PDA

View Full Version : linkin park for 09

psychoc&ndy
09-20-2008, 12:38 AM
ok, obviously just kidding. but i needed something to get you fuckers to read this. lets get dj shadow, thievery corporation, air, gza, deltron, mr. lif, masta ace (or emc), dr. dre, pete rock, madlib, tribe, de la soul, rakim, nas or any of the fucking wu tang to rock coachella in 09. where the fuck is hip hop? i know people are going to give me shit for posting this, but fuck em - if it weren't for blues/r&b/hip hop then most of your modern day shit wouldn't exist. let's rock the desert this upcoming year

psychoc&ndy
09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
...lyrically

jazzz
09-20-2008, 12:47 AM
lets just stick to the Trip Hop and Dub & Dubstep!

psychoc&ndy
09-20-2008, 01:01 AM
trip hop, and dub - i fucking love. but at the same time, that it is what is popular. it will soon be the same passing fad just as justice has been. not saying that i am not influenced by dub, don't get me wrong - i'm just saying that we need some true hip hop/funk/soul that isn't trying to be the "new thing" like so many dubstep, grime, and electronic producers are trying to be at the moment. fuck, i hate to say it, because i know the hardships of trying to produce and be original, but to an audience at coachella, they need to bring the muthafuckin' ruckus! let's get A Tribe Called Quest or Mobb Deep to show these amateurs what the fuck is up. Portishead knew what was up this year, let's keep it that way.

boarderwoozel3
09-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Ok, so the Hip-hop is at Rock the Bells. As usual there will be a few token MCs at Coachella 09. Maybe you'll get lucky and a band like the Roots will play. This is like asking where the House or prog-rock is at RTB...

jazzz
09-20-2008, 03:02 AM
trip hop, and dub - i fucking love. but at the same time, that it is what is popular. it will soon be the same passing fad just as justice has been. not saying that i am not influenced by dub, don't get me wrong - i'm just saying that we need some true hip hop/funk/soul that isn't trying to be the "new thing" like so many dubstep, grime, and electronic producers are trying to be at the moment. fuck, i hate to say it, because i know the hardships of trying to produce and be original, but to an audience at coachella, they need to bring the muthafuckin' ruckus! let's get A Tribe Called Quest or Mobb Deep to show these amateurs what the fuck is up. Portishead knew what was up this year, let's keep it that way.

I don't think Dub, Trip Hop or Dubstep is any where as popular as MTV acts like Dr. Dre Wu Tang top 40 stuff you want at Coachella. Let them have a Crib's n' Rims fest.. Linkin Park would fit that bill fine too.

R41N570RM
09-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I would sit at a set of Pete Rock and CL Smooth just to hear They Reminisce Over You...

bigc1
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see A Tribe Called Quest and Pharcyde on the polo fields with better and longer sets than RTB.

Deltron or just Del
Madvillain (have the real Doom return)
RZA and GZA
Jedi Mind Tricks
De La Soul
Edan
Atmosphere

PC-2 Violence
09-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Del, Deltron 3030, Del the Funky Homosapien, Heiro, no matter the form I think Del needs to stay away from Coachella 09.

Wu Tang is a top 40 MTV band? Also tell me the last time you saw a Dr. Dre video on MTV that was not from 14 years ago...

I have seen RZA and GZA both play individual tours this year and even though they are the gods, they would not do well at Coachella.

If you have not seen Atmosphere at least ten times in the last three years then you must have been hiding under a fucking rock.

The better of the suggestions were:

Madlib
MF DOOM
De La Soul
Pharcyde

bigc1
09-20-2008, 01:33 PM
If you have not seen Atmosphere at least ten times in the last three years then you must have been hiding under a fucking rock.

or not willing to drive 3-4 hours to LA or SF

heyimazombie
09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
i could really see del being there, just got a feeling

heyimazombie
09-20-2008, 05:03 PM
if atmosphere, tribe, and jurassic 5 all played i'd be a very happy camper

SoulDischarge
09-21-2008, 01:03 AM
ok, obviously just kidding. but i needed something to get you fuckers to read this. lets get dj shadow, thievery corporation, air, gza, deltron, mr. lif, masta ace (or emc), dr. dre, pete rock, madlib, tribe, de la soul, rakim, nas or any of the fucking wu tang to rock coachella in 09. where the fuck is hip hop? i know people are going to give me shit for posting this, but fuck em - if it weren't for blues/r&b/hip hop then most of your modern day shit wouldn't exist. let's rock the desert this upcoming year

Plz stop making threads thnx.

psychoc&ndy
09-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Plz stop making threads thnx.

ok.

Sonicifyouwantit
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM

rock the bells? no? ok

Memorial_07
09-21-2008, 07:05 PM
thanks christ you were kidding

psycobetabuckdown
09-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Ok, so the Hip-hop is at Rock the Bells. As usual there will be a few token MCs at Coachella 09. Maybe you'll get lucky and a band like the Roots will play. This is like asking where the House or prog-rock is at RTB...

Didn't the first Coachella have a shit ton of hip-hop?

rage patton
09-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Ummm... Rancid or Third Eye Blind? You have got to be joking me. Rancid kick all sorts of ass live. Go see them.

psycobetabuckdown
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Ummm... Rancid or Third Eye Blind? You have got to be joking me. Rancid kick all sorts of ass live. Go see them.

Yeah, my friend bought tickets to Rancid, so I'm going to Rancid. But Third Eye Blind was my favorite band when I was 12 and my first album, along with Barenakedladies. I still love their first album and like the following two to an extent. They're playing in some charity family-friendly festival at a lake in Novato, CA, with Plain White T's, so I feel like I have a good excuse to skip them again.

I'm also not very into punk but am willing to go to punk shows, and I only know Time bomb, but yeah Rancid seems like an honorable choice.

kreutz2112
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
J-Dilla 09

PassiveTheory
09-23-2008, 03:34 AM
LOL @ Trip Hop or Dubstep being "big".

That is all.

oftheheartofthesoul
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I love you all. I really do.

Stop suggesting stupid shit for Coachella. No Linkin Park. No Cypress Hill. No Disturbed. No Lil' Mama. It needs to end. All of it.

Thank you.

P.S.-Sade for 2009

Jon Blazed
10-06-2008, 11:51 PM
LUDA

futureperfect
10-07-2008, 06:47 AM
If you are gonna do Hip Hop you need stuff like Eyedea and Abilities, Mr Lif, The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, Kid Sister, Northern State, Dead Prez, Blueprint, Atmosphere(only if they drop the live band), Sage Francis, Immortal Technique, hell something ground breaking would be getting Macromantics from Australia saw them with Deerhoof back a couple of years ago a female MC from down under amazing. We need people who represent the underground indie sensibility or we need legends who arent tired and washed up. If they are on the radio now we dont need them.

peace