PDA

View Full Version : Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

bmack86
05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
The vocals sounded good enough for me to forgive most else.

TallGuyCM
05-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Ugh. They should just stay away from TV. they fail every time they're recorded.

You gotta admit though, when they played #1 on Conan a few years ago the wtf look on his face afterwards was priceless.

pancakespancakes
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
That was fuckin amazing. I didn't even know about it until now so thank you Animal Collective thread.

I seriously forgot how great of a singer Avey was until I just watched that. That was outstanding on his part, and Noah sounded especially awesome as well. The lights and the performance were even pretty entertaining on top of it...

pancakespancakes
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Ugh. They should just stay away from TV. they fail every time they're recorded.

You can't possibly be serious.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Chocolate Girl
Guys Eyes
Who Could Win a Rabbit
Summertime Clothes
Daily Routine
What Would I Want Sky
Leaf House
Fireworks w/ Lablakely Dress Intro
Lion in a Coma
Brother Sport
---
Bleed
Also Frightened
My Girls

Nice to see another new song... Also cool to see Chocolate Girl and Who Could Win A Rabbit... I wish Fireworks was gone... Also hope Banshee Gets Played at least one of the times I see them.

kreutz2112
05-11-2009, 09:33 AM
That's a nice set. Is the Purple Bottle ever played?

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM
not recently.

DRcube
05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
AAAHHHH CHOCOLATE GIRL!!!!!!
ttOUoijT-xk

schoolofruckus
05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I LOVE when they open with "Chocolate Girl".

SoulDischarge
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
It doesn't seem like they every play "For Reverend Green"?

betao
05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't think they can recreate Reverend Green as a 3 piece. They need Panda Bear for it.

I'm seeing AC tonight in DC!! Yay for me!! I'll post back with pics and what not

iv3rdawG
05-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Webcast of the show tonight on www.NPR.org/music at 10 PM (7 PM PST).

schoolofruckus
05-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't think they can recreate Reverend Green as a 3 piece. They need Panda Bear for it.

I'm seeing AC tonight in DC!! Yay for me!! I'll post back with pics and what not

Then there should be no problem, because Panda Bear is touring with them right now.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Deakin. not panda bear. and i see no reason wy they couldn't rework the song like they did others. I just think they played that song for a long time and are letting it chill out for a while.

betao
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Then there should be no problem, because Panda Bear is touring with them right now.

oh ok. my mistake then.

i know their names just not who they actually are.

pancakespancakes
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Webcast of the show tonight on www.NPR.org/music at 10 PM (7 PM PST).

Yaaaay! I'm so excited for this. Hopefully I'll be home in time to listen to it. Maybe I'll just download it tomorrow though.

Also, yeah, you gotta love that setlist last night... Jesus. Only the best for their hometown show it seems.

bmack86
05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
When I saw them in '05 they did Purple Bottle and For Reverend Green. They were both awesome.

bleep
05-11-2009, 05:07 PM
did anyone pony up $92+ for the Crack Box Set? i'm looking at it now and wanna hit the order button but can't in good conscience do so 'cos of the price

TallGuyCM
05-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Same here.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I bought it. If you want to.... buy it soon. It's gonna sell out for sure.

http://www.fusetronsound.com/crackBox.html

the price is rough... but the catsup dude is a good guy, and hand silk screening all 3 record sleeves and the box is not a cheap thing to do. he's said this was as low as he could go and not lose money.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
And how much will this go on ebay, thats the question.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
the 1st edition of hollindagain goes for 200-300 generally. only 300 copies of that though (and each was handmade by the band).

this is steep, but I have every other LP and 7" by the band... i'd like to keep my collection complete.

dorkfish
05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
If I had a job, I'd purchase it.

edit: I lied. I purchased it with government unemployment funds. Thanks Obama.

I'm not going to open the package until I'm employed, though. That's the agreement that I made with myself.

bleep
05-11-2009, 07:08 PM
why is my willpower so weak...

suprefan
05-11-2009, 07:11 PM
And the stream has been on longer than 10 mins. Looks like they started 40 mins ago

TallGuyCM
05-11-2009, 07:44 PM
why is my willpower so weak...

So you sacked up and bought it?

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Shit is good.

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
shit I forgot about the stream... oh well.. sounds good, so far. How long do they play for normally?

suprefan
05-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Almost 90 mins

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Almost 90 mins

Thats it?

suprefan
05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
do you expect like a 2 hour show from them?

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
yes! banshee beat!

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
do you expect like a 2 hour show from them?

I did actually. Don't they have 9 studio albums? It's not like they don't have enough good material to play longer. I'm not complaining, I'm just a little surprised.

DRcube
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
sweet...does anyone have the setlist so far, what was the last song they played before the encore?

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Fireworks.

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
sweet...does anyone have the setlist so far, what was the last song they played before the encore?
fireworks

EDIT: Damn...

DRcube
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
really? i only heard like the last 30 or so seconds and it sounded like a different song

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:04 PM
really? i only heard like the last 30 or so seconds and it sounded like a different song

Yeah they jammed on it a little. And before that, I thought it was a cool transition into Fireworks. :)

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I did actually. Don't they have 9 studio albums? It's not like they don't have enough good material to play longer. I'm not complaining, I'm just a little surprised.

yes. but if you have three guys playing samplers on this tour, do you really expect them to play a bunch of campfire songs tracks? they've reworked some old stuff for this set up, but you can hardly expect them to do everything that way.

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
!!!

bleep
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
So you sacked up and bought it?
yes. and so did a whole lotta people, it seems - from fusetronsound.com

***DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND WE HAVE SUSPENDED TAKING ORDERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. IT WILL TAKE A DAY OR TWO TO SORT OUT ALL THE ORDERS UP TO THIS POINT. IF THERE ARE ANY COPIES LEFT WE WILL ANNOUNCE IT ON THE NEXT EMAIL UPDATE. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR ENTHUSIASM***

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:07 PM
yes. but if you have three guys playing samplers on this tour, do you really expect them to play a bunch of campfire songs tracks? they've reworked some old stuff for this set up, but you can hardly expect them to do everything that way.

Oh yeah, good point. I didn't really think of it in that light.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM

Guess I shouldve just done it..

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
!!!

if they play this song in the middle of the redwood forest i'm gonna have a break down.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM

I got my preorder email (two hours before the fusetron newsletter went out) while I was at my wife's commencement ceremony and there was very little cell reception. I spent almost 30 minutes purchasing it via paypal with the bad reception.

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
They sound fucking incredible. Week to week they sound better and better. It's a little ridiculous.

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:11 PM

Fuck... I wish I had a job now and wasnt such a lazy student. I blame the guy who was lax on his ebay payment to me, ironically what he bought from me was "Here comes the Indian"

TommyboyUNM
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
So what you guys are saying is I should see them when they come to Albuquerque next month? It's good to know they are sounding better and better, Pot. I've bashed the live videos I've seen, but it's hard to pass them up in a small venue like the Sunshine Theater.

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:15 PM
haha nice...

suprefan
05-11-2009, 08:18 PM
So what you guys are saying is I should see them when they come to Albuquerque next month? It's good to know they are sounding better and better, Pot. I've bashed the live videos I've seen, but it's hard to pass them up in a small venue like the Sunshine Theater.

You sure its not sold out yet? Most of this tour sold out before tonight started things off.

Gribbz
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm gonna check them out in Tucson. Surprised it's not sold out as well.

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 08:20 PM

You should know that I've felt this way for quite a while. Did I just hear Panda calling for crowd participation?

suprefan
05-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I like how in Brothersport, any type of screaming is perfectly fine, and nobody could care less while you are watching them do it

Still-ill
05-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow the last couple moments have been straight up superb...

TommyboyUNM
05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
You sure its not sold out yet? Most of this tour sold out before tonight started things off.

I'm still able to buy tickets on the Sunshine Theater's web site. This is Albuquerque, we're pretty behind the fucking times.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Just making sure, get your ticket, itll be fun, smoke or roll the visuals will get ya.

Cdubby
05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
is supre giving drug advice?

TommyboyUNM
05-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Just making sure, get your ticket, itll be fun, smoke or roll the visuals will get ya.

Whoa. So...umm....you gonna roll at Animal Collective? Thanks, Chris.

I just bought my ticket.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 08:43 PM
is supre giving drug advice?

You wish I was.

SoulDischarge
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
It's kind of disappointing that my first show from them is going to be in the middle of the fucking day at an outdoor festival. I should have gotten a ticket for the Michigan show. Looks like they got great opening bands too, with Grouper and Black Dice (who also just keep getting better and better and put on a great show).

bmack86
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
so what's the set list?

suprefan
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Dont know, cause there is no more AC board that is accesible to regular folk cause they are so protective of their s**t.

What Would I Want Sky
My Girls
Fireworks
!!!
Brothersport

got played for sure

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
It was posted in the chat on the NPR page earlier.

PotVsKtl
05-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Already gone. The sense of loss is malleable.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 09:04 PM
See Tommy, visuals my man....

HulapJxxq7A

pancakespancakes
05-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Dammit, I thought this was going to be at 10 PM tonight for some reason, I just got out of class. Hopefully it was recorded!

pancakespancakes
05-11-2009, 09:14 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Please do, Tommy.
Please do.

kitt kat
05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
i give up

suprefan
05-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Dammit, I thought this was going to be at 10 PM tonight for some reason, I just got out of class. Hopefully it was recorded!

NPR uploads the broadcast within 2 days of it being aired to download for FREE. Relax. 10pm meaning EASTERN TIME, cause the show is in DC. Iv3rdawg even specified time zones.

TommyboyUNM
05-11-2009, 09:21 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!

Please do, Tommy.
Please do.

I bought my ticket.

pancakespancakes
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
NPR uploads the broadcast within 2 days of it being aired to download for FREE. Relax. 10pm meaning EASTERN TIME, cause the show is in DC. Iv3rdawg even specified time zones.

It's so hard to relax.

Yeah that other NPR set I have from 2 years ago is so great, I didn't realize this was going to be the same thing, is this apart of the "All Things Considered" again?

That was where I first heard "Brothersport", "Material Things", "Bearhug", etc... good times.

pancakespancakes
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I bought my ticket.

I fucking love you.

You've come a long way my man.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep same thing as last time.

pancakespancakes
05-11-2009, 10:17 PM
The one bummer was that it was a podcast. Which was kinda annoying to skip in between songs. Made you listen to the show as a whole. It'd be nice if someone made MP3s out of it or something.

My only complaint.

suprefan
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
You can cut it up yourself if you feel that inclined.

dorkfish
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM
The one bummer was that it was a podcast. Which was kinda annoying to skip in between songs. Made you listen to the show as a whole. It'd be nice if someone made MP3s out of it or something.

My only complaint.
You could always just convert it to a CD-compatible WAV file, and write your own .CUE sheet with the track times and burn it to disc for a seamless show.

betao
05-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey gang just go back from the DC show. It was great, i'll get into a review in a bit.

Here is the setlist (taken from geologist's setup). Please note that i'm not fully familiar with song titles, I know that some of these are other names (one of them means My Girls but i'm not quite sure), but this is what is written on the actual setlist.

Chocolate Girl
Summertime Clothes
Ariel
What Would I Want Sky
Comfy in Nautica
House
Slippi
Daily Routine
Bleed (new song, right?)
Fireworks
---
Banshee Beat
Rabbit
Brother Sport

so just interpret it from there.

Animal Collective were great - they put on an awesome show. The setlist was awesome, Chocolate Girl was incredible, as was Bros Sport. The entire band was feeling it.

But I will say this. They have what could be the rudest fan base I have ever been around. Nearly everyone around me was completely disrespectful to Grouper, the opener. For those aren't familiar with her, she's an ambient/drone artist. Everyone around me was talking during her set, which really pissed me and my friends off. At one point I kindly asked the girl behind to please whisper, because I was trying to enjoy the moment, and she said "oh ok" and then just kept on like nothing had happened. At one point I heard her say "ugh is she fucking over yet?". The sad part is I heard many jokes/criticisms from all the kids around me too. Christ, they make Radiohead diehards look good. It almost made me leave my spot to go enjoy the show from further back or the balcony (I was center 5 rows from the front).

Its totally ok if you don't like the opening act. You don't have to. But at least have the fucking courtesy to respect the artist. Don't talk during their set, because a) it's just mean to the artist, and b) other people around you are trying to enjoy it. Everyone here was just waiting for AC and didn't care at all about Grouper.

Also, because the crowd (and I mean everyone in the crowd) was younger, there was alot of pushing and even some moshing, which kinda caught me off guard. I wasn't really expecting that given AC's music. Please dance all you want, but AC isn't really a band I want to have to deal with being pushed consistently. It's just not that kind of music.

That being said, the energy in the crowd during AC was fantastic, everyone was into it. But then again, as we all know, AC have a pretty dedicated fanbase. Everyone in the audience knew who was who in the band. But this kinda surprised me - for a band with a pretty dedicated following, no one went crazy for Chocolate Girl or any of the older material (minus Fireworks). The only songs people really cheered for were the new ones, which I wasn't really expecting.

Like I said earlier, the band themselves were great. We got to meet them after the show; my friends and I talked with Panda Bear for a good 10 minutes about what all they've been doing, I even asked them how they liked their coachella experiences. They're all really kind people and care about their fans (especially Panda - he was so chill to everyone that approached him).

Anyway, that's my review. I'll post some pics tomorrow or whenever. Sorry for the rant.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 11:51 PM
the crowd being like that is unfortunate. with this latest tour, their fanbase is opening up to people that might not be into some of the less conventional bands that are opening for them... I'd be lying if I said that I don't miss the days in which they were playing 500 person venues that didn't sell out.

Most people I talk to about Animal Collective know about the older material, but don't really like it, which I can understand in some capacity.

Bummer too, because Grouper is fantastic.

betao
05-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Seriously. It's just proper concert etiquette to be quiet when a rather "quiet" act is playing.

I really enjoyed Grouper. Well, what I could hear of her at least.

TallGuyCM
05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, Lucky Dragons opening for AC at the Fonda were "less conventional" to say the least! I was pretty intoxicated when they came on, but from what I remember everyone seemed to be very quiet and polite and even into it. Same for Ariel Pink, at least the people right around me were very respectful.

But yeah...it was lame how only the new material got the loud cheers..."My Girls" was just a bunch of young girls jumping up and down and singing along out of key.

wmgaretjax
05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
last show I was at where people were talking she told them to shut the fuck up... but she might be kind of daunted opening for a more high profile act...

rage patton
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I might have to sell my Animal Collective ticket to their Vancouver show in order to see NIN at Sasquatch. Not sure if I am going yet, but if I am, I will have to sell my ticket because they are on the same night. Im really bummed they got such a shitty time slot at Bonnaroo too... we won't get any of the light show they have.

bmack86
05-12-2009, 12:02 AM
When I saw Grouper, I liked her alright, but she went on well past 1am, and I had woken up around 6 that morning. I left before she was done because she made me sleepy.

Principal Onyx Blackman
05-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Is she playing with them for the whole tour?

betao
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Josh don't worry about the light show. It's decent, but it's not what makes the show for AC.

betao
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
last show I was at where people were talking she told them to shut the fuck up... but she might be kind of daunted opening for a more high profile act...

I was waiting (and hoping) for this to happen. She didn't seem to thrilled with the audience either.

Principal Onyx Blackman
05-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Anyone know?

rage patton
05-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Josh don't worry about the light show. It's decent, but it's not what makes the show for AC.

I just think seeing them in the dark would be more appropriate, but when I think about it, songs like My Girls and Summertime Clothes would be suited quite well for the sun. Im still not even sure if I am going to sell my Vancouer Animal Collective ticket, its depending on a few things.

kitt kat
05-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Ugh. Yeah, the Fonda crowd was the WORST during Lucky Dragons. Just a bunch of coked out spoiled 16 year olds blabbing about how "weird" the music was. I wanted to kick them all.

Like I said, I give up. I can't keep up anymore. This is far too big for me to hold in my hands. I really, really, really can't deal with annoying teenagers fucking up my experiences with a band. I think I'm going to sell my Wiltern tickets and hold out for ATP to restore my faith in AC.

TallGuyCM
05-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I think I'm going to sell my Wiltern tickets and hold out for ATP to restore my faith in AC.

I call bullshit

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Like I said, I give up. I can't keep up anymore. This is far too big for me to hold in my hands. I really, really, really can't deal with annoying teenagers fucking up my experiences with a band. I think I'm going to sell my Wiltern tickets and hold out for ATP to restore my faith in AC.

wait. if the issue is with these new fans, what faith in the band has to be restored? should they put a ban on annoying 16 year olds? don't be dramatic.

suprefan
05-12-2009, 09:26 AM
wait. if the issue is with these new fans, what faith in the band has to be restored? should they put a ban on annoying 16 year olds? don't be dramatic.

She hates it that the audience cant all be over 25, chain smoke, and be quiet when AC plays and bow at the feet of Panda Bear.

I could give a s&*t if theres kids in the audience. I they bother me directly, Ill have a problem, chances are at the Wiltern, its not happening.

schoolofruckus
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Ugh. Yeah, the Fonda crowd was the WORST during Lucky Dragons. Just a bunch of coked out spoiled 16 year olds blabbing about how "weird" the music was. I wanted to kick them all.

I will buy them from you if you really decide to do this.

schoolofruckus
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
You guys, shut up. Don't try to talk her out of selling them!

betao
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
a few pictures from last night

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs013.snc1/4201_105580012728_570597728_2569485_2378950_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs013.snc1/4201_105580032728_570597728_2569487_5607753_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs013.snc1/4201_105580042728_570597728_2569488_6550456_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs013.snc1/4201_105581022728_570597728_2569493_3427661_n.jpg

me and all of my friends with Noah (Panda Bear)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs013.snc1/4201_105581052728_570597728_2569495_7476847_n.jpg

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 10:59 AM

I have several friends who will want these tickets of your's :D

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Also, yeah I was pretty disappointed with the crowd during Lucky Dragons at the Fonda as well, but I was also pretty disappointed with the actual show due to the band's sitting on the ground which made the whole show a listening experience instead of a visual one, combined with the horrible sound of the Fonda, which just made it a bad listening experience. So all in all it was something I just kind of erased from my memory. I'll have to see them on their own someday soon.

I'm getting more and more excited to see Grouper for the first time in a couple weeks now too and I will be bummed if I can't actually focus and watch her set. I'm sure there will be no problem whatsoever at the Henry Miller Library about this, but I dunno about the Wiltern...

kitt kat
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
It's hard for me to ignore a shitty crowd. I had these two bitches behind me the whole time screaming "OH MY GOD SUMMERTIME CLOTHES" in my ears all night. WTF? Yes, I like the song too. But don't scream and tell the whole world about it. Oh, and I think your mom is waiting outside in the Durango to pick you up; it's a school night.

I just think the Wiltern will be a shitty, shitty time. I won't enjoy the show. I won't have fun. I'd much rather take an Animal Collective break and hop back on in September when this whole MPP mania blows the fuck over.

PotVsKtl
05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
If Big Sur is filled with teenagers I'm going to set the forest on fire.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I really doubt the whole "MPP mania" will be blowing over at all though, and certainly not in the span of 4 months. But whatever, I don't think it's really an issue to begin with.

Where are your tickets for the Wiltern? I think it's different there because it's a seated theater... so crowd annoyance should be reduced to minimal... but I dunno, I've never been there, I'm in the GA pit and I imagine that kinda being on the small side.

betao
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Kat I can understand what you're saying. I wouldn't see AC again right away because of the crowd right now. You go to the show for not just the band, but for the experience as a whole. something like that. I dont know. Maybe I'd see them again right now if I had the chance, but I would definitely find a different spot of the crowd to be in.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM

I am 18... and I have a 16 year old freind coming.

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm just going to punch them in the face at the show here.

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Not just teenagers.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Sayin.

betao
05-12-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm just going to punch them in the face at the show here.

you guys are welcome to the Richmond/DC area anytime.

ThomThom
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
kitty kat, I don’t think you should go to the Wiltern show either, what with all of the big fluorescent sunglasses, deep v-necks, retro sneakers, mom jeans, vests, fedora’s, and suspenders there you won’t fit in AT ALL. Better sell your ticket to schoolofruckus on the double, and no service fee’s either, this is called a “boardie hookup”.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I hate it when I don't fit in at live music performances. HATE IT.

ThomThom
05-12-2009, 11:37 AM

I'm starting to think I shouldn't go either... Oh the embarassment!

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 12:20 PM

It has nothing to do with age really. I hate annoying people in general.

schoolofruckus
05-12-2009, 12:53 PM
kitty kat, I don’t think you should go to the Wiltern show either, what with all of the big fluorescent sunglasses, deep v-necks, retro sneakers, mom jeans, vests, fedora’s, and suspenders there you won’t fit in AT ALL. Better sell your ticket to schoolofruckus on the double, and no service fee’s either, this is called a “boardie hookup”.

I appreciate the support, but I decided to cave and grab a pair on Craig's. I don't trust kitt kat to not change her mind at the last second.

Also, LOLlipop guild.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
So here's the full official setlist from last night

Chocolate Girl
Summertime Clothes
Guys Eyes
What Would I Want Sky
Comfy in Nautica
My Girls
Slippi
Daily Routine
Bleed
Lablakely Dress intro
Fireworks
---
Banshee Beat
Who Could Win a Rabbit
Brother Sport

I hope they never stop opening with Chocolate Girl! Ever! I'm so glad I just get a nice soundboard-quality bootleg of it now to listen to at my leisure.

Gotta love that encore too, pretty much perfect.

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 01:37 PM
someone already posted it... but I think Slippi, Chocolate Girl, Banshee, and WCWAR all in one night warrants a second.

can fireworks please go away though? i love the song, but maybe it's time to put something lengthy, or two other tracks, in it's place.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah I was never really a fan of Fireworks until I saw it live. And then I saw it live twice more and now I'm kinda sick of it again.

It's a crowd pleaser though so I like the way it get the crowd's energy really going... but the fact that it takes up the space of two songs makes me just wish it was a lot shorter...

send me ctrpllrs
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Fireworks is glorious live, but I've already seen it I believe 3 times, so I hope it disappears for at least one of the two upcoming shows I'll be at. That set list last night is awesome though. I don't get sick of Comfy and would love to hear Chocolate Girl again. So good. That encore is perfect as well.

Oh, I also could not resist buying the Animal Crackbox. Can't wait to hear it.

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I should probably get tickets soon...

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
got a note saying my cracker box will ship out tomorrow. i got mine media mail so I expect it early next week. but I bet a rip will surface this weekend.

suprefan
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I really doubt the whole "MPP mania" will be blowing over at all though, and certainly not in the span of 4 months. But whatever, I don't think it's really an issue to begin with.

Where are your tickets for the Wiltern? I think it's different there because it's a seated theater... so crowd annoyance should be reduced to minimal... but I dunno, I've never been there, I'm in the GA pit and I imagine that kinda being on the small side.

Ummm, Its all general admission floor and balcony for this one. Sorry, your ticket isnt so special dude.

See any chairs? Ok, thought so.

http://www.mattdelvecchio.com/images/WilternWritingBorder.jpg

PotVsKtl
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
See any chairs?

Yes? Jesus Fuck you're an annoying tool.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I <3 chair

suprefan
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Yes? Jesus Fuck you're an annoying tool.

Look who is talking.

PotVsKtl
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Your picture is chock stuffed full of chairs to the gills you remoltivated goon. Why don't you go derive personal worth from concert knowledge and fuck off from this human being establishment.

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Has anyone seen the black dice before?

They are opening for Animal Collective here and I was curious.

Boourns
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Speaking of Animal Collective, I need to find some pogs between now and then for the show.

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 06:05 PM

if you like what they do, they put on a great, loud show.

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 06:11 PM
if you like what they do, they put on a great, loud show.

Thanks.

I just downloaded "Beaches and Canyons."

Pretty good. BD and AC seem like belong together.

SoulDischarge
05-12-2009, 06:13 PM

They're very good live, and they make sense as an opener for AC, but it's not the most accessible stuff around, although they have incorporated a stronger pop sense on each subsequent album.

Kokomo (posted mostly because of how much I love this fucking video)
g9WSNMKf_Vw

The same song live:
0ocOWU6GfkM

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 06:15 PM
They're very good live, and they make sense as an opener for AC, but it's not the most accessible stuff around, although they have incorporated a stronger pop sense on each subsequent album.

Kokomo (posted mostly because of how much I love this fucking video)
g9WSNMKf_Vw

The same song live:
0ocOWU6GfkM

Thanks man, yeah I thought the EXACT same thing. Perfect Animal Collective opener.

Beaches and Canyons their best work? Or should I DL more?

SoulDischarge
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
That one is a little old and not really representative of where they are now. Longer song lengths and slower development. Their more recent stuff is significantly shorter and more to the point. I'd say get Load Blown or Creature Comforts. They have a new one out this year that I haven't had a chance to listen to all the way through yet called Repo, so that might be worth checking out. I did like the one song I heard off there.

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 06:26 PM
They will be doing stuff like Repo. It's a fantastic album.

Gribbz
05-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for responses guys. I'm looking forward to the show... still surprised it's not sold out. I know it's Tucson.....but still.

sbessiso
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Even my show down here is sold out. After all these stories, I'm REALLY nervous about the crowd. Its a gloriously tiny venue but the idea of being crammed in there with all those hipsters makes me nauseous

suprefan
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I think thats why yours is sold out, cause its what less than 500 people?

Boourns
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Every picture taken at this site (http://www.latfh.com/) was at an Animal Collective show.

sbessiso
05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I think thats why yours is sold out, cause its what less than 500 people?

Yeah something like that. It really feels like less, I always forget to ask whenever i'm there

SoulDischarge
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't think they have hipsters in Florida. You're probably just thinking of alligators. They're a sly lot.

sbessiso
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't think they have hipsters in Florida

I wish you were right, Pat. Unfortunately, you're not. I need to start mentally preparing myself for this crowd

kitt kat
05-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Kat I can understand what you're saying. I wouldn't see AC again right away because of the crowd right now. You go to the show for not just the band, but for the experience as a whole. something like that. I dont know. Maybe I'd see them again right now if I had the chance, but I would definitely find a different spot of the crowd to be in.

HEY LOOK EVERYONE! A VOICE OF REASON!

And I think my friend is taking the tickets away from me.

SoulDischarge
05-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Why not wear a costume to endear yourself with the crowd?

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs20/300W/i/2007/297/e/6/Why_are_you_so_small__by_LilleahWest.jpg

sbessiso
05-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Ha!

I'm just gunna roll. That'll be fine

TallGuyCM
05-12-2009, 07:15 PM
See any chairs? Ok, thought so.

Just because there's no chairs in this pic doesn't mean that it's always that way. I've personally been to 2 shows at the Wiltern where the floor had rows of chairs. True, for the AC show it's all GA and they let you know before tickets go on sale whether it's seated or GA, but there are a good amount of shows at the Wiltern where you buy tickets by "Floor 1, Floor 2.......Floor 5" and with each number being the # terrace you're sitting at.

suprefan
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
The audience you are even discussing with pretty much only goes to shows at the Wiltern that involve Ga floor. Like Eddie Vedder was seated sure, but thats skewing to the 30 and over crowd.

TallGuyCM
05-12-2009, 07:26 PM
The Eddie Vedder shows were actually the 2 I was talking about. :)

cansei de ser sexme
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM

:( Don't hate. I didn't say a word the whole concert.

They were pretty weird though hehe.

suprefan
05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
:( Don't hate. I didn't say a word the whole concert.

They were pretty weird though hehe.

Kinda the point, but still.

justinaqui
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
at least you guys get a show

summerkid
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I have no idea what these people are talking about salah. The crowd at the Fonda Show earlier this year was seriously one of the best crowds i have ever been in. Everybody was dancing and smiling and having a good time.

On the subject of lucky dragons yes the crowd was a little rude for talking during their set, but if you aren't going to engage the crowd don't be that surprised if they lose interest. I seriously had no idea what lucky dragons were even doing up there they could have just been laying on the floor playing a record for all i know.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
My friends and I sat on the ground during Lucky Dragons. Everyone probably thought we were total assholes for that. But I was tired, the music was suited for sitting down, and hey if the band is allowed to sit during the set so should we...

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I have no idea what these people are talking about salah. The crowd at the Fonda Show earlier this year was seriously one of the best crowds i have ever been in. Everybody was dancing and smiling and having a good time.

On the subject of lucky dragons yes the crowd was a little rude for talking during their set, but if you aren't going to engage the crowd don't be that surprised if they lose interest. I seriously had no idea what lucky dragons were even doing up there they could have just been laying on the floor playing a record for all i know.

I agree completely with everything you said here. And for the record, I am a big fan of Lucky Dragon's music.

Where I was out on the steps in the back, the crowd wasn't exactly great, but everyone out on the floor was having an awesome time it seemed like. I myself just wanted a good view that night for once...

cansei de ser sexme
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
My dad saw the lucky dragons show from the balcony and after the show told me they looked like an SNL skit. i lol'd.

betao
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM

It's not a matter of being interested or not. No one is telling you or someone else to be interested, or to like it for that matter. You don't have to like it, that's fine. But you should at least show respect to the act playing, regardless of whether or not you're interested. If you don't like it, that's fine. If you think the act is boring, that's fine. But don't talk during it - that's just disrespectful. It's just simple concert etiquette.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
It's definitely rude, and I don't like it at all... but it's not the least bit surprising, especially with a band like them. I don't know, I'm just used to it at this point I guess, it's hard to expect much else when you're going to 2,000+ venue for a band like Animal Collective. I pray that Grouper gets a quiet crowd during her Big Sur set, which she may or may not, but I'm not at all expecting the crowd to give her their full undivided attention at the Wiltern, and I guess I'd just rather be prepared for that...

Things may just be different in LA though, who knows. It also seems like the smaller the show, the quieter the crowd will be, with very little excpetion.

Sushov23
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
My friends and I sat on the ground during Lucky Dragons. Everyone probably thought we were total assholes for that. But I was tired, the music was suited for sitting down, and hey if the band is allowed to sit during the set so should we...

you were tired? stop being a pussy man. Sitting down at solo shows has no excuse whatsoever, it's just an asshole move by anyone who does it. IF YOU REALLY ARE THAT TIRED, THEN SELL YOUR TICKET AND DONT GO.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Hahahahahahaha. I have nothing to say

cansei de ser sexme
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
it was on like a thursday night lol. I was tired too.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:24 PM
In regards to my tiredness that evening, I actually have a very good story behind that, but that's for another day.

But no, my energy level shows almost never merits sitting down on the floor... unless it's the artist themself that is making me sleepy...

Sushov23
05-12-2009, 08:24 PM
aren't you guys 18? man, you guys should have a bunch of energy. Anyone in that 16-28 range, should not be tired for a show. Drink an energy drink, or have a coffee, take your B-6, B-12 or something. NO EXCUSE for anyone. Now festivals are another story.

cansei de ser sexme
05-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I was 15 then.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh no Sushov, you're right, and the times in which I am that tired during a show are extremely rare. I just had a pretty hellish day that day getting up to LA from San Diego, and I was having a lot of trouble relaxing before Animal Collective started, so my friends and I collectively decided that both Lucky Dragon's music and our evening as a whole needed some brief sitting down to better be enjoyed. We got up for Ariel Pink and we were much better for it.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
With that said though, I never mind people sitting on the ground in front of me during or before a show at all. Do what you feel like doing. It's not like you're really taking up more space. Just enjoy yourself.

betao
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
aren't you guys 18? man, you guys should have a bunch of energy. Anyone in that 16-28 range, should not be tired for a show. Drink an energy drink, or have a coffee, take your B-6, B-12 or something. NO EXCUSE for anyone. Now festivals are another story.

I agree with this to an extent.

I was kinda tired for AC yesterday because I drove 2 hours nonstop through fairly heavy traffic to get to the venue. Sometimes people have good reason to be tired because they really trek to the venue.

Tylerdurden31
05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm expecting the crowd tomorrow night in NYC to be your typical NYC hipster tame. I on the other hand plan on jumping up and down at least once or twice

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I was really happy to have long hair during Brothersport last March... I can definitely say that.

Sushov23
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I agree with this to an extent.

I was kinda tired for AC yesterday because I drove 2 hours nonstop through fairly heavy traffic to get to the venue. Sometimes people have good reason to be tired because they really trek to the venue.

When i'm not living in SD, I have to drive from Indio to either LA or SD for any show I go to. So I understand the trek to the venue, still most of us can get through it. I understand though Pancakes(Ryan right?)

Down Rodeo
05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
So I'm strongly considering picking up a ticket to the show at the Fox in Oakland. I might just get a balcony seat, but is it worth spending the extra $15 to be on the floor? I've never been to this venue.

TallGuyCM
05-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Sushov, give the guy a break. It's not like he sat down during Animal Collective. He sat down for the first of two opening bands. If this bothers you enough to bitch about it this much on a message board, then you're more of the problem than he is.

Sushov23
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Sushov, give the guy a break. It's not like he sat down during Animal Collective. He sat down for the first of two opening bands. If this bothers you enough to bitch about it this much on a message board, then you're more of the problem than he is.

It's rude to sit down during someone's set man. They are up there performing for you. Also it's a respectful thing for the people around you. when you are sitting down you make other people worried/uncomfortable to jump around, or do whatever it is they do while said band is playing. In between breaks so be it, but while a band is up there is all i'm saying. Also me and problems at shows, dont go together.

Boourns
05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
I was too tired to stick around for xiu xiu at ucla and left. But I never really cared for them at all and I had been at school since the previous night. All nighter in the library ftw. Worst birthday ever.

cansei de ser sexme
05-12-2009, 09:03 PM
would you sit if the jonas brothers were opening for animal collective?

TallGuyCM
05-12-2009, 09:04 PM

Absolutely sit. While debating whether to slash my wrists.

SoulDischarge
05-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Oh no Sushov, you're right

There is NO EXCUSE for ever saying/typing that phrase. Sushy, shut up.

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
HEY LOOK EVERYONE! A VOICE OF REASON!

Notice in the post he said he'd just find somewhere else to stand.

You are insanely dramatic and need to relax, none of this is the end of the world, whether you go to the concert or not.

cansei de ser sexme
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Absolutely sit. While debating whether to slash my wrists.

that was directed at sushi, but your conclusion should be similar to his.

wmgaretjax
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

this is idiotic hyperbole. the reality is, Animal Collective is a band most people here respect, so respect their choice for an opener by not fucking it up for everyone there by being a cocksucker. step outside for a smoke or to call your mom if you are that unengaged, but don't be an asshole inside the venue.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I guess the root of this discussion for me is whether or not Lucky Dragons is offended by my sitting down during their set. To which I honestly have no idea. I have never played a live gig of that size in my life.

I would assume that they would not be offended because, for one, I am indeed listening to and enjoying their music during the set, and just as well, they are sitting down on the ground themselves which would seem ironic...

dorkfish
05-12-2009, 09:36 PM
One of those Jonas Brothers looks a lot like Stevie from Belle & Sebastian

TallGuyCM
05-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Well pancakes could they even have possibly noticed you sitting? Or were you sitting up front close to the rail? Because if you were mid to back of the place and they most likely didn't see you sit then the argument's irrelevant. Not that it was ever really relevant to begin with.

pancakespancakes
05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Ehh, I think it's a pretty interesting discussion... because I like sitting... and yeah I was definitely in the back, I couldn't even see them (vice versa) when I was standing on my tippy-toes.

Sushov23
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
this is idiotic hyperbole. the reality is, Animal Collective is a band most people here respect, so respect their choice for an opener by not fucking it up for everyone there by being a cocksucker. step outside for a smoke or to call your mom if you are that unengaged, but don't be an asshole inside the venue.

this is pretty much what I was trying to say, and also about the whole feeling tired. Soul Discharge, and CSS round of applause for you guys, you make me proud. Goodbye.

bmack86
05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
I bet Lucky Dragons wouldn't care if you sat. They had us all get on the ground for a good portion of the show I saw them play at the El Rey.

sbessiso
05-13-2009, 05:14 AM
There is NO EXCUSE for ever saying/typing that phrase. Sushy, shut up.

No kidding. Pancakes still has much to learn

Gribbz
05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Just got my ticket to the show. Pretty excited.

suprefan
05-13-2009, 05:59 PM
So I'm strongly considering picking up a ticket to the show at the Fox in Oakland. I might just get a balcony seat, but is it worth spending the extra $15 to be on the floor? I've never been to this venue.

You know its sold out right?

Down Rodeo
05-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I was going to get a secondary market ticket. Craigslist, etc. There are plenty available.

dorkfish
05-14-2009, 02:12 AM
got a note saying my cracker box will ship out tomorrow. i got mine media mail so I expect it early next week. but I bet a rip will surface this weekend.
Mine hasn't shipped yet. My order cleared through PayPal, so I'm hoping that I got in on time and don't have to get issued a refund.

Tylerdurden31
05-14-2009, 05:08 AM
so that was fun. I got there late and caught half of Summertime Clothes as I was trying to find a spot. the place was packed with people who were doing the standing still. I eventually found a spot near the front off to the side where there was a small group of people actually having fun. I too had fun because others were having fun. I'd see them again.

clumsy342
05-14-2009, 06:33 AM
I really, really hope the portland crowd doesn't suck.

Tylerdurden31
05-14-2009, 07:32 AM

I am going to assume that no crowd could suck as much as a NY crowd.

Though once they got to Brothersport, a good portion of the crowd was going crazy.

kreutz2112
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm not really worried about the crowd in Vegas. I'll have fun regardless.

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Mine hasn't shipped yet. My order cleared through PayPal, so I'm hoping that I got in on time and don't have to get issued a refund.

Fusetron forwarded me on the paypal receipt and there was a note at the bottom. it took me a minute to realize that there was more, maybe you just missed it?

someone on collected animals claims they got theirs (in NJ, makes sense)... Maybe he, or some other lucky early recipient, will rip it by the end of the day?

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM

heh... it's portland. i've had some of the worst and best crowds ever there... the city is a fucking tossup.

suprefan
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
so no setlist updates? Just the same old stuff they played the 2 shows mentioned?

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
What is this, Radiohead?

New York 5/13
Chocolate Girl
My Girls
Also Frightened
Summertime Clothes
Slippi
What Would I Want Sky
Guys Eyes
Comfy in Nautica
Fireworks (with newish outro)
Leaf House
--Encore--
Bleed
Lion In A Coma
Brother Sport

Same old.

suprefan
05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
What is this, Radiohead?

Same old.

Yes, WHAT IF THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED A DIFFERENT SONG!!?!?! YOU WOULD FREAK!!!!

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Off topic, but I still just can't get enough of this album, I've logged about 20 plays on it the last month...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t_nSeTnEIWE/ScMkiHcKspI/AAAAAAAAAp4/zYA7Rkdw_lw/s400/prism.jpg

I can't believe we're only 2 weeks away now.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Yes, WHAT IF THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED A DIFFERENT SONG!!?!?! YOU WOULD FREAK!!!!

Heheheheh. That I would!

bobert
05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I really wish I could see Animal Collective by myself, without any of you blowhards around to ruin the experience. That way I could sit down in the middle of the dancefloor and enjoy the show in peace without anyone younger, older, taller or less cool than me obstructing my view.

real talk
05-14-2009, 05:34 PM
hahaha

TallGuyCM
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
What is this, Radiohead?

New York 5/13
Chocolate Girl
My Girls
Also Frightened
Summertime Clothes
Slippi
What Would I Want Sky
Guys Eyes
Comfy in Nautica
Fireworks (with newish outro)
Leaf House
--Encore--
Bleed
Lion In A Coma
Brother Sport

Same old.

It would be great if they'd play more songs from Strawberry Jam.....I would also be overjoyed if they ever busted out No More Runnin.

suprefan
05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
where is Peacebone, those mofo's soundchecked it at the Troubadour.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 05:59 PM
That they did, I was there, we aren't totally sure it's Peacebone but it sure sounded like it...

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
word on the street is a crack box rip will surface tonight.

suprefan
05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Nice, so did you get one Jared or no? I couldnt tell from the post from earlier regarding that.

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Nice, so did you get one Jared or no? I couldnt tell from the post from earlier regarding that.

I did.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
5/14 in Boston

What Would I Want Sky
Summertime Clothes
Guys Eyes
Slippi
Who Could Win a Rabbit
Comfy in Nautica
Lablakely Dress intro
Fireworks
Bleed
Bother Sport
----
Chocolate Girl
My Girls
Leaf House

I'm so happy they opened with Blue Sky! That would be awesome if I could witness that myself.

Another super choice setlist.

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 10:46 PM
yay #1.

listening to the crack box right now. i've been waiting 3 years for this thing so I'm pretty pumped.

suprefan
05-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Vinyl rip is where?

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Vinyl rip is where?

what. i'll upload to mediafire in a few... i figure it's ok to post here given there are 1000 copies and they are long sold out and no way to buy digital or cd...

Still-ill
05-14-2009, 11:00 PM
what. i'll upload to mediafire in a few... i figure it's ok to post here given there are 1000 copies and they are long sold out and no way to buy digital or cd...

God.. i still cant believe it was sold out by the time I got on :nono

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 11:16 PM
alright. here it is... i would like to throw out the reminder that the band has said many times that this release is out there for the die hards, and that none of this was stuff is any more than sketchy live recordings and rehearsels. essentially they combed through dozens of hours of minidisc recordings and tried to create a cohesive snapshot of the work they were doing from 2000-2003... there is everything from live performances of sung tongs tracks to the whole pumpkin trilogy to panda bead young prayer cuts...

i can say have listened to about 1/4 of it that some of the people that have recently hopped on as Animal Collective fans might have a funny look on their face as they listen to this. it would probably help to be acquainted with their early material (if you are one of those people that have written off Here Comes the Indian, Hollindagain or Danse Manatee outright this probably isn't for you). i for one feel blessed that they are rad enough guys to do this for their fans.

too big for mediafire (http://www.sendspace.com/file/sutuda)

Still-ill
05-14-2009, 11:19 PM
You rock.

TallGuyCM
05-14-2009, 11:19 PM
THANK YOU for ripping this!

Still-ill
05-14-2009, 11:20 PM
What the hell... I just barely hit download looked away and its already done!?! How is that possible.

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 11:21 PM
i did not rip this. got it from what. this link is from collected animals since my upload to media fire failed.

TallGuyCM
05-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Well, thanks for letting us know it's out there anyways.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 11:35 PM
alright. here it is... i would like to throw out the reminder that the band has said many times that this release is out there for the die hards, and that none of this was stuff is any more than sketchy live recordings and rehearsels. essentially they combed through dozens of hours of minidisc recordings and tried to create a cohesive snapshot of the work they were doing from 2000-2003... there is everything from live performances of sung tongs tracks to the whole pumpkin trilogy to panda bead young prayer cuts...

i can say have listened to about 1/4 of it that some of the people that have recently hopped on as Animal Collective fans might have a funny look on their face as they listen to this. it would probably help to be acquainted with their early material (if you are one of those people that have written off Here Comes the Indian, Hollindagain or Danse Manatee outright this probably isn't for you). i for one feel blessed that they are rad enough guys to do this for their fans.

too big for mediafire (http://www.sendspace.com/file/sutuda)

Thanks for posting man. I really look forward to hearing this. Probably have to just wait and download it tomorrow, too big to download tonight...

wmgaretjax
05-14-2009, 11:40 PM
gonna upload flac if anyone wants to hold off....

Still-ill
05-14-2009, 11:42 PM
gonna upload flac if anyone wants to hold off....

:dumbo
I'm about half way through jimmy raven though, so it's gonna be tough for me to turn it off at this point.

wmgaretjax
05-15-2009, 12:16 AM
FLAC (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJ3Y0DVN)

dorkfish
05-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Fusetron forwarded me on the paypal receipt and there was a note at the bottom. it took me a minute to realize that there was more, maybe you just missed it?

someone on collected animals claims they got theirs (in NJ, makes sense)... Maybe he, or some other lucky early recipient, will rip it by the end of the day?
we have a winner:

thanks much!
all orders will hopefully be out the door by monday. if there are delays, we will notify you..
and PLEASE keep in mind that the post office is not known for its efficiency -- media mail can take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks.. so please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery BEFORE emailing us with questions regarding your order. itll get there..
all the best,
the friendly folks at fusetron

Still-ill
05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks, sounds great!

kitt kat
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
i wish i had enough money for the crack box. sigh.

wmgaretjax
05-15-2009, 01:26 PM
i wish i had enough money for the crack box. sigh.

I really don't right now either... but AC is the one band that I've gone out of my way to collect every piece of vinyl for... I wasn't about to get thwarted... my poor credit card...

send me ctrpllrs
05-15-2009, 07:00 PM
My Animal Crack Box came today!

*sigh*

Not that I can listen or anything. I really need to get myself a record player haha. Have both of Animal Collective's latest releases on vinyl but no way to play them. Soon enough.

I downloaded that set from the 9:30 Club a few nights ago... holy shit. They sounded so good. One of the best sets I've heard from them. Big Sur is going to be so awesome!

pancakespancakes
05-17-2009, 04:41 PM
They busted out Chores! For the first time in I don't know how long. I hope they hold onto that one for a bit.

5/16 in Toronoto:

chocolate girl
comfy in nautica
what would i want sky
lion in a coma
slippi
guys eyes
my girls
lablakely dress
fireworks
leaf house
brother sport

encore:
bleed
chores
summertime clothes

TallGuyCM
05-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Now if they would just drop Lion in a Coma and add No More Runnin now THAT would be a show. Contact high for sure.

JustSteve
05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
the post office is not known for its efficiency --

uh, i've never had a problem with their efficiency. can't bitch when using media mail, you get what you pay for.

samiksha
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
tomorrow night for me! i hope they play banshee beat

bleep
05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
uh, i've never had a problem with their efficiency. can't bitch when using media mail, you get what you pay for.
i've encountered problems w/ USPS. my most recent nightmare involved a Priority Mail package to be shipped b/w Riverside and West LA. the package got mis-routed to Baltimore, MD - the supposed two-day service got extended to five because of USPS's screw up.

pancakespancakes
05-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Now if they would just drop Lion in a Coma and add No More Runnin now THAT would be a show. Contact high for sure.

I agree about both. LIAC needs to be dropped more than anything else right now. It's good live, but still... my least favorite track on MPP. And NMR would be excellent.

But it's kind of amazing the way they're embracing their hits right now, and just in general, all of their back catalogue. Leaf House, Slippi, Comfy in Nautica, and of course Fireworks getting played almost every night, Banshee Beat, Chocolate Girl, and WCWAR played with relative frequency... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they somehow incorporated Grass or Purple Bottle at this point, as weird as that may seem.

Personally... I would prefer a bit more new material in their sets right now, but I can wait. I do like the crowd pleasers. It's just more fun with them.

TallGuyCM
05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
I would love it if they'd play Whaddit I Done, even though I know they won't, just to see if they can pull off that quack-like vocal effect live.

pancakespancakes
05-17-2009, 05:09 PM
If I could have any old song remixed/reincorporated somehow in their live sets, I would have Mouth Wooed Her, that is one of my all-time favorites. I would also love to see them do Daffy Duck somehow, again just because I love it so much...

Whaddit I Done would definitely be cool though.

wmgaretjax
05-17-2009, 05:09 PM
just to see if they can pull off that quack-like vocal effect live.

yeah... i'm not sure it's that tricky.

pancakespancakes
05-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Did anyone here see them live in the Sung Tongs era? I was talking to a guy at the Troubadour show that saw them open for Mum around the HCTI era, not sure when that was exactly though.

wmgaretjax
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
yeah, i saw them in 2003 in seattle at the crocodile. and then in 2004 as well.

pancakespancakes
05-17-2009, 05:16 PM
That's pretty fuckin excellent. Was it all 4 of them playing?

wmgaretjax
05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
2003 was 3 of them if I remember right (deakin definitely was not there)... but i was completely out of it. it was a lot of sung tongs stuff, some stuff that was never released on album (pilot and another one that was similar), and a couple b sides (definitely baby day was played).

2004 was the whole band doing all sung tongs and feels stuff (before the album was released).

EDIT: thinking more about this, in 2003 it was only 2 of them for 75% of the set... and I can't remember whether or not the 3rd person was geo or not...

wmgaretjax
05-17-2009, 07:53 PM
if anyone missed out on crack box... email fusetron, apparently they aren't quite sold out.

kitt kat
05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I LOVE YOU

bmack86
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
I saw them first on the Feels tour. It was all 4 of them and they pulled from Feels, Sung Tongs and Strawberry Jam. It was a GREAT show.

bmack86
05-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Okay, so Fusetron just responded to me saying that they won't know for sure until the 25th or 26th. Is there anyone who could possibly pick it up for me? If so, lemme know in the next three days and I can paypal you the cash.

I'm going to be in New Zealand without any internet access, so it won't work.

05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
i would kill for "For Reverend Green"

jdaws
05-18-2009, 11:16 PM
just got back from the show in royal oak, was magnificent. they started off with "also frightened" and up on their big visual ball there were witches and ghosts flying around spooky castles. oooo. they played mpp + "leaf house" "who could win a rabbit" "fireworks" and i want to say "slippi" (but not sure). fireworks was cool, they had the drum bit going for the longest time and finally added on the chanting melody - there might of been a song or something played in between the two parts. did some lasery sounds for a bit during the encore, sounded cool. was dancing my face off and a lot of people around were really into it too. couldn't really slip forward thru the crowd, that was kindof lame. great time, really polite guys

05-19-2009, 02:16 AM
i would also kill for winter wonder land

rainbow ice slide downhill! :D :D :D :D :D

DRcube
05-19-2009, 08:27 AM
. did some lasery sounds for a bit during the encore, sounded cool.

chocolate girl?
they played all of MPP?

wmgaretjax
05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Okay, so Fusetron just responded to me saying that they won't know for sure until the 25th or 26th. Is there anyone who could possibly pick it up for me? If so, lemme know in the next three days and I can paypal you the cash.

I'm going to be in New Zealand without any internet access, so it won't work.

I would do this, but i'm a little nervous about ordering to the same address. kinda worried they'd cancel your order... however, if no one else steps up... I can still try, just with the caveat that I might end up paypaling your money back if it's no go.

also, got mine yesterday. it's absolutely gorgeous.

wmgaretjax
05-19-2009, 02:03 PM
aquarius just tweeted that they have two copies...

http://www.aquariusrecords.org/aboutmailorder.html

samiksha
05-19-2009, 03:11 PM
was dancing my face off and a lot of people around were really into it too. couldn't really slip forward thru the crowd, that was kind of lame. great time, really polite guys

where were you? it looked like the people front and center were having a good time. i wish i had gotten in the mix.

chocolate girl?
they played all of MPP?

i think this is the setlist

Also Frightened
Leaf House
My Girls
What Would I Want Sky
Daily Routine
Slippi
Summertime Clothes
Who Could Win a Rabbit
Guys Eyes
Fireworks

Encore:
Bleed
Lion in a Coma
Brother Sport

jdaws
05-19-2009, 06:22 PM
i was hovering around the edges of the crowds. woulda liked to get closer to the crazy dance bounciness as well but people were pretty defensive of their spots. understandable tho. man ppl lost it to brother sport

bmack86
05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Actually, the more I think about it, I can't afford it, and I like the records but not enough to buy the box I think. But, I do have to get Feels and Sung Tongs and here Comes the Indian on vinyl at some point.