PDA

View Full Version : Car Troubles

paganman7
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Are there any mechanics around here?

My 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe is experiencing some strange electrical issues; my interior electrical systems seem to be failing one by one.

First, my remote keyless entry stopped working (despite the remotes both having brand new batteries.
Then, my clock stopped working, either with the car on or with the key in the ACC position.
Then, my dome light stopped working on "door" mode with the key in the ACC position, but if the car is started, it works just fine. However, with the key in the ACC position, the dome light works in the "on" position, just not the "door" position.
Then, my car stereo stopped working.
Then, my dash lights began to dim, even with them turned all the way up. My dash is barely readable now at night.
My turn signals do not work anymore.
My headlights will not work unless the car is turned on (they will not work with the key in the ACC position).

My battery tests fine, and I''ve checked every fuse in my car both under the hood and the interior fuse box. No alternator lights have appeared, and my car runs fine with the negative battery terminal disconnected.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

rage patton
09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
My car is fucked. I am pretty sure it is possessed. I have put WAY to much money into and I want to get rid of it. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully your car isn't as fucked as mine.

BROKENDOLL
09-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Are there any mechanics around here?

My 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe is experiencing some strange electrical issues; my interior electrical systems seem to be failing one by one.

First, my remote keyless entry stopped working (despite the remotes both having brand new batteries.
Then, my clock stopped working, either with the car on or with the key in the ACC position.
Then, my dome light stopped working on "door" mode with the key in the ACC position, but if the car is started, it works just fine. However, with the key in the ACC position, the dome light works in the "on" position, just not the "door" position.
Then, my car stereo stopped working.
Then, my dash lights began to dim, even with them turned all the way up. My dash is barely readable now at night.
My turn signals do not work anymore.
My headlights will not work unless the car is turned on (they will not work with the key in the ACC position).

My battery tests fine, and I''ve checked every fuse in my car both under the hood and the interior fuse box. No alternator lights have appeared, and my car runs fine with the negative battery terminal disconnected.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
A longer extension cord maybe?

RotationSlimWang
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Odds are your wiring is fucked. Same issue with my 2000 Sentra. A buddy of mine who had these similar problems had to get the wiring redone, cost something like 800 bucks or so.

paganman7
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Odds are your wiring is fucked. Same issue with my 2000 Sentra. A buddy of mine who had these similar problems had to get the wiring redone, cost something like 800 bucks or so.

I hate electrical issues...fucking hate them!

This car is a money pit...it only has 63,000 miles on it, and I've spent over $2500 on repairs this year alone! I'll never buy another Hyundai again.

humanoid
09-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Electrical issues can be a serious bitch, I had a 98 Jetta a few years ago, and everything else worked great. After a few years of perfect functioning, I had a major electrical issue and had to spend about a grand to get it fixed

Then very shortly after, someone ran a red light, hit me, totaled my Jetta and its new wiring, and put me in the hospital...the end

vinylmartyr
09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Ignition Switch

vinylmartyr
09-27-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-ignition-switch.htm

BROKENDOLL
09-27-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-ignition-switch.htm
My Vette has been sitting for about 3 months now due to "electrical issues." I don't want to know the defin$$ion of those issues right now. I may have to checkout this site more...Everyone needs a geek now and then.

bluemamba
09-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I hate electrical issues...fucking hate them!

This car is a money pit...it only has 63,000 miles on it, and I've spent over $2500 on repairs this year alone! I'll never buy another Hyundai again.

Exactly! thats were you went wrong from the beginning.

fatbastard
09-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Get a faster car
http://janedark.com/archives/Rodney_King_Beating.gif

paganman7
09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Ignition Switch

I briefly considered that...maybe I should look into it more.

Thanks homie.

BROKENDOLL
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
I think my first clue would have been a Japanese made vehicle with a Southwest name.

bluemamba
09-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Theres a switch next to the engine. Flip it from "Broken" to "Fixed". That should do the trick.

PotVsKtl
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Y'all have shitty cars.

bluemamba
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Thats why i drive a lambo

Suffacated
09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
pics?

BROKENDOLL
09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Thats why i drive a lambo Right. I think you meant "La Bamba..." http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/VK-TAVES/lowrider.jpg The BluemambaBamba.