PDA

View Full Version : Everyone out there:

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
this thread will be devoted to people trying to get in shape by the time Coachella comes around.

I know I will get blasted on this thread but if anyone is willing to just put yourself in and if someone has a question about something anyone who joins can answer it and support them as the months go by

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Don't eat fa(s)tfood
----------------------------------

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah thats pretty obvious

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Exercise
----------------------------------

sbessiso
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
soooo much easier said than done. I was thinking of starting a thread like this, I would very much like to be trim and slim and fit for 'Chella 09 but i'm just such a lazy bastard

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Get a Beck cardboard cut-out and put it infront of a treadmill, you'll go for miles...

menikmati
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I wish I had a jogging buddy.

sbessiso
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Get a Beck cardboard cut-out and put it infront of a treadmill, you'll go for miles...

you're on a roll tonight!

JebusLives
09-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Man I have to say, every year I work out with Coachella in mind. You californians are so beautiful, it give me motivation for at least 3 months in advance.

rskapcat
09-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Hmm...I have been feeling pretty gutular lately. (Shut up...it's totally a word!) My normal exercise routine has been interrupted by an annoying achilles tendon issue. Stupid uncooperative body.

I will make it my goal to be bare-midriff-worthy by Coachella '09, but I think I will have to set some interim goals as well. That's a looooong way off!

woogie846
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Drink a lot of water.

samiksha
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
the only time i can successfully diet is when i'm too poor to buy much food

boarderwoozel3
09-10-2008, 07:01 PM
If you just eat right and exercise you'll be surprised out quickly you can see results. All other gimmicks are just that.

locachica73
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Eat small meals 6 times a day to boost the metabolism, drink alot of water to avoid feeling hunger and move, whatever movement you can do to increase your heart rate (sex is great excercise I hear). I know the answers I just never follow them.

nocigarettes
09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
seriously. i need to drop like 15 by april....maybe 20....

woogie846
09-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I feel guilty looking at this thread and eating Ben & Jerry's Phish Food at the same time.

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Or a Prince cutout

menikmati
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I wish I had an olympic size pool and track in my back yard. I would be so set. That's my goal.

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
My goal is to aim for a six pack by then. yeah it seems kind of unrealistic but I'm going for it.

anyone have any healthy breakfast ideas or dinner ideas?
would be greatly appreciated

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
one more thing:
does playing drums (very fast. Toxic Narcotic fast) in a sweltering hot garage burn fat and calories?

emtgreg
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM
i did this crazy liquid diet, juice and soup for a month before this last coachella, lost like 15lbs, i would not reccomend it, now i run daily, i am down 40lbs from march of this year...

my plan is to be <200 for coachella 09...

then again, I will be living in LA by December, and yeah...

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
how long do you run for?

fiyahhh!
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Start with small changes, one at a time and don't start another change until the previous has become habit. Changing too many habits at once is overwhelming and will end in frustration. Health is not something you have to worry about for six months until Coachella. These are life-changing decisions and you have to be comfortable with your choices knowing full well you will hopefully continue on your path to better health for the rest of your life. The first thing I did was switch from regular soda to diet. I hated the taste, so I would splash a little regular soda in and it seriously cut the bad flavor. Eventually I didn't need the splash of regular soda at all. Now I'm working on eating many small meals throughout the day. If your body does not get food regularly, it immediately starts to store energy in the form of fat. By eating small portions of healthy food throughout the day, you're assuring your body it doesn't need to store energy (fat). I go to the gym about 3 times a week and I've lost 15 lbs in the last year.

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I always hear that eat small meals a day thing. My problem with that is I fear I'm going to overindulge or eat something bad

fiyahhh!
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
My goal is to aim for a six pack by then. yeah it seems kind of unrealistic but I'm going for it.

anyone have any healthy breakfast ideas or dinner ideas?
would be greatly appreciated

Kashi GoLean cereal. It has lots of protein and fiber. High fiber foods keep you feelin' full.

stuporfly
09-10-2008, 07:58 PM
This will be way more information than anyone could reasonably want to know, but fuck it.

Coachella 08 was in the midst of a big turning point in my life, one that continues to this day.

When my then-girlfriend and I found out she was pregnant back in mid-2001, we decided to do what we thought was the right thing. We borrowed our roomie's car and drove from San Francisco to Reno to get married. We were probably never right for each other, but it felt like what we were supposed to do, and we really made it work for a while.

A few years ago, it stopped working. We stuck it out for our daughter, the most amazing kid in the fucking world, actually. But we both knew it was over, even though we let inertia carry us along for a while.

It kind of came to a head in January of this year, and while it didn't feel like it at the time, it turned out to be what saved my life.

I'd gained all sorts of weight - like a real fuckload - over the years. And when I was forced by the finality of my marriage to take a good look at myself, I was disgusted. I'm not going to say how much I weighed, or how much I've lost, except that both are substantial numbers for a guy who stands 6'3" and never used to be fat.

I set about right then and there to change things. I wanted to look at least reasonably attractive to women. I wanted to feel better. And I want to be around to watch my daughter grow up.

I took it in steps - First was changing my diet. That was actually easier than I thought it might be, especially as my sister is a dietitian.

Exercise was the key, and once I added that everything fell into place. I felt better, looked better and wasn't ever tempted to fuck it all up.

Coachella was the first time I really felt my efforts were paying off. I spoke to a few beautiful women there, regained my confidence a bit and carried on doing what I'd been doing.

Coachella wasn't the motivation, but it was stimulation. And now I've got 09 to look forward to, and I may actually be at my target by then. And I've got some amazing t-shirts I haven't been able to wear in a very long time. And maybe you'll see them at Coachella.

In addition to my regular fitness regimen, I've begun distance running. I'd like to run a marathon before I hit 40 in a few years - Not sure I'll get there, but it's been fun pushing myself.

I like the idea of a thread like this. I see there's some really good advice already. I'm down for support if anyone needs it.

I apologize for unloading. It was very unbecoming.

psychic friend
09-10-2008, 08:23 PM
i walk fast almost 3 miles each morning 5-6 days a week though i have been slacking off the last week. but its been about 3 months. i still hate and resent doing it. I see no results. frustration is a good descriptive word.

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 08:23 PM
http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/NCLB-ActII/upload/2007/08/_in_my_11_years/simmonsactII.jpg

fatbastard
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
This is a good idea in general. I have a scale next to my desk at work.

I worked hard for Coachella and was proud to look somewhat svelte.

My eating patterns are all over the board.

psychic friend
09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I worked hard for Coachella and was proud to look somewhat svelte.

GOOD JOB!!

Memorial_07
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
This will be way more information than anyone could reasonably want to know, but fuck it.

Coachella 08 was in the midst of a big turning point in my life, one that continues to this day.

When my then-girlfriend and I found out she was pregnant back in mid-2001, we decided to do what we thought was the right thing. We borrowed our roomie's car and drove from San Francisco to Reno to get married. We were probably never right for each other, but it felt like what we were supposed to do, and we really made it work for a while.

A few years ago, it stopped working. We stuck it out for our daughter, the most amazing kid in the fucking world, actually. But we both knew it was over, even though we let inertia carry us along for a while.

It kind of came to a head in January of this year, and while it didn't feel like it at the time, it turned out to be what saved my life.

I'd gained all sorts of weight - like a real fuckload - over the years. And when I was forced by the finality of my marriage to take a good look at myself, I was disgusted. I'm not going to say how much I weighed, or how much I've lost, except that both are substantial numbers for a guy who stands 6'3" and never used to be fat.

I set about right then and there to change things. I wanted to look at least reasonably attractive to women. I wanted to feel better. And I want to be around to watch my daughter grow up.

I took it in steps - First was changing my diet. That was actually easier than I thought it might be, especially as my sister is a dietitian.

Exercise was the key, and once I added that everything fell into place. I felt better, looked better and wasn't ever tempted to fuck it all up.

Coachella was the first time I really felt my efforts were paying off. I spoke to a few beautiful women there, regained my confidence a bit and carried on doing what I'd been doing.

Coachella wasn't the motivation, but it was stimulation. And now I've got 09 to look forward to, and I may actually be at my target by then. And I've got some amazing t-shirts I haven't been able to wear in a very long time. And maybe you'll see them at Coachella.

In addition to my regular fitness regimen, I've begun distance running. I'd like to run a marathon before I hit 40 in a few years - Not sure I'll get there, but it's been fun pushing myself.

I like the idea of a thread like this. I see there's some really good advice already. I'm down for support if anyone needs it.

I apologize for unloading. It was very unbecoming.

damn dude.
you actually inspired me a bit.

what was your daily exercise regimen?

Mr. Dylanja
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I posted a picture of it, all you need is a disco ball and a head band...

gmoneyak
09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I just tell people to don't eat fried foods, skip desserts and soda, and get a good sweat going at least 3 times a week, (I double this up by wearing a beanie when I run during the summer months). Do some simple stretching exercises in the mornings, pop some multi-vitamins, and eat many small meals throughout the day.

zenidogx
09-10-2008, 11:14 PM
i jogged a mile every other day in the months leading up to coachella 08.
for 06 and 07 i was able to last because i was still in good shape (for a fat guy) from wrestling.

caco0283
09-10-2008, 11:50 PM
i jogged a mile every other day in the months leading up to coachella 08.
for 06 and 07 i was able to last because i was still in good shape (for a fat guy) from wrestling.

man i was going to be really mean but erased it all....i should of drank more

stuporfly
09-11-2008, 03:40 AM
damn dude.
you actually inspired me a bit.

what was your daily exercise regimen?

First off, I noticed you mentioned drumming - I do that, though not nearly as frequently as I'd like. But I get together a few times a month with some friends in windowless, airless practice spaces in NYC and Boston, and if I imagine myself a bit of a Keith Moon, it's a good workout. We've played a few shows here and there, something I hadn't done in years.

I started off by walking - I found a path I liked that runs through my area that's a little over four miles. That was in the winter, and I noticed a change in my energy level almost immediately.

That suited me for a while, but it gets unbearably humid in New York in the summertime, and I found myself slacking off a bit. If I couldn't drag my ass out of bed early enough in the morning when it was cool out, I'd skip it. And that lasted maybe two weeks, and I started feeling shitty again. So I joined a gym.

A few new gyms opened up in my area, so they're all trying to outdo each other with deals. And when the gym I like lowered their monthly rates to $25, I signed up. That was three months ago, maybe two weeks after I began slowing up on the nature shit.

I met with a trainer a few times - nice woman named Milly - who thoroughly kicked my ass, and I realized it was good I'd come to the gym. Because the walking was good - I actually jog now, more than six miles a day on the treadmill - but there was a lot I was missing out on with just doing cardio.

Every other day, I hit a circuit of machines. The weight isn't too much, because I just want to tone up and lose weight, and do not want to become a muscly weightlifter with a thick neck.

The circuit works muscles I didn't even know I had, and I was sore as fuck at first. But I pushed through that and have really noticed a difference.

I'm at the gym at least six says a week - I do six miles on the treadmill each day. I do the circuit every other day, and I take a spin class once a week.

I know that sounds like a huge commitment, and maybe it is. The key for me mentally was to consider that a part of my daily routine. I've got an iPod, and most of the cardio equipment there has individual televisions if I get truly bored.

I used to be a skinny kid back in high school, but I've fluctuated with my weight since probably midway through my college years. I think I've finally found a routine and a mental state of mind where I can make this count for good. It's really all about finding something that works for you, not being afraid to ask for help from people who know about that sort of shit, and convincing yourself that even if you don't see instant results, it's a process that'll get you where you want to be.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 04:37 AM
I started running on the treadmill yesterday.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Why? you're married now, go for that extra scoop of ice cream! you don't have to impress anyone anymore!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Why? you're married now, go for that extra scoop of ice cream! you don't have to impress anyone anymore!

yeah but I prefer to be healthy. That and it gets me in shape to all the standing and walking for 4 days.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 05:49 AM
so very true, I've been putting off the whole diet/exercise thing for far too many years. It's really hard to not be lazy

Quadromarshia
09-11-2008, 06:17 AM
I've typically been heavy my whole life. Freshman year of HS was my heavyist; I stood 5'4'' and weighed in at 210 lbs. Not healthy at all.
But when I was getting ready for boot camp, I got (somewhat) fit. I started running 3 times a week, quit smoking, did push ups and sit ups every night and every morning when I woke up, and ate less. In roughly 4 months, I had dropped down to 150 lbs. But then I decided (for various reasons) not to join the Navy. That was a year ago. Now, due to my sedentary lifestyle (working in an office and not exercising), I gained back much of the weight. And I feel awful.

But! My goal is to get fit for Coachella. So far I've cut out anything with huge amounts of fat, or high-fructose corn syrup. I've switched to soy milk with my coffee; unrefined sugar in coffee, honey in tea. No more junk food/fast food/dessert (even french onion sun chips, that was hard!). Fruits and vegtables for snacks. Cut my calorie intake to about 1400/day. And so far this month I've lost about five pounds.

Now with my diet under control, it's time to exercise. I remember it being easy to run, do other exercises, but since I've stopped it's really hard to get back into it. But I figure that if I could get in shape for the Navy, then I can certainly do it for Coachella! (oh, and my health too, I guess).

roberto73
09-11-2008, 06:22 AM
I've dropped 20 pounds since the end of May – pretty much just by running. I haven't actually altered my diet significantly, except to make sure I don't snack. I'm up to eight miles a day, and I guess I'm unofficially in training for the Santa Barbara Half-Marathon on Nov. 1. I'm within 10 pounds of my target weight, so I'll just keep plugging away.

Jon Blazed
09-11-2008, 07:25 AM
I want before and after pics. Everyone get in your bathing suit and snap a picture and then post it in this thread. Then the week before Coachella do the same thing. Should be interesting.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 07:26 AM
What a good idea!^^^

SoulDischarge
09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Tell it to Jenny Craig, fatties.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't even like posting pics of myself with my clothes on, chances of a bathing suit pic are not very high.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't even like posting pics of myself with my clothes on, chances of a bathing suit pic are not very high.

(psst...we can try to get the boys to post pics of themselves in bathing suits)

locachica73
09-11-2008, 09:40 AM
(psst...we can try to get the boys to post pics of themselves in bathing suits)

just no speedos. That is not a good look on any guy, no matter how hot the body. and if they are cruising this thread I don't know that I want to see them in their bathing suits anyway lol. I prefer shots of men in their boxers anyway. ;)

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I need to get rid of my belly and replace it with a 4-pack. All-over tone would be good too.

allyjoy
09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
This is probably going to be very long, but bear with me because it's worth it:

1. Figure out what makes you awesome. Seriously. The reason I say this is that we often times put way too much on our physical appearance that we start using it as a standard measurement of our self worth. The thought process becomes "I gained 5 pounds, I'm a terrible person." or "I'm a size 14, no one will like me." Providing yourself with a list of all the reasons that you should appreciate yourself and why others will also appreciate you needs to be things independent of your waistline. Trust me, this helps throughout the process of you setting what I like to call vanity goals.

Your motivation for losing weight or having a sixpack or whatever has to be something deeper than "society tells me I need to be this size." I was skinny for a while & I was excited that I was skinny, but I wasn't happy. I was fat for a while & I wasn't happy. Controlling my weight or losing control of it did not fix me. I figured out myself and then my body followed.

2. Diet! By "diet" I mean paying attention to what you put into your body and taking responsibility for it. Everyone's body will not process that stupid chart of 5 grains, 3-4 fruits/veggies, etc. the same way. Pay attention to how you feel after a meal. Do you feel energized, do you come down with the "itis," do you hate yourself? If you have difficulty with portions, or you think you over eat, start keeping a journal around to write out each day what you've had. I am terrible at this. Every time I try to keep a food journal, it doesn't work and it may not be the choice for you either, but the point is to make it a point to know what you're putting into your body.

The other thing about this is to eat what you like to eat. It sounds counter intuitive because this is what got us to where we are now. If you like french fries (I can't get enough of deep fried potatos) bake them instead of frying them. If you love beef, cook up a leaner piece of meat and watch the portion. If you're one of those people who eats rice every day, use brown rice instead of white. If you have a sweet tooth, start buying in season fruits (you will be surprised at how a plum or strawberries will fix a craving for sugar). If there are certain recipes that are family faves, start looking for substitutions of certain ingredients that will make it healthier. The internet has a plethora of information out there, not to mention various websites that will help you plan meals.

There is this book called eat right for your type which I recommend not buying (get it from the library). It's based on blood type and why different blood types and ethnic backgrounds process food differently based on evolution. The diets they provide are beyond ridiculous, but it can give you an idea of what foods are best for you. I'm type O, so my diet requires a high amount of protein and limited carb intake. My stepbrothers eat whatever they want and they are solid young men- lean muscle, not an ounce of fat & I hate them for it. My little sister is only 3 and she's going to be a thickums. Genetics are a bitch, learn to work with them (especially those prone to diabetes, strokes & hypertension)

Eat out less. It's an obvious statement, but it needs to be said. When I got out of college and joined the working world I gained weight very quickly because I was sitting in an office all day and I had the money to buy food at whatever place was around and I was too lazy to make a lunch or cook dinner. The last couple of months, I brown bag it to work and I cook most nights of the week. First, I have more money to go see shows & second, I consume way less calories in a day. If you have a busy schedule, buy some lean cuisines or join Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem (meals maxing out around 350 calories) so that healthier meals aren't a burden. If you have kids, cook. Period. The diet we have in our adult years is a direct reflection of what our parents (or grandparents) instilled in us as children.

Lastly, don't be a Nazi about your diet! Seriously, the reasons most people fail at changing their eating habits is because they become overly restrictive. You can't change something that took years to reach overnight. Everything is gradual and you can't expect some sort of magical transition (if you're choosing a healthy way to lose weight). If you've been eating a ton of vegetables and you're excercising and you all of a sudden have a craving for a double fudge brownie-- have it. Any diet that seems like you're depriving yourself is going to make it that much more difficult for you to stick with it.

3. Exercise. 3-5 times per week at least twenty minutes. The way to make this easy is to do things you like. It falls along the same thread as revamping the foods you like to make them healthier. Do you like sitting at home watching TV? During commercials do situps or use you couch to do dips, or start jogging in place until your show comes back on. If you like dancing, join a salsa class, or take up bellydancing (make sure it's with people on the same level as you or you will get frustrated and quit unless you're super competitive) or put on music and dance around your home (my personal fave). If you're a social butterfly, start a walking/jogging group so you can chat it up as you burn through your calories. You want to make sure that it's something you look forward to doing because, again, if it feels like a burden it's not going to work.

AND I can't stress this enough: do weight training and toning. Everyone, buy some 3lb & 5lb dumbells and get on it! When you lose weight, skin slacks and... well... it's not attractive. More importantly, you'll feel better. Don't go all Bowflex crazy with the weights though (especially you men). All you need is tone unless you're plan on becoming Mr. Universe.

4. Weigh and measure yourself. Give yourself a time frame, something arbitrary like once a week to give you an idea of your progress. If you've been running for a month and you've only lost five pounds but your waist is two inches smaller, then you've made excellent progress. Scales will lie, measuring tape never does, but you need both. (It's also helpful to find out your body mass index, but don't treat it like the bible. I was "obese" 5lbs ago & I'm 10lbs from being a "healthy weight" according to them.

5. Use your resources, #1 being the internet! Do you know how many people are out there in the same place you are. There are countless message boards & websites that can provide a place to monitor your progress, give you advice, find places near you that specialize in whatever you're into. You can talk to other people and see what worked and didn't work for them and find a million different ways to keep you motivated.

6. Finally: Don't be afraid to try new things & reinvent how you see yourself. You might be surprised at the person you become and that your goals will change.

Here's to all of us looking the best we ever have @ Coach '09

P.S. PF, if you're not seeing any results from your runs, you might want to switch up the routine a bit. Our bodies are sneaky little bastards that adapt. You have to keep it on its toes so you don't plateau. You can try extending your run or changing pace in the middle of it... like regular speed for a mile, sprint for a quarter mile and back down to your regular pace for the rest of the run and gradually increase your sprints as each run becomes easier.

menikmati
09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I think I need a tan over anything else...I have the worst farmers tan ever, and my legs are pretty white too.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
1. Figure out what makes you awesome. Seriously. The reason I say this is that we often times put way too much on our physical appearance that we start using it as a standard measurement of our self worth. The thought process becomes "I gained 5 pounds, I'm a terrible person." or "I'm a size 14, no one will like me." Providing yourself with a list of all the reasons that you should appreciate yourself and why others will also appreciate you needs to be things independent of your waistline. Trust me, this helps throughout the process of you setting what I like to call vanity goals.

I love this advice. I hate that my friends who are thinner size 7's or lower do not feel worthy unless they can get into a smaller size jeans. They sit there and talk about how fat they are to me, I just shake my head. They are always trying to diet to fit into those smaller jeans and then whenever they cheat on that diet they beat themselves up. It is ridiculous. I have always been a big girl. I carry my weight in my ass and thighs though and have a small upper body/waist. I am happy with who I am, I am a good person, with good values, I have much to offer the people in my life. I will never let the fact that I am not a size 5 bother me. I will never be a size 5. Even if I had a ton of money I would not go in and have it nipped, tucked or sucked. Yes I would love to lose a few pounds but I will do it healthy, not go on the no carbs diet or whatever the latest craze is. That shit is stupid and I would never deprive myself of food or anything else I want(more so then I already do because of stress or time issues). People need to learn to be happy with the person they wake up with everyday and see in the mirror.

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow, nice post Ally. I will look into that book; sounds cool. I bring my lunch to work most days, and that meal is usually my most nutritious meal of the day. I am trying to get Jacob to eat better, and I am trying to eat better myself, although I eat far too much candy and fats--I have a sweet tooth! Fruits help, but not always.

locachica73
09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
We have the healthy lifestyle committee here at work and they had a meeting the other day, the biggest points I picked up from that meeting were not to eat "diet" food that much because to replace the flavor of the fat they use sugars or other things that are bad for you. They also recommended eating more fiber in your diet because it helps you stay full longer and it helps kick in your metabolism or some shit. They also recommended doing a detox once every three months. You can buy them in the health food stores, it helps clean out your system of all the bad things we put into it. There are different levels of detoxification you can do, some you have to fast and take meds which would be difficult, they don't recommend those for first timers. But they did say that most people lose 10-20 lbs the first time they detoxify. Sounds like a nasty process though, the toxins come out through your sweat glands as well as the normal places, it sounds icky.

humanoid
09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
biggest thing in my mind is to make sure and set realistic goals for yourself. set small goals, accomplish them, and then move on to more difficult ones. The sense of accomplishment builds confidence and motivates you keep working and building on what you've already earned yourself. Too many people experience only failure when attempting diets or exercise regimens and who wants to keep doing something you're constantly failing at?? no one wants to do something repetitively that they only associate with failure, that's why it is very important to structure it in a way that you associate with success... psychologically it is very important to even win small battles and experience changes in your physique, weight or energy levels. Once you see even the smallest improvement, you begin to see that change is possible, and become aware that even more can occur with a little more hard work. Its all very worth it, it's amazing how much better you can feel once you learn to eat better and become active

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
First off, I noticed you mentioned drumming - I do that, though not nearly as frequently as I'd like. But I get together a few times a month with some friends in windowless, airless practice spaces in NYC and Boston, and if I imagine myself a bit of a Keith Moon, it's a good workout. We've played a few shows here and there, something I hadn't done in years.

I started off by walking - I found a path I liked that runs through my area that's a little over four miles. That was in the winter, and I noticed a change in my energy level almost immediately.

That suited me for a while, but it gets unbearably humid in New York in the summertime, and I found myself slacking off a bit. If I couldn't drag my ass out of bed early enough in the morning when it was cool out, I'd skip it. And that lasted maybe two weeks, and I started feeling shitty again. So I joined a gym.

A few new gyms opened up in my area, so they're all trying to outdo each other with deals. And when the gym I like lowered their monthly rates to $25, I signed up. That was three months ago, maybe two weeks after I began slowing up on the nature shit.

I met with a trainer a few times - nice woman named Milly - who thoroughly kicked my ass, and I realized it was good I'd come to the gym. Because the walking was good - I actually jog now, more than six miles a day on the treadmill - but there was a lot I was missing out on with just doing cardio.

Every other day, I hit a circuit of machines. The weight isn't too much, because I just want to tone up and lose weight, and do not want to become a muscly weightlifter with a thick neck.

The circuit works muscles I didn't even know I had, and I was sore as fuck at first. But I pushed through that and have really noticed a difference.

I'm at the gym at least six says a week - I do six miles on the treadmill each day. I do the circuit every other day, and I take a spin class once a week.

I know that sounds like a huge commitment, and maybe it is. The key for me mentally was to consider that a part of my daily routine. I've got an iPod, and most of the cardio equipment there has individual televisions if I get truly bored.

I used to be a skinny kid back in high school, but I've fluctuated with my weight since probably midway through my college years. I think I've finally found a routine and a mental state of mind where I can make this count for good. It's really all about finding something that works for you, not being afraid to ask for help from people who know about that sort of shit, and convincing yourself that even if you don't see instant results, it's a process that'll get you where you want to be.

Relating to the last paragraph:
if I need any advice, do you think you can help me out?
starting here:

what is your motivation and how do you stick it out?

amyzzz
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Holy crap, talk about high maintenance. That really scares me. I could never be that into fitness. I'm going to try to go up and down the stairs again and work from there. I lost enthusiasm after APW.

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM

Make it fun and something you enjoy and it will be much easier to stay motivated.

Just know the results will come if you stay consistent. If you feel it's not working and are about to give up, stick with it, push yourself harder. This is when the results will come. After awhile you'll will start to crave the exercise because of how good you feel afterwards.

And remember...

"PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY"

Also, Ally, will you marry me?:pulse

stuporfly
09-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Relating to the last paragraph:
if I need any advice, do you think you can help me out?
starting here:

I'm more than happy to offer advice or just tak shit out if you like - You can drop messages in here, or PM me if that's your preference.

Today was a pretty good day - I did lower body and cardio in the morning, and I'm just now back from a spin class.

I had like a perfect storm of motivation in January - Pictures from a party, the end of my marriage...A whole bunch of shit. And by the time that might have passed me by, I was already well underway. I feel weird now when I don't get to the gym in some form or other.

There's a whole lot more to it than that.

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Pictures from a party

Let's see them!

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I wanted some ice cream soo badly tonight, but this thread stopped me. so success, I suppose!

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 06:10 PM
One day at time buddy! Or better yet, one suppressed craving at a time!

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Now I am totally glad I started this thread.
So many questions I needed answered and it seems like it's helping people!

Awesome

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
i'm hallucinating ice cream right now

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
come on sbessio!
you can get past it!
fight it!

if instead of ice cream, nonfat frozen yogurt.

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I just vomited a little when I read that. Right now I'm just drinking water and plan on passing out soon

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Why'd you vomit?
because I mentioned frozen yogurt?

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM
blah! frozen yogurt is good but not when you're craving ICE CREAM

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
That may be, but it is a great alternative when trying to diet

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I guess. Id rather start working out than dieting. coachella 09 has got to be my motivation, everything else just makes me want ice cream

cansei de ser sexme
09-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Or a Prince cutout

fuck both those ideas, get a ScarJo cut-out!

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
there's no way Im hitting a treadmill for ScarJo

stuporfly
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Let's see them!

Not on your nelly, pal.

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I guess. Id rather start working out than dieting. coachella 09 has got to be my motivation, everything else just makes me want ice cream

here's one more tip:

80 percent is diet, 20 percent is exercise

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
fuck both those ideas, get a ScarJo cut-out!

it'd go to waste.
it'd get jerked onto within the first hour of getting it

cansei de ser sexme
09-11-2008, 07:10 PM
there's no way Im hitting a treadmill for ScarJo

I am just saying for those of us that enjoy looking at attractive women it might be a good idea.

anyways, after last summer i was out of shape and had to run under a 6:15 mile for basketball when school started. the last month before school i ran 2-3 miles every other day and timed myself on Fridays. the first day i was at like 7:30 and i am proud to say for a 6'5" 205lb guy i made it in 6:09 the first day of school. i then stopped running and most likely couldnt get under 7:00 now ahah. But still point is keep trying and you will own face.

humanoid
09-11-2008, 07:12 PM

if you start working out a fairly good amount, you won't have to totally cut out ice cream, definitely reduce it though if you want good results

another huge factor is people thinking they are going to "quit" or "cut out" things they love....that doesn't work that well..

you should focus on cutting down the frequency of things like ice cream and fast food. If you eat fast food, 4 times a week, reduce it to only allowing yourself to have it twice a week...then go from there..

also, pay attention to serving sizes...many people don't realize that the nutritional information for ice cream is calculated for a serving size of only about a half cup....then most of the time, people actually eat 4 or 5 times that amount....cut it down so that you're actually aware of the fat calories and sugar you are realistically consuming

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 07:14 PM
these are great tips, but we need to stop talking about ice cream at the moment. the craving is intense!

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 07:21 PM
if you start working out a fairly good amount, you won't have to totally cut out ice cream, definitely reduce it though if you want good results

another huge factor is people thinking they are going to "quit" or "cut out" things they love....that doesn't work that well..

you should focus on cutting down the frequency of things like ice cream and fast food. If you eat fast food, 4 times a week, reduce it to only allowing yourself to have it twice a week...then go from there..

also, pay attention to serving sizes...many people don't realize that the nutritional information for ice cream is calculated for a serving size of only about a half cup....then most of the time, people actually eat 4 or 5 times that amount....cut it down so that you're actually aware of the fat calories and sugar you are realistically consuming

Exactly right.
the same tips I followed this summer and lost 40 pounds.
Also, no soda or alcohol.

if you get jucie, dilute it with water

cansei de ser sexme
09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
whats your favorite type of ice cream? i personally like cookies and cream but thats just me.

trust me, we are just helping you build a resistance ahah

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
reverse psychology it seems like

good idea

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 07:33 PM
cookies and cream rock my world. that snickers ice cream bar is orgasmic as well

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards from Dairy Queen are heavenly!

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
gaaa, I've had that once, the brownie something is intense

rage patton
09-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I need to gain some weight before Coachella next year.

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 07:42 PM
something new brought to this thread rage.

psychic friend
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM
P.S. PF, if you're not seeing any results from your runs, you might want to switch up the routine a bit. Our bodies are sneaky little bastards that adapt. You have to keep it on its toes so you don't plateau. You can try extending your run or changing pace in the middle of it... like regular speed for a mile, sprint for a quarter mile and back down to your regular pace for the rest of the run and gradually increase your sprints as each run becomes easier.

I know this is true because oddly i tend to lose a couple pounds when i just stop that routine all together. then the next challenge is starting again. lol.

Memorial_07
09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
keep pushing yourself.

more and more each time PF

cansei de ser sexme
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
cookies and cream rock my world. that snickers ice cream bar is orgasmic as well

well some times i like to shake it up with cookie dough ice cream but i wish there was a cookie dough ice cream that spread the cookie dough better through the ice cream cause i dont like big cookie dough bites. even the immaculate DQ cookie dough blizzard is guilty of this.

cansei de ser sexme
09-11-2008, 08:47 PM
BlDWdfTAx8o

allyjoy
09-11-2008, 11:31 PM
^^^
1. ew
2. how does he wipe his ass?

Mr. D: maybe :p

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Mr. D: maybe :p

:winkiss

paulb
09-12-2008, 03:59 AM
i need to eat better and exercize... I guess it aint good that all I eat is meat and cheese and no veggies.... fuck.

Memorial_07
09-12-2008, 05:27 AM
get non fat cheese.

meat is great because of the protein

TomAz
09-12-2008, 06:27 AM
I've lost 20 lbs since Coachella. Technology made it happen.

http://www.foremostfitness.com/admin/uploads/mainimg/image1_393.jpg

http://www.healthstylesexercise.com/catalog/images/Polar-F6-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Black.jpg

http://www.ykelecp.com/bjxGpic/200711250325932373.jpg

(I don't actually listen to Nelly Furtado though).

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Men seem to have it much easier than women as far as losing weight. Just look at those weight loss shows--the men always win.

CalmerThanYou
09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Diet Diet Diet. Cut all that nasty shit out and make your own food.

Cut out the mayo, white carbs (white bread (get wheat everything: bread, pasta, pitas, etc), and chips, etc), and SUGARS

A couple years ago i went from 223 --> 195 in 6 months. All diet change (and some exercise in there)

It's 90% diet, 10% exercise. if drinking, get the LIGHT beers or vodka sodas. they work like a dream.

TomAz
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I've lost my 20 pounds with relatively little diet change. I have cut out the junk food and try to eat low fat on occasion. But I still drink my Guinness and eat white rice and stuff like that.

I think it can be 90% exercise, 10% diet if you exercise enough.

bartelby
09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
weight watchers is a kick-ass way to lose weight - i'm looking to get down to 195 by April (shouldn't be a problem, but Xmas can be a bitch - damn you grandma!!)

everything just has a point value and you get so many points per day which can be augmented by exercise

it allows to me keep a life and still diet

CalmerThanYou
09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I've lost my 20 pounds with relatively little diet change. I have cut out the junk food and try to eat low fat on occasion. But I still drink my Guinness and eat white rice and stuff like that.

FACT: Guinness has less calories than a Budweiser.

I was shocked to learn that fact as well.

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM
this thread will be devoted to people trying to get in shape by the time Coachella comes around.

I know I will get blasted on this thread but if anyone is willing to just put yourself in and if someone has a question about something anyone who joins can answer it and support them as the months go by Okay, I just finished reading this thread so far and there are some excellent tips and support for getting in shape for Coach 09. (Ally, your post pretty much stated the facts.) Now, I, myself don't have a weight issue. Gravity, maybe, but not weight. I intend to simply start fighting gravity by standing on my head everyday until the festival. In addition to that, because I've only imagined how it would be while tripping at Coach, I'm seriously considering a plan that involves halucinagenic training with hopes of achieving the goal of melting my face off instead of melting any pounds. If anyone can provide tips, it would be greatly appreciated! So far, hydrating my system with copeous amounts of tequila and an occassional smoke session have been my workout, but I know that can't possibly be enough pre-Coach training.:rolleyes

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
BD, I'm hoping that if I get in really good shape, I can party and not get sick afterwards. I should probably just stop partying I guess, but I hate giving that up.

I also don't have weight issues per se, more like fat-in-wrong-places issues.

HunterGather
09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I wonder if i can look like this for the next festival I go to.
Ultra is in March, so I better get crackin'
http://www.nosumo.com/pics/muscleMan.jpg

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Gross.

CalmerThanYou
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
I also don't have weight issues per se, more like fat-in-wrong-places issues.

FUPA?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/elsee333/FUPA.jpg

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=HunterGather;730965]I wonder if i can look like this for the next festival I go to.
Ultra is in March, so I better get crackin'
http://www.nosumo.com/pics/muscleMan.jpg My first thought was one of those exotic deli breads, or Thanksgiving breads. Now I'm convinced it's the Pillsbury Dough Boy on Steroids.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 11:20 AM
FUPA?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/elsee333/FUPA.jpg

Sort of, but not quite that bad. :)

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2008, 11:25 AM
BD, I'm hoping that if I get in really good shape, I can party and not get sick afterwards. I should probably just stop partying I guess, but I hate giving that up.

I also don't have weight issues per se, more like fat-in-wrong-places issues. That's the gravitational pull I mentioned...you should see my fucking ankles! On a special note, for those trying to lose weight, I'll call dibs on the losses! Seriously, I would love 2 buttcheeks instead of one with a line drawn down the middle!

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
FACT: Guinness has less calories than a Budweiser.

I was shocked to learn that fact as well.

Fantastic news.

I'm currently on this plan.

Diet Diet Diet. Cut all that nasty shit out and make your own food.

Cut out the mayo, white carbs (white bread (get wheat everything: bread, pasta, pitas, etc), and chips, etc), and SUGARS

A couple years ago i went from 223 --> 195 in 6 months. All diet change (and some exercise in there)

It's 90% diet, 10% exercise. if drinking, get the LIGHT beers or vodka sodas. they work like a dream.

A few years ago I dropped about 30 lbs. from ~200 down to ~170 by simply cutting out the empty calories (fast food etc.) and exercise. Lifting weights and the treadmill are your friends, and much more tolerable with an Ipod and captioned TV.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
yikes, tmi BD.

boarderwoozel3
09-12-2008, 11:40 AM
yikes, tmi BD.

Thats an icky mental picture. Boooooo!

On that note I'm off to the gym.

(I have to do something healthy before getting stoned for the rest of the day)

TomAz
09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
I just had to google FUPA.

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I just had to google FUPA. Taco Bell Chalupas have just been added to any diet plan I may have had.

HunterGather
09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/myonlyhopex5/FUPA.png

locachica73
09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
ok see if you just print that picture and put it on your fridge and in your car you won't ever eat again.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
(I have to do something healthy before getting stoned for the rest of the day)
That's what I'm talkin about!

(btw I haven't googled fupa yet, just going by the picture)

MissingPerson
09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Guinness might have less calories than beer, but an all-Guinness diet will be absolutely devastating to your digestive system. You'll lose weight, I guess, but your bowel transplant won't be fun.

Men seem to have it much easier than women as far as losing weight. Just look at those weight loss shows--the men always win.

I might be accidentally making this up, but as far as I know, a woman's body is designed to retain more fat for longer than a man's, because she's more likely to have a litter to look after.

faxman75
09-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm in. My fat ass will be low carbing it.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Just looked up fupa. Ew. I don't have that.

MissingPerson, duh. :)

MissingPerson
09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
As in: if you put a big fat woman, and a big fat dude into two isolation rooms and let them starve, the woman will live longer.

CalmerThanYou
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
FUPA = Fat Upper Pussy Area

Semi flat stomach, BOOM (WTF?), normal legs

You've all seen it...now you know.

EDIT: When eating, try to think about eating for fuel for your body, and not just to eat. When you think in those terms you are a lot more conscious about what you're putting in. If eating out, make smart decisions. No mayo on the sandwhich, side salad for fries...all these things add up. I'll stop with this as i dont want to be "preachy"

allyjoy
09-12-2008, 01:24 PM

interestingly enough, that can develop into a form of bulimia... this is the least unpleasant (the other two are vomitting & laxatives)

I might be accidentally making this up, but as far as I know, a woman's body is designed to retain more fat for longer than a man's, because she's more likely to have a litter to look after.

Sort of... it's that women have a harder time losing fat from their stomachs than men because if we are carrying a life, we need more cushion. Yet another reason I am going to genetically alter humanity to make men give birth.

chairmenmeow47
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
i walk 2-4 miles every day. i used to only do it a few times a week, but after i got back from switzerland i made a few "life changes", including walking every day NO MATTER WHAT. realistically there's usually one day a week where i can't walk due to school or something else. but i've gotten myself in the habit of doing it every day right when i get home. no matter how i feel or what i have to do.

since i've started doing this regularly, i've found i don't have to watch what i eat as much. i also started drinking less beer/soda and more red wine/iced-tea. cutting out alcohol and soda will help you lose weight right there. not only do i have less time to eat, i don't want to eat as much. also, i recommend any diet that teaches you how to eat rather than something where you have to count calories or buy pre-packaged food. any health change should be permanent and in order to be permanent it needs to be realistic and something you can apply to any type of food when you go out.

i personally did south beach 3 and 1/2 years ago after gaining a bunch of weight on the shot. it worked for me because it taught me how to cook for myself and there wasn't much to remember. i could slip in and out of the three phases as needed. i also knew that if i had a bunch of pizza at work for lunch or something, i should probably be a bit more healthy for dinner. those types of trade-offs are MUCH easier for me than trying to keep a running calculation of my calories or something. i also reduced my portions by eating small snacks more frequently and doing things like not finishing the burger and fries if i went out to eat. it worked really well for me and i still apply some of those concepts today.

now that i'm at my ideal weight, i just maintain. by walking every day i don't really have to pay attention to what i'm eating as much. i might also add that having mirrored closet doors has REALLY helped me keep an eye on my body, lol. also, don't pay attention to numbers on the scale so much as just whether your clothes fit better or not.

it should also be something that works for YOUR lifestyle. i'm driving around and busy a lot, so i had to educate myself on what type of quick meals would work for me since realistically i can't carry around frozen weight watchers everywhere i go. i also eat a lot of meat so south beach was perfect for me, but it may not be for everyone. and i'm a fast walker who's always busy and i also love the outdoors & sunsets, so walking in my neighborhood after work is perfect for me. anytime i tried to a treadmill in a fitness center or something, it would never last because i didn't enjoy being inside, it took too much time to drive there and running + giant boobs is never a good idea, lol.

so i guess i'm saying that your health should be a regular part of your life if you want to lose weight and keep it off. being at my "ideal weight" has made me more confident, i have more energy and i get to think more things out in my head as i'm walking. so being healthy is more than just losing weight, it should be something you do daily to enrich your life.

best of luck trying to lose the weight :)

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 02:51 PM
:thu I didn't read it all Ivy but the parts I did were great!

locachica73
09-12-2008, 03:08 PM
I have also heard of people when they go out to a restaraunt will have thier order split and half of it boxed up. We tend to have this need to eat all the food on our plates even when we are full. So by splitting the food up we avoid overeating.

allyjoy
09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
You can always watch "Supersize Me." I avoided McDonalds for about a month after I saw that. I think he's an idiot for doing it, but it's pretty scary to see how it affects a person.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Whenever I get mexican food from this one place, it tastes so good that I always finish it even though I'm full before I'm done. I should probably buy the tacos a la carte instead of getting the full meal maybe. I just hate wasting the food when it's so good.

Jacob is going to start consuming this stuff that boosts his metabolism so he has more energy and wants to exercise more. Can't remember what it's called.

locachica73
09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Whenever I get mexican food from this one place, it tastes so good that I always finish it even though I'm full before I'm done. I should probably buy the tacos a la carte instead of getting the full meal maybe. I just hate wasting the food when it's so good.

Jacob is going to start consuming this stuff that boosts his metabolism so he has more energy and wants to exercise more. Can't remember what it's called.

Hey when you find out let me know. That is my problem, my metabolism sucks. I eat once a day, sometimes twice and yet I can't lose weight. And the 6 times a day thing is just not that easy for me. I can't eat before 11 am without feeling sick so I just eat lunch and occasionally dinner. I need something that will trick my metabolism.

chairmenmeow47
09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
:thu I didn't read it all Ivy but the parts I did were great!

LOL, didn't realize it was that long :x

yeah, i had a lot of iced-tea today... time to walk :)

meth? :p

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM

Steroids.

chairmenmeow47
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Steroids.

so much better than mein!

locachica73
09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I am hoping it is neither of the above since I like having all my own teeth and don't particularly want a mustache.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey when you find out let me know. That is my problem, my metabolism sucks. I eat once a day, sometimes twice and yet I can't lose weight. And the 6 times a day thing is just not that easy for me. I can't eat before 11 am without feeling sick so I just eat lunch and occasionally dinner. I need something that will trick my metabolism.

Even tho you're not hungry you HAVE TO EAT BREAKFAST! It is essential, the metabolism stays in "sleep mode" till it has something to process. Doesn't have to be much at all, just something to get it going. A banana is fine or my personal favorite peanut butter toast with honey on it! The natural sugar from the honey is also a nice little energy boost.

locachica73
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
ummm does coffee with creamer count as breakfast? lol. I try to occasionally choke down some crackers with peanut butter but I just have never been able to do breakfast, even as a kid.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Hydroxycut is similar to what Amy described and there is another one called Xenergy I tried for awhile, it represses your appetite and boosts energy levels. It worked but it really isn't good for you overall. Bad for the heart.

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Ok, I freakin texted him. It's called Hydroxycut.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
ummm does coffee with creamer count as breakfast? lol. I try to occasionally choke down some crackers with peanut butter but I just have never been able to do breakfast, even as a kid.

It is ESSENTIAL Chica, step your game up and get it done damn it!!

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Hydroxycut is similar to what Amy described and there is another one called Xenergy I tried for awhile, it represses your appetite and boosts energy levels. It worked but it really isn't good for you overall. Bad for the heart.
ya beat me to it.

chairmenmeow47
09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
yeah, my roommates take that when they want to clean the whole house...

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
So it's speed then? heh.

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Pretty much...

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Jacob says you're not supposed to drink any other caffeinated drink when you use it because it has a lot of caffeine.

chairmenmeow47
09-12-2008, 03:33 PM
So it's speed then? heh.

no, it's magic house cleaning beans :p

<~~~feelin' sassy

amyzzz
09-12-2008, 03:38 PM
As long as he doesn't end up like Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream

http://www.chlotrudis.org/awards/archives/seventh/requiem.jpg
http://atlmalcontent.typepad.com/atlmalcontent/images/2008/02/18/burst.jpg
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/77/039_45460.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
THE FRIDGE!

CalmerThanYou
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
That is the best/worst movie ever.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080313/unwatchable/requiem-for-a-dream_l.jpg

Anytime i hear a DJ throw down a remix of the main song it makes me sick.

locachica73
09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
It is ESSENTIAL Chica, step your game up and get it done damn it!!

aye aye capt'n

;)

Memorial_07
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
thought that was SLC Punk at first, Calmer

Courtney
09-13-2008, 10:09 AM

Most nutritionists will tell you that the problem with eating one or two times per day is that by the time you get to eating, you're so famished that you end up making bad choices and eating too much. I guess it's up to the individual person, but I know that's true for me.

Courtney
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
For the past couple weeks, I have bumped up my cardio routine at the gym from 30-45 minutes to more like 60 minutes on most mornings. The strangest thing has happened -- I've started to genuinely experience the whole runner's high/endorphins phenomenon. It's something I never even experienced while a varsity athlete in high school and college, nor when training for the marathon last year. So I have no idea why it's suddenly decided to share itself with me, but I'm super happy about it.

Also, true confessions time: I've never really liked Neon Bible all that much, but it's fabulous for workouts.

fiyahhh!
09-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Sliverlake Pills by Adam Freeland is my go to song when I'm on the treadmill.

gaypalmsprings
09-13-2008, 11:03 AM
fiyahhh! - your avatar is so disturbing - I've meant to ask you for a long time - what is it?

http://coachella.com/forum/image.php?u=7643&dateline=1190856677

fiyahhh!
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Another tip:
when dining out and ordering salad, always get the dressing on the side. Don't pour it on. Instead, dip your fork in it halfway before stabbing your lettuce, that way you'll have just enough to taste. I always end up with 1/2 to 3/4 of the dressing leftover. I like seeing all the leftover dressing and knowing it's not in my veins.

fiyahhh!
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
i take it you don't watch the Office?

gaypalmsprings
09-13-2008, 11:07 AM
i take it you don't watch the Office?

No, I don't. Should I?

fiyahhh!
09-13-2008, 11:10 AM
by all means, yes.

Memorial_07
09-13-2008, 11:25 AM
you don't have to watch the office.
it's gotten a bit overrated and bland

fiyahhh!
09-13-2008, 11:35 AM
http://i.pbase.com/o6/96/492696/1/70977473.dak5IcYj.orly.gif

CalmerThanYou
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Fitness
I Put In 5 Miles at the Office
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/09/16/fashion/18fitness.600.jpg
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/18/health/nutrition/18fitness.html?no_interstitial

This has to be the most retarded shit i have ever seen.

Memorial_07
09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
well, it gets the job done

CalmerThanYou
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
literally.

:/

Beef Jerky
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
by all means, yes.

lol I love your avatar. I LOVE DWIGHT.

I want to lose 10 pounds by Coachella.

fiyahhh!
09-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Fitness
I Put In 5 Miles at the Office
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/09/16/fashion/18fitness.600.jpg
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/18/health/nutrition/18fitness.html?no_interstitial

This has to be the most retarded shit i have ever seen.

that's just what i want - a customer service rep who is out of breath and panting.

fiyahhh!
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
don't drink this!

1. The Worst Drink in America
Baskin-Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake

2,310 calories
108 g fat (64 g saturated)
266 g

Let's look at America's Worst Drink in numbers:

73: The number of ingredients that go into this milkshake.
66: The number of teaspoons of sugar this drink contains.
11: The number of Heath Bars you would have to eat to equal the number of calories found in one Baskin Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake.
12: The average number of minutes it takes to consume this drink.
240: The number of minutes you'd need to spend on a treadmill, running at a moderate pace, to burn it off.

whynotsmile99
09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
don't drink this!

2,310 calories
266 g

11: The number of Heath Bars you would have to eat to equal the number of calories found in one Baskin Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake.
240: The number of minutes you'd need to spend on a treadmill, running at a moderate pace, to burn it off.

that sounds absolutly delicious

Mr. Dylanja
09-18-2008, 09:56 PM
don't drink this!

2,310 calories
266 g

Can I inject it?

boarderwoozel3
09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats fucking disgusting.

Whenever I get a hankering for ice cream I go for Ben and Jerry's Half Baked Froyo. It has about half as many calories and 75% less fat (per serving) than regular ice cream.

leo01g
09-19-2008, 01:44 AM
their strawberry cheesecake ice cream is delicious

BROKENDOLL
09-19-2008, 02:07 AM
don't drink this!

2,310 calories
266 g

240: The number of minutes you'd need to spend on a treadmill, running at a moderate pace, to burn it off. Average amount of calories burned during foreplay and 1 hour of sex= approximately 420-510, depending upon your weight/ body shape...Plan accordingly and you won't have to worry about all those sinfull ingredients!:dumbo

that sounds absolutly delicious Doesn't it though? Plan accordingly and enjoy the shake afterwards...guiltfree!:dumbo

bartelby
09-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Ok, I freakin texted him. It's called Hydroxycut.

ahyai yai - that shit is horrible.....its basically just a ephedrine-type pill that leaves you jittery as shit

bad bad bad stuff - tell him to just drink more green tea instead

sbessiso
09-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream might be one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Ben&Jerry's FTW!

uhhh, I mean, fuck ice cream! Workout!

samiksha
09-19-2008, 09:30 AM
dude. you guys. there's a ben and jerry's ice cream that i've only seen at the official ben and jerry's stores, not at the grocery store, but it has pudding in it. holy crap is it good. pudding and oreos i think and chocolate ice cream.

locachica73
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
That does not sound good, but then again I do not like chocolate.

amyzzz
09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
ahyai yai - that shit is horrible.....its basically just a ephedrine-type pill that leaves you jittery as shit

bad bad bad stuff - tell him to just drink more green tea instead
He likes it. He says it's suppressing his appetite, and he hasn't been eating as much crap. We don't drink green tea in my household; is there a brand you would recommend?

fiyahhh!
09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Green tea is great for you, but yerba mate tea gives you more energy and is a better appetite supressant. Guayaki is a good brand for yerba mate. I like the chai flavor.