PDA

View Full Version : The Official laughing in the face of financial ruin thread.

M Sparks
09-26-2008, 06:52 AM
This happened on CNBC earlier today...

5HrtJeH53gI

gaypalmsprings
09-26-2008, 07:02 AM
I saw that live....it was very funny.

C DUB YA
09-26-2008, 07:05 AM
awesome!

TommyboyUNM
09-26-2008, 07:14 AM
That's a horrible feeling to be put on the spot like that on live TV. I really liked her "What the fuck?" look, though.

M Sparks
09-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Harry Reid is ripping on McCain. Said they had a deal "until guess who came to town."

Said "People who constructively engaged in the process were castigated by someone who is never here. and the train came off the tracks."

M Sparks
09-26-2008, 07:25 AM
That's a horrible feeling to be put on the spot like that on live TV. I really liked her "What the fuck?" look, though.

I don't know if saying Dick Cheney and then being asked if you said Dick Cheney 5 seconds later is "being put on the spot." It was a pretty simple question.

Yeah, he was trying to use her as the set up for his punchline, but all she had to do is say "yes, Cheney". I worked in TV news a long time (admittedly at a much lower level) and these people are so fixated on delivering their script that they forget how normal people interact in real life. That's why the banter at the end of most newscasts is so horrifying.

BTW, Erin is smokin hot and it's her look at the end that really makes it funny.

marooko
09-26-2008, 07:27 AM
thats pretty unprofessional. and kinda jacked up that he would sound like he's calling her out to be a dick about someone else. thats just rude.

thestripe
09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
thats pretty unprofessional. and kinda jacked up that he would sound like he's calling her out to be a dick about someone else. thats just rude.

It was a attempt at humor by a dude who obviously sucks at funny. Or at least delivering the funny.

amyzzz
09-26-2008, 07:32 AM
I must be missing something.

TommyboyUNM
09-26-2008, 08:17 AM
I don't know if saying Dick Cheney and then being asked if you said Dick Cheney 5 seconds later is "being put on the spot." It was a pretty simple question.

Yeah, he was trying to use her as the set up for his punchline, but all she had to do is say "yes, Cheney". I worked in TV news a long time (admittedly at a much lower level) and these people are so fixated on delivering their script that they forget how normal people interact in real life. That's why the banter at the end of most newscasts is so horrifying.

BTW, Erin is smokin hot and it's her look at the end that really makes it funny.

Yeah it's hard for a straight reporter to turn on their banter hat and share opinons. That's not really her job so I can see why she may have been perplexed. I think it was his fault for taking it down that road with the reporter. Either way, it was pretty funny. And, yes, she is pretty toasty.

Quadromarshia
09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/061605/fantasy-cocktail-league-season-2.gif

faxman75
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
We are fucked. Washington in playing surprise surprise..politics with our money. I expect no deal tonight, middle of next week is my prediction.

marooko
09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
algunz, money, predictions,

M Sparks
09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah it's hard for a straight reporter to turn on their banter hat and share opinons. That's not really her job so I can see why she may have been perplexed. I think it was his fault for taking it down that road with the reporter.

Hmmm...maybe it would have been his fault if she didn't make a complete fool of herself first. All he asked her is "Did you say Vice President Cheney?" He asked her completely straight. All she had to do was say "Yes". That's not "banter" or "opinion". Now maybe at that point he would have expected more out of her which would be wrong, but I think that's all he wanted.

Instead, she first looked embarrassed, like she thought he was calling her out on a mistake. She apologizes. You can almost see her thought process "What did I say? Did I say Vice President Gore?" Then she does the IFB touch and the "I can't hear you" (#1 crutch of the TV reporter.) Finally, she answers AFTER CHECKING HER NOTES! Was she checking because she doesn't know who the vice president is, or she doesn't know what she said 10 seconds earlier?

He may be an asshole, but she looks like the idiot. If she had been capable of answering a simple yes or no question, the worst case is she would have looked like a humorless stiff- which would be fine considering her job.

menikmati
09-26-2008, 03:39 PM
nLkQeuU1LmM

faxman75
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
lol nice that was awesome

gaypalmsprings
09-26-2008, 04:02 PM
algunz, money, predictions,

tags are so yesterday

gaypalmsprings
09-26-2008, 04:10 PM
t0snyiFIQok

vinylmartyr
09-26-2008, 04:48 PM
http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/greenberg/qqxsgFiscalConservative.jpg

TomAz
09-26-2008, 09:30 PM
jeff gets it.

here's the thing. the cynical thing. we saw it in the debates tonight. pardon me i'm drunk.

Republicans run on simple minded shit that sweeps the real issues under the rug. "As President I will tell Russia to fuck itself in the ass. With nukes." and then no one questions how that self-inflicted nuclear ass-fucking is actually going to happen.

i'm still drunk

but still. fuck McCain. see the chart proves it.

Courtney
09-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Not to be overly contrarian, but it can take years to see the full effect of major fiscal policy reform on the economy. Which is to say, that chart is not very helpful.

Also I got laid off this week because of the economy. Sucks.

amyzzz
09-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Six hundred managers at my workplace got canned this week. (throughout our 14 state region, but still about 40 of them were in AZ)

Courtney
09-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Yeah. My workplace laid off 52% of its employees this week. That's a lot of people flooding the market looking for jobs, especially on top of similar layoffs at a local competitor two weeks ago.

amyzzz
09-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Wow, 52% is a lot. Ours is less than 5%, really.

BROKENDOLL
09-27-2008, 01:53 AM
The last time I laughed in the face of financial ruin I was forced to turn around and file bankruptcy shortly thereafter. Any laughing you here from me now is rather shrill, high-pitched, and then fades into a Jack Nicholson type of laugh. (Think R*e*d*r*u*m*) Instead of laughing, may I just acknowledge financial ruin like this? http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/Lulu_038/Flipingoffcat.jpg

amyzzz
09-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks, BD, now I want to watch The Shining. Do I have that? Nooooo.