PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Stubs - What do you do?

slurpee
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Who saves (or tries to save) ticket stubs from events they go to?

I have this random box o junk. If I remember, I toss ticket stubs or flyers of events I attended into it. Over the years I must have collected some pretty cool stuff. I am thinking about making them into a piece of art.

What do you do with your ticket stubs?

Throw them out? Collect them? Have a cool place to show them off?

SFChrissy
09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
We've talked about this before...mine are kept in a ticket memorabilia treasure box...but I'm looking for the right glass piece to keep/display them in...

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I try to keep them. sometimes I'm more successful than others. for example, the time I got my distillers ticket signed by the whole band. I covered it in clear plastic to protect it. the adhesive faded away all the ink from the ticketmaster printer, and now it looks like a blank ticketmaster template with the distillers autographs on it.

Pixiessp
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Mine are also in a special place. Making them into some kind of art piece would be cool.

bartelby
09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
they all go in a basket

Jon Blazed
09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
I try to keep them. sometimes I'm more successful than others. for example, the time I got my distillers ticket signed by the whole band. I covered it in clear plastic to protect it. the adhesive faded away all the ink from the ticketmaster printer, and now it looks like a blank ticketmaster template with the distillers autographs on it.

You might as well just throw that away, kid.

canexplain
09-04-2008, 10:33 AM
a lot of my tics are behind plastic on my walls, been posted before .. i am trying to get tygerlady to sew me a quilt out of old concert t's i know i will never wear again ... x****

feather
09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I have saved every ticket from all my shows since my first in the 8th grade. I have also scrapbooked every concert with all of the pictures, flyers, tickets, wristbands, guitar pics, confetti etc. into a notebook, along with a written account of the show. Every time I look through it the greatest memories come back. If a fire broke out it would be one of my first things to grab!

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 11:03 AM
thats why I :pulse you feather, I've been trying so very hard to do the same but it just doesnt come easy to me

Donaldj
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
A few of mine are behind frames in my apartment but the majority go up in my cubicle at work. They are quite a conversation starter actually with my coworkers.

Wheres the beef?
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
This is how it used to look.... (I got the idea from canexplain)

http://i34.tinypic.com/152glch.jpg

Then I had to take all the matting out to make room for more tickets. Now its wall to wall tickets in the frame.

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 11:41 AM
You might as well just throw that away, kid.

what exactly what the point of this?

why would I throw it away? I know exactly what it is, and whose signatures those are. I'm not trying to sell it. go get fucked, you rotten bag of assholes

stinkbutt
09-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I think what he was trying to say is The Distillers suck

cause you know they do

TommyboyUNM
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I've actually been thinking about this for the past few days. I was thinking about buying a small photo album and putting them in there. Maybe with 1 or 2 pics to go along with the show. I'm pretty sure I have most of my ticket stubs. All of the important ones at least.

Wheres the beef?
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I have saved every ticket from all my shows since my first in the 8th grade. I have also scrapbooked every concert with all of the pictures, flyers, tickets, wristbands, guitar pics, confetti etc. into a notebook, along with a written account of the show. Every time I look through it the greatest memories come back. If a fire broke out it would be one of my first things to grab!

That is sooooooooo sweeet!

shakermaker113
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I roll joints with my ticket stubs and smoke them.

miscorrections
09-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Chemicals, don't go to my head.

Hannahrain
09-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Generally I'll find a good place to keep them and then proceed to lose them anyway.

BROKENDOLL
09-04-2008, 12:34 PM
a lot of my tics are behind plastic on my walls, been posted before .. i am trying to get tygerlady to sew me a quilt out of old concert t's i know i will never wear again ... x**** Most concert t-shirts come in large and they end up not really being worn, so I made pillows out of 2 of them. Now I'm thinking the rest would make a great comforter/quilt. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/IMGP0839.jpg

Then I had to take all the matting out to make room for more tickets. Now its wall to wall tickets in the frame. I put mine under clear acrylic on top of my bar, but it's gotten to the point of either quit going to concerts, or build a bigger bar...Go figure...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/IMGP0843.jpg

Cdubby
09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
tacked on the walls with a poster, lost, destroyed, etc......

Boourns
09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
http://ticketalbum.com/

Some stubs are missing, sadly (Radiohead - San Diego night 2, 2006), or are e-tickets, so I don't have them all.

HunterGather
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I keep mine. But some shows were paper-less will-call situations, so I don't have it for all shows.

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
brokendoll, I like the look of your bar!

gaypalmsprings
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't care for stubs.

Mr. Dylanja
09-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Then I had to take all the matting out to make room for more tickets. Now its wall to wall tickets in the frame.

:thu Nice man, how many times have you seen Nard and Co. now?

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I should really do one of those. just digging around my desk area I've just found QOTSA songs for deaf tour, couple round of chili peppers, six days of coachella + camping + the vip wristbands, kids in the hall... I should save these, shouldn't I. although I guess I have saved them. just not in any specific manner

also, a lot of my tickets fell victim to in-my-pocket-the-whole-sweaty-show syndrome

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 03:48 PM
yo seriously! I know I have my radiohead ticket stub floating around somewhere, but I'm just terrible with these things. As long as I remember the show, i'm fine (too bad I forget a lot of these shows!)

frozen pilgrim
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
the shows I've forgotten are for the most part ones I played at

Jon Blazed
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
what exactly what the point of this?

why would I throw it away? I know exactly what it is, and whose signatures those are. I'm not trying to sell it. go get fucked, you rotten bag of assholes

Say what again muthafucker. You should throw the ticket away because you have shitty taste in music and because you are a gigantic ***. Please STFU now.

BlackSwan
09-04-2008, 03:55 PM
My fiance and I have a photo album that we put them all in... the really good shows have a picture or two we took at the show with the ticket stub... well... she puts them all in, i offer creative direction.

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I wish I were girly in this respect, much like my idol Feather. The photo albums are great ideas. But I feel like it's just too late to start now

send me ctrpllrs
09-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I have pretty much every ticket stub of mine. They are just in a drawer right now, I'd like to do something with them though. That ticket album seems cool, but that isn't very many that it holds.

BlueDevil50
09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
that funny boourns...i actually bought one of those ticket books and i love it. it's not a bad deal for only $10 or so dollars.

dontfeedthebird
09-04-2008, 11:23 PM
the problem with framing them is going to new concerts. so it's like, every other weekend, we'd be re-framing those bitches.

Norwalkguy
09-05-2008, 12:19 AM
i used to save ALL my tickets. I have all my first show. The Cure @ the rosebowl...Pearl Jam/ with the ramones in san diego..(with my name printed on it), Smashing pumpkins @ the palace for mellon collie...Depeche Mode for the Songs of faith and devotion tour...i have hundreds..The older i got ..and espically after i turned 21..and im assuming cause i was more drunk and would shove tickets stubs in pockets..my tickets have lessend..also the wallet where i have like 5 tickets @ a time have runined many...oh well..

and things like Coachella..good luck making out alive let alone my ticket stub!..BUT i do have my single day ticket for coachella 1999...that i do have...

BROKENDOLL
09-05-2008, 12:36 AM
brokendoll, I like the look of your bar! Thanks, Pilgrim. An ex of mine was gonna toss it after mistreating it, (Hm, kinda like he did with me...:nono ) and I needed something for my new "bachelorette pad," so before moving out I tossed alittle black paint on it, (Amongst other things...Kidding.) then laid the black ceramic tile on the top sides, leaving the center open for the tickets. Mine used to be kept in a clusterfuck sort of fashion before.There'ld actually be a shitload more tickets had I not lost all the pre-1990 stubs from my hometown San Diego concerts, as well as all the country Bo-Hunk concerts I was forced to endure with that ex. Woulda been a great excuse to enlarge my bar and liquor supply had the "lost and forgotten" been added...

BROKENDOLL
09-05-2008, 12:43 AM
i used to save ALL my tickets. I have all my first show. The Cure @ the rosebowl...Pearl Jam/ with the ramones in san diego..(with my name printed on it), Smashing pumpkins @ the palace for mellon collie...Depeche Mode for the Songs of faith and devotion tour...i have hundreds..The older I got..and especially after I turned 21..and im assuming cause i was more drunk and would shove tickets stubs in pockets..my tickets have lessend..also the wallet where i have like 5 tickets @ a time have runined many...oh well..

and things like Coachella..good luck making out alive let alone my ticket stub!..BUT i do have my single day ticket for coachella 1999...that i do have... I suddenly need a geritol washed down with some Metamucil...

send me ctrpllrs
09-05-2008, 01:29 AM
I also don't understand how a ticket stub doesn't survive. I've only ruined one ticket with sweaty pockets, always just put them in my wallet.

humanoid
09-05-2008, 09:17 AM
mine are all in my top dresser drawer...hundreds of them just waiting for me to figure out exactly what I want to do with them. I have every one I've ever been to except for maybe 3 or 4

feather
09-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I wish I were girly in this respect, much like my idol Feather. The photo albums are great ideas. But I feel like it's just too late to start now

It's never too late! I didn't start mine until a few years after my first concert, and work on it every now and then when I have time.

Geno_g
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I have a tin box, I throw all of my stubs in their, even my camping bracelets, also it hold some of the festival guides, that I've been to, the outside lands booklet is like a damn book...

sbessiso
09-07-2008, 11:42 AM
It's never too late! I didn't start mine until a few years after my first concert, and work on it every now and then when I have time.

I totally randomely found my radiohead ticket. good place to start!

airguitarvet
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
2 words.

PHOTO ALBUM!

Memorial_07
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
I hang mine on my wall next to all my autographs.
Same as the Coachella booklets.

cansei de ser sexme
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
i just put them in an envelope.

Memorial_07
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Do you send them out afterwards?

boarderwoozel3
09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I keep them in a few envelopes at the moment. Someday I'll put together a nice collage or something. Framing them would be nice.

cansei de ser sexme
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Do you send them out afterwards?

No! i put them in like big brown envelopes so i dont lose them...

Norwalkguy
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I suddenly need a geritol washed down with some Metamucil...

im 28...is is really time for Gerito or Metamucil? Or just jealous?

BROKENDOLL
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
im 28...is is really time for Gerito or Metamucil? Or just jealous? Keep your paws away from my meds, dammit! LOL Jealous? No, I'm about 20 years of concert stubs ahead of you! Yikes! Now I just wish I had kept all those tickets!

jonnysparkplugs
09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I keep all of mine (minus some Iíve lost) but I have no idea why! I just have them in a draw! Perhaps one day Iíll do something cool with them! If only I had a bar....

http://www.indecentmonkey.com/tickets.jpg

shakermaker113
09-11-2008, 12:08 PM
concert tickets in the UK are so oversized. the ones in my collection stand out because they're twice as big. occasionally they are very cool, when bands customize them. but often they are just 3 times as big as they need to be. lol.

nice collection though.

jonnysparkplugs
09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah Iíve always thought they are too big! They donít fit in your wallet, so they end up getting bent in your pocket...

Iíve never had a custom one, different ticket companies have slightly different colours and sizes! But nothing exciting

shakermaker113
09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I have a nice custom Radiohead one from their oxford gig in 2001. I'll take a picture some time and post it.

jonnysparkplugs
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I wouldn’t mind seeing that....

It’s surprising more bands don’t make custom tickets, as allot spend allot of time on the album art work/booklets!
That’s why I’d always buy a physical CD not the download as I’d want all the art work printed! Something nice to keep

CalmerThanYou
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM

BOB SAGET! Bottom right corner...man, you must have been hurting at the time to fill that bitch up.

algunz
09-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I've got stubs everywhere - tucked into books and drawers and such, but for the past few years I've been tacking them to the board in my daughter's room. At the end of the year they go into a box.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/IMG_0745.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/IMG_0725.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
I just have them in a draw! If only I had a bar....

Or a brain...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Algunz, I am jealous of that Royksopp/Basement Jaxx combo at thw Bowl.

algunz
09-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Algunz, I am jealous of that Royksopp/Basement Jaxx combo at thw Bowl.

You should be.

frozen pilgrim
09-12-2008, 09:02 AM
uh oes, someone accidentally showed us their motion city soundtrack ticket D:

KenMixtape
09-20-2008, 08:10 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/KenMixtape/fgth1985.jpg

woogie846
10-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I keep all of my ticket stubs in a jar.

Sonicifyouwantit
10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I made a poster of my ticket stubs through 2007. Collecting now for the next poster.

Stackamynutz
10-28-2008, 06:49 AM
My wife takes all of them and they magically turn into scrapbook pages with pictures of the event and a written summary of what went on/some of the experience(s) we had associated with that even. So I guess what I do with them is give them to her.

jackieart
08-25-2009, 06:56 AM
go to my website www.concertcreations.net and check it out!!! might help ?

jackieart
08-25-2009, 06:56 AM
go to www.concertcreations.net It might help

jackieart
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
go to www.concertcreations.net

thewildcat
08-25-2009, 07:24 PM

that is the coolest idea ever. i can't believe i never thought to do that. you've inspired me! :pulse:D

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Feather is so crafty; I admire that.

Sokkerkid101
08-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I'll pay for anyones Coachella ticket stubs from 2008 or 2009 :2c

gaypalmsprings
08-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I'll pay for anyones Coachella ticket stubs from 2008 or 2009 :2c

why?

fober
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
http://edweb.tusd.k12.az.us/sped/images/reallifephotos/Garbage%20Can.jpg

Sokkerkid101
08-30-2009, 05:02 PM
why?

Because mine were eaten by coachella and I want to make a collage or something of all my tickets, and whats a collection without coachella :(

canexplain
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I thought this a good thread to post this in. I think this is somewhat of a good idea but I like my stubs. You can see in the picture that you might get a printout but the details keep talking about paperless tickets. This is from Tickethorse: You buy your tickets online like normal, then when you get to the venue, you just swipe a photo ID you have, or your credit card. One good thing about it is that sometimes you canít go to the show like planned or some shows the person that bought the tickets has to be the person that picks them up. With this setup, you can go back online and get their info (drivers license or whatever) and you can then assign the tickets to them. They also tout how you can also sell them online thru their auction which has been around for a while. But I like my stubs Ö.. cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/tickets.jpg