PDA

View Full Version : FRINGE official thread

unitedwestand
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Thought last night's episode was pretty awesome.
And the rest of the season looks pretty damn good too.
So is this gonna be the new LOST?

frozen pilgrim
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I thought it was written by manatees.

I still plan on watching episode two though.

hawkingvsreeve
09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
It did reek of JJ Abrams, but I thought it was engaging and intriguing. I'm curious how long it will take until some sort of shark is jumped. Knowing Abrams it wont be long.

But yes, I will be suckered into episode 2 as well.

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
It seemed like some kind of X-Files knock off. The first episode, IMO, was garbage. It will probably only get worse from here. It's JJ Abrams.

I'll watch episode two.

menikmati
09-10-2008, 08:50 PM
is this the show with Charlie from the Mighty Ducks in it?

thewindowliquor
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I think you mean Pacey from Dawson's Creek.

But yes.

TomAz
09-10-2008, 10:00 PM
I thought this was gonna be about Edinburgh.

hawkingvsreeve
09-11-2008, 12:03 AM
I got an X-Files vibe as well. I wouldn't say it's a ripoff, or anything, but you can tell they were inspired by it.

The dream sequence reminded me of The Cell a little bit (movie a while ago with J-Lo, Vince Vaughn and Vincent Dinafricantspellhislastname).

Sushov23
09-11-2008, 12:23 AM
It did reek of JJ Abrams, but I thought it was engaging and intriguing. I'm curious how long it will take until some sort of shark is jumped. Knowing Abrams it wont be long.

But yes, I will be suckered into episode 2 as well.

jumping the shark? hmmmm, oh yeah like LOST?

thewindowliquor
09-11-2008, 01:29 AM
yeah. Lost. another garbage ass show of which i never miss an episode.

fringe is just going to be one more piece of shit thing taking up space on my dvr.

captncrzy
09-11-2008, 07:33 AM
I got an XFiles vibe too. I'll be watching it again, but really, JJ Abrams needs to find another composer...they use the exact same musical transitions as they do in Lost.

menikmati
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
He'll always be Charlie to me.

hawkingvsreeve
09-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I got an XFiles vibe too. I'll be watching it again, but really, JJ Abrams needs to find another composer...they use the exact same musical transitions as they do in Lost.

We were saying that as well. I was waiting for Hurley to pop out randomly.

frozen pilgrim
09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I think they jumped the shark already- I mean come on, a disease that melts a guy's face right off in under ten seconds of exposure, but doesn't kill the agent?

frozen pilgrim
09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
although props to them for upping the primetime gore factor one more notch

sbessiso
09-11-2008, 09:47 AM
was the agent the joshua jackson character? Cuz nothing can kill my beloved Pacey!

I really wanna watch the encore this sunday, this show seemed interesting

hawkingvsreeve
09-11-2008, 09:50 AM
although props to them for upping the primetime gore factor one more notch

I thought the visual effects were very cool, especially when the agent's body was pretty much translucent.

Blinken
09-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Was i the only one laughing when they gave the FBI agent Special K and acid?

captncrzy
09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
We were saying that as well. I was waiting for Hurley to pop out randomly.

haha me too...except I was looking for a Ben sighting instead.

frozen pilgrim
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Was i the only one laughing when they gave the FBI agent Special K and acid?

when did THAT happen?!

fiyahhh!
09-11-2008, 08:58 PM
right before the sensory deprivation chamber... that whole part reminded me of Altered States.

sbessiso
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
"excellent. Let's make some LSD!"

The show was good, the first hour was hardcore entertaining, then it dragged a little, picked up but never quite reached the level the first hour reached. The leading lady is ALRIGHT, I don't hate her which is good but she's all kinds of bland. I love Joshua Jackson in everything he does and this is no exception, his dad is pretty funny too. There were so many times in the first hour where I kept going "So gross!", and in the opening when that guy's jaw dropped--literally, aw man there was definitly some sbessiso shreiking at that.

I watched the encore presentation, so they showed the opening for next weeks show, more shrieking ensued. Plus a preview of the new Keanu Reeves disaster "The Day the Earth Stood Still", it has keanu and special effects so I'm hooked.

marooko
09-16-2008, 07:50 AM
holy fuck!! just watched the DVR'ed episode last night. woo fucking hoo i cant wait till tonight. its on tonight right?

fiyahhh!
09-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Massive Dynamic, for all your weapon/biological/medical/corrupt government needs...

fiyahhh!
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
am i the only one still watching this show? does no one care about "the pattern"?

Sushov23
09-24-2008, 12:41 AM
what pattern?

drowningmatt
09-24-2008, 05:57 AM
am i the only one still watching this show? does no one care about "the pattern"?

After 2 episodes i know i'm probably going to get hooked into this show.

locachica73
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I am enjoying it although the taking the photos off of the eye of the dead person last week was a little much for me to handle. But other then that scene I am digging the show.

marooko
09-24-2008, 12:05 PM
this show is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wmgaretjax
09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
good stuff. makes me miss the chemistry of mulder and scully though.

wmgaretjax
10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
this show is getting pretty good. episode 4 was fucking awesome. goddamn I hope aliens end up in the mix.

amyzzz
11-17-2008, 06:05 AM
I'm really digging this show. I've watched all the episodes thus far, and it's getting better and better.

locachica73
11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
I have several recorded but haven't caught up since like episode 3 I think. I just have too many shows on my DVR. I need to weed some of them out.

BlackSwan
11-17-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm into it... hope Fringe sticks around.

marooko
11-17-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't dig on too much TV, but this show has got my attention.

amyzzz
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
The chemistry between Olivia and the son (Joshua Jackson), and the son and the mad scientist father is really good, but I wish they would develop the Astrid (asterisk... asteroid...) character and the FBI boss better. And I love how the scientist keeps asking for root beer floats, blue cotton candy, fruit cocktail, etc. Funny. Anyone notice that the scientist guy also played the regent king in Lord of the Rings? (Boromir and Faramir's crazy dad).

BlackSwan
11-17-2008, 01:49 PM
unfortunately Joshua Jackson's delivery can be weak at some points.

marooko
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Amy, I like how you give examples of how the Doc calls her everything but her name. That rally kills me. As you listed, he called her Asteroid last week, that shit was funny.

marooko
02-11-2009, 09:30 PM
anyone still watching this?

was there some point in previous shows where the Doc mentioned something about the "Y" ion his typewriter? I feel like there was but cant remember exactly.

Tylerdurden31
04-29-2009, 07:57 AM
so they filmed the beginning of last night's episode outside and inside of Studio B in brooklyn. Awesome.

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Conversation moved...

Better this than Fringe.

I'm giving up on Fringe, BlackSwan. The acting AND the storylines just get worse every episode.

Come on, now Peter is really from a parallel relality. It's a fun show.

If it gets cancelled after the next season, I'm going to blame it on you "giving up" on it.

That was the only good thing to come out of the last episode, but the black boss guy and Olivia are getting on my nerves (and I used to like Olivia). Why are they so one-dimensionally serious all the time? Oh hell, I'll probably keep watching it. :/

But I agree, their exchanges have been getting weird, especially in the last episode. I'm just glad they didn't take the Peter/Olivia's sister romance thing any further. That would have been really annoying.

Wait, that tombstone was in an alternate reality?

that was the implication. for bad storylines, you sure aren't following very well.

although, i think the case could be made for peter being from an alternate reality... could go either way. regardless, the peter we know is not the son of the walter we know.

Wait, I didn't think the tombstone was in a parallel reality. I assumed Peter died in 1985, and Walter brought him back to the reality the show takes place in from a parallel reality at some point between 1985 and the present.

Was it clear what coin he put on top of the tombstone? If it was the one the Observer gave him then it would imply the tombstone was in an alternate reality.

Bottom line, the show is confusing and I like it.

That was how I took it. I know I would be able to follow it better if I just watched it with Jacob when the kids aren't around (the kids distract me and so does our non-HD TV with the squiggly lines).

It's sad that no one is bothering to talk about the title show in this thread. perhaps that is why it was cancelled--not worth discussing.

Fringe is one of the best things I've seen in a while. It's like a refreshing X-Files. The whole thing with Peter is crazy! I think the tombstone is in "our" reality, and Peter was brought from the parallel reality.

I think Walter might be looking for Peter's mother in the parallel reality. He said he wanted to get what was taken from him back, and maybe he was talking about his family. Maybe one of his experiments got out of hand, or something killed his family, and he was able to take the Peter from the alternate reality, but now he's looking for his wife? I don't know. A lot of things could be going on.

I agree, that's what I thought too. There is definitely a lot we don't know yet.

Also, I love Olivia.

It could be that way, the "something taken" could be peter that died, so walter stole a peter from another reality. Or it could be that walter left his reality to go to another (that would make sense with the observer's comment about "it's time to go back") where his family was.

Also, I love Olivia.

Foxy...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Anna-Torv-f06.jpg

It could be that way, the "something taken" could be peter that died, so walter stole a peter from another reality. Or it could be that walter left his reality to go to another (that would make sense with the observer's comment about "it's time to go back") where his family was.

Are you referring to the end of the previous episode, or the season finale? If I recall correctly, the Observer said "It's time to go." at the end of the that episode. Then again, Walter's memory loss could have to do with him not being from the current reality.

marooko
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
i dig this show. i dig that picture. you dig?

iv3rdawG
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
cill8h8vqrI

marooko
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
are you fucking serious?

iv3rdawG
05-20-2009, 03:02 PM
You dig it?

wmgaretjax
05-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Are you referring to the end of the previous episode, or the season finale? If I recall correctly, the Observer said "It's time to go." at the end of the that episode. Then again, Walter's memory loss could have to do with him not being from the current reality.

i wondered where your post disappeared to. Yeah, I might have remembered wrong. Either way, it could imply that he needs to return. Or did return in some fashion in the last two episodes.

marooko
05-20-2009, 03:06 PM
he went to an old beach house to find something.

I dig. Just didn't know she had an accent. I dig that too.

Alchemy
05-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm going to stalk her when I move to New York.

marooko
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
wanna join forces? i have connections there.

Alchemy
05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
wanna join forces? i have connections there.

Get your people to scope out the area and prepare for my arrival in August. I'll need her phone number before I go there. I already have my speech ready:

"You don't know who I am, but I have a special set of abilities. Abilities I have gained over years of work in situations like this. We could make this easy if you wait for me inside my room in New York, but if you don't - I will find you. I will marry you."

And then she'll say, "Goodluck," and hang up... but, I'll get her. I'll get her.

marooko
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I know where she shops.

wmgaretjax
09-17-2009, 10:43 PM
season premiere was solid. wished there wasn't that bible shit.

MissingPerson
09-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Oh, youtube.

It's so weird hearing her Australian accent. I'm so used to normal voice on Fringe.

benhur
05-07-2011, 02:32 PM
great finale

captncrzy
05-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Yep. So, is Peter gone then?

Typical JJ Abrams....finale answers questions but raises even more.

Alchemy
05-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I enjoyed it, but it's starting to get really crazy, I think. I sort of liked the early X-Files feel of the first season, where there was a variety of strange phenomena and weird occurrences. You know? Like, they solve a case, and for the most part, everything is okay until the next weird thing. But now, everything is explicitly linked to the main plot of the parallel universes, so to me, it's kind of becoming more like LOST. I know most of the first season phenomena (if not all of them) made up the pattern, which also has to do with the parallel universes... but when something crazy happened, I wasn't thinking, "Uh oh! The parallel universe! Walternate is doing something! etc..." I'm afraid that all it is going to be from now on is wormholes, vortexes, and soft spots.