PDA

View Full Version : The "Stefinitely Maybe covers an extremely unlikely song" thread.

Stefinitely Maybe
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
So, I was sat in my bedroom on Saturday, feeling kind of depressed, and I started messing with some new song ideas on one of my acoustic guitars. I had an idea for a song which started out kind of rocky, but then seguewayed into something a lot more melodic and sparse. Anyway, I was playing this song, and after a while I realised that the main chord structure, after the intro, seemed very familiar. So I sat for about ten minutes trying to figure out what the hell the other song was, that it reminded me of, and then suddenly I recognised it and realised what it was, and I felt utterly ashamed and ridiculous but also amused at the same time.

So, naturally, I decided to just stick my intro onto the start of that song and cover it, and film it with my digital camera and post it here on the board. Never let it be said that I'm not happy to poke fun at myself.

So here you go. Video number 1 in a series of, hopefully, for all our sakes, just 1.

lMLtMjOS52I
(YouTube currently says "the video is still processing, but it should be up there any second. I know the quality is not great, but it's the best my digital camera can do. I don't know why the volume levels seem to change halfway through. And I had to save it in three seperate clips and then just put them together, because my camera can only store video files up to two minutes in length; so that's why it sort of jumps a couple of times.)

Anyhow, there it is. I thank you.

P.S.- I am not gay.
P.P.S.- Yes that is a Coachella hoodie.

downingthief
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
That's classic Stef!
I do that all the time.

If I had a $1 for every time I thought I was coming up with something cool, and then realize it was something already written, I would be filthy stinking rich.

TomAz
09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
oh the stories that hat could tell.

mountmccabe
09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
So here you go. Video number 1 in a series of, hopefully, for all our sakes, 10s, or 100s.

Fixed.