PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Pages : [1] 2

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Watching the memorial on TV. Anyone want to share their stories on where they were when this happened? I was living in Las Vegas and I got phones calls from my mother trying to tell me about it. The phone kept ringing and ringing until I finally answered it. "Marco, there is a terror in the world, someone is trying to attack us." I told her (half asleep mind up) no one was stupid enough to try and attack the US and hung up the phone. She called back again and yelled at me to turn on the damn TV. A hour or 2 later I got a call from work telling me to come in because the hotel became busy from what was going on. On my way to work I was listening to Radiohead's Kid A in my car and when National Anthem came on, I was a little freaked out by how it went with what was going on. Any other stories?

gaypalmsprings
09-11-2008, 06:20 AM
WT_HyyzyXN0

PassiveTheory
09-11-2008, 06:49 AM
I was eating breakfast at the dinner table with my dad before going to school that day. We both watched the footage of the second tower being hit, and my dad, between bites of cereal, concluded correctly; "well, this will be blamed on arabs everywhere".

algunz
09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
I was getting into my car to go to work, KROQ came on, and I immediately sensed the urgency in Ralph's voice. I'd never heard him sound like that. I listened and ran back inside just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I wish I had been just a few seconds later. The hours and days that followed were really difficult.

Quadromarshia
09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
End of 2nd period geography, someone said there's something going on in New York. Sat down in 3rd period reading, teacher turned on CNN just in time to see the second plane hit, live. Announcement to turn off all tvs, but our teacher kept it on, which I'm glad she did because I won't forget those images. Mom came and picked me up and we went home. Grandma weaping uncontrollably, because she couldn't get a hold of her sister who worked in the south tower. (Who later we found out, was not feeling well, and decided to call out that day.)

We lived on Long Island, but we moved to Florida the next year.

Tylerdurden31
09-11-2008, 07:13 AM
I was in college at the time in Miami. I was sleeping and I heard my room mate talking to someone saying that a plane had flown into the world trade center...i thought I was dreaming. Then I woke up and walked into the living room and saw it on TV. I freaked out cuz my brother worked downtown at the time on Broad St which is pretty fucking close. I kept calling him and my parents and eventually got through to someone, I forget who, and found out that he was planning on going into work late that day, so he never left his place in Queens. It was pretty fucking surreal.

There's an air force base south of Miami and while we were outside we heard planes flying by and we freaked out a bit because of the grounding of all flights.

captncrzy
09-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I was on my way to work and listening to Howard Stern. I got to work and this guy I worked with, Rodney, was really teary because he's from Brooklyn and his mom works at that hospital that's right there near battery park. I remember he was able to get through to her and stuff but she kept saying, "Rodney I need to get down to the hospital right now." We had a TV in our branch and no one showed up for any counseling sessions that day, so we watched TV all day.

marooko
09-11-2008, 07:38 AM
That morning was the longest it ever took me to tie my shoes. I couldn't believe what I was watching. My entire family lives on the east coast. My mom in PA and my dad in NJ. Luckily they were all ok. One of the things that struck me most was when my dad said he could see the smoke from his back porch. He lives in Passaic.

I'm not really the crying type, but watching the second tower get hit live and the faces of the reporters was really tough.

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 07:41 AM
I remember waking up and heading to the kitchen to make my coffee as my boyfriend watched the TV report of events. As I sat there in my morning stupor staring at the screen, I couldn't comprehend the whole scenario. I wanted to think it was a preview for a Steven Spielberg movie due to all the effects I was witnessing on the TV screen.I had that day off and shortly after he left for work, the 2nd plane hit. Right there, before my eyes on TV. I remember hearing the horrific sounds and screams, uncut, uneditted, and I was wishing...unreal. By 3pm, I hadn't budged from the recliner, I was still in my robe, and I was still trying to convince myself this wasn't really happening. Then they announced that Disneyland was closed due to being a potential target...along with many places along the California coast. It was probably at that moment that I realized life would never be the same...

algunz
09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
There's an air force base south of Miami and while we were outside we heard planes flying by and we freaked out a bit because of the grounding of all flights.

We live below the landing flight path into John Wayne Airport. It was really eery not to hear any planes, and then at like 2 am these jets flew past. The sound was creepy and so loud. You could tell it wasn't a commercial flight. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
That morning was the longest it ever took me to tie my shoes. I couldn't believe what I was watching. My entire family lives on the east coast. My mom in PA and my dad in NJ. Luckily they were all ok. One of the things that struck me most was when my dad said he could see the smoke from his back porch. He lives in Passaic.

I'm not really the crying type, but watching the second tower get hit live and the faces of the reporters was really tough. I made it as far as, "The longest it ever took to tie my shoes," and tears filled my eyes...

algunz
09-11-2008, 07:51 AM
It kind of amazes me how much it still hurts. Seven years and I still can't get through the day without crying.

TommyboyUNM
09-11-2008, 07:51 AM
I was a sophomore in college when it happened. My mom woke me up and said "A plane hit the World Trade Center, wake up." I was groggy and asleep so I didn't process fully what she said. Probably 3 minutes later, I got a phone call from work asking me if there was any way I could go in and help out with answering phone and running the board. I worked for some radio stations and all of the stations were carrying ABC News so they needed people to operate the sound boards. I got downstairs in time to see the 2nd plane hit the towers. Like for most Americans, that image is burned into my memory. I had class that day and it wasn't cancelled, so I decided to go. It was an economics class and the professor was talking about the possible economic impact of this. We were all in shock, but it was still kind of interesting. I remember feeling mad, scared and just in utter disbelief. It almost doesn't seem real to this day.

Young blood
09-11-2008, 07:54 AM
I woke up around ten o'clock in the morning
I gave myself a stretch up, a morning yawn and
Went to the bathroom to wash up
Put some soap on my face and my hand upon a cup, said
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is the top choice of them all
there was a rumble tumble, five minutes it lasted
the mirror said, "You are you conceited bastard!"
Well that true, that why we never had no beef
THen I washed off the soap and brushed the gold teeth
Used oil of olay cause my skin gets pail
and then I grabbed the file for my finger nails
I'm true to the style on my behalf
I put the bubbles in the tub so I could take a bubble bath
Clean, dry, was my, body and hair
I threw on my brand new Gucci underwear
For all the girls I might take home
I got the Johnson's Baby Powder and the Polo Cologne
Fresh dress, like a million bucks,
put on the Bally shoes and the fly green socks.
Stepped out the house stopped short, oh no
Went back in I forgot my Kangol
Then I dilly, DALLY, I ran through the ALLEY
I bumped into this homegirl named SALLY from the VALLEY
This was a girl playing hard to get
So I said "What's wrong?" cause she looked upset
She said uh, "It's all because of you
I'm feeling sad and blue
You went away
and now my life is filled with rainy days
I love you so
How much you'll never know
Cause you took your love away from me"
Now what was I to do
She was crying over me and she was feeling blue
I said, "Don't cry, dry, your eyes
Here comes your mother with those two little guys"
Her mean mother steps and says to me "Hi!"
Hit Sally in the face and deckedvi her in the eye
punched her in the belly, and stepped on her feet
Slammed the child on the hard concrete
The bitch was strong, the kids was gone
Something was wrong I said what was going on?
I tried to break it up I said, stop it, leave her
She said, "If I can't have you she can't either"
She grabbed me closely by my socks
So I broke the hell out like I had the chicken pox
But uh, she gave chase, she caught up quick
She put a finger in the face of MC Rick, and said
"Why don't you give me some play?
And we can go cruising in my old jag
And if you give me that OK
I'll give you all my love today
Ricky Ricky Ricky, can't you see
Somehow your words just hypnotize me
And I just love your jazzy ways
So MC Rick my love is here to stay"
And on and on and on she kept on
The bitch been around before my mother's born
I said, "Cheer up!" I gave her a kiss
I said, "You can't have me I'm too young for you miss"
She said, "No you're not," then she starts crying
I says, "I'm nineteen", she says, "Stop lying!"
I said, "I am -- go ask my mother
And with your wrinkled pussy, I can't be your lover!"
To the heart tick tock you don't stop
To the heart tick tock you don't quit, hit it!

...don't ever forget, Doug E. Fresh, and MC Ricky D...

disgustipated
09-11-2008, 07:54 AM
It's my gf's b-day. I told her "wake up, I lit two birthday candles for you"

I regreted that statement later.

M Sparks
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I was in bed, and my wife was in the shower listening to NPR. She came in and said calmly "Someone attacked the World Trade Center."

I said "Again?"

"No they hit it with a plane"

"It was probably an accident." (I'm picturing a 2 seater clipping the building.)

"No, they hit the Pentagon too."

"Get the fuck out of here." I go back to sleep. I seriously thought she was messing with me. Then the phone rang, asking me to come into work ASAP. I was working TV news at the time. I said "If this is such a big deal, then why do you need me at ALL, let alone early? Won't we just run the national feed all day?" Then I got up and turned on the TV just before the second plane hit, and got all creeped out.

That was the day I realized how awful local TV news is, and knew I had to get out. I had to work like 14 hours that day, and I just kept thinking "WHY? I live in rural Arizona. This is a tragedy, but it has NO impact locally except in a "boo-hoo, I feel sad" way. Why are we busting our asses to "make this local"? It's not local. We cut into the national feed with a half hour of people who have no stake in the tragedy whining about their minor depression. It was all about advertising dollars and disgustingly self-centered people. Firefighters are in New York are digging out their buddies corpses, and I'm working overtime so we can show some hippie douchebags standing on the street with candles 3000 miles away.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 08:16 AM
I had just dropped my kids off at school and had turned on the radio, I was listening to some hip hop station and they were going on and on about what was going on, I seriously thought it was some sick joke because they were known to do stuff like that. Then they broke into some live broadcast from CNN and I knew it was true. I then immediately started trying to call my sister because she travels alot for work and I didn't know where she was at the time. She didn't answer and I was so scared, she is the only family I really claim besides my kids and I would have been devastated if anything happened to her. She finally got back to me and I was so releived to hear she was ok. Then I came to work and they gave everyone the opportunity to go home if they wanted but I stuck around, they had the news on in the conference rooms and no one really worked that day, just sat around and watched in horror.

whynotsmile99
09-11-2008, 08:17 AM
i remember waking up from school and my mom came in and told me a plane hit the WTC. I sorta blew it off at first. How bad could it be? I thought it would be a small plane that clipped the side or something. So I got out of bed, put on the tv and saw it was a dead on hit.

I don't remember watching the second plane hit, though I'm sure I must have seen it. I do remember watching the first tower fall and being in a daze. It didn't feel real and the magnitude of the situation didn't really hit me yet. It did, but...it didn't at the same time. It was strange.

that day at school we did nothing but talk and watch tv all day, except for 2nd period, where my teacher turned off the tv and made us do math. Stupid.

I remeber my dad went to work that day in Downtown LA. I really didn't want him going to downtown LA that day for obvious reasons.
they ended up letting everyone go home early, though it took him hours to make it back home. Total gridlock

marooko
09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
I woke up around ten o'clock in the morning
I gave myself a stretch up, a morning yawn and
Went to the bathroom to wash up
Put some soap on my face and my hand upon a cup, said
Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is the top choice of them all
there was a rumble tumble, five minutes it lasted
the mirror said, "You are you conceited bastard!"
Well that true, that why we never had no beef
THen I washed off the soap and brushed the gold teeth
Used oil of olay cause my skin gets pail
and then I grabbed the file for my finger nails
I'm true to the style on my behalf
I put the bubbles in the tub so I could take a bubble bath
Clean, dry, was my, body and hair
I threw on my brand new Gucci underwear
For all the girls I might take home
I got the Johnson's Baby Powder and the Polo Cologne
Fresh dress, like a million bucks,
put on the Bally shoes and the fly green socks.
Stepped out the house stopped short, oh no
Went back in I forgot my Kangol
Then I dilly, DALLY, I ran through the ALLEY
I bumped into this homegirl named SALLY from the VALLEY
This was a girl playing hard to get
So I said "What's wrong?" cause she looked upset
She said uh, "It's all because of you
I'm feeling sad and blue
You went away
and now my life is filled with rainy days
I love you so
How much you'll never know
Cause you took your love away from me"
Now what was I to do
She was crying over me and she was feeling blue
I said, "Don't cry, dry, your eyes
Here comes your mother with those two little guys"
Her mean mother steps and says to me "Hi!"
Hit Sally in the face and deckedvi her in the eye
punched her in the belly, and stepped on her feet
Slammed the child on the hard concrete
The bitch was strong, the kids was gone
Something was wrong I said what was going on?
I tried to break it up I said, stop it, leave her
She said, "If I can't have you she can't either"
She grabbed me closely by my socks
So I broke the hell out like I had the chicken pox
But uh, she gave chase, she caught up quick
She put a finger in the face of MC Rick, and said
"Why don't you give me some play?
And we can go cruising in my old jag
And if you give me that OK
I'll give you all my love today
Ricky Ricky Ricky, can't you see
Somehow your words just hypnotize me
And I just love your jazzy ways
So MC Rick my love is here to stay"
And on and on and on she kept on
The bitch been around before my mother's born
I said, "Cheer up!" I gave her a kiss
I said, "You can't have me I'm too young for you miss"
She said, "No you're not," then she starts crying
I says, "I'm nineteen", she says, "Stop lying!"
I said, "I am -- go ask my mother
And with your wrinkled pussy, I can't be your lover!"
To the heart tick tock you don't stop
To the heart tick tock you don't quit, hit it!

...don't ever forget, Doug E. Fresh, and MC Ricky D...

thank you for not posting the disgraceful version snoop did.

TomAz
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
there are hippies in rural arizona?

JustSteve
09-11-2008, 08:50 AM
We live below the landing flight path into John Wayne Airport. It was really eery not to hear any planes, and then at like 2 am these jets flew past. The sound was creepy and so loud. You could tell it wasn't a commercial flight. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

we lived right under the take off path of john wayne...the silence for those days following really was eerie, i was used to being woken up at 7am when planes began their take-offs each day.

i remember my dad calling me and telling me to turn on tv, his voice trembling. a week or so later we were at a bar to watch the monday football game and when the national anthem began everyone in the restaurant stood up, it was an emotional moment.

in personal terms: my cousin was supposed to be in one of the towers that day. he was actually fired from his job a couple weeks before the attacks and his replacement ended up making the trip. her call was one of the ones played all over the news. it was a message to her family, she was saying goodbye because she knew she had no chance of getting out. it is so hard to make sense of it. when he got fired it had to be horrible for him, he had 3 young children at home and a mortgage to pay. 2 weeks later this happens and he is home with his family while his former co-worker loses her life.

algunz
09-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Those phone calls were torturous - from the buildings, from the planes.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Driving to work today they had a rememberance type thing playing on the radio, they took exerpts from the newscasts, speeches given and phone calls made that morning with the national anthem playing in the background. It still brings tears to my eyes. I don't cry often but that is one day that will always bring a tear to my eye when I think about it.

JustSteve
09-11-2008, 09:03 AM
there is a special on the history channel tonight called something like "102 minutes" that is a compilation of all the news and radio reports that happened starting when the first plane hit. i have it dvr'd since i don;t know if i can watch it tonight.

menikmati
09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I was sleeping, and my Dad came into my room and told me to get up and that I had to see this....this was right after the second plane had it, so it was probably like 6:10am or something for me (school started at 8, and I usually caught the city bus at like 7:15 or so)....anyway, I walk out in the living room and look at the TV, and I see one of the buildings on fire....but it was like a far view, and I don't think there was any on-screen graphic of telling me a plane had hit, because I remember staring at the image and thinking to myself what in the world is going on. I remember thinking that maybe it was possibly just a huge office fire gone bad, or at worst maybe some lunatic detonated some bomb on the higher floors....it wasn't until they cut to a different angle and said a second plane had hit, and then showed the replay of the second plane hitting, that I realized what was really going on. It kinda freaked me out, it was just like holy shit wow.

Then my dad left for work and for the next hour or so, while getting ready for school, I just kept going back to see the latest reports....I remember seeing the live feed of when the attack on the pentagon was first told, and they were saying it was a helicopter that had exploded there (no mention of a plane), then right before I walked out the door to go catch the bus, the first tower fell, and I remember thinking just holy shit this is bad, and that was my last image for most of the day, because at school, none of the fucking teachers I had would turn their TVs on saying they didn't wanna expose us to this, and I remember thinking like holy shit, this is the worst attack in our country's history, this is going to affect us all, and you'd rather go over last night's chapter we were supposed to read???? The whole day was like this, and the whole day all I heard was rumors of planes headed to SF, other planes that had hit, 10's of thousands had died....it was just frustrating not knowing what was going on, and having to deal with sitting through classes for the whole day. Looking back, the whole thing kinda seems surreal. It's weird.

Mr.Nipples
09-11-2008, 09:10 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/barrelroll-1.jpg

bballarl
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I was sleeping, and my Dad came into my room and told me to get up and that I had to see this....this was right after the second plane had it, so it was probably like 6:10am or something for me (school started at 8, and I usually caught the city bus at like 7:15 or so)....anyway, I walk out in the living room and look at the TV, and I see one of the buildings on fire....but it was like a far view, and I don't think there was any on-screen graphic of telling me a plane had hit, because I remember staring at the image and thinking to myself what in the world is going on. I remember thinking that maybe it was possibly just a huge office fire gone bad, or at worst maybe some lunatic detonated some bomb on the higher floors....it wasn't until they cut to a different angle and said a second plane had hit, and then showed the replay of the second plane hitting, that I realized what was really going on. It kinda freaked me out, it was just like holy shit wow.

Then my dad left for work and for the next hour or so, while getting ready for school, I just kept going back to see the latest reports....I remember seeing the live feed of when the attack on the pentagon was first told, and they were saying it was a helicopter that had exploded there (no mention of a plane), then right before I walked out the door to go catch the bus, the first tower fell, and I remember thinking just holy shit this is bad, and that was my last image for most of the day, because at school, none of the fucking teachers I had would turn their TVs on saying they didn't wanna expose us to this, and I remember thinking like holy shit, this is the worst attack in our country's history, this is going to affect us all, and you'd rather go over last night's chapter we were supposed to read???? The whole day was like this, and the whole day all I heard was rumors of planes headed to SF, other planes that had hit, 10's of thousands had died....it was just frustrating not knowing what was going on, and having to deal with sitting through classes for the whole day. Looking back, the whole thing kinda seems surreal. It's weird.

The principal of our middle school turned the cable off that day. It was extremely frustrating. None of the teachers seemed particularly into teaching (my spanish teacher tried to calm everyone down by saying how she would hear bombs going off in Buenos Aires all the time during her youth, and thus this was not the end of the world) and the whole day we were kind of in this information dead zone. It was a strange day.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/barrelroll-1.jpg

LOLZ

algunz
09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I remember thinking just holy shit this is bad, and that was my last image for most of the day, because at school, none of the fucking teachers I had would turn their TVs on saying they didn't wanna expose us to this, and I remember thinking like holy shit, this is the worst attack in our country's history, this is going to affect us all, and you'd rather go over last night's chapter we were supposed to read????

I had the radio on in the classroom. I couldn't handle the images. I'm not sure I talked to my students much that day. I was too emotional. We just sat around and quietly listened to the sounds.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
It was a horrible tragedy and I doubt anyone will ever forget where they were at the time. But I also remember driving into work a few days later, I was on the freeway and there was an old man on an overpass, dressed in his old military uniform, waving a flag back and forth, people were slowing down, honking and waving. I had never witnessed people feeling so much brotherly love as they did after that date. I hate that it happened, but I am glad that I got to witness such emotion from people around me. I had been through alot in life at that point and that was the first time in a very long time that I actually felt such true emotion, I had cut all those feelings off for so long I forgot what it was like.

Young blood
09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Cheney Waits Until Last Minute Again To Buy Sept. 11 Gifts
WASHINGTON—Busy dealing with important paperwork and other vice presidential duties in recent weeks, Dick Cheney was forced to put off until the last minute a cherished annual tradition: gift-shopping for his favorite holiday, 9/11.

"I looked at the calendar yesterday, and I couldn't believe my eyes—9/11 is almost here!" a rosy-cheeked Cheney said upon returning to the White House Sunday with two giant bags overflowing with gift-wrapped boxes and big red bows. "It's the most wonderful time of the year."

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Cheney-Waits-R.jpg

While Cheney is known by many to be cold and taciturn for the other 11 months of the year, those close to the vice president say there is something about the 9/11 season that puts a smile on his face and a spring in his step. Each Sept. 11 morning since 2001, Cheney has come to work donning a fireman costume and handed out small, thoughtful gifts to all White House staffers. In addition, at his home on 9/11 Eve, Cheney lays out large piles of presents for his children and grandchildren underneath the colorfully lit, six-foot-tall 9/11 towers that he sets up by the fireplace.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Cheney-Waits-Jump-R.jpg

"I think I've outdone myself this year—I bought the president a box of cigars and a brand-new fountain pen, I got Condoleezza [Rice] a beautiful blue blazer, and for my wife [Lynne] I bought a diamond necklace, a new winter coat, and this neat little motorized airplane ornament to hang on the 9/11 towers," Cheney told reporters while perusing the windows of New York's famed Park Avenue shops. "And for [grandson] Samuel I bought about a million toys and games and 9/11 nutcrackers. I probably went a little bit overboard, but it's his first 9/11, and I want it to be as special as my first 9/11."

The vice president then reiterated how fortunate he was to have received his big 9/11 bonus early this year.

Although Cheney himself has never received any Sept. 11 gifts, with the exception of a pair of silk pajamas from his wife and a second term in office, he insisted that he gets more joy from giving than receiving. According to Cheney, Sept. 11 is a time to reflect and give thanks for all the benefits and blessings 9/11 has given him in the past.
Cheney, however, lamented the fact that he has seen a recent decline in the nation's 9/11 spirit.

"I don't know what's happened," Cheney said. "Less than seven years ago, 9/11 seemed like a huge event for every American. Back then, on Sept. 11 morning, everyone would dart downstairs at 8:46 a.m. sharp, shouting and screaming, and the ground outside would be blanketed in the most beautiful gray as far as the eye could see. I especially loved the streets of New York during this season—the lights, the sounds, people rushing every which way, the sidewalks so crowded you could barely move, the wide-eyed looks on the people's faces. The whole New York skyline was lit up like a Christmas tree."

Cheney then sighed happily, adding, "I wish every day were 9/11."
While he's disappointed that so many seem to have forgotten the lessons of his beloved holiday, the vice president said he simply could not stay sad with 9/11 just around the corner. Lynne Cheney told reporters she expects her husband will once again go overboard in his celebrations this year, buying a larger 9/11 front-yard display and making himself sick eating too many broken Pentagon cookies.

"He really gets into it," she said as her husband cheerfully decorated the Blue Room of the White House with pieces of smoldering cinder and charred flesh to recreate the setting of Ground Zero. "I try to tell him that it's just a silly holiday, that he's making a fool out of himself when he goes around shouting 'Happy Sept. 11!' to people while ringing a large bell, but he never listens. He just loves 9/11."

But amid all the decorating and gift-giving, Vice President Cheney is careful not to let all the 9/11 festivities distract him from the deeper significance the day holds.

"Sometimes, in all the hustle and bustle of the season, it's easy to forget the true meaning of Sept. 11," Cheney said. "Sept. 11 is not about fancy 9/11 parades, or big 9/11 office parties. In fact, it's not even just about two buildings crumbling to the ground and leaving thousands of innocent people dead."

"No," Cheney continued. "No, 9/11 is about the warm feeling you get when you help an elderly woman cross the street and then whisper to her that the terrorists can strike at any moment. 9/11 is about the satisfaction of telling people to do things and then them doing it—not because they want to, but because they are afraid to do otherwise. 9/11 is about removing Saddam Hussein from power. But most of all, 9/11 is about love."

Cheney said he plans to spend a quiet Sept. 11 at home this year, during which he will exchange gifts with loved ones and watch his taped VHS footage of the old 9/11 TV specials while he smiles and laughs.
"I have a feeling this is going to be the best Sept. 11 ever," Cheney said with a grin. "I just dread the day I have to tell my kids that 9/11 isn't real."

algunz
09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
It has been the only time I've flown a flag in front of my house.

Young blood
09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
never forget kokomo.

algunz
09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
That comic that hosted the VMAs was fired because he showed up to work on 9/11 dressed as Bin Laden.

hawkingvsreeve
09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I was getting ready to go to my radio class in college, so I guess it was a Tuesday. The second plane hit before I left for school, and I wasn't really able to fully comprehend the significance of what I was watching because other than knowing that the WTC were tall buildings in New York I wasn't really sure what went on in them. I didn't have any other classes that day so I hung out at the station doing news reports and watched both towers fall. I think that is when the scope of how bad the situation was sunk in. It was like watching a movie seeing everyone run from that dust cloud and duck into buildings. The event and the years following inspired an interest in politics and world events that I don't think I would have really cared much about if it hadn't happened. It's odd, being that this event is sort of like my generation's Kennedy assassination; an event where you know exactly where you were, what you were doing, etc.

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 09:53 AM
there are hippies in rural arizona?
In Patagonia?

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 09:56 AM
But I also remember driving into work a few days later, I was on the freeway and there was an old man on an overpass, dressed in his old military uniform, waving a flag back and forth, people were slowing down, honking and waving.
I saw a man like that today on the Superstition Fwy.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 09:58 AM
That is where he was, he comes back every year. I use to live out there on Baseline and Sossoman. Same guy, I miss that old guy. I will be out in mesa tonight, maybe he will still be out there. :)

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 10:03 AM
My father-in-law called us at 5:45am, and we knew something had to be wrong because why would someone call us that early? We turned on the TV before the 2nd plane hit, and I don't remember seeing the 2nd plane hit but I remember seeing the played-back footage of it. I called my friend (and co-worker) up to tell her family the news, and she ended up staying home that day, but I went in to work.

I remember really, REALLY wanting radio to play U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" to help me feel something or feel patriotic or whatever, but radio refused to play that song (and many other songs) for a couple months because they were afraid to piss people off. Also, one of my favorite bands Curve was due to release their new album Gift on Sept 18th, but their first single "Hell Above the Water" was deemed offensive because of the title and no one played it. It was a fuckin awesome song too, and many, many movie trailers have used the opening riff (Spiderman was one of them). Also, anyone remember how they removed that Spiderman trailer (and part of the movie) which had the World Trade Center in it?

I also remember being afraid to go to work for at least a year because I work in a 25 story building, AND I work for telecommunications. I was afraid my building could be a possible target and considering one (or more?) terrorists got their flying licenses in Scottsdale, who knows?

frozen pilgrim
09-11-2008, 10:05 AM
we didn't even get the day off school.
when a teacher made the mistake of announcing what was going on as it was happening, a bunch of the monkeys in my class started hooting and cheering. I walked out of the classroom, nodding to my teacher who nodded back as I left, and walked home (only a couple blocks). sat with my parents and watched what was going on.

Pixiessp
09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I got a phone call from my girlfriend at the time telling me to turn on the TV.
She said the World Trade Center had collapsed. I thought she was joking.
I watched it all in a fog. It all seemed like a dream, a bad dream.
At work we set up a TV in our Photo Lab and all through out the day
employees and customers would gather around it to watch.
I remember a customer asked if we had any American flags and we had a few left in our stockroom. When the rest of the customer saw this person with a flag they swarmed around the manager and asked if we had any more.
She,the manager,looked scared.We had plenty for all that day.

I just wanted to leave California and go to New York and help out.
I would have done anything. I wanted to crawl into those collapsed buildings and pull people out. Anything but sit there at work and stare at a TV.

The whole rest of the year there was this uneasy feeling that I think we all felt. Thanksgiving felt weird. Christmas felt lackluster.

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 10:11 AM
I have to admit that I didn't really know what the World Trade Center was before it collapsed. Heck I live in Arizona, and I had never been to the Northeast before this past August.

roberto73
09-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I just wrote this elsewhere. Take the time to read it, or not.

On September 11, 2001, two bush-league radio disc jockeys in a nowhere desert town were joking about a plane hitting one of the towers of the World Trade Center. I don’t remember the exact phrasing, but their conclusion seemed to be that it was a prank, and someone was surely going to lose his pilot’s license in the bargain.

I’d just left Circle K with a cup of coffee and the L.A. Times, and was heading for school. I don’t even know why I was listening to the local radio station. I usually had a CD going, and it seems odd to me that that morning of all mornings I would have had it on. As a result, one of my most enduring memories of 9/11 is of hearing two grown men on the public airwaves laughing about what would become, in no time at all, the most vicious attack in our country’s history. Of course, no one at that point knew what was going on. It was just after 6:00 in the morning in California and, sleep-fogged as I was, I didn’t give any more thought to this particular story than I might have given to a story about someone in a Spider-Man costume scaling a skyscraper to protest child-support laws. It was a freshly-minted school year, my first back in the classroom after a taking year off for graduate school, and I had other things on my mind.

No one was talking about at it at school that morning, either. I didn’t hear any students mention it as they arrived on campus, and I exchanged early-morning pleasantries with the teachers around me without any indication of what was happening on the other side of the country. I had the first class of the day off for my prep period, and it wasn’t until I headed to the administration building that I discovered the extent of what I’d heard the disc jockeys laughing about earlier. As I breezed past the conference room, I saw a clutch of teachers gathered around the television, and I stopped to see what was happening. It was 7:25, and I’d arrived just in time to see the north tower collapse.

I heard a couple of my colleagues gasp, and one of them started to cry. Standing next to me, a Spanish teacher whom I’d never known to speak an intelligent word said something that proved to be eerily prescient: “God, I wish Gore had been elected.” It was, for me, a moment of pure incomprehension. It was almost as though I didn’t know what I was seeing. The building was there – and then it wasn’t, like it was simply sinking into the earth. I’d been raised on movies, and I’d seen lots of buildings collapse. None of them looked like this one, its nearly graceful tumble marking the end of one era and the beginning of another.

It was a long walk back to the classroom. None of us watching that day could have known exactly what would transpire in the days and months to come, how the effects of the planes’ impact and the towers’ collapse would continue to radiate outward like the ripples of a stone thrown into a pond, the country’s grief dopplering each year as the anniversary approaches. Even so, I found myself – usually imperturbable as I am – fighting back tears. I was saddened by the loss of life, of course, but more than that, I had been punched in the gut by the sheer enormity of what had happened. I had lived a relatively sheltered life, and while I was not exactly a stranger to sadness, this went beyond the melancholy and disappointment that was really all I knew of loss. This was different. This was anguish, and it was so much more vast and despairing than anything I had known before.

What was eventually comforting, though, is that it was a communal anguish. For a while that day I tried to keep the students on track, soldiering on in the face of their obvious distraction and confusion, but it became clear that they needed to talk, to process what was going on as much as I did. And so we talked. And the talking continued throughout the day with my students, into the evening with my housemate and parents, and into the days that followed with other friends and family. Yes, we were struggling to make sense of what had happened, but there was also a sense of solidarity, of comfort, as though talking about it was a reminder that, even though the world had changed, we were still okay.

There’s something to be said for the uniting power of tragedy, the way sadness brings us together and makes us temporarily forget our differences. As misanthropic as I feel sometimes, it seems like we missed an opportunity to learn something important from 9/11. Something went wrong in the ensuing months, and we let the sense of community we felt slip away. I don’t know what we can attribute it to other than the natural attrition of memory, but as I look at how ugly and divided our rhetoric has become in the last few years, it feels like we should have tried harder and clung more tenaciously to the united sense of purpose we had in the days immediately following 9/11. We squandered what we could have gained from that day, and that makes the horrific loss of life seem even more pointless. We owed them more.

SFChrissy
09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I was getting out of the shower and heard my ex saying repeatedly "oh my god are you kidding me, no way"...I went into the living room and saw what was on the tv and kept asking what is happening while I got ready for work. I went to work not really understanding the seriousness of it all (at the time I worked for a CM firm that worked on airport upgrades so we were getting calls from a dozen different job sites. My boss called into the office to send everyone home for the day but we were barricaded in our building by protestors & police...you could litteraly feel the windows shacking from all the noise outside our building at 5th & market...

locachica73
09-11-2008, 10:19 AM
I had just been in NYC in October of that year. I remember flying in and seeing the buildings and how tall they were compared to the other buildings. Now whenever I see a movie of the NYC skyline that is from before they fell it is just so weird to see them there.

The other weird thing, I was in NYC the month before, everyone was so rude, the NYC that you read and hear about, people bumping into you, taxis nearly running you off the road, that sort of thing, even the people that worked in the starbucks were rude (which never happens). Then we went back a year later, the city was just alot nicer. And we went down to the site, it was very weird to be down there. The feelings that it brought were incredible.

algunz
09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
it seems like we missed an opportunity to learn something important from 9/11.

We owed them more.

We always miss opportunities, as a country, as a human race.

Your last line just made me cry again.

Blinken
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I was in Santa Cruz getting ready for my first year of college, staying at a hotel until I could move into the dorms a couple days later. We woke up and my mom was trying to connect to the internet for work and couldn't get on. She assumed that people at her office were being fired and the servers were down, so she called her office where everyone was freaking out and they told her to turn on the news. later that day she drove back to LA leaving me at the hotel, since I had given her the wrong day to move into the dorms, and she had planned a vacation before i figured out the mistake. My mom was worried about leaving me alone, until i explained that Santa Cruz was a hell of a lot safer than LA.

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
My 2nd daughter was conceived that week, possibly even that day or the day before.

BlackSwan
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I am originally from New York and I was in High School at the time on the east end of Long Island. I was actually sitting in the library (study hall) when the loudspeaker's came on and said that two planes had crashed into one of the WTC towers. Needless to say, I didn't understand the gravity of the situation at the time and how to would truly would change everything forever.

PlayaDelWes
09-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I was in Hua Han, Thailand. We had finished dinner at the Sofitel beach resort and I was playing chess on the giant chess-board in the garden. We were fairly loaded, yet I was beating my boss handedly – a couple moves from checkmate in fact.

http://www.huahinmaps.com/photos/huahin/A1.JPG

Then, this Australian bloke who I was working with at the time who left dinner early, came running across the darkness of the lawn telling us that someone had blown up the WTC and the towers had “fallen across the harbor into Brooklyn”.

I spent the rest of the week working in Hua Han, one night in Bangkok, and headed off to Hong Kong not knowing if I could even get a flight back to LAX. At that point, no international flights were being allowed to depart for the US. As flights were cancelled, people were bumped to the back of the queue.

Upon arrival in Hong Kong, the best airport personnel ever at the best airport ever, escorted me to my scheduled flight on Cathy Pacific, which ended up being the first flight NOT cancelled back to the US. The waiting list for our flight was well over a thousand.

Arriving at LAX was spooky as it was completely deserted.

mvanwinkle
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/kmcdude/hulksmashwtc500.jpg

boarderwoozel3
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Rrrrriight....

This is a good reminder not to watch any news programs today.

greghead
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Freshman year at NAU, my roommate's cousin called us at 6:14 AM to tell us. Interestingly, the first thought that came through my head was, "I hope the test today is canceled." Looking back I wish it had been something more profound.

Unfortunately this country has done nothing to honor the deaths that occurred there. Instead we got "freedom fries" and an endless war from a corrupt administration that still parades 9/11 in order to win public support for its foreign and domestic policies.

Boourns
09-11-2008, 12:28 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/nevar77.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/AllahMario.gif

Yeah, I was in school that day and didn't find out until around 1pm eastern time. I guess the first tower hit shortly after I first arrived at school, where I took advantage of the computer lab to email ticketmaster in a failed attempt to get at least some of my Radiohead Bull Run money refunded. Then I went to my 9:30-10:45 class. My 11-12:15 class was canceled because the professor was in NYC for a funeral that day, so I went to the computer lab for a few minutes and then to lunch. Then I went to the book store and read magazines for a while and headed back to the computer lab, and on the way to the lab I saw a huge crowd standing around watching TV and didn't even think to see why. And also, I walked past the setting up of what would be the university president's speech about 9/11.

Eventually I find myself going to mortigi tempo and I see a few brand new superthreads with titles containing words like "WTC", "NYC", etc. And I click inside and see people freaking out about something and hoping people they know are okay. I decide to find out what was going on, but all the news sites are completely fucked. Eventually I get CNN to load and the site has been replaced by a single page listing everything that happened. I don't know why, but I printed it and read it that way. I was in complete shock and could not believe what I was reading. I looked around and nobody else around me seemed to be affected in any kind of way, so I leave and call home.

A few minutes later it's time for my 1:30-2:45 class, and only a dozen or so people are there. The professor asks if we have any questions, then dismisses us. So I figure I want to go home but I was a good student that never missed class, unlike in high school or my last year of college, lulz, so I find a payphone and call the professor of my 4:20-5:35 class to see if it is still on. Her office voicemail recording says the class is cancelled, so I call my ride and say I'm coming home early. And while waiting, I sit down in the student lounge to watch TV and that's when it really hits me. Reading about it was one thing, but actually seeing it on TV? Ugh. I still can't believe I just barely missed hearing about it so many times throughout the day. I have no idea what I was doing in the computer labs that I didn't find out about 9/11 until almost 1pm.

indietron
09-11-2008, 12:59 PM
There’s something to be said for the uniting power of tragedy, the way sadness brings us together and makes us temporarily forget our differences. As misanthropic as I feel sometimes, it seems like we missed an opportunity to learn something important from 9/11. Something went wrong in the ensuing months, and we let the sense of community we felt slip away. I don’t know what we can attribute it to other than the natural attrition of memory, but as I look at how ugly and divided our rhetoric has become in the last few years, it feels like we should have tried harder and clung more tenaciously to the united sense of purpose we had in the days immediately following 9/11. We squandered what we could have gained from that day, and that makes the horrific loss of life seem even more pointless. We owed them more.

This is so perfect. Bravo.

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
It was a horrible tragedy and I doubt anyone will ever forget where they were at the time. But I also remember driving into work a few days later, I was on the freeway and there was an old man on an overpass, dressed in his old military uniform, waving a flag back and forth, people were slowing down, honking and waving. I had never witnessed people feeling so much brotherly love as they did after that date. I hate that it happened, but I am glad that I got to witness such emotion from people around me. I had been through alot in life at that point and that was the first time in a very long time that I actually felt such true emotion, I had cut all those feelings off for so long I forgot what it was like. That was the one positive thing I remember as well after that day...There was no black or white, no rich or poor, no Republican or Democrat...It was the first time that the United States actually felt...well, United...

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 01:36 PM
We always miss opportunities, as a country, as a human race.

Your last line just made me cry again. Here, Algunz...I have an extra hanky right here. You may have it...

algunz
09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Only if it's a christmas poo does a hanky really matter.

Young blood
09-11-2008, 01:53 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/wesraymond/lebanon.jpg

Young blood
09-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Never Forget......

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/ravane_e/donknottsrip.jpg

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
It took awhile , but I finally found something I wrote on the first anniversary of 9/11... "Do You Remember?" As I woke up that morning, barely out of bed, I won't forget the news, the announcement that was said~ Something bad had happened, and it's memory fills my head~ A tower that stood tall, a plane had just flown through. I thought, "How sad this happened." I didn't have a clue. And, as I sipped my coffee and watched the screen ahead, the next thing that I saw, will be forever in my head~ Another plane, the tower... "This can't be real at all!" I couldn't even fathom...then it began to fall~ Could this just be a movie, the kind that Spielberg makes? This has to be pretend, those planes are opnly fakes~ But, no, I sat there watching, eyes never left the screen...Much later on that day, still hard believing what I'd seen~ How many live's were broken at the same time those were lost? How many words unspoken...their value more than cost? How many undone dreams had fallin' from the sky? How unfair that it all seems and how many still ask, "Why?" I always will remember...and tears will still be shed... that morning in September...Forever in my head... by Beverly D. ~
The Brokendoll http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq338/bryan8707/americanflag.jpg

Bud Luster
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Fucking get over it, he's gone and he plays for the god damned Jets now... wait, am in the right place?

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I have to say I am pretty much over 9-11. I was so upset by what Bush did in the aftermath that I don't really want to think about it anymore. Osama Bin laden is still out there too. REMEMBER OSAMA???? Ugh.

Bud Luster
09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Never forget...

http://www.xoospace.com/myspace/graphics/18661.gif

Young blood
09-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Never forget...

http://www.xoospace.com/myspace/graphics/18661.gif

I just got a little teary.

JustSteve
09-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Then we went back a year later, the city was just alot nicer. And we went down to the site, it was very weird to be down there. The feelings that it brought were incredible.

i went down there while back in nyc for apw. it really fucking pissed me off to see people smiling and posing for pics with the site in the background. reeeeeallllly pissed me off.

the friend we stayed with for apw moved to nyc to work for mlb a couple years after the attacks and the place mlb put her up in overlooked the site, so every time she went to her window she was looking down at the pit that remains. horrible.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
i went down there while back in nyc for apw. it really fucking pissed me off to see people smiling and posing for pics with the site in the background. reeeeeallllly pissed me off.

the friend we stayed with for apw moved to nyc to work for mlb a couple years after the attacks and the place mlb put her up in overlooked the site, so every time she went to her window she was looking down at the pit that remains. horrible.

wow, when we were down there people were just dazed by what they saw, I haven't been there since so I don't know what it looks like now but then it was just so sad and heartbreaking, you could actually feel this difference in the air around there, or maybe it was my imagination. There were alot of people down there at the time, by down there I mean as close as they would let us get, and everyone seemed to be in the same kind of somber mood. I can't imagine anyone smiling and taking pictures down there.

algunz
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I haven't been able to visit ground zero, even though I've been back in the city 4 or 5 times.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I have to say I am pretty much over 9-11. I was so upset by what Bush did in the aftermath that I don't really want to think about it anymore. Osama Bin laden is still out there too. REMEMBER OSAMA???? Ugh.

I feel the same way about the first part. I never felt bad for myself, and thought oh my god this is so bad for me, and blah blah blah. Look at how it affected me. I only felt bad for the people in the planes, and the towers, and the people who lost family, they are the ones who went through this tragedy, not anyone else. Much love to anyone who died, or had family who died.

JustSteve
09-11-2008, 03:37 PM
...oops

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
hahahaha, that is some funny ass shit right there.

mvanwinkle
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
is there actually devoted board members on stagecoach who post a lot?

JustSteve
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah, they are all older bitches and bubba's, it's like a fucking knitting circle over there...no sense of humor and they can't take one bit of sarcasm, the old dried out twats.

look at this shit for fuck's sake: http://stagecoachfestival.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
At least there are people in there.

rskapcat
09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I was working at a veterinarian's office at the time, so I was sitting on the couch watching a little TV before I headed to work. My husband was still sleeping. After the first plane hit, I went and woke my husband up and said, "Baby, you need to come here...something's happening." We didn't have many clients come in to the vet that day, so the other techs and I just sat around and watched the news coverage all day.

My husband worked for the airlines at the time, and we lived near the airport, so I was always aware of the air traffic. The weirdest thing was how the sky was just SILENT. I don't remember when flights started up again, but I think it was at least two days of eerie quiet.

algunz
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I HATE that Hulk Hogan bullshit. It's just so simple minded. I have a good sense of humor about most things, but that one for some reason just bugs me. I think because it was one of the first and I wasn't ready for it yet.

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
yeah, they are all older bitches and bubba's, it's like a fucking knitting circle over there...no sense of humor and they can't take one bit of sarcasm, the old dried out twats.

look at this shit for fuck's sake: http://stagecoachfestival.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658

has to be a joke.

CalmerThanYou
09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Same shit in the morning...

That night i put my PA up to the window of my bedroom, turned it up full blast, and played the national anthem on my electric to the apartment complex i was living in (i was a freshman in college)...it was mostly as a release for myself more than anything else.

When i was done, there were 5 seconds of silence then i heard clapping and cheering from all around the apartment complex. i knew then they needed to hear that as well...

algunz
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I wish people would still do that kind of stuff.

bluemamba
09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I remember that morning. My dad was dropping me off at school. I was in the 8th grade. I dont remember many of the 8th grade days but that one i did. A lot of my teachers were really bummed out and were getting really political. Many were afraid maybe L.A. and many other major cities were next.

Lurker_in_a_tree
09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I HATE that Hulk Hogan bullshit. It's just so simple minded. I have a good sense of humor about most things, but that one for some reason just bugs me. I think because it was one of the first and I wasn't ready for it yet.

You're not alone.

betao
09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I was in the 7th grade, I was in my gym class sitting down talking with a few of my friends. It was like 10:30ish I guess, when an announcement came over the PA. I don't remember what it fully said, but it said something along the lines of a "A plan has crashed into the pentagon, we will now have a moment of science".

The classes just kind of murmured during it, what could you expect, its middle school. I didn't know what was happening, I just thought it was an accident, not terror related.

I had an early dismissal after that, it was for an orthodontist appointment. My aunt was picking me up, and she was late, so I spent about 20 minutes in the office waiting for her, watching the news while waiting. It was after the towers had collapsed, and all you could see was smoke in NYC. I was shocked, but at that age I couldn't really comprehend what was happening.

I remember that week buying an issue of US Weekly magazine - it was a special edition made just for the 9/11 attacks. To this day, I still have it sealed in a page protector at my house.

betao
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
That was the one positive thing I remember as well after that day...There was no black or white, no rich or poor, no Republican or Democrat...It was the first time that the United States actually felt...well, United...

Yes it was.

It's a shame that it takes an event like 9/11 to make that happen.

Kind of like for some families, it takes a funeral to bring everyone together. It's sad :(.

BlackSwan
09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
That was the one positive thing I remember as well after that day...There was no black or white, no rich or poor, no Republican or Democrat...It was the first time that the United States actually felt...well, United...

Yes it was.

It's a shame that it takes an event like 9/11 to make that happen.

Kind of like for some families, it takes a funeral to bring everyone together. It's sad :(.

umm... you guys are forgetting about all the Arab Americans (and anyone else who looked Arab) who first got fingers pointed them by ignorant Americans and the others who locked up without reason or trial by an incompetent government... but yeah, you're right.... I did see a lot of ribbons and little flags on peoples cars.

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 10:17 PM

look at this shit for fuck's sake: http://stagecoachfestival.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658 Oh, my God! I took a peek and I swear, the avatar in the second post on that page is the Ex-Bo-Hunk-Yee-haw that I dated before coming to my senses and returning to my rock and roll roots!

has to be a joke. No, those Bo-Hunk types can get excited over a bale of hay!

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
And to get back on track here... He owned a car dealership that put American flags on all the car attennas out on his sales lot after 9/11...

bakersfield
09-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I actually was there on 9/11.
It is a really long, emotional story...
but here is a kinda short version...

I traveled to NYC often on business.
I had just stayed with my friend in Hoboken 2 weeks prior, so on this quick trip I did not plan on connecting with him.
But my business associate & I went to Yankee Stadium.
By total chance we ran into my friend and his wife. Game got rained out.
We decided to go to his apt in Hoboken.
We planned to go into the WTC to see his 105th floor view in the morning.
Instead we got plastered at the Irish Pub around the corner.
Great jukebox, great beer, great conversation...
Then went back to the apt., drank more & listened to the Pixies & Nirvana. Finally crashed about 3:30 am.

The next morning I saw the first tower hit out the window.
I thought my friend was probably gone to work.
Instead he was still in bed!
He overslept because of the boozing.

75 of 110 in his firm died that day. All but 3 died that were actually there that morning.
I truly believe I was there by the grace of God to save my friend.

Spent the next several days consoling him (as he lost so many friends & co-workers). The bond I feel with NYC and the people of NYC, I will never lose.

Obviously our friendship has only grown deeper. We are godparents to each others kids, etc.
We also have a special bond with my business associate that happened to be with me.
I cannot believe it has been 7years already. It truly altered my life forever.

On an ironic sidenote. The first pro baseball game either of us ever went to was together in 1974, as 7 year olds at Dodger Stadium. Then here we were, 27 years later at Yankee Stadium for the first time (he only had lived in NY/NJ for 9 months). Not realizing we were both there....

Beer, baseball and music. Those 3 passions of ours truly have a special place in my heart.

Thanks. This was therapuetic.

BROKENDOLL
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
I found that in reading everybody's account of that day to be therapuetic. Thanks...

jazzz
09-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I just wrote this elsewhere. Take the time to read it, or not.

On September 11, 2001, two bush-league radio disc jockeys in a nowhere desert town were joking about a plane hitting one of the towers of the World Trade Center. I don’t remember the exact phrasing, but their conclusion seemed to be that it was a prank, and someone was surely going to lose his pilot’s license in the bargain.

I’d just left Circle K with a cup of coffee and the L.A. Times, and was heading for school. I don’t even know why I was listening to the local radio station. I usually had a CD going, and it seems odd to me that that morning of all mornings I would have had it on. As a result, one of my most enduring memories of 9/11 is of hearing two grown men on the public airwaves laughing about what would become, in no time at all, the most vicious attack in our country’s history. Of course, no one at that point knew what was going on. It was just after 6:00 in the morning in California and, sleep-fogged as I was, I didn’t give any more thought to this particular story than I might have given to a story about someone in a Spider-Man costume scaling a skyscraper to protest child-support laws. It was a freshly-minted school year, my first back in the classroom after a taking year off for graduate school, and I had other things on my mind.

No one was talking about at it at school that morning, either. I didn’t hear any students mention it as they arrived on campus, and I exchanged early-morning pleasantries with the teachers around me without any indication of what was happening on the other side of the country. I had the first class of the day off for my prep period, and it wasn’t until I headed to the administration building that I discovered the extent of what I’d heard the disc jockeys laughing about earlier. As I breezed past the conference room, I saw a clutch of teachers gathered around the television, and I stopped to see what was happening. It was 7:25, and I’d arrived just in time to see the north tower collapse.

I heard a couple of my colleagues gasp, and one of them started to cry. Standing next to me, a Spanish teacher whom I’d never known to speak an intelligent word said something that proved to be eerily prescient: “God, I wish Gore had been elected.” It was, for me, a moment of pure incomprehension. It was almost as though I didn’t know what I was seeing. The building was there – and then it wasn’t, like it was simply sinking into the earth. I’d been raised on movies, and I’d seen lots of buildings collapse. None of them looked like this one, its nearly graceful tumble marking the end of one era and the beginning of another.

It was a long walk back to the classroom. None of us watching that day could have known exactly what would transpire in the days and months to come, how the effects of the planes’ impact and the towers’ collapse would continue to radiate outward like the ripples of a stone thrown into a pond, the country’s grief dopplering each year as the anniversary approaches. Even so, I found myself – usually imperturbable as I am – fighting back tears. I was saddened by the loss of life, of course, but more than that, I had been punched in the gut by the sheer enormity of what had happened. I had lived a relatively sheltered life, and while I was not exactly a stranger to sadness, this went beyond the melancholy and disappointment that was really all I knew of loss. This was different. This was anguish, and it was so much more vast and despairing than anything I had known before.

What was eventually comforting, though, is that it was a communal anguish. For a while that day I tried to keep the students on track, soldiering on in the face of their obvious distraction and confusion, but it became clear that they needed to talk, to process what was going on as much as I did. And so we talked. And the talking continued throughout the day with my students, into the evening with my housemate and parents, and into the days that followed with other friends and family. Yes, we were struggling to make sense of what had happened, but there was also a sense of solidarity, of comfort, as though talking about it was a reminder that, even though the world had changed, we were still okay.

Your Spanish teacher should of realize Gore was elected while the 9/11 was being brewed. That is a Fact.

Stefinitely Maybe
09-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Jesus. All these 'what were you doing seven years ago' things - how about a 'can you remember what most americans used to be like between 1991 and 2001?' thing? How about recalling the 'yeah, maaan, I know that my government is doing shiit around the world, but I just don't care' attitude of that generation? The 'why should we spend money on building Russia up like we did in Europe after 1945, we just beat their asssses, the threat from Russia is over, it is a monopolar world now,we rule the world, the US and nothing else'. The sheer, uncaring attitude of the majority Americans during that decade about what their government was doing, the utter stupidity and disinclination to take a long view, the total disinterest in the rest of the rest of the world and its politics, the squandering of a maybe unique opportunity in modern history. Anyone want to start that thread?

jazzz
09-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Jesus. All these 'what were you doing seven years ago' things - how about a 'can you remember what most americans used to be like between 1991 and 2001?' thing? How about recalling the 'yeah, maaan, I know that my government is doing shiit around the world, but I just don't care' attitude of that generation? The 'why should we spend money on building Russia up like we did in Europe after 1945, we just beat their asssses, the threat from Russia is over, it is a monopolar world now,we rule the world, the US and nothing else'. The sheer, uncaring attitude of the majority Americans during that decade about what their government was doing, the utter stupidity and disinclination to take a long view, the total disinterest in the rest of the rest of the world and its politics, the squandering of a maybe unique opportunity in modern history. Anyone want to start that thread?

no need to start a thread bout' that rubbish... especially since your country gives us a nice tea bag! at the drop of a hat!!! now go do yourself a favor and realize RIDE will alway own Oasis!

Stefinitely Maybe
09-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Errr, no.

And while I'm ranting I might as well say this:

It's absolutely killing me that the presidential race is so close now. Obama is CLEARLY a better leader and someone who would do a lot for America’s future, where McCain is really set in his ways and old fashioned and would just continue to mess things up. I can't see why anyone would vote for McCain, other than the super-rich who would benefit from tax cuts. As a Vietnam War veteran, his views are mainly about settling war (especially Israel and Palestine) and he seems to have an all-fight attitude, which is just going to lead to more debts for America, and massive problems in the future. And his popularity seems to be increasing purely on Sarah Palin's craziness. Obama, on the other hand, is more about climate change and fundraising, sorting out healthcare and education, and leading America into the future.

It’s really sad because, essentially, democracy is not working because the rural poor (of which there are millions and millions in America) are too uneducated and stupid to know which way to vote. Exactly the same thing is happening in Thailand right now, and I’m sure in Korea too, and loads of other countries. To be honest the rural poor have been voting against their own interests and in favour of the very rich who are screwing them, for years. At most they are voting in favour of their own social interests (in the narrowest sense - no married gays and never mind if the town is 25% foreclosed homes). They have not made an informed decision, they've just been fooled into thinking that Dubya or McCain is just like them, cause he grew up in Texas or wherever and likes sports and BBQs and is a people person, whereas Obama's an 'uppity metropolitan'. It’s so sad that the media and a climate of fear can control people that way.

I guess there’s not a lot you can do about it though. How could you possibly educate the millions of rural poor across America (who still have pretty decent living standards) and make them care about international politics and understand finance and economic policy and the basics of government? You couldn’t. That's why most of them can't be bothered to be vote, and those who do just make dumb decisions. Really sad.

TomAz
09-12-2008, 06:35 AM
http://lostontheshore.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/14/wolf.jpg

Young blood
09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Im with the limey.

USA policies around the world are fucked. Not to take away from 9/11, but to use 9/11 as a platform to invade Iraq and still occupy Iraq is unjust.

TommyboyUNM
09-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Not to take away from 9/11, but to use 9/11 as a platform to invade Iraq and still occupy Iraq is unjust.

Indeed.

TomAz
09-12-2008, 07:09 AM
to use 9/11 as a platform to invade Iraq and still occupy Iraq is unjust.

'unjust' is too kind a word. It's cynical political posturing at its worst.

TommyboyUNM
09-12-2008, 07:16 AM
'unjust' is too kind a word. It's cynical political posturing at its worst.

I completely agree. Every time I go to an airport and everyone gets reminded about the "threat level" I just totally resent that. It's our politicians overblowing a threat and showing us that they're trying to do something about it. It's getting people on your side by using fear. What can we REALLY do if the threat level is red as opposed to orange? That stuff is better left in-house, but it's just there to scare people into accepting all of your policies.

algunz
09-12-2008, 07:21 AM
It was the greed of the 80's, the apathy of the 90's. the false patriotism of the 00's that got us right here where we are . . . fucked.

I was watching that show on the History Channel and there was a shot of a guy talking on the phone to his Mom. He was late for work and should have been in the building. He said, "Monday Night Football saved my life."

TomAz
09-12-2008, 07:22 AM
you left out the narcissism of the 70s

TommyboyUNM
09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
you left out the narcissism of the 70s

And maybe the paranoia of the 50s/60s.

algunz
09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Oh yeah those eras fucked us pretty good too, but there was still a glimmer of hope. It all died with John Lennon.

TommyboyUNM
09-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah those eras fucked us pretty good too, but there was still a glimmer of hope. It all died with John Lennon.

I know it doesn't make up for a lot of bullshit going on, but at least a half-black man has a legit shot at being president. And they still sell goldfish crackers! So not EVERYTHING is bad. :)

algunz
09-12-2008, 07:40 AM
It's the Moon Pies and sweet tea that are making this country stupid.

But, you're right. There's potential for hope. Unfortunately, I have a hard time putting my trust in any politician.

TommyboyUNM
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
It's the Moon Pies and sweet tea that are making this country stupid.

But, you're right. There's potential for hope. Unfortunately, I have a hard time putting my trust in any politician.

I think it's the country music videos that are making this country stupid. But I did OD on sweet tea at Bonnaroo and I haven't been as productive since I got back. So maybe you're on to something!

And it is hard to trust any politician. But this is the system we have, so might as well make the best of it and vote for someone who seems at least half-way decent.

locachica73
09-12-2008, 07:54 AM
LOL it is pretty sad when as a country we are now settling for halfway decent, usually that is just on a personal level not nationwide. :)

TommyboyUNM
09-12-2008, 07:58 AM
LOL it is pretty sad when as a country we are now settling for halfway decent, usually that is just on a personal level not nationwide. :)

Haha. I like Obama a lot, but I don't fully trust him just because of the fact that he's a politician. That's probably the sad part.

And LC, maybe voting is kinda like your dating life. Don't settle on the geeky white guy :)

**sorrry, back on topic**

locachica73
09-12-2008, 08:04 AM
:) haha

I don't fully trust anyone so I can't expect any better in my politician. But I do know I dont want some 108 year old guy who wants to play whos dick is bigger with every country he can bully.

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/Poster4-2.jpg

I haven't forgotten and was surprised at what seemed a lack of acknowledgment yesterday.Of course there were the replays scattered on TV, but it just didn't seem enough. Did I take a moment or two to quietly think about this ugly mind boggling event 9 years ago? You're damn straight I did! Were there tears shed? Yep, still to this day. As hard as I'd like to forget, how can I when so many lives were lost and so many rights of ours have been taken since then? Never forget? How can we, when it really isn't over?

stinkbutt
09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
There is something so wrong about all of that, it's fascinating

Courtney
09-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I was glad at the lack of acknowledgment yesterday, because I was in airplanes all day (departing from JFK) and I was afraid that security screenings were going to be particularly heinous. But everything was business as usual.

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2010, 12:19 PM
So, if you were to lose a family member, or close friend, you wouldn't take a moment to think of them 9 years later? I didn't lose anybody on 9/11, but somebody did...and I felt for them yesterday...

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I was glad at the lack of acknowledgment yesterday, because I was in airplanes all day (departing from JFK) and I was afraid that security screenings were going to be particularly heinous. But everything was business as usual.

I would imagine anyone traveling yesterday, and every other day of the year has it cross their mind at some point. I just helped an older couple pack for their trip to Spain for a month, and we packed things according to all the screening rules that are in place...that weren't there before 9/11. It's fucking insane how many rights we've lost along with those lives.... (And somewhere out there, that piece of shit, Obama is probably gloating over it with a smirk on his tissue wrapped head...Fuck that...)

bballarl
09-12-2010, 12:30 PM
/scene

marooko
09-12-2010, 12:38 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21936&highlight=america

greghead
09-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I would imagine anyone traveling yesterday, and every other day of the year has it cross their mind at some point. I just helped an older couple pack for their trip to Spain for a month, and we packed things according to all the screening rules that are in place...that weren't there before 9/11. It's fucking insane how many rights we've lost along with those lives.... (And somewhere out there, that piece of shit, Obama is probably gloating over it with a smirk on his tissue wrapped head...Fuck that...)

Wow. Not surprising.

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
How did you reach that conclusion, BD?

Gribbz
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Don't encourage her.

obzen
09-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Uh, what just happened, did she say what I think she just said?

captncrzy
09-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Do not engage the retards, people.

stinkbutt
09-12-2010, 01:48 PM
From PLUR towers to racist rhetoric

HandBanana
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I used to give BD the benefit of the doubt figuring she was just an easy punching bag for the board for a lot of people but....wow. Damn.

wmgaretjax
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM

I think she meant Osama.

HandBanana
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh wait. Well. Even still.

stinkbutt
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't think she sees a difference

Edit: also look at your keyboard, look how far away the b is from the s

bballarl
09-12-2010, 02:07 PM
http://pauaprincess.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/america-frame-800.jpg

leo01g
09-12-2010, 02:10 PM
What a laugh this gave me! BD that was just ridiculously wrong.

obzen
09-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah, b is a bit far from s.

HandBanana
09-12-2010, 02:19 PM
STFO oszen!

wmgaretjax
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Yeah, I thought of that. I mean... It doesn't really matter... It is an idiotic statement either way.

bmack86
09-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Well we all know Obama orchestrated 9/11, right? Because he's a Muslim and therefore a terrorist?

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Barack Hussein Obama. This sort of evidence can't be overlooked.

Love freedom, suppress opposing views.

Gribbz
09-12-2010, 03:12 PM
That name is so un-American.

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
This reminds of the comments on political articles regarding Obama in most major news outlets. Suffice it to say they don't inspire confidence in the electorate.

TomAz
09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
It's fucking insane how many rights we've lost along with those lives

It was your Republican president, Bush the Junior, that got those laws passed.

I'm just waiting for some frothing hatemonger to blame Obama for the assassination of William McKinley.

marooko
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Is it really that hard to figure out the most likely reason that happened?

bballarl
09-12-2010, 04:24 PM
It was either the Jews or the Muslims.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I thought they worked together on this one? Now I'm confused.

bballarl
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Aren't they all the same? Or is that the Arabs and Muslims?

You're either with us or against us.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Jewrabuslim.

rage patton
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Dey dook er derbs!

Wheres the beef?
09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Were you there?

When they built that tower to heaven?

OOoooOOOOOooOOOOOoooooh Nine Eleven.

psycobetabuckdown
09-12-2010, 06:42 PM
BD is a republican? News to me.

I assume the taking away of rights we're talking about is the Patriot Act? That was pushed by the criminal Bush administration and supported by the majority of Democrats and Republicans in Congress. That's why it's a law. That's not something you blame one party or one person for, that's something you blame them all for. Obama said during his campaign he was against the Patriot Act, and 9 months into his presidency he renewed it without a second thought, and neither the left nor the right media noticed.

M Sparks
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Texas Skateboarder Stops Christian Extremist From Burning The Qur’an (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/12/skateboarder-extremist-burning-quran/)

SoulDischarge
09-12-2010, 07:41 PM

No fucking kidding.

humanoid
09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I never will

weeklymix
09-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Nothing like adding some PLUR to a national tragedy.

Alchemy
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Show me the birth certificate!

algunz
09-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I still cry every year.

psycobetabuckdown
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Texas Skateboarder Stops Christian Extremist From Burning The Qur’an (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/12/skateboarder-extremist-burning-quran/)

hahaha the only reason that was worth clicking on is that kid is a super hippie with amazing glasses.

BROKENDOLL
09-13-2010, 02:07 AM

Yes, I just said what you thought I said. And, no, I don't consider that racist in this case. Anyone that needs to do shit like flying planes into buildings and killing almost 3000 people to feel superior, isn't part of the human race and doesn't deserve any PLUR from me.

I think she meant Osama.
I did, and really, I have no clue what I was thinking when I typed that. Amazing though how these guys are all ready to attack me for my mistake by defending the motherfucker, who's name I misspelled...

BD is a republican? News to me.

I assume the taking away of rights we're talking about is the Patriot Act? That was pushed by the criminal Bush administration and supported by the majority of Democrats and Republicans in Congress. That's why it's a law. That's not something you blame one party or one person for, that's something you blame them all for. Obama said during his campaign he was against the Patriot Act, and 9 months into his presidency he renewed it without a second thought, and neither the left nor the right media noticed.
Republican? News to me also. Now, if you guys want to go all out on the political conversation, knock yourselves out. I merely wanted to acknowledge the lives lost on the day that some asshole wrapped in toilet paper decide it would be fun to shit on us...How's that?

greghead
09-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Wrapped in toilet paper? Do you have any idea how ignorant that is? Head wraps are ubiquitous throughout the history of human culture, appearing in ancient and modern societies in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas. They have absolutely nothing to do with acts of extreme violence. Get a clue.

captncrzy
09-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Really, seriously, stop engaging her. She's a stupid, ignorant bitch. Why it's taken some of you so long to figure it out is beyond me.

BROKENDOLL
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Really, seriously, stop engaging her. She's a stupid, ignorant bitch. Why it's taken some of you so long to figure it out is beyond me.
I'm sure they're all frozen in place, mesmerized by your eloquent ability to come off as some highly educated, polite and well mannered individual...

cunt.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm sure they're all frozen in place, mesmerized by your eloquent ability to come off as some highly educated, polite and well mannered individual...

cunt.

List five rights we've lost since 9/11. Go.

captncrzy
09-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Highly educated. Translation=anyone that was able to pass beyond the 5th grade.

By the way, that stupid stretchy Bride "friendship" bracelet you made to pass on to me? We all laughed at in and then I threw it in the trash.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Donka doo ball.

I.F.A.
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
It was your Republican president, Bush the Junior, that got those laws passed.

I'm just waiting for some frothing hatemonger to blame Obama for the assassination of William McKinley.

I'm pretty sure he shot Alexander Hamilton.

captncrzy
09-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I approve of your font choice

psycobetabuckdown
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Captcrzy sixth grade was a long time ago. He can't hurt you anymore.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Everybody sucks.

amyzzz
09-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Captcrzy sixth grade was a long time ago. He can't hurt you anymore.
lolz.

algunz
09-13-2010, 04:07 PM
By the way, that stupid stretchy Bride "friendship" bracelet you made to pass on to me? We all laughed at in and then I threw it in the trash.

:2cents This just seems unnecessarily "by the junior high school girl's bathroom" cruel. Maybe you did, but did you really need to share the info. Just sayin.

BROKENDOLL
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM

Actually, I was hoping to actually meet you in person and give it to you myself, along with well wishes for a promising future together. No worries though, it probably wouldn't have fit around your wrist anyway. I plan on another one for next year...It's a lot bigger and resembles a muzzle with a ball gag on it. Rick may not let you throw that one out... XO

BROKENDOLL
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
:2cents This just seems unnecessarily "by the junior high school girl's bathroom" cruel. Maybe you did, but did you really need to share the info. Just sayin.
Of course she did. But, no hurt feelings here since I'm not the one who has to marry her ass. Just let her go on with her Lindsay Lohan act...

malcolmjamalawesome
09-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Still waiting on those rights we lost.

algunz
09-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I lost the right to think of 9/11 in any other way.

I know . . . that doesn't really answer your question.

captncrzy
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM

Sorry, but I don't care. She's been horrible to me. She started this shit with me, not the other way around. Her and that weirdo she lives with virtually "followed" me around like loons, calling me every word their tiny brains could think for "fat", and then she tries to extend some sort of olive branch by making me a piece of shit bracelet?

I realize there's some sort of "mean on the internet, nice in person" assumption that people make. You talk a bunch of shit, and then everything's fine in person. I don't follow that philosophy. I don't have an internet personality. Anyone that knows me knows that we're automatically cool until you fuck with me. And she fucked with me. End of story.

Also, to call me out for speaking the truth while she's calling an extremely large and innocent group of people "toilet paper heads" in a thread that is supposed to commemorate those lives lost on 9/11 is kinda bullshit.

I don't read her posts. I never click on "View Post". The only reason I saw anything was because her comments were quoted. And, as usual, I became infuriated.

Let's focus on the real enemy here, people. The truly ignorant.

bballarl
09-13-2010, 06:44 PM
The terrorists are winning in this thread.

weeklymix
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4416/ackbara.jpg

BROKENDOLL
09-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Jesus Christ...Try and make a friendly gesture with a $2.00 gift and what happens? You're accused of being a horrible terrorist...I don't know whether I should wrap my head in Charmin' now or give it to Jen to dab away her tears...I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, no doubt...

frazzles
09-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Fuck, you are stupid.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-14-2010, 04:56 AM
Jesus Christ...Try and make a friendly gesture with a $2.00 gift and what happens? You're accused of being a horrible terrorist...I don't know whether I should wrap my head in Charmin' now or give it to Jen to dab away her tears...I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, no doubt...

It's "Charmin." " Charmin' " is what you and your friends consider Billy Ray Cyrus to be.

SoulDischarge
09-14-2010, 05:37 AM
You've been missed.

BROKENDOLL
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
OBVIOUSLY... But you know what's really fascinating to me now? The fact that while I may have chosen the wrong words to express my sadness and anger over 9/11 and the lives that have been lost, ruined, or changed forever, are there any rights words at this point? Instead of trying to express my feelings in words, I should have just had a moment of silence myself....But, here's the fascinating part...

I used to give BD the benefit of the doubt figuring she was just an easy punching bag for the board for a lot of people but....wow. Damn.

Jesus, if you want to analyze some BS, keep reading...

What a laugh this gave me! BD that was just ridiculously wrong.

Yeah, I thought of that. I mean... It doesn't really matter... It is an idiotic statement either way.

Sorry, but I don't care. She's been horrible to me. She started this shit with me, not the other way around. Her and that weirdo she lives with virtually "followed" me around like loons, calling me every word their tiny brains could think for "fat", and then she tries to extend some sort of olive branch by making me a piece of shit bracelet?

I realize there's some sort of "mean on the internet, nice in person" assumption that people make. You talk a bunch of shit, and then everything's fine in person. I don't follow that philosophy. I don't have an internet personality. Anyone that knows me knows that we're automatically cool until you fuck with me. And she fucked with me. End of story.

Also, to call me out for speaking the truth while she's calling an extremely large and innocent group of people "toilet paper heads" in a thread that is supposed to commemorate those lives lost on 9/11 is kinda bullshit.

I don't read her posts. I never click on "View Post". The only reason I saw anything was because her comments were quoted. And, as usual, I became infuriated.

It's "Charmin." " Charmin' " is what you and your friends consider Billy Ray Cyrus to be.

List five rights we've lost since 9/11. Go.
Knowing you won't let this go until you feel superior, let me make it easy for you MJA...Once again, I chose the wrong word in my post. I didn't see anybody trying to correct me...Maybe I should have just said, " Since 9/11, we've lost our privileges to privacy, our privileges to feel safe in what once was the strongest nation in the world, and the privilege to mourn and remember those that lost more than just a privilege, even if it may not make sense to others, the heartfelt sentiment was there...I just shared it in the wrong fucking place. (You can see that in all of your posts...) UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

J~$$$$
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
IM GLAD THEY ARE DEAD AND I HOPE THE BURN IN HELL! ITLL GET YA DRUNK!

hawkingvsreeve
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
MONKEY FIGHTING SNAKES ON THIS MONDAY TO FRIDAY PLANE!

Bud Luster
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM

Wait, so you're a cunt in real life too?

J~$$$$
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
HOW DOES IT TASTE MOTHERFUCKER!?

hawkingvsreeve
09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
WAS THAT A GODDAMN SHARK BROKE THROUGH THAT DOOR?

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Sprite, good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?

J~$$$$
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
HE HAS! TO ANSWER! THAT PHONE!

koryp
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bumbumbumbumbum

Watching the memorial on TV. Anyone want to share their stories on where they were when this happened? I was living in Las Vegas and I got phones calls from my mother trying to tell me about it. The phone kept ringing and ringing until I finally answered it. "Marco, there is a terror in the world, someone is trying to attack us." I told her (half asleep mind up) no one was stupid enough to try and attack the US and hung up the phone. She called back again and yelled at me to turn on the damn TV. A hour or 2 later I got a call from work telling me to come in because the hotel became busy from what was going on. On my way to work I was listening to Radiohead's Kid A in my car and when National Anthem came on, I was a little freaked out by how it went with what was going on. Any other stories?

du da du da da da, du da du da da da

I was on my way to work and listening to Howard Stern. I got to work and this guy I worked with, Rodney, was really teary because he's from Brooklyn and his mom works at that hospital that's right there near battery park. I remember he was able to get through to her and stuff but she kept saying, "Rodney I need to get down to the hospital right now." We had a TV in our branch and no one showed up for any counseling sessions that day, so we watched TV all day.

I'm not really the crying type, but watching the second tower get hit live and the faces of the reporters was really tough.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I remember waking up and heading to the kitchen to make my coffee as my boyfriend watched the TV report of events. As I sat there in my morning stupor staring at the screen, I couldn't comprehend the whole scenario. I wanted to think it was a preview for a Steven Spielberg movie due to all the effects I was witnessing on the TV screen.I had that day off and shortly after he left for work, the 2nd plane hit. Right there, before my eyes on TV. I remember hearing the horrific sounds and screams, uncut, uneditted, and I was wishing...unreal. By 3pm, I hadn't budged from the recliner, I was still in my robe, and I was still trying to convince myself this wasn't really happening. Then they announced that Disneyland was closed due to being a potential target...along with many places along the California coast. It was probably at that moment that I realized life would never be the same...

I haven't forgotten and was surprised at what seemed a lack of acknowledgment yesterday.Of course there were the replays scattered on TV, but it just didn't seem enough. Did I take a moment or two to quietly think about this ugly mind boggling event 9 years ago? You're damn straight I did! Were there tears shed? Yep, still to this day. As hard as I'd like to forget, how can I when so many lives were lost and so many rights of ours have been taken since then? Never forget? How can we, when it really isn't over?

Yes, I just said what you thought I said. And, no, I don't consider that racist in this case. Anyone that needs to do shit like flying planes into buildings and killing almost 3000 people to feel superior, isn't part of the human race and doesn't deserve any PLUR from me.

I did, and really, I have no clue what I was thinking when I typed that. Amazing though how these guys are all ready to attack me for my mistake by defending the motherfucker, who's name I misspelled...

Republican? News to me also. Now, if you guys want to go all out on the political conversation, knock yourselves out. I merely wanted to acknowledge the lives lost on the day that some asshole wrapped in toilet paper decide it would be fun to shit on us...How's that?

Actually, I was hoping to actually meet you in person and give it to you myself, along with well wishes for a promising future together. No worries though, it probably wouldn't have fit around your wrist anyway. I plan on another one for next year...It's a lot bigger and resembles a muzzle with a ball gag on it. Rick may not let you throw that one out... XO

The terrorists are winning in this thread.

OBVIOUSLY... But you know what's really fascinating to me now? The fact that while I may have chosen the wrong words to express my sadness and anger over 9/11 and the lives that have been lost, ruined, or changed forever, are there any rights words at this point? Instead of trying to express my feelings in words, I should have just had a moment of silence myself....But, here's the fascinating part...

Jesus, if you want to analyze some BS, keep reading...

Knowing you won't let this go until you feel superior, let me make it easy for you MJA...Once again, I chose the wrong word in my post. I didn't see anybody trying to correct me...Maybe I should have just said, " Since 9/11, we've lost our privileges to privacy, our privileges to feel safe in what once was the strongest nation in the world, and the privilege to mourn and remember those that lost more than just a privilege, even if it may not make sense to others, the heartfelt sentiment was there...I just shared it in the wrong fucking place. (You can see that in all of your posts...) UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Still-ill
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM
'Merica

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
So it would appear that Brokendoll has indeed broken the thread.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
and once again:

Literally any thread on here can turn into an interpersonal argument.

I should start a thread about corn on the cob as bait.

koryp
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=1959

amyzzz
09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
That Leo pic makes me lol.
every.
time.

HandBanana
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
and once again:

Good idea!

faxman75
09-14-2010, 03:36 PM
'Merica

ENGLISH ONLY

faxman75
09-14-2010, 03:36 PM
So it would appear that Brokendoll has indeed broken the thread.

Nope, you just did dummy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
hey faxy,

without googling, what is the official language of the USA?

amyzzz
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
your 9/11 thread sucks.

HandBanana
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Kb2nf.jpg

knytt
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Thank you for making my day.

faxman75
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
hey faxy,

without googling, what is the official language of the USA?

CANCER BITCH!

BROKENDOLL
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Even I needed that right now...Thanks.

BROKENDOLL
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM
And,truthfully, if my words or the pic offended anyone, it wasn't my intention...B.D.

Starraven
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
ENGLISH ONLYeEPh_KlTyII

rage patton
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow.

boarderwoozel3
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
MONKEY FIGHTING SNAKES ON THIS MONDAY TO FRIDAY PLANE!

vLaX8UvVUQw

JebusLives
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
re: Tim James video, I like how "and it'll save money" is presented as an afterthought. A nice side perk to being an intolerant jackass.

faxman75
09-14-2010, 08:07 PM
It actually will cost the state money as they will lose some federal funding if they don't include the other languages. He's a fuckin' joke and it's party time for the political jokesters as they are beating the mainstream Republicans tonight. Sick sad world but I love the in fighting.

marooko
09-14-2010, 09:57 PM
It was an inside job.

psycobetabuckdown
09-14-2010, 10:59 PM
They killed Bill Cooper and they'll kill you

DFrank
09-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I didnt know what to say this saturday...happy 9/11? Merry 9/11?

weeklymix
09-14-2010, 11:16 PM
You twat.

koryp
09-14-2010, 11:30 PM
nueve once felices
neuf onze heureux
glückliche neun elf
or BD's Fav
هپی ننه الون

DFrank
09-14-2010, 11:44 PM
nueve once felices
neuf onze heureux
glückliche neun elf
or BD's Fav
هپی ننه الون

Thanks for seeing my point.

koryp
09-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for seeing my point.

I think I like the german best. Glückliche neun elf. Even a lovely sonnet in german sounds scary. Worlds best language. Next year it's all glückliche neun elf for me.

BROKENDOLL
09-15-2010, 12:27 AM
You twat.
Well, I feel better now that someone else got called a name...I would have been okay with twat had someone used it.

nueve once felices
neuf onze heureux
glückliche neun elf
or BD's Fav
هپی ننه الون
Aren't you witty? Go ahead and call me ignorant now because I'd have to agree,,,wtf is with the chicken scratch?

koryp
09-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Well, I feel better now that someone else got called a name...I would have been okay with twat had someone used it.

Aren't you witty? Go ahead and call me ignorant now because I'd have to agree,,,wtf is with the chicken scratch?

because even in farsi Brokendoll is OK with being a Twat
Translation,
:D زیرا حتی در عروسک شکسته فارسی است که خوب بودن مهبل

faxman75
09-15-2010, 06:51 AM
I WANT MY FUCKING RIGHTS RETURNED TO ME!

gaypalmsprings
09-15-2010, 06:59 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9Na7KS82uDQ/SklGkcXaRrI/AAAAAAAACSk/7_mvWAhmwVs/s400/1428929925039389650S600x600Q85.jpg

koryp
09-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Don't we still have the right to fuck? I mean unless whom or how you fuck offends someone else or is written down in some book as immoral or whatever.....
Nevermind.

donkey sex
09-15-2010, 07:17 AM
if the souls of the deceased could read this now...I'm sure they'd be touched

koryp
09-15-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm sure many of them weren't so uptight. At least a couple dozen of the 3k would have found lulz in this thread.

faxman75
09-15-2010, 07:30 AM
ZOMG YOU IGNORANT BIGGOTS YOU CAN'T SAY OSAMA WEARS TOILET PAPER! THAT'S RACIST!

lolz

HandBanana
09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
I wrap myself in toilet paper from time to time.
We play Mummies.

It's rad.

faxman75
09-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Who's we?

marooko
09-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I didnt know what to say this saturday...happy 9/11? Merry 9/11?

Hey, happy death day to you and your Dad/brother/friend/mom. Same thing you say at a funeral.

algunz
09-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Can we please stop posting in this thread?

marooko
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Good idea......

koryp
09-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Can we please stop posting in this thread?

Only because you brought us a flower lulzkiller. ;)

faxman75
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Oh noez! An anti-threader! One of those people who love to come into threads only to insist the thread is not a thread that deserves attention.

To ignore this thread is to ignore all the thoughts and memories people shared about 9/11. *single eagle tear cuz it's gangsta

I also checked my watch and it's ok to make jokes about 9/11. Enough time has passed. Unless this thread is being built too close to ground zero, in which case we have a problem. For those wondering, it's also ok to make fun of terrorists, muslims, christians, jews, atheists, blacks, mexicans, fat people, neck beards and lesbians.

Nazi and cancer jokes are still taboo on this board though and may result in a banning.

algunz
09-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for nothing Faxy. Some of us have baggage and don't need these reminders especially when they have repeatedly proven to be lame and uninteresting.

faxman75
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
If I had baggage or was too emotional to deal with a subject I wouldn't be going into those threads on this super unserious message board of all places. Every thread is a mixed bag of comedy, arguing, sarcasm, incensitivity, sweetness, feelings and thoughts.

Why would this one be any different?

Seriously, are we all supposed to know who or what every individuals sensitivies are and avoid those topics completely?

marooko
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh noez! An anti-threader! One of those people who love to come into threads only to insist the thread is not a thread that deserves attention.

To ignore this thread is to ignore all the thoughts and memories people shared about 9/11. *single eagle tear cuz it's gangsta

I also checked my watch and it's ok to make jokes about 9/11. Enough time has passed. Unless this thread is being built too close to ground zero, in which case we have a problem. For those wondering, it's also ok to make fun of terrorists, muslims, christians, jews, atheists, blacks, mexicans, fat people, neck beards and lesbians.

Nazi and cancer jokes are still taboo on this board though and may result in a banning.

What if you hope Nazis get cancer? I'm not hoping so, I'm just inquiring.

faxman75
09-15-2010, 09:17 AM
What if you hope Nazis get cancer? I'm not hoping so, I'm just inquiring.

I for one hope Nazis get cancer. In fact I pray to Stephen Hawking on the daily that they do.

koryp
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey faxey come on over to the spill baby spill thread. I say it's ok to rag on that one cause I live on the gulf coast. Algunz you can come too. 9/11 comes every year, the oil spill is old news. We may not see it again for a while.

algunz
09-15-2010, 09:23 AM
It's just that the numbers keep coming up. I wouldn't normally complain, but the stuff in these past few pages has just gotten absurd.

wmgaretjax
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
It's just that the numbers keep coming up.

Jesus christ, some of you are hilarious.

algunz
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Why is that hilarious?

Amusing maybe, but hilarious?

I'll stop posting.

faxman75
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM
This thread had absurd postings on page 1. Just sayin'.

If a thread bothered or disturbed me I wouldn't be opening it up over and over to read and post in it and expecting everyone else to conform to my emotions and fears. Seems like common sense. Ignore the thread.

PotVsKtl
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Quick, post a picture of yourself algunz.

PotVsKtl
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Being punched by a runaway plane.

obzen
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I wrap myself in toilet paper from time to time.
We play Mummies.

It's rad.

I laughed.

captncrzy
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM

yesh

psycobetabuckdown
09-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I think I like the german best. Glückliche neun elf. Even a lovely sonnet in german sounds scary. Worlds best language. Next year it's all glückliche neun elf for me.

VPST2nE0KIo

So watch this video here first, then go to the video to find out why it's funny...don't want to ruin it if you've never heard this before.

koryp
09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Keine eier?

psycobetabuckdown
09-15-2010, 12:40 PM
UND KEINE EIER!

malcolmjamalawesome
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't get what the fuck gunz is talking about.

koryp
09-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't get what the fuck gunz is talking about.

Boardreader numbers?

faxman75
09-15-2010, 02:25 PM
The absurdity of the last few pages coupled with the numbers 9/11 have created an uncontrollable magnetic force that would cause Gunz to open this thread and be forced to get emotional because of the baggage that comes with the numbers and date in question. Then after being forced to open the thread she was then forced to read what she saw and respond multiple times.

It's somewhat cosmic or similar to an episode of Lost.

psycobetabuckdown
09-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Btw, 9/11 won't be funny until 2023 I thought. Still a ways to go. And even then there will be a small window because the documents proving inside job will be declassified in 2026.

koryp
09-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Btw, 9/11 won't be funny until 2023 I thought. Still a ways to go. And even then there will be a small window because the documents proving inside job will be declassified in 2026.

It really is about numbers,
3000, funny, but kind of uncomfortable for most
1,000,000 Funny, but YMMV
6,000,000 Fucking funny every damn time.

PotVsKtl
09-15-2010, 03:07 PM
More people have died blowing my cat in the last 4 months than in the towers. Let's all take a deep breath and let it go.

weeklymix
09-15-2010, 03:35 PM
So at least one person died blowing your cat. Pics.

PotVsKtl
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
You'll note that the time restraint embedded in my previous sentence modifies Group Blew My Cat And Died and not Group Fell Down With A Building.

faxman75
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
People jumped from buildings to their death you assholes!

PotVsKtl
09-15-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.ssqq.com/stories/images/saying%20look%20before%20you%20leap.jpg