PDA

View Full Version : the official I CANT SLEEP thread

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:12 AM
i see that people have made a few other threads around this but i thought id make one where all of us insomniacs could collect and converse about our mutual boredom and inability to turn our minds off for a good nights rest.

so hello world! anyone awake out there?

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:16 AM
ya, im up till 6am every day...why not... i listen to music, do stuff... watch tv, you know, the usual.

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:19 AM
im usually out around now but for some reason im just ON. like im not tired or even interested in going to bed. this happens to me once every few months and i HATE it

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:20 AM
interested in seeing the Prodigy in Mexico City Nov 8th?

matildawong
09-22-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm up! I'm always up ... I can usually only sleep for a few hours a night. If I'm lucky I can take a nap in the late morning hours.

Today I'm actually flying to Virginia for a much-anticipated vacation. So I'm extra awake in the wee hours thinking about packing/taxi to airport/etc...

I'm rambling...

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:21 AM
i would be if i wasnt in school and hadent been out of a job for the last month. the trip i really wanted to make was to T.I. to see justices last live set in the states but obviously this did not happen either

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm up! I'm always up ... I can usually only sleep for a few hours a night. If I'm lucky I can take a nap in the late morning hours.

Today I'm actually flying to Virginia for a much-anticipated vacation. So I'm extra awake in the wee hours thinking about packing/taxi to airport/etc...

I'm rambling...

yeah thats my problem is im just thinking thinking thinking. ahhh shitty girl problems you cant get them out of your head i hate it

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:23 AM
mhm, Sao Paolo would be fuckin dope... I wish.... atm, im just trying to figure out a way to find someone to go to Mexico to see The Prodigy with me... i got the time and money, but going alone aint cool and the girlfriend is broke...

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:25 AM
oh yeah and i jsut remembered im currently out of a passport. so thats a definate no can do haha. have you seen them before? i saw them at coachella back in '05 it was fuckin awesome

BROKENDOLL
09-22-2008, 02:25 AM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn44/tampaseth/waving_hand.gif Present and accounted for...for about 10 more minutes. Even niteowls must sleep...zzzzZZZZ

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:27 AM
ahh i want to try and sleep again. i dont think i would get very far though. i tried earlier for about a half hour and it was totally useless

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:27 AM
oh yeah and i jsut remembered im currently out of a passport. so thats a definate no can do haha. have you seen them before? i saw them at coachella back in '05 it was fuckin awesome

i hate you. lucky fuck. no, ive never seen them before, and they are in my top 10 fav groups, so i need to see them. and im willing to fly/pay whatever to see them.... i bet they will be at Coachella, but if they are in mexico, why not see that too....the more times the merrier. Thats how i see things.

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:28 AM
i hate you. lucky fuck. no, ive never seen them before, and they are in my top 10 fav groups, so i need to see them. and im willing to fly/pay whatever to see them.... i bet they will be at Coachella, but if they are in mexico, why not see that too....the more times the merrier. Thats how i see things.

when their guitar player was playing for manson i met him and he said they were supposed to be there last year. so i dunno if he meant this year or what but the timing totally makes sense with the new record coming and all

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:30 AM
yep... BDO in Jan.... hopefully Ultra in March, Coachella April, Sasquatch May, Bonnaroo June? Pemberton July, Lollapalooza August, ACL September, HARD Oct...hehe, ok im getting ahead of myself....

ya, new album supposed to be Feb 09 they say...

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:32 AM
haha they would be welcomed by me but i think in most peoples opinion soooo out of place at sasquatch. Feb you say? i listened to a couple of the live new tracks when they first got on youtube i remember liking them. kind of a return to the old vibe

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:34 AM
ok, forget Sasquatch.... Vancouver Commodore gig in May? thank you... they would be one festival whore act that I would have no complaints seeing over and over.

superfiction
09-22-2008, 02:36 AM
i dunno im kinda over my I LOVE PRODIGY phase. that was a few years back. fat of the land is truly a phenomenal album though. i will back you on that all the way

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Ive known and liked Prodigy since 97, but never really LOVED them, until the Coachella 07 line up came out, read up on Justice, joined the boards here, learned more about Daft Punk and got into those kind of acts, then rediscovered The Prodigy again, got their Their Law dvd, so great...makes me kill to see them live. Perhaps their prime has past, but im very anxious for this new cd, and so far it sounds promising.

Backwater
09-22-2008, 02:50 AM
ya, im up till 6am every day...why not... i listen to music, do stuff... watch tv, you know, the usual.

Then how do you make enough money to go to as many concerts as you do?!?! I really want to know. I'm a lazy insomniac, worthless MF, who just realized that he spends way too much money on concerts that he can't really afford. You fly all over the place just to see shows. Of course, i'm sure you're quite a bit older than me, I'm only 23 but still. What do you do?

paulb
09-22-2008, 02:55 AM
have u never looked at my profile? im 20.... im a sous chef at a restaurant here in BC... tiz great. and im fairly good with how i spend my money, it may go to concerts, car payments and rent... but i save, and splurge on stuff i like.

Backwater
09-22-2008, 03:05 AM
im fairly good with how i spend my money

i save

Ah, there lies the answer. I'm always thinking, "you only live once" so I spend too much on everything else then when good shows come around I'm usually a little pissed at the band for having their heads that far up their asses for thinking that their good enough to charge that much.

paulb
09-22-2008, 03:08 AM
If i lived in California, id be broke in a heartbeat... you guys must have a great act every single night of the week...id be trying to go to all of them.

sbessiso
09-22-2008, 03:32 AM
are you really considering Bonnaroo Paul?

Backwater
09-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Tis me

sbessiso
09-22-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm such a broke ass. I still wonder how PaulB does it. The cost of living is cheaper in Canada isnt it?

Backwater
09-22-2008, 05:04 AM
The cost of living is cheaper in Canada isnt it?

The cost of living is cheaper in just about everywhere in the world besides the US (especially California) correct me if I'm wrong.

sbessiso
09-22-2008, 05:17 AM
I have been strongly considering making the move to The Great Land of Maple Syrup

thedevious
09-22-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm seriously considering moving in with my family in Monterrey MX. I never would have considered it before, but the place has become a regular little electro dance mecca. All kinds of big acts go there now.

Besides our economy is shit, it's not getting any better for a long time, and I have no job.

Quadromarshia
09-22-2008, 05:53 AM
The economy is shitty everywhere. I can't speak for the whole of England, but all my English relatives are trying their damnest to move here. To them it's way cheaper, and more job oppertunities. I also know a bunch of International students here at USC that are trying to stay here.

And i'm pretty sure that the cost of living in Canadian cities is just as high (if not higher) then our cities. And they pay way more taxes too.

locachica73
09-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I was up till almost 3 am and woke up at 6:30 for work. I was stupid and drank a can and a half of cherry pepsi at 7 pm. I never drink soda, I am not sure what I was thinking. grrrrrrrr

TomAz
09-22-2008, 08:04 AM
The cost of living is cheaper in just about everywhere in the world besides the US (especially California) correct me if I'm wrong.

Most of the developed world (Europe, Japan, etc) has a higher cost of living.

The emerging or underdeveloped economies have a cheaper cost of living.

paulb
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
gas is more expensive in Canada than USA...

paganman7
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
gas is more expensive in Canada than USA...

I was just in BC (Kelowna), and gas was 1.35/liter, and the exchange rate was $1.06.

It made my $3.47 here in Tucson seem like pennies.

Backwater
09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Besides our economy is shit, it's not getting any better for a long time

Yes it is, unless you consider a couple years a long time. This isn't the Great Depression people, get a grip.

gaypalmsprings
09-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I couldn't get to sleep & so I counted dollars. I fell asleep at 700 billion.

humanoid
09-22-2008, 11:46 PM
If i lived in California, id be broke in a heartbeat... you guys must have a great act every single night of the week...id be trying to go to all of them.

it's great living in California, but it also becomes difficult at times...there are seriously shows going on constantly, and sometimes it can leave ya broke

suprefan
09-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Then how do you make enough money to go to as many concerts as you do?!?! I really want to know. I'm a lazy insomniac, worthless MF, who just realized that he spends way too much money on concerts that he can't really afford. You fly all over the place just to see shows. Of course, i'm sure you're quite a bit older than me, I'm only 23 but still. What do you do?

his parents are loaded.............

locachica73
09-23-2008, 12:01 AM
i can't sleep... the munchies kicked in. 630 am will come fast. ugh, again

leo01g
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
i cant believe im not sleepy.

leo01g
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
I was just in BC (Kelowna), and gas was 1.35/liter, and the exchange rate was $1.06.

It made my $3.47 here in Tucson seem like pennies.

ah damnit paganman now i have to change my avatar

paulb
09-23-2008, 03:46 AM
his parents are loaded.............

um. no. just no.

stuporfly
09-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I fell asleep on the train last night after MBV, surrounded by obnoxious, despondent Mets fans. Thank you, John Coltrane, for getting me through that ordeal.

algunz
09-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Hahaha, I passed out with friends on the train after a crazy New Year's in the city. We woke up 5 stops past where we should have been and all my rings were gone. Oooops.

stuporfly
09-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Hahaha, I passed out with friends on the train after a crazy New Year's in the city. We woke up 5 stops past where we should have been and all my rings were gone. Oooops.

Yikes!

I had my iPod in my hands, but luckily no one snatched it. And fortunately, I don't wear a ring on a certain finger anymore, so I had nothing worth taking.

My stop is the last on that particular line, so I couldn't sleep past it even if I wanted to.

mindcradle
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Thread needed some new life.

It's 2:45, just set my wake-up call for 3 hours from now, and will probably have to work for at least 10 hours tomorrow. I think it might be time to put on some old Enigma to possibly put me out for the night...

Pixiessp
02-25-2009, 01:22 AM
I am also still up. been working on things. computer things,house cleaning things,financial things,thingy things.

Ill_Eagle
02-25-2009, 01:33 AM
I CANT FUCKING SLEEP.

Mister DVNO
02-25-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm in high school, but I've been resorting to a strange sleeping pattern lately.

I pull an all nighter doing work, and go to school from 7:45 to 3. After school, I sleep from 4 to 10:30. I wake up, make dinner and drink a coffee, and then do my work.

It worked very well during Finals once I got rid of naturally feeling tired when I saw the clock strike 4 AM but now that I have tennis from 3-6 PM it throws my entire routine into question.

mattpach
02-25-2009, 02:03 AM
So I decided I was going to sleep and I can't.

So now I'm bored as shit and should probably be studying.

mindcradle
02-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Congrats to all who made it to bed after all! Back in the office now, counting down the hours until I can get back to my warm hotel to take a nice siesta before Lost comes on tonight. Should be a painful day.

Mister DVNO
02-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Congrats to all who made it to bed after all! Back in the office now, counting down the hours until I can get back to my warm hotel to take a nice siesta before Lost comes on tonight. Should be a painful day.

Oh, I never made it back to bed...=/