PDA

View Full Version : El Guincho '09

kitt kat
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Come on. It has to be done, yo.

tyles
10-01-2008, 01:52 AM
His new album got a four star review in SPIN, and if he's touring next year, than yeah, totally, although he's kinda already in my "cool, but not surprised" portion of my Coachella line-up pool that I have going on.

psychoc&ndy
10-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Come on. It has to be done, yo.

all your upcoming shows you are going to can be summed up in a variety of synonyms/adjectives: trendy, indie, hipster, jumping on the bandwagon, need to branch out musically instead of relying on what's hyped and popular, cool, catchy to the ear, "bands your kids should know about", you wear tight jeans and you get butterflies inside when you see people with flannels/beanies/vintage/knitted attire

SoulDischarge
10-02-2008, 01:17 AM
all your upcoming shows you are going to can be summed up in a variety of synonyms/adjectives: trendy, indie, hipster, jumping on the bandwagon, need to branch out musically instead of relying on what's hyped and popular, cool, catchy to the ear, "bands your kids should know about", you wear tight jeans and you get butterflies inside when you see people with flannels/beanies/vintage/knitted attire

. . . enjoyable, entertaining, releasing quality material . . .

JSam67
10-02-2008, 01:18 AM

I love this post (although MBV really do rule)

psychoc&ndy
10-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I love this post (although MBV really do rule)

of course, I love mbv. i was just judging and jumping to conclusions from a shitty and pretentious lineup of upcoming shows

SoulDischarge
10-02-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm fucking sick of the word pretentious. Pretentious shit is better than mediocre shit. Say it loud, I'm a contentious pretentious hipster with obscure music tastes and I'm proud. Cunts.

psychoc&ndy
10-02-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm fucking sick of the word pretentious. Pretentious shit is better than mediocre shit. Say it loud, I'm a contentious pretentious hipster with obscure music tastes and I'm proud. Cunts.

*applause*

kitt kat
10-02-2008, 01:37 PM
oh wow. i love it that liking music makes me pretentious.

if you understood my musical background more, you'd understand why i love el guincho. he's everything animal collective (my favorite current band for about two years running) wished they were. also, he's spanish. i gotta represent my heritage. i am a sucker for bassy, tropical, happy, sparkly music. el guincho is what the inside of my brain looks like.

other upcoming shows....dude. i don't even have to comment. i've seen of montreal at every show they're played in LA since '06.

don't even suggest my tastes aren't musically diverse. i don't go to shows to stare at some pretentious melodic blah blah band, even if i liked them. i go to shows to FUCKING DANCE, to look like a unicorn vomited all over me, and to have a good time.

and don't tell me i won't have a good time at any of those shows. say what you want about the bands...but they're all awesome. especially yelle. oh my god, the woman has mad style.

kitt kat
10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
and secondly, i don't jump on the bandwagons. i fucking START the bandwagons.

psychoc&ndy
10-02-2008, 11:47 PM
i'm just giving you a hard time

RotationSlimWang
10-02-2008, 11:50 PM
You start the bandwagon in the sense that you let all the guys start running a "bandwagon" on you.

psychoc&ndy
10-03-2008, 12:54 AM
randy is the lowest scum on the face of this planet. he doesn't know this, but i've actually seen him in person and came close to vomiting. what a piece of shit you are randy

anti-square
10-03-2008, 06:46 AM
I fucking love this thread.

send me ctrpllrs
10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Crazy what some pretty good songs have stirred up here haha.

I think I'm going to try and go to the show at the Echo.

RotationSlimWang
10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
randy is the lowest scum on the face of this planet. he doesn't know this, but i've actually seen him in person and came close to vomiting. what a piece of shit you are randy

Lies lies lies lies lies lies lies, and fabrications.

BlackSwan
10-03-2008, 05:18 PM
other upcoming shows....dude. i don't even have to comment. i've seen of montreal at every show they're played in LA since '06.

Ummm... Of Montreal released their first album in the 90's...

to look like a unicorn vomited all over me

Classy.

kitt kat
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Ummm... Of Montreal released their first album in the 90's...

i know.

boyalien0
10-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Checking out El Guincho in November, a block from my apartment, a day after Love Is All and a month after Asobi Seksu. Anyone who knows Seattle - It sucks majorly that the Croc closed, but Nectar is getting their hands on some top tier shit these days as a result. Murs 1 week from tomorrow. Anyway, El Guincho is just good shit no matter how you define it. Yes, a lot of indie hipsters are shaking their tight-jeaned booties to it - So Fucking What? I don't care about pretentiousness, I just wanna have fun.

psychoc&ndy
10-03-2008, 10:24 PM
i used to date "el guincho". he has a small cock and produces music to make up for it

boyalien0
10-03-2008, 11:38 PM
wow. I've been away from the board for awhile, and as such I haven't met yer acquaintance, "psychoc&ndy." Nice to meet you. From here on out I'll just assume yer a troll and a douchebag.

BTW, yer sig is a douchebaggy quote from a douchebaggy source. go fuck yerself.

psychoc&ndy
10-04-2008, 04:38 AM
wow. I've been away from the board for awhile, and as such I haven't met yer acquaintance, "psychoc&ndy." Nice to meet you. From here on out I'll just assume yer a troll and a douchebag.

BTW, yer sig is a douchebaggy quote from a douchebaggy source. go fuck yerself.

rot in hell you scumfuck

Cdubby
10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
rofl this thread is fucking golden

leo01g
10-08-2008, 01:01 PM
ill check them out its only 12 dollars at the echo