PDA

View Full Version : The WWE Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Backwater
10-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Does anyone on this board watch wrestling? If so this will be the place to discuss. There's a good match on right now. It's Jericho vs. HHH vs. Matt Hardy.

JustSteve
10-03-2008, 09:11 PM
back in the mid to late 90's my friends and i would all get together on monday nights, back in the glory days of austin, the rock, etc. lots of weed and lots of drinking usually led to baking sheets being brought out. nothing like sitting enjoying the show and getting smacked in the head from behind you...one time a large cooler was used, there was a lot of blood, haha! haven't watched it at all since the new millenium began.

Backwater
10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
back in the glory days of austin, the rock, etc.

There's not really anyone after the etc. but those two were enough to make wrestling awesome. Like you said, the glory days. Now we have John Cena and Batista?!?! Those are supposed to be the top guys and they're just not doing it for anyone at all.

JustSteve
10-03-2008, 09:15 PM
There's not really anyone after the etc. but those two were enough to make wrestling awesome. Like you said, the glory days. Now we have John Cena and Batista?!?! Those are supposed to be the top guys and they're just not doing it for anyone at all.

oh come on, what about mankind, he had some of the most amazing matches.

Backwater
10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Foley is God, what can I say? He was older though, past his prime in the late 90's glory days. Check out his older matches as Cactus Jack in ECW. Fucking insane!

menikmati
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I've watched WWE (WWF) since I was like 4 years old...so I've seen it all, and I have to say the "attitude era" with Stone Cold and Rock at the top was pretty lame in my opinion....thats when it just seemed to take a turn into a soap opera with matches becoming secondary, and I hate that. I like to watch a good solid match with a nice back story.....but the way the WWE operates now with PPV's every month, it just doesn't seem any good fueds get built anymore and pretty much everyone has wrestled everyone, so there's nothing really big or special to look forward to. I'll still watch Jericho, and Michaels, and Undertaker....those guys are legends.

But the "golden era" (87-92) and "new generation" (93-97) are my favorites. I still consider Bret Hart the best of them all.

Heck, I still got all my old Hasbro action figures stuffed away in my closet from when i was a little kid.

Backwater
10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree with most of what you say here. I also consider Bret Hart the best of them all. I see what you're saying about the attitude era taking a turn into soap opera territory, which is worse than pure matches. I think the reason I liked it so much was because all of my friends, who never gave a shit about wresting, were also into it at that time so I could discuss it with pretty much every single one of my friends so it just seemed really exciting. Not to mention the charisma of the Rock. It's funny because he thought he was too big for wresting so he went into the film industry to try to become the next Arnold/Stallone but he ending up becoming the next Norris/Segal. He was a bigger celeb in wrestling.

I also agree with those three you listed as the legends still performing today. I guess you're pretty excited about Sunday's match; Jericho vs. Michaels Ladder Match? It should easily be a classic, enough though Michaels isn't nearly as athletic as he used to be. I used to watch them at the bar but now I just stream them live online (illegally) and drink for much cheaper at home.

menikmati
10-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't like the attitude era for one of the reasons you just listed....it brought in non-wrestling fans to watch it. I mean I can see why people would think that is cool, but for me, it's like all of a sudden there were a bunch of guys watching this who really didn't care for the matches or wrestling, and instead they were just rooting on the cursing, flipping the birds, beer drinking, rock making jokes kinda thing.....I don't know, it just turned me off. I've always been about the matches first and everything else second. It's just funny that now that Stone Cold and Rock are gone and DX is done, all these new fans are suddenly gone again....which I think just shows they really never cared for the wrestling or matches at all.

And yeah Jericho and Michaels will be a good match...but again, it's just a problem the WWE has these days...they've wrestled like 3-4 times already this year...so why do it again??? Back in the day, it was a giant feud with ONE big match to settle it all, then they would let that rivalary die off for a year or so.....I mean how many times within a couple months do you need to see Michaels face Jericho, or Taker face Edge??? Like I said, I just think with so many of the same matches and bouts taking place, some of the magic and anticipation is just taken away, at least for me.

And I don't order PPV's, I'll just get the results online and youtube sometime down the line....the only PPV I ever ordered was Survivor Series 92 (where Mr. Perfect returned to team with Macho Man to take on Ric Flair and Razor Ramon, Undertaker vs. Kamala in first ever coffin match, and Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels). That Hart vs Michaels match is still one of my favs of all time (though the ending was a little weird, they had Santa Claus come out at the end haha).

Backwater
10-03-2008, 10:03 PM
And yeah Jericho and Michaels will be a good match...but again, it's just a problem the WWE has these days...they've wrestled like 3-4 times already this year...so why do it again??? Back in the day, it was a giant feud with ONE big match to settle it all, then they would let that rivalary die off for a year or so.....I mean how many times within a couple months do you need to see Michaels face Jericho, or Taker face Edge??? Like I said, I just think with so many of the same matches and bouts taking place, some of the magic and anticipation is just taken away, at least for me.

the only PPV I ever ordered was Survivor Series 92
That Hart vs Michaels match is still one of my favs of all time (though the ending was a little weird, they had Santa Claus come out at the end haha).

I completely agree with that whole paragraph about them wrestling each other too many times, and too many ppvs so that takes away a whole lot of the excitement. Vince is old and probably getting a little crazy so when he officially passes the torch to Shane, hopefully he'll realize this and have fewer ppv and big pay off matches.

At first I thought you were talking about the screw job, but that was 97.

What do you think of TNA? I think they have some amazing athlectic talent that even pushes new boundaries, but possibly the worst writing and booking of any pro wrestling organization ever.

menikmati
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I completely agree with that whole paragraph about them wrestling each other too many times, and too many ppvs so that takes away a whole lot of the excitement. Vince is old and probably getting a little crazy so when he officially passes the torch to Shane, hopefully he'll realize this and have fewer ppv and big pay off matches.

At first I thought you were talking about the screw job, but that was 97.

What do you think of TNA? I think they have some amazing athlectic talent that even pushes new boundaries, but possibly the worst writing and booking of any pro wrestling organization ever.

Right, screw job was in 1997 at Survivor Series. Prior to that, Hart had wrestled Michaels before at Survivor Series 92 for the championship (this was just when both of their single careers were really taking off).

And as far as TNA goes....it's seriously one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever seen. The production value is so fucking cheesy it's not even funny. They don't know how to use the talent they got, they're living off wrestlers who have left the WWE, and the original characters they do have are just fuckin pathetic, it's embarrassing...Shark Boy?????? WTF is that???? I can't actually believe watch TNA. That production value is just god awful....even way worse than what WCW's was...which was pretty bad too IMO.

Backwater
10-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Do you know about rvdtito4life on youtube? Hahaha! Those guys are fucking hilarious! If you don't know, they're hardcore TNA fans aka the biggest douches in the world. They're not as bad anymore, but look up their older vids if you want to laugh your ass off.

JustSteve
10-03-2008, 10:26 PM
my friend has the funniest tape. there was a match that was televised from his hometown of san diego years ago. ric flair was sitting in a throne overseeing a match and you see my friend walk right behind him and he pumps his fist and yelled out "woooooooooo" loud enough to be heard on the broadcast. it was classic.

Backwater
10-03-2008, 10:29 PM
You can see me in the crowd at Bad Blood 05 with the HHH vs. Shawn Michaels Hell in the Cell. I wish I was in Pittsburg for the Foley vs. Undertaker one.

menikmati
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
wow rvdtito4life has gotten my vote for biggest fucking douchebag(s) on the entire internet.

Backwater
10-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, hahaha, they really make me laugh.

apostle2
10-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Heck, I still got all my old Hasbro action figures stuffed away in my closet from when i was a little kid.

I had those too. Some of them are worth some scratch, fyi...

Backwater
10-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Only If you haven't opened them ... otherwise they're worth next to nothing, and what kind of kid refuses to play with their toys, in the sake of future value increase? None (who are normal). I have lots of old valuable wrestling figures and I don't care if they would be worth much more if they were unopened. If I never opened them, I would be a very strange kid. You should have fun when you're a young'un, for real.

apostle2
10-04-2008, 02:34 AM
mine were open and I still sold some of them for hundreds...haha. I still have the real valuables too.

Backwater
10-04-2008, 02:37 AM
mine were open and I still sold some of them for hundreds...haha.

Really? I have Hawk and Animal, Hogan, Sting and Savage. Are you saying those would be worth a few hundred? Damn. I really hope my parents didn't throw them away. I'm going to ask them to look around in the old closet next time I speak to them in a couple days. Nice to know. Thanks apostle2

Tylerdurden31
10-04-2008, 06:10 AM
You guys are making me feel old.

Gimme Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man, Lenny Poffo, Legion of Doom, Four Horsemen, Sting back when he wasn't fat...that was good shit. WWF and NWA.

marooko
10-04-2008, 07:37 AM
you gotta be fucking kidding me.

grow up and watch some fucking MMA.

or better yet, watch all of brock lesnars fights over and over, and get this awesome image of him in your head. then watch him get slaughter next month by Couture.

PassiveTheory
10-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I think I got on PPV at Taboo Tuesday a couple years ago when it was in San Diego, otherwise I don't have any funny wrestling stories.

I did see Bash at the Beach...98, I think. Which ever one had Rodman and Malone wrestle. Stupid fucking shit.

menikmati
10-04-2008, 09:47 AM
You guys are making me feel old.

Gimme Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man, Lenny Poffo, Legion of Doom, Four Horsemen, Sting back when he wasn't fat...that was good shit. WWF and NWA.

Exactly, way back in the day Macho Man and Ricky Steamboat had some great matches. I always liked The Legion of Doom too, along with the Hart Foundation and Demolition.

menikmati
10-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Really? I have Hawk and Animal, Hogan, Sting and Savage. Are you saying those would be worth a few hundred? Damn. I really hope my parents didn't throw them away. I'm going to ask them to look around in the old closet next time I speak to them in a couple days. Nice to know. Thanks apostle2

Uh just check Ebay for any of them and see what the average price is. I would think the most expensive opened ones would be Dusty Rhodes, Ludvig Borga, 123 Kids, and maybe Kamala, I'm not sure.

I don't have any of the rare ones...and all of my were opened too, because like you said, I had no knowledge that 20 years later, they would actually be worth something...I opened them all, played with them and had my own PPVs. If I would of known about how much these figures would of been collectibles, I would of just bought more when I was a kid...they use to have a bunch at my Kay-B-Toys, Longs Drugs, and Toys R Us and stuff.

bluemamba
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
A WWE thread?? hmm. I used to watch it all the time too. Back when Shawn Michaels had that awesome Ladder match with Razor at Wrestlemania X.

menikmati
10-04-2008, 09:55 AM
you gotta be fucking kidding me.

grow up and watch some fucking MMA.

or better yet, watch all of brock lesnars fights over and over, and get this awesome image of him in your head. then watch him get slaughter next month by Couture.

I was waiting for you to chime in with that Marooko. Sorry to say, but this whole MMA craze is a joke. It's not even fun to watch, and just having to hear Joe Reagen scream over the matches makes it just that much worse. I mean really, I just can't find the entertainment value of two guys crawling on the floor mat for 5 minutes each round. Plus that whole business has just turned to advertising now.....the guys and the mats are just littered with logos, and all the websites that say they carry the fights and results are just littered with trojans and fees for people to sign up.

bluemamba
10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I was waiting for you to chime in with that Marooko. Sorry to say, but this whole MMA craze is a joke. It's not even fun to watch, and just having to hear Joe Reagen scream over the matches makes it just that much worse. I mean really, I just can't find the entertainment value of two guys crawling on the floor mat for 5 minutes each round. Plus that whole business has just turned to advertising now.....the guys and the mats are just littered with logos, and all the websites that say they carry the fights and results are just littered with trojans and fees for people to sign up.

LOL

I like MMA but this is true. Rogan annoys the shit out of me sometimes. Couture VS lesnar should be fun to watch.

JustSteve
10-04-2008, 10:54 AM
what's this shit on cbs now? kimbo slice vs. ken shamrock tonight. elitexc?

menikmati
10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I really hope Kimbo gets his ass kicked, just so all this fuckin hype around him will die.

faxman75
10-04-2008, 11:06 AM
WWF and NWA 80's was great, WCW mid 90's awesome with the NWO gimmick. The Stone Cold and Rock era was probably the best ever. So much comedy week after week. It was awesome. The last 8 years have been garbage. Every now and again I watch with the kid but I try to get him into the old stuff like Brett Hart but the Rock/stone cold Mcmahon Helmsley era stuff was bar none the best wrestling/acting ever.

PC-2 Violence
10-04-2008, 11:28 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlIR4ZAR5mM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlIR4ZAR5mM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Backwater
10-05-2008, 04:25 PM
No Mercy's on right now. Here's the link to the free live stream for anyone who's interested: http://www.jackbook.com/sports/watch-wwe-no-mercy-2008-live-stream-online

HHH vs. Jeff Hardy should also be pretty good

menikmati
10-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the link, I can never find those live streams.

Backwater
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I just use google and never have much of a problem. Are you watching it now? Just as that Kane/Mysterio match was getting good Kane has to use a chair and get DQ'd, LAME.

Sushov23
10-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Kimbo got fucked up.

JustSteve
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
haha, down and out 14 seconds into the match...got a bit of a glassjaw?

Sushov23
10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
seriously, fucking chump. I would always talk shit about Kimbo, and my friends wouldn't let me hear the end of it. He is a beast, he could beat up anyone, blah blah blah. now they are quiet. BITCHES!

menikmati
10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
PPV ended pretty much how I had predicted. Some good matches. The last three at least.

Backwater
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Undertaker vs. Big Show was better than I expected. I liked the tug-of-war with the belt at the end of the ladder match. Despite the crap undercard matches, it was still one of the better ppvs of the year.

Backwater
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Are you watching tonight, menikmati or anyone else? Not a bad opening segment, sometimes I think Jericho has more mic skills than wrestling skills. He has a way with words and it shows even more when that douche Batista has no mic skills at all. Let's see if Shawn can carry this Lance Cade to a decent match in the ME tonight.

menikmati
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Jericho is great on the mic and great in the ring.

Santino is great on the mic and horrible in the ring.

Batista is horrible on the mic and horrible in the ring.

Backwater
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Haha, agreed 100%

Backwater
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
This Kofi Kingston might have potential, I don't know if he will be able to work a mic though. What do you think of CM Punk? I think he's alright but that straight edge gimmick is so lame.

menikmati
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
This Kofi Kingston might have potential, I don't know if he will be able to work a mic though. What do you think of CM Punk? I think he's alright but that straight edge gimmick is so lame.

Eh I'm not sold on Kofi Kingston. I mean yeah he's energetic and has charisma and the kids love him, but I don't think that's gonna get him anywhere except being a filler for mid card matches. He reminds me of Koko B. Ware, everyone loved him and he brought energy to the ring, but he never achieved anything.

And for CM Punk, you're right, his gimmick stinks, as does his name. I mean he's good, and could one day stand up to the bigger names for title shots, but not yet. They really need to change his character, but he came from the ECW brand so I guess thats where his gimmick kinda grew from. Though if you want my opinion, WWE should just drop that whole ECW brand...I don't even watch it (partly cuz I don't get sci-fi channel), but they only have a handful of worthwhile wrestlers on there who they could and should diversify on their two other shows. Keep to to Raw and Smackdown. This whole ECW thing just sucks IMO.

Backwater
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Well I don't know if you were a crazy huge fan of Paul Heyman's original ECW like I was but when WWE started this bullshit, only one word came to my mind: blasphemy. Then again, I'm a huge fan of basically anything that comes out of Philly, so maybe I'm overrating the original ECW but I really thought it was great. Cactus Jack, Taz, Chris Candido, RVD, Sabu, the list goes on and on

menikmati
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Eh I was never a big fan of the original ECW either. To me, after having watched WWE since I was like 4 or so, ECW just seemed to be a dirty cheap version of wrestling. I've always been a fan of long, solid, technical matches without any of the "weapons" or "extreme rules" (i don't mind the low blow or rake to the eyes - ah good ol Ric Flair). ECW was just too over the top for me.

Backwater
10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
HHH looked very heelish in his match last night against Jeff. I hope they turn him fully, I just don't see him as a face right now at all.

menikmati
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Not for a while, especially with his feud with Vladimir coming up. I think Batista is gonna turn heel after Cena comes back. I've always been more of a heel fan. The only babyface I ever really truly liked and rooted for was Bret Hart and Undertaker (and British Bulldog - when he was a babyface). Other than that, I usually stick to heels and have since growing up (Demolition, Mr. Perfect, HBK - when was heel, Jericho, Million Dollar Man, etc...).

faxman75
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Loved ECW, loved how they were kinda for the smart wrestling fan and they pulled no punches. Hardcore. Awesome. The crowd interaction and chants were great. Chanting "shes a crack whore" or "you fucked up" when someone in the match makes a mistake or fails at hitting some choreography correctly. Classic. Those Rob Van Damn vs Jerry Lynn matches were incredible back in the day.

Backwater
10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Loved ECW, loved how they were kinda for the smart wrestling fan and they pulled no punches. Hardcore. Awesome. The crowd interaction and chants were great. Chanting "shes a crack whore" or "you fucked up" when someone in the match makes a mistake or fails at hitting some choreography correctly. Classic. Those Rob Van Damn vs Jerry Lynn matches were incredible back in the day.

Agree 100%. Smart marks, smarks, those were the fans. "You fucked up!" = classic. Did you see the match with the raining chairs at the end? I think it was Al Snow vs. Foley, or one of those two was at least involved in it, but at the end, I think Al asked the audience, "Can somebody throw me a chair?" Of course someone did right away, then another one came, then another, and another, then before you knew it, the entire place was raining chairs into the ring, it was beautiful.

faxman75
10-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I remember the chairs vividely. It was so great. I saw an Anarchy Rulez ppv in 1999 I think live. It was so much fun. The main event was Matsatu Tanaka vs Mike Awesome vs Taz. A triple threat match for the title. It started out as a regular match and then one of them showed up and I forget who but it was great. Gotta love the "oh my god" Joey Styles commentary as well. I have the three official hardcore dvd's they put out which are great as well. I can watch the RVD vs Jerry Lynn match over and over. Alfonso's whistle still gives me a headache though. I also used to get a little annoyed with all the pre match posteuring that RVD used to do but hey, he was the Whole Fucking Show.

The Sandman was the original beer drinking bad ass, not stone cold but not many people know that. Gotta love a guy who comes to the ring smoking a cigarette drinking a beer.

marooko
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
so, menik, you like the soap opera that is WWE instead?

and, kimbo got laid out. im so fucking glad.

menikmati
10-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I like the entertainment of the WWE. That doesn't mean I like every "soap opera/storyline" they have or every wrestler they have, but I enjoy some of it, and I enjoy a few of the wrestlers.

I just can't find the same in MMA/UFC/whatever. I can't get involved or even care when two 150 lb guys are grappling on the mat for 5 minutes. It's times like those I wish I would rather be watching Jericho, or the Undertaker.

CalmerThanYou
10-07-2008, 10:01 AM
this thread is kind of embarrassing to the boardz.

menikmati
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
this thread is kind of embarrassing to the boardz.

I guess I'll never understand why this is all so frowned upon. If you say/think don't watch wrestling because it's fake, then I guess don't watch movies because those are fake too.

CalmerThanYou
10-07-2008, 10:09 AM
NoNo...i'm sorry, im not hating. If you dig it, you dig it, and thats cool.

I think everyone knows its fake, so that shouldnt be argued. I really just think its silly. These huge, roided up dudes, all lathered up in man oil, pretending to fight and have beef...IDK, i guess its just a little much for me.

Like i said, if you dig it, more power to you...in fact, i never should have shit in this thread, it wasnt right of me.

faxman75
10-07-2008, 10:12 AM
calmer and reasonable

JustSteve
10-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I think everyone knows its fake, so that shouldnt be argued. I really just think its silly. These huge, roided up dudes, all lathered up in man oil, pretending to fight and have beef...IDK, i guess its just a little much for me.

the outcomes may be rigged, but the acrobatic shit some of them do is pretty damn amazing, not to mention the falls they take. can't fake that stuff.

put simply, it's a soap opera for men.

CalmerThanYou
10-07-2008, 10:49 AM
put simply, it's a soap opera for men.

FAIR ENOUGH!

psycobetabuckdown
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
And for CM Punk, you're right, his gimmick stinks, as does his name. I mean he's good, and could one day stand up to the bigger names for title shots, but not yet. They really need to change his character, but he came from the ECW brand so I guess thats where his gimmick kinda grew from. Though if you want my opinion, WWE should just drop that whole ECW brand...I don't even watch it (partly cuz I don't get sci-fi channel), but they only have a handful of worthwhile wrestlers on there who they could and should diversify on their two other shows. Keep to to Raw and Smackdown. This whole ECW thing just sucks IMO.

CM Punk has had the same gimmick and the same moves since he started in the indy circuit, e.g. Ring of Honor. I was surprised the WWE didn't make him change it, let alone made him the World Champ. I think the gimmick's all right, but then it's an unusually realistic gimmick - he's like that in real life, straight edge. The gimmick has nothing to do with the "ECW" brand. Yeah, that brand sucks though; I was so depressed when the first show was terrible, then they started dropping the original ECW wrestlers like flies.

I've stopped watching wrestling for the most part, but in recent weeks I've started having no life and watching it again - I have to say RAW is a lot better when you haven't been watching in a while; I got really excited to see Jericho and Shawn Michaels on TV, and sort of interested in the "2nd generation superstar" faction, with DiBiase, Cody Rhodes and Manu.

Backwater
10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
What happened to Edge? Did he get injured in the HIAC match? With him and Orton out the main event scene is a little weak. It's nice to have a break from SuperCena though.

menikmati
10-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Edge is just taking a break. They're "selling" his injury from Summerslam, but in reality, they're just giving him some time off so his fued with Undertaker will die down so he can start a program with someone else.

Somewhat Damaged
10-08-2008, 08:35 PM
So who are the champs in the respective Raw and Smackdown brands right now? Is there anybody decent in ECW or is that barely scraping by? I saw Mike Awesome mentioned in this thread -- he committed suicide by hanging recently, didn't he?

Two stories from watching WWF when I was a kid:

My dad took me to a show at the Tucson Convention Center and we had floor seats. "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff took the match into the crowd. "Macho Man" got thrown to the ground and was literally sprawled out at my dad's feet. When you're 5 years old and one of these behemoths you've been watching on TV for the past couple years is less than a foot away from you, it's sort of a big deal. My dad wanted to pat his back and help him up but opted against it for fear that "Macho Man" would mistake him for "Mr. Wonderful" and punch him.

A couple years later, my dad took me and a friend to another show. I don't know who the face in the match was but the heel was Butch Reed. For those who don't recall, he was a black guy who would come out to the ring kissing his biceps. One of my uncles would always say "***** please" when Butch was on screen, and so being the impressionable youth that I was, I said, "***** please!" as Butch walked out to the ring. Lo and behold, there was a black family sitting two rows in front of us. One moment I'm saying "***** please," the next moment my dad's rapping my head with his knuckles telling me not to say that. I shut up immediately and looked at him like, "What the fuck?!" He apologized profusely to the father of the family in front of us, who was good natured enough to turn around and enjoy the rest of the show.

menikmati
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
RAW champ right is Chris Jericho, SmackDown champ is Triple H, and ECW champ is Matt Hardy. Only one of those I care for is Jericho. Triple H usually gets whatever he wants though, therefore he is champ once again, but I'm pretty tired of him. And I don't care for ECW. They don't have anyone worth while on that show really....Matt Hardy who I don't really like, Mark Henry who's only good for about 5 min matches, Finlay who has that horrible Hornswaggle character following him around, John Morrison, and Tommy Dreamer. I respect Dreamer (he's an ECW original) but I wish WWE would use him more or at least honor him with one world title run in his WWE career.

Backwater
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
You forgot about Evan Bourne, he has potential. He's more of Smackdown/Raw regular now though. I'm also sick of Trips, his No Mercy match with Jeff would have been so much better if I wasn't 100% positive he was going to win. Has Dreamer ever even had an IC or Tag Team title in the WWE? Heyman knew how to use him. His ECW feud with Raven was one of the best in my lifetime.

Backwater
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
menik, do you think Jericho will drop the belt to Batista? I don't want it to happen and I know you don't but do you think he will? I hope he hangs onto it until at least past Survivor Series.

menikmati
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
No I don't think he'll drop the belt to Batista (at least not at Cyber Sunday). I think he'll hold onto past Survivor Series actually. I do think it will be either Cena or Batista who takes it from him though. I bet by the time WM25 rolls around, it will be Cena and Batista for the belt. I like Jericho as champ though.

PassiveTheory
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
It's just too weird to talk about WWE with you guys... So I will pass.

Backwater
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Um, how is it weird? Do you think the movie thread is also weird?

zenidogx
10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Passive is right, a WWE thread is weird, but i like it.

this reminds me of when my rommate got back from work and saw me watching WWE. i felt like i was caught jerking it, but it turns out he likes it too. in fact, he had stopped watching Raw for the first couple of weeks we were living together for fear that i would catch him. pretty hilarious.

anyways . . . Goldust, Rowdy Roddy Piper, or the Honky Tonk Man to fight the italian dude? i wanna see all three, but I know the gimmick will lose the match and can't bare to watch Goldust lose. and Piper is always on, so I'd vote for the Honky Tonk Man.
i love all three choices.

Backwater
10-13-2008, 10:06 PM
"I've got something in my eye?" Fuck Batista, what a terrible face, and heel for that matter, but he really sucks even more as a face.

What is so weird about a WWE thread in the Misc. Lounge of a messageboard where you have threads much weirder than this one? Unless, you think pro wrestling in general is weird.

menikmati
10-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I think it's just WWE and pro wrestling has a bad name attached to it.

Pretty predictable and lackluster Raw. I knew the main event was gonna be Jericho and CM Punk. The only entertaining bits this week were Jericho's, Orton's and Santino's ramblings. Main event could of been decent but having Batista as ref made it too predictable. Michaels match was okay, but Michaels refuses to lose like 95% of the time, and once it was known as a lumberjack match, I knew the finish would be DQ.

Backwater
10-13-2008, 10:35 PM
If only Edge could turn face and they could finally do the Edge vs. Orton payoff match. They actually had a well developed feud about two years ago and they didn't even have one payoff match, which is so unusual these days because like you said, they have too many matches between the same two guys far too often now. They had it built up perfectly for WM 23, only to blueball all of the fans and throw them in an 8 man, even though it's usually 6, clusterfuck of a money in the bank ladder match. I was planning on going to that WM but that pissed me off so much that I decided not go, also the booking was ridiculously predictable at the time with SuperCena winning every match and HHH being injured, there was absolutely no way in hell Michaels was winning the main event. Just one more reason why Detriot sucks.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Whoa! HHH vs. Undertaker tonight. That's quite the main event for the B show. What do you think's going to happen? My money's on Vladimir running out and attacking HHH, DQ.

Young blood
10-24-2008, 07:40 PM
holy christ. This is a thread in which you take this shit seriously? You know when "wrestling" is cool?

Thats right, never.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Shut up Captain Hook

Young blood
10-24-2008, 07:42 PM
hahahaha thats all you got loser? wwe hahahahahaha. Even the mentally handicap laugh at you.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 07:44 PM
You know all about handicaps.

Young blood
10-24-2008, 07:46 PM
I wish I was five again.

When you are over 20 and watch wrestling you might as well sign up for welfare.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I wish I was five again.

Is that when you actually had two hands like normal people?

Young blood
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Thats when I joined society like a "normal person". hahaha wwe hahaha jesus you are poor.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 07:52 PM
WWE is trying to go all out for the MyNetwork TV, that's the only reason you're seeing a match such as Undertaker vs HHH. I also think Vladimir will come out, I'm sure Big Show too, heck maybe even Jeff Hardy. WWE doesn't know how to have a big match end without interference anymore. It's sad.

Have you read the new Bret Hart book? I'm almost done with it, and it's really really good. The best book to ever explore the wrestling world for sure. I feel really sorry and bad for Bret. He was my favorite growing up, heck since as long as I can remember, dating back to 1989 and such....and to see how the greatest wrestler's career ended up like his, it's just sad and disheartning. I have deep hate and digust for Shawn Michaels. I can forgive Vince, epescially what he did for Bret following his run in the WCW, but Shawn, from all accounts taken from Bret's book (and Shawn's own book as well) is just a fucking piece of shit liar poor excuse for a decent human being. He's so fuckin selfish, it ain't even funny. Having read this book just makes me realize I picked the right guy to cheer for growing up.

And speaking of Bret's WCW run, the truth finally comes out in Bret's book of how it was really ran behind the scenes by Bischoff and others (hogan, Nash)....which pretty much means a pile of dog shit could of ran things better than Eric and Nash and Hogan were. They didn't even plan storylines until right before they entered the ring, and they kept throwing Bret all the over place saying maybe do this or do that etc....it truly makes the WCW look so pathetic...Bret should of just retired and never have gone over there, it's an embarrassment to his career.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 08:04 PM
WWE doesn't know how to have a big match end without interference anymore.

Shawn is just a fucking piece of shit liar poor excuse for a decent human being.

They didn't even plan storylines until right before they entered the ring

I completely agree about them not knowing how to end a match cleanly anymore. On the rare occasion that they do, it's a match between two crappy wrestlers like Cena vs. Batista. The Great Khali usually wins cleanly also.

Shawn sounds a whole lot like Young Blood. In all seriousness though, I always kind of assumed he was a terrible person. The irony of it is he's supposedly super religious and he loves the Lord with all his heart.

I knew about WCW not planning anything out until the show started from the Monday Night Wars dvd. They didn't even have run sheets, meaning none of the wrestlers knew who they were fighting or when on any given night. They just book it on the fly, ridiculous. I would expect that from a company like TNA.

No, I actually didn't even hear anything about the Bret Hart book. The only wrestling books I've ever read were Foley's and they were really good. I'll check it out.

Hannahrain
10-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Is that when you actually had two hands like normal people?

You're a fucking idiot. Justin with a prosthetic for each and every extremity could still kick your ass from here to Y3K even if you had the limb surplus of a Hindu god.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Did that have anything to do with wrestling? No, get out of here.

Hannahrain
10-24-2008, 08:14 PM
It referenced fighting. It's considerably more relevant than your attempted pirate-themed playground-grade vitriol.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Shawn finding God is a laugh. That doesn't change a thing at all about who he really is. I believe he use's that "finding God" as an excuse for himself to believe that he's a better person than he believes he is, which in fact, he isn't.

I've read Shawn's book, and I've read Bret's now....and combining both, I've come to a final conclusion that Shawn Michaels is just someone filled with lies and jealousy. He is trash and I have no respect for him whatsoever. He has good ring skill, but as a person and character, he is awful.

You wanna know one major reason Shawn had it out for Bret? This is STRAIGHT from Shawn's own book. Shawn got upset when he found out that Bret was making 1.5million a year on his new contract, while he was only making only $700k a year. He approached McMahon about it and said it wasn't fair.....BUT, he tells McMahon that he didn't care if the Undertaker made more than he was (Undertaker was being paid the same as Shawn), but he DID have a problem with Bret making more....this logic of his is never explained. I don't understand how he could honestly argue that he was mad Bret made more but didn't care about how much Taker made. The only conclusion is that he was scared of Taker (which he was) and jealous of Bret (which he was). Nevermind the fact that Bret had been a lot longer than Shawn had (dating back before WM 1!), had held all the titles up to that point, and had carried the WWF after Hogan left, and had turned down a bigger offer from WCW. Seriously, Shawn had no right whatsoever to demand that Bret being paid that much was unfair, yet he argues this in his book and was one of the main reasons he started manipulating Vince into thinking paying that much to Bret was gonna hurt business and keep Shawn from the spotlight....that's how he thinks. He is such a piece of fucking trash.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg! Yelling at Bret to "get the fuck out of the ring" after WM12 main event, accusing Bret on live tv of having "sunny days" (alluding he was having an affair to Sunny at the time - yet shawn never mentions that he and HHH took an actual shit in a cake box and left it at Sunny's hotel door)....also refusing to drop the belt to Bret at WM13 and forfeting instead...yet when Bret said he won't drop to Shawn at SS, all of a sudden Bret was doing "wrong" for the business. Shawn is such a hypocrite. God, I hate him.

Young blood
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
In all fairness I was asking for it.

Its wrestling. I can understand Meniks stance on it. He can separate fact from fiction. He understands and appreciates the art of the sport.

Backwater just likes oiled up bros in speedos yelling at each other and mashing their salads together.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for keeping this thread on topic menikmati, two worthless goons were trying to hijack it for a minute there.

Wow, he really does sound like a prick! That's some interesting stuff.

gaypalmsprings
10-24-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/1157192722439.jpg

menikmati
10-24-2008, 08:28 PM
In all fairness I was asking for it.

Its wrestling. I can understand Meniks stance on it. He can separate fact from fiction. He understands and appreciates the art of the sport.

Backwater just likes oiled up bros in speedos yelling at each other and mashing their salads together.

We could of shared McMahon's million dollars giveawayz....ah well.

Young blood
10-24-2008, 08:30 PM
If there is ever money involved again, McMahon has my attention.

Young blood
10-24-2008, 08:33 PM
PS Hannahrain will always be mah hero.

<3.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
way to ruin the ending of a perfectly good match....couldn't expect anything less lately. I understand they're trying to promote a PPV, but why use such a high profile match for that kinda ending? Why not just team HHH and taker in tag team.....pretty disappointing.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Agreed.

What's your opinion of John Cena? I'm already almost positive what you're going to say but I'm still curious.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Eh, he's one of those love him/hate him kinda guys....and I really could care less about him. I know he's the face of the company and big money maker for em right now (which is why he won't be going heel for a while - anyone suggesting that or thinking that as a good idea is just a plain idiot)....but I don't really like his gimmick...first he was a rapper/thug, and now what is he? Like an ex-marine guy? Reminds me of a over-happy frat boy. Bleh.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
anyone suggesting that or thinking that as a good idea is just a plain idiot

rvdtito4life

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:08 PM
yeah see he/they have no clue how the business works then....wwe has no reason to turn Cena heel. He's making movies, doing the make a wish stuff, larry king, talk shows, he is the face of the company, he's doing commercials....they don't use heels for that, and none of that will be changing anytime soon.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
yFmeG1TLBqw&feature=channel

cuPw-HcJ4DI&feature=channel

Easily two of the biggest douches on the internet.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:12 PM
They just book it on the fly, ridiculous. I would expect that from a company like TNA.
Yes, I can tell you right now TNA is following the same pattern that WCW was doing. They're gonna sink eventually. Using old WWE stars, they hardly tour the country, their production value is worse than a 3rd grade class, and the booking and ending of matches blows...it's strictly about 3-4 guys (Nash included). Remind you of any former company???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Honestly, I'm amazed that they've lasted this long.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:16 PM
yFmeG1TLBqw&feature=channel

Easily two of the biggest douches on the internet.

HAHAHAHAHA, what the hell is this guying talking about???? WWE repackaging the same guys in the main event each time (Jericho/Michaels). Does this fucking douchebag not realize that the main events for TNA for the last 3 years have consisted strictly of Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting and Samoa Joe?????????????? That's it, and it's not changing, it will only get worse with Nash still hanging around. TNA is doomed. Fuckin fanboys.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I always get a good laugh out of those two fuckheads.

I love the genius Starbuck's analogy in the second one, hahahaha!

faxman75
10-24-2008, 10:21 PM
nRJdas8_aPE

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I loved the original ECW. I feel bad for Paul Heyman now that Vince is kind of making a mockery of the name.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:23 PM
And all this talk of the "young talent" in TNA. It's just gonna be just like WCW, they'll never be used properly or given the right push, and they'll eventually defect to the WWE.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:25 PM
I loved the original ECW. I feel bad for Paul Heyman now that Vince is kind of making a mockery of the name.

They need to drop ECW altogether. They can split that roster across Smackdown and RAW, and give guys like Finlay and Mike Knox and stuff a run at IC and US titles. Create some good fueds and battles that way.

But as long as ECW generates some revenue for em, it's not going anywhere.

faxman75
10-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Vince fucked everything up with the merger. Sad. ECW was really exciting to watch. Those motherfuckers put on a great fucking show for the intelligent wrestling fan. Nothing can beat those Jerry Lynn RVD matches. I think I already said all this way earlire in this thread but I miss it. That youtube is great evidence. To think that was all going on at the time of the WWF at it's peak with the Rock and Stone Cold and Vince.

faxman75
10-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I always found it hard to respect the WWE after ECW convinced me it was watered down.

faxman75
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Old NWA days were great though. I loved scaffold matches. The Great Muta and Sting had some really good feuds too.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
I've never been a fan of that "extreme/hardcore" matches/type of wrestling. I know you guys are, and that's fine, but I could care less about TLC matches or barb wire or the old ECW. I'm a fan of straight old school technical wrestling (Bret Hart, Ric Flair, and Steamboat at their finest). I love a good half hour match of back and fourth and clean wrestling.

faxman75
10-24-2008, 10:32 PM
I loved that stuff too but I enjoyed the evolution. Ricky Steamboat vs Macho Man is still one of the greatest matches ever from wrestlemania 3.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm a fan of straight old school technical wrestling (Bret Hart, Ric Flair, and Steamboat at their finest). I love a good half hour match of back and fourth and clean wrestling.

ECW had that too. It focused more on the extreme/hardcore matches but they had plenty of technical matches too. None of it is in that video though. One of the main things I liked so much about it was the variety. They had lucha libre, hardcore and old school style matches with crazy submission moves and all kinds of reversals. Shane Douglas, Taz and Chris Candido usually wrestled that style.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I loved that stuff too but I enjoyed the evolution. Ricky Steamboat vs Macho Man is still one of the greatest matches ever from wrestlemania 3.

Yes, that is a good match. Makes me wanna pull out the old VHS (that's the only way to watch the oldschool WWF, forget the edited out DVDs, find the old VHS tapes) and watch it again. Gorilla's and Jesse's commentary is top notch too.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Gorilla's and Jesse's commentary is top notch too.

QFT

I'll try to find some ECW matches that you would like.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
This is a pretty good tag team match from 95, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko vs. Sabu and Taz

SGcZ1QGfnUE

ODWRE0K5R2Y&feature=related

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm gonna try to put some thought in and get back to this thread and list my favorite/top matches. I'll have to think it over for a couple days.

menikmati
10-24-2008, 10:55 PM
This is a pretty good one from 95, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko vs. Sabu and Taz

SGcZ1QGfnUE

ODWRE0K5R2Y&feature=related

Alright, I'll def check these out.

faxman75
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I always liked Heenan and Monsoons commentary. I loved Bobby and his humor. Great manager and announcer.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Heenan was great. He was like a more funny JR. I think JR is still the best ever though. I wish they didn't move him to Smackdown. Michael Cole is kind of a douche.

bballarl
10-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Christ, I had forgotten about so many of these guys. ECW was fucking awesome back in the day...it used to be on TNN before that became Spike. There was a block on Fridays I think it was that was ECW, Rollerjam (or whatever they called their Roller Derby thing) and Monster Trucks. My friend and I used to watch all that stuff whenever we had neighborhood gatherings. Oh 1998.

Backwater
10-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Are you from Mississippi or something? Sometimes I feel like a redneck for watching pro wrestling but rollerjam and monster trucks?!?! Sheesh!

It's cool though. If you were drinking I could see that being good times.

bballarl
10-25-2008, 12:04 AM
It was TNN. The Nashville Network. Total redneck programming. But no, I was not drinking and am not a redneck. I was like 10 years old. All that stuff was extremely exciting at the time.

Backwater
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
4vkJkDtv5Aw

paulb
10-25-2008, 12:17 AM
lol, nice vid...

bballarl
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
It wasn't an ECW match without kendo sticks, tables, bleeding, or other ridiculousness.

I used to love the hardcore matches. New Jack, Spike Dudley, Sabu, The Sandman, etc.

Backwater
10-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Are you a wrestling fan Paul or were you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

paulb
10-25-2008, 12:32 AM
That video was a lil lame...i watched it though. what was with the swearing? I used to watch Raw since I was 5 till i was 17....but stopped once i got outta high school, but ill watch it if there is nothing else on tv.... I like Kane...

Backwater
10-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Kane is the man but they never push him (give him a chance to become really popular.) You have to keep in mind that ECW had an extremely low budget, especially at that time. Justin Credible and Shane Douglas were both great wrestlers. Check out faxman's video a few posts back, if you like the hardcore stuff, it's just a montage but there's some brutal stuff there.

paulb
10-25-2008, 12:44 AM
wow...i just watched that extreme video faxman posted...now that was pretty brutal... on fire aswell? holy fuck.... did they used to fight like that all the time? just 1 match a week? how did that work.

Backwater
10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
It was a weekly show with a few matches for a couple hours, like Raw.

paulb
10-25-2008, 12:46 AM
those were seriously crazy... did I see Taz vs Bam Bam Biggalo or am i seeing shit?

Backwater
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Yeah, Taz and Bam Bam had a nice feud. Have you seen the TLC matches with Hardys, Dudleys, Edge and Christian?

Check em out: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tlc+wrestlemania+17&search_type=&aq=0&oq=TLC+wr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1rxIeZWnY0

What about Cactus Jack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TcV7Iv4BBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGv3mg1wWbY

I posted links because they're so long and they require multiple different videos to see the whole matches so it would have made this thread difficult to read. Over the years I've become more of a fan of the technical stuff that menikmati was talking about but the extreme stuff is still fun.

bballarl
10-25-2008, 01:01 AM
I just wasted an hour reading about various wrestlers instead of doing a paper. Thanks guys.

paulb
10-25-2008, 01:02 AM
yes, that TLC match, i saw that one live.... one of my fav fights of all time.

Backwater
10-25-2008, 01:07 AM
If that's one of your favorites then you obviously haven't seen the recent Money in the Bank ladder matches.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=money+in+the+bank+wrestlemani a+22&search_type=&aq=4

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=money+in+the+bank+wrestlemani a+23&search_type=&aq=f

You'll have a couple new favorites after you watch those.

paulb
10-25-2008, 01:14 AM
i also enjoy the wwe bloopers..............

Backwater
10-25-2008, 01:17 AM
"You fucked up!!! You fucked up!!! You fucked up!!!"

That was a chant that the ECW audience used to do. They had so many inside jokes like that. I really, really miss ECW.

paulb
10-25-2008, 01:18 AM
and WWE has the 'asshole' chants....

Backwater
10-25-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah but that's kind of lame and obvious. The fact that ecw fans acknowledged and (to a certain extent) celebrated the bloopers just goes to show you how much love they had for the company. They would also let the audience bring their own weapons to the show so that the people in the front row would hold up, lets say a trashcan lid, and one wresler would throw the other into the object that the audience member is holding up. Shit like that would never fly in WWE.

This was so awesome

BTmm_icx8Bc

paulb
10-25-2008, 01:29 AM
holy fuck, that is sweet...

Backwater
10-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Too bad ECW is dead, you would have been a huge fan.

paulb
10-25-2008, 01:37 AM
life goes on...

menikmati
10-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Ok so I watched that second vid, and wow....it's like these guys are wannabe brown nosers for TNA. I've never seen more retarded thinking/logic in my entire life. It's one thing to say hey the WWE sucks right now (which is mostly does), but to name excuses of why the WWE sucks but turnaround and use those same points to say TNA rules, well it's just fucking dumb and hypocritical and makes no sense at all, but it comes as no surprise as it's coming out of these two idiots mouths, and they def seem to dumb to realize how stupid they really sound.

And that Starbucks thing made absolutely no sense whatever...seriously how old are these guys? Their stupidity amazes me. With people like this backing TNA, their downfall should be just around the corner.

Backwater
10-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I think both of them want to work for TNA, but even the retards running TNA saw some of their videos and said, "God these guys are dumb, there's no way they could benefit this company."

Backwater
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Cyber Sunday is on live right now: http://www.superstarsarena.com/wwe/live/sunday/cyber-sunday-2008/

zenidogx
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
thanks

am i the only one tired of Rey Mysterio?

Backwater
10-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm still a Rey fan, but he is awful on the mic. I honestly don't think they will give either of those two guys a serious push.

zenidogx
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
their time is up.
awful match.

menikmati
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
That ECW title looks like crap. So does that stupid spinner belt.

menikmati
10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
weak...screw batista

Backwater
10-26-2008, 06:45 PM
You beat me to it. Fuck that. Batista was never any good and he never will be.

faxman75
10-26-2008, 07:36 PM
x2W4iOwZhjc

faxman75
10-28-2008, 05:05 PM
http://www.justin.tv/raw_is_war_era

24 hour streams from the raw is war era and PPV's.

:)

faxman75
10-28-2008, 10:02 PM
The golden years 24 hours streaming of matches from 1985-2001

http://www.justin.tv/classicwwf

menikmati
10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
uh anything past 1997 is not "golden year", in fact nothing past 1992 is.

Mr.Nipples
10-29-2008, 12:54 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/1224628760342.jpg

menikmati
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
My favorite match list looks extremely Bret Hart biased, haha. I really think though, that part of pro wrestling just totally died when he left. Things should have never of ended for him the way they did. That whole Montreal screw job thing should never had happened...no excuse for it, and he should never had gone to WCW, because he was poorly underused there, it's an embarrassment to his career (like I said earlier). He deserved MUCH better than that.

Anyway, some of my favorite matches of his would have to be: (in no order really)

vs. Shawn Michaels - Survivor Series 1992. This was when the whole new era of wrestling (the non-Hogan, Macho Man, Warrior, big guys) officially started for me. Two young, athletic guys wrestling for the title in the main event...first time a match like that didn't feature the likes of Hogan, Macho Man, or Warrior in like what, 10 years???

vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XII. Again, though I hated the outcome (it was obvious who was gonna win), I enjoyed the back and fourth for the whole hour plus overtime. A lot of classic spots and manuvers in this match.....very cool (minus the whole Shawn telling Bret Hart to fuck off at the end of the match thing).

vs. British Bulldog - Summerslam 1992. Again, another spectactular match to headline a main event that didn't include the "bigger" names of the day. It was a great technical match with a lot of back and fourth, very entertaining. Plus I remember "watching" this match (like I did with a lot of PPV's back then) on the PPV channel, but the image was scrambled, so you could really only hear what was going on. Good times.

vs. Demolition - Summerslam 1990. Very cool 2 out of 3 falls tag match...Demoliton were always one of my favorite tag teams, and to see em against my favorite wrestler was very cool. Plus the Legion of Doom showed up during the match too. More good times.

vs. Ricky Steamboat. It was sometime back in the late 1980's...I think they were supposed to wrestle each other at one of the PPV's, but that match was cancelled, but they still had this house match scheduled (it's on some of the old Colisuem video releases and I think Hart's DVD)...anyway, good tech spots again and back and fourth. Classic wrestling.

and of couse vs. Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X. I remember listening to this on the scrambled channel too....I really loved this fued, especially how it was drawn out for over a year almost....both were great in the ring, and I was surprised to have seen Owen get the victory, but looking back, I now of course understood why, as it set up other matches down the line for the title later on.

zenidogx
10-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Menik,
not a fan of the Stone Cold match at Wrestlemania? that one was a classic. yeah, it helped usher in the attitude era, but it was still an incredible brawl.
also, even though the cage match was better, i preferred the towel match.

oh, the memories.

menikmati
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah the Stone Cold match at WM13 was great as well....I actually enjoyed the heel turn for Bret Hart at that time. The New Hart Foundation and the whole pro-Canada and anti-USA thing along with the building feud with Michaels at that point, felt a whole lot more real (and entertaining) than the NWO angle happening at the same time in WCW.

zenidogx
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah, the New Hart Foundation was a bit more real, but it lacked some serious star power.
it was sad to see Brett at the HoF a couple years ago. he was so out of it.

faxman75
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah the Stone Cold match at WM13 was great as well....I actually enjoyed the heel turn for Bret Hart at that time. The New Hart Foundation and the whole pro-Canada and anti-USA thing along with the building feud with Michaels at that point, felt a whole lot more real (and entertaining) than the NWO angle happening at the same time in WCW.

yeah i'm on the opposite side of this one, I didn't watch wrestling from about 1990-1994 The thing that had me back was seeing Hulk Hogan turn heel in WCW and the NWO angle. Having Hall and Nash in the ring as well made quite the impact on me. I finally stopped watching again in 2002.

McMahon completely ruined the WCW and ECW once he made those purchases. I was so excited and hyped for the prospects and was even a little patient with it as I used to read the Ross report and JR said give these guys time to adjust to the bigger ring. Completely awful. So many fantasy matches could have taken place leading up to a kick ass PPV. Instead the fans got cheated in my opinion to sub par plots and sloppy wrestling.

menikmati
10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah but people like Beniot, Eddie Guerro, Rey Mysterio, Booker T and others all got elevated to main event levels in WWE, something they weren't in WCW. So McMahon picked a few names from the rosters, kept them, and gave em proper pushes eventually. Yeah there could of been tons of dream match ups, and it sucks some didn't happen, but eh...

faxman75
10-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Booker T was the heavyweight champion in WCW and Mysterio had belts too and was very popular. Eddie and Benoit came over long before the merger. They took some time before becoming main eventers but yes, they were utilized very well in the WWF.

McMahon really ruined the whole invasion angle if you ask me. It was not nearly as dramatic as it could have been. This was HUGE. Booker was the black Rock IMO, bookend, rock bottom same thing essentially. They could have mimicked eachother and started a huge feud. That's just an obvious one. ECW was completely destroyed and turned into the watered down wrestling it used to make fun of. I couldn't even watch after seeing someone get DQ'd in a match.

Anyway, the classic stream above is pretty cool. I watched I think Sting wrestlen Jake the Snake in a coal miners glove match last night. Announcing was JR and Jessie Ventura. The end of the match had Jakes snake biting him in the face as he got pinned. It was pretty cool..

menikmati
10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Booker T was the heavyweight champion in WCW and Mysterio had belts too and was very popular. Eddie and Benoit came over long before the merger. They took some time before becoming main eventers but yes, they were utilized very well in the WWF.

WCW had no clue how to utilize anyone. They let Hogan and Nash be part of the main booking committee, and they routinely put themselves over and in main events time and time and time again.....it was a miracle someone like Booker T was able to grab hold of that title before WCW was done for good, thought actually not really, because they had fucking David Arquette as champ??? Wow, WCW fuckin blew, haha. Really, who can WCW even claim as legit guys that THEY created??? You can count em on one hand...Sting, Goldberg, Booker T, Mysterio, and maybe Paul Wright. That's about it. Everyone else later became big and famous in the WWE, or were huge before Turner bought NWA and created WCW out of it and really began their run and tried to become legit competitor against the WWF (talking Flair here mostly). So while the Invasion angle sucked balls, it was probably the best thing to happen to each of those wrestlers who were signed after WCW was bought out. And for the people who switched before the buyout, well they were obviously the smart ones.

menikmati
10-29-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah, the New Hart Foundation was a bit more real, but it lacked some serious star power.
it was sad to see Brett at the HoF a couple years ago. he was so out of it.

Out of it? What do you mean? Just old/washed up looking? He did look a little beat up, but he seemed very happy to me.

faxman75
10-29-2008, 03:56 PM
That Arquette shit was beyond dumb.

Backwater
10-29-2008, 04:12 PM
vs. British Bulldog - Summerslam 1992.

Amazing match. That one is definitely in my top 5. I'm surprised there's no Ric Flair matches that are your favorites. He had some great matches with Ricky Steamboat, before that stupid dragon gimmick.

faxman75
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I still have Savage vs Steamboat as a top 5. I don't know what else I would put on that list. Probably one of the Hardys vs Edge and Christian latter matches. Definitely an RVD vs Jerry Lynn match as well.

menikmati
10-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Amazing match. That one is definitely in my top 5. I'm surprised there's no Ric Flair matches that are your favorites. He had some great matches with Ricky Steamboat, before that stupid dragon gimmick.

Well I was just listing Bret Hart matches there....but yeah I enjoy Flair matches as well too.....I would list the Royal Rumble 1992 match itself in my top 10 for sure....I thought it was really awesome that he was able to beat that field (Hogan, Macho Man, Undertaker, Sid, Dibiase, Piper) and win the belt. I wish they would put the belt on the line again in a rumble match.

zenidogx
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Out of it? What do you mean? Just old/washed up looking? He did look a little beat up, but he seemed very happy to me.

yeah, he did seem happy, but physically he was out of it. he was very shaky. i knew he had a stroke some time before that, but i watched it with my family (who used to watch wrestling in the "golden era") and they agreed he didn't look right.

Backwater
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
That wasn't a bad tag team match.

So do you guys think Jericho will drop the belt to Cena on Sunday? I really hope he doesn't, but I think he probably will. Considering it's supposed to be one of the big four ppvs of the year, they haven't hyped up this SS very well. The teams are just randomly thrown together.

menikmati
11-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I think Jericho will retain the title at SS....it might be a dirty win, or a DQ finish, but I think he'll retain for another rematch at the next PPV. I think eventually there is gonna be a triple threat match with Jericho, Cena, and Batista, that Cena will win....which will then slowly start a Batista/Cene feud with a match coming at Wrestlemania between them for the title. I really like Jericho as champ though...he is one of th ebest in the business for sure.

Yeah the SS tag matches just seemed randomly thrown together....not much build for em at all...its like they just announce em on the website and poof there u go. I mean they're trying to build feuds for Michaels/JBL and Batista/Orton...but feuds never really work for SS matches.

Glad Regal is back and IC champ too...I've always liked him and his character. It's too bad he was suspended earlier this year, because he was a on a push to be in main event matches. Oh well.

menikmati
11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm a little surprised they have some of the bigger names (Batista, HBK) out there for the lumberjack match...usually they just throw the mid cards and jobbers out there for face time (cough Snitsky cough)....but I guess with Orton in the match, having some of the other bigger names out there helps the match.

Backwater
11-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm glad Orton is back and I'm glad he won. I don't like CM Punk.

Yeah, Regal has always been good on the mic and great in the ring. Do you know why he got suspended?

kroqken
11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I miss the American Wrestling Association, the original National Wrestling Alliance, the Universal Wrestling Federation and World Class Championship Wrestling. I was sadder about the death of Bruiser Brody than I was when Falco died in a car crash.

Backwater
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
How old are you?

kroqken
11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Why? You should never ask a man his age, unless you are a Mike Huckabee supporter.

Backwater
11-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Because you must be pretty fucking old if you miss all four of those organizations.

kroqken
11-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Define SPECIFICALLY "pretty fucking old." In terms of NEW American Wrestlling Association news, the WWE now owns the remains of the AWA and successfully sued an AWA rip off federation to force them to change their name. I believe they were called AWA Stars.

Backwater
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't know all of the history, I guess I just assumed those organizations were older than they are. When I was growing up it was just WWF, then WCW came along and failed.

kroqken
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
NWA preceded WCW. There are lots of present and former independent wrestling organizations, like Mid SOuth, not to be confused with Mid Southern. XPW was located in the San Fernando Valley (my neighborhood), and its titular leader, Rob Black, also produced pornographic films.

menikmati
11-17-2008, 11:04 PM
eh, if we were still in the 80's, then maybe these smaller independent outfits would mean something....but these days, they're just a waste of time...except for those cast offs from WWE who find themselves out of job and shit out of luck because there is no wrestling union.

kroqken
11-17-2008, 11:07 PM
What about NWA/TNA (now just TNA)? They are pretty large.

menikmati
11-17-2008, 11:14 PM
TNA is never gonna be huge...their production value is so fucking shitty, it's not even funny. Plus their major draw is washed up/former WWE stars....and who is getting all the booking and major matches? The washed up/former WWE stars....who is being overlooked? the younger "original" talent (outside of 2-3 guys)....remind you of any former wrestling company that eventually went under? TNA is like the K-Mart of wrestling, sad to say. I just don't see it ever suceeding on a major level. If they even have a chance, they're gonna have to do touring live shows and have a Monday show on TV. I think Christian is actually leaving them and coming back to WWE.

Mr.Nipples
11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
I miss the American Wrestling Association, the original National Wrestling Alliance, the Universal Wrestling Federation and World Class Championship Wrestling. I was sadder about the death of Bruiser Brody than I was when Falco died in a car crash.

hahahahaha

kroqken
11-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Bruiser Brody > Ian Astbury

menikmati
11-20-2008, 08:08 PM
It seems Goldust is coming back to the WWE full time....I'm okay with that, as I always liked that character, but I doubt he's ever gonna be used properly, I'm sure it will just be for comedic moments alongside Santino.

I'm not really thrilled about the upcoming SS. My picks are Cena wins via DQ, Triple H retains the title (as he always does - he never lets go of his belts), Taker wins obviously, Team HBK, Team Orton, and who cares about the diva match up, that will just end up in all the women hopping about the ring 5 minutes into it.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Golddust, isn't that Dustin Rhodes?

menikmati
11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah.

zenidogx
11-20-2008, 08:16 PM
he let himself go. i mean he is fffattt. if anyone saw Cyber Sunday, they know what i'm talking about.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Dustin Rhodes is obese, just like his father Dusty Rhodes. I still miss Tiger Chung Lee.

Backwater
11-23-2008, 05:17 PM
This has been such a lackluster Survivor Series so far. Is anyone else watching? That was the worst casket match I can remember seeing.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
If you lose a casket match, does that mean your career as a wrestler is dead?

Backwater
11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
No, usually they just take a few months off or so to sell it. Edge is champion! That was a nice surprise. The crowd was booing the shit out of that match until he showed up.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I guess Rick Flair is too old to wrestle. I want to see how TNA puts on a pay per view.

apostle2
11-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I have a friend who is really into wrestling, and he invited me over to watch it with them. Being a sunday afternoon for us, I said why the hell not and went over. That was fucking AWFUL. please tell me all the PPV's aren't all like that now. Not a single quality match, the closest was Jericho v. Cena and that was painfully predictable.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I have a friend who is really into wrestling, and he invited me over to watch it with them. Being a sunday afternoon for us, I said why the hell not and went over. That was fucking AWFUL. please tell me all the PPV's aren't all like that now. Not a single quality match, the closest was Jericho v. Cena and that was painfully predictable.

Why such bad quality. Were the matches really mismatches? Was the writing predictable? Wrestling was better when I ws a kid. I miss the Iron Sheik.

PassiveTheory
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes. To answer your question, yes every single WWE PPV is put on, more or less, like the one put on tonight. Thank god I went and saw a movie instead.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Nothing beats the old school federations, like the American Wrestling Association, National Wrestling Alliance and others. They had really good matches with top level athleticism and did not insult the fans with inane plot lines. Sadly, those days are likely gone forever.

PassiveTheory
11-23-2008, 08:29 PM
They are gone, Ken. Thank you for your redundancy.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
The WWE needs to hire new writers. Their talent is okay, but their situations and matches need major improvement.

menikmati
01-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Rumble tonight....I've always enjoyed this PPV because it's sort of unique. I think obvious choice for winner is Randy Orton, but sometimes the WWE likes to make you think the obvious will happen, but then go with something else (for better or worse). So who really knows. I also like this HBK/JBL storyline...hope it continues. I also think Christian returns tonight.

paulb
01-25-2009, 01:39 PM
who is in the 30 man royal rumble? any free streams of it?

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 01:39 PM
It's nice to know they still have the Royal Rumble. When I was growing up, my favorite PPV was the Royal Rumble. I have some good memories of Lex Luger and Bret Hart ending the match in a tie. Shawn Michaels being the first one in and winning the whole thing. And I will never forget the Yokozuna/Undertaker casket match from RR 94.

PassiveTheory
01-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Christian returns tonight to coincide with this idiotic storyline they're running with Jeff Hardy. Orton (rightfully) will win the Rumble (I predict him, Rhodes, HHH and Umaga in the final 4). Cena squashes JBL. And nothing really exciting happens given the stupid PPV being put on next month with two fucking Elimination Chambers for both titles...

I hate overbooking.

zenidogx
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
remember that year Mr Perfect came back and finished in the final four? i forgot who won that rumble because Mr Perfect stole the night for me. i love the rumble, thanks for the heads up.

um . . . i feel dirty now.

menikmati
01-25-2009, 01:45 PM
remember that year Mr Perfect came back and finished in the final four? i forgot who won that rumble because Mr Perfect stole the night for me. i love the rumble, thanks for the heads up.

um . . . i feel dirty now.

I think you're referring to 2002 (when HHH won). Mr. Perfect was also the last guy to be eliminated (by Hogan) in 1990.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I've met Mr Perfect I wonder if my mom still has that picture.

Royal Rumble is my favorite event although I haven't watched wrestling in 7 years. Is it even interesting anymore?

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
One of my favorite Royal Rumble moments. From 1990.

05F_TN6jG1Y&feature=related

Backwater
01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
any free streams of it?

I'll post a link when it starts. I personally enjoy watching the Rumble even more than Wrestlemania.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I remember 1 with Ultimate Warrior that one that was great.

My GF's dad is a wrestler but either she doesn't know or refuses to tell me who but I know he trained with Hulk Hogan.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll post a link when it starts. I personally enjoy watching the Rumble even more than Wrestlemania.

cool thanks

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I remember 1 with Ultimate Warrior that one that was great.

My GF's dad is a wrestler but either she doesn't know or refuses to tell me who but I know he trained with Hulk Hogan.

I feel like an old man thinking back to the "glory day." But a few weeks ago, I spent a good part of an evening just looking at YouTube videos of wrestling matches from the late 80's/early 90's. The ladder match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon. Tag team matches featuring Demolition and The Hart Foundation. Shawn Michaels kicking Marty Jannetty in the face and ending The Rockers.

I even watched a ton of footage about the "Montreal Screwjob" involving Bret Hart. That incident is pretty interesting, even now.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the Royal Rumble tonight.

menikmati
01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I hate Shawn Michaels for that screw job. Shawn Michaels is a piece of shit and always will be in my book.

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I hate Shawn Michaels for that screw job. Shawn Michaels is a piece of shit and always will be in my book.

Yeah he was my favorite wrestler until I saw the behind-the-scenes stuff involving the screw job. He told Bret to his face that he wasn't in on it. He even acted like he had no clue when the bell rang. He pretended to be mad or something. I guess Shawn's excuse was that Vince signs his checks and he was just being loyal, but that is still pretty fucked. I thought it was pretty funny seeing Vince all wobbly after Bret punched him in the face.

menikmati
01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Well that's only part of the story...Shawn lying to Bret's face and all that...I mean I could see why he would wanna lie, but there's so much more to this story (I've touched on it before), but I'll do a write up on it. I've read both Shawn's and Bret's books about it and such, and Shawn really is a scum bag (at least he was acting towards Bret).

Bud Luster
01-25-2009, 02:17 PM
how can you hate HBK with a theme song like this?

Exbsw5ssn4I

my favorite of all time is Mr. Wonderful, Paul Orndorff.

http://media.phillyburbs.com/2008/01/30/0131po.jpg

and Rick Rude.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Rick%20Rude/RickRude030.jpg

PassiveTheory
01-25-2009, 02:21 PM

This guy?

http://www.bodyslamming.com/other/pics/knobbs.jpg

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 02:21 PM
the greatest

http://www.danielandtanya.com/dan/files/photos/20080714.jpg

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM
This guy?

Doubtful but possible

PassiveTheory
01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Also I found this bit of information concerning Wrestlemania to be unintentionally hilarious:

Source: PWInsider.com

During a recent appearance at the 36th Annual Global Media and Communications Conference, Linda McMahon announced that rock and roll icons AC/DC will be performing the theme to Wrestlemania XXV at the show in Houston, Texas.

There's no word yet on what song will be used as the theme.

Vince McMahon is said to be a huge fan of AC/DC, getting his first exposure to the band back in 2000 when they were performing on Saturday Night Live the night Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hosted the show for the first time.

Many will remember back in November, we reported that McMahon and John Cena were seen "rocking out" at the AC/DC concert at Madison Square Garden.

I think it's hilarious how out of touch Vince McMahon is with pop culture. He first heard about AC/DC in 2000?!? Where the fuck was he in the 80s when every goddamn wrestler used a power rock/heavy metal song for their intro!?

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I could just imagine what Vince was thinking when he saw them on SNL. "Who IS this rock n roll group that the kids seem to love?! I have to incorporate this 'AC/DC' fad into my business somehow."

Backwater
01-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Vince knows absolutely nothing about music. Just look at the songs he chooses as the theme song of each ppv. It's always either a Nicklelback, Creed-esque band or some rap/rock nu metal bullshit.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Who was the guy that slapped the shit out of a reporter when the reporter said he thinks wrestling is fake?

PassiveTheory
01-25-2009, 03:00 PM
He did pick an awful Peter Gabriel song for Wrestlemania's theme 2 years ago. But that's to counter your "always picks nu-metal" argument, not your "always picks shitty music" argument.

menikmati
01-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Who was the guy that slapped the shit out of a reporter when the reporter said he thinks wrestling is fake?

N6LXkaAb0pk

Backwater
01-25-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.justin.tv/kgstvownz

Who do you guys think will win?

menikmati
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I wanna say Orton, but it seems to obvious for to do the Orton vs. Cena build up for WM. Triple H? I hope not...but I could see Edge beating Hardu (with help from Christian) which would start the Edge/HHH (who wins the rumble) fued, while Hardy fueds with Christian...but it seems HHH is still in a little fued with Kozlov and Big Show. I really have no idea. I guess I'm going with Orton.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't watched rasslin in a long time but shit why not so I have no idea whats going on or who to bet on

zenidogx
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
the greatest

http://www.danielandtanya.com/dan/files/photos/20080714.jpg

it's a shame how he's been used lately.

Backwater
01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm really looking forward to Jeff Hardy vs. Edge. If they give that enough time it could become a classic.

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Please elaborate on this.

And does anyone, aside from menik, know that Hacksaw and The Iron Sheik got pulled over one time and had a bunch of coke in the vehicle. That's when they were supposed to be feuding in wrestling life.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 04:04 PM

he's still doing it?

zenidogx
01-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Please elaborate on this.

And does anyone, aside from menik, know that Hacksaw and The Iron Sheik got pulled over one time and had a bunch of coke in the vehicle. That's when they were supposed to be feuding in wrestling life.

i've read that story before.
Hacksaw appears nowadays as a jobber. but, unlike the traditional jobber, he comes out and gets humiliated before a match ever starts . . . sometimes there isn't even a match. Hacksaw used to be a top notch performer back in the day (King of the Ring, i believe) and he is actually in very good shape still.

Backwater
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM

That happens quite often actually. Wrestlers tend to have tons of problems with drugs. RVD and Sabu got busted smoking a bowl of weed outside of a show once. Vince was way too hard on them about it, suspended them for a long time.

Matt Hardy defends the title nobody cares about ... snore.

zenidogx
01-25-2009, 04:09 PM
where's the extreme?

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
i've read that story before.
Hacksaw appears nowadays as a jobber. but, unlike the traditional jobber, he comes out and gets humiliated before a match ever starts . . . sometimes there isn't even a match. Hacksaw used to be a top notch performer back in the day (King of the Ring, i believe) and he is actually in very good shape still.

Ugh. He's become Brooklyn Brawler and Barry Horowitz? Sad.

Backwater
01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Did that one stop working for you guys too? Fuckin internets....

I'm looking for another one.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Its workin now

Does anyone know if Mickey Rourke's character in The Wrestler is based anyone real?

faxman75
01-25-2009, 04:21 PM
If a link stutters to much or looks shitty, there are several now on justin.

http://www.justin.tv/cestv
another

PassiveTheory
01-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Most likely a combination of Jake "The Snake" Roberts and "Ravishing" Rick Rude.

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 04:22 PM
When I watched the movie, I was picturing Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Right down to the relationship with his daughter.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Who the hell is Melina?

Backwater
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
It's a composite character, not directly based on anyone.

stinkbutt
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
When I watched the movie, I was picturing Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Right down to the relationship with his daughter.

oh ok I had almost forgotten bout all that

faxman75
01-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Couldn't they find two hotter chicks to wrestler?

zenidogx
01-25-2009, 04:29 PM
avoid looking into Melina's face.

Backwater
01-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I wish those two titles didn't change hands already. That just makes it completely obvious who's winning the next two matches, Cena and Hardy.

faxman75
01-25-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm on this one now.

http://www.justin.tv/wrwrestlinglive