PDA

View Full Version : ABC for 09

Quadromarshia
09-26-2008, 05:26 AM
They have new materiel, and they're on tour this year. There's been a lot of talk about 80's bands, and ABC is one of the best.

Wouldn't it be great if they brought The Human League or Heaven 17 with them as well? Martin Fry in his gold suit and all...

Think about it!

X69xQl-xF1k
Lqjgv7m32fw

TonyWonder
09-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Hell yeah, I wanna hear Iesha at the polo fields.

QMgv6GrTLoQ

gaypalmsprings
09-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Gaychella!

ivankay
09-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Gaychella!

That could be a pretty good line up. Hmmm, who would head-line? Not sure, but you'd have to have Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Culture Club reunion, k.d. Lang, Rufus Wainwright, Scissor Sisters, Consolidated reunion, the B-52's, Marc Almond, Judas Priest, Frankie Goes to Hollwood reunion, Stephan Trask doing Hedwig, Marc Shaiman and the guys from Southpark, Bob Mould, George Michael (headlliner?), Keoki, Frankie Knuckles and whoever. If Bowie wants to revist his past, he could headline. Bring on the Gaychella.

PassiveTheory
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
ABC is made of win.

SFChrissy
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Abc had some great dance remixes in the 80's...might as well throw in book of love into the gaychella scenario!!!

SFChrissy
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
yayyy the look of love...

and what ever happened to the thompson twins...

algunz
09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
They're running a studio out in the middle of some field in Scotland or Ireland or something.

Edit: Wrong. . . they're now divorced and living separately in England. They are still friends though.

And totally wrong country, they were in New Zealand when they were still together. I just remember it being really beautiful. :)

Bailey, I assume, is still producing.

SFChrissy
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
they were great back then...

Jman4321
09-26-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah I just saw ABC (believe it or not) at some winery and it was not very good.

Pixiessp
09-26-2008, 01:43 PM
That could be a pretty good line up. Hmmm, who would head-line? Not sure, but you'd have to have Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Culture Club reunion, k.d. Lang, Rufus Wainwright, Scissor Sisters, Consolidated reunion, the B-52's, Marc Almond, Judas Priest, Frankie Goes to Hollwood reunion, Stephan Trask doing Hedwig, Marc Shaiman and the guys from Southpark, Bob Mould, George Michael (headlliner?), Keoki, Frankie Knuckles and whoever. If Bowie wants to revist his past, he could headline. Bring on the Gaychella.

oh good god!!!! I would love to see Marc Almond and Bob Mould.
Erasure would burn the house down. B52's would be a major dancefest.
I say yes to those at Coachella. But please Andy Bell...don't wear the hot pants.

sames44
09-26-2008, 01:52 PM
oh good god!!!! I would love to see Marc Almond

I saw him a few years back at a KROQ Inland Invasion show. He hasn't lost his great voice.

September 20, 2003 Main Stage: The Cure, Duran Duran, Hot Hot Heat, Echo & the Bunnymen, Violent Femmes, The Psychedelic Furs, Interpol, Marc Almond (of Soft Cell), Fountains of Wayne, Bow Wow Wow, Dashboard Confessional, General Public.

ivankay
09-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I saw him a few years back at a KROQ Inland Invasion show. He hasn't lost his great voice.

September 20, 2003 Main Stage: The Cure, Duran Duran, Hot Hot Heat, Echo & the Bunnymen, Violent Femmes, The Psychedelic Furs, Interpol, Marc Almond (of Soft Cell), Fountains of Wayne, Bow Wow Wow, Dashboard Confessional, General Public.

Although i missed Mr. Almond, that was a great night. That was my first time seeing Duran Duran and i was really happy they were great. The Cure did one of those looong shows that scared people away, but was super excellent for Cure fans.

SFChrissy
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I haven't see Duran Duran yet and they were one of my all time favorites in Jr. Hi...

Thansk for saying they were great Ivan...

ivankay
09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I haven't see Duran Duran yet and they were one of my all time favorites in Jr. Hi...

Thansk for saying they were great Ivan...

No problem. It pushed me to see them a second time with old friends at Staples and they were still great. Too many good songs and they sounded excellent.

sames44
09-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Duran Duran was my 1st concert ever in 83...
That show was fun, Ivankay! That was my 1st time seeing the Cure, who I loved throughout high school. I was mildly disappointed, but I think I had built it up way too much in my own mind.

jazzz
09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
oh good god!!!! I would love to see Marc Almond and Bob Mould.
Erasure would burn the house down. B52's would be a major dancefest.
I say yes to those at Coachella. But please Andy Bell...don't wear the hot pants.

I'm a huge Marc Almond fan. I've seen him many times always great! Great writer! I have a pretty good collection vinyl and disc Marc & The Mambas 2009!

jazzz
09-26-2008, 04:48 PM
They have new materiel, and they're on tour this year. There's been a lot of talk about 80's bands, and ABC is one of the best.

Wouldn't it be great if they brought The Human League or Heaven 17 with them as well? Martin Fry in his gold suit and all...

Think about it!

X69xQl-xF1k
Lqjgv7m32fw

The Human League is incredible live and would be a great add for Coachella.

I just seen ABC and Martin Fry is good but not for Coachella.