are educational.

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 01:33 PM
or MMC

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c184/CHINKZILLA/gifs/jaybob2.gif

drowningmatt
I'm excited about the new dates, 2 weeks less to wait.

frozen pilgrim
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm excited about the dates; this spoiled, self-centered moron isn't coming.

drowningmatt
10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm excited about the dates; this spoiled, self-centered moron isn't coming.

Thank god, we dont need bitchy people like that at the party.

2009EVENTDATE=SHIT
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
You will have lots of students not going because of conflicting issues regarding their education.

sbessiso
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
coachella is so much more important than school in every sense

tyles
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8FefWp_4B0k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8FefWp_4B0k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

drowningmatt
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Awesome, more room.

paulb
10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
ya, just shut the fuck up about the date, and go or dont go....no one really cares.

Goodtoknow
10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
coachella is so much more important than school in every sense

eggggg-actly.

M Sparks
10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Isn't pretty much any date going to be a problem for someone? What, are they supposed to poll everyone and take a vote? I always had finals the second week of May, so a week later than usual would have been bad for me when I was in school. But I wouldn't have been such a whiny little shit about it.

I mean, did I miss something? It's still on a weekend, right? What's the problem?

M Sparks
10-07-2008, 03:23 PM

Maybe they could hold identical lineup shows on 3 or 4 consecutive weekends. Kind of like some of those Shakespeare festivals. That would help out, so people wouldn't be minorly inconvenienced. Actually, maybe they could have it in a different state every weekend so people wouldn't have to travel.

:rolleyes

moomoo
10-07-2008, 03:24 PM
What's the date? 17-19?

traviscanada
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Will you go as a zombie?

Nah, but zombie walk is happening in Calgary again this Saturday, so I will be there.

BROKENDOLL
10-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe they could hold identical lineup shows on 3 or 4 consecutive weekends. Kind of like some of those Shakespeare festivals. That would help out, so people wouldn't be minorly inconvenienced. Actually, maybe they could have it in a different state every weekend so people wouldn't have to travel.

:rolleyes 3-4 weekends @ Coach works for me!

rio_mufc29
02-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Im with the OP, SHIT DATES...The weekend before Coachella is easter which means my work (a chicken slaugherhouse) is working pretty much around the clock and have told there workers no holidays for the week before easter and the week after. Which means im going to have to have 2 sick days from work so i can travel to America, Ill prolly lose my job over it..But im hoping its all worth it! It certinly sounds like it is !!!
BRING ON UNEMPLOYMENT !

obzen
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Im with the OP, SHIT DATES...The weekend before Coachella is easter which means my work (a chicken slaugherhouse) is working pretty much around the clock and have told there workers no holidays for the week before easter and the week after. Which means im going to have to have 2 sick days from work so i can travel to America, Ill prolly lose my job over it..But im hoping its all worth it! It certinly sounds like it is !!!
BRING ON UNEMPLOYMENT !

Rio-
is it really you?!
its me the boss!!:dumbo

youre fired:mad:

Drewski27
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
i want coachella to be in my pants, but do you see me whining about it?

firesuite
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Nobody cares about your education but you. The rest of us will all be 10 degrees cooler.

Win-win for us.

shakermaker113
02-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I think it's funny that their excuse for moving the date to accommodate the jazz festival, yet now stagecoach is the same weekend as the jazz festival.

tigermilkboy
02-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Losing a dozen Canadian students! Why didn't GV and PT ever think of this?????

But this date sucks for us Tax preparers and CPA's too! Mid April!!! Are GV crazy??? This will mean a huge drop in Tax Preparers at this years event.

Gribbz
02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm glad they changed the dates. Gives me an extra week to study for my finals.

digitaldragon03
02-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Shit, I even arranged my classes so I dont have school on Fridays this semester. This is more important. Youll live.

ReaganSMASH
02-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Last year I couldn't go because finals were on the monday after Coachella weekend, and I wouldn't be able to fly back in time. I am glad they made the dates earlier so I get to avoid this travesty, but I guess it didn't help everyone.

Heimster
02-19-2009, 05:46 AM
You will have lots of students not going because of conflicting issues regarding their education.

Hell, I think they should move it up two more weeks so it ain't so freaking hot. How the hell are you going to Coachella when you're in college? I barely had enough money to travel home, let alone your "$1500 vacation". Stay home whiney rich kid.

WilliamTaft
02-19-2009, 02:24 PM

good. that means less textbook-thumping lame-asses wandering around.
if you can't handle being absent for a day, boo-hoo. school's not so important that you can't miss a day.

lickety_spit
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
if coachella means as much to you as it does to me, don't go to school in the spring semester.
go in the summer and fall.

redthreat
02-19-2009, 03:27 PM
i cant think of a dumber fucking thread topic than this.

Gribbz
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
i cant think of a dumber fucking thread topic than this.

The dude who is afraid of mosh pits. That thread was pretty dumb.

Aurgasm
02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
most US college students have come home to finals and massive projects after past coachellas.

this is a buffer week and i think most appreciate it.

Fiarmedico
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I am ditching school for Coachella. And for Ultra. suck it up

bartelby
02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Take paper courses.

instinct
02-19-2009, 08:11 PM
the new dates are better.. Earlier = Cooler (weather wise)

JiveTurkey
02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I haven't read any other part of this thread except the title, but I'm probably going to have a midterm on the first day, which sucks a whole lot, since I'm 8 hours away from Indio.

goldfromla
02-19-2009, 08:39 PM

no canadians. YES

EVillSD
02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Just drop the fuck out and quit crying me a river Justin.

bodydown
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM

wow you really told him

bodydown
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
B.T.W

I just noticed that the Mariners are starting the season out of town this year so the first home game of the season (with Griffey playing) will happen while we are on the road to Coachella.

That said I am stoked about the cooler weather this year!