PDA

View Full Version : The Things You Do For Family

frozen pilgrim
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
urgh.
I am just about to take my little brother and his littler friend to see bedouin soundclash.

normally the concerts I take him to are alright, but this one was not my pick.

PotVsKtl
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
That's fascinating, tell me more.

marooko
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
burn

paulb
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
they are awesome live, shut the fuck up.

Sushov23
09-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I've never seen them live, but I like their records. So just shut your mouth and enjoy what will probably be a good show. Let go of some of your hipsterness.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I might have to miss NIN to go to my daughter's horrible music concert (it's not her part that's horrible--it's all the other untalented kids).

paulb
09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I took my moms concert tickets to Hanson cause she was out of town.... talk about taking one...

paulb
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I might have to miss NIN to go to my daughter's horrible music concert (it's not her part that's horrible--it's all the other untalented kids).

thats what they all say, hehe

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
She plays piano though and some of the other kids sing. Horribly.
Listening to children play wrong notes on a piano is sooooooo much better than listening to children sing off-key imo. (it's a combined concert for piano and voice students)

I'll probably go to her show though.

paulb
09-12-2008, 02:32 PM
is this a defining moment in her life though, in order to miss NIN?

locachica73
I am glad my kids are beyond that age, in between all the kids trying to yell over each other, the teachers trying to get them to shut the hell up and the parents waving and getting their kids riled up and even louder it was always a huge pain in the ass for me. I don't deal well in those situations.

Sushov23
both are equally bad, sorry amy.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Paul, I'm hoping NIN will come here--then I won't miss have to miss either one.

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2008, 02:36 PM

This is the funniest thing I've heard all week. Hope you can find a way to see both Amy.

wmgaretjax
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
both are equally bad, sorry amy.

no no no no no no no.

Hitting the wrong note on a piano means it's still in "tune"... A kid sings sharp or flat and it can be simply dreadful. There is a lot more room for error that is painful with singing. Not to mention a person's voice is tied to them closer than an instrument, making it a little more personal and uncomfortable if they are awful.

TomAz
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
urgh.
I am just about to take my little brother and his littler friend to see bedouin soundclash.

that ain't nothin. try Motion City Soundtrack, Boys Like Girls, Fallout Boy, all that stuff. that is dedicated parenthood.

kreutz2112
09-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I take my little brother to coachella.

locachica73
imagine the poor parents that have to take their kids to see miley cyrus (or however you spell her name) or one of the simpson girls concerts. I would have to stab pencils in my ears.

TomAz
imagine the poor parents that have to take their kids to see miley cyrus (or however you spell her name) or one of the simpson girls concerts. I would have to stab pencils in my ears.

do you not read before you post?

kreutz2112
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I wish my parents would take me to go see hannah montana or one of the simpson girls.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Just make up some terrible lie...

locachica73
09-12-2008, 02:43 PM
i thought i did but maybe not.

sames44
09-12-2008, 02:44 PM
that ain't nothin. try Motion City Soundtrack, Boys Like Girls, Fallout Boy, all that stuff. that is dedicated parenthood.

You deserve a medal or something...that makes my skin crawl. What have I gotten myself into with this whole "Parenting" thing?

amyzzz
You're Dad of the Year, Tom. :pulse :pulse

amyzzz
Just make up some terrible lie...
bwahaha

PotVsKtl
09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
One time my mother had a canker sore and I sucked my dad off for her.

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2008, 02:51 PM

paulb
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
so, Bad Religion? woo!

zenidogx
09-12-2008, 03:06 PM
my sister once dragged me to Wango Tango.
Will Smith, J-Lo, Simple Plan, Black Eyed Peas, Ludacris, Lindsey Lohan.
Gwen Stefani and Kelly Clarkson were suprisingly good. yeah, go ahead, give me shit.

marooko
09-12-2008, 03:07 PM
One time my mother had a canker sore and I sucked my dad off for her.

pot, my lady had a headache, wanna out out....errr.....hang out?

Tom, you're the man, or the DAD for that matter. the rest of you should take note and be ashamed.

Gwen Stefani and Kelly Clarkson were suprisingly good. yeah, go ahead, give me shit.

were they all at one show?

allyjoy
09-12-2008, 03:08 PM

play her "lights in the sky" then tell her when she can play that at her recital, you will go. trust me, she'll understand. :p

SFChrissy
09-12-2008, 03:14 PM
urgh.

Your a good brother!!! I don't have any brothers or sisters but I totally support my little one's in surfing & skating...I've taken my skater boy to finals in tehachapi, van's warp tour, numerous skate jams and the best one of all time is the hook up from a friend of a friend of a friend who has 20 acres in the point arena hills with unbelievable bowls, hips & vert ramps this dude has 3 neighbors down the road that have the same set up...I love pulling up to his mile long driveway that has his address painted on an old skateboard!!!

gaypalmsprings
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I like taking my 86-year-old father to concerts. We will be seeing Chicago in October. Others this past year have been the Oakridge Boys and Diana Ross. I don't think he's into alternative music. I bought tickets for us to see the Smothers Brothers, Glen Campbell, and Jim Brickman - but he was unable to make it (he lives in northern Calif) - so I went alone. He's a fun guy.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
play her "lights in the sky" then tell her when she can play that at her recital, you will go. trust me, she'll understand. :p
Yeah, when she's 20 and anti-social maybe.

zenidogx
09-12-2008, 03:17 PM

Wango Tango is the event they were at. that year it was at Angel Stadium.

marooko
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Wango Tango is the event they were at. that year it was at Angel Stadium.

gotcha. not so bad then. if they were all separate concerts, then you'd be up for ridicule.

fiyahhh!
09-13-2008, 11:28 AM
I took my nephew to one of those hip-hop radio station concerts that feature like 20 different people who come out and do their two songs getting played on that station and shit that had fucking T-Pain as a headliner. I was in voice synthesizer hell that night but he was happy, which made me happy.

frozen pilgrim
09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
kay. so- they weren't too bad. I was mostly concerned about the crowd, and my prediction was actually right- mostly little kids and aging white couples. but they had an interesting light show. like a super-budget version of radiohead's :P

frozen pilgrim
09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
oh- and they played fine, but their best song was a specials cover.

chairmenmeow47
09-13-2008, 12:28 PM
urgh.

dude, talk to me when you've tried to tar a roof with my dad.

bmack86
09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I take my dad to concerts. Does that count?

wmgaretjax
09-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I take my dad to concerts. Does that count?

Yeah...I go to a lot of shows with my Dad. Last one was Radiohead, coming up are Fleet Foxes, Sigur Ros, and Squeeze

summerkid
09-13-2008, 01:09 PM
pot, my lady had a headache, wanna out out....errr.....hang out?

Tom, you're the man, or the DAD for that matter. the rest of you should take note and be ashamed.

pshh he should be ashamed for even letting his kids listen to that junk. I know when I was a kid if my dad caught me listening to anything he deemed terrible he'd go out and buy me something like the replacements-Tim to listen to.

boarderwoozel3
09-13-2008, 01:58 PM
so, Bad Religion? woo!

YES! Tonight, El Corazon. Tomorrow, The Commodore Ballroom. Fucking epic weekend.

Sushov23
09-13-2008, 02:03 PM

I wouldn't mind Will Smith, and Luda. Black Eyed Peas did a good job at Rock the Bells, then again it was mostly because they stuck to older underground hip hop material.

zenidogx
09-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't mind Will Smith, and Luda. Black Eyed Peas did a good job at Rock the Bells, then again it was mostly because they stuck to older underground hip hop material.

Will Smith was corny. yeah, he did the theme song to his show. and Jazzy Jeff was there. but Will Smith is a joke.
Black Eyed Peas had great energy, but played the hits and didn't really do much else. Ludacris is hilarious and entertaining on record, but live he was boring.

i have a good memory of shows. sometimes it's too much of a good memory.