View Full Version : Stagecoach April 25th Weekend

ArcadeParade
10-04-2008, 10:28 AM
From Pollstar:

Sat 04/25/09 "Stagecoach"
Sat 04/25/09 Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Though Pollstar is not always accurate...this is interesting.

captncrzy
10-04-2008, 10:34 AM
This supports the article from last month that said Coachella is being moved to the weekend prior to the 25th.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I wonder how much difference it will make in the weather?

ArcadeParade
10-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Though Pollstar is not always accurate...this is interesting.

Yes, but with the dailyswarm article, and the 'chris cagle' dude....it's gettin pretty close to certain, I'd say 95% its the 17th weekend

rage patton
10-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Fuck.

aeroplanee
10-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm really hoping this doesn't get moved to a Spring Break weekend

Crowd Control.

frozen pilgrim
10-04-2008, 12:06 PM
come on, gv. we like the heat, we like the dates, don't make this impossible for students

JustSteve
10-04-2008, 12:07 PM
how would moving it up a week make it impossible for students?

suprefan
10-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm, my theory is this. They are accomodating Radiohead and since their tour in Mexico ends waaay before the original date, they had to move it up to not have such a big gap be in between there and this. It happend in 2004, they move it to the first weekend in May because RH had their Japan Australia tour that week.

Pretty much everyone has finals that week leading up to or right after it ends if this date holds.

ArcadeParade
10-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Hmmmm, my theory is this. They are accomodating Radiohead and since their tour in Mexico ends waaay before the original date, they had to move it up to not have such a big gap be in between there and this. It happend in 2004, they move it to the first weekend in May because RH had their Japan Australia tour that week.

Pretty much everyone has finals that week leading up to or right after it ends if this date holds.

I hope you're right!

amyzzz
10-04-2008, 01:51 PM

Pretty much everyone has finals that week leading up to or right after it ends if this date holds.This is also my theory. From a couple days ago. muahahha

rage patton
10-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I will still make it to Coachella next year. That week is just going to be incredibly stressfull though. Even with the new date, my exams will not conflict with Coachella, no matter what. The real problem is with my girlfriends exams...

Boourns
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Moving it up a week would help the UC kids.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2008, 02:51 PM
So Radiohead play Coachella and then Phoenix right?

indietron
10-04-2008, 02:57 PM

I really hope this theory is true.

Thats wierd about the finals dates... cause i go to Cal State Fullerton and my finals are like 3 weeks into May. So either date would work for me.

paulb
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I think by Radiohead, you guys mean Metallica, who are back in the US in april for the Rock and Roll hall off fame, and a headlining Coachella set, then back to europe for the rest of the summer.

Boourns
10-04-2008, 03:22 PM
That will go over even better than Metallica headlining Lollapalooza back in 1996.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I think by Radiohead, you guys mean Metallica, who are back in the US in april for the Rock and Roll hall off fame, and a headlining Coachella set, then back to europe for the rest of the summer.

With all due respect Paul and I don't mean this to offend anyone but....

Fuck Metallica...

With all due respect.

anti-square
10-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I wonder how much difference it will make in the weather?

That weekend is pretty pivotal weather wise. In this sense, it would be an awesome change. It would make alot of people (campers) happy.

paulb
10-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Eff Metalligrr

nah, Metallica at Coachella would be quite unappropriate, but considering they did Bonnaroo, you never know what can happen.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Eff Metalligrr

nah, Metallica at Coachella would be quite unappropriate, but considering they did Bonnaroo, you never know what can happen.

no, I think Paul T would have other options available to him..I would hate Metallica to be there...I would rather have JJ..

Boourns
10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I know their music sucks now, and has for years, but I still want to see Metallica someday. But yeah, they wouldn't fit at all.

paulb
10-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Death Magnetic doesnt suck, thats for fuckin sure.... download it Boourns.

frozen pilgrim
10-04-2008, 03:44 PM
yeah...
I really love and appreciate the relaxed vibe in the grounds this past year, especially compared to sunday of 07.
I mean, to be fair, rage was one of the top three reasons for me coming to coachella. it was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. but the vibe that day was just... not right. not right at all. it felt intimidating, not relaxing

edit: also, the songs on death magnetic are good, and the production is mortifyingly bad. I'm actually very interested to see them live and see how it sounds with the dynamic range compression off

kitt kat
10-04-2008, 03:54 PM
the date change really doesn't affect me...

but i mean...i like the hot!

JustSteve
10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah...
I really love and appreciate the relaxed vibe in the grounds this past year, especially compared to sunday of 07.
I mean, to be fair, rage was one of the top three reasons for me coming to coachella. it was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. but the vibe that day was just... not right. not right at all. it felt intimidating, not relaxing

edit: also, the songs on death magnetic are good, and the production is mortifyingly bad. I'm actually very interested to see them live and see how it sounds with the dynamic range compression off

their live shows rank as some of the best i have ever seen...2 1/2 hours of pure energy. i love that they do in the round shows now, too.

blobby1
10-05-2008, 12:12 AM

I'd be very disappointed if GV set up a festival around Radiohead's touring schedule. That kind of booking method would sour the festival forever for some people. If it doesn't work for them, book another headliner. Life does not start and stop with Radiohead. Deal with it.

microcuts
10-05-2008, 12:23 AM
It happend in 2004, they move it to the first weekend in May because RH had their Japan Australia tour that week.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that Goldenvoice went out of their way to cater to omgRadioheadlol. That's simply the way the dates fell that year - Coachella has ALWAYS been been between April 25 and May 1 up until this point. But I suppose omgRadioheadlol all have the five magic rings, possessing the ability to summon Captain Planet and stop global warming, so they may as well be able to also push the best festival in the world back 2 weeks.

Keep in mind Coachella goes against all of omgRadioheadlol's "green" beliefs (but then again, so did most of the shows on their recent "world" tour). It will be funny when they're yet again NOT on the lineup.

Ardentbiscuit
10-05-2008, 01:19 AM
There's only a couple of reasons why they would move the date...

My guess would be it has to do with some really major headliner that's only available that weekend. If indeed it does get moved.

sbessiso
10-05-2008, 05:17 AM
awwww I guess no 21st birthday celebration @ the polo fields for me :(

captncrzy
10-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm really hoping this doesn't get moved to a Spring Break weekend

Crowd Control.

I thought spring break was in March now?

Also, I think the weather will be cooler in the middle of april rather than the end. Go back through some of the pages from last year. Lots of comments that were like "geez if only the festival was a couple of weeks earlier, it would be so much more tolerable". Maybe they're just trying to accommodate those requests? Goldenvoice does a pretty good job of taking our suggestions and converting them to reality.

ClassicCultRecords
10-06-2008, 12:23 AM
fuck metallica

brand new main stage!

stinkbutt
10-06-2008, 12:28 AM
awwww I guess no 21st birthday celebration @ the polo fields for me :(

Ha Coachella hates you

sbessiso
10-06-2008, 12:36 AM
It's a good thing I have your love, stinkbutt

stinkbutt
10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
How was Chi town? I love that city and the sound in that venue is great too, I was there last weekend for MBV.

sbessiso
10-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Not nearly as cold as expected, a great vacation from the hot as balls Miami weather. I hear that MBV show was excellent, I thought Aragon was PERFECT for a Beck show. Chicago is really strict about their smoking rules, I found that a little annoying but the city is indeed beautiful.

I love the way the ceiling is painted in there, when Beck played "Chemtrails" I just had to look up at the "sky". But oh man does the Aragon get hot in there or what, we were so happy we decided against rolling. It might've killed us

stinkbutt
10-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Blame the fuckin liberal kids of hippies for the smoking shit it's the same in this city. That is one thing the south has going for it no one cares everyone just minds their own when it comes to shit like that.

That venue is always strangely hot like really hot idk prolly a really old ac system

sbessiso
10-06-2008, 12:57 AM
yeah, here in Miami we cant smoke indoors but we can fucking smoke outdoors and there are places that still allow indoor smoking, venues and such. but you cant even smoke OUTSIDE in chicago. it was just sily, we got yelled at alot and we werent trying to be punk kids or anything. chicago people were a little rude but nothing like MIA. and I found the CTA trains to be really easy to understand and navigate.

dude, it didnt feel like there was any ac in there at all, I kept saying they need like at least a fan or crack open a window or SOMETHING. and the $3 for a little cup of water was so wrong. but im nitpicking, this IS the place you got to see MBV and I got to see Beck (twice!) at. i've been on the moon for a few days now

stinkbutt
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
but you cant even smoke OUTSIDE in chicago. it was just sily, we got yelled at alot and we werent trying to be punk kids or anything. chicago people were a little rude but nothing like MIA.

I've never seen this sort of thing where were you that you couldn't smoke outside? I've always met really nice, chill people down there but then again I usually know some cats already down there so it's a bit easier.

sbessiso
10-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Random places that just dont allow it even outside of their shops. like starbucks has an outside patio, but no smoking was allowed. things like that. something like you have to be at least 15ft away, dont quote me on that though, I may be getting my wires crossed somewhere. downtown chicago is beautiful though, thats for sure

SoulDischarge
10-06-2008, 01:33 AM
The two times I've been to Chicago I've liked it lots. Lots of stuff happening and really easy to navigate. I think it might be my next move assuming I don't want to leave the US altogether.