PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Melvins could do it?

DeadSkin
09-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Do you think the Melvins could sunset on Saturday? Would you go check them out? What would their set list look like?

rage patton
09-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I could most definately see the Melvins at Coachella. Why specifically do you ask if they could play Saturday at sunset? They could... or they could play Friday during the day or Sunday at night. I just think in general, the Melvins could play Coachella.

sbessiso
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM
geez louise papa cheese, its a rage patton storm up in here!

Memorial_07
09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I defintley think so

slurpee
09-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Melvins would be sweet at Coachella. They have been playing shows too.

rage patton
09-17-2008, 11:13 AM
geez louise papa cheese, its a rage patton storm up in here!

Ahaha. I just read this now and it made me laugh.

vinylmartyr
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
They live in LA and play almost every month here. I don't see them getting a good slot though. Like afternoon in a tent maybe.

vinylmartyr
09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
King Buzzo is a big Dodger fan.

esy191
02-04-2009, 11:48 PM
:bump

Yes I think they could do it, and I hope they will do it.

Late add por favor!

New album came out this last july, why not!

Melvins have never rocked the polo fields before and I think they are one of those rare metal bands that is a perfect fit for Coachella.

Pleeeeeease...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Melvins would great

...even better though would be Patton ditching Rahzel and grabbing King Buzzo and the gang and doing a Fantomas set...

Shooters08
02-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Melvins would be awesome! Their drummer is sooo good!

esy191
02-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Their drummer is sooo good!

Drummers now.

politoe
02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Also since Patton is in the mix, they can perform at The Melvins/Fantomas Big Band

NightGoat
02-05-2009, 09:07 AM
if you couldn't already tell by my username, I'd be fucking floored if Melvins played. I heard Coady (new drummer) is going to be on tour with Murder City Devils, so he might not be around for drumming duties. However, they've been doing shows as a 3 piece with Trevor Dunn (Fantomas, Bungle) filling in on bass, and they've rehearsed all the material off of Lysol,Eggnog, and Houdini so they could play as that line up and easily be able to play a full set.

sweet artie
02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Drummers now.

Yup... The mighty Mr. Dale Crover & the bad ass Mr. Coady Willis (Murder City Devils/Big Business)!

DeadSkin
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Why wont they be Added! PLEASE ADD THEM GOLDENVOICE PLEASE!!

alicide
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
The Melvins Rock. I would go, no matter what time, what stage, whatever.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Also since Patton is in the mix, they can perform at The Melvins/Fantomas Big Band

That would be fucking unbelievable.

NightGoat
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Jesus Lizard also just got back together for an All Tomorrow's Parties event. They should do a set at Coachella as well.

Ulcer
02-06-2009, 07:14 PM
What happened to the old bass player? He always looked like he was on a fist full of downers.

esy191
02-07-2009, 01:06 PM
What happened to the old bass player? He always looked like he was on a fist full of downers.

I assume you mean Kevin Rutmanis?

A planned European tour was canceled in early October 2004, reportedly due to unknown complications involving Rutmanis. Following the tour cancellation, Melvins finished the year playing a few shows with David Scott Stone supporting the work of filmmaker Cameron Jamie in Europe and the United States.
When asked about Rutmanis and the canceled portion of the tour, Osborne and Crover stated that Rutmanis had "disappeared". Fans feared that Rutmanis had departed like so many bassists before him; however, Rutmanis returned temporarily in early 2005. In June of 2005, Rutmanis officially left the band with drug abuse rumored as the major cause. When Melvins toured with Jello Biafra in October and November of 2005, David Scott Stone filled in on bass.
In early 2006, Crover confirmed rumors of the members of the band Big Business joining Melvins. Commenting on adding another drummer, Crover said this about Big Business drummer Coady Willis: "He's left-handed, so we want to do this 'mirror image' type of thing. We've kind of fused our two drum sets together, and we're going to try and do some crazy thing with it. We're sharing these big toms in between us."

The rest is history.

Go buy (A) Senile Animal.

Ulcer
02-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I assume you mean Kevin Rutmanis?

The rest is history.

Go buy (A) Senile Animal.

Yeah, I saw the Melvins play the Troub. w/ Big Business. I didn't care for BB (hackey, bearded, costume laden crap). I think the blonde druggie bassist was still with them. He appeared to be unwashed - like a gentile.

Honestly, I love the Melvins but they need a new set list -the shit from stoner witch has got to go . The first time I saw them it was absolutely amazing. Marginal returns from then on out. I would still see them play but only because Dale brings his A game every single time. I'm still amazed he turned shreds of metal into a workable instrument.

NightGoat
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I saw the Melvins play the Troub. w/ Big Business. I didn't care for BB (hackey, bearded, costume laden crap). I think the blonde druggie bassist was still with them. He appeared to be unwashed - like a gentile.

Honestly, I love the Melvins but they need a new set list -the shit from stoner witch has got to go . The first time I saw them it was absolutely amazing. Marginal returns from then on out. I would still see them play but only because Dale brings his A game every single time. I'm still amazed he turned shreds of metal into a workable instrument.

Gotta disagree with you on the bassist,that guy definitely holds his own. Were you at the troubadour last year? That noise jam thing they did with Crover and Coady was intense. And you gotta love the rendition of Boris they closed on. And the cover of My Generation.

Ulcer
02-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Gotta disagree with you on the bassist,that guy definitely holds his own. Were you at the troubadour last year? That noise jam thing they did with Crover and Coady was intense. And you gotta love the rendition of Boris they closed on. And the cover of My Generation.

I'm not going to disagree. I'm sure the bassist can hold his own. I just didnt care for Big Business. The show opened up with some stupid comedy troupe. I recall there might have been a ukulele. Maybe I just wasn't into it that night. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing beats 2002 at the Troubadour. Dead Low Tide opened up. The Melvins took the stage and just stood there for 5 minutes until everyone shut the fuck up. They command respect like that. Damn, that was a long time ago.