PDA

View Full Version : Ash

LunaVC
09-06-2008, 06:10 AM
One of my favourite bands of all time. They were in the paper the other day saying how they are not releasing albums but just the odd single cos of downloads and stuff, it's more suitable.

I'd fucking love them at Coachella but I'm not sure how big they are in America? They did the theme to A Life Less Ordinary. Really catchy songs.

Kin ell, if Scroobius Pip can get booked for Coachella I'm hoping Ash could as well. For all us older lot.

sonofhal
09-06-2008, 06:12 AM
They played Coachella a few years back. There was not that many people watching them. Oh, and i'm going to see them tonight!

LunaVC
09-06-2008, 06:17 AM
where's that mate? they doing a small venue. I read it in the Metro.

Fuckin love Ash. It's a sad day when Ash get a small crowd and Scroobius Prick gets a fairly decent crowd and his whole act is to slag off UK Hip Hop.

Sad times.

sonofhal
09-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Astoria, London tonight. Playing 1977 in it's entirety. 2sold out shows in one night, so still pack 'em in here.

gaypalmsprings
09-06-2008, 06:43 AM
http://dylan.rolimidy.com/images/ash.gif

Memorial_07
09-06-2008, 07:16 AM
where's that mate? they doing a small venue. I read it in the Metro.

Fuckin love Ash. It's a sad day when Ash get a small crowd and Scroobius Prick gets a fairly decent crowd and his whole act is to slag off UK Hip Hop.

Sad times.

Oh come on.
Don't hate on Scroobius.

LunaVC
09-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh come on.
Don't hate on Scroobius.

I feel I have to. Cos I like 'hip-hop' both US and British. And Scroobius Pip isn't hiphop he's a parody of himself. I just feel he's a gimmick with he's stupid Apple Mac music and shit rapping and political views.

I gave him a chance at Coachella, but he started going on about Bush and then slating UK Hip Hop and then in the safe breath was blowing sunshine up Dizzee fucking Rascal's arse and I thought nah this bloke hasn't got a clue. I tried to RESPECT him but he shot himself in the foot with his rant IMO.

He used to work in HMV down the road from. He's just a graffiti artist copying Banksy and sprayed a couple of stencils around Hornchurch and Romford and he's just a myspace music star.

Memorial_07
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
I feel I have to. Cos I like 'hip-hop' both US and British. And Scroobius Pip isn't hiphop he's a parody of himself. I just feel he's a gimmick with he's stupid Apple Mac music and shit rapping and political views.

I gave him a chance at Coachella, but he started going on about Bush and then slating UK Hip Hop and then in the safe breath was blowing sunshine up Dizzee fucking Rascal's arse and I thought nah this bloke hasn't got a clue. I tried to RESPECT him but he shot himself in the foot with his rant IMO.

He used to work in HMV down the road from. He's just a graffiti artist copying Banksy and sprayed a couple of stencils around Hornchurch and Romford and he's just a myspace music star.

Look past the gimmicks: he has good, comical music.
Anyone who can parody themselves and get away with it is fine with me.

LunaVC
09-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Yeah but that's the problem. I don't like funny music. I like good music.
Apart from Eminem.

If you're into that sort of thing check out Goldie Looking Chain. They're a bit funnier but equally as shit.

MissingPerson
09-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Aw, don't even compare the two, they're entirely different animals.

Memorial_07
09-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah but that's the problem. I don't like funny music. I like good music.
Apart from Eminem.

If you're into that sort of thing check out Goldie Looking Chain. They're a bit funnier but equally as shit.

I'm not into parody music.
Besides Weird Al and Scroobius Pip.
They're both talented. They just use music to have fun.
Kind of like ska

rskapcat
09-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I saw Ash in '97 (ouch...that makes me feel old!) with Weezer at a tiny club. I've never owned any of their records, but I do remember enjoying their set.

That70sdesperado
09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
They didn't have a big crowd in 04 because they were playing at the same time as The Cure.

sonofhal
09-06-2008, 01:43 PM
God, the Cure sucked. Now i remember why i was watching Ash.

jazzz
09-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I support Ash.

LunaVC
09-07-2008, 07:51 AM
I support Ash.

support? what as in a support band on tour?

jonnypark
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I would watch ash at an early afternoon outdoor set.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 07:23 AM
this thread is gay.