PDA

View Full Version : i'm off down the pub

LunaVC
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
l8erz

what you lot got planned for the weekend, especially tonight? foam parties or frat parties

yeah I see what you americans get upto! ha ha knocking trash cans over and running away..

have fun!

algunz
10-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm counting the seconds until the end of today. I was ready for the weekend on Wednesday.

marooko
10-03-2008, 10:06 AM
please die. pretty please. with sugar on top.

LunaVC
10-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm counting the seconds until the end of today. I was ready for the weekend on Wednesday.

oh well my weekend starts now

god bless time difference

have a good 8 hours left at work

taterz

CalmerThanYou
10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Luna, i have to give you credit for feverishly chasing down BrokenDolls record for consecutive sucky posts...keep up the good work.

algunz
10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
But if you add the British accent, it makes anything endearing.

amyzzz
10-03-2008, 10:30 AM
What is a foam party...?

algunz
10-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Lots of bubbles and drugs = staph infection.

CalmerThanYou
10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
its horribly disgusting.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/05/25/foamparty_wideweb__430x298.jpg

amyzzz
10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Lots of bubbles and drugs = staph infection.
Maybe if I had a bunch of clean, non-athlete friends...

fatbastard
10-03-2008, 10:39 AM
What do you drink?

bmack86
10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, foam parties are good at spreading STDs too because it's so wet and everybody's grinding.

locachica73
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
:rolleyes foam and STDs, where do i sign up...

CalmerThanYou
10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Randys hosting one next month i heard.

algunz
10-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll bet Randy has one very night. Foam party of one.

Hopeless Semantic
10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
You can get the AIDZ from the foam party. Or, a sprained ankle as my date to one did a long time ago. It's almost pointless thing, but nothing is more entertaining than seeing a bunch of drunk fuckers slipping and sliding more than usual...

humanoid
10-03-2008, 11:45 AM
yeah, years ago, I somehow ended up at one on a New Years Eve, and it was hilarious watching people eat shit and fall on the floor the entire night

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 06:42 AM
What do you drink?

last night I was on the Hooegarden. I love white beer. Normally have Kronenboeurg blanc but it's seriously underappreciated in the UK.

Had some Corona as well. Only decent beer in the US apart from Red Stripe.

fiyahhh!
10-04-2008, 06:44 AM
last night I was on the Hooegarden. I love white beer. Normally have Kronenboeurg blanc but it's seriously underappreciated in the UK.

Given that Corona is from Mexico and Red Stripe is from Jamaica, are you saying the US has no good beer?

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Given that Corona is from Mexico and Red Stripe is from Jamaica, are you saying the US has no good beer?

Pretty much. Unless you can prove me wrong. I was in Wallmart. Trying to find something good, but it's all Bud Light none alcoholic stuff.
And also, in the US Heineken is thought of as a 'good' beer. Let me tell you, it's disgusting.
Do they have Stella Artois in the US? I didn't see any.

Backwater
10-04-2008, 06:57 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, EPIC FAIL, BEYOND ALL COMPARISON

This is obviously someone who actually knows something about beer's alias because this is just too funny to be some random british dumbass. If not, this is almost as good as Chad.

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 07:05 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, EPIC FAIL, BEYOND ALL COMPARISON

This is obviously someone who actually knows something about beer's alias because this is just too funny to be some random british dumbass. If not, this is almost as good as Chad.

enlighten me

if there is a good US beer I wanna try it. Was gonna try Miller and Coors but again they are all 'light' beers. What's the point?

Oh actually...I forgot. Bud. Not Bud Light. Just bottled Bud. That's a very good beer. Forget what I said.

bmack86
10-04-2008, 07:07 AM
We have a beer thread. It tells you about good beers. The US has microbreweries that are amazing, but it depends on where you are for what you can get.

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 07:09 AM
We have a beer thread. It tells you about good beers. The US has microbreweries that are amazing, but it depends on where you are for what you can get.

Ah-ha!

fatbastard
10-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Afternoon LunaVC.

What would you say are the top/popular beers that could be purchased in the market?

Budweiser and Corona are popular in this part of the states. Not that I drink these.

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Afternoon LunaVC.

What would you say are the top/popular beers that could be purchased in the market?

Budweiser and Corona are popular in this part of the states. Not that I drink these.

alright homes

it's all about the Blanc

and Greene King IPA

SoulDischarge
10-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Luna, I want to do unspeakable thing to you with my tongue.

http://www.brandonu.ca/Music/People/FacultyPages/fordr/woodwinds/westphal%20clarinet%20web/Clarinet%20gif%20files/Westphal_Fig_C30.gif

fiyahhh!
10-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Pretty much. Unless you can prove me wrong. I was in Wallmart. Trying to find something good, but it's all Bud Light none alcoholic stuff.
And also, in the US Heineken is thought of as a 'good' beer. Let me tell you, it's disgusting.

Trying to find good beer at Walmart is like trying to find Chacid on the internet. It's not going to happen. That's like buying cds at Walmart and saying the US has no good music. Follow bmack's advice... look through one of the many beer or beer-related threads here and start searching stuff out. Granted, you probably don't have great access to US microbrews across the pond, but do try to find some small-craft brewery style beer from the US. I'm sure you'll change your mind.

shakermaker113
10-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Oh actually...I forgot. Bud. Not Bud Light. Just bottled Bud. That's a very good beer. Forget what I said.

looking in walmart is your first problem. we do have stella. budweiser is not a good beer. there are no decent major brand american beers. they're fucking awful. but as already said, microbreweries have very good beer. very good.

locachica73
10-04-2008, 09:51 AM
If Corona and Bud are used in the same sentence as "good beer" then there is nothing left to say.

Stella is even sold at Costco so I am sure it is sold at Walmarts across the world although this is not an american beer. One domestic beer that is sold nearly everywhere that I enjoy is Michalob Amber Bock, I even prefer this to some of the microbrews that you can find on tap. Kiltlifter is sold almost at all stores here as well. Not sure about across the pond but around here its pretty common. Fat Tire as well, although I am no longer a fan of this beer but many people enjoy it.

Mr.Nipples
10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
g5zkqeJ6o5A&hl=en&fs=1

KungFuJoe
10-04-2008, 10:32 AM
looking in walmart is your first problem. we do have stella. budweiser is not a good beer. there are no decent major brand american beers. they're fucking awful. but as already said, microbreweries have very good beer. very good.

Sam Adams is decent.

M Sparks
10-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I've never seen a sentence that had so much fundamentally wrong with it.

I was in Wallmart. Trying to find something good,
Let me guess...you also went to McDonalds and couldn't find any good food either. I guess all American food sucks.

but it's all Bud Light none alcoholic stuff.
Where I live, they don't even sell alcohol at Walmart, which would explain why it was non-alchoholic.

Agreed on the second part, but I don't know anyone who thinks of Heineken as "good." I can choke down a Heineken Dark if it's the only option, though I haven't seen one of those in years.

I don't care for it, but yes, it's pretty easy to find if you go, oh, ANYWHERE BUT WALMART!

Look, I just took a beer road trip around the west. Right now in my fridge I have...
-Bachelor ESB and Green Lakes Organic Ale from Dechuttes Brewing. (I'm out of Black Butte Porter, my usual.)
-Hemp Ale from Humboldt Brewing.
-Summer Solstice from Anderson Valley Brewing. (A little fruity, my wife likes it.)
-Captain Bastard's Oatmeal Stout from Squatters Pub. (This one is hard to find, but you can get Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout just about anywhere.)
-Red Seal Ale and Brother Thelonious Abby Ale from North Coast Brewing.
-Plus, we've got some 1554 Black Ale and Sunshine Wheat Beer from New Belgium that was on sale at the grocery store.

That's just bottled beer. Just about any city in the US is going to have at least one place you can go and drink great beer that was brewed right on the premises.

You can insult our government. You can insult our education system. You can insult our collective taste in shitty TV shows, movies, books, plays, ect. You can insult us for being a nation of fat bastards. But goddamn it, I will NOT let you insult the great brewing traditions of the United States Of America just because you were stupid enough to shop at Walmart and think mexican urine is "good beer".

M Sparks
10-04-2008, 12:12 PM
One domestic beer that is sold nearly everywhere that I enjoy is Michalob Amber Bock

Agreed, this is drinkable. However, if I am in a bar that doesn't serve anything better than Amber Bock, we've got bigger problems than the beer.

Kiltlifter is sold almost at all stores here as well. Not sure about across the pond but around here its pretty common.

I think this is an Arizona thing- doubt it is available across the US. Four Peaks Oatmeal Stout is my favorite beer period, but I don't think you can get it in bottles. Nimbus is another good Arizona beer (out of Tucson)

Fat Tire as well, although I am no longer a fan of this beer but many people enjoy it.

Fat Tire is a great middle-of-the-road beer. Beer snobs will drink it, but so will mongoloid jocks wearing Coors Light t-shirts. This is my usual "bring something to the party" beer.

M Sparks
10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Sam Adams is decent.

The regular Sam Adams is semi-drinkable, but some of the special brews are surprisingly good. I like the Cherry.

Westy
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
But if you add the British accent, it makes anything endearing.

You can fucking say that again.

Westy
10-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please.
n1658Mfhoyw

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 03:24 PM
ha ha ha I said america doesn't have any good beer and I got accused of slagging off their government. Chillax guys.

I think American food is top tho. Not the weird sickly shit, like the chocolate covered corn dogs things. Like the bacon in America is worth the trip alone. Yeah I know with every bite it's knocking 5 years off of my life. BUt it's sooooo good.
Also I had the best southern fried chicken at Bubba Gumps.

frozen pilgrim
10-04-2008, 03:28 PM
imho, germany makes the best lagers. ales are always the best from microbreweries. of course, guinness is a class of beer all on its' own. and then those belgian abbey beers...
god damn I love beer. but it's a good thing. when traveling, you can always get great local advice over a beer, if you know what to drink and where to drink it

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 03:31 PM
imho, germany makes the best lagers. ales are always the best from microbreweries. of course, guinness is a class of beer all on its' own. and then those belgian abbey beers...
god damn I love beer. but it's a good thing. when traveling, you can always get great local advice over a beer, if you know what to drink and where to drink it

not been Germany

but Belgium has nice beer. nice white beers. big jugs of it. strong stuff. and chocolate. Beer and chocolate.

MissingPerson
10-04-2008, 03:35 PM
German beers, and indeed, German beer halls are awesome, but there's always like... two toilets for every four thousand customers. I was at a birthday party in a German beer hall a while back, and the next day my arms hurt from the sheer effort of lifting so much big giant beer.

frozen pilgrim
10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
that totally falls under the category of pleasurable pain

LunaVC
10-04-2008, 03:44 PM
German beers, and indeed, German beer halls are awesome, but there's always like... two toilets for every four thousand customers. I was at a birthday party in a German beer hall a while back, and the next day my arms hurt from the sheer effort of lifting so much big giant beer.

don't break the seal man, you'll be pissing all night.

MissingPerson
10-04-2008, 03:51 PM
My tiny elegant ladybladder just can't take that kind of punishment.

rskapcat
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
last night I was on the Hooegarden.

The husband is quite fond of that beer...I'm sure we have a few in the fridge right now. There's a gas station a few miles from our house that is a crazy beer heaven. Their selection is insane, & the ratings are posted in front of all the beers that have been rated.
(The place is called Hall's, just in case anyone is in the DFW area in Texas.)

miscorrections
10-04-2008, 05:09 PM
-Hemp Ale from Humboldt Brewing.
-Red Seal Ale

I didn't particularly like the hemp ale. I have a six pack of Red Seal in the fridge because I liked the box.

MissingPerson
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I have a six pack of Red Seal in the fridge because I liked the box.

Such a girl... :D

fatbastard
10-04-2008, 10:03 PM
alright homes

it's all about the Blanc

and Greene King IPA

Thanks Homie.

It's fun looking for new/rare things here.

I went to this place on Thursday before My Bloody Valentine. Had a true black and gold with dinner. It's the closest we have to brit food.

http://www.yeoldekingshead.com/

PotVsKtl
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Why are people tolerating this idiot?

sonofhal
10-04-2008, 11:52 PM
He's from Essex. Maybe it's out of pity?

LunaVC
10-05-2008, 02:25 AM
rofmlaoahjh

TomAz
10-05-2008, 08:02 AM
I was in Wallmart.

that's pretty much a Fail right there.

Quadromarshia
10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
rofmlaoahjh

Where in Essex do you live?

M Sparks
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
ha ha ha I said america doesn't have any good beer and I got accused of slagging off their government. Chillax guys.

No no, I said you were WELCOME to slag off our government. It's awful. And we're fat and stupid, on average. But we make great beer. Don't try to take the one thing we get right away from us.

M Sparks
10-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I didn't particularly like the hemp ale. I have a six pack of Red Seal in the fridge because I liked the box.

I LOVED the Hemp Ale when I tried it in a 10 beer taster while I was going through Arcata. Ran right up the road and bought a 6 pack. I'm finding it difficult to finish the pack though. It's an odd one.

Red Seal on the other hand is very much an "anyone would drink this" type like Fat Tire. If I lived in the area, this would probably be the beer I would keep around.

greghead
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Stella sucks, that shit is the Miller Lite of Europe; fucking terrible. The only plus is that you can drink it warm and it tastes just the same as it does cold.

Westy
10-05-2008, 10:00 AM
OK, this video is even better than the "2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps please" video. It's up there with the national anthem.

z2xdCvhvyqY

chiapet
10-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Yes, everywhere, but Stella is one of the worst imports you can get here. You're either in the wrong area/city in the US or just shopping at the wrong stores. Corner stores and gas stations aren't going to carry much of a selection, you'll probably only find cheaper american beers and a few crap imports. Gas stations which have a separate cooler room will have quite a bit more, maybe some decent microbrews. Larger grocery chains will have more -- a fair amount of imports, including numerous belgians and british beers and ciders.

LunaVC
10-05-2008, 11:02 AM
that's pretty much a Fail right there.

is that right Batty Smoke?

vinylmartyr
10-05-2008, 12:31 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/1zew11g.jpg

frozen pilgrim
10-05-2008, 12:52 PM
that right there is my new favorite picture ever.

hey, do you guys get moosehead in the states?
it's super cheap (same price as canadian), but it's still independently owned and operated. the beer is actually fucking excellent.

greghead
10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes we do, and it's everything you say it is

locachica73
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Agreed, this is drinkable. However, if I am in a bar that doesn't serve anything better than Amber Bock, we've got bigger problems than the beer.

I think this is an Arizona thing- doubt it is available across the US. Four Peaks Oatmeal Stout is my favorite beer period, but I don't think you can get it in bottles. Nimbus is another good Arizona beer (out of Tucson)

Fat Tire is a great middle-of-the-road beer. Beer snobs will drink it, but so will mongoloid jocks wearing Coors Light t-shirts. This is my usual "bring something to the party" beer.

Unless I am going to a brew pub I prefer the smaller hole in the wall bars, so if they have amber bock on tap we are doing pretty well. And even if they do have some higher end beers on tap at the hole in the wall places not many people drink them so the kegs go flat. Amber Bock is usually a good option when hitting these types of establishements. I would prefer a black and tan or snakebite but not many bars carry these options.

I have not had the Four Peaks Oatmeal Stout but the Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter is being tapped this month which I am very excited about. YUM.

Fat Tire use to be one of my favorites but I found I would get raging headaches the next day no matter how many I dranks so I gave it up. I can't stomach the taste any longer.

TommyboyUNM
10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I had a tasty beer on Saturday night that I hear is pretty popular around these parts. What was it called locachica? It's a mental block, I couldn't remember AS I was drinking it.

locachica73
10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
LOL Rogue Hazelnut Brown!!! I am converting people to my favorite all time beer one person at a time.

TommyboyUNM
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
LOL Rogue Hazelnut Brown!!! I am converting people to my favorite all time beer one person at a time.

Yes!! Rogue Hazelnut Brown. Haha. It's not my favorite, but it was pretty good. Drove me to have 2 of those 32 oz. bad boys. Probably looked awkward when I was drinking it. Hah.

locachica73
10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
NO, guys can get away drinking the yards at yard house, now as a girl me tipping that very long beer with a huge tit at the bottom would look a bit weird.